Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
lizziekin44
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Anime
on: August 28, 2003 08:13
when we had kazaa, now we have grokster.:angry: we (me and my little brother) have to be all stealth-like because the riaa. :cry: why, why oh why? so many episodes i had wanted to download of the brak show, and adult swim. i love cartoons its pretty much all i watch on television: south park, the simpsons, adult swim, and anime. oh and the daily show, but that is not animated . if you're going to try download them (episodes) just be careful, and i hate to say this b/c it defeats the purpose of p2p, but don't keep much in your in your grokster folder.
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2003 02:57
oh yes cartoons are awsome, especially anime. well i dont consider anime a cartoon (more like an obcession)m, but most of my friends do...
Ithiliell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2003 02:57
*ears perk up* Anime? Did someone say anime? I have to admit that I really didn't start watching it until just a couple years ago when my best friend insisted on it. Now I can't get enough. Anyway, I like anything with decent plots and awesome bad guys. I don't mean ones that are psychotic or just plain sadistic; I mean people that are either evil-turned-good, as is the case with Hiei and Kurama from Yu-Yu Hakusho, or psychos with logic to their psychotic-ness (is that even a word...well, if it's not, it is now) like Legato from Trigun. However, I have to say my favorite series is .hack//sign, though I can't tell you exactly why.

Just my $0.02.
Firebird
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2003 07:06
I used to hate Anime but I had a friend who loved it so I finally sat down at watched some Yu Yu Hakusho. Love at first sight. I basically only have access to what's on Cartoon Network because everyone else in my family hates anime and my parents won't let me "waste" my money on Manga or Anime DVDs. So basically I watch Yu Yu Hakusho (I love Hiei and Kurama. They're so very very cool.), Kenshin; has simply beautiful artwork and sometimes .Hack//sign.
lizziekin44
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2003 08:07
everyone else in my family hates anime and my parents won't let me "waste" my money on Manga or Anime DVDs. So basically I watch Yu Yu Hakusho (I love Hiei and Kurama. They're so very very cool.), Kenshin; has simply beautiful artwork and sometimes .Hack//sign.

yeah sadly i may be in that situation, cept now i'm 18 and am too stubborn to listen to what my mother says about anime. (which she admonishes) or horror movies, or music which we have no similiarities in. she has sort of given up on me anyway (actually i think my persistince in being set in my ways may have broken years ago:evil: ) so we just don't talk about it anymore. hopefully, your family members will learn to accept your interests (if atleast grudgingly) so everybody can live on their own terms.
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2003 05:17
the kenshin artwork totally rocks!!!! *raises hand* yeah no one respecs my anime love either, so i am stuck w/ cartoon network rurouni kenshin. :cry::cry::cry: i had a hard enough time keeping track of the ppls names when it was on every day, but now the top dawg ppl have moved my beautiful kenshin to a dinky saturday spot... *gratefully accepts tissue* but anyways, the only anime vhs's i can find that rnt on ebay r dbz ones.....
Iluventi
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2003 07:05
Anime's I've seen -

Lain
Akira
DBZ
DBGT
Ninja Scroll (Own it on DVD, A friend gave it to me for bday present, and I find out its R18+, and I'm like...woah...I'll be just putting that in the bookcase...away from eyes..woah)
Spirited Away

And some others I can't remember

Dave
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2003 05:54
I feel for you Sayan:cry:And Toonami is getting those new anime shows, i forget what they are, so that probably means we'll be stuck on saturaday.
Aradhel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2003 01:01
Yes, SadisticYoda, it was foolish of me to compare DBZ to LotR. It's the only anime I've ever watched and I guess I got a little carried away. My bad! I haven't even been able to watch DBZ in a long time. Or any TV for that matter...
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2003 01:03
i had enough trouble remembering the names b4 wen i saw it everyday, but this?? :cry: oh well. whos heard of sd gundam (or something like that)
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2003 03:39
I have. Of course you probly already figured that. It's supposed to be "Your favorite Gundams, 'Funsized' ". Anyway, I can't believe Jackie Chan took over the 9:30 slot pushin Kenshin to 11:00.
HAs anybody seen the uncut/unedited version of Rurouni Kenshin? Or wat comes on the dvds? I was going to ask for it for my b-day but I didn't want my parents freaking out if it had anything 'questionable', for a 14 yr old girl to watch.
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2003 06:48
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tell me about it- g gudam all over again
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2003 04:52
*Sneeks back in, trips and falls on face*

Hey guys! Long time, no see??
Tricksy-hobbitses
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2003 06:39

HAs anybody seen the uncut/unedited version of Rurouni Kenshin? Or wat comes on the dvds? I was going to ask for it for my b-day but I didn't want my parents freaking out if it had anything 'questionable', for a 14 yr old girl to watch.

*Raises hand* I love RK! I have the first 9 volumes on both VHS and DVD. There's a bit of violence, (especially in the Kyoto arc) and some swearing, but there's no nudity or sex. It's rated 13 and up, so your parents shoudn't have a problem with it.
Tricksy-hobbitses
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2003 06:44

*Raises hand* I love RK! I have the first 9 volumes on both VHS and DVD. There's a bit of violence, (especially in the Kyoto arc) and some swearing, but there's no nudity or sex. It's rated 13 and up, so your parents shoudn't have a problem with it.
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2003 01:40
hey thanks. our tv has this language blipper that should take care of the swearing. But I don't think the violence is a problem if I've already seen movies like LOTR and Gladiator.
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2003 07:50
*snarls and growls, and would have sprung from the wall and chains imprisoining her if not for the white coat*

i really dont like bleeper thing, but in cases such as the unedited rk, its helpful (oro!!!) nice siggy mj- its sano so hot:drool: *melts out of white coat.* freedom!!! now wheres the evil :evil: bleeper thing. *muah*
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2003 07:30
I haven't seen unedited RK... I would like to though...
*Watches SayianElfJedi go after the bleeper thing*
You go girl... show it who's boss... *roots for S.E.J.*
Steorra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2003 01:38
I've only just recently began watching more anime. I suppose it's mainly because I'm (trying) tro adopt the drawing style. *punishes self for butchering the style* :dizzy:

OMG, I'm not the only person here that likes Yu-Gi-Oh! Praise the Lord! *dance* And I swore to myself that I would never watch that show, because my friend was obsessed with it and he wouldn't stop talking about it... but I watched it, and it's pretty cool! I can't get the themesong out of my head. And that Joey Wheeler is one hot bubba! :love:

I enjoyed Spirited Away. No-Face was kind of creepy at times, but it was a good movie. ^_^

I used to be a HUGE Pokemon fan in the past, and I still watch it because it's cute. ^_^ Can't stand that Pikachu, though. >_<

And I use to LOVE Digimon, but the shows got too stupid when people started evolving INTO the digimon. First and second seasons all the way! Go Gomamon! ^_^

I think the animation for DBZ is very poorly done, but that's just my opinion. Don't kill.

BTW, is 'Totally Spies' really an anime or just a rip-off?

... eh, that's all. BTW
Dream~Giver
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 25, 2003 02:35
Oo! Anime rocks!
I like:
Princess Mononoke
Ayashi no Ceres
Fushigi Yuugi
Vampire Princess Miyu
Magic Knights Rayearth
Gundam Wing
Rurouni Kenshin
Nauscia Valley of the Wind
Laputa Castle in the Sky
Himiko-den
The Legend of Basara
Samurai X
Mask of Zeguy
Kodomo no Omocha
Inu Yasha
RG Veda
Fruit Basket
:love:X 1999:love:
Kind of a long list. There's more in my mind but I cant think of them right now. That's pretty much a good thing because if I was to mention them all, I'd be here until RotK comes out. ^_^

[Edited on 23/1/2006 by Dream~Giver]
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2003 01:09
<>

Same here! That was one main reason for me to start watching Anime. 'Course I did have this cousin who was constantly rambling about how great it was *winks at Sayan*
But I'm so glad I've started watching it! I love beyblade and rurouni kenshin. My notebook for school is covered with anime pics, mostly Kai, Kenshin characters, and elves :love:
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2003 04:17
This is going WAY back (early 80's!) but 2 series I could never miss an ep of were Ulysses 31 and Star Blazers (Comet Empire being my fav of the SB series). Anyone old enough to remember those 2?
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2003 10:17
No... But I trying to remember this one anime movie that me and my sister use to watch. It was something about a unicorn and these kids... I can't really remember it but it was like way back in the day... something like Unico...
Shelob
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2003 02:31
I had never really watchd Anime until one of my friends showed me Vampire Hunter D. I was dazzled by it. Recently I saw Sprited Away, and I've caught an episode or two of Cowboy Bebop. I'm not real famlier with the older stuff though.
Dínalphien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2003 06:41
OMG, I'm not the only person here that likes Yu-Gi-Oh! Praise the Lord! *dance* And I swore to myself that I would never watch that show, because my friend was obsessed with it and he wouldn't stop talking about it... but I watched it, and it's pretty cool!

I felt the same way too, until I watched about four episodes of it. At first I mocked it because of the whole Yugi becomes Yami thing (esp. the eyes) but then I just...got into it and have obsessed it every since. Well, obsessed in the sense that I really hate the dub more than anything else and have downloaded clips of the Japanese version. So much better :love: As well as correcting people on their pronounciations of character names (Malik in particular )

Hello! I'm another anime fan, first drawn into the anime world by Sailor Moon, then to Dragonball Z which led to Weiß Kreuz and CCS. My current obsession is Naruto (both manga and anime) and have nearly used all disk space in downloading the episodes

I'm also another dub-hater. I had the (mis)fortune to watch dubbed RK/Samurai X and have made a great distance between me and the videos that I have. Because I hate most dubs, I will be incredibly selfish when I say that I don't want Naruto to be licensed in the US (or anywhere sans Japan) ¬.¬

Uh yeah. I'd post the other anime I like but this post is long enough, ne? ^_^
shenarwin
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 06:38
I was never into Anime until I watched,

Hellsing

I think that will be the only one I will truely like.

SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 10:02
This is going WAY back (early 80's!) but 2 series I could never miss an ep of were Ulysses 31 and Star Blazers (Comet Empire being my fav of the SB series). Anyone old enough to remember those 2?

no, but were they good???

hello mirkwood

i have watched yu-gi-oh, but i really havent been able to get into it. i did like pokemon, but the animationis kinda cheasy... dont hurt me now..
Steorra
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 12:07
I felt the same way too, until I watched about four episodes of it. At first I mocked it because of the whole Yugi becomes Yami thing (esp. the eyes) but then I just...got into it and have obsessed it every since.

Heehee, I know, I always yell "Yugi's schitzo!".

Who else can't stand Mai? I can't. She bugs the living daylights out of me.

Does anyone here have an online manga or something?
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2003 07:29
HEY GUYS!!! I need all of your guys help... I'm planning on doing a series in the journal area where each week I honor one anime series and I need you guys to vote on which one you want done. This way we can introduce anime and all the series to newbies at it or people who are just interested in it. Along with the pics, I do a little synopsis on the series to explain it a bit more....

SOOOOooo.... what do you guys think???
InsaneSorcerousOfFangorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2003 08:00
i LOVE Cardcaptors!

By the way, for you animemaniacs if you want anime wallpaper, go to www.animewallpapers.com there is tons!

[Edited on 11/10/2003 by InsaneSorcerousOfFangorn]
SayenElfJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2003 11:41
RUROUNI KENSHIN!!!!! LOVE THAT ANIME!!!!!! (im the 100th post im the 100th post) lol thanks for the link, insane sorcerous
InsaneSorcerousOfFangorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2003 12:06
anytime! SayenElfJedi!
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2003 02:44
Ok...

Cardcaptor
Ruroin Kenshin
Dragonball Z (my own)

Any others??
shenarwin
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2003 07:01
Hellsing
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2003 04:00
Okay... any others?

Oh also, I got it started so... go check it out. Its called The Weekly 'Anime'maniacs and this week its Dragonball Z!!
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email