12345Last >>
Author Topic:
landscribe
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Anime
on: May 13, 2003 12:25
I really liked Ninja Scroll.

Check out the nine Animatrix films - they are all beautifull too (the "Aeon Flux" ones a little less so )
Alaghelediel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2003 02:48
I've seen...a lot of anime. ^^; Though I'll just mention my favorites:

(and this includes manga)

Cowboy Bebop
Furi Kuri
(a.k.a. FLCL / Fooly Cooly)
Rurouni Kenshin (not yet completed, though)
Magic Knight Rayearth (manga)
Fushigi Yuugi (manga - not yet completed)
My Neighbor Totoro
D·N·Angel
(manga and anime - not yet completed)
Chobits (not yet completed)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Outlaw Star
Ranma 1/2
(both anime and manga - not yet completed [loooong series!])
Slayers PREMIUM
Excel Saga!!!
Noir
Aa! Megami-sama
(a.k.a. Oh My Goddess!)(manga and movie)
PitaTen
Rizelmine
Di Gi Charat
Grave of the Fireflies

And I love Trigun, though I haven't seen enough of that to count. ._.

And I have to give the cookie to Sailor Moon for getting me into anime. I've seen all five series, and 2 of the 3 movies. x.X Yep, I was a die-hard Sailor Moon fan back in the day ("moonie" LOL). Though, I was unfortunate enough to have to see most of it in the awfully dubbed version (saw the 5th series "Stars" [the best series] and the movies subbed), but perhaps at the time I would have been turned off by the subtitles and would never have gotten into anime. Oh dear.

I'll add others if they come to mind.

And subs all the way! Down with bad dubbing! XD (except for Cowboy Bebop...it's the only [really] good dub I've come across, and oddly enough, I think it's even with the original voices, quality-wise, if not better! o.O

[Edited on 17/5/2003 by Alaghelediel]
Yuna
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2003 10:08
OMG! i can't believe i didnt notice this post, i love japanese anime,and all fantasy things
cardcaptors
cowboy beebop
outlaw star
oh my goodess
yu yu hakusho
etc.
they rule no end!:love:

has anyone seen samurai x?,( i think the first episodes called trust, its supposedly before the main story.)
omg, kenchin is so sweet, that has to have been one of the sadest things i've ever seen.:cry:
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2003 09:35
Is Samuria X the same thing as Rurouni Kenshin? I love Rurouni Kenshin! I'm really new to the Anime stuff, but I love the art style. Does anybody know any good websites about Anime/Manga? I'm almost 14 years old, but my parents still freak about what I'm watching. I think they're uncomfortable with the Manga-type art, and I'm really having problems. Any help from anyone on how to convince, strict and narrowminded parents would be great. Thx!
Keterai
Palantír/Collectibles Mod, & Ninja Extraordinaire
Send Message
on: June 19, 2003 09:56
My favorite ones are:
-Card Captor Sakura
-Cowboy Bebop
-Magic Users Club

and of course the only proper way to watch it is in japanese with english subtitles.

It's so much better then the dubbed translated versions because they're so boring and messed up.
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2003 01:38
omg i cant belive i just found this thread!!! this is so awsome!!!!!!!. i have been in love :love: w/ anime and i love to draw manga, a form of anime. i watch the japanise shows like dragonball z- which 1st truely got me into anime- and i have seen some gt, and read about some of the episodes in a dbz magazine, but i think gt is messed ^ b/c it wznt produced by the same person who did the original dbz and they totally messed ^ my favorite character:cry:!!! anyways, i also like g gundam and gundam wing- g gundam preferably. i wz really mad wen my station stop showing yu yu hakusho :angry: 4 some stupid cyborg 009... naturally my cousin (ahem i believe she has posted in here) was not very supportive, but i am gettin off the subject. as you can c from the avitar i copied from someone, i also like rurouni kenshin - any1 one know any good sites i would greatly appreciate it- but i hate the way he talks. wow this is pretty long so ill stop wasting yalls time.
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2003 01:43
oh and i 4got 2 add this- where do u all find the shows:dizzy:- the only channel i know of that has them is cartoon netwrk and those are like wierd so.....
Kyoko
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2003 05:00
I love animes! I'll watch almost any but my favorites are:

InuYasha
Ruroni Kenshin
Dragon Ball/Z
Cyborg 009
Yu-Yu-Hakusho
Yu-Gi-Oh
Trigun
G Gundam
.Hack/Sign
Blue Gender
X (tv)
Cowboy Bebop
Fooly Cooly (kinda, though it is weird and confusing)
Lupin the third
Hellsing
Kikaider
Samurai Deeper Kyo
The Twelve Kingdoms

I also like a few of the movies like X, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Yu Yu Hakusho: Poltergeist Report, Twilight of the Dark Master, Samurai X (all of them).

[Edited on 30/12/2003 by Kyoko]
AzniNtEgRaElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2003 08:19
heh.... most of the anime i watch r subbed... real nice.

fav animes:

Cowboy Bebop
Rurouni Kenshin
Trigun
Gundam Seed
Naruto
Hunter X Hunter
Ninja Scroll
Akira
DB-Gt
.Hack/Sign
Gundam Wing
Initial D
Initial D- Stage 2
Hellsing
Ghost in a Shell
Macross Dvd
Scryed
Garasaki
Escaflowne
Neon Genesis Evagalion
Noir

wonder if peeps ever heard of those.... rk is the best!!!!

[Edited on 3/7/2003 by AzniNtEgRaElf]
Tricksy-hobbitses
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2003 09:13
I:heart: Anime. My favorite titles are:

Rurouni Kenshin
All the Slayers series
Outlaw Star
One Piece
Cowboy Bebop
Tenchi Muyo! (OAV only, the T.V shows sucked)
Spirited Away

As for sub vs. dub, it really depends on the show. Most dubs I've seen are pretty good (RK, CB, OS, TM!)
Others are just... Blehh! (Dragonball, Sailor Moon)
QuietWolf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2003 06:31
*waves her hand* "Anime fan right over here!"

Anything that has style I like, but here is what I am mostly into so far:

Dragon Ball /Z /GT
Rurouni Kenshin ( Samurai X ) and all the movies it has so far
Yu Yu Hakusho
Inu-yasha
Yu-Gi-Oh
Trigun
X
G Gundam
Princess Minonoke
Spirited Away
.Hack/Sign
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2003 07:52
ahhh!!!! kenshin got taken off cartoon network :cry::cry: ohhhh darn :angry: the stupid ppl who took it off!!!!!:evil::evil:
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2003 05:17
HEY Y'ALL!!

Okay.. here I go, I love:

-Dragonball
-Dragonball Z
-Dragonball GT
-Gundam Wing
-G Gundam
-Sailor Moon
-Thundercats (anyone remember that one...)
-Yu-Yu Hakashu
-Cardcaptor
-Outlaw Star
-Rorouin Kenshin
-Trigun
-Inu Yasha
-Animatrix (does that count??)
-Yu Gi Oh
-Cowboy Bebop
-One Piece
-Naruto
-Sandland
-Shaman King

I think that's it for now... I can't really remember them all... oh well...
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 02:18

-Thundercats (anyone remember that one...)

i do... i kinda found that scary... also check out bayblade on abc family at 7:30 am pacific (i think- cant remember my own time zone- how scary)... bayblade is cool!!!
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2003 05:44
Yeah... I've seen that as well. Of course.. Pokemon as well.
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: July 16, 2003 06:57
is thundercats anime? i used to love that. am a bit old for cartoons now though
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2003 12:16
>>check out beyblades on abc family<<

Oh I love that show! Second only to Rurouni Kenshin. Kai is so cool! All my brothers and my sister has their own blade, and we battle alot it's great. Actually I'm using my brothers extra one until I can find one to buy. But I luv Beyblades!!!!!!
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2003 03:22
Everyone actually considers Thundercats anime because of the people who did it were Japanese and because of the style and their eyes. So yeah its actually considered anime.
Hey MIrkwoodJedi, could you tell me a bit about Beyblades? You know.. the storyline and everything?
smeagol_the_hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2003 03:45
I love anime

escaflone
Vampire Hunter D
Ghost in the Shell
Ninja Scroll
Ramna 1/2
the Bubblegum Crisis
Cowboy bebop
Trigun

no offense to anyone here but I also detest the DBZ series, along with bad anime like Hamtaro, Pokemon, Digimon, and Yu-Gi-Oh.
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2003 12:39
always nice to find a fellow blader mj!!!!!!! i have two blades- a "defensive" and "offensive" kei so rocks!!!!!!! i like ray as a close second. i have 2 blades and i am gettin another bc i just got money from helping 2 a yard sale. go me!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! how can you detest dbz smeagol. (1... 2... 3... 4... 5... ) well everyone is entitled to their own oppinion. i would like to say that dbz was the first real anime i got into and if it werent 4 dbz i wouldnt be here. but would i be missed... anyways, hamtaro and digimon are little offish:dizzy:.
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 03:12
<>

(Sorry for the late reply, I couldn't get on for a while)

Anyway, Beyblade is about a group of kids (called the Blade Breakers) who battle with these little spinning tops called Beyblades. Inside each beyblade is a bit beast character, a creature which is kinda holographic, but still real and it fights once it's summoned out of its blade.
Anyway, there are alot of tournaments in whivh the Blade Breakers fight agaisnt alot of other teams. Pm me w/ anymore questions

PS hey, sayen if I messed anything up feel free to correct/add
Aradhel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 05:41
Hey ya'll! This thread is really cool!

O.K here's my story. My little brother used to watch Dragon Ball Z and I would walke by and be like "ohmygosh that is so stupid!" But I finally sat down and watched it with him- and now I'm hooked! My brother and boyfriend think its weird that I'm into it just cuz I'm a girl. I don't know- its interesting! It's kinda like LotR in the fact that it kinda has some depth to it. Like history and all that stuff. Sorry if I sound stupid! And sorry if I'm wrong I only just started watching and don't know everything.
One person wrote before saying that they didn't like cuz of all the groaning and stuff and sounding like they were constipiated. I kinda agree. It's kinda annoying and amusing at the same time. I always crack up when they do it!

I like your name SayenElfJedi!
Cloud
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2003 12:14
Any of you heard of Blue Seed? It's great...funny...guns ancient monsters called oragami...and a cute girl...hehe...Momiji...please don't judge me...she's like Fujiko...only................younger..............
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2003 02:29
thank you, but i would like my name better if i spelled Sayien right. aurgh it drives me ^ a wall. anyways, do any beyblades fans want to put their two cents in about v force??
Enchilion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2003 02:53
Well, if you want to be technical its spelt: Saiyan or driectly from Japan: Saiya-jin or Saijin. But yeah..its all good...
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2003 03:26
yeah i c wat you mean. and i have somewat gotten over it. lol anyways, cloud, wats blue seed??
SadisticYoda
Danger to Mankind
Send Message
on: August 14, 2003 05:11
I don't know- its interesting! It's kinda like LotR in the fact that it kinda has some depth to it. Like history and all that stuff.

Comparing a poorly done anime like DragonBall to LotR is plain foolish. DB is notorious for always having a terrible story and characters. But, nobody can deny that the fights are cool. But DB is a very sad case. It began as a Manga written by Akira Toriyama who is very popular in Japan, and imo, one of the best manga artists out there, and is also responsible for the Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest mangas. But it was turned into a series, and a bad one too. Then Z was created, and also turned into a series, which was very like the orginal, it was awful, but the fights were cool. Then Toriyama wanted to end the series at Z, but the producers of the show refused, becuase it was popular, and making alot of money. So they fired Toriyama, and went on and made Dragonball GT, possibly one of the worst animes ever made. (Which is also coming to the US this fall) If things could get any worse, the american versons have really really bad dubbing, and on televison, they are so editied, that its not even worth watching them (They had to remove and dissect entire episodes to make the series sutiable for the US.) So, if you must watch DB, buy the dvds at least.

BTW: I just found out today that Rourni Kenshin is being played on Cartoon Network in the daytime. I'm a big fan of the series, but I saw the japanese version, not the edited american one. Can anyone tell me how editied and cut up it is? I really hope they didden't destroy it..
AzniNtEgRaElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2003 06:25
hahaha.... the subbed versions of Rurouni Kenshin are the best. Oro?
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2003 04:24
ah the cartoon network version is ok, but i think the japanise version is definatly diff. i agree with you on dbgt sadistic yoda. it is seriously messed up. i mean, i read a couple previews on the episodes and i was disgusted

[Edited on 07/11/2003 by SayenElfJedi]
Cloud
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2003 05:16
Anyone like Blue Seed? It's great...and so is .hack//sign...I've got the game .hack//infection...comes with a DVD tht explains alot...the other two games think have a DVD movie too...I also like that show Fooly Cooly....
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2003 12:43
i only saw a couple episodes of .hack//sign, but from wat i could see it was pretty cool. ive heard .hack//infection is pretty good to. only i dont have a ps2
lizziekin44
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2003 09:10
yeah anime!! i love fooly cooly, cloud. (flcl right?) they started playing it on the cartoon network.
anyway here's a bunch of animes that are supercool (imho):
cowboy bebop (of course, my little brother and i got hooked into the whole anime thing with this)
serial experiments lain(beautifully executed)
lupin the third (this show just cracks me up, i even have some manga from it)
boogiepop phantom
neon geneosis evangelion
excel saga(poor, poor menchi)
perfect blue
akira
hellsing(i love sir integra)
ping pong club (hmmm still not sure how i feel about this one)
ghost in the shell
the animatrix
trigun

SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2003 06:43
oh, i just thought of this... has anyone heard of the comic sereis Love Hina?? Very, ahh, interesting...
lizziekin44
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2003 08:28
i've heard of it, we have an episode on our computer, i just haven't gotten around to watching it yet. i also have an episode of chobits on my computer, and i still haven't watched that either(shakes head). man i'm behind.....:dizzy:
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2003 01:21
where did u download something like that... or did u downlaod it.... :dizzy: i want one!!!
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email