Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
SadisticYoda
Danger to Mankind
Send Message
Post Anime
on: November 10, 2002 07:22
Who likes it? I love Anime, many animes and now that there becoming more popular in the US and Europe I'd expect more people too. My favoites are Any Gundam (Expecially G and Wing) DBZ (Unedited only, the editied versions make no sense)
Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun.
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Anime
on: November 10, 2002 07:27
I love anime! I always have and always will. glad theres a topic about it to!
I like:
-slayers
-sailor moon (first season)
-DragonBall
-Trigun
-ninja scroll
-digi charat
-chobits
-cowboy bebop
-magic users club
-dragonballZ
-dragonballGT
-magic knight rayearth
-slayers:dragon slave
-my neighbor toturo
-princess mononoke
-RG Veda
-dirty pair
-Lupin
-Escaflowne
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-evangelion: death and rebirth

and i'm sure I missed some, but thats basically it.

^^ moreall the ones I forgot about until now)

-Vampire Hunter D
-darkstalker
-X
-Fushugi Yuugi(sp?)
-nadesco
-Hello kitty
-keropi
-transformers (japanese version)
-angel sanctuary
-tokyo myu myu
-cardcapture sakura

[Edited on 14/11/2002 by PervyOrcFancier]
SadisticYoda
Danger to Mankind
Send Message
on: November 10, 2002 07:46
You might as well say "If its on a DVD I like it!"
whittyb
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2002 09:57
I know im one that looks like they dont like anime but im obbsesed with it!

-DB, DBZ and DBGT
-Zoids
-Neon Genesis Evangelion (I love that show so much!)
-Final Fanatasy
-Sailor moon (is ok LOL)

Well I just really like them
dany174
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2002 12:23
I saw Noir on a Anime con last year and i loved it sooooooo mutch. But i cant find a DVD version for Europe:cry:
whittyb
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2002 07:12
Oh yeah I love Bey Blades to! LOL
Lozza
Elven Huntress
Send Message
on: November 11, 2002 09:37
I love Anime movies, though sometimes the subtitles are really bad translations.

Anyone seen Akira, The castle of Count Caligastro (unsure of spelling) or the Ninja Scroll...

The Ninja Scroll was R rated (for non Australians that 18+ no exceptions.) It was a little strange to have adult content in a cartoon...

[Edited on 12/11/2002 by Lozza]
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2002 06:09
The castle of Count Caligastro (unsure of spelling) or the Ninja Scroll...

^^ I loved The Castle of count Caligastro(or whoever thats spelt.. I dont remember) and Ninja scroll! (remember, even if it is animated, it can still have tons of violence and sex))
Tilmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2002 04:24
Tonari no Totoro
Sailor moon
Chobits
Serial Experiments Lain
Princess Mononoke
Ayashi no Ceres
Vampire hunter D (II, not the first one though)
Nausicaä of the valley of the winds
Pokémon
Record of Lodoss war
Ah my Goddess
Angel Sanctuary
Angelic Layer
Escaflowne
Vampire Miyu
X
Spirited Away
Nadesico

Andtalathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2002 11:09
I love the anime style of drawing Been practising, and getting a little better at drawing anime style. I think they're so cute, I love their big eyes :love:
dark_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2002 03:00
I like:

Beyblade
Zoids (But not if I'm at school)
Pokémon(Ditto above)

(P.S I don't get much time to see Anime,Due to being here)

[Edited on 15/11/2002 by dark_elf]
Calledor
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2002 11:27
Berserk (Dark, violent, good plot. Macbeth like plot so yeah... people die a lot, but still a favorite of mine).
GTO: Great Teacher Onizaku (Both my parents are teachers so I find this one just great anyway, though my parents have never gone to a students house and knocked down a wall with a sledgehammer.)
Cowboy Bebop
Witch Hunter Robin (I love this animation style so cool)
Gatekeepers (Hillarious)
Dual (Hillarious)
Now and Then Here and There (Really well done, but sad and tragic)
Record of Lodoss War (If you like LOTR you'll like this.)
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (Actually not a true anime in the sense of the word because was done in the U.S. and first voiced in English. However not many people know that once a Japanese dubbed version came out fansubbers subbed it back to english.... Hmmm... I wonder how that translation looked!)
Princess Mononoke
Slayers
Gundam X (was never officially brought to the U.S. because it wasn't popular enough but I like it. Not your typical Gundam. In other words a kid doesn't fall into the suit somewhere in the first three eps and turns into an ultimate fighting machine.)

As a guy I would normally never ever recommend any sort of shojo, but Pita Ten is one of the weirdest things I have ever seen animated in a super cute way. Just watch it, you'll laugh.

Anyway, I'm in an Anime club at my college so if I find out anymore that lots of people like I'll post them here if I don't see them all ready. Ja ne ^_^.

Anyia_Amandil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2002 09:44
::ears perk at word anime::
Konban-wan! I am an Amine nut!! hehe, I like DVDs and fansubs! I also cosplay, when I can afford it! I haven't multitudes of series, but the ones I've seen I've generally liked.
~Witch_Queen_of_Angmar~
Queen of the Dark Nine
Send Message
on: December 12, 2002 03:16
I don't think I've watched any kinda anime except Pokemon... But I love anime style of drawing!!! Can't do it myself, but I realy like what many others have done!
You guys know of any good sites with anime drawings, btw??
SadisticYoda
Danger to Mankind
Send Message
on: December 13, 2002 04:21
Just saw Ninja Scroll! I gotta say, Its some intense stuff, alot of nudity and alot of violence. Parts of it dont seem to make much sense either, but it had great animation, and had some cool battles. I expecally like the battle with the blind swordsman.
zeta
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2002 06:23
if it werent for anime i wouldnt be here (got linked to this place a while back on animex) im a nut case who loves macross (NOT ROBOTECH :angry: ) and gundam (rain mikamura is MINE!!!)

I EVEN BUILD THE MODELS
Tookishbliss
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2003 10:09
Oh gosh, let me think a sec...

Slayers
Slayers NEXT
Slayers TRY
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Ranma 1/2
Dragon Half(sad, there was only 2 episodes of this, it was a good show too!)
All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku
Akira
Vampire Hunter D
Princess Mononoke

Currently I'm VERY into .hack//SIGN and I highly recommend getting it, I heard it'll be out on DVD in America in March, and I don't know if this is right, but Cartoon Network will have it by February 1st. I also want to check that Lupin III series that just started showing on CN last night, heard it was a good series, very VERY riskay, but good nonetheless. I can't really think of anything else right now, I'll post later, lol.

Also...I absolutely detest DBZ, no offense to you DBZ lovers, I just don't like it, too much grunting and groaning and sounding like they're constipated horribly. I used to like it for awhile, but the Freiza saga killed it for me for awhile, agh horrible. I used to be fan of Pokemon too, but ever since the Orange League series started and they got rid of Takeshi(brock) I hated it =P I loved Takeshi!!! lol...

[Edited on 15/1/2003 by Tookishbliss]
Orenda
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2003 11:28
I LOVE anime, well, I like manga better, but I perfer reading then watching so... Inu-Yasha is my all time favourite anime/manga. Does anyone knoe what 'yasha' means, by any chance? I know 'inu' means 'dog', but I can't figure out the other part of his name.
Deedlit
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2003 08:44
I love manga/anime art (preferably manga), I wish I could afford to get the dvd's of some of the good series! I saw the Akira movie on sci fi recently, it was brilliant. I also loved watching Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I'd love to see the eps and movies of the following series, because I love the art so much!

Escaflowne
Angel Sanctuary (the art is beautiful)
Record Of Lodoss war (gotta love the artwork of elves in that *smile*) I'm thinking about making some avatars from my image collection of manga elves to upload for use on here.
Nevmetwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2003 08:00
I kinda like anime too. Pokemon is cool hehe, my bro & i watch it alot. Beyblade (i love Kai) & Cardcaptors also. And oh DragonballZ
Orca
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2003 11:45
Aargh! I LOVE anime!! I like a load of them, but my favourite's probably Gravitation. I also like Yu-Gi-Oh, but not the dub. I hate most dubs. ><;; My friend recently got Yami No Matsuei, which I'm gonna watch at the weekend. XD I also like Slayers (especially NEXT), Ah! My Goddess, and lots of random ones. I like Card Captor Sakura (NOT the dub *shudders), because I love the CLAMP style. ^^ I like Pokémon when it's not being boring and repetitive. XD
Enchilion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2003 05:25
The entire DragonBall series' (DB, DBZ, and DBGT) are my absolute favorite. I like others, but those are the ones that I perfer over most everything. I am a trivia master with that Lore. Even bigger with SW.
sakurazukamori
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 12:24
Hi everybody!! ... I'm new here ... lol ... really surprising this thread in a LotR site ... i never expected it ...

I'm a really really big anime fan ... and I'm currently obsessed over Yami no Matsuei and X/Tokyo Babylon ... The major four are so cute (esp. Subaru-kun and Sei-chan lol ^^'') ... Hisoka is so hot too :drool:

I like Gundam Wing too ... Duo Maxwell is soooooo cool! ... Heero too ... I'm not a big Wu Fei fan though >.< ... My favourite Gundam is the Wing Zero

Other animes that I'm fond of are Flame of Recca, Digimon (for some unknown reason, I really like Yamato/Matt), Princess Mononoke (Is that how to spell it), Spirited Away, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu-Gi-Oh (I'm fond of Kaiba, Yugi, Bakura and Malik ^__^'') and Evangelion (Rei and Kawaru are so cool)

If anyone wants to talk about anime or LotR, feel free to msg me? ^;^
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2003 09:58
Ilove anime,It's practicly my life besides LoTR! I can't name all I like but here are a few.
Sailor Moon
G Gundam(my current fav)
basicly anything I can get my hans on! Speaking of G Gundam,does anyone want to start an RP on it with me? Just PM if interested!
motoxer9264
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2003 06:14
I love both watching and drawing anime. My favorites are:

the Gundam series...G Gundam is probably my favorite (I've got this thing for Kyoji :love: )
Detective Conan
Escaflowne
Flame of Recca
The Case Files of Kindaichi
Akira (even though I was freaked out after watching it at night)
Inuyasha
Bubblegum Crisis
Fushugi Yugi
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Evangelion

[Edited on 17/5/2003 by motoxer9264]
Tookishbliss
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2003 10:39
mmmm...Xellos, the big reason I loved Slayers NEXT, I have a hard time deciding which one of the three Slayers series I loved the most, I actually need to finish watching TRY.

OH, Fushigi Yugii, forgot to mention that one too, thanks.

I recently started watching a few episodes of .hack//DUSK too, much more carefree than //SIGN, I think I might like it better. I still love Bear and Sora from //SIGN though ^^

and as always....SUBS RULE! DUBS ARE ICKY! hehe...
Orca
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2003 10:51
mmmm...Xellos, the big reason I loved Slayers NEXT, I have a hard time deciding which one of the three Slayers series I loved the most, I actually need to finish watching TRY.

I love NEXT! I haven't seen TRY yet, my friend's going to lend it to me though. ^^

Damn straight! *lol*
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2003 06:30

Indeed!!
I remmeber watching slayers for the first time.. though, for me, I watched Slayers the motion picture! and the character that drew me in was Naga.. (LOL)

I love slayers!

How is a frying pan just like Xellos? -their both sizzling HOT!-
Tookishbliss
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2003 06:43
and WHY are they both hot...THAT'S a secret ^^ lol
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2003 10:05

Gotta love subs! In fact I watch most of my anime on an international channel just to avoid dub,but then again I can't avoid them all!
Tookishbliss
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2003 09:49
whoever they got to do the dubbing for .hack//SIGN did a great job translating! I mean, they did great...I've seen subbed versions of the episode.

More people need to watch .hack//SIGN, on Cartoon Network on Saturdays, 2pm central time ^^ wahaha
landscribe
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2003 04:38
Gesh, I can't believe no one's mentioned "Ghost in the Shell" ... only THE best anime ever ever.
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2003 05:28
Gesh, I can't believe no one's mentioned "Ghost in the Shell" ... only THE best anime ever ever.

The movie itself is pretty good, and the animation was very beautiful..
Yet I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

^^;; anyone seen SoulTaker?
elvenmaid
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2003 02:12
i love anime!!! ^-^ my faves are:
rurouni kenshin
yu yu hakusho
.hack//sign
.hack//liminality
cowboy bebop
inuyasha
cardcaptors sakura
yu-gi-oh
chobits
love hina
Valandil_Calafalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2003 03:49
I'm suprised that no one has mentioned the Guyver series. Sure there were only 12 episodes, each roughly 25-30 minutes long, but that was one of the best anime shows I ever watched. Blood, romance, bio-armor, and Guyver 3. Sure Sho was good as Guyver 1, but Agito was bloody excellent as guyver 3. I really want this to be released on DVD as well as Fist of the North Star. I currently have Akira (lovely box), Ninja Scroll, Macross set, X, Lengend of the Overfiend 1-3, Street Fighter Alpha and Blood:The last Vampire. My favourite manga comic has to be Lone Wolf and Cub. Only read the first 10 books but it's excellent. Also read all Akira books but only own first 3 (need to buy the rest).
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email