Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hearts of Hunvel (slightly scripted:see OCC)
on: May 03, 2005 10:52
Welcome to the sequel of Born of Men but of Elven Beauty. We are recaping in the future when Hiranneth(played by me) and her friends have all grown up and had children of there own.

Dórion couldn't help but feel the object of all attention today. It wasn't just any day for him, but his seventeenth birthday. This was a moment of manhood, of stepping up to the plate, of being responsible. That word was a dismal reminder of what was about to come.

The dinning hall, were the guest and tables were set up was full of people. Some he didn't know, and some he did. The whole city of Hunvel and the residence around came to see him. He noticed as most young lads do that the amount of girls this party was more than in past years, making him uncomfortable. They seemed to eye him like candy on a table, waiting to be devoured. He wasn't like that and did not wish for such a thing.

Rising from his seat, he made his way to his brother Ronin who sat at a table with some other friends of his.
"Hey Ronin," he said while taking a seat, "Who are these people?" Dorion wasn't accustom to Ronin's friends and unfortunately for him, have never met them before.
Just then his father, Kiran, went to the throne located in the front hall and called out to get everyones attention. The room became silent and all listened.
"Will Dorion, my son and heir,come before me."
Dorion arose, waving softly to Ronin's friends and with burdened feet made his way to the front. His mother joined Kiran's side and gave a small smile at her son.
"Dorion is of age now to recieve the heirlooms of my house."
Kiran gave Dorion his things.
"You will open them in your chamber after the party, there you will see the ancestory of your house and of your blood."
The room went into a cheer and Dorion walked off with his boat load of things.

As it was accustom, he was to open these things alone and reflect on them. But Dorion had other things in mind...
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Hearts of Hunvel (slightly scripted:see OCC)
on: May 03, 2005 11:13
With a sigh, Ronin opened the heavy back door to the dining hall and snuck in. The celebration of his brother's birthday had started only a few minutes ago, but the room was full of joyous elves and others who had journeyed to see the short ceremony in which Dorion would recieve the heirlooms of the new line of kings.

His bright eyes scanned the room for a familiar face. Seated at a table nearby was his small group of friends, elves who were part of the commoner class of Hunvel. They greeted him in the elvish toungue and pulled up a chair for him. It wasn't long before, out of the corner of his eye, Ronin saw Dorion coming over to them.

"Hey Ronin," he said while taking a seat, "Who are these people?"

He was about to introduce the elves when his father, from the front of the room, called Dorion up to the throne.Ronin pondered his brother's actions, which seemed uncomfortable in front of the crowd who had gathered to see him. As he watched him walk off to his room, familiar thoughts entered his mind.

Perhaps he doesn't want to be a ruler. Pehaps he desires a life like mine, free from responsibilty Ronin thought. And he does not know how deeply I desire to be in his place.They've always said he's special, but I am special too. I am always overlooked. I won't even inheirit the throne, simply because I am not the firstborn!

His thoughts were interrupted when one of his friends commented to him, "Isn't that the girl you're always talking about, Ronin? That one there, with the red hair?"
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 03:23
(Love it!)

Anita was seated at the table not too far off from Dorion and his brother Ronin. She wore a gorgeous cream gown with a low neckline and a beaded headdress. She looked stunning for only a 14 year old and caught the eye of many young males in the hall. She, like the rest of her family, wore a small necklace with a miniscule vile attached, hers, which was silver, held a black liquid. Anita's brother, Gerard, sat next to her. Though his vile was not showing, she knew he was wearing it. Her father, Geran, was not far off, probably deep in conversation with some pompous elf.

Anita sighed and looked around. She saw Ronin, the youngest prince looking at her openly. Another boy, elf actually, was whispering in his ear. Anita smiled winsomly and turned to her brother. "Isn't that your friend?" Gerard started and dropped his spoon. Anita chuckled a light tinkling laugh, one might compare the sound to a bell. Gerard frowned and looked at the boy Anita mentioned. "Oh, yes, that's prince Ronin." He coughed uncomfortably. "When you were gone, I spoke often of you. He was somehow under the impretion that you were a child." Gerard smiled a wolfish grin. Anita just raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Not for long he won't." With that, she pushed back her chair and sauntered over. "You must be his highness, prince Ronin, I've heard so much about you." She tossed her red locks as she looked back at her brother. "My brother, he loves to chatter." Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Gerard lean forward with a frustrated look on his face. Anita smiled slightly, holding up a small hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you your highness, I am Anita."
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 05:06
"Yeah, that's her," Ronin answered. "At least I think it's her. I don't know. She looks...older. And beautiful"

When she stood up and walked over, his friends each made sorry excuses as to why they had to leave all of a sudden, though one whispered "Good luck" with a slight laugh in his ear as he left.

"It's a pleasure to meet you your highness, I am Anita."

Blushing furiously, Ronin shook her hand. "There's no need for the formalities," he said. "Dorion's the only real prince around here."

He was suddenly aware that he did not much look the part of 'prince' either. His hair was ruffled and he wore a dark brown and green outfit that seemed to stand out like a sore thumb in the crowd of brightly dressed revellers.

Stuttering a bit, he spoke again to cover the short silence that had fallen. "You brother spoke of you often, and quite highly. However, I never got the impression that you were so beautiful. Not that he didn't mention it, but what he said could never compare to seeing you..." He trailed off to another akward silence.

_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 05:30

Anita laughed happily. "Why thank you. Of course you're a real prince." She added seriously. She laid a hand on his cheek. "Throne or not, it's who you are, not what you inherit." With that, she spun around lightly and headed back to her brother. "He's sweet." Gerard just laughed and took on a hurt expression. "I chatter?" Anita grinned and left the hall for her room.

SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 04:56
(coolness)

Although Dorion's party was not through, he made his way to his room. His hands were full of the wrapped heirlooms, almost packed high above his head. He stammered around the halls and almsot fell in his prusuit for his bedroom door. As he ran into the wall a package fell, landing lightly upon the ground. With great frustration he moved his body and tried to balance the packages on his left arm and reach it with his right.

He slipped and bit and taught the others before they ended unhappily upon the ground. He moaned loudly and exclaimed, "Whatelse could possibly happen!!"
He heard foot steps coming his way...
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 06:14
Ronin watched Anita leave the room with a glassy-eyed far-away look on his face. His thoughts were consumed by her, the way her red hair fell down in waves that caught the light, the way her green eyes sparkled when she laughed, and the way her cream-colored gown swished gracefully about her feet as she walked. He could still feel the touch of her hand on his cheek. In a bit of a daze, Ronin walked over to Gerard and took a seat next to him.

"Your sister," he said. "I, uh, she's really gorgeous. I think I like her." And he blushed again, because he never before seemed to have so much trouble saying something so simple but now his mind was blank and his mouth wouldn't form the right words.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 12:39
"You're not the first." Gerard said simply. He smiled and looked around. "So when does the desert get here?"

Anita rounded a corner and stopped sudenly when she saw the crown prince struggling with several packages. "Uh, you highness? Would you like some help?" It was the first time she had stuttered for years. She blushed and picked a few parcles off the top. Anita opened the door for him and waited for Dorion to go in first. He was so tall...Anita followed and placed the heirlooms on his king sized bed. She managed to curtsie gracefully and left blushing furiously.

(Thus the love triangle :love: )

VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 04:35
"You're not the first." Gerard said simply. He smiled and looked around. "So when does the desert get here?"

"Who cares about desert?!" Ronin said, throwing his hands in the air to emphasize his words. "Tell me more about her. Do you think she likes me? Do you-"
He stopped mid-sentence when he saw the fairly annoyed look on Gerard's face.
"Sorry, I don't know what got into me."
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 05:02
[mook, the desert gets here as soon as all the water dries up and the sand is shipped in. I couldn't resist. ]

Laurëa sat at a table near the front of the great dining hall idly, her head resting on her fist, staring at the full plate before her. "This is so dull," she muttered.

"We did not come here to be entertained, Laurëa. We came to honor the Lord of Hunvel's elder son," said Leeum who sat beside her. His grey-blue eyes narrowed slyly. "Who is quite handsome, I am told," he added.

"But---"

"Laurëa, mind your father," interrupted her mother. Ahéawan smiled fondly at her daughter. "We won't stay much longer, but your father wants to congratulate Kir--the Lord and Lady before we leave."

Laurëa rolled her eyes and fondled a strand of her white-blonde hair, a feature inheirited from her father Leeum. "But these people here," her eyes shifted around her disgustedly, "are so...common! Peasants, some of them!"

Leeum looked sharply at his daughter. "They have all come to congratulate the Lord's son. As have we. Now I will not have any more of that sort of talk about the people of Hunvel, is that understood?"

Again rolling her eyes, Laurëa nodded faintly, seeing the frown both her parents were giving her. She stared back down at her full plate, not feeling the least bit hungry, the uneasiness of having dirty peasants around her ruining her apetite. She fell to her common habit of tracing the family mark on her cheek with her finger, waiting for the night to be over with a disgusted sneer.

"Eat something, dear," Ahéawan said to her daughter. Upon receiving no reply, she looked up the hall to where Lord Kiran and Lady Hiranneth sat enjoying their meal together. "Let us go congratulate our Lord and Lady, Leeum," she suggested cheerfully. Both her and her husband got up from their table. "Come, Laurëa!" Ahéawan called as they started toward the head table.

With a soft moan, Laurëa got slowly up from the table, dusting off her crimson robes. She followed behind her parents with her nose in the air, ignoring the looks of the people she passed. This is going to be a long night...

[Ooh, I'm so excited! Teh awesome-ness.]

SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 04:43
Dorion saw a beautiful young girl come up to him and offer to get a few things. He just nodded as she took some stuff and he was able to retreive the fallen package.
Not saying as much as a thank you he turned to enter his room, but the girl had opened the door for him. A small, brief smile came acrossed his face and he entered. With great relief he placed the packages down on the bed. He turned and noticed that she was still there and of all the horrible things,a curtise.
He placed his hands on his head, trying to hide his frustration, then finally spoke to her.
"Do I know you miss, or are you simply one of the guests?"

Hiranneth watched as the dinning hall buzzed with particular excitement. Old friends and new ones brought back fond memories. She took Kirans hand as they both sat back down in their thrones. She wished Aheawan and Leeum were here, and if they were, she couldn't see them. Suddenly out of the crowds, they came. Their outfits were gorgeous and they looked like they hadn't changed a day. She admitted, it hadn't been long since she last saw them. But being of royalty in Hunvel ment a lot of time away from friends. She stood up along with Kiran and gave them warm hugs.
"It's nice to see you all here," she smiled at them.
"I see you have a guest...and who may this be?" Hiranneth eyed the pretty little girl hiding in protest behind them.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 04:51
(Hehe me and my bad spelling )

Gerard just laughed and clapped his friend on the back. "No matter. She's a nice girl, almost never gets angry. But don't do anyrthing stupid to her, she's held a grudge against me for 3 years."

Anita stopped in mid stride and turned around. "I am Anita, a guest ofcourse, but my brother is also good friends with Prince Ronin." She replied and let out her breath when she realised that she was holding it.

Geran pryed himself away from the drauling elves in who's company he had somehow fallen. He still felt uncomfortable in this place. He wasn't meant for great halls. However, he looked just fine. He wore a black doublet and crimson leggings. His dark red hair was pulled back with a black chord, and short beard was trimmed. He stood in silent contemplation, and decided to congradulate his king and queen, though he had never really spoken to them often, only seen them in tapestries and gazed at them as they stood on a faraway balcany. He sighed and began to step up to the platform, but was shoved away by some unseen force. He stood watching the queen speak to the guests.

(*Wink wink nudge nudge*)

[Edited on 5/5/2005 by _mook_]

[Edited on 5/5/2005 by _mook_]
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 04:58
Dorion listened as she told him were she was from. He had not remebered Ronin's friend. "perhaps it is that red head child he plays with," he thought to himself.
"Well," he scratched his head, "It's nice to meet you...I suppose."
(after introduction with Laurie)

Hiranneth's attention was immediately drawn to a man with dark red hair near the plateform of the throne. He looked as if he was about to say hello, but stopped short. Hiranneth excused herself from the company of Leeum and Aheawan and walked to him.
He seemed nervous as she made her way.
"Hello," she said while taking his hand in hers, "I do believe I know of you. Perhaps we have met before."
She knew this was a lie, she had never met him before. But something drew her to him that she could not explain.

[Edited on 5/5/2005 by SilverLoom07]
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 10:14
Gerard just laughed and clapped his friend on the back. "No matter. She's a nice girl, almost never gets angry. But don't do anyrthing stupid to her, she's held a grudge against me for 3 years."

Ronin laughed as well. "I'll be sure to watch what I say then," he said smiling. His eyes scanned the crowds, most of which had gathered around the thrones at the front of the room. He could see his father still greeting guests, but his mother had disappeared into the crowds.

His father appeared to be in deep conversation with two of the guest whom he recognized as Leeum and Ahéawan, people of some importance in the town whose positions Ronin could not remember. Behind them was a girl about their age, presumably their daughter, looking bored out of her mind. Ronin saw that Gerard had looked in that direction too, to see what held his attention.
"Shall we go 'save' her?" Ronin asked. "She looks bored."
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 01:34

(Anita)

The young redhead nodded. "The pleasure is all mine your highness. With that, she almost fled the room, all the while with butterflies in her stomach. She flew down the steps and colapsed on a bench.

(Geran)

"I don't think we have your majesty." Geran said smoothly. "Perhaps you knew one of my brothers. I have four of them, or was it three?" He laughed easily but then stopped. He went silent and a pained look entered his green eyes. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't bore you with my family life. Your guests are probably waiting."

(Gerard)

"Sure, why not?" The two boys made their way over to the bored looking girl. "Could we pry you from this most interesting conversation?" He asked with a very straight face.
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 01:50
[Hah. It must be hard to write three different people in three different places...Wait, Leeum's best friends would know his daughter...wouldn't they? Anyway...maybe you could just remark how surprisingly beautiful and older she's gotten...you know, "oh, wow! I can't believe it's you! The last time I saw you, you were this high!" yadda yadda. *cough*]

Laurëa had stood close by uninterested as her parents talked with the Lord and Lady of Hunvel, smiling curtly and curtsying in all the right places, as she had been brought up to do. As her parents continued making small talk, Laurëa folded her arms and leaned against a nearby wall, inspecting her fingernails.

"Could we pry you from this most interesting conversation?"

It took Laurëa a moment to realize someone was talking to her. She straightened instantly, prepared to meet someone important, only to meet two boys about her age, both plain and rather dirty. It must have been the red-headed boy that had spoken, for he was looking at her strangely, as if expecting a reply.

Laurëa only sneered at him. "I beg your pardon?" she asked rather rudely.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 04:38
(alrighty well, this might not be what you were thinkin but...)

Gerard's handsome face creased with a frown. "Laurea it's me. Gerard...?" He looked expectantly at her and turned to look at Ronin, who simply gave him a look that spoke volumes. "Uh...you've grown..." In fact, she hadn't really grown at all. Gerard had never really known her well, but they had certainly met. "You look very nice." He suddenly regreted his words, he knew all too well how she hated the word nice...
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 04:51
[mook, do you have an instant messenger of some kind? I should like to try chat RPing...it might be better for conversations like this..]

Laurëa wrinkled her nose in thought as she tried to remember the youth's face. Gerard...yes. The one with the coquette sister. "Ah. Gerard." Her sneer did not lessen any as she looked him up and down. "I don't believe you have grown any. You've just as many freckles as ever." She noticed the discomfort growing on his face and smirked.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 05:14
(Wish I did, but no, I'll try to cut it short...Laurea's obviously not one for chit chat hehe...)

Gerard's green eyes darkened and his face was as calm as ever. "Why thankyou your majesty." He said in a steely tone. "Mind your head, I've heard that small girls with parents high up on the ladder are prone to big heads when they grow up, if that is what you're planning on doing sometime soon." Gerard said the terrible insult with a finality that left no question of further comment. With that, he walked cooly out of the hall to find his sister sitting thoughtfully on a bench in the garden. "Beautiful night isn't it?" He commented peevishly. "What's gotten into you?" She asked mildly. Gerard sighed. "Oh it's that girl...Laurea, the one that called you a coquette a while back, she's worse than ever." Anita felt the heated grudge arise in her and she glared at the ground. "Oh yes...her."

(hehehe nasty aren't I?)

[Edited on 6/5/2005 by _mook_]
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 05:27
[Oh, you can download most free versions on the main sites (AOL, MSN, Yahoo!, whatever) with v. little sign-up time. I've got about four meself. Ooh, doesn't Laurëa just make you want to punch her in the face ? I love writing snotty chars (that of course are later redeemed). It should be pretty interesting getting them together...:love:]

Laurëa sneered again as the red-head Gerard marched off, but sly satisfaction played on her face. After a moment of watching him leave, she suddenly noticed the other youth that had been watching the entire conversation with a frown. Laurëa studied him with her cold blue eyes. "You are Ronin, aren't you?"
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 04:56
The young women said she was a guest for the party and with that, and in quite a rush, made her way to his door to escape. She tripped over the stairs and landed on a bench. Dorion stifled a laugh and poped his head out to see if she was ok. She was, as he guessed, but she feld from him in a fit of embarassment.
"How sad," he thought.

He re-entered his room and looked at the heap of "gifts" on his bed. Taking one by one and arranging them in piles according to size and shape. He decsided to open the small one that he had dropped early.
Unwrappign the delicate flower like wrapping paper he found it was a book. He sighed, "Not another book!"
He opened the book to the front cover and read the scribbled writings of elvish. It said:

To Our Future King and Hero of Hunvel,
Within these pages are the history that ties us all together, the history that we have made and now we pass to the next generation. I pray that you will have this be an heirloom unto your people for the days to come.

Dorion scratched his head, "There was a steward?" Well he had never thought about it, it did make since. If no one ruled someone had to be in charge for a while. But where had this Authon gone to?
Dorion began to read the pages, he opened to the accounts of the war of the raiths and the great victory achieved there. He also read of Leeum and Aheawan, whom he remembered from some visits ago.
He closed the book and looked around. There was one last thing he wished to open tonight before the was called to the dinning hall for other such things.
He picked up a large package, the largest one he got. It was cold to the touch and he gently opened it. The steel blade caught his attention first and made him smile. It was a sword used in the raith army. Written on it in elvish ruins were Honor.
He grabbed the hilt and began to twirl it about like a child with his toy sword might do. For the first time in forever, he felt happy.

He stepped out of his room with both the book and the sword. He had put on his normal day outfit to feel more comfortable. It was a dark blue tunic with leggings. A silver belt wrapped around his waist and arm guards of fine, black, polished leather with the sign of Hunvel etched in them. His hair was freely falling in his face and his eyes shown excitement and adventure.

He wandered out into the Hunvel gardens were he saw the girl from his room and Ronin's friend...

(hiranneth)

Hiranneth face grew pale as it dawned on her. This was Kiratons brother. He sure did look like him and his laugh was ghostly to her. She bowed her head to him and said, "I did know your kin, sir. Kiraton was my good friend."
She noticed him move uncomfortable, perhaps he was wondering how she knew Kiraton.
"Your brother saved our lives..."

[Edited on 6/5/2005 by SilverLoom07]
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 05:34
"Prince Ronin, actually," he said, staring into her eyes, wondering just what it would take to make her uncomfortable. He pondered what insults he knew, but was interrupted by his father, who seemed just now to have noticed him there. He broke off from his conversation for a moment to speak to them.

"Ronin, why don't you take Laurëa here out to the gardens?" he asked. "And if you see you brother out there, you can send him in? It's taken him quite a while."

With a sigh, Ronin nodded. He turned and walked off towards the gardens, not bothering to see if Laurëa was following. She didn't seem very pleasant to be around anyway, and he wouldn't be saddened if she didn't follow him.
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 11:35
Laurëa watched Prince Ronin stride off, then looked to her parents. They were still talking, now with other esteemed members of the Council of Hunvel, and from the looks of it they were going to continue doing so for quite some time. A slight frown creased the corners of her mouth as she stared down the hall after the retreating form of Ronin. After a moment of thought, she picked up her skirts and strode off after him. I need some fresh air anyway, she thought, the open skies of the palace gardens in mind.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 12:57

Geran's face was stony, and he felt his heart sink. "Was? How do you mean?" He knew exactly what had happened, his firm grasp on reality had already figured out that he would never see Kiarton again. It wasn't some happy fairlytale where the good always wins...it was the real world, middle earth, death and evil were ever preasent here and they didn't care for justice. His brother was gone. Geran only stood straighter and his eyes were fierce. "I am proud of him then. He was never happy, he knew he would die fighting." He bowed fluidly and set his teeth. "Thank you for your knowledge your majesty." He turned around and stepped out of the hall.

Geran found his room the same as ever, and went outside. He stood leaning on the rail and a single tear ran down his darkened face. "You always knew this Geran." He told himself quietly. "But he died with valor...the way he wanted."

Gerard stood up and bowed slightly. "Prince Dorion, you're looking well." He said sincerely, eyeing the beautiful sword. "Is that reall the sword of Hunvel?"

Anita looked away, slightly abashed, but clamped her teeth when she saw the strutting form of Laurea coming towards them. She was however, glad that the prince was also on his way. 'I hate that girl.' she thought to herself.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 03:03
Dorion smiled, "No, I'm afraid it is only a sword from the wraith war."
He twirled it about and it cut the air, making music to everyone.
He gave a small smile and put it in sheath. He stood proudly and looked at the coming people. One was his brother, the other a rather angry looking girl.

"Ronin," he flashed a big grin, " I see you have a 'dashing' young women on your heals...may this be the one?"
Dorion was known to tease his brother on his 'love life' although he was rather young for such things.

Dorion walked next to Gerard and whispered, "What's that girls name?"He pointed at Gerard's sister.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 03:39
"Ronin," he flashed a big grin, " I see you have a 'dashing' young woman on your heals...may this be the one?"
Dorion was known to tease his brother on his 'love life' although he was rather young for such things.

"Don't be ridiculous," Ronin said, with a snort. "This is the daughter of Leeum and Ahéawan. Father instructed me to accompany her out here and to tell you that you're wanted inside. I think they need to present you, once again, as the heir to the throne or something."

He tried to keep his tone indifferent, but his jealousy of his brother still managed to show through in his words. He couldn't help, as well, that his eyes wandered over to Anita as he spoke, as though drawn to her by something other than his own mind.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 04:28
"Oh, yes that's Anita. I suppose you two havn't met before." Though Gerard had a feeling that they had as he looked at his sister.

Anita straightened up and was back to her usual self. "Actually we have dear brother mine." She said in a sarcastic and lofty voice. She laughed and tried not to scoul as she looked back at Laurea. "Hello Prince Ronin." She said with a pretty smile, she nodded. "Laurea, how are you?" Though her tone was amiable, inside she was bubbling with anger.
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 07:09
[Why is it that whenever I am gone for an hour or two you guys post like mad, but when I'm sitting here watching the thread like a hawk no one posts? ]

Laurëa looked to that girl, the coquette, and spoke in a sickly sweet manner. "Why I am just peachy, dear girl. Though I must say, Dorion, this little party of yours has been quite dull." She strutted over to a granite bench and sat down, smoothing her crimson skirts haughtily. She noticed the small group of youths gawking at her strangely---with disgust, dare she say?---and adjusted her silver headband, turning her cheek with her father's emblem engraved on it towards them so they might all have a good look in the moonlight.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 07:22
(Murphy's law I guess )

Anita looked away, she saw Ronin looking slightly distressed. "Prince Ronin...are you alright?" She saw a look that was distinctly jealousy leave his features as he looked up.

Gerard looked around. "He's fine Nita." Anita laughed. "How many times must I tell you that my name is Anita?" Gerard grinned. "At least once more...you know all of this prince Ronin this prince Ronin that is getting on my nerves. You wouldn't mind if she called you just Ronin would you Ron?" Gerard had a way with annoying nick-names.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 08:05
"As long as you don't call me 'Ron', I'm fine with it," Ronin said. "I must agree with you on this, Anita, his nicknames just get on my nerves."
He flashed a wicked grin as Gerard as though daring him to say something about that.

(ooc- sorry this is so short!)
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 11:50
Gerard crossed his arms and mock pouted. Anita smiled. "Indeed he does Ronin." Gerard looked injured and Anita just laughed. "It's just the truth brother mine."

Geran looked over the rail at his children, they were talking happily with the princes while a smaller girl sat primly on a bench. He couldn't bring himself to smile though, and returned to his room. He changed into his night wear and fell asleep the intstant his head hit the pillow.

His dreams were troubled however. He was younger, he had come back to find his village burnt. He couldn't beleive it, his family was gone!

He was standing in his uncle's garden, holding a note and looking at the swinging gate. The note was from his brother, he had a wild surge of hope, Kiarton was alive!

He was waiting, or had been, he had kept the note, it said that Kiarton would return, but he never saw him again...
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 02:34
(hehe, I know how you feel about it Lysse, right now...no one is on! )

Dorion crossed his arms. "Well, Anita...nice to finally know your name."
He turned to Gerard, "She followed me into my room, quite odd really...but I'm used to it. The young women come in flocks, always trying to catch my eye. Dear goodness, If I weren't so stubborn they'd all be my girls."
He gave a laugh, that in all manners of the wordannoying was true. He noticed Ronin give him a glare...opps...

Dorion ignored Ronins direct attack on his comment of the young Laurie.
Before he went to go inside, Laurie said his party was dull.
"I know that my dear, why do you think I am hiding in the gardens with all of you!" He pointed at them all and laughed once again. Dorion had an incredible sence of annoyence that could make even his own mother shiver.

Dorion walked away, still high nosed and laughing. He could tell his brother was quite mad, perhaps even to the point of violent attacks like the last time he teased Ronin about his height (which wasn't much of an issue) but nonetheless it turned into a wrestling match, right in the middle of the throne room. Of course, Dorion won and ended up getting in trouble but that was always a consiquence he expected.

He entered the throne room and he was greeted by a loud cheer and claps. His face turned red as he walked past them. Kiran was in the front but Hiranneth was sitting in her seat, looking concerned about something. Dorion was suddenly worried as he approached.
"My son," his fatehr put his hand on his Dorions shoulder, "Coem up with me."
As it was customary, the King would lead his son to the throne seat and allow, for the first time in his life, to sit in it.
Dorion was amazed. He had not known of this tradition and unfortunately, this made him even more big headed.
"Take the seat...my son."
Dorion ran his hands along the sides of the chair. It was cast in gold and mithril. On it was the ruins of Hunvel law and traditon, to numerous to name. On the center was the emblem of Hunvel an eagle with it's wings stretched out and in command.
Dorion lowered himself on to it and it made him feel so much older and wiser. The crowd claped.
Dorion noticed on the outer sides of the dinnig hall a dark figure suddenly retreat. Dorion wondered what he was in a hurry for. But his attention was soon taken away when his father lifted him by the hand and thanked everyone for coming. The hall was slowly filing out.

(hmmm...who is this man of darkness...)
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 04:55
Laurëa got up from her seat in the gardens and made her way into the dining hall after the others. Picking up her skirts and walking briskly but deliberately, she strode down the hall toward the sounds of rejoicing. She turned a corner and abruptly collided with a dark figure.

"Excuse you!" snapped Laurëa as she regained her composure. Her cloaked offender glared at her, grunted, and continued to slink down the hall. Perterbed, Laurëa shouted after him---she was sure only a man could be so rude. "Excuse me, I think you owe the daughter of the house of Leeum an apology!"

The darkly apparelled man turned slowly, eyes blazing. "Begging your pardon, young daughter of Leeum," he hissed. He then turned around and continued down the hall as before. Perhaps it was his mysterious appearance, his husky voice, or the way his eyes lingered too long on Laurëa that made her feel slightly uncomfortable as she watched him leave. She frowned, smoothed her white-blonde hair, and continued her haughty stride.

~*~

Leeum and his wife Ahéawan cheered with the congregation as Prince Dorion took his seat at the throne. Laurëa soon entered amidst the cheering, her face as sour as if she had just eaten a lemon, but still with her nose in the air. Despite her attempts for a dramatic entrance, neither of her parents noticed her until she sat down at the table beside them. Neither did they notice the strange expression that was on her face for the remainder of the evening.

[Ooh, teh foreshadowing! Make of it what you will. ]
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 07:26
(ooooh!!)

Anita was blushing furiously when Dorion left and Gerard looked at her dissaprovingly. "What were you doing in his bedroom Nita?" Anita ignored the annoying nick-name and her face went even redder (if that was possible) She regained her compossiour(sp?) and straightened her shoulders. "I was helping him with the heirlooms, he dropped one so I opened the door for him." She blinked. "Good nite Gerard." She marched away and when she reached the halls, she practically ran to her room. She fell onto her bed and fell asleep in her gown.

Gerard still looked reproachfully at his sister's retreating form, but a look of concern crossed his face when he looked back at Ronin. "Are you alright?"
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 09:32
"I'm fine, really," Ronin said. He sighed dramatically. "Guess we should head back inside. Wouldn't want to miss the precious Prince Dorion sitting on the royal throne for the first time," his voice dripped with sarcasm and the both laughed cheerfully.

"I think I'll just go to bed now. Are you still up for some hunting in the morning?" Gerard nodded. "Alright, see you then."

Ronin headed off away from the celebration and to the edge of the elvish town where the elves built thier homes into the trees that grew amoung the buildings. It was here that Ronin had built his 'home away from home', a quiet retreat where he didn't have to face Dorion or his parents or anyone. It was really only a flat amoung a tall trees branches, but he was proud of his handywork.

Climbing up through the tree's branches, he reached the flat quickly. Waiting for him there was a blanket that he slept on, his weapons, which he realized weren't a good thing to carry around but which he hadn't wanted to take to the party. There also sat his hawk, Kiarton, glossy red and brown feathers ruffled slightly by a breeze as he perched near the edge of the flat.

"G'night Kiarton," Ronin mumbled, before settling down on the blanket and falling asleep.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email