Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
Post The Treason of Dol Guldur (unscripted and open!)(keep)
on: April 11, 2005 02:54
Ok, those who have read my other RPG might know a little bit about my character, Ardinlas. Well, I'm starting another one that deals with the earlier life of Ardinlas. I encourage anyone to join. To get the grip of this RPG, I recommend skimming my other one, currently still in the making (anyone can join that one too!).

Setting: Mirkwood (at the start of the battles of the War of the Ring; during the attacks of Dol Guldur)

In the dwellings of King Thranduil of Mirkwood, in her room, Ardinlas sat at her desk, writing of the going-ons in the realm. She was writing if the attacks of Dol Guldur, of which she was a part. Then, a very fair Elf came into her room. Mithlirian was his name, and his skill with the bow was almost unmatched.
The Half-Elven maid looked at Mithlirian. "Yes?"
"King Thranduil wants you, Ardinlas," replied Mithlirian. "He wishes you to go into battle soon. The attacks are getting worse on Dol Goldur. He can't go because he needs to stay here and deal with the wretched creature Gollum."
"I see. Very well." Ardinlas stood and went to where her uncle was.
"You wished to see me, Uncle?" Ardinlas asked.
Thranduil turned to her. "Yes. Mithlirian probably told you of what I want you to do."
"Yes.
"Then I have no need to tell you what to do. Ride quick and hard. Take some companions with you."
"Yes, my lord."
"Good luck, then. Farewell."
"Farewell."
Ardinlas inclined her head and left the room. She went to collect her companions.

[Edited on 10/2/2006 by Dinenlasse]

[Edited on 21/2/2006 by Dinenlasse]

[Edited on 16/3/2006 by Dinenlasse]

[Edited on 5/2/2006 by Dinenlasse]

[Edited on 7/19/2006 by Dinenlasse]

[Edited on 8/28/2006 by Dinenlasse]

[Edited on 9/12/2006 by Dinenlasse]

[Edited on 2/7/2007 by Dinenlasse]
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Treason of Dol Guldur (unscripted and open!)(keep)
on: April 12, 2005 10:07
OOC: I feel special, first person to join!! My character is Arwyn Meluimiel, daughter of Elladan, grand-daughter of Elrond!

Arwyn had been on her travels for a long time, she was hoping to go to her mother's home of Mirkwood, she always loved the country, but she had quickened her pace when she heard that there was a battle going on there. The battle of Dol Guldur, she lightly kicked her horse Telen to make haste to the palace of King Thranduil, she had never been aquainted with the King, but she was good friends with his son Legolas.

Arwyn finally made it to the palace, she dismounted her horse, and put him in a stable closeby, that appeared to be empty. She made her way to the palace, she tried to get through the door, but a guard stood in her way.
"Please sir, allow me to pass."
The guard looked at her suspiciously, "Are you the Lady Arwen, daughter of Elrond?"
Arwyn was annoyed, she looked so much like he Aunt that they could pass for twins, "No, I am her neice, Arwyn Meluimiel, my mother lived here, I have come to swear my alliegance to King Thranduil, to fight for him in this up-coming war."
The guard looked at her annoyed, "There is no war coming."
"I beg your pardon good sir, but you have not seen what I have seen on my travels. Now, may I please pass?"
The guard looked her once more over and relented. Arwyn walked quickly as if she knew where she was going, but she did not. She found and door and walked through it, hoping it would take her to Thranduil.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 09:38
(OCC: I would love to join, I think my character would fit in well... But I need to know some things for her first. Amarie is Elronds niece, so she will know Arwyn. Sometimes she is Legolas's lover- tell me if she should be in this roleplay or not. Otherwise she is just his friend. For details see character information Amarie Halfelven.)

"Lady Amarie, you are summoned to Lord Elrond." the servent looked at her, waiting.
"Very well," Amarie replied, releasing the tension on her bow and putting the arrow back in the quiver next to her. She wondered what her uncle wanted of her now. She just had been in the middle of training. But such a summons could not be ignored. She had tried several times and it had always turned nasty afterwords.
Without further delay she followed the servant to Elrond's study. On entering she immedialtly saw her cousin Elladan and wincked. She loved her cousins, who were more like brothers to her.
"I came as quickly as I could... "Amarie started, looking from Elrond to Elladan, who both looked serious. This will probably be another messenger job for me. Amarie thought. She had been delivering messages for her uncle ever since she had completed her training in weapons and healing.
Elrond looked at Amarie "Amarie," he began "We have a serious mission for you. I have seen great evil stiring in Middle Earth. War might be upon us soon. Elladan has been greatly worried about Arwyn. She has been gone for a long time now. Seeing the circumstances she should return home. It will be your task to find her and bring her back."
Great, Amarie thought. She knew Arwyn from the time she was a little baby and she liked her very much, but to roam through all of Middle Earth surching for her seemed nigh impossible. It would take years!
Amarie turned to Elladan "Where do you think she might be?"
Elladan shrugged. "I'm not sure, but she always liked Mirkwood... although that's just a wild guess..."
"Very well then", Amarie sighed "I'll ride at dawn; Mirkwood will be my fist try. I'll send you messages from wherever I can."
She truned to go and prepare. Mirkwood, she thought.It will be great to see Legolas again.

In the early in the morning she left for Mirkwood.

[Edited on 15/4/2005 by Liswen]
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 10:07
OOC: Liswen, just to let you know, It is normal for Arwyn to be out, she doesn't have a home really to speak of, she just travels around. You don't have to change anything, I like this approach. But I just thought you should know. I take it Thranduil is a universal character, if not, I have to totally re-do this post!

Arwyn opened the door, and it was the door she wanted, the door to the throne room of Thranduil Greenleaf, king of Mirkwood. He was speaking to someone else at the moment, a half-elven woman.
"Oh," Arwyn said startled, "I am sorry, I will come back later, you probably don't even know who I am. But, I will return." Arwyn turned to leave, just as she had come, but Thranduil stopped her.
"Wait, Arwyn daughter of Elladan, grand-daughter of Elrond." Arwyn stopped cold in her steps, he remembered her?

She turned to face him just as he told the woman he was speaking to, "Farewell."
The woman bowed to Thranduil and then bowed her head to Arwyn on the way out, Arwyn bowed back.
"Come to me, Arwyn Undomiel." He chuckled, "Or should I say Meluimiel, you do not go by your rightful name while out on your travels am I right?"
Arwyn nodded, "Yes, my Lord." She paused, "I have come to swear my allegiance to you, to Mirkwood, word has come to my ears that your country is involved in a battle. I have come to fight for my mother's homeland." Arwyn took a deep bow, to honor her allegiance.
Thranduil smiled and said, "What you have heard is true, but do your father and grand-father know about this? Your little escapade to fight for me? I do not want to upset them."
Arwyn pondered that for a moment, "Well, no, my lord. I have not seen my family in a very long while. They would probably be honored to have a family member fighting in the beginnings of this great war."
"This great war?" Thranduil said questioningly. "What have you heard?"
Arwyn sighed heavily, "I have heard much on my travels." She paused as a seat was set down right beside her. She sat down. "I have heard that orcs are being bred again, in Isengard, actually, an orc-goblin mix."
Thranduil looked horrified, "This means they can travel by sunlight, for long distances."
Arwyn nodded.
"You may just be right about this great war, my dear Arwyn. As for fighting, please, stay in my palace for a few days, the battle will be going on still in a few days. Take some rest."
Arwyn nodded, bowed, and left the room with a servant that was taking her to her chambers.

Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 02:13
(OOC : I understood it like that. It is just because of the war that she is being called back.)

Amarie rode hard the first day. She made camp near the road and continued the next morning. In a nearby town she stopped to pick up supplies. It would take a few days until she reached Mirkwood.

Amarie thought back on the many times she had been there before. Mirkwood was an enchanting place, very different form Rivendell or Lothlorien. Amarie had always enjoyed being there. But now the circumstances were different. A war was brewing, evil was stiring and she for the first time was afraid of the futrure.

In towns and villages Amarie could feel the fear of the people and that fear grew when she neared Mirkwood.

[Edited on 15/4/2005 by Liswen]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 04:49
(O.C.C. Welcome everyone!! Whatever happens in here is fine!)

Ardinlas received a mesasge from Thranduil that a maid was in her home, and she set about looking for her. She found Arwyn and asked, "What business have you here? I am Ardinlas, niece of Thranduil. I am hoping to go into battle soon and am in need of companions."
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 08:47
After weeks of travelling Amarie finally reached Mirkwood. The guard just looked at her, nodded and let her pass. She was known well enough here to have that liberty. When she reached the palace, she immediatley began looking for Arwyn.

Finally, after a lot of asking around she was directed to the room Arwyn was staying in. When she entered it, however, it was empty. Exhausted form the travelling Amarie lay down on the bed and quickly fell asleep.

[Edited on 27/4/2005 by Liswen]
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 10:01
Arwyn was startled by this woman, "Ardinlas, neice of Thranduil, I am Arwyn Meluimiel grand-daughter of Elrond, Lord of Rivendell. I have come to answer the threat that has been put on this land. I was raised here, i love Mirkwood, almost more than my Rivendell. Will you accept me to fight for you?"

Arwyn bowed her head and waited to see if Ardinlas would accept her to fight or dismiss her to return to her travels.

[Edited on 26/4/2005 by DFK6498]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 24, 2005 09:47
Ardinlas looked at Arwyn and smiled. "Of course you may come," she said. "What weapons do you use, and do you have a horse? I have a white horse and am very capable with any weapon, but I prefer a sword." Arwyn nodded.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 24, 2005 09:53
As Ardinlas was speaking to Arwyn, Mithlirian came in and said," Ardinlas, I am coming with you as a guard. You will need help battling, and there will be two others coming with us."
Ardinlas looked at Mithlirian, slightly annoyed. "Very well. This is Arwyn, daughter of Elladan. She is coming also." Mithlirian inclined his head to her.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 02, 2005 11:43
(Welcome! The more the merrier!!!)
Ardinlas looked at Aridauz. She raised an eyebrow and replied, “Welcome to Mirkwood. Your lord doubts my capabilities as a warrior?”
“Never. He just wishes for you to have me as a companion,” Aridauz replied.
“I see. Of course you may come. The more warriors, the better. The darkness in the South is heading toward Dol Guldur, and I am headed to stop it. What have you in the way of weapons and such?” Though her tone was serious, Ardinlas smiled and extended her hand. “By the way, to make formal introductions, I am Ardinlas, daughter of Arínar. May I inquire about your name?” Ardinlas rested her other hand on her sword Wyndfar and gazed steadily at Aridauz.
HalfElf_Bearon
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2005 07:53
OOC: I am afraid that i will have to bow out of this, for all of its promise. The Mods have come down with both feet on the newbie. So, you guys can so what you wish with Aridauz. (I'm assuming that you don't want to move your thread) If you guys will give me a day or two Elrond might make an appereance since all characters i TT have to be 'from the books.'

my regrets, i thought Aridauz was doing well.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2005 09:15
(( This thread seams to be a great one to put my char. Bain into. She is a Lorien elf with experince as a gaurdien and healer. At the end of her bio it is explained that she has to go to Mirwood on a matter of family honor. Her bio will be posted to this site by the end of my day today.))

Bain had been riding steadily for some days. Whe entered the lands of Mirwood she was in awe. Her father told her about it but this was her first trip to her fathers homeland.

She had memorized the directions to the palace. It was not difficult to find. Upon arriving at the edge of the court yard she was stopped by a gaurd and had to explain that she was here on a matter of great honor. THe gaurd allowed her in but accompanined her. Telling her that she would need to freshen up from her ride and then she could explain her story to the kings advisor.

She chaffed at the delay but was shown to a room by a servant. Who asked if she wanted more proper attire. To which Bain replied as long as it is leggings and a tunic.

While bain was bathing a new tunic and set of leggings were brought.

Bain was dressed and ready but know it would be a little while yet before her audeince with the advisor. Bain sat down on the bed to deside what to do.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 10, 2005 12:31
(If anyone needs info on Ardinlas, read her character bio in the DB!)

A messenger arrived to tell Ardinlas of the new arrival. She bowed out the room with the other arrivals and Mithlirian and followed the messenger to a small room by the courtyard. The Half-Elven knocked and was admitted by a fair maid.
"Hello," Ardinlas said courteously, bowing her head. "And what might your name be?"
"I am Bain. I'm a healer and a guard," the maid replied, inclining her head also.
"I see. I am Ardinlas, daughter of Arinar, and niece to King Thranduil. What brings you here?" The fire-eyed maiden waited for Bain's story.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2005 07:15
Bain spoke softly but with determination. "I am here on a matter of family honor. I cant speak of it more then that until im before King Thranduil."

Ardinlas was accostumted to getting full information from most poeple because of her relationship to the king. There was no doubt in her mind the this maid would keep her word and say no more to her. She chose to say"You will need to promise me that you will not try and harm the king."

Bain nodded the acceptance of this and said. "You have my word that king Thranduil will come to no harm at my hand."

Ardinlas turned and walked Bain to the kings audence chamber.

Where she introuced Bain, "here is Bain, a healer and a gaurd, here on a matter of family honor." Then she stepped a side and Bain glances at King Thranduil before dropping to one knee and bowing her head deeply.

She spoke "I am here your grace to fulfill the pledge made to you by Bellison some 1800 years ago." Then she pulled the tiny knife from the belt and extended it hilt first toward the king, with only the slightlest hint of a tremble.

Ardinlas had tensed when the knife had been drawn but with it being hilt first and Bain's current possition she wasnt too worried about her uncle. Then she took a second look at the knife. "Uncle, this knife has your personal crest in it."

King Thariduil nodded. "As it should, Bellison was a member of my personal gaurd for many centuries before he request 2000 years off to try and win his loves heart." He looked closely at Bain. "You are not the elleth he was in love with when he left here. Raise. And tell me why you are here to fulfull Bellison's promise."

Bain rose and looked at the king, she saw all the good things her father had told her would be there. " am here to fulfull his pledge because he was my father and he died some centuries ago, before he made his way back here."

The king spoke after thinking for a full minute" Tell me the rest of it."

Bain spoke. "My father died while on patrol with me. He died because, to that time, I had been unwilling to learn anything about healing. He was wounded and all I could do was carry him to a gathering point of gaurds. Some time later another arrived and he know no more them me. My father died with in hours of his arrival at the healers, the orc blades had been piosoned. My only brother is also dead as is my mother. I am the only one left to fulfill my father's pledge and Im here to do so." At which she bowed her head again and held out the knife to the king.

((ooc- coe has been eating this post, so im going to post it now and come back and typos better now, sorry if I confused anyone))

[Edited on 13/11/2005 by tawar_meldis]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 11, 2005 12:46
(That's ok! I can read it fine!)

Ardinlas listened to the conversation with interest. She had heard tell of Bellison, and here was his daughter. She withdrew her father's dagger and inspected the blade. As she was doing this, Ardinlas said," Well, if you're here to fulfill a pledge, I know how you can do this. Uncle, may I speak?"
Thranduil nodded and replied, "You may."
Ardinlas turned to Bain. "Come with me and fight at Dol Guldur in the southern part of the forest. I am going there in place of the king, and I am in need of companions. Your skills as a healer will be needed."
Thranduil looked at Bain and said,"Yes, this would be a good way to honor the pledge and honor your father's memory."
Bain nodded. "I see."
Thranduil handed Bain the knife and said, "This is your's now. Use it well, and let me know of your decision."
Bain knelt and bowed her head. "Yes, your Majesty."
The Elven-king turned to his niece. "If you are leaving on the morrow, have your supplies ready." He looked at Bain. "Will you leave us for a moment? Ardinlas will be with you in a moment." Bain, recognizing the dismissal, nodded and walked out of the chamber.
Thranduil refocused his attention on his sister, Arnedil's, daughter. "You know I really want you to stay here because of what happened to your mother and father." Ardinlas' parents, the Man Arinar and the Sindarin Elf Arnedil had been slain by Orcs many years before. "However, I can't deny you the right, not when you have the spirit of the warrior or the skills of your father." His voice was hoarse.
Ardinlas was shocked. She had never seen her uncle like this. "I see, Uncle, but if nothing is done, the defile of Mordor will continue to spread. You and I know this is the beginning of something much bigger, but what can we do? If we do nothing, the darkness will spread. If we fight, perhaps some of the darkness will fade."
"Ardinlas, I have a feeling the darkness will not fade for a long time. We are nearing the end of our time, I can feel it and so can Elrond in Imladris (Rivendell). However, you must go, and I can do nothing to stop you. So go, and I will see you later." He stood, put his hands on her shoulders, and kissed her forehead. Ardinlas bowed and left.
She walked Bain to her room and said, "If you need anything, let me know." Bain nodded and went into her room. She could tell something was wrong with Ardinlas, the way her eyes had been sad, but she didn't know what.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2005 05:16
Baim put her concerns for Ardinlas aside. She know what leaving in the morning would mean. She would need to make sure her healing suppies were in full stock and that her bades were sharp, as well as having a quiver full of arrows. To accomplish all three of these things would leave little time for anything else. But is had to be done.

Bain knew that she had used some of her supplies on the trip. There had been some wounded that had needed tending. So she first went thew her suppiles. She was short a few things. Then she inspected her arrows. She would need to replace a few of them if she could. Plus her quiver was at least 4 short of being full. Haveing been into battle before she know how much those could be worth. Then she pulled each of her weapons and checked them. As usualy after there last used they were throughly cleaned but not resharpened.

Bain left her room and it only took her a couple of minutes to find a servant. Bain spoke softly as was her fashion, "please take me to the healing area." The servant nodded and motioned for her to come along. Once there Bain explained to the healer that was present. "i will be leaving in the morning for the battle field and as a trained and experienced healer there are some thing I am running a little short on." She then gave the list of what she needed.

As the healer was gathering suppies he spoke, "you are a healer but why are you waering warroir braids?

Bain chuckled. "I am both, a healer and a warrior." The healer nodded and gave Bain her needed supplies.

Bain returned to her room with her supplies and repacked her bags. Bain realized it was approaching the time for an evening meal with traveling she had not eating a lot for the past few days so she was wondering were the evening meal might be gotten. She steped out of her room to look for another servant and saw Ardinlas coming toward her. She spoke " I have gotten my healing supplies replenished. Now I could use supper and some arrows. Then, by dawn, I will be ready to move out."

((OOc- you can deside if your alone or not as you feel. Hope this doesnt trample on anyones time line.))
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 14, 2005 01:04
Ardinlas looked at Bain and replied, "If you're hungry, then come with me." Laughter was in her eyes. Bain was starting to feel more comfortable around the hard-eyed warriormaid. "If your supplies are ready, then meet out in front of the main gateway in the morning with your mount, if you have one." Bain nodded and followed Ardinlas.
Ardinlas left Bain near the dining room and went to consult with Mithlirian. She found him near a study. They talked late into the night. The two discussed Ardinlas' plans for the following morning. The fair-haired, blue-eyed Elf was to accompany Ardinlas and whoever her companions were.

(I will write more whem I have the time!!)
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2005 02:05
Bain left Ardinlas and went in to the dinning hall. Inside she saw long tables well laid for a good meal. As she looked around for a place to sit she was hailed by a pair of ellyn not far from the door. It worked for her so she joined them.

While introdutions were being made Bain was filling her plate.

One of her companions commented, "you intend to eat well tonight, why?"

Bain replied, "at dawn I haed out for the border to fight and hopefully to save a few lives with my healing skills."

The second one commented, "You are both a healer and a fighter, that is a rare combination." He added with a touch of sarcasm in his voice. "How about meding my lonelyness to night."

Bain had senced these weren't great or highly honorabe elves so the comment was simply ingored. Bain ate her meal without any further comment. The 2 elves did try several more time to bait her into some sort of reaction. Bain had been treated that way before by elves who did not know of her abilities of ignoring them was simple.

After she was done wating she excuesed herself and went to find a servant to diect her to the amory. Once ther it only took a few mintes to get the arrows she needed to fill her quiver.

On her way back to her room oneof her diner compainions hailed ehr and said. "How do you intend on using those. You have no bow."

Bainlaughed. "I have have a good solid Lorien made bow in my room thank you. If you will excuse me again I have a sword a nd a couple a dagger that need a bit of sharpening before I head out at dawn"With that she walked away from them and went to her room.

Once ther she sharped her blades and went to sleep.

Before dawn she waws up and outside with her chestnut mare and her weapond asnd healing herbs.

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 29, 2005 12:23
Ardinlas was ready with Shadow as the sun rose over Mirkwood. Great day for battling, Ardinlas thought sarcastically to herself. The fair Elf Mithlirian came up to her astride his bay stallion. "Are you ready to leave?" He asked.
"As ready as I'll ever be." She had said her farewells to King Thranduil and was anxious to leave. She saw Bain and walked over to her and her chestnut mare. The trio mounted their horses and rode slowly through the green forest.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 05, 2005 01:25
This is O.C.C. also. I do not know what happened to the last post, but I can assume the character wasn't appropriate for the forum. Last time I checked, the character was here, but not now. I hope to find out, but if not, we should continue with the thread.
[Edited on 5/12/2005 by Dinenlasse]

[Edited on 5/12/2005 by Dinenlasse]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 05, 2005 01:51
(I think we need t omove this thread along so here is an idea.)

Ardinlas heard the crash of brush first. She halted Shadow and drew her sword. Mithlirian followed suit. "What's wrong?" the Elf asked.
"I don't know," Ardinlas replied, listening carefully to the woodland around them.
Bain rode up to them and voiced her opinion (I hope you don't mind!). "I think it is a rider of some sort."
Ardinlas was inclined to agree with Bain. "Yes, I think so too."
As if on cue, a rider came trotting toward the three, a slender figure on the mount's back. Ardinlas looked keenly at the rider. "What are you doing here?" Ardinlas asked, placing a hand on the blood-red hilt of her sword, Wyndfar.

[Edited on 6/12/2005 by Dinenlasse]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2006 05:37
ooc- I hope you dont mind me tunning with this a bit, after all no one else has replyd.

ic- The ellon responded, "I am Bellison I was sent to round up some reinforncements and if possible a healer. We just had a heavey battle. The commander is hoping for more fighters before the orcs regroup and attack again."

Bain replied, "your in luck I am a healer and all of us were on our way to the fright."

Bell was shocked but he recoverd quickly. "come then we have 3 badly wounded and serveal mildly wounded."

Bell truned his mount and headed back were he came from.

Bain and the others followed him.

Once the reach teh site Bain quicly dismounts and heads straight for the area Bell told her the badly wounded are.

Bain quickly starts her work on the 3 badly injured. Two of them will be able to fight in a few of days. The third one may not be so lucky. Bain concentraits most of her time on him. With in an hour he is stablizing a will survive. The bad new is that Bain is not sure if he will ever have the strength to fight again.

ooc- hope you did not have anything specail in mind if you did let me know and I will edit.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 26, 2006 03:23
(Everything is fine! Sry I haven't posted)

Ardinlas looked at the going-ons and helped where she could. She knew her place was on the battlefield, but she waited so she could talk to Bain. Eventually, Ardinlas left Bain and went to the captain of the Elves that were at Dol Guldur, Celebeth. He was a handsome Elf, with fair hair and startlingly blue eyes. They started to discuss the position of the Elves there.
"How are the Elves doing?" Ardinlas asked Celebeth.
"You haven't come too soon, Ardinlas," Celebeth replied gravely. "Reinforcements are on the way from the South, and we need all the help we can get."
"Do you want me to go recruit some of our own reinforcements?"
"Who is there to recruit? You can try, but hurry back soon. We'll need as many warriors as we can get."

Ardinlas went to find Bain. She found her in the healing tents. "I need you to come with me to go get help. Will you come?"
Bain hesistated. She was torn between wanting to help the hurt or going with Ardinlas. She bit her lip as she thought.

[Edited on 27/1/2006 by Dinenlasse]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2006 06:38
Bain knew that Ardinlas had good reason for wanting her to go, but she had good reasons to stay.

Bains duty was to stay. she spoke to Ardinlas." I need to stay and keep tending the wounded. I am the only healer until reinforcements arrive. If I leave now there is a very good chance that one of these honorable ellon will be in mandos halls before we get back. As a healer I cannot start treatment then leave when there is more that will need to be done and no one to do it."

Bain heard the elleth sigh and added "I am a stranger here the only place I might have a small amount of pull would be at my grandfathers village and that is not on the direct path to the larger settlements. Plus i doubt there are any there up to fighting that are not here already. My father made it plan to me that the family always made a habit of defending MIrkwood from any evil that reared its ugly head."

Bain continued. "You are a good honorable elleth you will do well. I feel it. The only help I can be until the next battle begins in to make sure all injures are treated and be ready to treat the next batch. When the fighting begins I will join the figthers. If you plan on grabbing a few more reinforcements before that, i suggest you hurry."

With that Bain returned to her healing and Ardinlas headed out of the tent immediately.

Bain saw a couple more mildly wounded come in a dealt with them. One the way out the asked. "who was carrying the Lothlorien bow and sword?"

Bain replied, "They are mine. When the fighting starts I will join the ranks."

At that moment a low ranking officer had walked in. "Not if I have anything to say about it. We need a healer to heal not fight."

Bain sighed. "I spend many centuries as a lorien gaurd I am capable of fighting as well. Plus I have been told you are in grave need of fighter now."

The office nodded," but what good are reinfocement if they die due to not having a healer." He then presented hs minor wound for treatment. "You are the only one with healing skills and until we get another you need to stay away from the front lines. I will make sure coomanderCelbeth kows that you have saved him." With that he nodded toward the worst hurt ellon. "We had all but given up on his survival."

Bain nodded. "He may survive but it will be a long time before he will even be able to ride again let alone fight. I hope to keep him from Mandos halls but the final call on that is still with the Valor. I have done all within my power for him."

The officer walked away. Bain went back to the seriously ill ellon. He was very weak but while he still slept there was nothing more to do. Much to Bains surprise he moaned softly. Bain steped back over to him.

His eyes slowly opened, he looked dazed and confused. He spoke softly"I had not expected to see a bain elleth upon opening my eyes in mandos hall, but im not objecting."

Bain chuckled, "You are a good fighter and i assure you that you hve not gone to mandos halls and if I have anything to so about it you wont."

The ellon chuckled and this brought a look of pain into his eyes. "Very well m'lady"

Bain shock he head. "i am simply a healer and a fighter, not a lady ther is no need of such..." she stopped in mid sentence. There was a slight sound of someone entering the tent but Bain had seen that the side that this one came in from was wooded and as such it was not likely to be a friend.

Bain eyes glanced to the front of the tent trying to deside if she would have time to get her regualar weapons. The look on her patients face told her that the enemy was already close at hand.

She heard the foot fall and knew it was appoaching. The only weapon she had was the small knife the king had given her. It was barely 4inches long but she had to defend her pateints.

She dropped swung around suddenly and threw the knife with all the strength she had, straight into the orcs neck.

She dived after it with a yell. Between the knife and her own wight the orc fell backward.

Bain was able to just barely grab a dager from the side of the filthy creature and roll away before it swung a sword at her. The end of it missed her by just a fraction of an inch.
Both the orc and the elleth scrambled quickly to their feet.

The orc swung again. this time Bain meet him with his own dagger. It was clumsy and ackward but it did the job.

The orc stepped back and raised the sword again. This time he turned toward the defensless ellon lying onthe bed and was going to kill him. Bain did not hesatate her actions pushed by the adrenilen of saving someone else, she dove rigth back at the orc. Plunging its own dager into its shoulder as she went. Bain rolled away from the orc again. Again they both got to their feet.

Bain Heard a male voice call from the other end of the tent."down healer, ill take it out."

Bain ducked and waited. It took less then 2 seconds for the speaker to shoot the orc in the heart. then a second arrow followed. In a couple more seconds the orc lay dead.

Bain Looked at the shooter, "thank you greatly." It was the young officer that had just left here.

Bain went back to the badly wounded ellon and made sure that no harm had come to him.

The officer (Bregon) came forward. "way any harm done to you or any of you patients"

Bain shook her head. "me and my pateints are fine. My name is Bain by the way."

The weak ellon spoke softly, "I called you bain but your name is Bain." he chuckled lightly at that thought.

The office came over a clasped Bain's arm. "glad to meet you Bain. I am Bregon. I am glad to see you are safe, and your patients recovering."

ooc- will edit (typos and such) it tomarrow I hope it works for you
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 03, 2006 12:44
Ardinlas was a little bewildered about Bain, but she understood her concern. "Very well," she had replied, and she had hurried out of the tent, whistling for Shadow as she did. As she mounted him, Ardinlas looked for Celebeth. She found him rushing for the Elven warriors' shelters. "Celebeth, what is wrong?" Ardinlas asked hurridly, Shadow trotting alongside the running Elf.

"Orcs are attacking!" Celebeth shouted as he ran swiftly through the encampment.

Ardinlas sighed frustrated. Orcs, the foulest beings in Middle-Earth, in her opinion. She wheeled Shadow around and charged toward the group of thirty Orcs that came pouring into the camp. Unsheathing her sword, Wyndfar, she looked for the place that needed the most help.

Her companion, Mithlirian, rode up beside her on his horse, Tathar, a pretty chestnut mare. "Ardinlas, where are you off to?"

"Celebeth wants me to get some aid to stop the consistent attacks such as this one," the Half-Elf replied as she galloped into the horde, Mithlirian beside her.

Shadow leaped into the fray as Elf archers mingled near the edges of the horde, firing accurate shots. Those with swords had gone into the middle of the group, slashing with sharp blades that went through Orc armor like a warm knife through butter. Mithlirian stayed on the side as an archer.

Ardinlas wielded Wyndfar expertly as Shadow maneuvered her into the least dangerous places. An Orc tried to stab Ardinlas with a halberd, but she parried the heavy weapon and slew the enemy with a single stab in the chest.

The battle was soon over. Unfortunately for Ardinlas, she had only slain three of the horde. Her warrior blood had been getting roused, and her eyes had started burning with a fire, but when the battle was over, Ardinlas halted Shadow and gained her breath.

Mithlirian rode up beside her again, hardly winded. He smiled at her breathlessness. She looked at him in mock anger and said, "You are lucky you aren't a Half-Elf, Mithlirian. Then, you'd be breathing hard as I am."

He smiled wider and replied, "I know. But if I were, you could count on me staying and shooting arrows instead of wielding a large, bulky blade like you are."

"You shoot arrows anyway."

The Elf laughed and said, "Do you want me to come with you when you go off?"

Ardinlas nodded, and after saying goodbye to Celebeth, the pair, Ardinlas on Shadow and Mithlirian on Tathar, rode off swiftly south through Mirkwood, hoping to recruit some help for the troubled area near Dol Guldur.

[Edited on 3/2/2006 by Dinenlasse]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2006 01:56
These words had barely been spoken when they hear.

"Orcs are attacking!" Celebeth shouted as he ran swiftly through the encampment.

Bain ran to the other end of the tent with Bergon but was told."You pick up your sword and go back by the wounded"

This was an officer so Bain followed orders.

Bergon did not even get to the fight before it was over.

Bain went back to the fallen orc and removed the small knife. This had been the first time in almost 2000 year anyone had used it. Bain went to a table set near the center of the tent, it had her supplies on it. There she cleaned the knife. She scrubbed to get all the nasty orc blood off of it. Part of her was ashamed to have used it in such a fashion. But it had saved lives.

-------

After Ardinlas left, Bergon approached commander Celebeth. After he saluted he spoke. "Sir, you are aware that we now have a healer. She was going follow me over here into the battle but for the moment she is accepting my orders to gaurd the wounded. Mostly because one orc went into the healing area from the other side."

At which point Celebeth cut Bergon off. "Why was I not informed of an attack on the wounded tent?"

Bergon stammered for a moment, then continued. "Sir, it only happened moments before this attack." With a gesture at the orc bodies now being disposed of. At which Celebeth frown but nodded for the young liut. to continue. "The healer was going to accompany me here. Part of me is surpirsed she listened to me. She is older and very indepenent."

Celebeth realized that he now had a healer. He held up one hand to stop Bergon from saying more. Celebeth yelled loadly, "anyone who is injured needs to go to the healing tent immediately."

Then Celebeth walks quickly to the tent. Bain had checked on the battle and knew the elves won in mere minutes. She even heard the commanding voice tell the injured to go the tent.
For her part, Bain was still trying to get the orc blood out of the kings crest on the knife. It was no shock to Bain when the tent flap was pushed aside and someone entered, even with her back to the entrance she was confident it was no orc.

The voice was the same one that issued the command out side. "You are a healer, the only one we have, so for now I will not allow for you to fight, unless an orc." Bain had turned around and the commander stoped. Bain had a deep frown on her face Celebeth's words changed. "please understand, we have great need of your healing skills, when we get another healer, then you can fight.."

Bain realized that she had bearly heard what the commander had said. She spoke softly. "I am hear to help in any way a can. As a healer it would be wrong of me to leave my pateints without anohter healer to take over. I will remain but I will keep my sword closer form now on just in case there are more sneak attacks from the forest. Plus trying to get orc blood out of crests is a pain." She tried to chuckle but failed.
She then showed the tiny knife to the commander.

He reconginized the crest instantly. His attitude changed. " I am deeply honored that the king would send us one of his personel healers. We will send you back to the palace as soon as another healer arrives."

Bain held up her hand to stop the officer. "sir, you miss understand the crest. Yes, it is the kings crest, but I am not one of his personel healers, My father is the one who was given this. I was merely commenting that orc blood is difficult to get out of the crest. After amost 2000 years this knife is finally used and now the orc blood doesnt want to come out of the crest."

While Bain was speaking Celebeth looked over the elleth including her sword which now hung loosely around her neck. This cunfused him. "How do you have the kings personel crest on that knife and the sword you carry is not of mirkwood origin."

Bain spoke, "My fater was Bellison of the kings personel gaurd he left here long ago. The lorien made sword I earned as a gaurd in Lothlorein. After my father died I learned healing. Say is the young Bellison who brought us here part of my fathers family I wander?"

Commander Celebeth looked blank but the young Bergon spoke. "I believe he may be. We have spoke many times and he told me that some one in his fathers generation had left Mirkwood and had never returned. At the time I thought he ment they had sailed. I could have been wrong."

-----------------

I will pause this post here so it doent get too long. I start writing and sometimes I dontknow when to stop.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 10, 2006 05:37
(It works fine!)

Ardinlas and Mithlirian halted at a small clearwater stream to give their horses a rest. They discussed their plans as they rested. Ardinlas lounged on the stream bank, her hand trailing in the water. "I think our best bet is to go to Imladris (Rivendell) and ask Lord Elrond for help," Ardinlas said.

"Maybe," Mithlirian agreed. "But also remember, we are not on the best terms with him at the moment."

"Maybe not, but times are changing. We need to pull together if we want to fight the growing threat of the South. Besides, Imladris is the closest large dwelling other than home and Dol Guldur."

"I suppose you are right, Ardinlas," Mithlirian replied, sighing.

An hour later, Ardinlas on Shadow and Mithlirian on Tathar made their way west. They made good time that day and stopped at night.

Three days later, the Misty Mountains loomed over them as they reached a large plain. Here at the edge, they halted, surveying the land. Against the morning mist, the keen eyes of both made out a mounted figure coming towards them.

Ardinlas looked at Mithlirian and asked, "Now who in the world is that?"

[Edited on 10/2/2006 by Dinenlasse]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2006 04:44
ooc- i will try to cover the nexty three days for bain as well to keep both parts of this on a simalar time frame. I assume a few more attacks would be in orderer, ect.. if I assumed wrong let me know and ill edit.

-------------

Bain slipped the knife into her belt and listened to a troi of elves grumble as they entered teh healing tent. "Why do we suddenly need to see the healer for scraches. That should be saved for serious injuries. Im sure some old elf healer has better things to do then treat scatches."

One of his companions chuckled. The voice was Bellison's,"I would be delighted to go see this healer every day for every little scatch."

Which broght gaspes from his companions. then Beron turned arround and spoke. "You will treat our elleth healer with the respect she deserves."

As he turned and walked out comander Celebeth spoke. "i walk softly around this elleth, she carries a swod that she earned as well as the kings crest." He was gone before any of the ellon could react let alone respond.

At this point Bain stepped around Bergon and spoke. "Gentlemen let me determine if you have scratches or someting that need a bit more of my time then a simple dressing. You will heal faster with wounds cleaned and properly dressed."

The three had only minor injuries with no sign of posion. As they were leaving Bain asked Bellison, "May I speak to you a moment?"

After every one had left Bell asked,"What is the reason for me to stay behind?" His smiled gently, hopeing abviously for a personal reason.

Bain wasted no time. " I am trying to figure out if you are of my fathers family. Bellison is a name that had been used repeatedly in the family."
The ellon's smile faded. "I was named after my uncle and grandfather. My grandfather wanted to come and fight. My uncle ran off a long itme ago. So with you having earned both a swords and the kings crest im sure you cant be part of his family"

Bain spoke softly"arent you aware that your uncle took the kings crest with him at the request of Thuduil himself. I know because im his child." Bell's jaw dropped. She continued" I was at the palace just yesterday and the king him self told me to keep this." With drawing the small knife.

It dawned on Bell at that moment that the king was not unset by his uncle leaving but he was not ging to give up all this families beliefs easyly.He spoke in a nuetral voice."Why is it he had not answered any telepathic communicatins in over 500 years and now you show up?"

Bain took a deep breath. "It is difficult to resond to telepathic communications when your dead." She truned from the young ellon and spoke softly"please leave now, I have work to do."

She walked over to the weak fighter and made a bit of a show of checking his bandage until Bell left.

After the flap had closed Bain sat down on the ground and sighed a huge sigh.

The weak fighter tryed to roll over but it took several attemps before he could manage. He spoke,"the young one is a fool if he cant see your honor for himself, but insistes on listening to old family tales." Then he put his hand on Bains shoulder.
Bain looked up and smiled slightly,"thank you."
Bain knew that all of her patients would need to eat then it would be close to dark. She make sure that they all had food.
Then eveyone rested for the night.
It the morning all but 2 of the patients were allowed back to their barracks. The commander was asked not to send them out for a couple of days. But if the attack came here they would be excepted to defend them selves and their comrads.

That late afternoon there was another attack. the orcs seamed to tink that with even or less odds they should win but that was not likely. (If i rember my tolkein correctly orc need to greatly out number elves to have any real chance.if im wrong let me know.)
In this attack one elf did die and one was badly wounded. By evening he was still not awake. While Bain was resting there was the sound of someone entering the tent. Bain was on her feet with her hand on the hilt of her sword even as she turned around to face the sound. She relaxed when she saw it was an ellon.
He spoke," I just came to look in on the wounded and to let you know that local reinforcements will be arriving tomarrow and hopefully another healer."

Bain spoke "thank you."
The ellon was looking at her closely but she did not know why. He spoke. I am no healer but I can stay here a couple of hours and let you get some true rest. You wont be much good if you dont get that as well."
Bain nodded and laid down on one of the empty cots and was soon asleep. the ellon allowed Bain to sleep for most of the night. The he woke her saying he had to go. Bain thanked him for the relief and he left.

Bain quickly checked on her few pateints. Then she rested lighlty, not allowing herself to sleep.

At dawn on her secod day in camp a group of elves headed out. She guessed from the direction and them being heaveyly armed that they were going to attack the orcs.

She prayed to the valor that they would be back.

Shortly after noon Bain had a rustling coming from the back of the tent and she moved toward it and drew her sword. She was shocked when Bell came in. "I just had to tell you that I believe what yousaid about your father, why he left, the king accepting it, and him being dead now. Not everyone from teh family will be so easily convinced." then he left with out another word or a backward glance.
Now Bain sheathed her sword and sighed. She really didnt want the complication of family squabble to add to her duties.

The afternoon passed quietly. In the evening Bain was resting again, she wandered when the wounded would start from the attack. Then she heard a rustle at the back of the tent again. Seh walked toward it not even thinking of drawing her sword.
Then when the tent was lifted and fell back onto place it showed an orc with sword drawn out swinging without warning. Bain was able to use her partly drawn sword to block the first swing. Then the orc went directly away fromher toward the nearest cot. Which was empty. It lept over that one and toward the next one. Bain had figured it was going to go from cot to cot and try and attack the wounded. She was there a mere fraction before its blade came down on the weak ellon. the clash of blades woke the ellon and he screamed.
The orc then corrected his attack on Bain. Bain for her part was piised that another of thesefithy creatures was in here. As a result her swings were strainger then normal and and it did not take her ling to find an opening and stab this on in the chest. As he fell forward Bain heard. running feet and 4 ellyn burst in"It every thing alright."
The orc hit the ground with a thud and Bain spoke "it will be as soon as some gets this dead orc out of here." 2 of the ellyn step forward and remove the carcus.

--- will post thrid day later or tom.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 17, 2006 11:58
The rider’s horse staggered toward them, blood weary. A man was slumped over unconscious on the blood-bay’s back. The horse halted near them, and Shadow neighed shrilly, and the other horse responded with a tired whinny. The man almost fell out of the saddle. Ardinlas caught him, and Mithlirian took the mount’s reins. “Easy, boy,” the Elf said soothingly.

Ardinlas and Mithlirian made camp near a clear-running stream. Ardinlas sat with the man’s head in her lap. She stroked his damp brow with a cloth. From what she could see, the man had dark hair and a very handsome face. The Half-Elf hoped that he would wake soon so that she could find out more about the man.

An hour later, the man woke. "Where am I?" he asked drearily, attempting to rub his head. He met Ardinlas' eyes, and the maiden noticed his eyes were sea-grey. Where had she seen the likes of this man before?

"You are at the edge of Mirkwood, friend," Ardinlas replied soothingly, letting the man get up. "You were astride your mount when you came upon my companion and me. Unfortunately, you were unconscious when you arrived. Might I ask what your name is ?" Ardinlas very much wanted to find out more about this man.

(Please someone...take up the role of the man so we can move this thread along!!!)

[Edited on 28/2/2006 by Dinenlasse]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2006 08:59
ooc- this is the 5th time ihave writtent his post howfully this time it will post..

ic- The morning of Bain's third day in the elf camp dawn quietly. About an hour later there was a commotion Bain went to the opening and saw the armed party had returned but 2 of their munber were badly hurt. They were not abel to ride by themselves. Bain did not look around but simply shouted,"Get the wounded in here, at once!" The leader stoped, at that point Bain looked around and saw comander Celebreth standing there as well. He waited only a couple of seconds and gave his nod of approval.
The wounded were brought into the tent, 2 badly wound and 2 less. Bain went to work stopping the bleeding and cleaning the wounds of the 2 worst ones first. these 2 were just finished when there was another rukus is the camp. Bain went quickly to see what was up.

It was the reinforcements. Fully 2 dozen well armed elves including 4 elleth. This group found its way to the commanders tent and Bain went back to the last 2 wounded.

It was not long after this was done when the tent flap opened and inwalked comander Celebreth and one ellon.
Teh commander spoke."Here is our only healer, Bain." With that he walked out.

The older ellon looked intently at Bain then he spoke. "I have some healing ability but I know not near as much as you. Alas I am also beyond my fighting prime as well. I thought that there were no healers here so my experince cleaning and binding wounds might be useful, now i am not so sure."

Bain spoke, "the majority of what is meeded here is just that. YOur skills as a warroir my also be tested in this tent as well should you be good enough to fill in from time to time."

The old one looked confused,"why would my warior skills be need here, this is the healing tent."

Bain laughed the first one she had had in some days."You were not told but orcs have been sneaking in here at least once a day, trying to kill the wounded and me."

The old one was on alert now. He words,"Now I understand why you look like you havent slept in a long time. It also explains why you carry your sword in here as well. I was going to ask about that. Please let me know how your patients are doing and what need to be done. I also brought a good deal of bandages and some healing savles as well."

Bain introduces the new healer to the wounded. She goes onto explain that by morning there will only 3 left. zThe details of their care is explained.Mostly dressing changes and monitoring for infection.

By the time this is done it is mid after noon. Bain tells the ellon that she need to go for a short walk. Tehn goes out into teh sun the first time seh had walked away from the healing tent in 3 days.

Just minutes later there is a scream and elves come pouring out of tents and run int he direction of the yell. Bain is near the front of the group seh end up in the thick of the battle. The was also a modest size group of orcs. Teh elves all fight hard. With in half an hour all the orcs are dead. Bain is now covered in the nasty black blood.

It is now that seh feels the pain in her arm. She looks and sees there is a modest cut there. It does not feel like poisin so she is about to go and clean up do so can treat herelf then others when she hears. "Bell what happened to you?"
BAin goes to where the voice came from. there seh finds Bell on the ground with a very bad injury.It will require stitrches and more if he is to have any chance of surviving.
Bain speaks."Get him to the healing tent at once I will begin with him as soon as I get this orc blood off my hands."

Seh runs to the tent and Quickly scrubs her hands. Telling the other healer that ther are serveral wounded and she will need to start with the worst off if they are going to have any chance of surviving. The older ellon nodds and as soon as Bell and other arrive he starts with the less wounded and bell goes to work on Bell. He is just barely consouc when he arrives and he says "I trust you, cousin" He then slips in to a deep sleep. Bain hopes seh will be abel to save him. She works fast useing all the skilsl she was taught and his wound is soon sewn shut and then she applies things to prevent infection.
Now she moves on to 2 others who are serious as well. By the time they are stabelized the most of the after noon is gone and Bain is still in her orc blood covered clothes and her hair is just as bad. She Smells and need to fix that.

Bain steps out side and find a young officer. "where can i get the orc blood off of me and change clothes. This will not do to continiue. Now that all of the wounded are stable."
Bergon looked at her 3 time before recongnizing her. Between the orc and elf blood she looked a mess
He spoke "one moment".
He darted inot comanders tent and emerged a minute later saying "there is a bath being made ready for you. Why did you fight we could have done just fine with out you. The old ellon could not have saved the badly wounded. "

Bain realized now that the crisis was over that seh was much weaker then she should be but could not remember why.
Bain felt herself begin to sway and grabed teh young office to steady herself. Her words"all i need is a good clean up and a long night sleep with out haveing to worry about an orc sneaking in. I will be fine the morning."
Celbreth had came out in time to here the healers words but he was no more convicned the the liut. the tone of voice was not the sure confident one every one was used to.
He came foreward. "me and Bergon will help you to the clean up area." As soon as his hand came incontact with the elleth uper arm he knew what the problem was.His words. "I must insist the your wound be treated before you clean up. I cant afford to lose you from loss of blood becasue you dont get you own wound properly dressed."
With that the 2 officers walked the elleth back to the healing area.Cammander spoke to the old elon "We have one more patent for you. Bain was hurt and did not take the time to have her own wound treated."

The old ellon came forward looked at the wound and immediately cut off the sleeve of Bain's tunic and dressed the wound. Then the commander spoke."Bain is going to go clean up and then she will be assigned a peacefull place to sleep for the night.Do not disturb her unless it is urgent." The old ellon nodded and the officers walked Bain to the cleanup are were she took care of getting all of the blood off and changing cloths. When she emerged She was taken to a cot to sleep. Which she did soundly until morning.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 06, 2006 01:13
The man looked Ardinlas in the eyes and replied, "My name is Menelcar. I hail from Dol Amroth in Belfalas."

Mithlirian frowned. "Why would you want to be all the way up here since your home is in the South."

Menelcar smiled, a broad friendly smile that made his face more handsome. "I left about three years ago. My heart was restless, and I wanted to prove myself to my family so I rode off on Aoreth here and made my way north."

"Did you have leave from your lord?" Ardinlas asked, her eyes on his face.

"Lord Imrahil gave me leave to wander as long as I wanted. I was to return when I felt I had done enough."

"You look capable enough to handle yourself in battle," Mithlirian said, looking Menelcar over.

He was from Dol Amroth. That was why he looked familiar. Ardinlas thought. She had been down that way at about the same time Menelcar had left. All the men there were dark-haired and grey-eyed. The Half-Elf had visited the Prince and had become a very close friend to him before she returned to Mirkwood.

"Thank you, sir," Menelcar replied, bowing his head. Then he looked up. "Might I inquire as to who my rescuers are?"

Ardinlas laughed. It seemed Menelcar had a ready sense of humor. "I am Dinenlasse, though you can just call me Ardinlas. I am the niece of King Thranduil who rules this wood. This is Mithlirian, my close friend and one of the ablest archers ever to come from Mirkwood."

"I see I am in the company of greatness," Menelcar said, laughing.

"What mission are you on now?" Mithlirian inquired.

"None at the moment, though I have heard there is turmoil in Mirkwood at this time." The man from Dol Amroth shook his head and sighed. "I am always looking for something."

"Care you to come with us, Menelcar?" Ardinlas asked. "We are to find aid because of the trouble at Dol Guldur. We'd be grateful if you'd come with us."

Menelcar nodded. "I'd be honored to."

Mithlirian stoked up the fire. "We are bound for Imladris, and then, if we have aid, we will return to Dol Guldur and battle."

"Sounds interesting," Menelcar replied simply.

Ardinlas found in Menelcar a kindred spirit, the spirit of a wanderer. Having him ride at her side would be wonderful, she thought. Mithlirian was a great friend, but he was oft times solemn, and Ardinlas felt this journey should have some humor. The provider of the humor would be Menelcar, and for that, Ardinlas was grateful.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2006 05:47
Bain awoke the next morning. She was surpised at how sound she had slept and for so many hours, but it had been many nights since she last had the oportunity to sleep soundly the full night.
Bain went back to the healing tent.
It was no great shock to her that none of the pateints had slid backwards during the night.On the other hand the old ellon looked exhausted. She approached him, "what is wrong comrade."
He replyed,"I did not close my eyes for even one moment all night. Between worrying about Bellision and orcs."
Bain nodded,"next time I leave you in charge for more then afew minutes I will ask commander Celbreth to make sure there is a guard here so you dont have to worry about orcs."
There was a voice behind them. The young officer"quite right, Bain, we should have done that in the first place then you would not have been so badly stressed the last 3 days."
Bain Shruged, "I amfine Luit. and now there are 2 of us here so there is even less need for a full time gaurd."
Before the officer could respond there was a sound from one of the cots. Bain went right for the sound. it was Bellison. His breathing had started to rattle. Bain knew he still had not woken up from the battle yesterday. It only took Bain moment to see that he was haveing problems with one of his lungs. Bain changed his position. and the breathing settled down in a couple of minutes.Bain looked at the ellon and realized that he was greatly ocncerned for Bellison far more then would seem natural in a battle Zone.
Bain had been about to repimand the ellon but realized he had not been given instructions on this matter.Bain voice had much compassion in it as well,"fear not, I will do all that is within my power, after many centuries of healing to keep Bellison form Mandos halls."
The old ellon smiled a slight smile."I know you will little one, and I pray to the valor that you will do so. I have no wish to lose even more of my family."
Bain's shock was appearent to the ellon so he went on."he is my grandson. I lost one son in battle long ago and another left shortly before that."
Bain realized here was more family. She did not want this, but sometimes in life you get what you dont want.
She spoke, "you are Bellison also, then. We spoke before he was injured and he told me his grandfather and his uncle shred his name."
The old ellon noded. "We have been tring to reeastablish a connectin with my son Bellison but have not have any luck in well over 5 centuires. He has turned his back on us." It was only at this point that he noticed Bains sword, She had had to move it a couple of time and now asked the old Bellsion, "would you be so kind as to lay my sword down on the ground it keeps getting in the way."
He realized at the moment theat Bain was not from Mirkwood. "were are you from healer, Bain"
Bain replied "im from Lothlorien."
Now Bellison was even more shocked. "Do you now my son Bellison?" Bain nodded but could not bring her salf to speak
The old ellon's temper flared breifly. "you should have drug him back here so he could fight like the ellon I raised him to be. You are more of a fighter then he is and your a healer"

Bain couldnot keep quite any longer. " I am a healer because I failed to protect by warden partner in Lothlorien. It is because of me that your son is dead."

The old ellon sat down on the ground at the news of his sons death. He left anger at this elleth. She had at her own words failed to keep his son alive. If it were not for his grandsons life being in this elleth's hands he would call her out right now and insist on a duel. Right now his anger would give him strength but he would have to remember it for after his grandson was safe. Then the truth dawn on the ellon. If his grandson survived he would owe this one his life. He could not call someone out when he owed them a life.

He hung his head that his son's death would go unavenged. AS he sat there the elleth words filtered through his mind again. It was not likely from her words that she had personally hurt his son. That made him feel somewhat better. When he spoke his words were,"what exctly did wound my son so grievienously that he did not recover?"
Bain's head was still down. "He was wounded by a small band of orc we encountered. His wound was poison and I did not have healing skills to help him."

Bain and the old Bell had been so deep in their conversation that they had not been paying attension. Until there was a cackleing laugh,"by the end of this day we will have killed 3 of your family."
Bain saw the orcs blade was raised and knew it would take a drastic action to save the 2 Bells. WIth out a moments hesatation Bain threw her self at the mid section of the orc. As soon as they hit the ground. She rolled away. She prayed that this would give the old ellon eough time to get around the bed and stop it.
Bain looked back and saw the old ellon with her lorien sword and watched as he took out the orc with in a minute.

The crash from Bain and the orc hitting the ground had cause 2 of the ellon who would be going back to their barraces to day to sit up, find their dager's and yell for back up.

By the time back up arrived the orc was dead and Bain re exaimined young Bellison because leaping over his had rolled his roughly back onto his back and his breathing was much more difficult.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 14, 2006 04:23
(Sorry I haven't posted in a while!)

Five days later, Ardinlas, Mithlirian, and Menelcar made it through the Misty Mountains. Mithlirian and Menelcar were surveying the valley in which Imladris lied while Ardinlas scouted ahead. She came back soon and said, "It looks clear so we shouldn't have any problem. At least until we reach the city," she added as an afterthought.

They made it into the valley and were camping near a stream. A light breeze rustled the leaves gently, and the night was warm and comfortable. The three took turn at sentry duty while the others slept. It was a peaceful evening.

The next day, the trio rode into the woods that surrounded Imladris. Ardinlas predicted they had a three days journey before they made it to the city. The Half-Elf hoped that everything was alright back in Mirkwood.

Two days later, Ardinlas, Mithlirian, and Menelcar were about twenty miles from Imladris. They were resting in a shaded glade when a harsh voice sounded out. "What are you doing in these woods?"

The trio leapt up, startled. "We mean no harm. We are just traveling to Imladris to speak with Lord Elrond," Ardinlas cried out.

A tall Elf stepped out of the shadows. He had fair hair and lively green eyes. A strung bow with an arrow was pointed at them. "Who are you, and what business do you have in Imladris?"

"We come to ask for aid in Dol Guldur. We are being overrun by Orcs, and we need help. My name is Ardinlas, this is Mithlirian, and this is Menelcar, a man from Belfalas. My companion and I are from the Woodland Realm," Ardinlas replied, meeting the Elf's eyes.

"I see. My name is Thraelith," the Elf said, extending his hand. The three shook hands.

Ardinlas sheathed her sword, Wyndfar. She had drawn it when she had first heard Thraelith's voice. "Will you accompany us back to Imladris, Thraelith?" She looked at the others, who nodded. The Elf nodded his consent, and the four left.

[Edited on 21/3/2006 by Dinenlasse]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 04:23
Bain felt for Bell's ribs. She was sad to realize that saving his life had extended his healing time. The ribs was now obviously broken. Yesterday it had not been.

She would have to bind Bells ribs to prevent further injury.

Even before she could say a word the commander and liut. ran in to the tent. The commanders words would not accept any aurguments. "from this moment on there will be one soldier in here to make sure you do not have to worry about these nasty things any more." He spoke to the liut. "See that it is so." Then he came forward. He had noticed 2 things, one Bain had not ojected and secondly she was very worried.
He spoke to Bain. "What is wrong, if you need more help let me know."

Bain spoke softly. "I could use some assistance with young Bell here. With my aid being his grandfather and what I need to do to him will be uncomfortable for him even if he does not wake up."

The old Bell nodded his understanding as did the commander.
In a little while the binding was done. Then the commander and liut. left, a gaurd had already been posted.

Once they left the old Bell approached. "I could have helped you but I understand why you asked for out side help. Now I can try reaching him and be honest about not being the cause of his pain."

Bain agreed, "you can tell him that his pain should not get worse from here on."

The rest of the day is uneventful.

Both Bain and the old Bell get some sleep that night.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email