Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Zyvorg
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Sun Shone Forth(no new members please)
on: February 07, 2005 04:56
OOC: Ok before i start this there are a few rules.
First: run your posts through a spell checker or watch your spelling.
Second: No godmodding, if you want to godmod do it somewhere else.
Third: I don't mind if you use a race that you have made up but if you do please give some background info in your first post. But no vampires or such.
Fourth: i don't care if you've got some magic powers of some sort like healing as long as it's not to strong.
Example: you can help heal someones wounds but if they are fatally injured then it's still going to take quite some time to recover.
Also no magic that can kill large amounts of enemies in one second or something. If you want you could have a spell that kills but it would have to take as long to kill 20 orcs as if you were actually fighting them with a sword or what ever your weapon of choice is. Otherwise just have fun.

[Edited on 7/3/2005 by Zyvorg]
Zyvorg
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Sun Shone Forth(no new members please)
on: February 07, 2005 05:28
Zyvorg was sitting on on a hill near Weathertop, he didn't know why but he had always been drawn to the place since his early childhood. As sat there thinking he pulled out his pipe and lit it, blowing smoke rings which floated away on the breeze.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 05:38
(Hey Zyvorg! Hope you don't mind me joining. I will try my best with the spelling thing. My character is in the database.)

Thalianost was walking along the road near Weathertop when he spotted someone sitting on a nearby hill. He hadn't seen anyone in many days and thought he could use some company and hear what news he could of the lands ahead. Hi quickly climbed the hill and approached the man who appeared to be a ranger. "Good day, sir. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind some company."
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 01:58
( My char. that I'm using is in the database also)
Sydelle was just starting to make camp from a long day's travel, when she saw a light in the distence up on a hill. " I wonder who would be coming along this path?" Sydelle shrugged and then got out some lambas bread. I will be passing there anyways. I'll catch up and see who it is. She thought. And with that Sydelle went to sleep.
Zyvorg
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 06:08
"Sure come and sit down." Zyvorg said to the stranger. "I'm Zyvorg, what's your name?" The stranger replied. "Thalianost."
"well thalianost. woud you like some pipe leaf? I have several varieties with me."
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 06:38
"Don't mind if I do, Zyvorg. Some Old Toby if you have it." Thalianost pulled out his pipe. "What news do you have of the lands ahead?"
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 07:29
Sydelle woke the next morning at dawn. She packed up her things and started toward the hill where she had seen the campfire light the night before. She passed under Weathertop, remembering what had happened there so long ago. Sydelle took a moment to honor the lives lost there. When She got to the top of the hill, there were remains of a camp. She looked out over the land, and spotted two travelers a ways off. Quickly she started off at a sprint, soon she was 50 feet behind them.
Zyvorg
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 05:26
Zyvorg handed Thal some old Toby. "Well, Rivendell had another feast a week or two back. Gondor fought off another orc raid a few months back, and the council of the wise had another meeting, though no one seems to no what it was about. Say, who is that coming up the hill?" "I don't know" said Thal "but lets go say hi."
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 05:42
Thal got up and walked down the hill to meet the elf that was approaching them. "Hello, my lady, what can I do for you?"
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 11:42

"Not often do two travelers come alone this road during these evil times. What is your purpose here?" Sydelle answered them.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 02:04
"Begging your pardon my lady, but I dont see what business it is of yours." Thalianost said as politely as he could. "Besides, I could ask you the same question."
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 10:15
Sydelle turned to him, " it is my business! I patrol these roads. Now tell me what you are doing here. Speak quickly!" She answered, Not knowing if they were friends of foe.

[Edited on 23/2/2005 by elven_princess14]
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 01:17
"The way I see it, my business is my own until I begin making trouble, which I haven't. So weather you patrol these roads or not, my business is mine and your's is your's." Thalianost said rather irritatedly. He did not like being met with suspicion when he had done nothing to deserve it. "But if you must know, I am simply wandering and waiting to find a place or person in need of my services."
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 05:04
Sydelle looked into his eyes, she could not find any lies, or deceit, so she relented. " I am sorry, if I caused you any discomfort but there is a rumor of great evil stirring again, I cannot trust any-" She got interrupted when she heard a screech and sword. " Did you hear that sound? it can not be one of our kind." Sydelle used her Elf eye to see more......She gasped...
Zyvorg
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2005 04:22
Zyvorg strained his ears and heard something in the distance. "What is it?" he asked. "do you recognize the sound?"
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2005 04:58
(I am joining and I am a Elf and my name is Iciris, profile in database, and will someone lead me into the story. When ever I speek elvish I will have a translation on the bottom) A Elf named Iciris was traviling down the road when he spotted three other travilers, he began to run over to greet himself when he heard a noise that he didn't recognize. He stoped. "What is that foul noise I hear" He said to himself.

[Edited on 4/3/2005 by Iciris]
ShadowfaxLordofallHorses
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 11:39
(Get the information on my charter Huck Finn in the RPG character database!)

Huck Finn herd the noises up ahead but he was to tired a week to erge his horse Jack to go faster. Huck had whispered in a dry horse voice"Fallow that light up ahead" Jack had snorted and trotted as smoothly as he can to make sure his wounded master will get to safety. Huck was holding on to hes arm closely to his chest. On his shirt there was a big blood stain, wile the gash on his left cheek under his eye was getting worse.

As Huck approached the others he was having more trouble staying in the saddle. Jack knew he was week, he was trying so hard to not let his master fall, bet he did. Jack stood over Huck, keeping him awake. He Whinnied for th others, waiting for a response......

Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 12:00
He then ran over to the traviliers greeting him self but then they heard another sound.. "Look!" Iciris said to the group. "The man is hurt he needs aid quick!" Iciris and the others quickly ran over the the hurt person....

[Edited on 4/3/2005 by Iciris]
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 01:08
(((Hi! Mistah is not in the database, but she's an elf (Avari to be exact) from the far east of Arda, east of Mordor.)))

Mistah cursed silently as she urged her horse Varnassë on. She still had difficulties believing that the council had sent her to a backwater like this, instead of keeping her at the front where she was needed. She decided for the tenth time in the row to demand an explanation from Tinyril when she got back home. And she didn't even know what they had sent her here to look for!

She cursed again as she heard the schreech in the distance.

"Faica. Cormacelvi... the last thing I need," she muttered. She noticed a light up at a strangely shaped hill, and small figures moving. as she urged Varnassë closer, she noticed that some of them were moving towards a rider. By the way the man on the horse was sitting, she guessed that he was wounded.

Mistah dismounted silently at the edge of the forest. She was not hidden, but not exactly exposed either in the shadows of the forest. She smiled slightly, looking at the strangers while wondering where her animal companion was. Luckily the creature kept well hidden when around other people, because no one west of the Dark Land, and few even in the East, had ever seen a being like her companion.

(((Faica - Damn
Cormacelvi - Ringwraiths in the elven language that Mistah speaks. It may differ from Tolkien's Quenya, since it's a different dialect.)))
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 01:52
(Hello there. I hope I'm not interrupting. My character's name is Torian, and she's a woman from the land of Rohan....in Edoras. Her only companion is a fox, named Tokala. You can find her in the RPG character data base. )

It had been a long journey for Torian since she had left Edoras in search of a food supply, as her city was low on sustainants. Her water was running low, and she hadn't had anything to eat for three days count.

She recognized this new land she was in as Mirkwood....a place in which elves and other wonderous creatures reside. Torian paced the forest floor carefully, keeping sure to avoid any strangers. The only sound around her was the sound of her little fox's feet pittering and pattering on the ground.

Suddenly, Torian spotted a group of travelers on a hill up ahead. Her sharp eyes also spotted a female elf....an Avari....not twenty feet away from where she was standing. Torian crouched down low so as not be seen. If this group of travelers weren't friendly, and the she elf happened to be a foe, then I'd better keep my head down, she thought to herself. Tokala crept forward....eager to investigate the new visitors, but Torian quickly grabbed hold of the swift fox's tail, so as not to be seen.

Just the, the she elf - known as Mistah - turned her head in to look in the exact spot Torian was. She had been sighted.....
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 01:54
Oh sorry...I just realized that I said she was in "Mirkwood". I meant "Weathertop". Sorry!!
ShadowfaxLordofallHorses
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 04:18
Huck started to cry in pain. He herd the others coming, hoping tat they can help. In a dry, week , but a very sweet voice he said " Leave me here, you cant take me" His voice was breaking up in between the tears and the pain he said "Take Jack, there is a big band of Uruk-Hai fallowing me. Jack has a big gash on his back so be care full around that area" Huck new that separating from Jack Would be hard, they have know each other sense Huck was five and Jack was a young colt. Huck was thinking back to wen they were young running around Edoras together. Now may be the end. Huck is now 12 and Jack was 6.

Huck vision was going blurry, and he was having a hard time making out who these people are, He was only hoping that they can help him. The pain in his arm and under his eye was getting more and more unbearable. Things started going dark around Hunk. Jack layed down, next to Huck letting him rest. But Huck soon was unconscious...........

I will like to live, and come back for Jack once I heal up. Just a little pit of what I was planning for my character, but we just roll along with what happens! And if you want my character is in the RPG Characters database as Huck Finn.

[Edited on 5/3/2005 by ShadowfaxLordofallHorses]
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 08:12
(Umm well do you die or what?)

"I tel na niv! Hurry do somthing, he is dieing!" I dont think there is much that we can do now." he said in a sad voice. "Get
his horse, Jack, we will send him off to Edoras when time is right. In the mean time we need to hury and get him somewere other then here for aid. We must go to my home town, Rivendell, Elrond will welcome us with open hands" ...............

(Translation for "I tel na niv" is, The end is near.)
(Please tell us more abouthow you are like if you want to die or not....)
ShadowfaxLordofallHorses
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2005 04:33
(I will like to live, and get Jack back once i'm healed and all)

As Iciris tried to pick Huck up, Jack will not let him get near Huck until Iciris said something in elvish. Iciris started carrying Huck somewhere, Jack obediently fallowed.
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2005 04:44
Iciris picked up Huck and started carrying him/her. "We must go east to rivendell, and we must hurry before the orcs catch our sent!" He said looking around. "It would be faster on horse back but we have no horse so we must go on foot." Iciris pulled out a map and pointed were we will be traveling too. "Thats not too far now is it? Now we must get going. Try to hang on and dont let go Huck." He said becouse huck is hanging over his sholders....

Map Iciris pulled out click here to see it

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Iciris.HAWK/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/middlearthmap.jpg

[Edited on 7/3/2005 by Iciris]
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 07:04
Sydelle ran over to the boy," No! We cannot take him to Rivendell, he will not last the journey. I am also from there and know the medicine well. There's poison in this wound. Quickly, boil some water and give me some clean rags." Laying him down on the ground she ripped open his shirt and looked at the wound. She pulled out her knife and went to work. After she got all of the poison out of him, cleaned and dressed the wound, she put him on a bed that the others had made for him. Then she knelt over him and whispered something into his wound. "He'll live..." Sydelle told the others. "Take care of his horse. If we have to, he must be well enough to carry someone." Then she turned her attention to the new comers. " Welcome, My name is Sydelle." She glanced at each one, then spotted another in the trees. smiling, she turned toward the sound that she'd heard earlier. She'd almost forgotten that the others did not know what it was. "That sound was a Dindair. Demons of shadow who surround themselves in a field of flitting shadows that resemble reflections from a flickering torch. They sound like the ring wraths of old. their size and shape vary, as they tend to take on the appearance of the nearest creature. In the first age, when I was still young, they were used as spies for the enemy. they cast spells to bewitch the minds of men." Sydelle remembered...

[Edited on 7/3/2005 by elven_princess14]
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 08:10
"Then we should be going, shouldn't we. We must leave this place before that vile creature catches up." Thal tightened the straps of his pack and prepared to move off.
Zyvorg
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 08:45
"Wait, sydelle can they be killed with just a normal blade? If they are spies of the shadow we should not let them escape." Zyvrog said. "of course if the rest of you would rather go that is fine to."
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 10:28
After carefull speculation and "listeningtation", Torian came to the conclusion that these strangers were of no danger to her. She would rather join...where food might lay....then be cornered by the hidden she-elf.

Torian stepped out from behind the bushes, right in the path of the strangers. As they jumped backwards in surprise, Torian quickly tried to calm them down, saying, "Please...do not harm thee! If you spare my life, I will repay you most gratefully. My name is Torian, and I am a woman of the land of Rohan. I come from Edoras, in search of food and nourishment for my people. I beg you to heed me and let me travel with your company." Seeing the wounded boy, Torian hastily adds a last note to her message. "I see also that one of your company is wounded. Alas, I am also gifted in healing painful wounds. Will you let me tend to him?"
ShadowfaxLordofallHorses
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 03:35
(sorry i wasn't on in a wile, my computer crashed)

Huck herd the voices talking around him. The pain in his right arm and under his left eye has lessoned a lot. He slowly opened his eyes and in a week voice he said " Were am I? Who are you all?" With a look around he finally said " Wheres Jack? If those uruks got him, i'm gonna kill them all!"
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2005 04:26
Mistah arched an eyebrow as she sensed the presence of another mind, focused on her for a moment. So the human had spotted her already... how intriguing. These people were clearly more aware of things around them than the humans in Rhûn or Khand. But now that she was seen, there was no use in hiding any more...

She slowly walked out of the shadows, Varnassë following close behind, and stopped a few meters away from the others. Varnassë, the dark brown stallion, tossed his head and neighed shortly, as if to catch the attention of the crowd. Mistah bowed slightly towards them with a confident, almost arrogant expression on her face.

"I greet thee, people of the West. It seems me that the night will be long and dangerous, with these-" Another scream pierced the air. She sighed. "Things, in motion. The more people we are, the stronger defenses can we put up should this evil come too close, think you not? So, would you let a simple wanderer join you by the fire this night?" she said, smirking as she referred to herself as a 'simple wanderer'. Most probably because if one took a closer look at her clothes, one would realise that she was little of the 'simple wanderer' she said herself to be, being dressed up in pants and robes made of black and green velvet and fine wool with intricate embroideries.

She also had a strange weapon in her hand. It was similar to an elven sword, but it had a straight, much longer handle, about 40 inches long. The 20 inches long blade was curved like a scimitar, but sharpened on both sides. When handled right, it could prove to be a terrible weapon.
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2005 05:31
OOC/ Zyvorg, you know those LOTR rpg books you have? well that's where I got the info on the Dunair. It says that they're flaw is Grasping, Hatred (Elves) so I'll just pretend I know what that means. :OOC

" The Dundair cannot harm elves, but some humans are weak in mind and therefore are very vulnerable.No blade alone can kill these things." Then Sydelle turned to Torian. " I have taken care of his wounds. There is no need for more medicine, but thank you for the concern." Sydelle bowed her head slightly.

Sydelle then went down to the other elf that had come out of hiding, " Suilad! I am very happy to see another of my kind. And yes, if this was a normal enemy, it would be better to stay in a big group. But the dundair are not." Then turning to Zyvorg, "There is more then one, that second screech was a slightly higher pitch." she said, then embraced Mistah. ( like Legolas and Haldir did in helm's deep). OOC/ how old is Mistah??? I forgot.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2005 06:26
Torian returned the bow to Sydelle, in a very humble manner. Then she replied, "It would give me pleasure to be of service in any way possible though, as you all should now know that there is more present danger ahead. Will you not let me come with you?"

As she said all this, Tokala cautiously sniffed at Sydelle's feet, as if to measure this new stranger's aspects. To her, it was the smell of a foe. Then, ever so slowly, Tokala opened her mouth...ready to bite....
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2005 08:43
(((Mistah is 250 years old, making her quite young by elven standards.)))

Mistah stiffened at first, surprised at the warm welcome which she had not experienced earlier on this side of the dark land. Then she relaxed a bit, and embraced Sydelle back.

"Suilad, nildonya. Normal enemy or not, we may still be able to spot them sooner. Perhaps my skills can be of use in other ways. My profession as a warden of the Avarin elves have oft brought me close to utter darkness, but it seems you know more of these Dundair, so I bow to your knowledge. If there is any way I can be of help in this matter, then I will gladly do it."

She looked around into the surrounding forest. "I just wonder where Laitalë went... have any of you seen something that looks like an ethereal grey shadow that moves almost too fast for the eye to follow?"

(((Nildonya - my friend
Laitalë - Blessing)))
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2005 08:59
A slight rustling in the bushes and a tickle in the wind make Torian glance twice at the she-elf. Torian had never been on friendly terms with elves, and didn't trust them any more than she would trust a young lad to play with sharp blade. But for some reason whatsoever.......whether it was her brave wit or the elf's cunning.....she responded to Mistah's question. "Many pardons my fair lady, as I do not act accordingly in the company of elves often. I am wary of your kind, but I shall help you. I can not give you much advice but to stray far from the west side of the river. As I crossed it, I noticed that there were strange shapes following me closely -- not grey, but black in color and appearance. At least four of them there were, close together in a group, and moving at a steady pace....so as not to frighten me perhaps. I am not certain, but I believe they headed off to the far east. Does this mean anything to you, fair lady?"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email