Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910Last >>
Author Topic:
featari_telcontar
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: KEEP: Renegades (Free for all, Men, Elves, Sauron Spawn, whoever!)
on: May 03, 2005 09:57
(Mae govannen, mellons!)
Outside of the cave, Featari Peredhel-Telcontar, daughter of Arwen, servant (raised to Maiar) of Nienna, and wielder of Aiglos, smiled. Well, she thought, I am the battle-mistress of the Maiar, might as well do something. Lifting up her mighty spear,

Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 02:08
((Featari_telcontar, I'm not trying to be unpleasant, I'm really not, but please tell me that post was a joke. Please. :twitch: ))

Galenfea sat down next to Gaeron, who looked on the point of dozing off again. However, he turned his head to look at her and smiled, nodding towards the sun that winked at them through the leaves overhead.
"That's like the breath of life."
She grinned. "Glad you feel better now."
There was a pause. Then he asked, "Why did you come out here? Was it to look for me? If so, why now? I must have been gone for months."
"I'm afraid it wasn't. You're right, for a long time you'vve been presumed dead. No, I was looking for Finnar."
"Finnar?" he gasped, "Why? What's happened to him?"
"I was actually hoping you might have an idea. The village was attacked a little while back, and Finnar was one of several that were taken captive. I must admit that I hoped you might know more than me."

Gaeron was staring at the ground. The sun had gone in, as if out of sympathy for his mood. He couldn't believe it. Finnar, his little brother, might at this moment be suffering as he had done, without hope of rescue or escape.
He started crying, just to himself, at the thought of Finnar trapped somewhere in darkness, or crying out to the Valar in pain. Galenfea put her arms around his shoulders as they shook with the force of his own tears.
"But what are we going to do?" he whispered. "We're stuck here until we've all recovered, and your friend Ethoner and that... that..." There was no word that he could think of for the captain of the haradrim that had 'rescued' him. "Come back, but every moment lost means..."
"Gaeron, calm down. You're right, we're staying here, but you'll recover faster if you don't get yourself worked up into a state. We're going to find him." She cupped his chin in her hand and made him face her. "We're going to get him home."
--- All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 07:20
Ainu noticed what went on in the cave, and he considered asking about it. In the end, he closed his eyes and drank in the sunlight, deciding not to say anything. What could he do, anyhow? Pledge his service to them, if they decided where to find this Finnar. He had nothing else to do- his entire reason for coming out here was mainly self-given exile. He had been tracking a small group of orcs in the beginning simply because he had found their path. Maybe he had been looking for a fight? He didn't know.

(OOC: cursed writers block from hell. kill it! kill it now! I'm a little confused.)
featari_telcontar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 10:03
(Mae govannen. Yes, I was joking. I wanted to help your RPG, but I have an awful case of writer's block and I had no idea what to put. My ego isn't quite that large! Anyway, sorry if I disrupted you storyline. I'll try to think of a (better) character to pop into you story. Navear, Featari.)
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 11:48
ooc: I'm sry I was gone so long. My brain shut down for awhile there, let's see where this goes. It may not be pretty.

IC: Trifgul paced his tent in his impatiance. He hated waiting. Constantly waiting was the curse of chaseing a cowerd though. Never in his time had a Haradrim run away from a rite, but Holodrum had. Causing Trifgul to lose face becasue of how long it was taking him to find Holo. Well at least Holodrum hadn't just walked up to his tent and caused Trifgul more shame.
"We want to see Trifgul." a voice said outside his tent said sternly.
One of the guards Trifgul had placed outside pushed the intruder back and Trifgul smiled when he heard the muffled thumping of someone being knocked on their butt. "Trifgul has given orders not to be interupted. Unless Trifgul advarcery is being dragged with you."
Trifgul sighed and lay down on his cot trusting the guard to handle this. Hearing the next comment he sat upright so fast he almost cracked his head on a pole above his bed. "You fool," the voice said, "I am Holodrum. I am comeing forward to complete the Rite of Victors with honor and..." Trifgul barged out sword in hand and glared at Holodrum. "I thought that would get your attention."
"You have no right to speak of honor, coward!" Trifgul said. He would find the fool who let Holodrum slip in and kill the man, but Holodrum was first. "First you defile the site chosen, then you run and hide for so long. I will not face such a man."
Scoffing Holodrum turned away, "Fine, but let it be known that you withdrew from a chalenge to the Rite of Victors. A greater cowerdly act I know not, especially since you believe me already a coward."
Trifgul turned and almost snarled, "Fool! You call me a coward in my own camp? I will have you killed right now."
Holodrum stood his ground, "And now you send other men to kill the coward you chose to run from. Who is more cowardly? Face me honorably if you are brave enogh to do so!"
Trifgul stared daggers into Holo, "You are still a fool and a coward, but you will die upon my blade!"
Holodrum smiled and bowed slightly, "You are most kind," he said in mocking tones.
"TO THE CIRCLE!!" Trifgul roared. The men around cheered Trifgul on and mocked Holodrum openly.
Ethoner walked along beside Holodrum. He didn't like trusting Holodrum like this, but these Haradrim were so concerned about their impression of honor he could see little other coice.

ooc: be back soon
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 08:05
Ooc - Hello again holodrum!

Ic - "TO THE CIRCLE!!" The one called Trifgul roared. Rough hands grasped Ethoner's arms and he fought them until their touch was more of a firm guide than a restraint.
The wave of men with Trifgul and Holodrum at the centre broke upon a clearing, about twenty feet in diameter. A circle tne foot across had been marked out and two sets of intricatley wrought daggers placed at opposite sides. The men crowded round this circle and set up a sibilant, hypnotic chant in the tongue of the Haradrim as Trifgul and Holodrum stepped forward.
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 11:14
Holodrum looked around at the circle and the men crowded around it. He had expencted to have a much larger group on his side, but Ethoner would do. After all, Ethoner had fighting skills rivaling his own. With so amny of Trifguls men around, Holodrum was afraid some of them would try something. Hopefully Ethoner would be prepared, just in case.

Trifgul paced slowly stareing at Holodrum, but listening to the men around. he knew the bets were being made, and if anyone dared go against him there would be swift deaths after this was finished.

Holodrum grabbed the dagger from the edge of the outer circle and twirled it in his hand. Such skill was placed into these daggers. The dagger was lighter then he had anticipated, so he got himself used to the weight and waited for Trifgul to grab his own. When he did, the crowd shouted louder and the match began. The two combatants charged and the blades connected with a clang that was muffled and unheard because of the men. Holodrum and Trifgul pushed eachother back and circled looking for openings. Striking left Holo hoped to end it, but Trifgul blocked and came back on with a thrust that Holo avoided. The fight continued, and niether side got a clear advantage. Slash, perry, strike, avoid, Holodrum was glad the dagger was so light, he couldn't have gone too long with a long sword. The crowds quieted down and watched the fight with the occational shout and groan when the bladed sang and missed.
The fight went like this for what felt like hours. Each side takeing injuries, but niehter giving up. Both combatants had scratches and wounds in several places, but they paid no attention to them. Every now and then one of them would get a very succesfull hit in and the other would be on the ground, but he always got up again one way or another. Holodrum was feeling tired from the constant movment and action. Trifgul must have been as well, "I'm just getting started boy. You're a dead man." Holodrum laughed. " Not today." Trigful brought his blade down toward Holos head, but Holodrum blocked and twisted around to slash at Trifgul.
Suddenly Holodrum tripped, on what he didn't know, but he landed and fear crossed his face. Trifgul roared victoriously and bore down. In a last effort Holodrum rolled left and avoided Trifguls reckless stab by a hair. Quickly Holodrum rolled back pinning Trifguls knife beneath him. Holodrum brought his knife up and pierced Trifguls left side deeply. He wasn't dead, but he was close. Staggering back Trifgul held his side, and Holodrum stood up.
Seeing the end of the fight aproaching, the men had hushed completely. Holodrum grabbed Trifguls knife and tossed it back to Trifgul. Rage in his face Trifgul caught it and rushed at Holodrum. Standing there Holodrum waited as Trifgul approached. Trifgul stabbed. Holodrum diflected the knife and with a shout brought his own through Trifguls ribs. Trifgul froze, the crowd stared, and Holodrum slowly pulled his knife out. Falling to the ground, Trifgul died.
All that was left was the ending ritual. Holodrum retrieved Trifguls dagger. Takeing both blades he wiped the blood off with a clean part of his own shirt. Then he slammed the daggers into the ground as he fell, exhausted, to his knees. "The rite is completed!" Holodrum said to everyone, and noone. Beckoning Ethoner over Holodrum and barely enough strength to get off his knees, "Help me to Trifguls tent please," Holodrum said. With Ethoners help they got to the tent and Holodrum lay on the bed.
"I'll get a healer." Ethoner said.
Holodrum reached up, "Wait.. No healer would come, yet. The body must be buried first."
"You are going to die!" Ethoner almost shouted. Despite his distrust of Holodrum he couldn't just let him die like this.
"If I do.." Holodrum said slowly, "It is part of the rite.. and you are in command.. Don't count me out yet." Holodrum fell into an uneasy sleep where he stayed for along time.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 07:59
"Bugger." There was little else that could be said to encompass just how screwed the Ranger was now that the only one who understood what in the name if Eru had just happened was out cold. "These Haradrim are crazy." He added, just for good measure, "Now, he said something about burying the body. Let's see to that, find out just where I am in this mad little fiasco."
Now Ethoner knew a few words of Haradic, nothing he'd say infront of his mother and his accent was horrific, so it was worse than useless frankly so he confidently strode over to the nearest man and spoke to him in Camptalk.
Camptalk is a mixture of most languages, a little Westron, a little Elven, a little Haradic even a little of the Black Speech. Most men who had ever doen any mercenary work knew it so odds on this chap did.
"Well Met new friend. There is work to be done. Who will do it?"
The man's eyes narrowed. "I no new friend. I old enemy. Work is for Trifgul's friend. You sit nursemaid for you friend, we do work." He picked up his spear and stalked away.
"So much for that idea." thon sauntered back to the tent, on guard, "Now where did Caramon and company end up? Typical fo them to miss the excitement."
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 10:55
Hoshash began to mutter and moved in her sleep. Then suddenly she shouted and jumped to her feet, a dagger in each hand. She took a step back as the fog of the dream disappeared from her mind and she noticed the others looking at her.

She smiled meekly and put the daggers away. Then she crept together a bit and scurried over to the cave door to take some deep breaths of air. As she reached the door she began sniffing the air.

"Hoshash smell tarki blood. But faint, on the wind," she mumbled.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 05:03
Ainu instinctivly sniffed the air at the orc's words, but could smell nothing; that was no surprise to him.
"I hope that means our friends were successful..." he sighed, thinking darkly that any of them might have fallen by now. The desire to go after them and find out forhimself was overwhealming, and he turned to his companions, wondering if he would be foolish to ask them.
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 08:35
Galenfea sniffed the air, then put her head on one side and listened.
"Hear anything?" breathed Gaeron.
"No, so it seems that whatever fight Hoshash smelled is a long way off." Galenfea looked up and caught Ainu's eyes, reading in them the wish to go out and scout. "I don't think anything we can do will either help or endanger them now, and if it endangers us, skulking in a cave will be no use. I move we go and see what's what."

((Sorry so short... ))
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 12:44
That was all the push menel needed. She slipped back inside and grabbed her bow. Elron tried to stop her, but with a flick of her wrist, there was a blade in her hand. "You cannot keep us here. Something has possibley happened to our friend, and we are going to see what is happening." She glanced at the two injured ones and said,"Do not worry, we will be back for you."
She stepped back outside and looked at Ainu and Galenfea. "Well? Let's go." She slipped her bow on her back and scrampled up into a tree and began walking from branch to branch.

OOC:Also sorry so short!
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 09:33
Ainu followed Menel, giving the elf who tried to stop them a wry grin. He didn't take to the trees, however; he stayed on the ground, planning to slip behind the trees at need. Looking over his shoulder, he gestured for Hoshash to come-- she was small and good at sneaking around, so she could help. Then he turned his eyes back on the path ahead, looking down to see which way Ethoner had gone.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 02:16
Earendel moved the rest of the way out of the cave. As much as she wanted to go with the others she knew she wasnt up to both a long trek and fighting so if there was going to be a fight it would have to come to her. She would be ready for it.
She spoke to Faron"Be happy that you won enough for me to stay here. But I will be ready for a fight if it comes here. I am not defenseless and I will not pretend to be. So deal!"
(( uh oh watch out for the elf with an attitude:evil)
He sighs. "I can plainly see that you are not helpless and I would never ask you to act as if you are."
Earendel raised an eyebrow at him and shruged.
Which brought a chuckle from him. "Wishing for you to accept my touch has nothing to do with you being defenseless. I simply want to kiss you."
Earendel snorted"Dont count on such a thing!! Its not in my plans."
Faron replies"Plans can change you know." He lower his voice so that only the three in the area could hear. "As I recall you did accept my kiss for a couple of minutes this morning so that gives me hope."
It had slipped her mind. She frown"I wasnt myself this morning. So if I were you, I would not hold much hope of a repeat."
Faron chuckled"You will find that I am patient and I feel in time you will come around."

Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2005 12:29
Galenfea kissed Gaeron on the forehead and stood up, leaving him leaning against the wall. He grinned at her and she grinned back, then headed after Menel and Ainu.
She smiled at one of the elves 'guarding' them, and said, "We won't do anything stupid, and we'll be back soon. Don't worry."
Then she was after them, taking to the trees as Menel had done, so that she could travel fast and quietly, but spare her twisted ankle.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 07:05
Hoshash shone up as Ainu gestured for her to come. She put her daggers back into her belt after brushing some dirt off them, then she hurried out of the cave. As she stepped out into the bright sunlight she squinted and muttered some words in orcish. By the sound of it, it was definitely curses. Then she walked over into the shadows of the forest, and from there she followed Ainu and the others.
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 07:39
Holodrum groaned. Where was he? He was covered by a soft cover, felt like a soft fur his mother always made the beds in her house with. Of caurse he was visiting his father for his Life Day. Darios was talking incesently about going with the army to attack Minas Tireth(sp?).
Holodrum didn't want him to go. If Darios went Holo would have to go and protect him, Father would insist. There were better jobs then war. The army was amassing today, Holo had one last day to convince Darios. Rolling over Holo tried to lift himself up on a small bedside table he knew would be there. The table wasn't there though and he landed facefirst on the hard ground.
Groaning again, Holodrum lifted himself slowly into a sitting possition. He reallized in seconds that he had flashed back to 2 months ago. His brother was always eccstatic about fighting, Holodrum was intent on getting Darios back home now. Things must be done now. "The rite ended," Holodrum said to himself, "I intended to have alot more of my people here. I'll have to be on gaurd now." Sighing he tried to stand up, but his legs were sore from injuries and just plain sore, so he sat down quickly on the cot again. "Ok a few more minutes. Wonder how long I've been out."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 08:22
Ooc - Yay! I can post!!!

Ic - "About four hours, give or take." Ethoner ducked inside from where he had stood guard, "Truth be told i'm surprised you're up so early, you took quite a beating." He paused, "Not as bad as Trifgul though."
He sauntered in and sat beside Holo on the cot, "So. Tell me. What went on. What have you won? What does it mean? Are we in danger? What do we do now? That kind of thing."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2005 10:49
Menel dropped silently from the trees five feet in front of Ainu and pointed. Brêgion and the others were scattered throughout the area. She approached Brêgion soundlessly and he turned in surprise when she tapped him on the shoulder. He looked past her and saw the others and frowned.
"What are you doing here?" he whispered in a voice so soft the human ear could not discern it.
"We got tired of waiting in a dark cave. The orc smelled blood."
"Trifgul is dead. Now we are waiting to see what happens. If you will be here you will be silent." He turned his back on her angrily and she retreated to tell the others what she had learned.
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2005 05:39
Holodrum jumped when Ethoner spoke up from outside, "About four hours give or take."
Ethoner walked in and Holodrum lay down saying, "I'm almost glad to see you." Holodrum smiled to show he was kidding.
Continueing Ethoner said, "Truth be told i'm surprised you're up so early, you took quite a beating." He paused, "Not as bad as Trifgul though."
"Truthfully, I'm almost as bad." Holodrum laughed ruefully.
"So, tell me. What went on. What have you won? What does it mean? Are we in danger? What do we do now? That kind of thing." Ethoner asked sitting down.
Holodrum looked over at him, "Could this not wait?" Ethoner shook his head. "Ah well. To put it simply, I defeated Trifgul. To explain," Holodrum quickly ammended, "All that was Trifgul's is now mine, not even the wisest could say what it all means. I do not know what you are to do, but if I am still your 'prisoner' I will soon find out. If I am free, I will take these men back to my base and move on to my next plan."
"Which is..?" Ethoner pressed.
"Since I'm exhausted and in no possition to fight, I will humor you." Holodrum closed his eyes for a minute before continueing, "I will take this new larger army, and use it to attack a rival renegade band, the same one that I liberated your wounded elf friend from." Holodrum stopped here for a long minute.
He reassimbled his thought and continued, "As to danger. I am in no particular danger untill I step out of this tent, the winner of the rite is not to be harmed until he has recoverd enough to draw his sword again." Holodrum looked at Thon, "You on the other hand need to keep your gaurd up. You are not a Haradrim, the men may not like this. I suggest you get back to your friends and plan your next move. Don't worry about me, as if you would, I have time. Not much though." Holo turned around and retreated into his own thoughts and plans.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 02:22
Thon began to wander around the tent, taking in the opulent designs on the rough canvas and massing his own thoughts.
He wasn't happy leaving Holodrum in the midst of this vipers' nest, he'd seen a command go mutinous and it wasn't a pretty sight, but he accepted that, with his limited understanding of the situation, he wasn't doing much good.
Bregion, Caramon and company were in the woods somewhere, he could get out if he needed to.
Yeah, they were out there weren't they, and they probably understood less of what was going on than him.
Right, there's a plan.
Thon straightened his uniform, squared his shoulders and stepped out of the tent, heading briskly for the tree line. One of the guards around the perimeter stopped him and addressed him in CampTalk.
"Where you go Ranger man?"
"I go for whizz! This allowed?" Thon answered sarcastically.
The man mumbled something along the line sof "It allowed." And let him past.
The tall ranger wandered to a discreet position in the wood and waited for whoever may want some information.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 04:08
Ainu could tell by Brêgion's expression that he wasn't happy with their arrival. He found as much when Menel told them what he had said.
"So the 'rite' has been completed and our prisoner has control of a new group of men?" He shrugged at his own question. "I don't understand the ways of men. Is Ethoner alright, and will he be joining us again?"
That was when his eyes caught site of the ranger standing some distance away in the woods. He hadn't seen them yet, and Ainu wondered if the elves he was with had noticed the man was waiting.He was sure they had, but just in case, he nudged Menel and gestured in Thon's direction.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 02:04
Earendel was surpirsed at how warm the rock she was leaning against was. The gently swaying of branches cuased a dance of light and shadow on her face. She was very relaxed. She fought the sleep that kept creeping up on her. She know that a light doze would do no harm. Anyone coming in thorugh the tree would wake her up as would any one walking through the room just in side the cave. She sliped into a light doze.
Earendel jumped as a hand touched her face. Faron took advantage of her surprise to plant a gently kiss on her check. His face was so close that Earendel could feel his breath on her check as he spoke. "I am deeply sorry that I startled you. I noticed you had dozed off and couldnt stop myself from sitting down a looking at your face, running my fingures over your hair, then i got bold and ran my hand over your check and you awoke."
Earendel relaxed her grip on the handle of her sword. She spoke in a whisper"You had better be gald my reflexes are still in top forum or you would have needed one of the other healers." She nods her head at her sword.
It is at that moment the Faron realises that this lovely elloth would potenially have stabed him. His grin came just a couple of seconds later, "since you nearly killed me I feel I deserve more then just a kiss on the check." He did not give Earendel a chance to say no, he simply leaned in and enjoyed a long kiss. He vividly remembered the kiss of the morning. With that as a guide he kept pressure very light and did not touch the elf maiden with anything but his lips. He had kissed enough in his 1800 years he know he was not a bad kisser. Every second the kiss continued his heart lept for joy.
Earendel was on shock this was only the second time in her life she had been kissed by anything other then a drunk human and this was nothing like that. I spite of herself she starts responding to his kiss. The hole idea of kissing had been so distastefull for so long that this was to much for her and after a couple of minutes she turned away. She blushed as she did so. She spoke in a hushed whisper," I am sorry to be leading you on."
Faron laughed softly his words gentle, he chose his owrds carefully because he senced this elloth meant what she said. "Earendel let me reassure you that a kiss is not leading someone on. Ask anyone here, even our injured friend here, they will all tell you the same thing."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2005 03:47
Ooc - Is anyone still posting in this thing?!!!:cry:
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2005 10:05
((Well, I don't know about other people, but I was waiting for you...))

Galenfea looked over at Ethoner and crept through the trees until she was directly above him. Why didn't he make any sign? Was he bieing watched? Cautiosly, she whistled like a bird - but not so similar that a ranger couldn't tell the difference. He glanced up and she waved at him. His eyes widened in shock at the sight of her, of all people, and she gestured towards where the others were waiting.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 02:34
Ooc - I was trying to be inconspicuous! I needed someone to come and talk to me. Thanks Galenfea!

Ic - Ethoner smiled and minutley shook his head, if Galenfea was out here it was likely Menel was as well. He should have guessed.
What he couldn't understand was why Bregion had not approached him before now.
Oh well.
Scanning quickly behind him, knowing that he didn't have long before the guards began to wonder what he was up to, the tall ranger ghosted silently to the toehr's hinding spot.
Caramon broke away from the group to welcome him.
"We were beginning to worry."
"You needn't have, I'm a spare wheel in there at the moment."
"What exactly happened?" Bregion's deep voice broke the camraderie between the two.
"Well, as far as I can tell, and Holodrum has told me a fair bit, He ended up with a gripe against this Trifgul and to settle it they had to undergo the Rite of Victors. A duel to the death baisically. Holodrum won, but got fairly cut up in the process. He now has control of this lot but I don't know if he can keep it, they all seem pretty loyal to the old managment."
The three inwardly digested this for a moment.
"So, I'd better be getting back. I told them I was taking a whizz." Thon began to go back.
"Wait." He turned back, "What are you going to do then?"
"I have no loyalty to Holodrum, I need to find my brother, I'll see if I can get any information out of the guards or camp followers and take it from there."
"Very Well."

Back in camp Thon was confronted by the same guard.
"You took time. Where been?"
"I told!"
"Yes, yes. No whizz take so long. Where been?!"
Uh oh!
A group of men had gathered, attracted by the rising tension.
"Kill outsider scum!" One called helpfully.
"I might well." the questioner's eyes narrowed. "Who out there?!"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 10:03
OOC: Hey Alsin...one distraction coming up...

Menel took a deep breath. They were not going to harm Thon, not if she could help it.
"Stay here." she said, setting her bow aside and unbuckling her belt. She handed it to Galenfea, and she peeked around a tree, letting herself be seen.

She had unbuttoned a button on her vest, and unlaced her tunic. Then she had unbraided her hair.
"There!" One of them called, pointing at her. She stepped out ito the open, seemingly unarmed.

"I'm sorry, I am afraid I may have distracted him. My apologies."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 10:16
Ooc - Very cool

Ic - Thon used the momentary lapse of his opponent to bolt into the tree line, feeling a slight pang of guilt for leaving Holodrum but deciding that the irascible haradrim would know best what to do and didn't need him to do it.
"Run, this could get interesting!" He called over his shoulder as he passed Menel, an approving glint in his eye.
As they reached the others, a fairly safe distance from the camp, he spun roung, breathing heavily, and swept Menel up into a bear hug.
"You absolutly wonderful little HARLOT you!!!" He laughed, "Did you see thier faces?! Priceless!"
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 11:19
Ainu had been waiting paitently through all of this. When Thon and Menel came running back to the camp, he raised an eyebrow at them but said nothing. He hadn't even noticed Galenfae moving away from them, and now he searched the trees, hoping to spot her. He didn't, so turned his eyes to the other elves, casting a wry smile at Bregion, who made no smile in return. The minstrel's mood was much improved.

holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 07:46
Hearing shouting outside, Holodrum sat up quickly and just as quickly had his vision swim before his eyes. After a few seconds of slowly exhaling he was able to stand up. Soon as Holodrum got his sword buckled, he stepped out of the tent. He still wasn't fully recovered, but he was sure he could handle what he expected. What he didn't expect was for Ethoner to be the center of the trouble, and for one of the group, that had imprisoned him to be causing a slightly mmm... Interesting distraction.
Holodrum waited for Ethoner and the the distraction to disappear. "Alright men!!" Holodrum yelled, "Pack up! We leave before nightfall!"
Most of the men heard him but were perplexed. "What's the rush?" The wispered among themselves, "Trifgul just got us set up."
One of the braver men stepped forward, "I was Trifguls Second," He told Holodrum, "We were promised a few days rest here. We have just finished a long chase through forest and stream. We are tired."
"Well then Second, I suggest you take a short nap before the march," Holodrum said threateningly, we are going back to my base. You can rest there." The Second didn't look convinced. Holodrum looked around, "I know you do not trust me, but this army is now mine. You will start moving or there will be consequences. Whatever you think though, I am not a leader like Trifgul, I will lead you fairly. I see your belongings are patched and some rust pervades your blades." There was mild grumbleing at these words, "I will share equaly with all of you. First will be a re-equiping, but only at the base. Follow me right and you will be the greatest fighting force in this land!" Many of the men looked intrigued at this. "Those who desire greater glory and the chance to return home as kings start packing up, we leave before nightfall!"
Nearly half the men went off and started collecting their items and many more joined in after a few seconds of consideration. The Second stayed where he was though, "You can't expect me to fall for your little speach."
Holodrum concidered, "Your right I don't. I expect you to go for this. Follow me." Holodrum walked back into his tent. When the Second walked in Holodrum smiled, "I'm going to be confidential with you. The first thing I plan to do when I get my army together is to attack the only other large force of Haradrim in this area."
The Second looked interested, "That army has been said to be invincible. They are locked up in a waterfall fortress. What you propose is suicide."
"They are less invulnerable then you may believe. I have personally invaded their base and escaped with a prisoner. I know of a way in and I can take the base easily. You will know my plans later, but if you want it, I will place you at the head of that army and any from the late Trifguls hoard that will follow you." Holodrum extended his hand and the Second took it.
"My name is Martone," the Second said.
"Good," Holo responded, "Preparations must be made. Will you follow me untill you are placed in the lead?"
"Through hell and high water, but don't expect me to be happy about it."
Holodrum smiled, "I never do. Now gather your gear we leave soon, and get those idiots to move it."
After the Second left, Holodrum looked around his tent, maps were spread about, cloths were haphazardly thrown about, and he knew it would take a while to pack up. Oh well, Holo thought, I'll get someone to do it. Now I need to compose a letter. Selecting a map off the floor, he got a quill and some paper and began writing.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 03:46
Menel laughed, and said, "Well, you didn't think I was going to leave you there, did you?" She kissed Thon softly on the lips and then looked at Brêgion. "Uhoh, looks like someone's not happy."

Brêgion stalked up and stared up at Menel, still held securely in Thon's arms. "You could have gotten yourself raped or killed, had those men been a little faster. That was utterly foolish of you. If you were one of my company, you would suffer dire consequences."

Menel raised an eyebrow at him and narrowed her eyes. "Then I guess it's a good thing for me that I am a member of Thon's company, and not yours, isn't it?" Her voice had gone ice cold. Brêgion cast a disapproving look from her to the tall ranger and back to her again. Menel smirked, suddenly understanding his attitude problem as he pushed past the two of them and headed back to the cave, followed by the rest of his company.

She draped her arms around Thon's neck and said softly, "Well, you have several choices, Ethoner. You can put me down, you can carry me like a rucksack over your shoulder into the cave, or," she paused, her eyes twinkling, "you can kiss me to say thank you for that little diversion."

[Edited on 24/5/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 05:40
Hoshash, who was sitting on the ground with her back against a tree and picked her teeth, gave Thon and Menel a puzzled look and shook her head. "Ghâ lati zuat tala takob bugdi agh-zash," she muttered. Then she looked up at the others to see what they would decide to do now.

(((Ghâ lati zuat tala takob bugdi agh-zash - Now they're sucking on each others' mouths again)))
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 08:25
"I think I know which I'd prefer." He leant down to her soft lips again and kissed her, swiftly moistening her lower lip with his tongue before suddenly lifting her and sligning her over his shoulder in a fireman's lift.
"Ooh!" She squeaked as he wrapped his hand firmly around her rump to support her.
"Now, I for one left most of my kit in that cave, as well as one or two people who might want to come along for the ride. You coming?"
Without wating for an answer he began to walk back to the cave, making sure to make the ride as smooth as possible for his passenger.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 07:33
Ainu stifled a laugh at Thon as he threw the she-elf over his shoulder. The other elves did not appear in the least amused, shaking their heads at eachother. The minstrel offered a shrug and followed the others back to the cave, looking over his shoulder to make sure Galenfae and Hoshash followed.

(ooc... terribly short post. bleh. )
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2005 07:46
Menel knew perfectly well what the other elves, particularly Brêgion thought of her behavior, and thought about the idea of her and Ethoner together. It was not always accepted, an Elf and a Man together, and Ethoner's playfukness with her showed an extreme lack of dignity. Of course, the fact that she had all but exposed herself to a large group of Men hadn't helped either, nor the fact that they,(her, Galenfea, and Ainu, not to mention Hoshash,) had blatantly disregarded Brêgion's orders and come to find them.
She didn't care. She was enjoying Thon's attentions and she knew that once they left there it might be a long while before he had the time and inclination to spare her this kind of time again. She was going to take advantage and enjoy it while it lasts.
<< First678910Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email