Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First89101112Last >>
Author Topic:
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: KEEP: Renegades (Free for all, Men, Elves, Sauron Spawn, whoever!)
on: June 04, 2005 04:06
Menel heard Thon come over and stretch out. She rolled over and looked at him, smiled and then sat up. She leaned over and whispered softly, "How I wish I didn't have to get up and do watch right now." She kissed his cheek and then rose from her bedroll, going over to Marakian and kicking him. "Time to get up, ranger." She then walked past Brêgion and over to where Ainu stood.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 04:16
"Mm!" Marakion slowly opened his eyes, "Mmm. Have I died and gone to heaven?" Menel drew her foot back for another kick, "Alright!!" The Ranger shot upright and checked the buckles of his swordbelt. "I'm up."
Grumbling he wandered to the opposite side of the camp as Bregion settled down and Ainu continued watching.
He leant against a tree, scanned the area, then settled to watching Menel as she moved.
She really would be a prize. He thought to himself. There's a lot I could do with her and I bet she'd love doing it as well! He grinned wolfishly in the darkness. Bregion had it right when he talked about her. Only, she isn't playing a part. She'd love to have any strapping Ranger in her bed! He hunkered down and set to wondering just how he could make it so that he was that Ranger.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 04:29
Ainu nodded in greeting as Menel came over. Bregion walked away, shooting him a dark look. The minstrel shrugged and turned his eyes on the trees.
"At least know that I have nothing ill to say of you," he said to Menel, fingering the blade at his hip lightly from boredom "And I have the deepest respect for Ethoner. Whatever happens, you can still find a friend in my direction."
He turned and glanced over his shoulder, catching sight of Marakion, who's eyes were trained on the elleth as she kept to her duty.
Staring like a ignorant child when his eyes should be on the trees!
"That fool would let an enemy walk right past him," Ainu said disdainfully, shooting the ranger a snornful look, then turning back to the watch. "If there is any mortal here that I detest, it has to be that one."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 05:23
"We are not the only ones, Ainu, and I thank you for counting me amongst your own friends." She looked around for a moment and then said, "I know Brêgion is right about one thing, and that is that I have not been acting normally. I cannot explain it, what happens to me when Ethoner looks at me. I seem to lose all sense of everything, except this strange warm feeling..." her voice tapered off as she noticed something. "Ainu, go wake the others..someone approaches..."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2005 05:19
ooc- I have been told that my last post confused some. I will explain what is going on with Earendel. She would have liked very much to give Faron a slap or 3, and say a couple of dozen nasty words to him, but never got the chance. Because of her time with humans she learned that some times if you cant get at the one you want to hurt, sometimes, it works to hurt or confuse someone they care about, in this case the one closest to Faron is Brêgion. Earendel has zip interest in Brêgion, she is leading him on, for the purpose of slamming him later. Hope that put some minds at rest.

ic- Earendel had not gone back to sleep. She had noticed that stupid ranger not paying any attension to what was going on so she was watching the trees beyond him, her ears alert to any sound. When she heard Menel.

"Ainu, go wake the others..someone approaches..."

Earendel was up in an instant. She made sure her sword was in an easy drawing position. She walked directly over to the side of camp away from Menel and looked extra carefully, listening more closely, she did not what any surprises from this direction.

Earendel had confidence that if the trouble was too big that she would know in plenty of time to help
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2005 06:03
((Aww, that's mean! *hugs Bregion and ducks flung objects*))

Galenfea had been able to hear whisperings and scufflings for a while, as well as a sharp slap that made her wince in sympathy. What really woke her, though, was Menel's voice.
"Ainu, go and wake the others... Someone approaches..."
She sat up and looked about. She couldn't see anything, but her friends were moving about, getting ready for the coming fight. She shook Gaeron awake and went over to Ainu, standing beside him as he looked into the forest around them.
"What is it?" she hissed.
He shook his head. "I'm not sure."
She nodded a little, nocking an arrow to her bow. She didn't draw it, just watched. Several lessons had been learned from what had happened to Gaeron when he approached their camp.
Speaking of Gaeron... She looked round and smiled to see him on his feet, leaning on a tree for support, the knife that Earendel had given him in his hand. Galenfea made a mental note to thank Earendel herself for that. It had been a very kind deed.
--- All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2005 07:06
OOC: Before responding to this post, go read the OOC thread, please.

IC: Menel was suddenly up in the tree above Ainu's head, moving swiftly across on the limbs to the other side of the road. She was watching for movement in the bushes that would signal an impending ambush, but none came. There was only the slight figure creeping along by itself. She raised her bow and prepared an arrow, just to be cautious.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2005 08:25
Ooc - Okies, let's make my presence felt. And lol Galenfea, it's nice to know that the slimeball has one fan.

Ic - Thon was woken by a nudge in the ribs from an unnamed foot, likely Ainu. He was on his feet and ready for battle in seconds and had latched onto where the sounds of approaching footsteps were coming from a little later.
Odd. Only one rhythm, easily followed among the night sounds. One person, alone. A scout for a larger group? An unfortunate traveller? Only time would tell. Meanwhile Thon set his stance and waited.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2005 10:20
(((Sorry for not replying for so long, I've been off to a friend during the weekend)))

Hoshash had been running after the riders all the time since they left the cave, and when they finally made camp she had fallen into a pile of leaves just outside the circle of light made by the fire and was now sleeping soundly. Now and then she moved and muttered in her sleep, but did not wake up.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 05, 2005 02:48
Ainu nodded and went over, nudging Thon with his boot, then returning to his watch position. He slipped behind a tree, peeping around in the direction that the footsteps came from, wondering who it could be. He suspected that whoever it was didn't know they were here, or he wanted to find them and was counting on not being hurt. It would do no good to take chances and assume the approacher was a friend, however; He slowly drew an arrow from the quiver and got it ready in the bow, wincing slightly. His forearm was still sore, but he had decided it needed using or it would never heal.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 07:13
Menel could see a good way into the distance from her perch in the tree. She signalled to one of Brêgion's elves that it was a lone figure on foot that approached and then she dropped to the ground behind him silently and moved along in the shadows, bow at the ready, as he approached the unseen camp.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 09:06
Hoshash opened her eyes slowly, afraid that the dream she just had was more than a dream. She had gotten used to the loneliness that had dominated her mind since some time ago, when the rumour that the Eye had fallen had spread among the orcs. But when she opened her eyes, the presence she had felt all the time earlier was not there. She didn't miss it.

She yawned and took a swift look around, the blue eyes glimmering faintly in the light of the fire. It seemed that no one from her 'pack' was in the camp at the moment, so when she went over to fire and sat down next to it, she kept her distance.

(((If anyone is interested, there is now a new picture of Hoshash, the way she looks IRL, in the character data base )))
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 03:45
Gilan continued forward with nary an inkling that he was being watched from about six angles. he did know however that there was a fire up ahead. "Hopefully the people up ahead aren't very jumpy." Gilan could imagine himself skewered from five arrows or swords before he could say a word. As he got closer the hairs on his neck stood up in warning, but turning around he couldn't see anyone. Taking a deep breath, Gilan tried to look a little less frightened and tired, and took the last few steps into the camp.
The first thing he saw was a few sillueted people infront of the fire. Seeing they had weapons Gilan held up his hands and said in common, "I am unarmed. I am tracking a group of travelers with a message."
One of the figures in front of the fire spoke, "It is a strange time to wander this forest unarmed."
Suddenly another person spoke behind Gilan makeing him jump, "Especially if you're going to wander into somones camp."
Gilan turned around quickly and was surprised to see an elf with a bow drawn and waiting. Looking back at the fire he noticed that one of the people was human, another an elf, and another that ,Gilan couldn't believe it, looked like an orc. What a strange group. Gilan thought. Something clicked with Gilan, This must be the stragly diverse group Holodrum spoke of. "My commander gave me this package with instructions to give it to a captain in charge of a group he said he had traveled with." Gilan said, his words more confident then his voice.
"Who is your commander?" The man near the fire said.
"His name is Holodrum." Gilan said now a bit more nervous as more figures came out of the woods,How many are in this party?
The man and the elf at the fire exchanged glances as if they had anticipated Gilan's answer. "Give me the package." The man said. Gilan slowly approached and handed the man the package. Upon opening the map case a small map and a letter were pulled out.
The elf took the map and the man retrieved the letter. Opening the letter the man read it silently. "My dear Ethoner," it read, "I trust you are keeping you focus on your mission. Thank you for permitting me to conclude the Rite as it needed to be done. From the short time I spent with you and your group, I arrived at the conclusion that you and I are attempting to take down the same group. You, to save your brother, me, to bring mine down. If you want to infiltrate and rescue your brother from our enemy let me make a suggestion. Don't. I doubt if even those wonderfull elf companions of yours could get far without being caught. You'd need a miracle. Fortunetly for you, I have the next best thing. A distraction so huge that few if any gaurds will be left with the prisoners. Or anywhere in fact exept the front gates. Inclosed with this was a map. On it, is the possition of the site of the Rite, and also the location of my base. Do not get any ideas about takeing down two groups at one time, I will not be there much longer. By the time you get this I will be well on the way to my base with the late Trifgul's army. if you desire you can come and join me at my base and we can discuss plans. If not, I hope, for your brother, that you're at our enemy's fortress in three days. Any prisoners will either be captured again or killed, not sure which.
Hope to see you in three days, sincerly,
Holodrum.
P.S. Tell that elf and the orc, that I no longer desire there heads."

ooc:Holodrum's a little full of himself at the moment.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2005 12:05
ooc- This thread seams to be dieing or something. Dont know if my char can do anything. Will try.

ic- After one last survey of the area at the back of camp and confident that there was not more coming from that side Earendel went over to the fire and stopped be side Brêgion and looked at the map. It would not be easy to get in to that place by any route except the front gate. But is did look like there were 2 possible ways, they would be single file only and hard work but it seamed logical not to go straight in.
Eaerendel reach out a finger and traced the possible route on this side of the map.
Brêgion nodded then spoke" it will not be an easy way in. I would prefere if wounded did not go in." He looked at Earendel and shruged "I can see my wishes mean nothing to you." He continued "I would like for archers to lead the way. They may have better luck clearing the path for the non archers." He looked at Earendel again and she smiled slightly at him.

As much as Earendel hated to adimit it he spoke logically.

Earendel tunr her head and smiled more braodly at the Anui.

ooc- soory about borrowing npc.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 10, 2005 12:37
(ooc: NOO IT CANT DIIIEEEE!!!!)

"My dear Ethoner," it read, "I trust you are keeping you focus on your mission. Thank you for permitting me to conclude the Rite as it needed to be done. From the short time I spent with you and your group, I arrived at the conclusion that you and I are attempting to take down the same group. You, to save your brother, me, to bring mine down. If you want to infiltrate and rescue your brother from our enemy let me make a suggestion. Don't. I doubt if even those wonderfull elf companions of yours could get far without being caught. You'd need a miracle. Fortunetly for you, I have the next best thing. A distraction so huge that few if any gaurds will be left with the prisoners. Or anywhere in fact exept the front gates. Inclosed with this was a map. On it, is the possition of the site of the Rite, and also the location of my base. Do not get any ideas about takeing down two groups at one time, I will not be there much longer. By the time you get this I will be well on the way to my base with the late Trifgul's army. if you desire you can come and join me at my base and we can discuss plans. If not, I hope, for your brother, that you're at our enemy's fortress in three days. Any prisoners will either be captured again or killed, not sure which.
Hope to see you in three days, sincerly,
Holodrum.
P.S. Tell that elf and the orc, that I no longer desire there heads."

Ainu said nothing when the letter was finished, but waited for a comment from someone else. Bregion spoke at last.
" it will not be an easy way in. I would prefere if wounded did not go in." He looked at Earendel and shruged "I can see my wishes mean nothing to you." He continued "I would like for archers to lead the way. They may have better luck clearing the path for the non archers."

Earendel grinned at Ainu and he smiled grimly. His forearm pained him, and the pressure from having the bow drawn didn't help, but he would willingly go ahead of the others. The elf didn't want to admit his pain, anyway. That much of his pride remained.
"So..." he narrowed his eyes at Holodrum's meseenger, then put his gaze on Thon. "What do we do?"
He knew by asking Ethoner he would probably offend Bregion, who had obviously put himself in charge of them all, but he didn't mind. In fact, the idea was slightly satisfying.
I've spent too much time around men. he thought with a silent chuckle.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 12:21
Ooc - lol, no it cannot die. I've been full of exams lately but I will make an effort to pull myself out of my stupor just for you! lol

Ic - Ethoner crushed the letter in his fist, "We move out. We have three days to reach this fortress and still stand any chance of rescuing anyone. We will have to move fast." He took a deep breath and looked over the group, suddenly feeling his throat constrict as he thought about how much they had gone through together for no apparent reason. He continued, "Despite what Holodrum says none of us will be safe if he catches us within the fortress when he is in command. We will be in danger from both regimes and it is almost certain that some of us will not return. If anyone does not want to continue I will understand. This is my fight and I have no right to ask anyone else to fight it with me."
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 01:58
((My exams are finally over and I can post!))

"Only your fight?" asked Galenfea. "You forget why I'm here. If there's a chance that my friend is there as well as your brother, then you're at least stuck with me, and..." She looked at Gaeron. He knew a little of their fortress, and he was recovering fast, but he was still weaker and slower than they were. If they got into a real fight... She didn't like to consider it.
She'd have to leave it up to him, and to Ethoner, to decided if he wanted to come or would be welcome.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 02:51
Ooc - Lucky so and so!

Ic - Thon followed her gaze. "Both you and Gaeron will be welcome at my side. His knowledge will be invaluable and may keep more of us alive that if we didn't have him." The rminder that he wasn't alone, whether he liked it or not seemed to strengthen the big man and he looked up smiling, "Anyone else?"
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 11:56
"I'm coming." Ainu volunteered, offering a half-shrug "I've nowhere else to be. I've come too far to back out, and I refuse to run. Besides," he lessened the pressure on his wrist and looked around at his companions, "I won't find any rest until this is all resolved."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 05:09
Earendel spoke"Thon count me in as well. I will do all I can to stop men like Holo's from hurting elves or men."

Earendel sighed"I have no other duties or ties. I may as well help those in worse shape than me. Plus in two days I will be close ti using my bow agian"
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2005 04:56
Gilan was astounded at the groups commitment to eachother. This captain commanded such respect and he didn't even ask for it. Either they will live happily ever after, Gilan thought, or they will all die defending eachother. Gilan had been scared out of his mind, but he was more curious now as to why this group was still together. Ethoner promised no fortune and demanded no aliegence. How did this group maintain order? Hopefully he could stick around long enough to find out.

[Edited on 14/6/2005 by holodrum]
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2005 11:36
Hoshash yawned again, then she looked up.

"Guess Hoshash will stay as well," she said with a meek smile. "If you want her along, that is. Perhaps there be orcs going with burzumtarki, maybe other from Hoshash's group even."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 08:48
Menel stepped forward and placed her hand on Thon's arm. "I would figure that this would go without saying, but I will not leave your side, Ethoner of Gondor, until you tell me you know longer wish me to remain there."

She smiled up at him slightly, feeling the weight in his heart on her own for the first time. She would help Thon recover his brother, and only then would she be able to tell him of her past and see if the feelings between them remained.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 10:57
If Thon's grin got any wider te top of his head was in real danger of falling off.
"You know," He sighed as he pulled Menel into a fierce, one armed hug, "This might just work." Looking up at Bregion he simply raised an eyebrow, no words were needed.
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 10:24
Galenfea looked about at the little group. All her friends. She didn't even hate the orc any more. What was her name? Hoshash?
"Is he coming with us?" she asked gesturing towards the haradic messanger. She didn't think it would be wise to let him just go back to Holodrum, he might warn of their approach.

((Just to stop this being buried!))
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 07:35
"I agree with Galenfea. We need to keep him with us. That way, if it is a trap, we have a means of distracting them without my having to shed anything." Menel laughed lightly, and then looked to Bregion as well.

Bregion said coolly, "My company and I will accompany you, but remember that they are under my command, not yours."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 08:09
"Very well." Thon nodded towards their prisoner, "Bring him then. Tie his hands." As someone brought his hands together infront of him the tall ranger interrupted, "No, behind him. Much harder to try anything heroic that way."
As he began to gather his belongings, walking past menel in the process he muttered, "Pity, I was quite looking forward to a repeat of last time."
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 09:12
Ainu took his que from the others and threw his things together, quite ready to set out again. He was somewhat surprised when Bregion said he would come along with them, but didn't voice his thoughts. He would have prefered for that elf go back to his caverns.. but the misntrel supposed it wouldn't hurt to have extra help. They needed it.

(eloi... rawr)
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 02:16
Earendel had only to roll up her bed roll and tie it to Hyldo and she was ready to go.

After getting ready she cast the swiftest grin at Ainu.

The she turned back to Thon and said, "when ever your ready."

After which she helped get her regular passenger on Hyldo and mounted herself. Then they were all off.

(hope nobody mind me strating teh group down the road. I seem to be the last one to post on going along.)
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 02:35
ooc:This post is mainly for fun. I personally don't like Gilan much, but he insisted on sticking around. So we'll just make his stay as uncomfortable as possible, if that's ok with y'all.

Gilan was greatly relived they were taking him. He didn't fancy a long trek through forest and stream virtually unarmed as he was. "Thank you," Gilan began to say but Ethoner cut him off, "Don't thank us yet boy. Tie his hands."
"Wait I.." Was all Gilan got out before the elf tieing his hands interupted, "Should I gag this one? I dont want another foul toung while we travel."
Gilan tried again, "My toung is not..," but he was interupted again, "Nah don't bother, I'll just cut it out if he says to much." After that Gilan practically shut up and watched the group prepare to leave. He simply waited to be told which horse he was to mount.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 11:31
Ooc - Yay! Time to be evil!! fun mwahahaha!!!! :evil:

Ic - Thon caught Gilan eyeing up the horses.
"Now don't get ideas above your station boy. Our mounts are taken. You'll be walking." He felt sorry for the lad really, so young and in such a situation, but he wasn't going to be really hurt, just made miserable, so the tall Ranger didn't let it burden him.
He took the rpe binding his hands from Menel ((I assume)) , passed it through Gilan's arms so it came out at hsi front and tied it to the pommel of his saddle so he would be forced to walk at Lessana's side where he could be watched.
"All ready?" A round of nods and murmers of assent passed around the clearing. "All good. Move out!"
and they set out through the winding forest trails, a rag-tag bunch walking into what may be their deaths or salvation.
Nienna_Tinehtele
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2005 07:12
(May I join this forum?I dont really know whats going on, but it looked fun! I guess you would call me spawn of sauron because I am evil :evil: You can PM me to tell me your answer / what is going on in the story)
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2005 05:34
Hoshash sniffed the air, giving the newcomer a suspicious look. She could smell his fear, and she restrained an instinctual wish to increase it. She noticed that he was glancing at her, and she gave him a wicked grin. Hoshash chuckled to herself as the prisoner quickly turned his back to her.

(((I'm not the creator of this thread, but I have no problem with more people joining us )))
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 02:54
(ooc- time for a little more leading on of everyones favorite elf.)

As the group rode out Earendel smiled warmly at Anui with a nod, she was glad he was coming. She remembered vaguely hearing music when she was sleeping the other night and know it was him.

A couple of hours later the path widened and Earendel brought Hyldo up beside Bregion. Her words were soft but she know he could hear her perfectly well. "You know that my personal morals require me to help others. To do otherwise would make me less then I am and I can not do so for anyone." After which she gave him a half smile. The elf looked at her, for a moment it seamed he was going to object, instead he simply gave a slight nod and looked back in the direction he was walking.

(short post- just to remind evryone that this is still out here)
Nienna_Tinehtele
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2005 04:33
a fell beast landed in plain sight. A tall hooded elf sat upon it. The elf jumped off of and pulled back its hood. My glowing red eyes were visible to everyone, and also my flaming sword.
<< First89101112Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email