Post RE: Anime
on: November 15, 2007 01:31
Anime is my life. Without it I will fade away in grief just like an elf
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2008 10:40
Well, I wouldn't say anime is my whole life, but it would be a sad world without it.

Well, I've been doing a lot of exploring and recently got hooked onto One Piece! I love Zolo and Luffy...Sanji is pretty cool too.

Oh, and I've seen some episodes of Ouran Highschool Host Club....Tamaki and Mori-Senpai are my favorites.

Byakuya is soooo cool! (I like saying his name too, lol) I love Ichigo too....and Gin...yeah..lol

Although I haven't been able to watch much Bleach lately, and I never bought the manga...I'm really behind too....school is the high priority on my list currently.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
bushybrowfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2008 04:35
Sanji's my fave off there.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2008 03:20
Oh yeah, Sanji's great. I love it when he spins and his legs whirl around...it always makes me laugh, for some reason.

But Zolo is my total fav. Has been since I started reading it. Finding the anime was the icing on the cake, lol!

My favorite move of his is Tiger Hunt. I love that stance. Though Oni Giri is pretty sweet too.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2008 08:22
I love anime, it's the best thing ever! I love One Piece, Bleach, DeathNote, InuYasha, Naruto, and so many others that I can't think of. It's my life!
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2008 04:39
I've gotton into a lot more anime now, NightHead Genesis,Bleach,GetBackers,Vampire Knight, Kiddy Grade, Rurouni Kenshin... I used to like Naruto a lot but I've kinda fallen out of it. There are a lot more manga than anime I like too. Oh, and I love Digimon :love: For some reason it's the only anime I'll watch dubbed. :dizzy:
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: August 27, 2009 05:40
I just got into anime and I love it so far my favorites are
Sailor Moon
Fruits Basket
Spiral (this one's so awesome but no one else knows about it )
anything by Miyazaki :love: but my favorite is def Spirited Away.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2009 11:47
Rurouni Kenshin is probably the only anime that I enjoy watching. I think its the best anime that I've ever seen!
frodofan14
Send Message
on: August 27, 2009 01:43
I just started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion and it's awesome.
LightElfRowena
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2009 03:09
If anyone did not see the show call Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you must see it. It's great for those who like anime with technology and magic together.
frodofan14
Send Message
on: October 20, 2009 09:17
Here's my current list:

Animes I finished-
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Fruits Basket
Spiral

Animes I'm working on-
Fullmetal Alchemist
Death Note
Ouran High School Host Club
The Melcancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Manga I buy regularly-
Fruits Basket
Fullmetal Alchemist

[Edited on 8/11/2009 by frodofan14]
Masone
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2009 09:49
Would normally never ever recommend any sort of shojo, but Pita Ten is one of the weirdest things I have ever seen animated in a super cute way. Just watch it, you'll laugh.

Regards

Masone

______
Simulation prêt
Pippin_Luv
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2009 06:53
Rurouni Kenshin is probably the only anime that I enjoy watching. I think its the best anime that I've ever seen!

I've been watching Kenshin. I seriously love it. All the characters are so great and I love how Kenshin only fights to protect!!
Katsuno_Hitomi
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2009 07:03
First off, Avatar: The Last Airbender, while certainly influenced by anime, is a Nickelodeon cartoon. As an avid Avatard, I just wanted to clear that up.

Let's see, anime I like. There's:
Fullmetal Alchemist
Code Geass
Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles
Bleach

Anyone remember Yu-gi-oh!? Anyone ever heard of Yu-gi-oh! The Abridged Series? If not, where have you been for the past three years? It's only the greatest internet sensation ever! Here's a link to where you can find all 44 episodes(and that's not counting the Christmas specials and Marik's Evil Council of Doom): http://www.youtube.com/user/CardGamesFTW
Key116
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2009 10:25
I like Fruits Basket, Ouran High School Host Club and Shugo Chara. I seem to be the only one in here liking those but anyhow Naruto and Fullmetal Alchemist are cool too.
frodofan14
Send Message
on: December 01, 2009 10:28
^I love Fruits Basket and Ouran High School Host Club too haven't seen Suho Chara though.
Key116
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2009 08:07
Its kinda girly and childish, but I like it anyway ^_^
frodofan14
Send Message
on: December 10, 2009 10:20
I've never even heard of it :blush:
frodofan14
Send Message
on: December 20, 2009 08:01
SPOILERS FOR CHAPTER 102 OF FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhhhh my GOD. If this wasn't such a moderatred website, I'd be swearing a lot. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously. I don't know what's worse, Mustang going blind or Al being SO CLOSE to getting his body back and then not because he couldn't fight. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I cried a lot at this chapter. So freaking depressing. Bradley vs Scar... probably both of them are going to die, and it looks like Pride's on his way out too. And papa Hoho being absorbed by Father!! I imagine his fate will be that he'll die saving his kids... although I doubt Ed and Al both will survive. MY GOD HOW WILL THIS END?? I serisouly doubt Ed will get his limbs back..I was so hoping for an ending where Al's normal, Ed's normal, they're with Winry in Resembool and Hoehnheim could help out in Liore and Mustang's Fuhrer and Riza's his first lady... Ling's emporer of Xing, ruling with Lanfan... Mei.. well I don't care about her.. but maybe she could go off with Scar and/or Marcoh and do whatever.. the homonoculi are defeated... I mean, Lust, Envy, Gluttony and Sloth are already gone.. Pride's disintigrating, Ling's pretty in control of Greed, and Wrath will probably be gone soon.Gah. That Truth-kun... pretty unfair. WHY ROY'S EYES?!?! And also, who is inhabiting Al's body so he can talk...?

I'm getting pretty emotional, so I'll stop.
Link here http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/102/002-003/

Salquelatine
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2009 01:37
^I love Fruits Basket and Ouran High School Host Club too haven't seen Suho Chara though

How funny! Those were actually my first anime (other than, of course, the Sailor Moon saga). I tried getting into Shugo Chara and read the manga at the same time, but life kinda got into the way.

The last anime I think I watched was either the Vampire Knight (and VKGuilty) or Pandora Hearts - both of which I loved.

Hmm... since this is my first post in this thread, I'd have to say my favorite is Toradora. Has anyone else seen it?
frodofan14
Send Message
on: December 21, 2009 02:22
^Zomg I started Pandora Hearts like a week ago (the manga- haven't gotten around to the anime yet) and I LOVE IT. Gilbert=love :love:
LightElfRowena
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2009 03:35
I wonder what it would be like if there was a LotR anime...
frodofan14
Send Message
on: December 27, 2009 04:30
There was a cartoon version, so it would be similar but probably drawn more smoothly.. lol it would be awesome if it was a shojo, then all the guys would look like girls. That would be sort of hilarious.. although the elves already do that anyway
LightElfRowena
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2009 03:03
There was a cartoon version, so it would be similar but probably drawn more smoothly.. lol it would be awesome if it was a shojo, then all the guys would look like girls. That would be sort of hilarious.. although the elves already do that anyway

I can't picture Aragorn or Boromir looking like girls lol... "Pretty Men of Gondor" XD
Salquelatine
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2009 06:22
:disco: Shojo!!!

*snickers* I might have actually been a Legolas fangirl if it would have been anime

^Zomg I started Pandora Hearts like a week ago (the manga- haven't gotten around to the anime yet) and I LOVE IT. Gilbert=love

I know!!!!!!! It's fantastic! But my favorite guy (although I do love Gil) is Break... I hated him at first - soooooo annoying - but he's fantastic. Have you seen any of the omakes?

For some reason people like to pair Oz and Gil (I'm probably one of the few girls who doesn't like yaoi)
frodofan14
Send Message
on: December 29, 2009 12:24
Yah, Break is pretty awesome.
Nope, not yet. For some reason I'm saving watching the anime. I'll get around to it soon, but usually when I get into something manga first then I like to read further before starting to watch.
Yeah, I don't like yaoi either (especially the really random pairings) but I can see how Gil/Oz would come about. Gil does seem to have a thing for him
Salquelatine
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2010 10:00
This is true, but I also remember a similar pairing in LotR *cough* Sam/Frodo *cough*

I actually found out about the anime before the manga, so I finished the series first. Come to think of it, I keep telling myself that I'll read it, but I never seem to get to it.

PH was my first seinen. I'm a shojo maniac. What other mangas are you reading?
frodofan14
Send Message
on: January 15, 2010 10:31
Yeah, for some reason yaoi fangirls love master/servant stuff..

I was at Borders and I saw it, and I had never heard of it before but the cover looked interesting so I bought it and I loved it and I am one chapter away from being caught up with the manga :disco: and you should definately read the manga. It is so much better than the anime.

I read Haruhi Suzumiya, but I'm not an avid reader of that one because I prefer the anime, Ouran High School Host Club (who doesn't love that? I like the anime and manga equally) Fullmetal Alchemist (my favorite manga), Fruits Basket (one of the only shojos I read), a little bit of Death Note but I'm more of an anime person for that one, ummmmm yeah I think that's it! There's probably more but those are the main ones. My ranking is probably
Fullmetal Alchemist
Pandora Hearts
Fruits Basket
Ouran
Haruhi Suzumiya
Death Note
plus all the random ones I've read but don't like enough to put on the list
and then in terms of anime... hmm there's a lot. Probably
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Ouran High School Host Club
Pandora Hearts
Fullmetal Alchemist
Haruhi Suzumiya
Death Note
and I know I'm missing something but I can't think of it... oh well.

Soooooooo how about you?
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2010 12:59
Has anyone ever managed to read Earthian by Youn Kouga?
She also wrote Loveless. There was a four part anime about Earthian that made little sense and I'm having a hard time getting ahold of the manga. I did manage to get the second volume which is quite big and I really love it. It is a yaoi manga for those who want to know but it's pretty subtle about it and slowly introduces the idea, unlike current yaoi books. :rolleyes:
Other than the occasional love accented manga (see above) I read shonen manga. Right now I'm working on Gintama and Yugioh (I wonder how many people have actually read the manga?) and Bleach.
If anyone's curious about my favorites...
Gimmick (I absolutley love Gimmick! Kohei is awesome!Why aren't there more volumes?!:heart: )
Bleach
Yugioh
Rurouni Kenshin (managed to get it in Japanese)
Earthian
Gintama
With the Light:Raising an Autistic Child
Loveless
Dragon Ball Z
Only the Ring Finger Knows (the original story spanned two books. I've only seen one scan that covers just the beginning of the story, wish I could find the actual book. )

[Edited on 6/4/2010 by starofdunedain]

[Edited on 6/4/2010 by starofdunedain]
Talkeen43
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2010 08:06
Is there a difference between Manga and Anime or am I asking a silly question?

I grew up on Speed Racer, which I guess is Anime, and I've been watching a few series of (Anime/Manga?) on Hulu.com;

The Robotech series
Death Note
Galaxy Railways
Aquarion
Jyu Oh Sei
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2010 08:59
Sorry, sorry. I posted my manga likes for some reason.
Manga are the graphic novels that are not necessarily made into anime.
Anime are sometimes based on a manga but not always.
I really love Speed Racer too! I've never heard of any of those except Death Note though.
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2010 11:05
Ah! My Goddess and most of the Ghibli films are my favorite anime. I like Galaxy Railways but I've only seen four episodes.

By the way, I'm trying to find a manga that I found at a Goodwill store that looked very interesting but put it down and (my bad) :cry: forgot about. I can't remember the title but I know it's a fantasy story about a girl (I think it's a girl) who's in search of these beautiful but powerful beings that can, for a price, granted wishes. This girl's wish is to have her dead brother brought back to life.

Does this ring any bell to anyone?
gwagadoeboe
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2010 05:27
i like(d):
code geass
pokemon
and others of whcih i forgot the name xD
kpitanpupu
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2010 01:03
i like(d):
code geass
pokemon
and others of whcih i forgot the name xD

Juum sounds really cool youre new here???
i use to love pokemon miself
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Anime
on: April 25, 2012 09:16
Quote from starofdunedain on July 5, 2008, 02:39
I've gotton into a lot more anime now, NightHead Genesis,Bleach,GetBackers,Vampire Knight, Kiddy Grade, Rurouni Kenshin... I used to like Naruto a lot but I've kinda fallen out of it. There are a lot more manga than anime I like too. Oh, and I love Digimon :love: For some reason it's the only anime I'll watch dubbed. :dizzy:

Cool! I've seen Vampire Knight also. What did you think of it?
<< First7891011
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email