Register

<< First56789Last >>
Author Topic:
Sam_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Anime
on: April 08, 2005 05:49
Man! I wanted to start a thread on anime but I thought "Cody you had better look back through the other pages to make sure someone hasn't already done that." And here it is, I had to dig. Have we ran out of anime to talk about?

Anyway, I have to thank my friend for introducing me to anime, among other things in my life. I love anime and I am even trying to get my girlfriend into it. Miyazaki is awesome I must say for all of his masterpieces... especially Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. It was funny to see Billy Bob and Gillian Anderson doing the dubs for PM. Currently I am really into Inuyasha and Fullmetal Alchemist. I have all of FMA and also all of: Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and Witch Hunter Robin. Those are just the ones I have that have been liscenced. I have a big collection of unliscenced stuff. I really liked DN Angel. I don't have time to post anymore right now.

What current anime are you into?
Ring_angel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 12:18
URGH i hate the way anime show women and girls!!!!!! I love the art work but its the personalities they suk!!!!
Elfbrat18
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 06:39
Tell me about it. It seems like most of them are all bust, no brains.

I just went to Suncoast over the weekend and I bought Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040, and I STILL haven't gotten to watch it! All b/c of this dang computer in my room! Can't get no privacy to watch anything!

How about manga? What's everyone's fav manga title at the moment?

Mine's a tie between Peach Girl and Mars. I love those kind! I am so sad....
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 07:16
I love Mars too, it's about the only romance I'll read. Maybe because it has bishies ans motorbikes :drool:
I disagree, your thinking about very setero-typical anime women. If that's the only way you've seen women in anime then you need to see some more!!!
Elfbrat18
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 10:18
I disagree, your thinking about very setero-typical anime women. If that's the only way you've seen women in anime then you need to see some more!!!

I guess I'd have to agree with you there. But that's just the way it seems with some. Though I have seen a little bit more than you might think but that's understandable. The place where I rent videos doesn't carry much anime, only like pokemon and yugioh and maybe some dragon ball z, so I have to go to the mall and pick and choose carefully.

BTW, anyone have any good suggestions for adding to my dvd collection?
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 04:25
I got a couple of animes that I like:

Rave, Kare Kano Kanonjo(His&Her Cirsumstances), Card Captor Sakura, Angelic Layer, Gatekeepers, Vandread, and FUll Metal Panic.
Elfbrat18
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 06:57
Hey, Ilfa , is His and Her Circumstances any good?
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 10:53
I'd say anything by CLAMP, Cardcaptor Sakura was very cute for them.
Helsing is great, but if you're not really into the voilent things you may not like it. I loved Escaflowne, and Ghost in the shell/Ghost in the shell Stand alone complex.
But if you live in an English speaking country then I suggest seeing them in Japanese, or make sure you have the orginal version, not the just the american dub.
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 11:38
His&Her is really good, which deals about ordinary life of a high school student that has, of course, different circumstances with life.
Vandread is also good! That women and men are different, they don't know each other until time came three men were arrested to the women ship and after that, they've plan to make men and women together.
Elfbrat18
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2005 05:15
I'd say anything by CLAMP, Cardcaptor Sakura was very cute for them.
Helsing is great, but if you're not really into the voilent things you may not like it. I loved Escaflowne, and Ghost in the shell/Ghost in the shell Stand alone complex.
But if you live in an English speaking country then I suggest seeing them in Japanese, or make sure you have the orginal version, not the just the american dub.

I think if you get some anime on dvd then you have the option of american dubbed or the japenese track. I love violent movies, that's why I like Ghost in the Shell (only seen the first, though). Watched Escaflowne on tv before they cut it off in the middle of the series, though it was years ago so I don't remember much. I used to watch CCS on tv as well before they took it off too. I see about Hellsing, that one sounds interesting.

His&Her is really good, which deals about ordinary life of a high school student that has, of course, different circumstances with life.
Vandread is also good! That women and men are different, they don't know each other until time came three men were arrested to the women ship and after that, they've plan to make men and women together.

Oh, I've been thinking about His and Her, but I'm not sure about Vandread. I mean I've heard of it, but I'm not really familiar with that one as much as the others, and it sounds confusing. Is what you're saying that men and women lived on two different planets or something? Like Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus kind of thing?

Well thanks for the suggestions, when I get some money I'll try to go to Suncoast and see about getting some.
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: June 10, 2005 10:07
Yes, that kind of thing. Men are even afraid of women because they thought women eat their livers and let them die. Women get pregnant because of a donation of a sperm from the male.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 06:36
Definetly look into Helsing, it got vampires in and is just cool.
You should see Ghost in the shell stand alone complex, or have you?
Elfbrat18
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 09:23
Men are even afraid of women because they thought women eat their livers and let them die.
LOL!

Definetly look into Helsing, it got vampires in and is just cool.
You should see Ghost in the shell stand alone complex, or have you?
Elfbrat18
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 09:27
Stupid me, I clicked the wrong button. *smacks head*

Anyway, j_mercuryuk, Hellsing sounds cool. I love those with vampires in them! And no, unfortunately, I haven't seen the Stand Alone Complex.

Everybody, forgive my blondness....
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 12:50
Watched Escaflowne on tv before they cut it off in the middle of the series, though it was years ago so I don't remember much.

I was rather mad when they canceled it! It was a good show. But anyway..
Has anyone seen Read or Die? The main girl there definately has brains and is modest.
Also (i'm all over the place sorry) my favorite little manga is Crescent Moon, its a cute story that I enjoyed reading... *shrug*
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2005 09:25
I've seen R.O.D that was great, and cool. They other brothers didn't quite get what was so cool about someone throwing paper about :rolleyes: Stupid people!
I really wanna see the series
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: June 17, 2005 12:51
Men are even afraid of women because they thought women eat their livers and let them die.
LOL!
LOL.:evil: It's true! There is even a history and paintings about the event in Vandread.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 10:47
we just bought the 3rd GITS SOA dvd. Can't wait to see it
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 09:28
Anyone knows Fushigi Yuugi and Ayashi no Ceres who's animator is Watase Yuu?:heart:
Elfbrat18
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 07:31
I have a really old animerica extra magazine that has Fushigi Yuugi in it. Pretty good.
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: June 20, 2005 01:21
how about Ayashi no Ceres. It's also good, and Toya looks totally like Tamahome, but with different eye color and hair color.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2005 07:07
Here's a good 'which anime charater are you?' test. Do it, it's funny.
http://www.thenoodlebowl.com/oav/quiz1.html
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 10:58
Wait, I'll check on that!
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 10:27
Forgive me ignorance, but is Anime the TV show(s) and, or movies and Manga is the reading material, such as comics?

I know what it looks like and such, but I didn't really know the difference between the two...
Elfbrat18
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 12:04
Forgive me ignorance, but is Anime the TV show(s) and, or movies and Manga is the reading material, such as comics?

I know what it looks like and such, but I didn't really know the difference between the two...

Don't worry about that, you had it right! Actually, when I first started watching anime, I was asking the same questions too.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 11:17

In japanese anime means cartoon and manga means comic.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: July 14, 2005 10:23
Okay, thanks!

I've watched a couple of anime series here and there:
Sailor Moon - I never got to see how the series ended...bah
Pokemon/Pocket Monsters (call me lame...but I still like it...)

My favourite aspect of Pokemon is "shipping". I'd like to see who ends up with who, if any. I also like the Japanese names they use.
Elfbrat18
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2005 06:39
Okay, thanks!

I've watched a couple of anime series here and there:
Sailor Moon - I never got to see how the series ended...bah
Pokemon/Pocket Monsters (call me lame...but I still like it...)

My favourite aspect of Pokemon is "shipping". I'd like to see who ends up with who, if any. I also like the Japanese names they use.

I used to watch Sailor Moon too. Which series are you talking about, I think there are a bunch. I think I've seen about all of them but Sailor Stars, but if you want to know about something from one of the others, pm me and I'll try to help ya out.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2005 11:13
Sailor Moon's my favourite anime and it's the one that woke me up to anime. I've have the first deason subbed and I've only seen bits of the second season dubbed.
Elfbrat18
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2005 07:43
Lucky you! The only bit of Sailor Moon that I have are Sailor Moon R: The Promise of the Rose, S: Hearts in Ice, and one of the SuperS Pegasus Collection dvds. I want to get the uncut seasons but I don't have the money.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2005 09:20
Salior Moon is the first anime series I can remember watching when I was like.. oh geez... 4? maybe 5 years old. Last year for Halloween I went dressed as a Salior Moon person.. umm.. Selena something with an S... it's been 9 years since I've seen any of the episodes... but I do think I saw one on vacation one time in a hotel.
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: July 17, 2005 12:55
I know Sailor Moon, I think, since I'm at 5. It's quite great but animes today are fancier.
Fruit's Basket is indeed good, but the original episodes are not enough and makes the viewers have a shortchange like my favorite His & Her Cirsumstances, which just ended that their friend fell in love with their another friend. It has continuation, but to think the television channels won't televise the continuations because they'll make another contract. :dizzy:
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 01:17
I just got GITS SAC 4 for my bday can't wait to watch it. I'm gonna go to forbidden planet on saturday as my best friend gave me money to spend there

[Edited on 18/7/2005 by j_mercuryuk]
Elven_Light
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2005 12:15
Rurouni Kenshin all the way!
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2005 12:54
I got the thgird Chobits DVD, they just get better and better! Chi!
I'm gonna get Wolfs rain, it's coming though the post, the first DVD. Is it as good as I think it will be?
<< First56789Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email