Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
Post Renegades - OOC
on: March 24, 2005 10:33
It was suggested that we set up an OOC for this thread, after a few misunderstandings. . As I was first online after the sugesstion was made, I've started it.

So here's the place to discuss matters like where we are, and who's fighting who.
--- All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Renegades - OOC
on: March 24, 2005 12:04
I'm confused as to whats going on, I think. lemme see if this is right: Menel, Galenfae, Gaeron, Thon and the rangers are still at the camp. Earendel is almost a mile away from the camp with hoshash and has run into trouble with some easterlings... though how they managed to get so far away in such a short time I'm befuddled about.. and Ainu has gone after them. apparantly, the easterlings know there's a camp, somehow. so will Ainu run in with them, return to the camp, or return to the camp after the easterlings get there, if they get there at all?
*blinks*
help....
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 12:49
okay, I think the problem was brought to a head by holodrum not reading carefully. It has already been pointed out that Earendil is in a tree, the orc is armed and would not be easy to disarm, there is no way that the easterlings would know that there is a camp ahead, or even that anyone there knew of the other elf. So everythiong that happened in his post has been scrapped. There is no way any of that could have happened. I think those that posted after that pertaining to the events with the easterlings need to edit or delete their posts. Ainu would obviously still know of the danger, as would the other elves, and so everyone would be prepared, but the events in the woods could not have happened that way. Not unless Easterlings can suddenly sense elves in trees and climb up after them and drag them out of a tree and manage a twenty foot drop with no injuries and disarm a battle ready orc armed with two knives. Which would put them in the super power category, and that is not allowed in a TT thread..
Galenfea, thank you for opening this, I had suggested it at the very beginning to Alsin and never got a response.

[Edited on 24/3/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 02:23
Lell is right. I am currently editing my entire post. It will be longer and more detailed and probly step on a few toes. Few other changes will be needed though. Hopefully. Holodrum does not know about a camp. one third of the Easterlings will be tracking the elf. Deal with them as you see fit. The other Easterlings are with me attacking an orc and an elf. I admit there may still be some questions but bear with me, I'm makeing this up as I go. It still stands though that I will finish tracking the elf and get to the camp, but Holo will be as surprised as your guys. I've adressed your current concerns I think and promise to pay more attention in the future.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 02:25
okay as long as you remember that the elf with the orc is in a tree 20 feet in the air, I don't think there will be a problem
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 02:25
Oh and Hoshash is getting her chance. Again I'll step on a few toes, but will slow my posts down in the furture. yes i remembered, but shes coming down.

[Edited on 25/3/2005 by holodrum]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 04:04
seems apparent to me as well that Holodrum first post should very have happened in the first place...unfortunitly it did... it was been delt with in the thread... there is nothing in my posts that would prevent Holodrum from having moreback up arrive after we split... While the post made no sense it has been worked threw and would seem logical just to let the mess go and not let things like that happen again...as long as Holodrum has learned to read posts more carefully so he does not make the same type of mistakes again.
It does not make any sence to stop an otherwise interesting thread for several days while the mess is corrected.. that is just the opinion of this poster.
It would be much more logical just to have this thread move forward rather than backwards
im done ranting now
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 04:36
My post should be okay, though, right? Since Ainu only just left the camp... ah, I'm too sleepy tonight anyway. I'll read it all again tomorow and see if I come up with anything for my elf to do... he's tired too. *pets Ainu*
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 05:21
Fine, I was thinking about the continuity of the storyline, but if everyone just wants to move forward, fine. I am in the camp ready to shoot the first thing I see coming out of the woods...oh and Holodrum, I AM IN A TREE with leaves on it, camouflaged, so you do not see me, and there is no way you will see that i am there, Ok?
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 06:35
Well Holodrum you managed what I did not think was possible and your revisted post makes even less sence then you original!

That was my big concern in haveing to go back and FIX it..
Is even less logical then the first!!!

YOU WENT from SUPER HUMAN to SUPER STUPID!!!

now that i have said my piece i will try and think of a logical way throught this.

If there is none then .......
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 03:34
Well your in luck I managed to make some sence out of the mess.
The thread has been saved and can go forward now.
Let us hope things like this dont happen again .
I have little patentce for stupidity especially when there is no need for it.
Yes about ten to 15 minutes has passed after my character escaped till the end of the post..dah..
Hope the one playing Hoshash post soon
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 06:30
I'm back! ^-^ I have now posted, and I made some minor changes in my previous post too. Nothing relevant, just to make it fit in better.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 07:06
Well Holodrum you managed what I did not think was possible and your revisted post makes even less sence then you original!

That was my big concern in haveing to go back and FIX it..
Is even less logical then the first!!!

YOU WENT from SUPER HUMAN to SUPER STUPID!!!

There is no cause for being so mean... holodrim made an attempt to correct his post and apologized for his mistake. If you have problems with posts making sense, I still have trouble understanding what some of yours say. We don't need to have a fight over this..

[Edited on 25/3/2005 by dreamdancer]
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 07:19
*holds head in hands* thank you dream. And again I'm sorry for confuseing everyone. I was trying to introduce my character in the most interesting way possibible. Obviosly I overshot. I'm an aspireing creative writer and I'll tend to exagerate, especially if Labrynas in my head.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 10:37
Don't tell me holodrum, you're a certified Roleplay addict?
And I think everyone should calm down and stop getting on everyone else's case thankyou very much. There is no place for behaviour like that in this thread, if it continues things will happen.
So far people have made an effort to keep going and, confusing though it is I feel, with a slight slowing down for a while, it will all make sense in the end.
holodrum, is you just try and insert your character in a way that makes sense you are fully welcome.
Just keep writing forward people and it will be alright on the night.
And hey, this kind of think is what a free and pretty unscripted Thread is all about!

[Edited on 3/4/2005 by Alsin_of_the_Forest]
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 11:38
Yes Alsin, I am certifiable.

Again thank you Alsin. May I just say one thing to Tawar though?

Earendel was surrounded by four or five Easterlings, and had a knife pressed against her throught. Apparently you just had her kill three men, wound another and get out from under the knife without a scratch. Who's going superhuman now? *breaths deeply calms down* but Alsin is right. This is fully unscripted (almost) and things will happen that dont make sence. I had some ideas that could have moved with this thread. Unfortunettly it required a couple of prisoners and more then one wounded man in my party. It will be harder now, but I can still do it. Possibly. So long as you trust me alittle. Its not as crazy as lighting up a forest to get one elf and an orc. I think.

[Edited on 26/3/2005 by holodrum]
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 12:02
I'm going to the beach today. I have major school work to do before Monday. Dont expect to see me till Tuesday. Dont kill me. Dont kill my men. Move on, stay where you are, I dont care. I'll catch up when I can. Cyall later.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 01:32
Lucky you who can go to the beach... Where I live, it's still freezing cold outside. I'm expecting to see a polar bear wander by... or not really, but, um.. you get the point, it's COLD.

Anyway, back to topic Don't worry, we won't kill you. We'll make something out.. *Hoshash waves a white flag of parley, then hides in a bush*
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 08:50
I wish I could go to the beach! *sigh* its just stormy here... no sunshine or seagulls...

yes, we shall figure out something to do.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 08:31
I think I'm gonna let Ainu have a run-in with some easterlings... how does that sound to yall? is Hoshash alright with that?
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 08:38
*Bites fingernails* good luck!
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 11:42
Sure!
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 29, 2005 12:17
posted! ^_^
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2005 06:50
Great post, dreamdancer!
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 06:34
Hello again,

I've been doing some thinking about my involvement here. Dont worry I'm not quiting, just thinking. Holodrum has always been a variable character for me, and I thought you guys deserved some info on where he's coming from this time.

About a month ago, in thread time, Holodrum was in the employ of a large band of Easterlings led by Holos brother. His brother, going by the name of Tharand, is a power hungry overlord and is quite reckless. leaving the employ of that group Holo hoped to later bring his brother down. Persuading 15 Haradrim to come with him Holodrum started his own pretty succesful renegade group. The group grew larger as time went on and Holodrum need some new information on his brother.
When Holodrum left his base he took a few men with him and infiltrated Tharands HQ. It was then he "liberated" Gearon and got a few new recruits from Tharands horde. On the way back to Holos base, gearon escaped and Holodrum entered the thread.

Some of this I just thought up and some of it may change before the thread is over, but thats a basic overview of Holodrum in this thread. When i write I like to imply and allude to alot without telling much untill the right time. I'll try not to do that so much.

All I've left unexplained is future plans. Do you want me to tell you what i plan? Or would you prefer to wing it with me?
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 07:22
This thread is all about winging it, although the past info is useful holodrum, it could end up as an orgy for all I care (Although I'm sure the mods would have something to say about that!) so let's go wherever the wind, and my little bit of script, take us.
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 07:25
Hey, Holo!

Winging sounds good to me, so long as there aren't any more arguments...
However, can I just ask a bit about Gaeron? Mostly, what happened to him with Tharand/with Holodrum? What were you trying to get him to tell you?
If answering any of that means spoiling any surprises, then don't worry, I'm just curious about what exactly I'm dealing with.
*pets Gaeron*
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 11:56
Gaeron had been held by Tharand for awhile. Most of the grievous wounds were inflicted by Tharand, but while Holodrum had infiltrated Tharands base, Holodrum took over some of the interrogations. Holodrum tried mostly to find out what Gaeron had already told Tharand, but Gearon didn't like the idea of telling a whole new group of Easterlings whatever he had already said. Holodrum never really found out anything before Gearon escaped.
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 12:12
When my boys come in sight of the clearing who all will i be seeing? Just want to make sure I dont anger/confuse anyone again.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 12:30
*wings*
thankee for your comment, Iell! I dont do battling posts often... well, thats the 3rd one ever, actually...
so fun. XD What must happen to Ainu now? *goes off to ponder*

[Edited on 30/3/2005 by dreamdancer]
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 12:40
As far as I can tell, Holo, you'll be seeing Gaeron and Earendel - so the two you've met, and no others.
Thanks for saying!

And, Dreamdancer, can I add my name to Iell's comment? :blush:

I'm going to be away for a few days. All I ask is that you don't kill off Galenfea or Gaeron. Apart from that, feel free to move them about, script them, whatever! (within reason...)
See you later!
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 01:22
thanks!! *blushblush*
we shall miss thee! *hugs*
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 06:52
Cya later and thanks for the info
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 02:59
Ok I know I've said my 'friend' is coming and you guys are going after some new guys. My 'friend' is not coming till later though. I'm saying that because we need time before they get here. You guys can still find some more Haradrim to finish. I dont care who you find, but its not the final group, not yet. I'm rearangeing my plans, as I speak. cya IC.

[Edited on 5/4/2005 by holodrum]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 02:25
If some one wants to figure out riding arrangements it really does matter to my char.
other then she would prefere Holo to be dead then on her horse.

Any other arrangement are fine or we can just go forward and let things come out as they may.

Remember my char still has arrow in her so anyone riding with her will need to be carefull.

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email