Register

<< First7891011Last >>
Author Topic:
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: KEEP: Time Warp in Wales
on: November 12, 2005 07:01
Penny carefully took the page and sat down at a nearby table, digging into her satchel for a small notebook and a pen. She sat, somewhat crouched, over the paper, and began scribbling, muttering to herself in both English and another language Andy didn't recognize.

He turned to O'Conner and smiled widely. "Sure." he stated easily. His blue eyes glanced at Ian again; they showed the concern that was not apparent on the young man's face.

Andy strode out with his usual lazy grace, hands in his pockets.

Penny continued to mutter to herself, pausing to brush away some of her grey streaked hair and pushing up her glasses again. Her right leg jiggled up and down rapidly as she began to read through the transcript.

Some of it was a little hard to understand; the writing was smudged or hurried in places.

"I have it!" she exclaimed, turning and unintentionally knocking her satchel off the table with her elbow. "Oh bother..." she muttered, picking it up, then standing and walking over to where O'Conner and Ian sat.

"It was a story line Tolkien had an idea for, but apparently never elaborated on." she stated. "The two Blue wizards - Pallandro and Alatar - were great friends but they apparently had a split. Pallandro got hold of a Palantir, which he then used to join with Saruman and Sauron. Alatar, grieved at his friend's betrayal, attempted to stop him, but then dissapeared. Beyond some small notes expanding on the subject, that's about it."

Andy walked around the estate; he really ought to come back here sometime. Maybe take Savannah. She could use a good time and he missed his lively little cousin.

Lost in thought, he barely returned in time to dodge a young red-head with a lute case. "Sorry!"
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2005 08:01
Madlen watched Andy go with a slightly amused expression, but turned back to Ian. "Hold on!" she exclaimed. "You're telling me that you actually believing you're being warped into another world?! Please tell me you're kidding!" She glanced at O'Connor and Penny before looking back to her friend. "There's no such things as elves, or such a place as Middle-Earth!"
She tossed her long blonde hair back over her shoulders, and watched Ian with her ice-blue eyes. She was concerned about him. He'd always been a bit odd, but believing that he had been in a different world...that was a different matter. That was something you went into a mental asylum for. She shuddered at the thought of Ian being there. Hopefully, this was just a side-effect of the bump on his head. It would go away....
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: November 13, 2005 09:28
Apologizing profusely for interrupting the servant who was carefully dusting an elaborate suit of armor, Sarah backtracked her way out of the Armory, and began once more wandering the halls of Chatsworth.

The sudden realization that the Duchess just might want to actually hear her sing something before agreeing to allow the young Bard to participate then struck Sarah. With a sigh, and berating herself for not thinking of it earlier, the young redhead went back to her rented car and grabbed her Medieval-style Lute. Better than her guitars, she thought, the lute-case being smaller, and headed back inside.
Lost in thought, he barely returned in time to dodge a young red-head with a lute case. "Sorry!"

"That's all right!" Sarah answered in her soft mid-western accent, and laughing at herself, apologized to the young man with white-blond hair and blue eyes. "It's my fault anyway - I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. Kind of easy when one is in a place so fascinating as this - don't you think?"
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: November 13, 2005 04:45
Ian dropped the cup on the Aubusson carpet that probably was worth thousands of pounds, and his head jerked up. "Pallando! Yes, I knew it must be him." Suddenly, he wrapped his head in his long graceful fingers, and moaned in pain.

The professor touched his shoulder lightly. "Ian, what is it, my boy?"

Ian lifted his head and stared at Gelm...."Professor O'Connor, yes that's right, O'Connor. My head hurts so much I am feeling nauseous. Is there an emergency room anywhere around here? I need .. something .. a pain killer, perhaps." O'Connor looked into Ian's eyes and saw the pain hiding in the clouded blue orbs.

"Wait here, Ian. I'll go ask someone. Penny, will you stay here with Ian until I return, please?" As he passed Penny's side, he whispered, "And tuck that piece of paper back where it came from but keep your notes in your pocket. Under no circumstances must you discuss this with him, alright?" He knew Penny understood better than anyone, having been close to her nephew since the day he was born. His problems disturbed her more than anyone else, he truly believed.

In no time, O'Connor had returned. "Ian, Penny, there is a hospital in Chesterfield. They have a small emergency room that the Duchess has recommended highly due to the presence of an excellent doctor who is doing her residency there. The Duchess says the woman is amazing as a healer of the ill. We must round everyone up and let them know where we are going. Not everyone needs to come with us, of course, if they are enjoying their visit here but we should give them the right to choose what they want to do." Scratching his mop of white hair, knocking a pencil out in the process, he tried to remember who all was with the group. Andy, of course, Ian's closest friend, Madi, Nick and who else? Oh yes, Penny and himself. Shaking his head, he turned to Ian.

"My boy, stay here...sip some tea. Oh, that's right, yours is on the floor isn't it? Penny, is there anymore tea? Nevermind, here..drink mine. I'm going to find the rest and we'll be on our way shortly." Standing stock still, he was lost in thought for a moment. Then he looked around the library, as though trying to recall where he was. "Hrumph! Better still, I'll take Ian myself. No point in wasting time searching this huge place. Come along, Ian, my lad," he said, lifting Ian to his feet and guiding him to where the car was. "Now where was that car?"

When they finally arrived at the hospital, having weaved their way through the narrow country roads and the mid-day traffic in the town, O'Connor assisted Ian out of the car and into the hospital. There he demanded that a doctor be presented to them at once. "This man is hurt."

Ian sat in a seat in the waiting room, his head hanging, his hand on his forehead. He vaguely heard a nurse announce, "Here's Dr. Jenkins now, sir," and lifted his head painfully, only to find himself staring into the most beautiful sea green eyes he had ever seen. "Falmiel?" he whispered to himself.

[Edited on 14/11/2005 by berethedhellen]
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2005 09:37
After having treated a patient with the first symptoms of an oncoming heart attack Fiona returned to her tea, only to be forced to put it down after one sip. She did not care much – by now the tea had gone cold anyway and this was the last patient to treat today before she could go home…

When she entered the emergency room. She was startled. Did she know this man? Of course not, she scolded herself – but something about him seemed familiar… Those blue eyes….She quickly regained control of herself and entered the room. “Hello, Sir, I am Dr. Jenkins – how can I help you?” As the man described his headache and the symptoms that came with it, she listened carefully, all the while not able to take her eyes of him. When he was finished she looked worried. “Well, Mr. Michaels, I fear we’ll have to run some tests – If you would follow me”

After she had run several tests, some of which were not normal procedure, they returned to the room where they had started . When he was sitting down Fiona looked deep into those fascinating blue eyes, she could not help herself. In her head she tried to find the right words… “Mr. Michaels – physically I can find nothing wrong. Your symptoms are too strong for a migraine though. I would like you to observe carefully when and under what circumstances you get those severe headaches and when you black out. For the pain, I want you to take this,” she took a box of pills out of the cabinet in the corner, “I have to tell you that this medicine is fairly new. It will take your pain, but leave your brain clear. Take two for the acute pain and then one every hour to follow up, but never more than six per day. It would also be helpful if you started a journal. Write down anything connected to the pain. When it occurs, for how long, try to rate the intensity and anything else that comes with it. And I would like to see you back here in a few days – maybe we can get to the bottom of this – “.

She still could not really take her eyes of him. This had never happened to her before. Men were not very important to her. All that counted was her carrier and the possibility to one day built her dream hospital. But something about this man was different. She felt very silly – very silly indeed, but she could not help it. For some reason she wanted to get to know him better. She put a streak of red hair out of her face. She had no idea how long it was since she had last said something. She went to the desk and wrote something on a piece of paper. “This is my mobile phone and my home number – if anything happens, feel free to call. I hope you will feel better soon.” She shook hands and went out of the room.

Back in the staff room she nearly collapsed. What had she done? Had this shift really taken so much out of her that she had lost her mind. She had never before handed out her home or mobile phone number. Her patients called the hospital which alerted her – that was standard procedure. She shook her head. She really needed to go. She changed into her street clothes, put everything into the locker and intended to leave as quickly as possible. “Jane -,” she called out to the head nurse on duty, “I’m out of here. See you tomorrow – if anything happens….””Yes, we call you. Now go home.”

She was hurrying down the corridor, still thinking about Mr Michaels and her strange actions and reactions when she suddenly ran into him. He was apparently waiting for someone. “Oh, I am sorry Mr Michaels,” she said and wanted to continue on her way – but then he said something unexpected….
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2005 08:17
"Pallando! Yes, I knew it must be him." Suddenly, Ian wrapped his head in his long graceful fingers, and moaned in pain. Penny stood, worry written on her face.

The professor touched his shoulder lightly. "Ian, what is it, my boy?"

Ian lifted his head and stared the man...."Professor O'Connor, yes that's right, O'Connor. My head hurts so much I am feeling nauseous. Is there an emergency room anywhere around here? I need .. something .. a pain killer, perhaps."

"I might have something..." Penny began faintly, groping for her satchel. Ian's behavior had her extremely worried.

"Wait here, Ian. I'll go ask someone. Penny, will you stay here with Ian until I return, please?" As he passed Penny's side, he whispered, "And tuck that piece of paper back where it came from but keep your notes in your pocket. Under no circumstances must you discuss this with him, alright?"

Penny nodded and quickly folded her notes and tucked them into her satchel. The old page she quckly returned to the book it had come from.

In no time, O'Connor had returned. "Ian, Penny, there is a hospital in Chesterfield. They have a small emergency room that the Duchess has recommended highly due to the presence of an excellent doctor who is doing her residency there. The Duchess says the woman is amazing as a healer of the ill. We must round everyone up and let them know where we are going. Not everyone needs to come with us, of course, if they are enjoying their visit here but we should give them the right to choose what they want to do." Scratching his mop of white hair, knocking a pencil out in the process, he tried to remember who all was with the group.

"My boy, stay here...sip some tea. Oh, that's right, yours is on the floor isn't it? Penny, is there anymore tea? Nevermind, here..drink mine. I'm going to find the rest and we'll be on our way shortly." Standing stock still, he was lost in thought for a moment. Then he looked around the library, as though trying to recall where he was. "Hrumph! Better still, I'll take Ian myself. No point in wasting time searching this huge place. Come along, Ian, my lad," he said, lifting Ian to his feet.

Penny watched them go, fiddling with her satchel, before turning to Madi. "Well, my dear." she said, pushing up her glasses again. "I suppose we should probably try to find your friends and then meet Ian and the professor at the hospital."

"That's all right!" Sarah answered in her soft mid-western accent, and laughing at herself, apologized to the young man with white-blond hair and blue eyes. "It's my fault anyway - I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. Kind of easy when one is in a place so fascinating as this - don't you think?"

Andy cocked his head, slight interest showing in his usually half-lidded eyes. "A fellow American, then." he said with a smile. "Yes, I wish I had more time to be here."

He nodded towards her case. "A musician?"

BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 14, 2005 08:23
“Hello, Sir, I am Dr. Jenkins – how can I help you?”

"D..Do..Doctor Jenkins, right, of course, right." His head dropped once more and his hand gripped it tightly. He mumbled about his head hurting and where and how often, then could not go on.

Professor O'Connor stepped in, pulling the doctor aside, explaining the initial head wound that had begun this entire process, though leaving out any mention of Ian's strange behavior.

“Well, Mr. Michaels, I fear we’ll have to run some tests – If you would follow me” O'Connor helped Ian to his feet and they followed the doctor down the hallways. Through various laboratories and tests, Ian just wanted to sleep. His mind kept wandering and strange thoughts filled his head, like why, when he had looked at the doctor the first time, he had whispered the name Falmiel. And why had he thought she was a gentle, quiet person. This doctor was quiet spoken but she was businesslike and firm. And who was Pallando? He had told O'Connor he "knew it was him" but him, who? All he wanted was to get rid of these headaches and odd thoughts.

After she had run several tests, some of which were not normal procedure, they returned to the room where they had started. She looked directly into his eyes and began to speak, but at first, the words meant nothing compared to the depths of those sea green eyes. But her voice finally penetrated his mind and he began to focus on her words. She spoke a long time, and covered all the bases.

“Mr. Michaels – physically I can find nothing wrong. Your symptoms are too strong for a migraine though. I would like you to observe carefully when and under what circumstances you get those severe headaches and when you black out. For the pain, I want you to take this,” she took a box of pills out of the cabinet in the corner, “I have to tell you that this medicine is fairly new. It will take your pain, but leave your brain clear. Take two for the acute pain and then one every hour to follow up, but never more than six per day. It would also be helpful if you started a journal. Write down anything connected to the pain. When it occurs, for how long, try to rate the intensity and anything else that comes with it. And I would like to see you back here in a few days – maybe we can get to the bottom of this – “.

It wasn't until she reached the subject of keeping a journal that he sat up, facing her, wanting to say something....if only he knew what. He almost lost the fact that she wanted to see him in another few days. He wanted to tell her he couldn't be back in a couple of days, that there was someplace he had to be, but then he couldn't recall where it was. His eyes closed and he tried to block out the pain which was flashing through his head in intermittent blasts. He opened them in time to see her go to her desk and write something down. When she returned, she handed him a piece of paper.

“This is my mobile phone and my home number – if anything happens, feel free to call. I hope you will feel better soon.” She shook hands and went out of the room. He wanted to tell her not to leave then thought how foolish such a thought was.

"Professor O'Connor, could you find some water, please...I'd like to take one of these pills right away. I can't take this headache much longer." O'Connor told him about a fountain in the hall leading to the parking area.

"Come, lad. Let's get you home. What you need is a good night's rest and a few of those painkillers. Tomorrow will be a better day, trust me." Leaning on O'Connor's arm, feeling tired and in pain, Ian walked down the hall to the fountain. Opening the bottle, he poured out two pills, popped them in his mouth and leaned over to get a drink to wash it down. When he stood up straight again, the room swirled for a moment and he could see a tall slender woman with red hair waving down to her waist and with the same sea-green eyes of the doctor. With his hand on the wall to keep himself from falling, he waited until the swirling stopped and he found himself looking at a pea colored wall covered with signs telling which way to go for various offices. O'Connor, running his fingers through his already tossled white hair, was watching him, his eyes full of concern and worry.

"I'm alright, Professor. I'm alright...just a bit dizzy for a moment. I cannot believe a bump on the head would cause so much problem. At least, thanks to the tests the doctor just ran, I am reassured I have no concussion, no bleeding in my skull, so no problems. I think perhaps I have been pushing myself too hard the past few days is all." He smiled at O'Connor. "I would appreciate it if you could bring the car to the door though. I don't think I could make it all the way to the outer lot where I'm sure you've parked it." His charming smile was impossible to resist and O'Connor headed for the door, calling over his shoulder, "Wait right there, my boy. I'll have it here in a jiffy."

Ian stood by the door, waiting, when someone almost knocked him off his feet. Turning, he found himself staring once again into those green eyes.

“Oh, I am sorry Mr Michaels,” she said, seeming anxious to be on her way, when he said, "I know you. Where did we meet before tonight? For I know that we have." His blue eyes met her green ones and for a moment, he almost knew, but the moment passed and he heard O'Connor beeping the horn outside the door. "Thank you for your help, Doctor...Jenkins, is it. I will keep in touch with you and let you know how I'm doing. You'll call me with the results of those tests that we do not have the final answers on yet, right?? But I'm keeping you. I'm sorry. Goodnight."

He turned his back on her and walked through the door, climbing into the car, and as O'Connor drove away, he looked back to see her standing, tall and still, by the door.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2005 10:10
Madlen eventually stood up, tired of waiting around for someone to come to her. Books were of no real interest to her, although she did want to help her friends in getting to the root of the problem.

Penny watched them go, fiddling with her satchel, before turning to Madi. "Well, my dear." she said, pushing up her glasses again. "I suppose we should probably try to find your friends and then meet Ian and the professor at the hospital."

Madlen nodded. "Yes, that's a good idea." She smiled at the woman. She liked her, she had the kind of motherly aura about her that she'd never been privileged enough to have experienced.
They pair wandered the corridor for a while, but it wasn't too long before she stumbled across Nick. He seemed to be in a bit of a daze, but she was sure he was just lost in one of his daydreams about weapons and old-age Armour. "Uh Nick...are you alright?" she asked, waving a hand in front of his eyes. He blinked into focus, and looked directly at her.
"Are you alright? You remind me a little of Ian sometimes..." She laughed merrily, although there was a slightly concerned look in her eyes.
"Anyway, Penny and I thought we'd tell you that Ian's been taken to hospital. His knock to the head seems to have done him more damage than they'd first thought. I'm quite worried about him you know..."
She seemed to be lost in her own thoughts for a few moments before she forced her attention back to her cousin. She really was concerned about her friend. Ian was strong, little bumps never affected him as much as this one had. Maybe there really was something more to it.
"Uh...should we try to find them? I want to make sure he's OK."
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2005 11:07
Ronny Tucker - private investigator

Ronny still glanced at the young woman as she answered to his question. When she mentioned Atlanta he made big eyes. "you what? came over from the US on a case here in Britain? your not from interpole are you?" his voice sounded slightly joking, as if he didn't mean it but, heck, you never know these days. His eyes went down to what she was holding in her hands. "What the heck is that?" he raised a brow, wrinkling his nose. Then he also noticed the half dug up head. "geez! that's been here for a while by the looks of it." Robin seemed to be awfully busy with herself and her job here. But Ronny needed to go to the Chesterfield Hospital. He was supposed to meet up with his friends there. He had come here only for one reason, while the others were seeing to Ian.

He shrugged at Robin. "I'm afraid, I can't tell you anything about this estate, Honey. Its the first time I ever set foot here. I merely followed a lead on a missing child-case. There's a shady character living here, who the missing girl used to see, so an informant has told me. I also was told the girl in question might be in the Chesterfield hospital. So I need to get there and check on it. I travelled half the country after the traces that were left. She's been missing about a month and a half." He glanced down again at the head sticking out of the ground. It was quite gross to look at.

((I'm a bit lost now as what I'm supposed to do. My charries aren't too deeply involved in your main story. So...is someone going notice Nick? or where am I supposed to go? after all, you told me to have Nick look at the weaponry... but your lot are all at the hospital now, right? so how would Nick know?? - I'm a bit muddled))
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 17, 2005 04:47
O'Connor stopped at the pharmacy down the road from the hospital on their way back to the estate and thought to purchase a bottle of water as well. Ian opened the bottle and used the water to swallow the pills O'Connor had purchased. They immediately headed back to Chatsworth, arriving as the evening fell. The Duchess had arranged for all of them to stay at the estate and Ian and O'Connor went to the library at once to let everyone know they were back. They hoped all could gather for the evening tea and discuss whatever had been found in the library and also at the hospital.

They were fortunate to find Aunt Penny still there, but where Andy, Madlyn and Nick had disappeared to was a question. Ian leaned over and gave his aunt a kiss on her forehead, sitting down next to her, while O'Connor went in search of the rest of their group.

"Aunt Penny, I am going to assume that you have already ordered tea, and I can certainly use it. My stomach is grumbling. The pills have already started to do their job and my head feels much better." He patted her hand then gripped it tightly. "The doctor ran all kinds of tests but so far, has found nothing out of the ordinary. I think it must have been a combination of the bump I got and being so tired. I'm going to be fine." Loosening his hand for a moment then gripping it tightly once again, he leaned forward. "But something else has happened. The doctor....I felt like I knew her...that I had known her for a lifetime. It was strange. I'm certainly glad I never said anything like that to her for I'm sure she would have put me into the mental ward." He laughed humorously. "She was totally businesslike and not one who would believe in fantasies."

Just then tea arrived on a wheeled tea cart, the servant laying out cups, saucers and plates on the central table for the group to help themselves. The trays of cucumber sandwiches, pastries, and breads he placed in a neat setting then took his leave, bowing slightly and telling the pair sitting there to ring if they needed anything.

Ian got up at once and went to the table, pouring a cup of tea for Aunt Penny, asking, "Two sugars and cream, right?" He brought her the cup and set it down next to her, along with a plate filled with treats from the table. "Where are all the others? You said you sent Madi to find them and she never returned and now O'Connor has been swallowed up in the halls of this massive place as well. They'd best all get back here soon or I will have devoured the entire tea and there will be nothing left for any of them." He sat with his own tea and a plate piled high on his lap.

Just then the door opened. Both Aunt Penny and Ian looked up to see who had finally come to join them.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 17, 2005 05:51
He shrugged at Robin. "I'm afraid, I can't tell you anything about this estate, Honey. Its the first time I ever set foot here. I merely followed a lead on a missing child-case. There's a shady character living here, who the missing girl used to see, so an informant has told me. I also was told the girl in question might be in the Chesterfield hospital. So I need to get there and check on it. I travelled half the country after the traces that were left. She's been missing about a month and a half." He glanced down again at the head sticking out of the ground. It was quite gross to look at.

Robin noticed Ronny eyeing the skull in disgust and grinned.
"This is nothing," she said, "I've seen corpses only partially decayed, and worse things- but as for the girl, good luck with that. You might find a lead in the house. As soon as I'm finished up here I'll be heading over that way to see what I can find out- you're welcome to accompany me if you wish. Since you can't give me any information on this estate, maybe you can help me with getting this evidence shipped back to the states-- my team-mates in Atlanta can do the analyzing, and they'll call me with what they find out."

Robin kept at her work until evening came on; by that time she had finally uncovered the remains and photographed them, collected trace evidence and made sure everything was packed securly. After loading everything in the car that she was using, the young woman headed for the house, marveling at it as she approached. She silently mused that she'd much rather be staying the night in a place like this instead of a hotel- for one, she guessed the people working here were more polite, and wouldn't heckle her over her breakfast muffin.

Her first idea was to check and see if the estate had any documentation about WWII- and the most likely place would be the library, or at least, that would be the best place to start. A servant showed the way, and as they went she was instantly convinced that she would be lost the minute she was left alone to find her way around.

At length they came to the library and she thanked the servant, then opened the door, stopping when she saw two people sitting within. A young man and a woman. At first she thought simply that her work would be thrown off, then she thought that she might find out something, then she thought that it would just be nice to talk with more people, regarding her case or not - so she continued inside.
"Hey," she started, smiling, guessing that her CSI uniform saved her from introducing herself that way, "Are ya'll busy? Mind if I sit down?"

(note: el, I left it open for Ronny to join Robin if he wanted, but I didnt want to just assume that he would and have him follow her or anything. )

[Edited on 18/11/2005 by dreamdancer]

[Edited on 18/11/2005 by dreamdancer]
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2005 10:12
*In the Weaponry-Gallery*

Nick jumped when he suddenly heard a voice behind him. He whipped his head around and saw Madlen standing before him. "oh, aye...erm...A was in thoughts aboot thess lovely swords a-hee. Grand weaponry...amazing collection of unusual swords...jiss glance a' the marking's of thess...seem like runes, aye?.." he instantly stopped his flow of words when he realized that Madlen and her companion surely weren't as fascinated about this subject as he was. "well....where's the others? anaone heard about Ian, how ess he?" he raised his brows brushing his palms over the tartan material of his kilt. But it was nearly at the same time he had inquired about Ian, that Madlen was telling him exactly that.

"hostipal? aye, I kent he'd ha' tae go there...second time." he nodded thoughtfully. "et's worryin' aye. If ye go tae see hem, I'll definitely come along." he turned around towards Madlen smiling. "lets go then." his fingers were rubbing his chin as he considered Madlen's words about Ian's head injury. "et's strange, esset no'? A wasnae aware he bumped hess head all tha' hard..." he didn't dare to consider the matter further in case horrible illnesses of the head would come to mind. "So wha' ye bin doing yersel', Madlen? Seen anathen' aroond he'?...." and after another pause. "wonder were Ronny's goten to."

*in the Library of the Estate*

Ronny's face brightened up instantly when Robin remarked on the skull and having seen worse. He thought she might take him for a whimp or something at finding a mere skull sticking out of the ground gross, particulary one with wisps of hair still attached to tiny plaques of skin, or what would have been skin. Well, of course he wouldn't let her think he was less than a macho. He pursed his lips and nodded. "oh yeah...its nothing, your right there. Once I followed up a case that lead me straight to a corpse lying at the side of the river....you know..what a corpse looks like soaked in water..." he smirked a little looking at her. "...yeah...and..in fact....head was cut off and lay in the bushes...nearby.." he was making it up as he went along to impress her. Not that he really thought she'd be impressed.

He raised his brows thoughtfully for a moment considering her proposal to join her into the house. It was a very tempting idea. He could ask the Lady of the house about this girl and that notorious man, that was supposed to live around here. Maybe she knew the sect he was looking for. THough he was supposed to go meet the others at the Hospital to see how Ian was. And he would do just that....after he'd accompanied the rusty brown haird beauty. "Yeah, sure I'll help you here. What you want me to do? should I...erm...take the skull?" he said intending to make a little joke and hoping for her to say 'no'. He wasn't to keen on touching it. As things turned out, Ronny was trailing after Robin most of the afternoon. Before he knew it it was evening and he found himself following Robin into the library of the manor house. A libary like this, he thought, as he took a good look around the room, could even harbour some interesting secrets for him. Then he noticed the man and woman in the chairs! ((who are they? I can't remember who's in the library? would Ronny know them from Anglesey? or not?))
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 19, 2005 09:57
OOC: Ronnie was in the immediate area when Ian warped in Anglesey .. and sort of took Ronnie with him. But Ronnie has never directly met Ian or Aunt Penny in the modern day..his only connection is with Nick)

The door opened and two people walked in, one, a woman, in a jacket with CSI lettered upon it and a blonde man. Ian looked up about to say hello to one of their group when he noticed neither of the two were known to him. The coppery haired woman strolled over to where they were sitting and spoke, in an accent that was definitely not British.

"Hey," she started, smiling, guessing that her CSI uniform saved her from introducing herself that way, "Are ya'll busy? Mind if I sit down?"

The man stood by the door, looking around the library.

Ian stood politely and offered her a seat, pointing to the tea caddy and inviting the man to join them as well. "We are waiting for our friends to find their way back here from their wanderings and were just having tea. Won't you join us? My name is Ian Michaels and this is my Aunt Penny (who's last name escapes me, Jaid..sorry). We have been here most of the day doing some research...well except for Professor O'Connor, one of our group, and I. Unfortunately, we had to take a quick trip to the hospital in Chesterfield earlier but, as you can see, we have now returned and are awaiting the arrival of our friends." He was still waiting for the man to join them as he held out his hand to the woman.

"You are obviously not from Great Britain by your accent. May I ask your name and how you found your way to Chatsworth. Are you both sightseeing," he asked, looking curiously at the CSI lettering on her jacket and the dirt that had encrusted itself under her fingernails. "And would you introduce us to your friend as well, " he nodded to the man standing in the doorway.

The door opened again and this time a stately servent entered. "Mr. Michaels, there is a phone call for you from a Doctor Jenkins. May I show you to a private extension, sir?" Ian glanced at Aunt Penny, surprise and a touch of fear showing in his eyes. "Of course, yes, please do," he said to the servant and then turned to Penny. "Stay here and wait for the others, if you will, Aunt Penny. I'll return shortly. This may just be a follow up on a test result." He eyed her doubtfully, knowing how worried she was but not wanting to alarm her in any way unnecessarily. Turning to the other two new arrivals, he said, "If you will excuse me for a moment. I need to take this call." With that, he turned and followed the servant from the library, hopeful that there was nothing wrong in anything the doctor might have discovered. In the hallway, outside the library, he bumped into part of his group.

"Ah, there you are. Aunt Penny is in the library with tea waiting and two rather interesting people as well. Hurry and join them. I must take a phone call from the doctor at the hospital but I'll be back shortly.

(OOC: Okay, Who have I bumped into? *hint hint* Somebody post!!!)

[Edited on 19/11/2005 by berethedhellen]
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2005 12:12
Fiona had not gone home like she was supposed to. She had just gotten into her car when it came to her, like a lightning out of the sky. She had gotten out of the car, slammed the door, not bothering to lock it and ran back into the hospital. There she raised hell until she finally had Ian Michaels file in her hands.

She frantically she had searched for the results the brain scan. When she had found the print outs, she hat gone back to the computer and watched the animation again and again.... Then it became clear.... this might be a clue, this might be the one clue she had missed....

But she needed Mr. Michaels to cooperate - in addition to the journal, he best should wear a mobile unit, recording his brain activity. But how on earth could she get him to do this!
She took up the phone, then put it down again, waited a few minutes, took a deep breath and dialed the number given in the file.

After what seemed hours to her, she heard Mr Michaels voice on the other end, a little unsure. "Hello Mr Michaels," she said, "I am very sorry to disturb you at teatime - no, don't worry, it is nothing bad, but I have had an idea how we could get to the bottom of this, if you wanted to. I realized by looking at your brain scan again, that during your headache your brain activity was unusually high - this is rather unusual - normally all the activity is located in one part of the brain, you could say, concentrated on the pain and how to deal with it... I still want you to write that journal and in addition I would advise you to be connected to a mobile unit, monitoring your brain activity for a while. If we are lucky, the combination of the two will tell us more about the nature and the cause of your pain and if necessary we could contact a brain specialist with the results...." she took a deep breath.

On the other end of the line she could hear Mr Michaels breathing, but there was no answer. So she waited.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 20, 2005 10:02
Ian followed the servant, passing his friends with a smile and a shrug of his shoulder, knowing no more about what the doctor could be calling about then they. He was led to a cupboard under a massive flight of stairs where a small table with a telephone stood and next to it a straight back chair. Thanking the gentleman who had shown him to the phone, he entered the tiny room and sat upon the chair, looking with trepidation at the phone. He noticed that one line was blinking and so hit that button and picked up the phone, slowly placing it against his ear.

"Hello? Doctor Jenkins, is it? This is Ian Michaels. What can I do for you?" he asked, feeling ridiculous for asking that last question. This call was obviously not what he could do for her but what she could do for him, he thought.

"Hello Mr Michaels," she said, "I am very sorry to disturb you at teatime - no, don't worry, it is nothing bad, but I have had an idea how we could get to the bottom of this, if you wanted to. I realized by looking at your brain scan again, that during your headache your brain activity was unusually high - this is rather unusual - normally all the activity is located in one part of the brain, you could say, concentrated on the pain and how to deal with it... I still want you to write that journal and in addition I would advise you to be connected to a mobile unit, monitoring your brain activity for a while. If we are lucky, the combination of the two will tell us more about the nature and the cause of your pain and if necessary we could contact a brain specialist with the results...." she took a deep breath.

Ian listened to her and wondered once again, where he had heard that voice before, though when he had, it was much softer and more gentle but it was definitely the same voice, the same pitch and depth. His mind snapped back to what she had just suggested to him and he wondered how long he had kept her waiting for an answer.

"A monitor?" He envisioned a skull cap full of wires sticking out and chuckled at the thought. "Uh..Dr. Jenkins...well...er..how bulky would this monitor be? I would not like to look like a Frankenstein monster." He began to laugh as the relief that nothing was really wrong other than some glitch in his brain scan and the picture of himself wearing a cap full of wires drifted through his mind's eye. "And where would I get this monitor? Would I have to come back in the morning to the hospital?" His mind quickly went over the time they had been given for their stay at Chatsworth and the use of the great library at their disposal and hoped her answer would not entail too much time traipsing back and forth to Chesterfield Hospital. Still, the thought of seeing those sea-green eyes again was a bemusing thought. "Snap out of it, Michaels," he said to himself as he waited for her answer.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 21, 2005 11:43
Andy cocked his head, slight interest showing in his usually half-lidded eyes. "A fellow American, then." he said with a smile. "Yes, I wish I had more time to be here."

He nodded towards her case. "A musician?"

"You're an American!" Sarah grinned, and then nodded. "I am," she answered. "Sort of... well, I think over here they once would have called me a 'wandering minstrel'," and adjusted the strap of her lute case.

"I've been talking to the Duchess," she went on, a bit of 'awe' lighting her green eyes. "To see if she'll allow me to sing... but she got interrupted, and so I'm just 'wandering' the halls until I get called back.

Slowly moving on down the corridor, Sarah found it nice to have someone to 'chat' with until the Duchess was again free. "May I ask where you're from?" she inquired, "I'm from Missouri... the 'Show Me' State, you know..."
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2005 06:47
Madlen shook her head. "No, I haven't seen anyone else, except for Penny. Andy's disappeared off somewhere. I was hoping I'd run into him, but you know..." Her voice drifted off as she thought of Andy.
She smiled as she remembered the way the sunlight had glinted on his blonde hair earlier that day. But then she was dragged out of her daydreams by Nick's voice. "I wonder where Ronnie's goes to..."
Madlen watched him with mild confusion. "Ronnie? Who's that? I'm sure I've never met him before."
But Nick had no time to reply, as a servant of the Duchess approached the two. "Tea has been served in the Library, Sir. I suggest you two hurry up before it's all disappeared!"
Madlen laughed. "Yes, Ian does have a tendency to eat more than his own share."
It took them another few mintues to find their way back, the corridors were like a maze to them. But finally they came across the right door, and entered. Madlen was deeply disappointed to see that Andy wasn't there. Where could he be...
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2005 11:33
Fiona had expected that kind of reaction. “No, Mr. Michaels, it is a very small thing and the wires can be hidden quite well in your hair and behind your ears. We should do it as soon as possible, so if you don’t mind, I would drop by in about half an hour and you can have a look at the monitor itself and tell me then whether you want to be hooked up or not.”

What was she doing. Fiona scolded herself – it was not customary to visit patients at home, but she just had to see him again. The thought of him leaving and never returning was just unbearable to her. You are crazy – she told herself over and over as Mr Michaels agreed to her plan and she got into her car, drove to the hospital to get the monitor and then drive to Chatsworth.

When she finally arrived she was led into a room to wait. While she was sitting there, she wished herself elsewhere. Several times she had the impulse to just get up and leave, but an invisible force held her in place until Mr Michaels finally arrived.

She showed him the monitor and again explained the procedure. While she gave him time to decide, she observed him closely. Ian she remembered was the name in the records. Ian – what a beautiful name. But that was not the only handsome thing about this man. His body was certainly very fascinating, but the most fascinating thing about him were his eyes.

At this moment Ian looked up and there eyes met – and a world changed for Fiona. She had never in all her life experienced such attraction before. Looking into those eyes she knew that nothing else mattered…

And then the magical moment was broken. She blushed slightly, then asked, “Well, what do you say, Mr Michaels – shall we begin on the quest of finding the reason for your pain?”
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 23, 2005 09:03
When Ian left the library to take his phone call, he had bumped into Madlyn and Nick. "Ah, there you are. Aunt Penny is in the library with tea waiting and two rather interesting people as well. Hurry and join them. I must take a phone call from the doctor at the hospital but I'll be back shortly.

He had taken the call, and agreed to have the doctor come to Chatsworth with this monitor she wanted him to wear. Speaking to a servant on his way back to the library, he asked to be notified as soon as the doctor arrived, and then continued back to the library. Upon entering, he saw that Madlyn and Nick were standing at the table helping themselves to tea, Aunt Penny was still sitting drinking hers, and the two newcomers, whose names he had yet to hear (Robin and Ronnie), were still there as well. However, O'Connor and Andy were still among the missing.

"Haven't O'Connor and Andy returned yet?" he asked, as he helped himself to another cup of tea and a few more small sandwiches. "Well, the doctor is coming here to hook my head up to a monitor of some sort," he said to the group, turning to the two newcomer's and commenting, "I bumped my head a while ago and seem to have residual pain now and then. The brain scan shows some sort of a glitch and the doctor feels if I wear this monitor, it will help determine what the cause of my headaches are." He smiled his charming smile, "she assures me that I will not look like Frankenstein's monster but we shall see." Returning to the seat next to Aunt Penny, he looked at her sharply.

"Now, Aunt Penny, dig it out of your pocket. I want to see what it is that you found about Pallando and Alatar...and don't tell me you don't know what I'm talking about. The medication the doctor gave me has taken my pain away so I can say the names without wincing," he said, grinning. "Now turn it over." When she didn't move quickly enough to please him, he reached across and dug into her pocket, pulling out the paper full of notes and began reading them.

"Hmmm. So Tolkien had actually written a later small story about the pair. Pallando had come in possession of a palantir and was turned to the dark side." He read, mumbling to himself, and blurting out statements now and then. "Alatar fought him and then disappeared...hmmm. *mumble, mutter*...no one knew what had happened to Alatar but Pallando was definitely in cahoots with Sauron and Saruman...*mutter*...was there anymore to the story? Did Tolkien ever finish it or was this one of his possible plotlines that never was completed?"

The others listened and/or spoke among themselves while he read and re-read the scraps of paper. At some point, a servant entered the room with additional hot tea and plates of food and bent closely to Ian, stating that the doctor was waiting in the small morning room down the hall. Thanking the servant, Ian stood and excused himself once more. "Stay, won't you all? I'll bring the doctor back here when we're done. And perhaps Andy and O'Connor will be back by then as well." He left to search for the 'small morning room' down the hall.

When he found it, he entered quietly, seeing the red-haired doctor sitting in a small chair holding a small gadget in her hand. She didn't notice him at first, so he had time to look at her closely, feeling once again that sense of having known her somewhere, sometime. When she heard his footsteps and glanced up, the light of the small lamp next to her chair shone in her eyes...those green-gray eyes the color of the sea on a squally day. They stared at each other for a long moment until Ian cleared his throat and spoke, "So that is the monitor, is it? Well, it doesn't look that bad. Show me how it works."

She showed him the monitor and again explained the procedure. While she gave him time to decide, she observed him closely. He could feel her observation and concentrated on the monitor carefully. That is, until he could stand it no longer. At this moment Ian looked up and there eyes met...and they stared into each other's souls for a long moment. And then the magical moment was broken. She blushed slightly, then asked, “Well, what do you say, Mr Michaels – shall we begin on the quest of finding the reason for your pain?”

He cleared his throat again, and tried to focus on the monitor. "I think it's certainly worth a try, if you think it will help you in any way. But will you not join my group in the library and have some tea? We can hook it up there and you can also explain how it works to my Aunt Penny, as she understands these things better than I." Reaching out his hand, he helped her to her feet and led the way back to the library.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

O'Connor wandered the halls of Chatsworth, trying to find his way from one place to another without becoming totally lost. He turned a corner and finally saw Andy, half way down the length of the long corridor. Andy was standing and talking to a young woman with a large case of some kind and who was completely unknown to O'Connor.

"Andy, my lad! There you are," he said, strolling up the hallway until he was at Andy's side. "And you've a friend with you, I see. How do you do. I'm Professor O'Connor, Andy's mentor at Oxford. And you are.......?"

Before the young woman could answer, he glanced at Andy quickly and then turned back to the young woman, adding, "I've come to round up this boy and bring him back to the library for tea. Why don't you join us and you can tell me all about you and what you are doing here in Chatsworth. We are doing some research ourselves." Linking his arm in the young woman's arm, he led her along at his side, turning to look over his shoulder at Andy.

"Andy, come along. Ian is back from the hospital and more than likely eating all the tea. I'm very hungry and would like something to be left when we get there."

(OOC: Okay, folks, I think I've rounded everyone up and we should all be back at the library together by your next posts. Please post something of conversational interest with the other chars. We need to get back to ME and begin our quest so we all need to be together, knowing and speaking to each other.)
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2005 12:38
OOC: Oh yeah, thats right, Ronny hadn't even been able to tell Nick that he was around... so....erm.. is Ian now in that Chatworth House? yeah..guess so!

*in the Library of the Estate*

Ronny stood next to the young woman who'd led him inside. He was nodding a greeting to the people in the room, smiled, then turned towards the long bookcases filled with the most amazing book collection. There were quite a lot of very old looking books on one shelf that instantly grabbed his interest. The missing girl had been part of a sect, willingly or forced, whatever. There might be, some kind of ancient history book somewhere here, about this area and dark worshippings. He'd been in the job long enough to have learned the most outrageous stories to be true. It was amazing what people did, and what they believed in. Satanists, would be Wicca's, witchcraft, UFO's, yes, even fanatic religious freaks that thought UFO's would come to pick them up and bring them home to Jesus. He might as well believe in Time-travel!

Ronny snorted to himself. If he had to time-travel, he'd try to found out if there was something like Middle Earth. Tolkien's story had always been fascinating to him, but even more so, since his buddy Nick had been introducing him into the deeper meaning of that story. Taking him to a world like that in daydreams. Nick really had a way to flip ones mind. Ronny chuckled quitely running his finger along the spine of the books. But then a voice had adressed him inviting him to sit down and join them for some tea, just as he had turned his back on the party. He turned around again and decided to join the group. He might be able to ask them whatever he needed to know.

People always knew one thing or another. The man in the chair adressed Robin and asked her to introduce him. "Well, let me speak for myself, I'm Ronny Tucker, historian, on the shady side, if I may say so. Looking into matters of the dark side, sects and the sort." he said smiling shaking Ian's hands. He didn't need to tell everyone right away that he was a private investigatore. Valuable Info's might be withheld. Ronny thanked Ian for the invitation to sit down and did just that, when a moment later the man walked out of the room to take a phone-call. He looked around at the rest of the people sitting there and smiled at them cheerfully. "Ronny Tucker, and...might I...know your names?" he said friendly, while making a gesture to Robin pointing on his lap if she needed a seat, with a twinkle in his eyes.]

[Edited on 11/5/2006 by Elebridith]
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2005 12:42
*corridor to Library*

Nick smirked at Madlen's response to him. "I ken, ye'd been hopin' tae find Andy an' instead ye bumped intae me. No' verra excitin' tae bump intae yer cousin. Aye..." When she asked him about Ronny he looked at her surprised. "Ronny? I ne'er telt ye aboot hem? aaah, right I havnae seen ye for a while, but me an Ronny met while I was in art-school doon in London. Bin friends eever since. He's a private investigator an' he phoned me tae say we'd be meetin' on tha way, cause he's involved in a case where he was investigation...." Nick furrowed his brows. Exactly. Ronny had phoned him and told him he'd meet him at the medieval fair. But then he had gone to Anglesay with Ian, Madlen and the rest of them and told Ronny about it. Ronny was going to go there next to meet him..but...had they met? He was a bit confused. having a feeling as if he had a little black-out the day before.

He shrugged and didn't finish off his sentence. Tea in the library? They had been met by a servant of this house and directed towards the library. "A could do wi' some tea.." he said to Madlen casually following her cheerfully, his kilt bouncing off his knees as he followed his cousin. Just before they entered the Library, Ian came walking out from there. "hey... ye' oot o' tha Hoospital...grand!" But Ian merely told them to enter the library and have some tea then dashed off. Nick entered the library after Madlen. "Hi..." he announced himself shortly to the rest of the group and on approaching the table his eyes suddenly set on the blond haired sunnyboy in the arm-chair that was seated there comfortably, as if he was at home in this place.

"Ronny!! hoow tha' devil, did ye ken, I was he'?" he exclaimed in surprise open-mouthed. Ronny turned his head and stared at him. "haha! Nick!" he obviously was just as surprised. "the devil is good, it might well be the reason I'm here." He got up for a moment and shook Nick's hand an a true manly wrangle and clasp, slapping Nick's shoulder chummily. "Wha'?" Nick didn't get the meaning of Ronny's reply. But there was no time for more question and answers, cause Ian returned to the room telling odd things about a monitor. Ronny sat down again, while Nick stayed put where he was staring at Ian now. "a wha'?...monitor?" he had an odd vision of a TV set being tied up on Ian's head. Surely not!

Both Nick and Ronny pricked up their ears when Ian talked to the woman about Tolkien, about some fellows, Ronny had no idea about who there were, Nick just the more though. While Nick's cheeks went red with the fascination of what Ian was telling Aunt Penny, Ronny grinned broadly. He thought it was rather funny to meet a bunch of LOTR-fans, just after Nick had gotten him so deeply interested into the story himself. Saruman and Sauron, the bad fellows. He glanced at Nick when Ian left the room again. "Right, whats this then? a Fellowship Of The Ring-Con??" he chuckled, just making a lighthearted joke, but Nick looked at him with serious eyes. Nick though didn't understand himself, why he was so deeply touched by all this, in such a serious manner.

gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 24, 2005 03:52
Sarah was waiting for the young man to answer her question when a quite-a-bit older man appeared in the corridor.
"Andy, my lad! There you are," he said, strolling up the hallway until he was at Andy's side. "And you've a friend with you, I see. How do you do. I'm Professor O'Connor, Andy's mentor at Oxford. And you are.......?"

Before the young woman could answer, he glanced at Andy quickly and then turned back to the young woman, adding, "I've come to round up this boy and bring him back to the library for tea. Why don't you join us and you can tell me all about you and what you are doing here in Chatsworth. We are doing some research ourselves." Linking his arm in the young woman's arm, he led her along at his side, turning to look over his shoulder at Andy.

"Andy, come along. Ian is back from the hospital and more than likely eating all the tea. I'm very hungry and would like something to be left when we get there."

With a chuckle, since the man reminded Sarah of a music theory teacher she'd had once, the young woman fell in step with him.

"Sarah Collins," she answered, and glanced back at 'Andy' as the professor had named him. True, she was 'supposed' to be wandering the halls, but then figured that the Duchess' servants just might check the library for her anyway.

"I came here to speak to the Duchess, Sarah explained, and tugged on the strap to her lute case, "to see if she'll allow me to sing at the Event in a couple of days. - I'm a singer," she went on, neither 'bragging' nor 'modest'… it was what she did. "I'm lugging this," and she grinned at the Professor, "just in case she wants me to audition first." And then, "So… what kind of 'research' are you doing?" she inquired, and sending another look back at the young man with white-blond hair, wondered if that was what he was doing here, too…

Coming to a door, Sarah wasn't surprised when Professor O'Connor opened it, and bowed her inside first. "Thank you," she smiled, but halted inside until he and.. Andy had come in, too. There were a number of people in the Library, she thought, seeing two other women… one of them with hair redder than her own… and two men. Was one of them this 'Ian'? - Yet, "Well, well," she commented, "Quite a 'group' you've got!" and set her lute-case out of the way by one wall.

"Hello!" she then said, and walked toward them… her short years as a performer giving Sarah an 'ease' with speaking in generalities with groups. "I'm Sarah…"
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2005 12:19
Madlen glanced up as the door opened again, to reveal O'Connor, Andy, and another girl behind them. That was why he'd been so loate turning up. He'd been with some girl!
Jealousy instantly sparked up in Madlen's thoughts, but she quickly pushed them away. She had no right to be jealous of the girl, there was nothing going on between herself and Andy. She'd just have to keep her thoughts to herself. Standing up, she walked forward to the girl, who introduced herself as Sarah. "Hi!" she said pleasantly, her Welsh accent very apparent next to the American drawl of Sarah. "I'm Madlen." She shook her hand, but despite herself, held onto it a little tighter than was necessary. She didn't like anyone who threatned a relationship.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 25, 2005 02:46
"You are obviously not from Great Britain by your accent. May I ask your name and how you found your way to Chatsworth. Are you both sightseeing," he asked, looking curiously at the CSI lettering on her jacket and the dirt that had encrusted itself under her fingernails. "And would you introduce us to your friend as well, " he nodded to the man standing in the doorway.

“Robin Bruner, CSI,” she said with a smile, but didn’t have much of a chance to say anything else before the young man was gone to take a phone call…

He looked around at the rest of the people sitting there and smiled at them cheerfully. "Ronny Tucker, and...might I...know your names?" he said friendly, while making a gesture to Robin pointing on his lap if she needed a seat, with a twinkle in his eyes.

Robin smirked at Ronny’s invitation, instead raising an eyebrow at him and throwing a grin as she took a seat beside him instead. He reminded her of someone she’d met before- only, she couldn’t place her finger on who. He was handsome though…

The young man who had gone to take a call- Ian- returned, and the other woman- Penny- and Robin watched silently as Ian produced some papers from her pocket and started reading them. She listened to what he said, recalling that she had read a few of Tolkien’s works years before- when she was in college- but she didn’t really understand what Ian was talking about. She also thought about what he’d said about his ‘injury’.. she’d done some research into such things- of course, only for murder cases, which probably wouldn’t serve here- and whenever she caught Ronny’s eye she’d throw him a smile, deciding that her own research could wait… she could afford to enjoy a little time away from working, couldn’t she?

Soon Ian left again, then two more people came in- another woman and another man- Robin greeted them with a smile and her obvious southern twang. She did have a little to eat and had returned to her chair next to Ronny and was listening to all that was being said between those present when even more entered, one of them a lady heaving along an instrument case.

"Hello!" she then said, and walked toward them… her short years as a performer giving Sarah an 'ease' with speaking in generalities with groups. "I'm Sarah…"

“Hey Sarah, you can call me Robin,” the CSI said, getting to her feet once more to greet the newcomers (and especially happy to have found another American), “And y’all-“ she nodded at the two men, “It’s a pleasure! What a motley bunch of folks, huh?” She gestured around them, “I’m just here investigatin' a case- somethin' to do with a soldier. I thought I might find somethin' useful, some documents maybe...but I sure didn't expect to meet up with anybody in here! It was a surprise, and just in time for tea, too.“

[Edited on 26/11/2005 by dreamdancer]
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 25, 2005 09:31
Ian led Dr. Jenkins back to the library and when he entered, he was happy to see that O'Connor and Andy had returned....and with them, a young woman with a musical case propped on the floor next to her. He decided she must have come with them due to the fact that O'Connor had his hand tucked into her elbow and was chatting with her as though she was an old friend, yet Ian had never seen her before.

"Professor, Andy, you found your way back. And you've brought a friend. How lovely. I think it's time to introduce ourselves all about the room." He turned, looking over the group that had gathered and smiled at all of them. "As most of you know, my name is Ian Michaels. I'm a doctorate student at Oxford. This older gentlemen here is Professor Thomas O'Connor, a medieval specialist, also from Oxford. The lovely older woman over there in the chair is my Aunt Penny, a linguistic professor on leave from Oxford. And of course, next to the Professor is Andy Williams, my closest friend, also studying at Oxford for his doctorate, though he's from America originally. As you can see, we are a group of what the Americans call 'geeks', I believe."

He grinned at the the rest and continued. "Over there by the table, the young lady is a childhood friend, Madlyn, who has come only because she is devoted to us, and is without doubt bored to tears with our research. Next to her is her cousin, Nick McGregor, a gifted smithy with an interest in ancient weaponry, particularly swords."

"And here at my side is Dr. Jenkins...Fiona, I believe, am I right?" he smiled down at her. "She is the one who is going to hook me up with that small gadget in her hand but I wanted you, Aunt Penny, to see how it's done and ask the necessary questions."

"As for the rest of you, I would like you to introduce yourselves as I have met none of you before, though I'm delighted to have you joining us for tea. We could actually use the break to meet new people as we have been terribly intense in our research, which I'm sure the good doctor will tell you is probably part of the reason for my headaches."

At this point, O'Connor interrupted with his own introduction. "Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce Sarah Collins, a lovely young lady who's a musician from America." His arm wrapped around her shoulder as he brought her forward to his side, smiling smugly. Ian shook hands with the young woman, greeting her warmly, until he noticed from the corner of his eye Madlyn's expression, which was anything but friendly. He wondered what that was all about.

Then he waited for the young lady with the CSI lettering on her jacket, and the blond man next to her to introduce themselves as well. It seemed as though it was going to be a lively evening.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 26, 2005 04:40
(( teehee 'sneaking' one in before I head off for the day! ))

Standing up, she walked forward to the girl, who introduced herself as Sarah. "Hi!" she said pleasantly, her Welsh accent very apparent next to the American drawl of Sarah. "I'm Madlen." She shook her hand, but despite herself, held onto it a little tighter than was necessary.

Rather confused, Sarah blinked, and returned the pressure of Madlen's handshake. Somehow, though she coudn't figure out how, she'd apparently 'offended' this woman she'd never met before... and felt embarrassed she'd not seen her upon coming in the room. Curiously, Sarah sent a glance back at the young man - for she had noticed Madlen looking at him, first... before getting up.

"Nice to meet you, Madlen," she answered politely, and then the other red-haired woman spoke up.
“Hey Sarah, you can call me Robin,” the CSI said, getting to her feet once more to greet the newcomers (and especially happy to have found another American), “And y’all-“ she nodded at the two men, “It’s a pleasure! What a motley bunch of folks, huh?” She gestured around them, “I’m just here investigatin' a case- somethin' to do with a soldier. I thought I might find somethin' useful, some documents maybe...but I sure didn't expect to meet up with anybody in here! It was a surprise, and just in time for tea, too.“

With a grin, Sarah nodded back. "Don't tell me... you're from Georgia!" she exclaimed, and then her grin widened. Three Americans in this group? and shook her head to herself. Rather surprising in this land across the sea!

"It's my 'musical ear'," she then explained, as Professor O'Conner took her arm again, "kind of a... 'challenge' for me to 'place' where someone's accent says they're from. - I'm still learning all the ones here in the UK, though..." and broke off when a tall young man and (to her inner amusement), another redheaded woman came in to the library.
"Professor, Andy, you found your way back. And you've brought a friend. How lovely. I think it's time to introduce ourselves all about the room." He turned, looking over the group that had gathered and smiled at all of them. "As most of you know, my name is Ian Michaels. I'm a doctorate student at Oxford. This older gentlemen here is Professor Thomas O'Connor, a medieval specialist, also from Oxford. The lovely older woman over there in the chair is my Aunt Penny, a linguistic professor on leave from Oxford. And of course, next to the Professor is Andy Williams, my closest friend, also studying at Oxford for his doctorate, though he's from America originally. As you can see, we are a group of what the Americans call 'geeks', I believe."

Carefully, Sarah made note of all the introductions... it wouldn't 'do' to forget who was 'who'... and felt badly that it was the tall young man's health that apparently had garnered so much attention. One of them... Nick? seemed vaguely 'familiar'... but Sarah couldn't place where she might have seen him before. At a performance she'd done, perhaps?

Turning her attention back to the others... were they all doing medical research? she wondered, but with a doctor here... why would that be needed? Her interest piqued to learn more of what this was all about, Sarah opened her mouth to introduce herself again...
At this point, O'Connor interrupted with his own introduction. "Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce Sarah Collins, a lovely young lady who's a musician from America." His arm wrapped around her shoulder as he brought her forward to his side, smiling smugly.

Coloring slightly, Sarah murmured a greeting to Mr. Michaels, and shook his hand. The professor's arm around her certainly seemed... possessive? protective? - or... well, the young musician certainly was looking forward to the tea, and as she, too, waited for Robin and the young man to introduce themselves to the newcomers, decided that the hot drink and snacks were just what she needed right now...

[Edited on 26/11/2005 by gwendeth]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2005 07:17
Andy lounged against a bookcase as everyone met each other. He was surpirsed to see some of the others but shrugged it off easily.

He only wanted Ian to be alright.

Penny's head was spinning a little from all the new people and she was starting to tire out. She rummaged for a hankerchief and quietly blew her nose as she glanced at Ian, making sure he looked alright.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 28, 2005 06:08
With a grin, Sarah nodded back. "Don't tell me... you're from Georgia!" she exclaimed, and then her grin widened. Three Americans in this group? and shook her head to herself. Rather surprising in this land across the sea!

"That's right!" Robin said, grinning in return, "You pegged me! How'd you tell?"

"It's my 'musical ear'," she then explained, as Professor O'Conner took her arm again, "kind of a... 'challenge' for me to 'place' where someone's accent says they're from. - I'm still learning all the ones here in the UK, though..." and broke off when a tall young man and (to her inner amusement), another redheaded woman came in to the library.

After a few more people had introduced themselves, Robin did so again.
"I'm Robin Bruner, CSI, from Atlanta, and this-" she gestured at Ronny and nudged his elbow, hoping he wouldn't mind her introducing him, "Is Mr.Ronny Tucker. Pleased to meet all 'o y'all." She nodded at the others politely, "I'm not at liberty to say too much about my case- but I hardly think its a big secret, since reporters found it before I did. I'm investigating the remains found of what I'm pretty sure is an American WWII soldier on the estate- and I came to the library to see if I could dig up some documents to help me- but if I can be of any help with whatver yall are tryin' to figure out, I'd be glad to do it."

It wasn't difficult for her to greet everyone- she had to talk to people often in her profession.

[Edited on 29/11/2005 by dreamdancer]
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2005 09:04
Madlen stepped back from the girl to let the others introduce themselves, and went to Andy's side. The young man seemed to be paying quite a bit of attention to Sarah, something that sparked even more jealousy in her. Frowning, she looked at her friends and the new-comers. "Your new friend seems..." She trailed off rather pathetically, and decided to take a new route. "Where did you meet her?"

She tried hard not to let her envy show, but she doubted that she was doing very well. Madlen had never been very good at hiding feelings like envy or jealousy. Brushing a strand of perfect blonde hair from her eyes, she turned her head to Andy, and settled the blue pools of light that were her eyes on him.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2005 07:29
Quietly Fiona observed all the new people who had gathered in the library. She felt really small and out of place. She had a strange feeling though that she had a right to be here nonetheless.

After everyone had been introduced and they had had some tea, Fiona quietly went to Ian and said "Mr Michaels, we should hock up the monitor - the longer we wait the more time we lose." Ian nodded. "I need you to remove your shirt, so if you'd rather go into another room..." He only shook his head and pulled off his shirt.

Carefully Fiona fixed the monitor in position and lead the wires on the back towards the head. She could not fail to notice how well built Ian was. His body was.... perfect. Blushing and thankful no one could hear her thoughts she continued her work.

After what seemed ages to her, especially with everyone around watching she was done. Ian made a motion to put his shirt back on, but Fiona gestured that she still needed some time.

She switched the device on and checked several functions, then finally she announced "You can put your shirt back on now Mr Michaels - is anything disturbing you? You'll have to tell me now for you will have to sleep with that monitor for a few days, maybe weeks until we have some results..."
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 30, 2005 05:04
Fiona turned on the small device and Ian felt a twinge in his head. He heard her voice saying, "You can put your shirt back on now Mr Michaels - is anything disturbing you? You'll have to tell me now for you will have to sleep with that monitor for a few days, maybe weeks until we have some results..."

But it seemed to come from a long distance away. His hand lifted to his head, holding it, trying to brush away the buzzing sound that filled his mind. A sudden sharp pain flashed through his head and he lowered it to the table, laying it on his arm..........
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The pain passed quickly though, and he lifted his head, shaking it slightly to rid himself of the after affects, and looked sheepishly at his friends. "I know not what causes these annoying bursts of pain but they do seem to coming less often, do they not?" he asked hopefully.

Falmiel sat at his right side, having finished with her duties at the healing house, and was looking at him with concern in her sea green eyes. He looked to his left and saw that at long last, Gelmir had finally put on more suitable attire for their meeting in the Hall of Fire. Talindra sat just past Gelmir, her green velvet robes dusty from their work in the Library. On the other side of Falmiel sat Val and beyond him the elleth that had been introduced to him as Naruiel, who had come to Rivendell with her brother for the Council. Across the table sat Erkenwine, with his fellow ranger, the tall woman named Freond, and next to her was Curulindel and Ceindra.

The nine of them (note the magic number here..9..heh heh) had gathered to have a meal and discuss their findings from the day's work. Ciryacáno turned to look at Gelmir and Talindra.

"So...we have further evidence that Pallando has in all likeliness, gone to the dark side with the aid of one of the missing seeing stones. The question remains whether Alatar is still alive and perhaps being held prisoner of Pallando and his cohorts, or whether he is free and doing his best to aid the side of the free peoples of Middle Earth. Of course," and Cir lowered his head for a moment, raising it only to look into the eyes of each of his companions, "he may have been slain by now. We need to know. I have spoken to Elrond, and he will bless us with whatever supplies and aide we need to travel on a quest to determine his fate. We may not carry the same burden as the wee hobbit, but our mission would be as important in its own way. The shadows are creeping over all of Middle Earth and without the aide of all elves, men and other free folk, it will cover us all. Now the only question is....who will come with me?
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2005 11:33
Falmiel sat on Cir's right side, concern written in her face when she saw that he was obviously in pain again. She would have gladly taken it for him but since she couldn't she resolved to observe him closely and maybe she would find the reason at some point.

All the others she had just so recently met were there, too, waiting for Cir to speak.

"So...we have further evidence that Pallando has in all likeliness, gone to the dark side with the aid of one of the missing seeing stones. The question remains whether Alatar is still alive and perhaps being held prisoner of Pallando and his cohorts, or whether he is free and doing his best to aid the side of the free peoples of Middle Earth. Of course," and Cir lowered his head for a moment, raising it only to look into the eyes of each of his companions, "he may have been slain by now. We need to know. I have spoken to Elrond, and he will bless us with whatever supplies and aide we need to travel on a quest to determine his fate. We may not carry the same burden as the wee hobbit, but our mission would be as important in its own way. The shadows are creeping over all of Middle Earth and without the aide of all elves, men and other free folk, it will cover us all. Now the only question is....who will come with me?"

Falmiel only thought for a moment. She had not joined in the research, but she immediately comprehended how important this was. She had seen the Fellowship of the Ring being formed and depart, in fact, she had assisted Elrond to heal the hobbit who had volunteered to take the ring - and she knew that this was equally important. She also noted the parallels. They were nine, too. They, too would go on a quest the outcome of which was very important and uncertain. And yet, all this did not count for her. The only thing that mattered was that Cir would be going and so there was no question in her mind, that she would be going with him to the ends of the earth and back again if need be.

She looked deep into his eyes when she said in a firm voice, "I will come with you."
gwendeth
Send Message
on: December 01, 2005 12:06
Having found her way from the Smithy to the Hall of Fire, Naruiel had enjoyed meeting new people, and listening with interest to the 'research' some of this group of nine had been doing in the Great Library.

Strangely, one ellon... Ciryacáno, by name seemed to be having intermittent head-pains. Naruiel, however, was no healer... but one elleth was, and (to her inner smiling) Falmiel and Cir appeared to have some attraction for each other. Two rangers, the Smith, and several other ellyn and ellith were there also... one elf in particular who'd 'caught' Naru's attention.

Yet, when Ciryacáno spoke again...
"So...we have further evidence that Pallando has in all likeliness, gone to the dark side with the aid of one of the missing seeing stones. The question remains whether Alatar is still alive and perhaps being held prisoner of Pallando and his cohorts, or whether he is free and doing his best to aid the side of the free peoples of Middle Earth. Of course," and Cir lowered his head for a moment, raising it only to look into the eyes of each of his companions, "he may have been slain by now. We need to know. I have spoken to Elrond, and he will bless us with whatever supplies and aide we need to travel on a quest to determine his fate. We may not carry the same burden as the wee hobbit, but our mission would be as important in its own way. The shadows are creeping over all of Middle Earth and without the aide of all elves, men and other free folk, it will cover us all. Now the only question is....who will come with me?"

Almost immediately, Falmiel spoke her intentions... and hiding a grin behind a sip from her tea, Naruiel considered for herself. No... she'd not been a part of the research... and she was new to Imladris itself. Not only that, she thought drily, but her brother would be most against her going - if she did. - And, for that alone, she was willing to undertake such a Quest with these strangers... just to irk her older sibling that he had not been 'invited' as well.

Yet, Naru was a decent fighter, and with a repaired sword... and most certainly, she could offer a song or two in the evening camps. Not to mention, she thought, the chance to see even more of Middle Earth. And, too, there was the ellon... and glancing at Valandil from the corner of her eye, she made up her mind.

"I will go," she spoke up in her soft voice. "I may not be the best fighter amongst you all... but such skill as I have, I offer..."
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2005 12:30
Ronny smiled at Robin and just nodded to her when more unknown people entered the library and she introduced him to them. Obviously nobody was interested in him being here nor his casual jokes. He shrugged not too bothered about it and just listened in. Though it was much more difficult for Ronny to just listen without talking than for Nick, who was an observer by nature. The library definitely was about to burst with people, one more would blast the space he thought. And what were they all doing here? Even Nick wasn't too sure. He remembered going into that cave and but not the details of how he came to Chatsworth. The woman walking into the room and introducing herself as 'Sarah' seemed somewhat familiar, though Nick was sure he had never seen her before.

When Ian returned with papers in his hand which he went to read, Nick's attention was fixed on him, while Ronny, who had no clue about what was going on here at this 'party' started looking around at the females in the room. Finally the round his eyes made met Robin's again. She seemed to be lively and self-confident. A trait he was rather keen on. Ian spoke of some gadget he would be attached to, and Nick wondered if it was something like a pacemaker for brains, while Ronny thought the gadget would be some surveillance type of thing. he had no clue, after all what all this was about. Ian also introduce the woman that had entered again, a musician. Ronny nodded approvingly.

Then a female Doctor started to talk about monitors and made Ian take his shirt off. Ronny raised his brows, leaning back in the arm-chair he was sitting in so leisurely as if he was at home. Nick's expression was much more serious and expectant. He gathered it had something to do with Ian's dizziness, or whatever it was that was happening in his brain. Both of them stared intensly at Ian and Fiona now.

Erkenwine stood in front of a row of books of a large book shelf in the library. He blinked looking around. Hadn't he just sat himself down some where or had he just been dreaming? There was no arm-chairs to sit down in here. As he looked around he saw that all the people were still in the library of...Lord Elrond? Oh, yes...he brushed his blond bang of hair ouf of his eyes and over his head. Sure, there she was, the female Ranger. He hadn't met a female Ranger for ages, absolutely ages. He smiled at her, but in his thoughts he wondered if he had just had a minute black out or something, because something was odd. And where...did Curulindel come from looking like..that!!

Indeed Curulindel was bare-chested, sweaty from the heat of the fire in the smithy and covered with soot all over his chest. He seemed to look a little startled as well, remembering to have walked out of the smithy to get something, but now that he found himself in the library he couldn't remember what. Maybe he should go back to the smithy, he didn't want Thad to do something silly out of unawareness of his youth. He was about to turn when Ciryácano mentioned Pallando and the dark side. He stopped to listen for more. And then Cir asked who would follow him on this quest to find Alatar, if he was still alive. "Cunen linnatha go vagol lín.." he only said wiping his hands on a leather apron he must have wrapped round his waist. Erkenwine bowed to Cir. "And so will my sword, if you need or want my help."

dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 04, 2005 03:11
Robin watched the doctor work with Ian and her device with interest. She didn't ask any questions, but wondered how the gadget worked...

Fiona turned on the small device and Ian felt a twinge in his head. He heard her voice saying, "You can put your shirt back on now Mr Michaels - is anything disturbing you? You'll have to tell me now for you will have to sleep with that monitor for a few days, maybe weeks until we have some results..."

But it seemed to come from a long distance away. His hand lifted to his head, holding it, trying to brush away the buzzing sound that filled his mind. A sudden sharp pain flashed through his head and he lowered it to the table, laying it on his arm..........

Robin frowned and glanced at Fiona, wondering if Ian had been expected to react as if in pain... shrugging to herself, she returned to her seat, deciding that the doctor knew what she was doing... and also deciding that if she saw help was needed, she'd give it...

-----

Freond listened silently with her smile gone, musing over Cir's words as the two elleths offered their help. For herself, of course she intended on going-- the thought of staying behind had never crossed her mind. Yes, she was weary from traveling hard already- but she was used to being tired, and if they needed to set out again soon, she'd be right along with them.
"I'm coming also," she said with a nod, and a steady look around the table at all those seated there. Her voice was firm, but hinted at her weariness, "And I'll do all that I can to help-- darkness is indeed growing over Middle-Earth, and I will go into whatever peril you name to see that it is stopped. Evil must not be allowed to thrive, if there is anything we can do against it."
<< First7891011Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email