Register

<< First678910Last >>
Author Topic:
Shade_Skypage
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Anime
on: July 26, 2005 04:38
I've always liked anime ever since I got started with Gundam Wing lonag ago in grade school. Now, quite honestly, Rurouni Kenshin's my favorite anime/manga and there are others I like as well, such as Shaman King, all the Dragonball series, Yu Yu Hakusho, and some others as well.
Melana
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2005 09:03
I saw Sailor Moon at first.I was 11 or sth..
Now I really love Conan( in the US it`s Case Closed) and Inuyasha,Jeanne and X,Hellsing nad stuff like that.
Unfortunately I can`t watch the Animes anymore,cuz they are not in Finland
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2005 06:00
My firat anime must have been cities of Gold, but I didn't know it was an anime, I mean I grew up watching it
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 04:04
Does anyone like or even know about Yami No Matsuei? (Descendants of Darkness)
I absolutley love it. Even though I've only seen two episodes. :blush:

I also like
Thundercats
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Sailor Moon
Spirited Away
Digimon (first and second season only)

[Edited on 15/11/2007 by starofdunedain]
pippin_is_god
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2006 05:13
Yami no Matsuei? I love that show!! I've only seen up to episode 7 (and I doubt I'll ever see any more, they don't show ANY anime here... cept Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh) But I love the way Tsuzuki and Hisoka interact with each other! Like I said, it's hard for me to see any anime at all, but I also like:

Yami no Matsuei (like I said)
Yu-gi-oh
When I was 7 I loved Pokemon - now I can't stand the bad plot and animation (sorry to those who disagree)
Cowboy Bebop
Loveless

By the way, has anyone else heard or sen Loveless? In my opinion it's the best anime I've ever seen, it's so beautiful to look at, with great voices (it's subbed, NOT dubbed ) and a wonderful story. Plus Ritsuka is sooooooo cute!! Anyone?

starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2006 08:46
Yami no Matsuei? I love that show!! I've only seen up to episode 7 (and I doubt I'll ever see any more, they don't show ANY anime here... cept Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh)

I checked online at Bestbuy and they have all thirteen episodes in one package for $32.99. If you willing to pay that much.
BTW. Where exactly is here?

[Edited on 23/6/2006 by starofdunedain]
pippin_is_god
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2006 11:24
England. There's probably an anime or Japanese channel on cable or digital, but I don't have any of those.
I don't think I'd be able to afford that.... but last week I actually managed to see all 13 episodes of Yami no Matsuei!! It's fantastic!! Go Hisoka, he's so great!

Oh, and I have a new thing to add to my list of anime obsessions:
Sukisyo (Woooooow, Sunao has the best hair in the world!)
Atanqin_vampress
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2006 09:34
omg who has seen the new bleach thats out its so cool
Atanqin_vampress
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2006 09:57
my faves are:
fruits basket
naruto
bleach
full metal aclemist
chobits
air
pita ten
trinity blood
rosen maden
azumanga daigho
initial-D
she, the ultimate wepon
apple seed
iInu-Yasha
ranma 1/2
Evangelion
ghost in a shell
love hina
pippin_is_god
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2006 09:54
There's a new Bleach?! I haven't heard anything about it... but like I said, England for some reason doesn't like showing ANY anime (cept Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh) Is it any good? I haven't seen many episodes of Bleach, but it was pretty cool. I'll have to look into it. Oh, yeah, cos when I made my list I kept forgetting it, so:

Loveless
Yami no Matsuei
Yu-gi-oh
Chobits (haven't seen many episodes)
Bleach (ditto)
Cowboy Bebop
FAKE (the one I kept forgetting. Poor thing... it's so funny and you gotta love the yayoi)

Miriel81589
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2006 03:24
I'm obsessed with anything and everything Sailor Moon. I've seen all 200 Japanese episodes. I have all the English manga. I've seen all 49 episodes and specials of the live action version. I'm really into the musicals too, I've seen three of them and I know all the songs. ^^

(Just to say, if you've only seen the English dub and think it's a kid's show, it's not!!! They totally dumbed it down!! For example: Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune are NOT cousins. They're lesbians.)

I also love Inu-Yasha!!! And I'm starting to get into Fruits Basket and DN Angel.
Atanqin_vampress
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2006 11:33
i dunno for some resion austraila dosent have many anime stores but i think anime sounds better in japanese anyway
pippin_is_god
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2006 10:45
I agree totally! Some dubs are just sooo bad, and you don't realise until you see the same show in its original Japanese form! I only just found out that there's a Yami no Matsuei English version, but I'm never gonna watch it - it's already perfect in Japanese.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2006 12:52
I don't watch dubbs either, can't stand them.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: July 29, 2006 03:04
(Just to say, if you've only seen the English dub and think it's a kid's show, it's not!!! They totally dumbed it down!! For example: Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune are NOT cousins. They're lesbians.)

Yeah...I know that the fifth and last season involved of the transformation the sailor stars? from men into women during the henshin sequence. Apparently the western market didn't want to air it because of that...so that's why I never saw the last season. Hmm... well... I kind of wanted to see how the series end...

I agree; subs are better than the dubs. Less editing out of stuff.
Gileth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2006 05:25
The last time I saw Sailor Moon (I live in the US) was several years ago when they brought it back for about a year at 6am. So I was able to see every episode in the 1st two series. But most of the time when the later seasons aired, I was at my babysitter's house and while she sometimes let me watch it if I asked, I wasn't able to watch it everyday, so I never saw much of SM S and Super S seasons. However, I did buy the manga of SuperS and Stars to satisfy my want- The manga is probably the easiest way for americans to see the last season. And while I have found full episodes of SM on the internet, most sites have only a few episodes. I rented the 3 movies from a video store.

It was the first anime I ever saw, so why I have grown to like other anime, SM will always have a special place in my life. I think my grandma (who is japanese) gave me a pink sailor moon sweater before I even knew what SM was.

Besides SM I like:
DBZ
Naruto (relatively new in US- the new episodes on Saturdays are still in the preliminaries for part 3 of the chuunin exam)
Yugioh
Spirited Away (and others by Miyazaki)
Pokemon
Cardcaptors
Digimon
Beyblades
Inuyasha (I only saw the 1st episode- but I recently got interested and hope to see more of it)
Hikaru no Go
Prince of Tennis

These last two I saw on a new website that plays full episodes of a few shows- however, it seems that each episode is only available for about 1 or 2 months, but the first episode is still up. http://www.toonamijetstream.com/app/index.html?applicationType=browser

[Edited on 22/9/2007 by Gileth]
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2006 01:47
I found all manga of SM on ebay going for about £120, and I stopped bidding for the second manga when the bidding reached £40. So I still only have the first one.
pippin_is_god
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2006 01:39
I don't have the channel that they show SM on any more, so I haven't seen it for ages. I was never so interested in it though... I prefer watching all the pretty bishounen to girls! :love: :naughty:
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: August 02, 2006 12:57
pippin_is_god, I know what you mean! Bishounen are certainly ... :drool: :love:. I don't really watch anime because there isn't much variety on the channels I have; I much prefer manga.

I've seen some of Ayashi no Ceres OVA (I've read the manga). The animation certainly isn't that great, and the facial proportions are a bit off when compared the Yuu Watase's drawings. I also want to see Angel Sanctuary OVA, just to see how much it differs from the manga. =P

[Edited on 2/8/2006 by Lady~Eowyn]
pippin_is_god
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 09:04
I've never seen the Angel Sanctuary OVA, but it's supposed to be quite good, as they go. The only OVA I've seen is FAKE, which I thought went really well. Ted made me blink a bit at his bright red hair, but it was so good. Really complemented the original manga art - it made me happy
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 04:25
Depending on whether you've read the manga or not, your opinon on the Angel Sanctuary OVA will probably be based on that. Some people have said that it's good, while others says it's just awful since it only covers the first three of the twenty volumes (which is pretty much the "worst" arc of AS, and I've read the AS manga up to the recent North American releases). Anyways, I want to see it just to see if it's really that bad... =P

And I really hate when the anime and the characters don't look like the original manga art...
pippin_is_god
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2006 09:54
Yeah, I hate it when they change the style of anime and appearance of the anime so it totally differs from the manga. It seems a bit pointless, because it never looks as good, and they most likely lose the support of long time fans of the maga. And in my opinion, it seems a bit disrespectful to original creator, changing their work so much. I've seen screencaps for the AS OVA. It certainly looks a bit different from the manga, but not too bad, I suppose. It's only 3 episodes, isn't it?

Anime like FAKE, Yami no Matsuei and Loveless are great in terms of sticking to the original maga art. Yami no Matsuei is changed slightly (but I think in a good way) but they look like the manga brought to life. If only all OVAs were done like that..... *wishful thinking*

starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2006 06:46
okay bit of an update

Naruto
Rurouni Kenshin
Fruits Basket
Sailor Moon
Spirited Away
Yami no Matsuei
InuYasha
Digimon
Tsubasa Chronicles
Hikaru no Go
Card Captor Sakura
Thundercats
Ring seris by Koji Suzuki

Stupid question. What does OAV stand for?
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2006 02:00
Just curious to know if anyone is going to Amecon. It's a long shot I know, but I curious.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: August 05, 2006 07:07
OAV/OVA means Original Animated Video. That means the anime is released right away as a VHS/DVD and sold as that item. =)

Yeah AS is only 3 episodes, and I've seens the screencaps for it. I think they totally butchered Kira and Kato. Pity too...since Kira's the most gorgeous character in AS (except for Raphael! :love People have also said that Sara is really annoying in it too.

Amecon? Where is that? It would be so awesome to attend Anime-Expo in Los Angeles! CLAMP were the special guests this year. I can only imagine how insane it would be there...
pippin_is_god
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2006 09:03
Oh, I wish I could go to all these things! But I live in England, and there isn't anything like that here. At least, I don't think so...
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2006 05:20
Amecon is a weekend anime convention in Liecester, England. It's a weekend of cosplaying, watching anime, buying anime/manga, and drinking. Amoung other thing that it. It's great I went to the last one and I can't wait till next weekend for this on.

CLAMP!!!! OMG I love then, I so wish I was there.
pippin_is_god
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2006 09:19
OMG, that sounds like the coolest thing ever!! But I don't live anywhere near Liecester why must it be so hard?! D'you think they'd ever have any in any other parts of the UK??(preferably England)
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 10:53
Most people who go don't live near there. I live in Essex and there were several people there last time who lived in Scotland. Well there's the expo in London, but that's nowhere near as good. There's also Ayecon (sp?), which takes place in alternative years to Amecon.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: August 08, 2006 06:29
Will there be any mangaka's as special guests at the anime conventions that you mentioned? Or is it more like the english voice actors?
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 07:11
All I've seen so far are dub voice people unfortunately. But then Monica Rial was at the last Amecon and she was alot of fun. she even came out and sined onr of my brothers friends who was lying uncoucios on the grass. but then I haven't rally looked at the special japanese event that expo are doing.
But also, the guests are a very small part if the events such as Amcon.
pippin_is_god
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 07:57
Woah, I totally wanna go. That'd be so incredible.... but my mum's totally against letting me go. That sucks. :cry: I'd love to meet the voice actors... but really only the Japanese ones. Still, I'll keep on begging! (It's my birthday soon... perhaps it'd count as a birthday present... )
Heri_Almare
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 04:14
I posted this in a separate thread since it's about manga, but the mod didn't like it and redirected me here.

Does anyone else here read Fruits Basket? I'm trying to find scans of books 21 and 22 in English online. I read books 1-20 at thespectrum.net/manga_scans/fruits_basket but they don't have the last two yet. Can anyone help me?
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 07:17
If everyone created a new thread every time they had a question we would have hundreds of threads and no one would find anything. It's not because I 'didn't like it'.... I found the Manga thread for you as well and bumped it up. Just takes a minute or so to use the search feature.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: August 10, 2006 04:50
Really, I'd only go if there was a mangaka that I liked (Kaori Yuki!!!). If I had friends that liked manga, I probably would go to one of the local anime conventions, but I live in a hick town so not many fans.

Just curious, but is anyone else a member of Tokyopop.com? Granted, it's not my favourite publishing co., but it's a good place to meet other manga fans (well obviously ^.^).
<< First678910Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email