Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First910111213Last >>
Author Topic:
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: KEEP: Renegades (Free for all, Men, Elves, Sauron Spawn, whoever!)
on: July 11, 2005 05:53
This is a note to Nienna_Tinehtele, Ihave no prolem with you joining but this is a reminder some things.

1. this is a totally tolken threade and as such NONE of the powers listed in your char bio are supposed to be part of you char.

2. I am not sure if fell beast were in tolkens world or not. might want to check.

3. not sure if in a totally tolken thread your char as an elf would be allowed to have glowing red eyes.

4. dont know what the glowing red weapon is, so not sure if that works here or not.

These are just my concerns for a final word you will need to check with an admin and the originator of the thread.

Thank you

dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 12:32
Ainu, once again, was riding with Galenfae on Menel's horse. He didn't say much, but continued to bend his bow and test the strength of his wrist. The strain was painful, but he hated not having use of his best weapon- when he fought with a sword, he was more unsure of himself. When sending arrows speeding, however, the minstrel knew he could hit his target and didn't fear being hit in return.

They were going to rescue prisoners... pulling an arrow from his quiver, he set it in the string and grimaced as he aimed at a tree. He didn't shoot, but held the arrow in position, working the muscles in his forearm. His thoughts strayed back to his own captivity, years ago, then to Gaeron. A frown touched his lips. No one deserved to be treated in such a way.
"See if you can strike the tree," an elf that walked beside him suddenly said. Ainu sighed and shook his head.
"I'm going to need all of my arrows," he said darkly, and returned it to its place.

(*shakes thread* LIIIIVE!!!!!)
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 10:34
((Panics a bit))

Galenfea watched over her shoulder as Ainu tested his injured arm, trying the muscles and seeing if it could take the strain of drawing a bow.
"See if you can strike the tree," an elf that walked beside him suddenly said. Ainu sighed and shook his head.
"I'm going to need all of my arrows," he said darkly, and returned it to its place.

Hearing that, Galenfea reached over her own shoulder and counted the arrows in her quiver. It was likely that there was going to be a deal of fighting in the days to come, and she too wanted to be prepared. She was grateful for the fact that she could put ful weight on her ankle again now, and so would be able to fight as normal, but that worry had been replaced by the need to keep an eye on Gaeron.
She turned again to glance at the pensive-looking Ainu, and saw him shoot a glace at Gaeron. What was he thinking about? She remembered the scar along his jaw, and how he had touched it, almost subconsiously, when they were talking about orcs. Had he suffered as Gaeron had, but long ago?
The thought led easily on to their mission, and she wondered with a shudder what they would find at this waterfall fortress. They would be there soon, and then they'd find out.
--- All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2005 03:55
Earendel reached forward and untied her bow. She held the bow in her hand and pulled the string, it caused a stab of pain but it was still doable. There was still a day or two before it would be needed. Earendel know that by time it was needed it would be better.

Earendel smiled at Ainu, she spoke quietly. "It seems we will be able to shot by time we arrive."

holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 04:15
ooc: If alsin has no objections I'd like to say this to Nienna. This thread is a free thread so most things will stand, so long as they remain Totally Tolkien. Lord knows, my first post here was the subject of controversy for awhile, but I pulled up. You need to modify your post and bring your char down. Have a horse and throw some water in your eyes, but I'm fine with the sword. Such things are fun little tidbits, we may have a new forest fire:evil:. I hate to say this, but anyone can make a god-like character. You need to put more thought into a more normal character with heroic potential. I still welcome you so long as you wish to stay and like I said, I like the sword. Oh and Alsin, I need you to respond to these questions. I've been gone so long I've forgotten how Ethoner would answer.

IC: Gilan was not likeing his current predicament. Tied up and practically dragged behind the leaders horse. Most strange, he thought, for the leader of elvs to be a man. He looked around, hopeing to find someone who may think the ropes around his wrists less then nessesary, but noone seemed to be paying him the slightest bit of attention. Hopeing this was an opportunity to speak he said softly to the man, "If I may ask," he said, "How did you, a man, come to lead a company of mostly elvs, and an orc? Speaking of him, or her... how did the orc survive for 3 seconds in the company of elvs?" Ethoner apeared to be concidering his answers, but before he could say anything Gilan asked, "Are these ropes truely neccesary? They are most painfull, and I'm not so proud as to try and do anything stupid if they were off." After Gilan was done he clamped his mouth shut very tightly in case someone wanted to make good on their promise to cut his tounge out.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2005 08:32
Ethoner considered for a second, "Well, we got thrown together by circumstances and I appeared as one the others would take orders from, therefore I lead but only as long as the others are happy with me. As for Hoshash, well she proved helpful a while back and I thinks he's quite sweet and often handy to have around so the Elves stay their blades. And as for the ropes, you may not be proud enough but you strike me as someone who may be daft enough, given the oppurtinuity. The bindings stay on."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2005 01:14
"I agree with Ethoner. the bindings remain in place. We have had far too much trouble from his associate, and I want none from him." She leaned back slightly and looked the boy up and down. "Kind of scrawny to be travelling with such a group. Wonder what kind of debt he owes?"

OOC: Yes, I am back! and no this shall not die. Menel will not let it!
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 22, 2005 01:24
Ainu noticed Galenfae observing his scar. He pretended he didn't see her; in truth, it made him uncomfortable. He would have liked to forget it was there, and forget how it had gotten there.

Earendel smiled at Ainu, she spoke quietly. "It seems we will be able to shoot by time we arrive."

"I certainly hope so," he replied, opening and closing his fist. His arm still hurt- he didn't know how long it would hold out with the bow before losing its strength.

The minstrel listened as their 'prisoner' spoke, then at the replies from Thon and Menel.

"Kind of scrawny to be travelling with such a group. Wonder what kind of debt he owes?"

"I suppose there's no telling, unless he tells you himself," Ainu casually remarked, "but we've already threatened to cut out his tongue for speaking, so we may never know."

With a heavy sigh, he tried bending the bow again.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2005 12:08
Ooc - I'm gonna be away for about a week. I will try to get to a comp in that time but i can't promise anything. Just poke Thon about, you know kinda how he'd react.

Ic - "Or what debt is owed to his father." Thon put in, joining in the assessment of their 'companion'. "I've seen enough young men end up in the Rangers because their Fathers provide funding or are supirior ranks to the recruitment officers."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2005 02:21
ooc- I hope nobody mind me pushing this ahead a few hours, otherwise we will never get were we are going.

ic- As the hours passsed Earendel continued to pull her bow string from time time. She know that was likely to be great need for it when they arrive at the fortress.

When Earendel caught Bregion watching her work with her bow, she smiled slightly at him but did not say anything. She knew it could be a danger game she was playing, intensionally misleading a power elf, on top of a dangerous mission.
ooc- shakes thread. Wake up!
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 26, 2005 04:29
Ainu had quite given up on working his arm-- it had started to hurt a lot, and he didn't want to be completely out of comission if a fight came soon. They had been traveling for some time now-- he wondered how close they were to their destenation.
Easiest way to find out? Ask.
"How close are we?" The questioned was directed at whoever could answer- but mainly at their 'prisoner'-- the elf looked over his shoulder at the captive for a response.

(dunno what to say...)
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2005 11:57
Ooc - It's eleven O'clock at night, I've just come back from building a musical in a week. I cried along with everyone when we left and I want to be back there, with computers.
I''m tired and will post when I have slept!
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2005 01:13
Galenfea also glanced at their captive, but most of her attention was focussed on the darkening sky. "If it's more than a few hours' journey, we'll be travelling through the night. Loath thought I am to stop, perhaps we should do so in order to arrive better rested and run less risk of being attacked or arriving unawares in the dark." She narrowed her eyes at Gaeron, who had turned a disbelieving glare on her. "You know I'm right, lad."

((Performs mouth-to-mouth))
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2005 02:20
They had been riding for many hours but there was still many more to go.

But there was one question that would not wait till the last minute. Earendel spoke"Thon, have you desided which of the 2 side entrances we will use? Niether will be an easy access. Which is probaly a good thimg because there will likely be less gaurds if they feel the ways in are not truly ways in."
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2005 10:18
"Can I see the map?" Galenfea took it from Ethoner and peered at it. "Perhaps this entrance would be best; it looks to be further from the main entrance to the base, and with the waterfall there it would be hard to enter, so what you said will certainly apply."
"And the prisons are near the waterfall," said Gaeron softly, picking at a scatch on his arm and not looking at anyone. "Within easy hearing distance, at any rate. We may be more easily able to get in, take those we came for and get out again."
"But that may mean more guards," mused Galenfea.

((Come on, guys!))
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2005 08:25
ooc: ok this will be short, but I'm still here. I'm leaveing Gilan in your exelant care, so I'll be takeing Holo's post again.

IC:Holodrum looked up at the rock walls and smiled. It was good to be home. After so many days out he was glad for the security, and comfort his base would afford him. "Open!!" Holodrum comanded.
A head emmerged around a rock and looked down on Holo and the men coming up with him. "I take it your time was successfull!" The man shouted.
Holodrum called back, "We had a few adventures, but I am returning with the late Trifguls men if that's what you mean oldtimer."
"Very well." The man said. A small door opened at the base of the wall and two men came out to take Holo's horse.
"Make sure she is well fed, this horse is not stupid enough to take anything but the best." Holodrum said as he walked in the door. Astin, Holo's second, met him inside the door. "Ah good," Holo said, "just the man I wanted to see. These men," Holodrum indicated the group walking in behind him, "were Trifgul's. Have them tested, outfitted, and placed as quickly as possible. The treasure is ready to be taken. Marton here," Out of the late Trifguls mass Holo pulled a man, "Is to be placed at the head of a company. Just below you my friend."
Astin saluted, and started shouting some orders. Holo stopped him and said, "For the next two hours noone is to disturb me after that you may come to me with problems if there are any. You can handle this group that long can't you?"
Astin smiled, "I handled them for the last few days a couple more hours will make no difference."
Holodrum nodded, "I intend to make a general address to the heads of company and above. Make sure they are all accounted for and ready to meet at my call."
"Yes, sir." Astin said, "OK Men let's get the new guys ready."
Holodrum walked away and down a hall untill he found his quarters. He wasn't sure how they had found this base, but he was glad they had. Settling in Holo rested for a couple of hours and knew he had a couple more as astin was more than capable of handleing what he was assigned.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2005 07:25
(( no one seams to be willing to move this story forward. So I will try, we have been on this one night for many weeks now))

The group stopped for a couple of hours of sleep at some point during the night.

It was still dark when the sound of the waterfall reached the ears of the elves.

In the predawn gray the water fall appeared without warning. There was no sign of gaurds onth out side.

hope this works for everyone.

((now someone can pick up from here for a bit, mouth to mouth continues on this thread.))
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 03, 2005 07:50
When the waterfalls suddenly appeared, Ainu scanned the area and saw no guards- but that didn't mean there weren't any. The small company moved back into the shadow of the trees quickly, silent for a few tense moments.

Ainu dismounted and helped Galenfae down, then turned to Thon.
"The entrance is behind the waterfall, you say? It looks like we have some climbing to do- but we can't be sure that the way is safe. Hopefully, since dawn's light has not touched us, we were not seen just now, if there are guards hidden. If there are, we would likely be picked off easily once revealing ourselves.What is our plan of action?"
The elf was secretly dreading climbing at all; his arm still pained him.

(finally posting after three forevers... *administers emergency medical care to thread* I'm just not sure what to have them do )
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 12:22
"I could go up and have a look around," said Galenfea, peering through the bushes at the waterfalls ahead. "Seriously," she added at their disbelieving looks. "I'm good at this. Hiding in plain sight is what I do. Don't believe me?" She turned to Ethoner. "When you rode past me a few days ago, I was sitting in a crack between two rocks, in plain view. You looked straight past me." She grinned at his surprise and discomfiture. "Shall I go?"
She removed her bow and quiver, knowing that she wouldn't be able to use them anyway, and pulled her hood up to shadow her face. As she turned to go, blessing the fact that Gaeron had had the sense not to ask to come too, she looked back and nodded towards their captive.
"And someone might want to do something about him. It would be a fine lookout if he warned them we were here."

((Hope that sparks some ideas))

[Edited on 5/9/2005 by Galenfea]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 06, 2005 12:13
Ainu nodded in agreement with Galenfae's words, giving Thon a knowing glance.

"Hold off a moment- I'm coming with you," Ainu put in, setting his lute and pack on the ground and throwing the bow over his shoulder. "I can't do any extreme climbing, but I can cover you part of the way up. You shouldn't go alone."

He didn't wait for her to protest before nodding at her and slipping out of the trees, making sure to keep to the shadows as he made his way over to the rock wall.

(hope thats ok...)
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2005 12:06
Galenfea went with Ainu, flickering from shadow to shadow, keeping so close to the ground that she was almost on her hands and knees. Every now and then she froze and lay flat, utterly still for several breaths, so that if her movements had caught anyone's eye, they would see nothing. She crouched behind a rock and peered up at the waterfall. She could see the passage into the rock from here, and made out the figure of a sentry looking around. After a moment, though, he vanished back into the darkness.
'A bit wet to be hanging around there,' she thought, imagining the spray of the waterfall splashing on him. That would be something worth bearing in mind: The rock would likely be wet and slippery. She glanced around for Ainu, but couldn't see him. Presumably he too was hiding somewhere on the hillside.
She darted on again, flickering from one rock or bush to another, and occasionally lying flat as before, her dirty cloak blending perfectly with the lichen-covered stones with their patchy grass. She froze where she lay as she heard voices from up above.
"There's nothing there, Zahir. Your eyes are playing tricks on you again."
"I could have sworn I saw something move!"
"For the final time, you're seeing things! If not, it was probably a rabbit or something. I'm going back to my post. Try not to drop off and imagine ghosts creeping up here."
Galenfea heard one set of footsteps stalking off, but not the other. Peeking out from under her hood, she saw that one man still stood there, staring nervously at the hillside, this way and that. She swore silently. He was on the alert now, and so she was doomed to stay crouching on this rocky slope until he lost interest and decided that his eyes had been playing tricks on him. That might take a while. And, in the meantime, if she moved his suspicions would be confirmed.
Still, not for nothing was Galenfea considered an expert in this field of work. She lowered her head and settled down to wait.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2005 04:19
As soon aas they were back in the trees Eaerendel jumped down of her horse. When Galenfea mentioned the prosioner betraying their location, Earendel quickly pulled roll of badages out of her saddle bag and wrapped them around the prisonerss mouth many times he would not be eatign or drinking right away but more important to them he would notbe making a sound either.

Earendel grabbed her bow and quiver and went off. She went close to the edge of the trees (but always hind from view) in many areas looking for gaurds and scouts. She knew the imprtance of getting into and if possible out of the base undetected. That would not happen if they were found by the enemy.

She some distance from the group and her keen ears picked up a sound it was only one man he was tromping along noisely, soon she could her him grumbling as well. Earendel knew she was out of sight as long as he stayed on the path he was on. If he came into this path, into the area she and her friends were in, he would die quietly and quickly. The man seemed to be on a well known path. He walked without concern, grumbling in his native tingoune. His path took him back out into the open with out getting within 30 feet of the elf. then he tuned and went back to ward the front entrance, the main entrance.

After the man passed out of sight and hearing Earendel went back to the group and reprted witnessing a patrol and where it passed in ralation to the group

After her report Earendel said, "we will have to be alert so that we are not crept up on from the back while we are here."

With that she headed back along the path she had taken before. Earendel was not so unfamiliar with milatary to not know full well that the patrol most likely had a set sheduale and she would monitor that area and learn it.

As she was moving away there was a whisper in her ear. "I am coming with you, just in case some of the later patrols are larger and more spread out." With that Begion fell in behind the elloth.

[Edited on 8/9/2005 by tawar_meldis]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2005 09:28
Ooc - Hi guys!

Ic - Ethoner sighed. He hated being here with little more to do than babysit their 'guest' but he knew full well that the Elves were better equipped for sneaking about than he was. He shifted uncomfortably on his horse's back again.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 09, 2005 08:26
ooc- hellos, alsin! we're trying to do some reviving... galenfae, hope you dont mine me writing for your char a wee bit. if so, lemme know and I'll edit

Ainu saw and heard the men as well; he was, in truth, only a few yards now ahead of Galenfae, but he was having a considerably harder time staying still. He had dropped down and put himself in a shadow, stupidly using the injured arm to support himself. He watched as the guard glared down, his eyes passing over the unmoving elves, sweeping to the trees. After several tense moments the man turned away grumbling, and Ainu let out a breath, immediately taking the weight off the arm and getting back in his crouching position.

He soon found himself at the so-called base of the rock wall. A large overhanging of rock jutted out over a crevice. The minstrel easily slipped quickly inside, hiding himself from the guard's view. Galenfae was not long in following, and slipped in the crevice with him. Until she had arrived there, he had not realized how small his hiding place was; they were incredibly close, and it was a slightly awkward situation. Clearing his throat a bit, Ainu forced himself to focus on the task at hand.

"What now?" he whispered, "do we risk trying to dispatch the guards so that the others can follow, without knowing how many are there, or do we observe what we can and then take the information back?"
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2005 08:18
((Fine! ))

Galenfea peered out of their little hiding place, then pressed an ear to the stone to listen for approaching feet, almost over their heads.
"Keep quiet, or they'll hear us," she breathed. "I reckon we should stay here and observe what we can, and then, if possible, take them out when we know how many there are and where they are concentrated. Getting back down in silence and without being seen will be next to impossible."
With that, she fell silent, for she could hear more footsteps approaching. Once again, they stopped in the opening. Perhaps it was a regular patrol to that spot? Or maybe that man, Zahir, was still suspicious. Either way, she hoped that they hadn't left any sign of their passage up the hill and into this little hiding place.
Her heart missed a beat as she heard the feet step out of the passage and come cautiously down the hill, stopping here and there as if to investigate suspicious rocks or possible hiding places... like this one.
He was drawing closer, and she and Ainu were cornered like rats in a trap.

((Dun dun dun! Your call as to whether he finds us or is whistled off))

[Edited on 13/9/2005 by Galenfea]
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2005 07:03
Holodrum looked down over a large opening in the rock. He smiled as he saw the men doing what they do best. Fight. He knew though that some of that ferrocity would be needed later. "STOP!!" Holodrum shouted and the training reduced and finally stopped. "You are everything I knew you would be. Now get some sleep for tomarrow brings war, glory, and treasure for all."
As the men filed out Martone, Trifguls second, and Astin, Holos own second, walked up to him. Holodrum smiled and said, "Ah gentlemen what can I do for you?"
Martone spoke first, "I do not like your plan sir. This fool seems to neglect the terrible risk involved here."
"You underestimate Holo's leadership," Astin retorted, "and the risk is mine to take if you would rather change assignments I'd..."
"There will be no trading," Holodrum interrupted, "This argument is piontless, but if you think it's worht it take to the chalenge ring, settle it there. That is hardly what i expect from my leaders. If you do you may see someone else in your possitions. Now listen, this is how things are going to be done, and I expect perfection. We will march out and get to the waterfall fortress tomarrow. Make camp and rest we will need our strength. As the sun sets we will begin our attack. Astin you will lead the men attacking the gates. If you break through do what you want to, but if not fall back before too many casualties ensue. As the attack begins Martone and I will find the entrance I used last time. We will enter with the 30 select men and strike at th head of our enemy, who is sure to be directing from behind. Noone is to go near the prisoners. If anyone does I want them killed."
Martone nodded, "That all I understand, but to march these men with so little rest, too many casualties may be unavoidable. The men must have at least a day."
Holodrum allowed a look of sorry and worry flit across his face, "I understand your concerns, but we can not afford that long. When I took Trifgul, I swore to you I would lead fairly. Part of that is being true to my word, as you well know. I gave my word to a reluctant friend that I would help in an indirect way, and we are rapidly running out of window to do that. Hence the haste. Martone you are excused now, I need a word with Astin."
Martone walked out not altogether saticfied but willing to do his duty. Astin watched him go then turned to Holo, "A word sir?"
"Yes indeed. When we break for camp I am giving you some time to find a few more recruits. I want you to search around this area." Holodrum pulled out a small map and pionted to a spot next to the fortress where Ethoners band was most likely to be. "If you don't find anyone, do not fret, they may have moved on without us. If you do though you must approach them without weapon or intent of evil. I trust you will be ready for anything though?"
Astin nodded, "I am to convince them to join us?"
"No," Holodrum said, "You are to extend my invetation to come and talk to me before the fight. Tell the man in charge it is his best chance to get his brother back." Holodrum rolled the map back up. "You must be back in time for the attack, the men need leadership. I do not believe they will kill you on sight, but as I warned, go without drawn weapon or evil intent. Now rest as much as you may. Much to do tomarrow." As Astin left Holodrum looked once more over the open space now deserted and smiled. Tomarrow this whole thing would end. One way or another.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 14, 2005 07:23
"This is not good...." Ainu whispered, though there was hardly the need to say so; the scout's footsteps were rapidly nearing, and all at once he was before their crevice, his back to them as he looked out at the trees. The minstrel cast an anxious glance at Galenfae-- neither of them was in a position that would allow them to move for attack without making undue noise, and there was no telling who else would be standing near enough to hear.

Don't turn around, don't turn around, don't turn around...

The silent pleading had no effect, of course, and after a few seconds the man turned around and froze, seeing them there. There was no choice left; Ainu drew his sword and made as if to strike, but the man had his own weapon out in moments and threw off the blow, landing a hard punch to the elf's jaw before turning and speeding up the path to raise the alarm.

(:evil: I'll leave it up to you now, Galenfae, to decide if our friend makes it or not. )
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2005 11:58
Ooc - Dun dun duuuuun!! lol. i've recieved a PM from holo, he wont be about for a few days so we're to carry on without him. I didn't understand much else of it so I'll look tomorrow morning when I'm fresh. hey ho.

Ic - Out of sight of the rock face as he was Thon has no idea of the drama unfolding and so remained relaxed in the saddle.
Slowly he let his mind wander to Holodrum and what the crafty beggar would be up to now.
"Two forces behind him and an unassailable fortress to assail. Hmm... he's in his element." His thoughts turned to his brother, "Everything will be fine Den. I'm coming."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2005 02:28
As they walked Earendel asked softly, " I thought you would stay with the main group so as to know when the scotts report back and to be there to plan with Thon?"

Bergion repilied"I wil know when our scotts come back my second in command is very gifted with telepathic comunications."

After that they walked silently. At 2 hours after the first patrol another come along the same path. He also was noisy and crumbling. This one stayed on the same route as the other and had no clue that he was watched closely by 2 elves.
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2005 08:09
Galenfea scrambled out after Ainu, swearing as she saw the mortal knock her friend down. She reached for her bow, then remembered that she had left it at the bottom, so instead she snatched up a stone and threw it. It caught the running man in the small of the back, making him stumble, but even as she ran after him he shouted for help. She was level with him now, and silenced him with a blow to the temple. It was a potentially fatal one, but right now she didn't care.
She hurled herself to the side and crouched against a rock, hugging her cloak around herself and praying as she'd never prayed before. She didn't even dare look about for Ainu as men scrambled down from the door to the side of the one she had felled. She hoped that he was not visible. She hoped that he had not been hurt. She had seen the guard hit his jaw and knock him down, for all she knew he might be lying unconscious on the hillside.
She closed her eyes and took a few deep, silent breaths, for her heart was hammering so hard that they must have been able to hear it. She could hear them arguing in their own tongue, and decided that had they seen or found Ainu there would have been a lot more noise.
Still, that didn's mean that it was more than a matter of time before they were found.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 20, 2005 03:25
When the guard's fist connected with Ainu's jaw he saw an explosion of light, then instant darkness.

When he woke he heard a strained call for 'help', then saw Galenfae attacking the man who had seen them. She dashed back into hiding as others ran down to the aid of their comrade. The guard lay limp upon the ground and for a moment the men didn't see Ainu where he lay- and he only hoped that they couldn't see Galenfae either, though they seemed to be right in front of her.

As they argued amongst themselves, obviously trying to decide what had happened to their friend, the minstrel slowly began to move toward the rock wall, planning to press himself against it and hope to remain unseen. His jaw was throbbing painfully and he tasted blood. Blinking, he tried to will away his new headache, wishing he had been just a second faster with his blade. Once again he silently pleaded with the guards not to turn and see him...

Before he could make it into hiding, though, one of the men looked up and caught sight as he tried to escape. The guard cried out at once and Ainu wasted no time; he scrambled to his feet and turned, weaving a bit as he took off running. It was no good trying to hide; he was spotted, and his sword was out of reach. He would have to lead these men away from Galenfae and the others, and hope that they wouldn't give away their positions for his sake.

The only weapon left to him was the bow, and as he ran he pulled it out and readied an arrow, slowing just long enough to turn and send it speeding for a guard. It struck true, and one of the men fell. The other two cried out in anger, and continued the chase. Ainu turned and hurried forward, grabbing for another arrow.
As he turned a corner around the forstress he collided with another guard and toppled over, slamming into the rock wall before landing hard on the ground.

When the elf looked up he saw an arrow aimed at his face. The man he had knocked over slowly stood, mumbling something to the one who had been patroling with him, then whipped out a sword and studied the minstrel. Before a minute had passed the angry guards from before rounded the corner, one yanking Ainu's quiver away and snapping the strap (which was painful, as it pulled hard against his ribs), and the other kicking away his bow.

He was pulled roughly to his feet, the entire time cursing himself inwardly for being so careless. Now he had endangered the others as well... he only hoped that they could remain hidden, and that they would. There was no telling how many more were outside the fortress, or how many could be called out if it was known that "spies" had arrived.
He could give these men every reason to believe he was alone.

The man who he had knocked over gave Ainu a shove back the way he had come, toward the path that led to the top of the wall.
"March."

(well, thats that. help him out if you'd like, and if you think you can :evil: )

[Edited on 21/9/2005 by dreamdancer]

[Edited on 21/9/2005 by dreamdancer]
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2005 10:48
(((It's alive! O.o *pokes thread*)))

Hoshash groaned and scratched her head, trying to get rid of a particularly aggressive flea. When it seemed she had stopped its assaults for the time being, she began to examine the area close to the party. She found a small slug, which she picked up. She licked it, but it didn't taste very good, so she began to spit and dropped it. But the sticky slug got stuck on her fingers. As she noticed this, she shook her hand to get rid of it. When it still didn't let go, she began to growl and shook her hand viciously until it finally dropped to the ground. She snorted and gave the slug a sour look.
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2005 08:14
((*Thread scuttles*))

Galenfea shut her eyes and swore inwardly as she heard one of the mortals cry out an alarm. Ainu had been seen. They all charged off after him and her first instinct was to take out a couple more with stones, but she forced herself to stay still. It would be no help to Ainu or anyone else if she got herself killed or captured, and she would. She had no illusions on that front. As far as she could hear, though, he had led them a way off, and she suddenly wondered if there was a guard left on the gate. If not, what a chance! She hoped there wasn't; if she had to take out another man, it would be clear that Ainu was not alone and the hunt would be up. If, by some foul chance, he had not managed to escape, he would then be in serious trouble. She forced away all thoughts of what might happen in that instance, and began ghosting up to the gateway. It was deserted and she slipped in, turning in the opening to glance back and seeing them returning, Ainu among them. She sighed bitterly; she had hoped that he'd escape.
Her reverie was interrupted when she heard footsteps approaching from the opposite direction and she bolted into the nearest opening, hiding in the shadows. The new guard arrived, looked around in consternation as he found no-one there, then apparently saw them coming, for he hailed them.
"What do you think you're doing, leaving the gate unguarded?" he demanded when a couple of runners arrived. "Anything could have come in!"
'Anything has,' thought Galenfea, smirking to herself in the dark.
"Something nearly did. There was a spy there. He killed poor Zahir, but we caught him. We're bringing him now."
After a moment, Ainu was shoved over the threshold, stumbling a little. He looked dirty and bedraggled, and his lip was bleeding. Galenfea winced in sympathy, but smiled a little as he stood straight and proud, folding his arms and giving the mortal stare for stare.

((Sorry, Dreamdancer! She's just one Elleth and really couldn't do anything on her own without it being godmodding. I'll editi if there's something wrong))
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2005 09:12
Ooc - You two! Now Thon's got to find out about this somehow! Tawar? Findaverah? You're more in a position to find out about this than I am.

Ic - "Hoshsash, stop that." Thon's voice was not harsh but brooked no argument, "Ainu and Galenfea have been away for longer than they should have been. I hope they haven't run into trouble."

Ooc - God, serious ELOI
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2005 12:27
Gaeron had crept away from the rest of the group and gone to the edge of the forest, looking for any sign of the return of the two scouts. Seeing the place again made his blood run cold and he shut his eyes for a moment, willing away the memories of the last time he had been here.
They jerked open once more when he heard a shout and saw the drama on the hillside. He watched in horror as Ainu was chased down and captured, and waited for no more, bolting back to the others as fast as he was able.
"Ainu and Galenfea have been away for longer than they should have been. I hope they haven't run into trouble."

"They have," panted Gaeron, slouching against a tree and pressing a hand to one of the unhealed wounds to his torso, which was complaining at the unaccustomed exertion. "I saw them... Ainu at least. A bunch of Haradrim captured him."

((Scream if this is a problem. ))
<< First910111213Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email