Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Treason of Dol Guldur (unscripted and open!)(keep)
on: October 14, 2006 12:26
(I'm really sorry I was away so long!)

Lindar sat still, he still felt pain but he tried to relax. As Lindar laid there he knew something was going on...he could feel the tense air. "Is something wrong Bain? The air feels tense." Lindar asked. Then Lindar wondered if they were going to get the help that was promised to them. "Bain have we gotten the help that was promised to us?" Lindar asked, he had a sense of urgency in his eyes.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2006 02:04
Bain took Lindar by the hand.

Seh smiled, "you must keep faith, I know in my heart that Ardinlas will not fail us."

In the back corner of her mind the was not as sure as she sounded but this way not the time.

Bain looked into his eyes and saw his pain and his worry.

Bain spoke again" you need to rest and regain your stength. If you would like I will go see commander Celebreth and get an update. Not that you will be fighting for a couple more days."

Bain heard pacing and huffing beihind her and turned half afraid that an orc had once again entered the tent. Her hand let go if Lindar and went right for the dagger still at her waist.

The she turned around quickly drawing the dagger as she did so. Old Bell gasped at the sight. His words confused her to no end. "Go ahead cut my heart out, it is the same as what you are doing."

Bain was in shock and had no way of respnded to the ellon.

She glanced at Lindar not sure how to explain this, she didnt understand it either. The ellon was much older then her older even that her father would have been had he survivied.

She slipped her dagger back into its sheath and stood not sure what to say or do.

(Adding some confusion. In case you missed it in earlyer posts the old ellon is tring to set Bain up but it wont work, the ellon he has in mind is family )
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2006 07:09
Lindar looked curiously at this person. "Do you know this person Bain, for I do not." Lindar said. Wehn he saw Bain's confusion he turned to the elf. "What are you trying to say sir, Bain is not trying to harm anyone." Lindar asked, he kept his voice calm. The old elf left without a word. Lindar raised a eyebrow. "What was that all about?" Lindar asked, he could tell Bain didn't really understand it either. Then he returned her question. "Bain I would like an update from the commander, if it is no trouble." Lindar said. After Bain had left he was trying to think of what to do. Then he heard a couple elves talking outside his tent, they were talking about how Elrond wasn't going to send anymore help. Lindar was enraged at this. He wondered if he could so anything to help. Then he remembered his sister Estelwen, she was good friends with Elrond's daughter Arwen, maybe he could make a trip over to Rivendell and speak with them. "Bain won't let me leave until I'm thoroughly well." Lindar sighed. Then he got an idea, he would leave that night, he had to. "I'm sure my sister won't mind a surprise visit." Lindar said with a smile, he wanted to do anything to help. Then Bain walked in just as he finished his little scheme.

(I hope you don't mind that I'm bringing Lindar's sister into the story. I think this will be the way to get reinforcements.)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 19, 2006 11:02
(No problem here!)

Ardinlas woke in Celebeth's tent about three hours after riding in. Immediately worries began running through her mind, and she wanted to seek Bain out. The half-elf left the tent and looked around camp. Everything seemed quiet for now; elves were training with weapons, others were relaxing against trees languidly but ready to battle at a moment's notice.

She met the elf at the entrance to the healing tent and went in to see Lindar awake. "It is well that you are up and about," Ardinlas said wearily with a smile. Her glance slid to Bain. "And how have things been here?"
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2006 12:40
Bain looked at Lindar as the old ellon moved away, "I do apologize for him confusing you. He thinks I am falling for his grandson. He sees you as competion. He does not see that I feel for his grandson like a brother."

Bain sighed went to leave. She bumped into Ardinlas as she was about to leave the tent.

]She met the elf at the entrance to the healing tent and went in to see Lindar awake. "It is well that you are up and about," Ardinlas said wearily with a smile. Her glance slid to Bain. "And how have things been here?"

Bain spoke softly, "its been quiet, everyone is waiting for the attack. I know that the men are being watched so we will have an hour or two notice before they arrive. Its good to have another healer here even if he has his moments". Then she chuckled and glanced at Lindar.

Bain looked around at the tent to make sure everything was in order and there were no supplies that were short for the up coming battle.

Bain as an expereinced healer looked closely at Lindar. There was something about him. He was feeling very different since he got his pain under control, but she senced it was more then that but had no idea what it could be.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2006 02:58
Lindar waited until night had fallen, and Bain wasn't watching him to make his escape. He sliped out in complete silence. He found a horse he could use for he knew not where his own horse was. "Do you mind if I call you Arod?" Lindar whispered in elvish to the horse. The horse snorted letting him know that he didn't mind. Lindar nodded and spurred Arod forward. Lindar's wound still hurt but he had to speak with Elrond to get the reinforcements.
He rode all through the night, and when the sun came into the sky he knew that Bain and the others must have already realized he was gone. He soon arrived at Rivendell. He rode in feeling weak and hungry. When he came to a small court area he fell from Arod. Two elved rushed over and helped him up. "What happened?" One elf asked. "Nothing, I'm fine." Lindar said, he breathed deeply. The elves exchanged glances. "Please, just take me to my sister." Lindar said. "We will get your sister but first we will send you to see Lord Elrond, he will see if you have been wounded." The elf said. Lindar agreed to this.
He was put into a beautiful room, he laid there alone for awhile then Elrond came back in, he had already checked him for wounds. "You have been wounded but it has been taken care of. Where have you come from?" Elrond asked. "From Mirkwood..I've come to visit my sister." Lindar said carefully. He wasn't sure if he should tell Elrond his real intentions yet. His sister was quickly sent to him. "What happened to you?" Loswen asked. "Don't worry I'm fine, now I've come to speak with you about war matters." Lindar said. "What are you talking about?" Loswen asked, she never liked talking about war. "We are having much trouble in Mirkwood, we have been attacked numerous times, and they are going to destroy us if we don't get the needed reinforcements, so please ask Elrond for more, we have and he has denied them to us but maybe you can persuade him." Lindar explained. Loswen stared at him for a minute. "I don't know Lindar." Loswen said. "Please Loswen, it is very necessary, Mirkwood will be destroyed." Lindar begged. "Loswen looked skeptical, and then she brightened. "Then you will come and live with me. I have always hated that dark land." Loswen said. "If Mirkwood gets destoryed I will die with them, I will not leave my land in the hands of the uprising evil." Lindar said, his eyes burned with passion. Loswen looked away sadly, then she stood. Lindar grabbed her hand. "Please Loswen, We are in great need." Lindar said. Loswen nodded and walked out. Lindar laid back down and smiled, his plan had worked.
(I'll be gone for a few days.)
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 24, 2006 11:16
Ardinlas left the healing tent after speaking with Bain more, but returned later that night to make sure things were well. She sought Lindar, but he had gone without so much as a word to either of them. Bewildered, Ardinlas beckoned for Bain (who was still in the tent) and said to the elf, "Have you any notion where Lindar is? I mean to speak with him, but he isn't around."
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2006 10:49
The next morning Loswen came back into Lindar's room. "Did you ask him?" Lindar asked. "Yes, he said that when you are well enough to return he will send you with his best warriors." Loswen said with a smile. "Thank you dear sister." Lindar said. "You are welcome." Loswen said, she smiled but her smile seemed sad. "Is something wrong Loswen?" Lindar asked, he sat up. "I'm worried about you Lindar. You are off fighting. You've already been hurt what if you get killed?" Loswen said, tears ran down her cheeks. Lindar wiped the tears from her face. "Please don't worry Loswen, I may have been injured but you know I am a strong fighter. It was merely an accident-" "An accindent!Well what if there is another accident, and maybe this accident is more serious. Then maybe you won't come back from that one." Loswen cried out, she was angry and sad. Lindar held his sister as she wept on his shoulder. "I hate to worry you Loswen, but I must do what I can to help." Lindar said. "You are all I have left Lindar, promise me when this war is over you will come and stay with me." Loswen said, she sat up and looked him in the eye. "I can't leave my home, maybe I will just visit more often." Lindar said, he hated the thought of leaving Mirkwood. "No, I would still miss you." Loswen said. After a moment Loswen sighed. "Maybe I should try and stay with you." Loswen said, her voice was a whisper. "Wouldn't that be asking too much?" Lindar said. "I don't know, I just want to be with my brother. When ther war is over come back for me." Loswen said, a faint smiel showed on her face. Lindar hugged her.
The next day Lindar said he was well enough to leave. "Must you leave so soon?" Loswen asked sadly. "Yes, my friends need more reinforcements and that what I came here for. I must leave before more danger comes." Lindar said. Loswen followed him as he walked to the stables. "Remember that you are to come back for me." Loswen said. Lindar mounted and smiled at her. "How could I forget?" Lindar asked. Then he made his horse walk out to the courtyard. All the warriors were ready to leave. "Thank you Lord Elrond." Lindar said. Then he turned and led the troops out.

It took not long until they were insight of Mirkwood. The horses hooves thundered as they raced across. Lindar saw the tents and smiled, he watched as elves came out of the tents to see what was coming. He smiled, he was the hero. When he saw Ardinlas he knew she would be happy, now they would finish off their enemies! "Halt elves!" Lindar shouted. All the elves stopped in front of the tents. Lindar dismounted. "I went to Rivendell, my sister was able to get us some help." Lindar said, he smiled.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2006 03:13
Bain had been surprised but not shocked when Lindar took off.

They would just have to wait. It was too bad to loose even one good fighting elf with a major fight just days away maybe less

Then

Lindar saw the tents and smiled, he watched as elves came out of the tents to see what was coming. He smiled, he was the hero. When he saw Ardinlas he knew she would be happy, now they would finish off their enemies! "Halt elves!" Lindar shouted. All the elves stopped in front of the tents. Lindar dismounted. "I went to Rivendell, my sister was able to get us some help." Lindar said, he smiled

Bain was shocked that Lindar was back and amazed that he had gotten reinforcements.

They elves were about to shout with joy when the cry came. "They are charging. NOW! they will be here any minute."

The commander and officers did not look at all shocked. They had been getting reports of the movement of the enemy.

Bain went to the commander. "sir, it is your call do I fight or stay behind and treat the injured."

He did not hesatate," You will stay and heal, you will be permitted to fight only if we have heavey loses and need every sword we can get. But with these new arrivals, we have an excellant chance of winning now."

Bain nodded her acceptance of the ruling.

Bain was amazed at what Lindar had done. She smiled at him he was like no ellon she had ever seen. Bain truely wished she could be half as helpful as him. She had a promise of serivce to the crown to fofull but he was doing so much more to help then her healing and sword put togther.

Bain wished she could keep her family out of the fighting but that was not pssibility, so she said a prayer for their safety.

Orders were called out and instantly obeyed.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 02, 2006 12:17
Ardinlas sighed with relief as Lindar came at the head of a band of elven warriors. She hailed him with a wave of her hand and cried, "Well met, mellon! It is good that you have arrived back here safe and with many good warriors." However, her face turned grim as Lindar neared her. "How is it that Lord Elrond gave you the numbers we needed when he would not listen to me? Either he has something against me or it was something you did or said to him, or maybe a bit of both." She ran a hand through her hair distractedly as Celebeth came up to them.

"Well done, Lindar. The aid that we needed has come. You are to be thanked greatly when this is all over," the commander said, taking Lindar's hand and shaking it emphatically.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2006 05:51
Bain took up her assigned post to wait for wounded there was no doubt there would be a lot of them.

She did keep her sword at her side just for preparedness.

Young Bell stepped in and said farwell to his grandfatther and nodded to Bain before he went to task up his post in teh fighting.

Bain said another a prayer that she would not lose any more family to figting this day. Then she went back to the door way to wait.

( in case the new comer does not know Bain is in fact blood family to the 2 Bells the old one just doesnt know it yet. Family confusion had been set in motion .:evil
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2006 10:43
Lindar felt very proud of himself and was ready to fight. "My sister resides in Rivendell, I asked her to persuade Lord Elrond to allow me to bring some warriors here." Lindar explained. He smiled when Celebeth shook his hand. "Where should I station these elves?" Lindar asked. Then he heard crys not far from them. "Hurry! Follow me!" Lindar shouted to the warriors. They rushed into the forest where the noise was coming from. "What must we do Celebeth?" Lindar shouted, the sound was coming towards them, evil was coming. Lindar had never been a leader he had always been a follower, so he really wasn't sure what to do.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 08, 2006 11:12
"They are to be stationed here and here," the elven commander said, gesturing where the reinforcements were to go. "Ardinlas," he said, turning to the half-elf, "you know best where you can go. I will leave you to your intentions."

"Very well, Celebeth, my friend," Ardinlas replied. She whistled for Shadow, mounted the great stallion, and cried, "Good luck to you all, and if you need me, I will be in the midst of battle." She urged Shadow toward the first group of elves and gave her orders to them, and the elves obeyed her orders without question. Ardinlas was grateful for this for she knew from experience that half-elves weren't always considered trustworthy.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2006 02:57
Lindar took his band of warriors to the battle. "Destroy all you see!" Lindar shouted. The warriors clashed with the Easterlings and the other foul creatures that the Dark Lord had sent. Lindar slashed down on the creatures from his mount, but soon he knew that it would be better to fight on the ground. Lindar jumped off his horse and onto three orcs, he cut off their heads. Lindar shouted to his horse, telling him to get out of the battle. The horse turned and ran off into the forest.
Lindar fought hard, but it seemed that the evil army was growing bigger and the elven army was becoming shorter. Lindar was worried about this, he had to find either Ardinlas or Celebeth to ask if he should bring his warriors back. He looked around but couldn't find them and he didn't want to leave the warriors that were under his charge. "Retreat back elves!" Lindar shouted, he was losing too many elves.
They retreated back but were being followed closely. Then when he saw the fear on the remaining elves faces and he said."You will return home, even if it kills me!" Then a young elf stepped forward. "We said that we would fight to save Mirkwood sir, we will fight to the death!" The elf said. Lindar smiled. "Very well, songs will be sung of this battle! Forward my friends!" Lindar shouted, they clashed with the enemies that had been following them.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 13, 2006 05:38
Ardinlas saw Lindar looking around, seeming to want guidance. But watching him from Shadow's back, she noticed that he seemed to be doing all right. Regardless, Ardinlas nudged Shadow towards him and cried out, "Lindar, how are you faring?" Further conversation was halted when an enemy ran into the great horse, and Ardinlas was knocked off of her horse's broad back. Cursing mightily, she leapt up and hewed the orc through with Wyndfar, the blade singing as it pierced the thick armour of the enemy. She grabbed Shadow's mane with one hand and swung herself back up. Taking Wyndfar in both hands, she wreaked havoc among her hated foes, never once regretting battle.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2006 09:58
Lindar quickly began helping Ardinlas defeat the foes. He swung his sword, cutting down the evil creatures. Lindar constantly looked back at his battlion. "Be strong elves!" Lindar shouted. When he saw an elf fall he felt his heart sink, what if he could not be healed and would not return home. Lindar quickly looked back at the battle, he had to keep his mind focused or he would be killed.
Lindar looked about the battle, there seemed to be no end to the overflowing evil that was assailing them. "There are too many sir, what must we do?" An elf asked. Lindar quickly devised a plan.
Soon Lindar had many of his elves up in the trees with bows ready. Then Lindar saw a large battlion of orcs running right under them. "Hain dago!" Lindar shouted loudly. Then all the elves fired their arrows, killing most of the orcs, but some still lived.
Then Lindar turned to the elves he left below."Hain dago!" Lindar shouted. The elves destroyed the rest of the battlion. Then an elf shouted. "Gurth a chyth-in-edhil!" The chant quickly spread among the other elves, and what it said was death to the foes of elves. Lindar smiled proudly at the elves but knew it was not over yet.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2006 08:28
It did not take long for wounded to begin arriving. She also knew from expereince that she was getting only the worst and deepest wounds. Elven worriors would not willing leave the battle field unless they knew they would bleed to death and were brought in by another.

The 2 healers were kept busy.They began to wonder how the battle was going then they heard..

"Gurth a chyth-in-edhil!"

They exchanged glances and knew it was going ok. With the load cry from the warriors there was a renewed sence of hope.

(sorry its short but with not being in the fighting its a bit difficult.)
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 12:46
Ardinlas heaved a great sigh as the enemies' numbers were finally gone. "It is all well that we are through," she muttered to Lindar. "At our numbers, we couldn't sustain another attack. What say you?"

Celebeth hurried up to them and said breathlessly, "I thank the both of you for your help. Unfortunately, our vulnerable position makes it easier for us to be attacked. Hopefully, Mithlirian and Menelcar will be back soon."

Ardinlas hung her head in shame; she had forgotten that her friends had been sent out for aid in the heat of battle. But Ardinlas knew that they needed all the help they could get.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 03:33
"I say you are quite right. I promised my warriors that they would all go home." Lindar said. Lindar nodded when he heard what Celebeth had to say, he knew that they were still venerable.

Lindar turned back to his warriors. "We may have another attack yet my friends." Lindar said, he saw the wearyness in their faces. "Be strong good friends, we will make it through this yet." Lindar said, he tried to sound strong, although he felt weary himself. Then a warrior stepped out and placed his hand on Lindar's shoulder. "I will fight beside you, I will stay strong for your land and mine." The warrior said. Lindar smiled, he placed his hand on the warriors shoulder too. "Thank you, what is your name friend?" Lindar asked. "I am Amdir." Amdir said. "Thank you Amdir." Lindar said. Amdir stepped back into line. "We will show our enemies our strength!" Lindar shouted.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 03:40
Bain and old Bell got word that the battle was over along with a wave of wounded.

Bain knew their day was just starting. They quickly arranged to treat the wounded in a logical fashion and with in an hour the wounded were treated most walked back to their bunks they would fight again in a few days.

Then Bain and old Bell set out across the camp and saw Ardinsal, Lindar and Celebeth, hey got a quick run down of the battle. then Bain said "commander the wounded have been treated most will be able to fight again in a day or 2."
The commander nodded. Then old Bell asked to be excused and went across the compounded to check on his grandson.

Bain looked at those remaining"family is good but they can try one. some times" Then she sighed. "If only my grand father would see things as they really are."

The commander looked surprised, "the old healer asked for you to stay out of fight, he seamed to think you and his grand son were ..." He paused.

Bain smiled, "I have asked young Bell to speak the truth to his grandfather but he does not want to hurt him, he respects him too much. He doesnt see the harm not telling him is doing."

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 30, 2006 11:42
Ardinlas overheard this conversation and decided to butt out. She nudged Shadow towards the edge of camp, and standing upon her horse's back, she leapt into a rowan tree. The half-elf sat upon a thick limb and buried her head in her hands, weariness creeping over her. A light breeze blew through the forest, and Ardinlas raised her head and welcomed it gratefully. Shadow whickered happily; things were safe for the time being, but it could have been the calm before a horrific storm.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2006 01:25
Lindar was happy this fight was over, for now. He needed to rest. He looked at his weary men and knew they needed rest as well. "Go and drink some water friends, refresh yourself. Be preapared though, more evil could come at any minute." Lindar said. The elves went around the small incampment, some went ot get a drink, some went to the healers so they could heal some smalls wounds they had. Lindar himself had a pretty bad arm wound, but he hadn't noticed it.
Then he felt something trickling down his arm. He looked and saw his sleeve was blood stained. Lindar ripped his sleeve and looked at the wound. It looked pretty bad, and he wondered if maybe it was poisoned.
Lindar went to Bain. He saw her eyes widen when he walked in. "I'm afraid I have been wounded, although I do not when or what wounded." Lindar explained. He held out his arm for Bain to inspect.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2006 04:30
Bain had just returned to the healing tent. When Lindar walked in. She was shocked to hear.

"I'm afraid I have been wounded, although I do not when or what wounded." Lindar explained. He held out his arm for Bain to inspect

It took only a moment for Bain to know that the ellon had been bleeding a while.

She spoke easily as she guided him to a cot near her supplies, "you were injured a while ago im afraid. WIth your enemy this day the possiblity of posion is real. "

When they reached the cot Bain told Lindar,"you need to sit."
After he had followed her orders she continued"I have treated everyone with injuries as if they were posioned. It only takes a couple of extra minutes and it saves problems. I regret this will sting."
It seamed she was unable treat this ellon and not cause him pain. There was no way around this. She quickly cleaned and treated his wound, then she treated the pain and wrapped it.

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 01, 2006 12:15
Ardinlas looked around the camp and saw Bain mending Lindar's arm. She leapt from the tree and made her way over to the pair. "Are you alright, mellon?" she asked, concern showing in her hazel eyes. Her gaze turned to Bain. "How bad is it?" She bit her lip worriedly; they couldn't afford to have any of their leaders injured. Ardinlas sighed and was thankful that she had remained unscathed.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2006 01:33
Bain looked at Ardinlas. She understood her concern.

She spoke, " there is good news and bad news with his wound. It will not kill him, even after the other wound and running off instead of recovering from it. But it may well have been posioned. Add to that he did not notice it,which means that the posion may have had a while longer then is should have to spread through his body."

She finished the dressing as she spoke. Then she continued, "it is impaerative that you not run off or fight for at least one day. Your strength is greatly deminished and you need to get it back"

Bain put a gentle hand on his shoulder, "it is your choice, do you go to a tent and rest and sleep till dawn or do you need to come to the healing tent till then. The ONLY exception to this order will be if the enemy is actually in the camp. Just to avoid misunderstandings"

Then she waited for the reply.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2006 08:18
"I am fine Ardinlas." Lindar said to answer her question. After Bain had told him what he had to do. Lindar sighed. "I will go to my tent and rest." Lindar said. He rose and walked out. "Will you be alright sir?" One of his warriors asked. "I'm afraid I will not be able to fight for at least a day." Lindar said. The elf lowered his head. "It is bad to lose a leader, we need as many as we can have." The elf said. "I do not understand it, I feel fine!" Lindar said, he was quite upset at this. "You had better rest sir, you will be able to fight again." The elf said. "Send Amdir to my tent. I must speak with him." Lindar said. The elf nodded and left.
Lindar sat in his tent, looking at a map. Then Amdir walked in. "You wanted me sir." Amdir said. "Yes, I need you to be incharge of my warriors until I heal." Lindar said. Amdir looked surprised. "Thank you sir. It is a great honor." Amdir said, he bowed. "Go now, and rest. You will need your strength, you are a leader now." Lindar said. Amdir bowed then left.
Lindar was still angry at what had happened. "If they attack I will be out there. I cannot leave my warriors." Lindar said, he knew it was stupid but if he was going to die he would rather die in battle.

Late that night Lindar woke to the sounds of war crys and shouts. Lindar sat straight up. It was too far away to be in the camp, but the enemy had attack again. Lindar quickly got up and grabbed his sword.
Lindar jumped onto his horse and rode out. Lindar saw his warriors fighting bravely against the assault. "Be strong!" Lindar shouted. Amdir heard his voice and ran over to him. "Sir you mustn't fight!" Amdir shouted of the loud sounds. "I can't leave you to die!" Lindar said. "Sir there is a line between bravery and stupidity and your line and you are treading very close to stupidity!" Amdir shouted. Lindar dismounted. "Sir, you could be poisoned, you must rest! You have lost much blood. You will die on this battle field if you fight!" Amdir said. "I'd rather die on this battle field then die in that cot!" Lindar shouted. "You still have a chance to live another day! Don't you want to see your sister again!?" Amdir shouted. This struck Lindar. If he died here he would never see Loswen again.
"I must go back." Lindar said. "Let me help you." Amdir said. "No, stay with your warriors." Lindar said. Amdir nodded then rushed back over.
As Lindar began walking away from the battle he bagn to feel dizzy. He couldn't see straight. "Whats going on?" Lindar said. Then he collasped.

After the small band of enemies had been defeated Amdir led his warriors back. But on the way he saw Lindar lying on the ground. "Lindar!" Amdir shouted. He ran over to him. "He's still alive." Amdir said. Amdir and another elf lifted him and ran back to the healers tent.
"Bain, you must help! Something's wrong." amdir said. They laid him on a cot. Amdir explained what had happened. "Is he going to be alright?" Amdir asked nervously.

(I'm not really sure how this should go. I think if Lindar was to die that Amdir would take his place and I would play Amdir. But what does everyone else think? Is it a bad idea?)
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2006 03:03
Bain was expecting wounded but was shocked at.

"Bain, you must help! Something's wrong." amdir said. They laid him on a cot. Amdir explained what had happened. "Is he going to be alright?" Amdir asked nervously.

Bain stopped for just a moment when they came in. She was at Lindar's side by time the explaination was done. Her first check showed no new injury. That was the good news. The fact that he was out cold for no reason was not good.

Bain spoke to Amdir, "i am not sure. I dont see any new injuries but there is obviously something wrong. What I am going to have to do now is not going to be pretty." She paused a moment and them she cut the dressing from the wound from eariler.
It was then that her fears were reveled. That wound was posioned. It has gotten worse not better in the hours between. It was in Lindars benifit that he was out cold this would be much more painful that the first time.

Bain picked up the potions to clean the posion. This was not going to be easy. Bain warned this ellon to take it easy but as usual he wasnt listening. She wasnt sure if this time it would cost him his life.

Seh returned to the cot. "If you wish t leave it is up to you, this is not going to be an easy, quick or clean process. At this moment i canot say for sure if he will survive or not. The posoin is bad, someitmes it kills orther times it simply weakens and goes away. It is impossible to predict."

Bain waited for but a moment for the others to deside if they were leaving or staying.

Then Bain began the task of removing all the visible signs of posoin. and otherwise cleaning the wound. Then Bain applied a more effective antidote. There was no way at this moment to know if Lndar would survive or cucome to the posoin. TIme was what would tell.

ooc- it does nt matter to me if Lindar dies or lives. It is your call its your char.

[Edited on 5/12/2006 by tawar_meldis]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2006 06:23
ooc= done. post again when your ready.

[Edited on 5/12/2006 by tawar_meldis]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2006 05:19
OOC: I'm really sorry to do this to you Tawar, but I'm gonna ask you to delete your last post that tells how Lindar dies. I'm also going to delete my last post, because I want Dinenlasse to be around when it happens okay? I hope this isn't an inconvience.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 05, 2006 06:19
Ardinlas listened to the conversations with growing dread. She was certain as to what was going to happen, but she would try to help as much as possible. She looked at Bain anxiously. "Is there anything that could be done to save him? Any medicine, any plant that could ease the wound? I could take him to Rivendell if Elrond could help him." Ardinlas ended her thoughts, knowing she was babbling and doubting that there was much that could be done. She just didn't want to see any more death; she had seen her mother's death near this same place. The half-elf didn't want that painful memory brought up again.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2006 02:48
Bain did not need to look at Ardinlas to know she was worried.

Bain spoke the truth even though it hurt. "Ardinlas, there is no miracle for this case Im afraid. I will do all i can but i cant promise anything. He was already weak then he took off before makig sure thngs were ok." Bain sighed and shock her head.

She continues, "I wish the news was better."

Bain knew she was in for a long night.

ooc- sorry its short. really cant go futher till the bomb gets droped by elfmaiden.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2006 04:19
(sorry it took me so long!)

Amdir paced for a long time outside the tent, eventually he went to sleep.

The next morning he woke early and went to the tent. He saw a body covered by a sheet. Amdir felt his heart sink. "When did it happen?" Amdir asked, his voice revealed his grief.
"We lost a great leader. I will take his place, and we will ride for Lindar." Amdir said, then he left the tent.
"Is Lindar..." One warrior started, but he stopped when he saw the grief on Amdir's face. The warriors lowered their heads, whispering words of sorrow in their language. "I will be taking Lindar's place. We will fight for Lindar, and what he stood for! We will remember him in stories and songs!" Amdir shouted. All the warriors cheered. "But we must rest before another battle." Amdir said. Then the warriors went off to their tents. Amdir stood their, thinking about all that had happened int he short time he had known Lindar. "A great warrior, a great friend, a great loss." Amdir whispered. Then he walked back to his tent.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2006 12:21
Bain had been up all night. checking and rechecking Lindar. Treating him with every thing that was in her knowledge after her centuries as a healer.

It was near dawn when his heart gave up. Bain had been there about to make one more change of dressing and remove more posoin.

Bain knw there was nothing more to be done. She placed a sheet over his body and said a prayer. As she rose she heard.

The next morning he woke early and went to the tent. He saw a body covered by a sheet. Amdir felt his heart sink. "When did it happen?" Amdir asked, his voice revealed his grief.

Bain looked at Amdir her greif real as well, "he died not long ago. His heart gave up. There was nothing that I could do. I blaime myself for letting him go off when he was injured. He has refused to stay the last time he was injuried. I should have made him stay then i could have stopped him from going and there would have been a much better chance of him surviving. I am sorry" Her grief making her voice rremble slighlty.

"We lost a great leader. I will take his place, and we will ride for Lindar." Amdir said, then he left the tent.

Then Bain sat down on her cot and lay down quickly falling a sleep. Her grief and tiredness makeing sleep easy even with the noise of the day.

ooc- if this isnt what you had in mind let me know.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2006 03:15
(Thats great Tawar)

Amdir could barely sleep the night after Lindar's death. He kept having dreams about his last moments.
Amdir had gone to see Lindar a few hours before he died. Lindar had been awake for a few mere moments. Lindar told him to stay strong. "I am weakening friend. There is one thing I must ask of you." Lindar whispered. "Anything, ask anything." Amdir said. "Tell my dear sister Loswen what has become of me. Tell her that I have always loved her and that I wish she could have come and stayed at Mirkwood with me. Tell her also that I am sorry that I left her." Lindar whsipered. "I will do that Lindar." Amdir said. Then Lindar faded into darkness again.
Amdir woke early with those terrible thoughts in his head. Lindar's face had looked troubled before, but after he spoke what he concealed in his heart his face showed nothing more than peace and serenity.
He walked out of his tent and bumped into Ardinlas. "I guess you have heard the news." Amdir said sadly. "When the war is over I will have to go and tell his sister." Amdir said sadly. Then a tear rolled down Amdir's cheek. "I flaied him, I should have brought him back to camp myself, maybe he would have lived." Amdir said. "All day I have been thinking about what his last thoughts would have been, he would have been thinking about his sister. I just know it for she was the only lady he would ever speak of with great love." Amdir said, he felt broken, as if he had lost a brother. "Bain said that his heart gave up. It must have been strong poison to make his heart give up for his heart was the strongest that I have ever known." Amdir said.

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 07, 2006 12:25
Ardinlas hung her head in sadness, but she knew that Lindar's death was to come soon. "Amdir," the half-elf said, looking up, "you had no fault in his death at all. There was nothing that could have been done. You are an elf; you probably have experienced more than I have, but about death, I have learned this: you cannot blame yourself for someone's death unless you were directly involved. After my parents died some time ago, I could not get over it for the longest time; I still can't. But I have accepted the fact that in order to live, we must take it one step at a time." She put a hand on his shoulder, and a lone tear fell down her face. "Go to Imladris and tell Loswen. I will take control of things here just fine. My own friends, Mithlirian and Menelcar, should be back here soon with more aid, if they were successful. Celebeth and I will be able to handle things. But," Ardinlas added, "I am always here for you. Remember that."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email