Register

<< First7891011Last >>
Author Topic:
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Murder in Rohan (KEEP)
on: June 19, 2005 05:48
(wow lots of posts I shall get your information! Kidding, I'll get a bit)

Fae stalked forward. She looked menacing in the firlight and her eyes were cold as steel. The elf, stupidly, had stayed silent, with a look of hatred and determination glued to his face.

"Oh, you shall talk." Fae was beautiful in her anger, but the elf noticed only her sword being drawn. "If not, I will cut off your fingers one by one."

The elf's firm resolve was melting quickly, when he saw that she was serious. Ryn held his hands behind him as Fae walked purpously towards him. He shrunk back slightly and she leaned in. He straightened up and glared at her. "I don't fear you Harlot!" Her face remained motionless as she hit him full accross the face. His lip bled and he cringed back.

"Talk." She whispered menacingly.

"My.." the elf spat blood. "A band of people, led by, a powerful man began an uprising, they..." He paused for a long moment. Fae leered towards him and he swallowed and continued. "We, plan to kill king Eomer and anyone who gets in our way..." He glowered at the his captors. "That would be you, you'll all pay..."

Fae hit him in the stomach to quiet him. "Who is leading you? Who is responsible?"

The elf grinned. "He is called i..." A whizzing sound was heard and Fae backed away just in time as an arrow hit the elf in the chest. It was an incredible shot, but they were too bussy looking around for the attacker. The sound of a solitary horse, running off into the night was heard and Fae kicked the eld angrily. "He was this close to talking!" She held her fingers apart as demonstration. "We could have known!"
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 20, 2005 07:03
(ooc: great plot twist, mook!)

Ryn started when the arrow hit home, releasing his hands and stumbling back.
Although Rynwyn had seen her share of death in the past few days, she looked away from their prisoner, not wanting to see any more.

"He was this close to talking!" She held her fingers apart as demonstration. "We could have known!"

"We know enough," the young woman said, "They plan on killing King Eomer.. Reothed must have found out somehow."
She didn't want to think that he had been involved.
"We've got to go to Edoras, they must be warned. He mentioned mid-day tomorow-- I hope we can make it in time."
She walked to Lightfoot and comforted the horse, preparing to mount.

"Do you think they'll believe you?" Hiligan asked. He had been somewhat shocked by Fae's ruthlessness, but that was wearing off. "The guards might not even let us see him..."

"We must try." She retorted. Ryn was now fully awake. She turned her eyes on the others- Fae, Skyla, Earendel, Hiligan, and Glorfindel.
What a rag-tag group we are...
"We must ride hard- the swiftest should go on ahead and see what they can do. These evil men may already have someone close to the king on their side."
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2005 07:31

Fae nodded. She said a prayer for the dead elf, no matter how many he killed in his living life, he deserved a final word. She mounted Jarred and kicked his flanks. "I will ride ahead, you all will probably catch up, but Jarred is in good shape, and eager to run. I will see you at midday."

With that, Fae nodded and sped accross the plains of Rohan, it was early morning now, and though she was fatigued, the fate of Rohan lay in the company's hands. She wouldn't fail her king.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 21, 2005 01:32
Brenna had slept well, for the first time in a while, missing the excitement in the camp between the others. She was, however, woken eventually, stirring in time to hear the elf reply to something Rynwyn had said.

"It doesn't matter now, our plans are already underway. Go ahead and do what you like with me-- your fates will be sealed by midday, and there is nothing you can do."

Brenna shivered at his words, remembering how all of a sudden she was tied inescapably to this now, she'd have to see this through to the end.

As Glorfindel and Fae started to question the elf Brenna rose, gathering her things, realising that they'd probably be moving on soon. She was at her horse, whom she had started to call Fleabag, checking his sadle and bridle when she thought she saw something in the gloom. First she peered forward, trying to see better, but then she glanced back at the others, wandering whether to tell them or not. As her attention was drawn away an arrow wizzed past, embedding itself in the elf-prisioner. Brenna swore loudly and swung her head back to where she thought she had seen something in time to catch a fleeting glance of a fast disapearing horse.

Brenna turned back to the others again, as the others planned to ride on.

"The guards might not even let us see him..." Hiligan said.

"I know ways into the Golden Hall." Brenna said with a shrug. "I can lead you in if needs be." She climbed onto Fleabag's back as Fae went off, waiting for the others.

((I'm not actually sure if that post made sense or not... I'm sorry if it didn't.))
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 05:21
I know ways into the Golden Hall." Brenna said with a shrug. "I can lead you in if needs be

"The need may very well arise," Ryn replied, climbing onto the back of her own horse. Her heart was pounding-- she didn't know what they would find at the Golden Hall, thinking that it might be too late. Her thoughts were also on Glorfindel, however, and on her friends. Hiligan mounted with suprising swiftness (remember, he's missing one arm below the elbow ) and turned his horse in the direction Fae had gone. He had hated to see her ride off alone....
Rynwyn spoke. "This is it. We'd best be off!"
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 09:49
"This is it. We'd best be off!"

Glorfindel nodded in agreement and so mounting Lechend, took off into the night after Hiligan and Fae. He could not help but feeling uneasy. Maybe it was nothing; he’d felt funny about this whole affair since they arrived in Rohan. No he was imagining things, six thousands years and your mind plays tricks on you. Shaking his head he rode on into the darkness.

(grrr writers block)
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 02:05

Middle earth brightened slowly. The red haze of sunrise was just dissapearing from the sky, and an ironically bright sun hung in the sky between the downy clouds.

Fae remembered the elf's words.

midday...

She shivered. The sun shone ahead and yet Rohan felt cold, it was lying, unknowing and scared beneath Jarred's pounding hoofs. She had to break the scheme before it was too late. She should have seen all of the painfully obvious clues...the attacks, Reothed's unneasy silence, strange people, hordes of orcs. They had all been blind and now it might be too late...
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 03:39
Ryn and the others galloped on. Thoughts were swimming around her mind-- she thought of the havoc already caused, the danger they flew from, the danger they flew to... she thought of Reothed and Hiligan..... and Glorfindel and his kiss were ever in the back of her mind.
The sun had risen; day was upon them. Rynwyn thought she could just make out Fae's shape far ahead, and she prayed that they could all be quick enough.
She thought of the mysterious rider who had killed their prisoner- that elf was still back there.... Someone knew who they were and that they were coming. Someone would be waiting... She was afraid, but she didn't slow Lightfoot.

At last, Edoras rose before them, growing larger as they came closer. The Golden Hall shone at the top of that hill like lost treasure as the sun bounced off of it- she could only imagine what had already happened inside.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 04:13
As the sun rose Brenna felt a sudden sense of - well, of homecoming. She had spent half of her childhood in this place and every tree, every hill, even the ground itself seemed familiar to her. She tried to remember the last time she had been her, but was met with a blur of half-rememebered scenes, mostly from the nine years she had spent with the Rats.

Suddenly Edoras was before them, and Brenna's gaze was brought to the hill it was built on, and almost forgotten catatombs underneath that had been her home. She smiled briefly as they rode through the gates, glancing around, almost expecting to see Grey Coat or Little Fire in the shadows behind the walls.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 03:58
(ooc: I'm moving things ahead a bit-- hope thats ok with yall!)

The streest of Edoras were somewhat busy. People were going to and fro without an inkling of the evil brewing among them. They gave the travelers strange looks. Ryn realized they must all look a mess-- most of them had blood on their clothing, they were dirty and weary (except for Fae, who actually bathed ) Rynwyn ignored the people, pushing Lightfoot up the rising path and dismounting at the stairs of the Golden Hall. Fae was there already, waiting for them.
They marched up the stairs and stopped at the door.
"We need to see King Eomer," Rynwyn said to the gaurds. The two men just eyed the group-- the two women, two elves and one-armed man.
"What for?" The guard on the right demanded, "You look like you all crawled out of a muddy ditch. No one presents themselves to the king in such a manner."
"You don't understand! He's in danger...."
"Young lady, we guard these doors day and night. No danger can get through to our king without us knowing."
The two men shared a chuckle, as if Rynwyn were a silly child playing at some game. Frustrated, she stepped forward and made as if to open the door, but the guard shoved her back. His smile was gone, replaced with a sneer
"Take yourself and your bedraggled friends off the steps of the Golden Hall. You have no place here."
"One of my 'bedraggled' friends is an elf-lord." She grabbed Glorfindel's elbow and yanked him forward. The elf towered over the guard, and the man blanched a little, but his determination only hardened.
"Of course, and you're the princess of Gondor. Be gone!"
And so they were defeated, leaving the doors and going back to where the horses stood. Ryn turned to Skyla.
"Your secret passages into the Golden Hall-- we have to use them. We must get inside somehow..."

(ooc: feel free to backtrack and insult the guards yourselves XD I think those two deserve it )
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 03:18
(Not been online much the last week. Im about to get Earendel in a tad bit of trouble. Im sorry of the name a pull out of the hat doesnt sound Rohanic but im terrible with names.)

As the group started to move away Earendel turned back to the gaurds and spoke, "Liutenient Garron always told me that the gaurd who were chosen to stand outside the golden hall were the stupidist of the lot, but unlit this very moment I didnt belive him."

At which one of the gaurds steps forward quickly and grabs Earendel by the arm and shock her very hard the hole time he was yelling. He yelled at her," How dear a stupid elf insult an office of the rohhirim that way. We should take you before Eomer King to answer for so greivious an insult!"

Earendel was wobbly on her feet from the force of the shaking but managed to stay on her feet. Earendel stood blinking at the man and trying to remember why she was there and what was a stake if she failed.

Before she could gather her thoughts the other gaurd stepped up and slapped her acros the face. His words were only slightly softer"Garron was my freind, how dare you, you filthy elf insult him so!"

The yelling brought a inside gaurd out to find out what was going on. The first gaurd spoke to him. "This creature insluted an officer of the rohirrim. What punishment do you feel she deserves?"

The inside gaurd frowned and said "she will need to be interrogated by one of the officers of the court. Tell me exactly what she said."

While the men where repeating what she said Earendel motioned for the others in her party to go. Earendel only hoped that they would do as she wished. Earendel chuckled at the end of the speach and said in perfect Rohinic," I dont apprecaite the exagerations." They were shocked because her original words had been in common tongue. The gaurds expression confirmed that he had streched the truth.

The interior gaurd pulled a rope from his belt and tied Earendel's hand then said"you will come with me so we can firgure out what is going on here." He noticed Earendels waepons but believed that as a female they were mostly for show and maybe to prevent personal attacks and as such cared not that she kept them.

( I will post later on how things go inside for Earendel please continue with others im sure we will get together again.)
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2005 04:01
For the most part of this encounter, Glorfindel remained silent. He stood to one side, watching the whole affair rather bemused, holding Ryn’s hand. He didn’t understand quite what was going on here. His mastery of Rohirric tongue was to say the least, rudimentary, however what he could gather was that they needed to get into the Hall to see Eomer. But so far the methods tried by the women had not worked, and he himself had little idea of how to progress. From what he could remember of what Mithrandir had told him of Rohirric tradition, the only proper way to gain an audience with the Lord of the Mark was for the Door Warden’s to grant them access. One could not force entry, without then fighting all the men in Edoras. And Glorfindel was in no mood to do that. So leading Ryn over to the remaining guard Glorfindel addressed him.

“Good afternoon sir.”

The man jumped and wheeled around to face the elf.

“Yes?”

“I was wondering if we could please see his majesty, I’m afraid it’s a rather urgent matter.”

“Look, we already told you…”
“Yes, yes, I know, but please, this really is a highly delicate matter. I believe there is a threat to the King.”

At this mention of these words, the young Royal Guard leaned in close to the elf, so he could hear what Glorfindel was whispering to him.

“A threat you say,” the guard continued in hushed tones, “If it’s true you must tell me at once.”

“I really would prefer it if we could see the King first.”

“I told…”

“Ok, so what do we have to do to?”

“Leave your weapons here.”

Glorfindel unbuckled his blade and left it against the wall, he also motioned for Ryn, Fae, Skyla and Hiligan to do the same thing.

“Now can we please go in?”

“Well,” the guard hesitated and surveyed the group, their tattered clothes, their dirty and bloody appearances. The smell to and awful. He quietly conveyed these views to Glorfindel.

“Alright, I can do something about the dirt, the blood and the smell. If I do that can we see the King?”

“I suppose so. Oh, and can you do something about her,” the guard pointed to Lady Earendel.

“Ok, I’ll try. She’s only trying to help.”

“Really?”

“Oh yes, by the way, can you indicate the nearest communal wash pool?”

“Base of the Eastern terrace, but it’ll take you a while to wash there, the queue’s huge.”

“Did you say it was at the base of the terrace?”

“Oh yes,” the guard indicated to the eastern side of the stone terrace that the Golden Hall was built on, “At the base of that wall. But you’ll have to wait a long time to use it.”

Glorfindel stood staring at the spot the guard had indicated, they needed to get into the hall, and soon. They could not afford to wait in a line for a wash! But as usual the idea presented itself. Glorfindel smiled broadly.

“How far is that drop?”

“About ten to twelve feet, but why…?”

However, Glorfindel turned and was already leading Ryn and Fae over to the eastern terrace, with Hiligan and Skyla in tow. He quietly explained to them what the guard had said.

“Glorfindel, this is no time for a wash,” Hiligan grumbled, “We need to…”

“Yes,” Glorfindel replied, “I know, we cannot afford to wait.”

By this point they had reached the Eastern Terrace, and could see the long line of residents, waiting to use the wash pool.

“Look at that line, how are we going to use the pool if we have to through that?” Hiligan queried.

Glorfindel smiled as he stepped back from between Fae and Ryn, releasing their hands as he did. He positioned himself just behind them both and spoke.

“You know I never told you two have attractive you look when you are dirty?”
They both turned to look at him, puzzled looks on their faces.

“But you’ll look even better clean,” Glorfindel continued, and he gave them both a good hard push.

With a scream both ladies toppled out of sight and into the pool below, with a large splash.

Skyla looked over the edge after them,

“Why did you…?” she started to ask, but she never got to finish her sentence, as she to toppled out of sight into the pool below, thanks to Glorfindel.

Hiligan looked shocked.

“What the hell as you doing?” he demanded, “Explain you actions Glorfindel.”

All he got was he sly smile and two second later; he too was in the water with the three women. Glorfindel now strode over to the struggling Earendel, and picked he up with great ease. The guards watched in shock as the elf carried the Lady over to the terrace and chucked her over too. Glorfindel leaned over to check that they had all landed safely, and then he turned to see the guards looking astonished at him. He shrugged.

“It beats the queue,” he said simply, and then jumped over the wall after his friends. He was not going to be popular, but if it got them into see Eomer then it was worth every insult and punch he would get. Besides, he reckoned Ryn was cute when she was wet and angry.

(ooc - sorry couldn't resist!)
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2005 07:43

Fae broke through the water's surface, her red hair was soaking and it clung to her face with a desperate grip. She waded to the shallower end, and stood looking like a wet cat who just came out of the rain.

"I'll kill you Glorfindle!" she yelled across the bathing pool. "Besides, I just bathed last night you idiot!" At least she wasn't wearing her armor, she thought. But that was uncalled for. She started to swim towards him with great speed and dunked his head under the water. She pulled him back to the surface and an insufferable grin was plastered on his face.

"In all of Rohan, no in all of Middle Earth I have never met such a filthy-worsted-stocking knave!" And you're a bloody elf! You're supposed to be the very picture of respect!"
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 26, 2005 09:15
((OH-EM-GEE! *wipes away tears of laughter* You don't know how much I needed that, LoremasterMiar: thank-you.))

Leave your weapons here.” With a sigh, Brenna began to unstrap her weapons - well, the obvious ones anyway - laying them by Glorfindel's. It took a while, but when she had done Glorfindel was already ushering Fae and Ryn to the terrance. She followed them, not sure what the elf was up to.

Brenna surfaced the pool spluttering, only to duck under the water again as Hiligan landed close to where she was. Letting herself sink to the bottom she pushed off the bottom at an angle, coming up close to the edge of the pool and dragging herself out as Glorfindel hit the water. Shaking herself and squeezing water from her dripping hair she waited impatiently for the elf to surface, muttering curses under her breath. A hand creapt to her thigh to check a knife in a sheath there, another reasuring her that the one under her shirt was also all right. Brenna smiled evily as Fae dunked Glorfindel and waited patiently for him to leave the pool so she could push him back in.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 26, 2005 10:40
(ooc: XD likewise, purple! I just sat here and laughed my head off..)

Rynwyn was more than suprised by being shoved into the pool below. The young woman came up sputtering, and hurried after Fae to the shallow side.

"I'll kill you Glorfindle!" she yelled across the bathing pool. "Besides, I just bathed last night you idiot!" At least she wasn't wearing her armor, she thought. But that was uncalled for. She started to swim towards him with great speed and dunked his head under the water. She pulled him back to the surface and an insufferable grin was plastered on his face.

"In all of Rohan, no in all of Middle Earth I have never met such a filthy-worsted-stocking knave!" And you're a bloody elf! You're supposed to be the very picture of respect!"

"Indeed!" Rynwyn agreed, and sent a great splash of water in Glorfindel's direction before trudging out of the pool. "Here we are, trying to save our king, and you go shoving us off the highest point you can find! But, we're clean, drowned, and soaked... are you satisfied? Now we've got to walk all the way back up there!"
Of course, she wasn't really that annoyed-- mostly amused, in fact. She would never admit it, though.

( )
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2005 03:39
(one more shot at this post. Hopefully coe doesnt eat it again)

AS soon as she came up Earendel started shaking the water out of her hair. Then a few seconds later she realized her dagger had fallen out and she went down to retrive it.

Then she quickly exited to the water, wrapping the short rope around her arm as she moved to prevent herself from tripping over it.

As she moved she spoke angrily to Glofindel "Do you really think that I would have quoted someone I didnt know well.
It would have taken me less then 5 minutes to explain things and move forward. All this stunt of your had accomplished is to slow things down!"

At that she walked quickly back up the path to the golden hall.

(if anyone has a problem with the next part pm me and I'll edit or remove it)

When Earendel reached the top of the stairs agian one of the inner gaurds was still outside waiting. Earendel approach him without hesitation. "Tell me sergent(it was his range) did you know Liutenent Garron personally or only by reputation."

The man was shocked at the question, he responded" He was my first commanding officer. That is why I dont take kindly to an elf speeking so of him."

Earendel smiled"Trust me I knew Garron much better then you did. Did he ever tell you how taught him to be such an accurate archer. When his father never used a bow."

The garud stopped short he had been coming forward. He thught hard a few seconds then he spoke "He said he learned it from the female who raised him. But I put little faith in those words after all, what woman knows about using a bow."

Then Earendel know she was on the right track. "Sir, I take it you know this woman's name." To which he nodded.
Then she contined, "My name is Earendel and I was taken in by Sargent Harlond many years ago. I raised Garron and taught him the elven shooting style, that is why he was such a good shot."

By the time Earendel was done there were 2 gaurds standing there with there mouths hanging open.

Earendel spoke spoke quietly and respectfully. "Sirs, I humblely ask that we be allowed to speak to Eomer King on a matter of upmost importance to the future of Rohan, even the very life of the king it self may hang in tha balance. That is what all of us have been fighting for, for many days. Sirs, I swear we are on an honorable mission, I swear it on the grave of my adopted son, Liutentient Garon."

The inside gaurd steped forward and cut off the rope and threw it a side like it was a distastful. He spoke "I will let the correct officer know, you should be admited it a few minutes. Out of respect for Eomer King I ask that you leave your swords here."

He turned and walked inside. Earendel reluctantly removed her swords. She spoke to the gaurds." These are elven blades, if you allow anyone else to touch then you will feel an elvish curse the like of which you have never heard of before."

LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2005 12:26

"Indeed!" Rynwyn agreed, and sent a great splash of water in Glorfindel's direction before trudging out of the pool. "Here we are, trying to save our king, and you go shoving us off the highest point you can find! But, we're clean, drowned, and soaked... are you satisfied? Now we've got to walk all the way back up there!"
Of course, she wasn't really that annoyed-- mostly amused, in fact. She would never admit it, though.

Glorfindel hung his head at these remarks. He had thought his plan to be a good idea at the time. But now he was not so sure, they were all angry with him. He stood for a moment on the edge of the pool, hurt and confused, he didn’t understand humans at times. As for Earendel, well she was furious.

"Do you really think that I would have quoted someone I didn’t know well. It would have taken me less then 5 minutes to explain things and move forward. All this stunt of your had accomplished is to slow things down!"

“I’m sorry…” he began, but at that moment Skyla darted forwards and slammed into him, sending him flying backwards into the pool.

Surfacing, he spluttered and clawed his way up the side. Pulling himself out. The look on his face was one of pure rage; a fury so barely contained that at any second it would be unleashed. He towered over the three young women, and his presence was domineering that they all laid their hands to their weapons in fear. Too late, it couldn’t be contained, and it burst loose.

Glorfindel roared, with laughter. He laughed so hard that he doubled over and had to sit on the side of pool to steady himself. His hands were held at his sides and tears rolled down his face. A grin so broad and wide on his face, that it seemed to smooth every worn line or wrinkle from his face, and he looked two thousand years young. After a few minutes he collected himself, and looked up the stairs to see Earendel heading into the hall, without them.

“My apologies Lady Ryn,” he smiled, “Please permit me to ease your passage of the stairs, it is the least I can do.”

And before she could answer he had scooped her up in his arms and had set off up the stairs, taking them two at a time. And so he came to the doors of the great hall of Medusald.

purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 03:37
Brenna looked first at Glorfindel, and then back to Ryn, Fae and Hiligan, disbelief on her face. 'Ye Valar, he's mad.' She thought, but a smile began to break though as she turned to watch him again. She permitted it to do so, shaking her head slightly, before turning to see where Earendel had gone. Shaking herself again Brenna made to follow Earendel into the Golden Halls, when Glorfindel bounded past, Ryn in his arms. She laughed to herself and continued to take the stairs at her own pace, shrugging to the guards as she went past, a wide grin on her face.

The grin fell though as she came into Meduseld, her arms wrapping tightly around herself as she looked around, checking she still knew the escape routes.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 03:34
“My apologies Lady Ryn,” he smiled, “Please permit me to ease your passage of the stairs, it is the least I can do.”

And before she could answer he had scooped her up in his arms and had set off up the stairs, taking them two at a time. And so he came to the doors of the great hall of Medusald.

Rynwyn made no protest to being carried up those stairs, and of course she didn't mind being in Glorfindel's arms. She saw a smile on Skyla's face as they passed her and wondered-- all of their moods seem lighter, even though the high point of their 'journey' was at hand.
I suppose we're all giddy with anxiety..
When they came to the doors, she insisted that the elf put her down, but gave his hand a squeeze and winked. The guards eyed them with mild distaste now, as Rynwyn handed over her sword like Earendel had done. As she did this, she tried to work out what they would tell Eomer King... that there was a group of men planning to kill him? Would he even believe that? After all, she, fae and hiligan were common-folk.. why should a king take their word? Then again, Earendel was an elf, and Glorfindel an elf-lord. He would have to believe them...

Hiligan stomped out of the water and glared as the elf hauled his little sister up to the Hall. He didn't find it amusing, really, but there was no point in saying so. He would have liked to do the same for Fae, but of course, it would be difficult to carry her with one arm.So he simply gave her a half smile as she squeezed water from her hair and said "Lets go up, then."
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 09:15
The huge door of the great hall, loomed before them, wide and imposing. Ryn stopped and considered them, unsure, but Glorfindel stepped up behind her, and taking her hand led her into that hall, together.

Tall pillars of a high and ornate design rose on either side of them, and ran the length of that great room. Over their heads, the high beamed ceiling ran. Glorfindel was held in awe by the majesty of that great room, even though he had been in far old and larger structures, in this place he could feel the authority and power of the Lords of the Mark. And at a dias at the far end of the hall, sat the source of that authority. Eomer, son of Eomund, King of Rohan.

The King pondered them as they approached, a group of damp, rag tag travellers approaching him. Glorfindel immediatley dropped to one knee, and remained there with his head bowed.

"My pardon Lord, Eomer," he said, holding his position, "But is it vital that we speak to you."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 05:53
Earendel followed the gaurd who lead her into the grand room. When still many feet from the actual dias she stoped and went in to a deep bow and stayed in that postion.

Her elvin ears easily pick up the comment from the officer beside Eomer. The fact that they were spoken in the rohan tongue was not a barrier to her. He said "look at this raged elf female, why would anyone litsen to her? You know full well they are of very poor breeding. With only women to support their outrageous claims."

At that monent she heard
Glorfindel immediatley dropped to one knee, and remained there with his head bowed.

"My pardon Lord, Eomer," he said, holding his position, "But is it vital that we speak to you."

At which the officer sneered"You see my lord they are 'only' elves they have no loyalty to you. You wait all they will do is tell of some rumor or other and demand a high payment for nothing. That is the way of lost elves, my lord. " His voice rose a bit, "these creature have NO loyalty to Rohan."

At the last words Earendel's head poped up in angry deifince but she dropped it agian, realizing that to yells and scream her loyalty would only serve to disprove it. Earendel spoke calmly in perfect Rohan. "My king Eomer as one who has been loyal to Rohan since the days of Thengel, I humbley request your permission to speak."

The officer was shocked but before the king could speek he went on. "Simply because you have learned our langauge does not prove any loyalty. Name one veifyable act that you have done that shows loyalty to this kingdom."

Earendel raised her head but kept her body bowed. She looked straight into the eyes of the offending officer and stated "I raised and taught archery to an officer of the Rohimmir."

The officer looked shocked for many seconds. King Eomer had just opened his mouth to speak when the officer spoke "who can verify such a claim. It is only your words nothing more."

At which point the gaurd who has escorted her in spoke, "sir, I can verify her claim. I knew well the officer she raised and taught marksmanship to. His shooting style was like none I had ever seen, being trained by an elf is why."

At which point Eomer cleared his throat. The arguement that was about to start stopped. Eomer's words came with no rush and in a tone that would broke no futher disagreement. "Before me a see an honorable group of humans and elves trying to do what is right for Rohan. We must listen carefully and do what we can to stop what is going on. You may all rise. Elf lord, tell me what is going on!"

(hope this gets everyone into the golden hall being told to riase)
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 01, 2005 04:35
Rynwyn bowed with the others, smirking a little to herself as she created a small puddle of water on the floor, what with her dress dripping so... She didn't hear the whispered words of Eomer's advisors, but by what transpired she decided that this was one of the men planning to overthrow the king.
It is like Grima all over again...

"Before me a see an honorable group of humans and elves trying to do what is right for Rohan. We must listen carefully and do what we can to stop what is going on. You may all rise. Elf lord, tell me what is going on!"

Rynwyn stood and took a deep breath, then stepped forward, wanting to say her bit before the elf spoke.. though he was better accustomed to speaking with royalty.
"My lord, I am Rynwyn, a simple commoner in this great country, but I, along with my friends, bring urgent news."

The king stroked his chin and nodded, "Go on."

"Not many days ago, my dear friend and Fae's brother Reothed was murdered. Our intentions were only to seek revenge... which was a petty thing to do, but Glorfindel joined our party, along with Earendel. and Skyla." she waved a hand at them, having no intentions of saying Skyla was the murderer.
"In our 'quest', we fought many battles... I fought my first, against orcs... and we discovered that Reothed had been part of something terrible, or had known about it, and thats why he was killed. Through many trials, Eomer King, we discovered that there is a group of men, or groups, planning to overthrow you by devious means. We believe you are in danger this very instant.." she turned her eyes on the man who had spoken against them. Eomer opened his mouth to speak after several moments of intense silence, but the man intrupted.
"Do not listen to the ramblings of this childish girl and her friends!" he said, stepping off the dias and pacing in front of the soaked travelers, "Look at them, my lord. You have no reason to trust them..." he stopped in front of Rynwyn and tugged at the sleeve of her dress, then rubbed his fingers and stepped back, as if touching her had dirtied him.
"Commoners, my lord Eomer."
"My country and kingdom is made of commoners," the King replied, narrowing his eyes at his 'counselor' "without my subjects, I would have no kingdom to rule. Who do you speak against them so?"
The man stuttered, searching for some reason, but Rynwyn spoke up.
"Perhaps he should be suspected, my lord. We learned that these men had someone who would be close to you..." She turned her dark gaze on the counselor. "Maybe this man is the one we are searching for."
"Why you-" he raised his hand as if to slap her and she recoiled, but the blow never came. Eomer had come off his throan and grabbed the man's wrist, his grip like iron.
"There is no cause for violence." he growled, "and you never hit a lady...I truly wonder about you sometimes."
Shoving the man back, then he turned and faced the rag-tag group, ignoring the man's mumles of 'a lady indeed-hah!'.
"This man is a snobbish, snivling idiot from time to time, but I cannot believe he is out to end my life. And I am King- someone always speaks against me, and you might have heard only rumours. You must tell me something else of what you've learned."
Rynwyn left it up to the others-- she had nothing else to say, but kept her eyes on the man. His hand slid inside his robe-like garment, stopping near his chest, as if he fingered something. When he saw her watching, he hurridly took the hand away and sat on the steps of the dias, glaring. She no longer doubted that this was the one... but she didn't know how to prove it. She didn't dare approach to see what was hidden underneath the cloth.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2005 09:31
Glorfindel stepped up behind Ryn, and put his hands on her shoulders.Smiling reassuringly at her, hethen turned his attention to Eomer King.

"Thank you, sire, and in that case I will be as frank as I can," Glorfindel stated, "We beleve that their is a threat to your life, sire. In the course of our quest we have uncovered a series clues and events which have led us to an elf. Before he died the elf told us of a plot to remove your sire and assume control of Rohan. We have come here to warn you, as simple as that."
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2005 08:28
Fae had been watching in silent...and cold, contemplation. She stepped forward slowly, and bowed with a sort of military grace. She rose with her green eyes burning softly, and though she looked rather unceremonious, she held herself high and her very stance called for respect. "My lord, I am Fae, brother to Reothed, who served you with unwavering loyalty. He died for you and I come here for Rohan. Our village was attacked, and many others. Mere uprisings are common, one might say." She flashed another advisor a hard stare as he opened is mouth to speak. He closed it promptly. "But," she continued. "I think not."

"I watched my mother and father being slaughtered, and I have no family to speak of. I swear on their graves, and on my brother's ashes, we do not lie. This threat, my king, is not only to you, but to Rohan. I have come with the last shred of hope that I cling to, that you will believe us, for I will not see my homeland fall." With that, she bowed once more and backed away, staring resolutely ahead.

[Edited on 3/7/2005 by _mook_]

[Edited on 3/7/2005 by _mook_]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 02:37
The king stood silently, turning his gaze from one to the other. His counselor was still sitting at the dias fuming. Eomer had seen what happened with his uncle's counselor, and he knew better than to put all his trust in one person.
"Very well," Eomer said at last, "I will think on what you all have said. Either way, there is no doubt that you have fought for the sake of your country. I bid you all remain here in the Golden Hall tonight, and join in feasting with me."
"But my lord-" the counselor started, but a hard look shut him up.

Rynwyn looked over her shoulder up at Glorfindle, who still stood behind her. She wasn't excited at the prospect of staying the Golden Hall, but she was glad that they would be there to keep an eye on the counselor. Soon, serfs came to show each traveler to a room.

(ooc: short, bad post, but I gotta run!)
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 09:03
Brenna allowed herself to be led away, smiling in joy at the bed, and almost laughing when she saw in a corner a bath tub full of warm water. She stripped down and climbed into it, sitting back for a long while before starting to scrub herself mercilessly; even the "bath" Glorfindel had given them all earlier hadn't done much to rid her of the muck of the last few days.

Eventually she climbed out and dressed in some clean clothes that had been set out for her, combing her hair and trying to dry it as best as posible. She waited for a little while, unsure what to do, before there was a knock on her door. "Lady Skyla?" A serf asked.

Brenna snorted at "lady", and then replied, "Yes?"

"You and the other travellers have been asked to join us in the Great Hall."

Brenna sighed. "Alright. I'm coming." She said. She made one last attempt to dry her hair before leaving the room.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 10:57
Reaching over for the jug of hot water, Glorfindel poured some more into the large deep stone tub. The steam rose up past his head, and up into the rafters of the chamber. Reclining back in the tub, Glorfindel mulled over the events of the last few days.

It was fair to say that his life had taken a roller coaster ride, so many twists and turns, so much had transpired. And here he was in Edoras, with a bunch of complete strangers. One was a hired killer, that at first he had sworn to hunt down. The other was a fellow elf, a strange and exotic lady by all accounts, the likes of which Glorfindel had never encountered before. Hiligan, the doting brother, who was madly infatuated with a girl he had known almost his whole life. Fae, kind, courageous, gentle, Glorfindel thought the world of her. She might almost have been the sister he’d never had. And…

“Rynwyn,” he mused, “Ryn, oh Ryn. It’s been just a week, and yet…I…I…? Do I? Do I love you? Or I am simply blurring the lines, or drawing new ones? You are so wonderful, so marvellous. There’s no one else like you, no one could even come close. There is…no…there can’t be a connection that deep there. And anyway, I…

Gritting his teeth in frustration, Glorfindel climbed out of the tub and dried himself down. Tousling his long hair…long?

Pausing in front of the mirror, he caught the look at his reflection, a tall elf, of reasonable build. A warrior’s body scars everywhere. On his torso alone there were some fifty odd stab marks, all of varying ages, but not that old. All too near. But it was too his hair that Glorfindel turned his attention. Long, dark, it hung right own his back.

“When did I last change the still, I’ve had this since before the Last Alliance. Well Gil-galad said it was only proper for the court. And when am I ever at court, and since when is there a court these days. Well it’s time for a change.”

Seizing upon a knife, Glorfindel set to work. The massacre had begun. He butchered his locks right down, until they came to just above the neckline. Shorter, sweeter, and not too bad.

When he was done he changed in some fresh robes, redid his bandage. It still hurt a lot. But it would heal, he hoped. And then he returned to bed. Lying up top of the blankets Glorfindel contemplated the ceiling. When the servant knocked on his door he pretended to be asleep. He was in no mood for a grilling by the King of Rohan.

Every fibre in his body ached, every aspect of his being oozed fatigue, so he just lay there on the bed and rested. However, his thoughts were cut short by a knock at his door.

“What!” he replied sharply, cross at being interrupted in his meditation.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 02:11
Earendel bowed respectfully when Eomer made his announcement they would be staying. Her words were firm but respectful. "Eomer King I humbely ask that you put all your gaurds on a high alert. The last member of the upriseing group that we had prisoner said that things would get well under way by midday. I would hate for more honourable members of the rohimmir to die because they were not warned to be on high alert."

Eomers expression was one of shock. At that moment the surfs arrived and Earendel bowed went with them to freshen up. As she reached the door she glanced back and saw Eomer talking to the inside gaurd about something.

Earendel did not take long to take a bath and redress. There was a new set of garments of very nearly correct size. Her dagger belt took care of the slightly large size. Then she headed back to the door and asked the inner gaurd if she was allowed to reclaim her swords and he said "yes, everyone in your party is allowed to be fully armed now. Much to his majisty's counseloers dismay. If it will put your mind a bit at rest word has been sent to all garuds to be on alert to a possible upriseing."

Earendel smiled at him and grasped both of his hands and thankd him. She then when to retrieve her swords. she then grabbed the rest of the groups weapons and set about delivering them.

Glorfindels door was the closest to her so she decised to start there. His response to her knock was not pleasant.

“What!” he replied sharply

Earendel spoke,"Glorfindel, I am here to return your weapons with the kings blessing. I am sorry if I have interupped something, I will not linger, but I do not feel comfortable leaving swords unattended."

dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 02:16
When Rynwyn was shown to her room she shut the door behind her and gawked. She had never seen anything so grand.... the room was small, but richly decorated. Hangings of every color graced the wall, depicting Rohan's history and legend. She immedietly decided her favorite hung over the bed-- green and gold, with the white horse that appeared on Rohan's flags. And- oh! the bed!-- its coverings were rich red, lined on the edges with tassles. The young woman wanted to run and jump in- but she was still wet. Instead, she undressed and bathed, relishing the warm water.

Shortly after she had gotten out, Earendel brought her sword. She thanked the elf, then shut the door quietly after the elleth had moved on.

The dress that had been brought for her was a little too long, and she feared that she would stumble over the skirts. It was a beauty, though, made of soft fabric in hues of blue. Rynwyn studied herself in the mirror, attemtping to run a comb through the tangled mess of her wavy hair. Finally she gave up and pulled it back like before, with a ribbon in one of the drawers.
I certainly do not look like myself. Of course, I couldn't dine with the king in my old tattered dress...

Dine with the king? She didn't know the first thing about dining with nobles! She was sure there were certain rules to follow... of course she knew manners, but the girl felt daunted all the same.
So of course, when a servant called her to come to the Great Hall, she wondered. Were they to dine now? It would be the midday meal. She smirked-- whatever plan that counselor had couldn't be done while they were here, keeping an eye on him. He *couldn't* poison the food, because the king had a 'royal taster' (he didn't really, but I'm just putting that bit in so we can dine without hinderance).

When she arrived to the great hall, Glorfindel and Skyla were there already, similarly dressed. The first thing she noticed, of course, was the elf's hair. His lovely hair, cut short! She smiled though, thinking that it made him look particularly dashing.

Hiligan soon showed up, looking completely uncomfortable. One of the sleeves of the grand shirt he wore had been rolled up so it wouldn't get in the way... all of his own shirts were cut short because of his arm. The king was not yet present, and Fae and Earendel had yet to show up.

[Edited on 6/7/2005 by dreamdancer]
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2005 11:11
Glorfindel and Skyla met in the Great Hall. Feeling slightly embarrassed about rudeness to Earendel, Glorfindel remained silent. He had smiled briefly at Skyla, but said nothing to her. In truth he had really nothing to say, or he could think of nothing to say. It was going to take a while to except the young woman in her new role within their little group.

Sitting quietly on a stool in front of one of the fire pits, Glorfindel shifted uncomfortably in his new robes. The fabric was one much courser than he was used to, and it felt as if he was wearing a one piece, all over, brillo pad. But the colouring was simply marvellous, deep red and green, mixed with autumnal browns, laced with fine gold thread. An perfect autumn day rose up inside the depths of Glorfindel’s mind. He could almost sense the tall golden bows of the Mallorn trees in Lorien. There deep Golden leaves creating a vast canopy above his head, and the clear blue sky visible above, the golden sunlight coming down in dappled shades through the treetops and glancing fairly off a beautiful woman who moved between them.

Her smooth hair was tied back with a ribbon, and the light played off it, making it glimmer with a golden sheen. She was clad in a fine robe, and moved with such eloquence and grace that much befitted the role of the Elven Maiden she must be.

Glorfindel’s attention snapped back as Skyla jabbed him in the ribs, and so the vision of the woods and that fair autumn day subsided. But the glorious vision before him remained. But she was no elf, no it couldn’t be?

“RYN?”
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 08, 2005 03:50
"RYN?"

"What?"
Rynwyn looked down at herself, wondering what was wrong, then remembered that everyone in their 'group' had been grungy, dirty and bloody since their first meeting. Did she really look so different now, though? Glorfindel seemed to think so. She felt herself blushing under his gaze.
The young woman smiled and nodded in greeting to Skyla, then cast a dark look at Hiligan who didn't seem to find any of it amusing. She turned her eyes back on Glorfindel. He did look much different now. He looked rested- and of course, his hair was shorter, and he was actually clean. In the noble robes, he didn't seem a bit out of place. She stopped in front of where he sat and looked down at him. Ryn could think of nothing else to say. A smile played on her lips.
"I think we all clean up nicely, don't you?"
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 08, 2005 12:02
Brenna smiled a little in return to the elf - although she still didn't really trust elves in general she was begining to ajust a little to this one, and, of course, to Earendil, who was in her opinion more Rohiric than elven anyway.

Brenna took a seat at the fire pit beside Glorfindel, hoping to try and dry her hair a little more, twisting the unfamiliar material of her green dress in between two fingers. She had left most of her weapons in her room desite the threat of an assassin, confident that she was quick enough to draw and use the dagger strapped above her ankles, and knowing that her traveling companions would feel easier if she did not carry too many weapons. Brenna felt no quirms about leading them into feeling that she was reformed; in fact, she thought, that could be quite useful...

Brenna looked up to see Ryn come into the hall, and glancing side ways at Glorfindel she saw he hadn't seen her yet. A slight grin on her face, Brenna elbowed the elf, snapping his attention back to the real world.

As Ryn smiled at her she smiled in return, standing, and trying not to chuckle at Glorfindel and Ryn's reactions to one another. "Take my seat. I'll go and find somewhere where the love birds arn't twittering quite so loudly." Brenna joked.

((LMM, I think we posted almost at the same time... But I don't think we need to edit.))

[Edited on 8/7/2005 by purplefluffychainsaw]
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2005 12:03
"I think we all clean up nicely, don't you?"

“I…” Glorfindel stammered in reply, “I… I…”

He could feel his cheeks burning red under her gaze, he was not comfortable here. The lights, the people, the music. He didn’t belong here. And he knew it.

“Ryn…I… well…um…err…”

Was this all he could produce, a stream of incomprehensible babble. This was ridiculous he had negotiated and dealt with some of the greatest kings and lords of Middle-earth and the West. And here he was faltering in front of a Rohirric peasant! Pull yourself together Ingold!

Finally the assorted rubbish he had been spouting managed to arrange itself into a sentence.

“You look fantastic!”

WHAT! Was that it! Here is the most beautiful and vivacious woman on the planet, and all you can do is ogle and make her blush. Yeah, smooth move Casanova. What’s next? Drooling as well?

Hurriedly wiping his mouth, Glorfindel could feel every pair of eyes fixated on him. So he dropped his head into his hands, and pretended he wasn’t there.

What an idiot I’ve made of myself. You don’t even know why you’re here doing you? Hiligan’s right I’m screwing her around. It’ll all end in tears, god she’s blushing. Such a lively, attractive brilliant young woman and here’s a dolt like me drooling over her.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 08, 2005 05:58
Rynwyn grinned at Brenna's words and thanked her softly when she stood. She waited as Glorfindel tried to speak, and when he finally got it out, she blushed even more. Now he sat as if embarassed.
Sitting beside him, she looped her arm around his elbow, leaning against him.
"I thank you, " she said, then stopped. She didn't know what else to say to him. Her mind strayed back to that night under the stars, when he had kissed her. She would have liked to re-live that moment, but this was not the place or time.
Since she didn't know what else to say, she took her arm away and started ruffling his hair.
"A nice change- and its clean for once." she teased, hoping to get him smiling and to stop acting so flummoxed.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2005 10:51
"A nice change- and its clean for once." she teased, hoping to get him smiling and to stop acting so flummoxed.

Oh thank Vardra she liked his hair! Such an immense feeling of pleasure that Glorfindel had never experienced before, an exhilarating sensation that swept down his entire body and through every fibre of his being.

A broad smile spread across his face, and he laughed.

“You look beautiful,” he replied, “I mean absolutely stunning.”

Gently raising his hand, his caressed her cheek gently.

“Ryn, you are an amazing person, strong capable. In six thousand years I never met anyone like you, nor will I ever again.”

<< First7891011Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email