Chobits
Boogie pop phantom

Any others??
numberfour
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Anime
on: October 17, 2003 08:13
I used to be in major love with anime. It's style of animation was new and fresh to me. I loved seeing how different it was from all the rest. The first anime that I had fallen in love with was Dragon Ball Z. Now that I look back on it, it's probably the worst of the ones I watched. I then fell in love with Sailor Moon (and stayed in love). It's just so cute! I love the stories, they are so real! (Besides the fact that they are super heroes). The characters are really real in those stories. I love the mangas, especially. Gundam Wing is by most my favorite anime ever. I fell in love with the very first show. It seemed so different, calm. I really loved that show, and I wish I had cable!
Dream~Giver
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 19, 2003 02:52
Card Captor Sakura is so cute!
I also like Angelic Layer. I don't know if I posted that already...
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2003 12:04
Cool... I haven't heard that one before...

Angelic Layer
Cardcaptor
Ruroin Kenshin
Dragonball Z (my own)
Hellsing
FLCL
Excel saga
Serial experiments lain
Chobits
Boogie Pop Phantom

Cool... any others??
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2003 12:45
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is going WAY back (early 80's!) but 2 series I could never miss an ep of were Ulysses 31 and Star Blazers (Comet Empire being my fav of the SB series). Anyone old enough to remember those 2?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no, but were they good???

Well, I thought they were awesome. Ulysses 31 was a French/Japanese collaberation that placed The Odyssey story into the 31st century. Even had a character with pointed ears (albeit blue-skinned) named Numinor!

What I liked about both series is that they were true "serials" that revolved around a central story or plotline throughout their whole run.
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2003 08:52
Does anybody know where I can find a gundam series on tv? I know Cartoon Network had, but I can't find it now. I really wanted to get into it, but I can't find it anywhere. I have read a couple of the comic books though.

Also, does anyone know anything about the Rurouni Kenshin comics coming out?
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2003 03:14
No on Gundam series but on Rurouni Kenshin... the first graphic novel comes out Nov. 10th! You can get it on store.viz.com!

Also... for you Inu Yasha fans out there... I'm starting up a thread in the NT section of the RPG area. If you are interested in playing a certain character, check out the OOC area. The OOC thread for it is called Inu Yasha anyone?.... Please help!!

[Edited on 6/11/2003 by Frodoslover]
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2003 08:57
Couple of things...

1) I need people to tell me what series that me to honor for the week for my Weekly 'Anime'maniacs so PM me if you want a series honored.

2) Still need a couple of people for my Inu Yasha thread I'm planning to start up soon...

There's something else but I can't think of it right now so... don't worry I will soon... Thanks for reading!!
obsessive_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2003 04:35
i dont get 2 watch that much anime, but i used 2 LOVE sailor moon. i like the manga better.
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 03:24
Okay... for all you guys and gals out there! Here's what I have so far for The Weekly 'Anime'maniacs so far... ( ~ <- That line next to the series means I have already done it! Pm me and I'll see what I can do...)

~Dragonball Z
~Trigun
~Cowboy Bebop
~Fushigi Yuugi
~Gundam Wing
~Inu Yasha
~Rurouni Kenshin
~Outlaw Star
~G Gundam
~Yu Yu Hakusho (actually I'm doing that this week so go check it out... okay? )
Naruto (doing this one next week so heads up! )
Shaman King
Hikaru No Go
Yu-Gi-Oh!
One Piece
Sailor Moon (? - Not to sure yet)
FLCL
Blue Gender
Dragonball
Ah My Godess
Akira (Agent Akira)
Chobits
Blood: The Last Vampire
Angel Sanctuary (?- Not too sure about this either)
Big O
Beyblade
Blue Submarine No. 6
Cyborg 009
Digimon
Dragonball GT
Angelic Layer
Hellsing
Excel Saga
Serial Experiment Lain
Boogie Pop Phantom
Kaitou Kamakazi Jeanne

Any others?
Elfbrat18
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 07:58
I think it was in the 6th grade when I became interested in anime. A friend in math class, Amanda Ogle, got me hooked on Sialor Moon. She had the manga ordered to her house, and she'd let me borrow it anytime. Too bad she moved, though, really good drawer, too. She inspired me to pick up drawing again, and even now my mom says that I can draw anime with my eyes closed, so I'm trying more realistic stuff-but that doesn't mean that I'll stop drawing anime. I'm just broadening my horizons.

So far, this is what I've seen and/or read:

Sailor Moon
Gundam Wing/Endless Waltz
Tenchi Muyo/Universe/In Tokyo
Dragon Ball Z
Hikaru no Go
Yugioh
YuYu Hakusho
Inuyahsa
FLCL
Naruto
One Piece
Sandland
Shaman King
Project A-ko
Rurouni Kenshin
Love Hina
Card Captor Sakura
Angelic Layer
Saiyuki
Chobits
Original Dirty Pair

...there's probably LOADS more, but I think my brain broke trying to recall them all...
RedXII
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 07:55
Yu- Gi-Oh! rocks any1 got any harpies they would like 2 trade?
landscribe
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 07:59
*bump bump*
crystaltear
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 07:47
It seems like there are almost no .hack//sign fans out there. I just love the anime, the music is just plain awesome.
There is also Rurouni Kenshin, the best anime out there. Gosh, anime is the best thing invented. I really like to draw different anime characters and somethimes draw my own.
Mánaskin
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2004 10:01
I love anime, my fav movie is Princess Mononoke, it just so great and beatiful. Ninja Scroll is good to, well not as beatiful but its really good too
KazeiMallonel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 06:32
I lve manga's (got many of them at home) and i adore animes

Kenshin!!!!!!!
Dragonball (whole series so also Z, GT,.)
Gundam Wing!!!!!
Yugioh
CardCaptorSakura
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
Sailor Moon
Beyblade
Digimon (fisrt season)
Metropolis (it's a movie)
Angelic Layer
Inu Yasha
Wedding Peach

[Edited on 11/5/2004 by KazeiMallonel]
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 12:10
Oh, I love Anime and I love to read all the Mangas! My favs are

Rurouni Kenshin (show and manga)
Beyblade
Dragon Ball (Z/GT)
Gundam Wing (manga)
.Hack// (manga)
Hana Kimi (manga)

Basically I would watch anything anime and read any manga, The only problem with that is my parents don't like and don't want me watching and for the mangas, well I just don't have enough money.
Oni-chan
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 04:17
Kyaaa....am I too late to post a reply in this thread?

Ooouch...I want to type some more but I gtg! I'll come again sooner as I could...Mangaaa....:love:! Animee...:love:! nyaah...

Hei, do you guys see Rave? I watch it every afternoon since the local tv in my country finally made it on air (I'm lack of english words *grins*). and the songs are not dubbed! YAY!

Jyaa... :love:

TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 08:49
My newest obession is anything and everything Japanese, so naturally I just gotta see Anime! I haven't seen much, but I was ordered to see Princess Mononoke. It's the best! :love: Now I have to see more films by Miazaki...
SephirothVII
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 08:56
Isn't that movie great. The phyco lady at the end that shoots off the spirits head was awsome.
Shieldmaiden1981
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2004 09:06
Disclaimer: No offense meant to anyone who likes anime, so please don't flame me!

I know I'm in the minority here, but am I the only one NOT impressed by anime? :rolleyes: Just curious.
Oni-chan
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 03:01

My fave anime would be:

» Dragon Ball Z
» Hunter X Hunter :love:
» One Piece :love:
» Trigun :love:
» Jin Roh :heart:
» Hoshi no Koe
» Rurouni Kenshin
» Pat Labor
» Mononoke Hime
» Perfect Blue
» Jigoku Sensei Nube
» Excel Saga --LoL!!--
» Digi Charat --LoL!!--
BrambleroseDeepdelver
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 09:54
I hope this thread hasn't ended or something...
But I love...
Yugioh:love:
Shaman King:love:
One Piece
Hikaru
Naruto No Go
and lots of others. I'll feel like a fool if this had ended and I wasn't in the know... But who cares? I still LOOOOOOVE :love::love::love::love::love: anime (and manga)!!!
Gurthang30
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 08:00
Don't feel bad Sheildmaiden, alot of it is crap, and I havent seen anything good come out in years. Mostly its just mindless entertainment in a pretty package, filled with superhuman feats, romantic hijinks, and androgynous men. That said, there is some good stuff out there, from people like Katsuhiro Otomo(Akira, Domu, Perfect Blue), Momaru Oshii(Jin-Roh, Ghost in the Shell, Patlabor), Masamune Shiro(Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed), and Takehiko Inoue(Vagabond). (Sadly Goseki Kojima of Lone Wolf and Cub fame has recently passed away...) Yoshiyuki Tomino(Original Gundam, Brainpowered) and Osamo Tezuka(Princess Mononoke, Neighbor Totoro) are also great. With maybe 2 or 3 exceptions, the longer something serialized is, the crappier it is.
Aragornelfwarrior
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2004 11:27
Draw I love to draw anime espically Kurama and Vash they be cool.
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 11:56
I luuurve anime! I eat, drink, and sleep anime! Let's see...

The manga's I like are:

~Alichino (I got my siggie from this one)
~Megatokyo
~Petshop of Horrors
~Cardcaptor Sakura
~Gravitation
~FAKE
~Kodocha
~Marmalade Boy
~Imadoki
~Fushigi Yuugi
~Alice 19th
~X/1999
~Ceres

The anime I like are:

~Fushigi Yugi
~Ayashi no Ceres
~Full Metal Panic
~Nadesico
~Serial Experiments: Lain
~Haibaine Renmai
~FLCL
~King of Bandit Jing
~Kalaido Star
~Kare Kano
~Neon Genisis Evangelion
~Chrono Crusade
~DNAngel
and we can't forget
~Azumanga Daioh

There's an anime store near my house where you can get a whole anime series for only $20.00. It's probably bootleg, tho (-_-)

I love drawing anime characters, but I don't do fan art: only my original ideas are used ^_^

Hmmm, It's really a matter of opinion if you like it or not, I guess I mean, c'mon Gurthang, you're acting like you know exactly what's good or not. I hate people who act like their opinions are true. In the end, they're just friggin opinions.

[Edited on 13/7/2004 by Saeran]
Aisheeya
Pilot of the Starship Aisukuriimu
Send Message
on: July 18, 2004 10:48
Ah! Anime. One of my passions as well as manga (just look at my avatar). I haven't been actively watching it for too long, but I remember seeing and loving Miyazaki's movies when I was too little to be able to write my own name...

However, there is no way that I'd watch anything dubbed. I could use some very colourful language to describe what I think of it, but as this is supposed to be PG-13, I'll pass and just say that it's disgusting. I believe there's a good reason why the certain seiyuus have been chosen for the characters, and by dubbing part of the the anime is ruined. So, it's subs all the way! If I happen to download anything dubbed - no matter how much I've waited for it - I'll delete it (I'm European, so ).

There are many great series around, but Gravitation, Hellsing, Cowboy Bebop, Furikuri (or however you want to spell it), Samurai Deeper Kyo and Shingetsutan Tsukihime are the ones that come to my mind at the moment. And of course those Miyazaki pics. Though Nausicaä was horrible - what has been done to that wonderful manga?!? Though I've heard that the version originally distributed in USA was actually so hideous Miyazaki told that none of his works was to be licensed there for a looooong time. I guess that's something that would actually make my eyes bleed if I ever saw it - if it's more horrible than the original, it must be even worse than Tokyo Underground. (Sorry, if you you happen to like that; I hated it, but suffered through... Wakarimasu. Watashi wa baka desu...)

The newest thing that has stolen my heart is Samurai Champloo from the same director as Cowboy Bebop. Simply stunning... Anyone else seen it? It was also a bit weird, considering that one of the main characters, Jin, looks (and also behaves a lot) like one of my friends. So odd...
Illuin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 03:06
totally love anime!
Rurouni Kenshin
Dragon ball Z/GT series
Cardcaptors
Yu Yu Hakusho
Wolf's Rain
yugioh
Sailor Moon
Gungrave-as soon as I get to watch it lol-anyone else see the commercials?
ok I'm totally obsessed with Kenshin-seriously! I hassle my brother and my dad and my mom about it like everyday because there is like no one I know besides online ppl who like kenshin-but thats cool! I just started drawing anime and it's pretty fun-just makin up characters of my own actually-might try drawing a real character this time.
I actually used to be as obsessed with Sailor Moon as I am with Rurouni Kenshin right now-when I was a little younger-I'd watch it 24-7, record like every episode if I missed it, and I even bought dolls that looked like them lol-not that obsessed right now though lol but close to it!
I've actually tried watching .hacksign but I really didn't understand it-kinda because it was a random episode and not really near the beginning-but have to say I didn't really like it :blush:
ooo, can't believe I forgot Tenchi Muyo! It's never on anymore but I totally was in love with it when it was on!

edit again: And now I think I like Inuyasha lol
[Edited on 20/7/2004 by Illuin]

[Edited on 6/8/2004 by Illuin]
Gurthang30
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 10:43
In dubs defense there were 2 decent ones. Cowboy Bebop, and the original Mobile Suit Gundam Movie Trilogy on VHS
Aragornelfwarrior
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2004 10:27
I be sad they took off Trigun from adult swim but they put Lupin the 3rd on in it's place but I still like Trigun better even though I have seen all the episodes twice now. :sob:
Inuyashachibi
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2004 11:07
:cheers: *singing* Everybody gotta love anime or even cute Inu.
legolas_luver2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2004 07:17
i love anime and manga! its one of the best things ever!!! here are some of my favs!

Gundam Wing (Duo!!!!!)
Sailor Moon (gotta love it)
Inuyasha
Shaman King
Naruto
Weiss Kruez
Tenchi (all of them)
all of the Miyazaki films
Hikaru no Go
Yu Yu Hakusho
Planet Ladder
Zoids New Century Slash Zero
Outlaw Star
Card Captor Sakura
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Juvenile Orion
Magic Knight Rayearth

i think thats it.....

[Edited on 8/28/2004 by legolas_luver2]
Aragornelfwarrior
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2004 08:51
i love anime and Manga as well!

Inuyasha(sesshomaru!)
gundam Wing(DUO!!!!)
Yu Yu Hakusho (Kurama)
Ruroni kenshin(sano and Aoshi)
Trigun(Vash and Wolfwood)
Salior Moon
Shaman King
Tenchi,in Tokyo,and Muyo
Zoids(Irbine)
Outlaw star
cardcaptor Sakura
Magic Night Rayearth
Kadocha
Alice 19th
love Hiena
pet shop of Horrors
and a lot more!
faeleth_azure
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 03:02
I'll put a nod in for Trigun...how could you not love that red-coated needle-noggin? Love Aqua Teen Hunger Force as well...though it's more of a cartoon than anime.
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email