Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Sun Shone Forth(no new members please)
on: March 10, 2005 07:16

Sydelle turned to Torian, " Those are the dundair, it seems that they are closer then I thought." Then she turned back to Mistah, " your skills would be most welcome here!" Sydelle looked at the ever growing darkness, night. "We need to get the horses settled down, and make camp." She walked over to the boy and re-dressed his wound, gave him some elvish water and put a blanket over him. " melui Firion nautha pain idhren." She whispered.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2005 01:07
Mistah thought for a while.

"Black... no, that cannot have been Laitalë. She is grey, as the clouds on a rainy day. But maybe these dundair tried to follow her, if they are drawn to magic or other outerworldly beings they would most definitely have tried."

She began leading Varnassë towards the camp, but the stallion caused trouble and did not want to move, always looking at a certain spot in between the trees. As he let hear a piercing neigh, a shadow made itself loose from the rest and came closer. It was ethereal, to the point where it was difficult to see its shape even if one knew exactly where it was. its vague forms resembled that os a very slender deer, with very long ears, extremely thin and long legs and seemingly starved body. But whatever it was, it was obviously nervous, flickering and leaping here and there with floating, gracious movements.

As Mistah approached it, it stretched out its long neck towards her. And then, just as its form blurred and it was about to flee, then She had caught it with a firm grip on its long silky mane. The creature made a mournful moan and looked at the sky. Mistah placed an arm over its shoulder and began leading it towards the fire.

"Enyala, Laitalë, enyala. Don't you remember me?"

As they came closer, it was obvious that this was no ghostly deer, as it had seemed to be at first. It had a small birdlike head fastened on a long slender neck, almost like that of a swan, but the beak was as broad as the rest of its head. Its body was short, thin but strong, clearly built to run. The legs were unusually long and thin, each ending with a small hard hoof. Its fur was a velvety grey, and it had a silky mane and a long tail ending in a plume of hair. The big eyes, which it now warily turned to each member of the group in turn, were dark as wells, with a blue circle in the middle to indicate the iris, and they were full of the wisdom from the beginning of time.

Mistah sighed. "This, my newfound friends, is a being which my people call manjaki. And this particular manjaki has, from the look of it, had a close encounter with these dundair. While we who dwell in this world see most wraiths or ghosts as shadows, Laitalë sees their true shapes, since the Manjaki has one foot in the wraith world. And these creatures have no strong resistance against evil things. I Valainar knows what she actually saw... Caita Laitalë," she said, and the manjaki obediently folded her legs together and laid down a few paces from the fire.

(((Enyala - remember
I Valainar - the Divine Ones, Mistah's word for the Valar
Caita - lay or lay down
Manjaki is pronounced man-yaa-kee. As for the appearance, look to this link: http://www.deviantart.com/view/15725040/ )))
ShadowfaxLordofallHorses
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 12:29
Huck looked around. "Whats goin on, Were are we" He then noticed a person walking over to him. Huck packed up to the wall as far as he could. He was scared and didn't know what to do, should he trust these people or what. He had a tired look in his eye, and was having a hard time to stay awake. All Huck wanted to do is to trust these people and fall asleep. But he wanted to know were Jack was. For he loves that horse, as long as they new each other. He just wanted to see him, or just know how he doin.
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 10:54
(sorry my internet crashed but I will be RPing soon I just need to have time to read all of this!go a little bit slower please untill I post agian thanks)
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 11:42
"Welcome back huck! How was your sleep?" He said smiling at him/her. "Now then, sence he is almost better we must fight or be on our way? wich will it be? I can see orcs off in the distence so make hast with your answer!"
ShadowfaxLordofallHorses
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 12:09
" Um...Hi" Huck said to Iciris. Huck was sitting in a corner against the wall. He slowly let himself spreed out. " Who are you, may I ask, and whats going on. " Huck looked around and was hearing the others conversations. He layed down a little a started falling asleep, but was still partly awake starring at the sky........
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 12:50
"The orcs got to you! You are fine now. mabey you will start to remember later but your horse is fine! He is with us.
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 01:33
Sydelle walked up to the animal, " I remember hearing about these things and have encountered them before, but never had I been able to reach out my hand and touch one." Then she crossed over to Huck. " Please do not be afraid, are you hungry? I have taken care of your horse, he is well." Sydelle kneeled down and handed huck some lambas, and berrys. Then brought out a cordel of water and gave that to him also. " I am Sydelle....Iciris, go fetch his horse. For he would like to see it."

OOC/ Huck, there is no wall. we are out in the open under the stars on a hill. :OOC
ShadowfaxLordofallHorses
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 02:27
* Oh, sorry, were at Weathertop tho, right?*

Huck took the lembas, berrys, and water gratefully. " Thanks I'm starving." he said smiling. As he finished eating, he stood up to strech his legs. Huck saw a nice group of people who he decided that he can trust. He looked up at the night sky seeing all the stars, he just felt so free in the open. " My name is Huckleberry Finn, Huck for short pleased to meat you all."
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 03:03
Tokala swiftly backed away from the strange creature, but Torian's eyes were filled with a wonder she had never known. "I have never seen something that has looked so as this...Manjaki, as you call it. It resembles that of a deer, yet no deer is there in my land that is as wonderous as this beautiful creature", Torian said. With a soft, but great sigh, she slowly turned to the she-elf, smiled at her, and held out her hand to Mistah. "I...I am sorry I ever thought wrongly of you...or your people. I know now that though many things are strange, they may also hold not only beauty, but guidance and trust as well. I ask for your forgiveness."
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 03:07
"I have got your horse Huck. here he is. What were you doing near the orcs anyway?" He said
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 11:46
Laitalë made a meowing sound as Sydelle approached her, and let herself be touched. Her skin was soft and smooth as velvet, yet under the skin the muscles were hard. As she bowed her neck and closed her eyes, another strangeness could be seen; the Manjaki's eyes closed upwards, not downwards as those of most other living beings.

Mistah bowed solemnly towards Torian, then she took her hand.

"There is no need to apologize, nildo. I understand your actions, and I would most definitely had done the same, had I been you." Mistah leaned against her spear for support. "If you have a dispute with the elves of this region, then I would be the wrong person to judge. For my people lives far away, more than a year's journey on foot to the East, beyond the dark land that you call Mordor.

We are of the Avari, in case you have heard of those; if not, which is understandable since very few knows of us these days, then I may tell you that we are the descendants of those first Elves that refused to go over the Sea when the Valainar came to bring them to their land."

She turned her head to Huck as he presented himself, and addressed him with another bow. "Mithcolleríel Minthirásien, at your service. But most people call me Mistah. Sydelle and this... Iciris, said something about orcs. I have noticed they are quite common here in the West. Do they give you any trouble here?"
ShadowfaxLordofallHorses
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 03:23
" Nice to meet you all. I am from Ingleswood Forest. Its north of the shire, it a small patch of forest but it was the only place I can go at the moment, so now me and Jack live there by are selves. " He turned to see Jack and Iciris coming his way. " Jack" he said walking up to him. He turned to Iciris" I was running away to some were else, taking Bucklebury ferry over to it, and when I was half way between Bree and here, some uruks decided that they were hungry." Huck started petting Jack along his neck and softly talked to him. Tho Huck felt safe something wasn't felling right......

[Edited on 15/3/2005 by ShadowfaxLordofallHorses]
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 11:48
Sydelle smiled and glanced at Zyvorg which hadn't moved for 3 hours. he's thinking
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 12:18
(LMAO!!!!!!)

"Now then. may we be on our way?" Iciris said. "We should go visit Edoras. I heard somthing about sourmen betraying rohan! We must hurry to Edoras to speek withthe king! This has been bothering me all this time. What if he trys to take over Rohan? We must go South East to reach it. Make haste now!" Iciris said as he looked at everyone
including the mental case that has been thinking for all these hours Zyvorg (LMAO!!!!!!!!!!)

( I could not think of anything good to say. hope this is OK.)

[Edited on 15/3/2005 by Iciris]
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 05:16
"We must first deal with the problem at hand. like I said before, the dundair do not like elves for elves have magic and power. They tend to follow the lesser people." Sydelle answered. She heard another shrill shreak. Sigh

No one is ever safe anymore
Halls are cold and empty
People flee to the mountians
evil spreads again
Is there a soul who will still stand and fight?
If there are, they are few
Evil is close now, ever drawing closer
Fear caves in peoples heart and strength
what now has the courage to fight?
Many a brave man have died fighting
Now who is left?
For the strength of men is failing
The strength of men is dead
Who now has the bravery to fight?

Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 11:17
Mistah lifted her weapon up onto her shoulder. "So what do we do?" Laitalë rose, went over to Mistah with fluid movements and leaned her head onto her other shoulder while listening to the discussion with obvious interest.

"They fear elves you say, and cannot be touched by physical weapons. Can they be killed at all, in any meaning of the word?"
ShadowfaxLordofallHorses
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 04:12
Huck herd the conversations and softly said" What I think I'm hearing is the fear of the evil things, muck like the ones that almost killed a close family member of mine. " he looked up and sighed.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 05:42
After about 3 hours of thinking, Thalianost finally spoke. "Well, I'm not entirely sure what these things are, but if they fear the elves than it is clearly safest to be accompanied by an elf. Having said that," Thalianost bowed to Sydelle, "my service is yours my lady. Until such a time as I am inclined to part your company."
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 05:01
Sydelle bowed, "thank you." then she turned to Mistah. " They can be killed only by a wizerd. And they will not come with-in 10 feet of an elf. Come we must travel close together, for we have lingered here to long." Sydelle packed up her stuff. then she turned to Huck,"can you ride?" she asked him.
ShadowfaxLordofallHorses
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 10:34
Huck looked over to Sydelle, looking down he said " I think so, were are we going? Why do you saw we lingered here to long, a day doesn't seem long, on my opinion." Huck looked up sadly and said " Why are we running away from these creatures? What can they do to us?"
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 05:42
Sydelle looked over at Huck. " too many question's young boy. you will learn in time, be patient." then she rested her hand on top of his head for a second. /OOC Zyvorg is going to post soon probably! :OOC
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 03:13
Mistah slowly nodded, and pondered over Sydelle's words as she went over to Varnassë, talking to herself, or perhaps to Laitalë; "Wizard, wizard, now where have I heard that before? Hmm... Oh yes, those two strange fellows in blue garb who came to the temple when I was still studying... Interesting if there are wizards here as well."

Laitalë stood nose to nose with Varnassë, obviously communicating in some language only they understood. "Laitalë, cena corima!" Laitalë nodded shortly, and then she was gone, too fast for anyone to notice.

"I can as well follow you," Mistah said as she mounted. "It could be... interesting, to see what means this wizard has to drive away creatures as these dundair."

(((Cena corima - scout around)))
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 06:23
"Aye. I have heard talk of these wizards. Perhaps it would be best if I came along with you, as I have had dealings with wizards before, although you may not think it", Torian said to Mistah.
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 08:05
"Wizards? I must come as well!" Iciris said. He then looked over at Mistah and said "I tel na nev! I can fill it!" He said with worry in his eyes.

(((The end is near))))
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 09:08
Mistah smiled briefly at Torian. "Of course, you may come. I cannot forbid you, can I? I doubt however that it is the blue wizards we will deal with. They are, as far as I know, still in the city of Osto Helcaría up north, in the eternal ice, burying themselves in old tomes."

Then she frowned as she tried to make out what Iciris had said. Then she shone up. "Ah, yes. Forgive me, I am not very familiar with the western tongues. The end? Do you mean the Ambar-metta, or something less unpleasant?"

(((Ambar-metta - the ending of the world)))
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 10:08
With a sigh of relief, and a small bow, Torian said to Mistah, "You are most grateful, my lady. Thank you! Would it be much trouble should my fox come along as well?"
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 01:08
"Of course not! Familiars and companions are very important, be it Manjaki or foxes, since animals have senses we lack. Not to mention their good company during harsh journeys where most people would have gone mad had they been alone. It's a beautiful animal, by the way," she added with a smile, nodding at the fox.
Zyvorg
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 03:13
((sorry about the lack of posting, i had the flu.))
Zyvorg stood up and said. "Actually if i remember correctly the dundair can be defeated with fire. Yes a wizard can kill one easily but they are not beyond the abiltiy of elves and men. I am sure that at least several of us carry elven or otherwise enchanted blades which can damage any foe of shadow. The rest may use torches or apply lamp oil to their blade. I say we stand and fight. After all we do have wounded among us who should not be moved." He then waited to see what the others wished to do.
ShadowfaxLordofallHorses
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 03:19
Huck looked at Zyvorg then up at Sydelle and laughed " Trust me, I can ask a lot more questions than that!" Huck walked over away from the group and sat down to smoke his pipe. He looked up as he herd Torian ask Mistah if she can go. Huck soon got up ans asked " Will it be any trouble if I came along?"

(OOC: This feels weird...I have my best friend, the doctor, and a few nurses watching everything I type!)

[Edited on 20/3/2005 by ShadowfaxLordofallHorses]
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 03:42
"Of coarse not!" Iciris chuckled." I am an elf so may I come with you?" He asked. "You will have my bow and sword through this journey!" Iciris said as he smiled.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 04:57
It was such a humorous moment, having a conversation being made so serious when it shouldn't be, that Torian let out a small giggle and answered, "Heheh....thank you! I'm sorry for being in a rather uptight disposition. I do agree with you though; animals can come in handy. Why, just yesterday I was starving of thirst, when this little creature led me to a water source in my time of need." Then she glanced at Tokala, who looked up at her with a slight "tinge" of a smile in return. "What do you think, little one? Ready for another adventure?", Torian said. As if in the know, Tokala nodded in reply.
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 05:47
/OOC I will be gone this weekend, and so will Zyvorg. if you want, you can play my char. 'till I get back. prefferebly another elf...Mistah? if you want...otherwise you can let someone else. :OOC
ShadowfaxLordofallHorses
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2005 03:00
Huck started packing up his stuff, then walked over to Iciris and looked up and ask " Do you mind if you can tack up Jack, please?" he said smiling. "Jack is really good at finding easy trails, and will try to protect us from any danger as much as he can" Huck soon had relized that he had so much energy to do someting, but some how he felt restricted to do it.

(OOC" It feels good to be home!!! But it was fun in a way delivering the food to other people, the people that work at the hospital now me by name...my stitches itch)
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2005 03:24
(((Tack? whats that mean? lol))))
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email