Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Hearts of Hunvel (slightly scripted:see OCC)
on: June 08, 2005 03:11
Dorion followed Anita and the gang down a trap door. He was somewhat surprised that she knew of this and they had escaped 'death' so quickly. The groups breathing and heavy in the darkness of the tunnel, despite the torch, Dorion felt surpressed by this darkness.

"I was exploring under the staircase and the last user had left it open, I fell in." Anita said sheepishly

"The next trap door is out of the city gates, it's not far, we have to hurry though."

Dorion questioned, " Why would this trap door lead to the outside of Hunvel? What purpose does it hold?"
He suddenly felt as if they may have wandered into a trap...
What if Authon owned this place...?
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 06:31
Ronin followed them through the passagway. They were coming upon the exit soon.

"Wait!" he called to Anita, who was in the lead. "You should let me go out first. Dorion is right to question what this tunnel is used for. It could be a trap."

-----

With the knife tucked at her waist, amid the folds of her skirt, Tirithiel was rushing for the city gates.

There are only two ways out of this town. The gates, and the passageway. They headed in the direction of the passageway last, but they could've doubled back. Reaching the gates as quickly as she could, and hopefully quicker than they could, she waited in between the gates and the trapdoor, trying to catch her breath.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 10:15
"No Ronin,"he said in a whisper, "Let me do it. Perhaps I can play the element of surprise on them."
Dorion expected Ronin to obey, but in light of the resent events and the very fact that he had ran away in the first place, Dorion didn't believe that he would listen.
He felt Laurea come close to him in the darkness of the tunnel.

[Edited on 8/6/2005 by SilverLoom07]
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 12:06
[Eek! Look what you've done while I've been gone. Hmmm...what should I have dear Laurëa do?]

"Do you want to tell me what is going on here?" Laurëa demanded as she followed Prince Dorion down the tunnel. She touched her hair and pulled it out of the tight knot the Prince had put it in. "First you ridiculously plaster my hair to my face, then you whisk me to some slum of an inn, then you yank me through streets claiming we're running for our lives, and now you're talking about some surprise attack on the ones who set us up in a trap. What will you do next, hold a knife to my throat and ask me to marry you?" she fumed.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 01:08
(Let's say that Tirithiel hasn't seen them actually go into the tunnel, Gerard's got a plan.)

As Dorion and Laurea squabled, Gerard hurried past them. "Stay here, I have a bad feeling about the barmaid, I'm going up." He opened the trap door and headed down the street, he saw Tirithiel standing at the corner, looking around.

He ducked back, took a deap breath and then ran up to her. "Hi, Tirithiel, remember me? Geran? I was wondering if you've seen my friends, the sick boy that thinks he's a prince? A red head girl?" It was obvious that he had just come out of the tunnel, as there was nothing else down the street. He hope that his diversion would work.

His instincts were usually correct, and he had firgured out that one mug wouldn't get Ronin drunk. There was something fishy going on, and he had a feeling that Tirithiel was somehow part of it.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 03:08
Dorion laughed under his breath.
"You silly girl, I wouldn't ask you to marry me even if you held a knife to my neck!" He playfully squeezed her hand.

"Stay here, I have a bad feeling about the barmaid, I'm going up." said Gerard as he pushed past them.
Dorion was taken by surprise, it was usually him who jumped into strange situations like this to 'protect' others. He wanted to stop Gerard and threaten him, but some how he felt that this was not his place.
He looked back at the shadowed face of Laurea, "I hope he knows what he is doing."
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 03:22
Tirithiel was suprised to see that Geran had come out of the trapdoor when she wasn't looking. She managed to keep cool, wiping a bit of sweat off her forehead as she tucked her hair behind her ears.

"No, I haven't seen them, but I don't think they've left town. I got a new job you see. My father showed up at the bar soon after you left and said he didn't like the look of the place. I work here at the gates now. Kind of like a welcoming commitee," she smiled, satisfied that she had come up with such a good cover story.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 03:57

Gerard nodded. "Ok, your father seems to be kind of...protective."

He felt that neither of them really believed eachother, and yet they both seemed to want to continue the ridiculous facades. Her working at the gate? Right...and his excuses were no better.

"Well, I'm going to go look for them. Strange, I was standing there in the town square and they all took off, better retrack my steps and see if they're around there, you know there's a short cut to the town square down that way?" He pointed as he wandered off.

When he reached the trap door again, he hurried them out. "I hope you have another idea Anita 'cuase we're busted. Anita looked around. "The roof." She muttered.

"Have you gone daft?" Gerard exclaimed quietly.

"No," Anita replied indignantly. "Nobody ever looks up, come on." With that, she started scailing the side of a two story building that was tucked away and out of view. She frist climbed the stairs, edged onto a beam that lay around the walls. Sheheld onto the ramparts and swung herself up, she crouched on the dge of the roof motioning for the others to join her.

"She honestly expects me to climb up a building?" Gerard said to nobody in particular, though he hurried up the stairs to start the tricky climb.
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 04:00
Laurëa scowled at the Prince and yanked her hand out of his forcefully, muttering curses under her breath. He had beaten her that time, she had to admit. They were even now, it seemed.

"I hope he knows what he is doing," said the Prince as he turned back to her.

"I hope that as soon as you are done playing your little games you can return me home at once so I may inform my father of all this," she snarled. That was rather weak coming from me, Laurëa thought glumly as she continued to glare at the Prince in the dark.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 04:29
Ignoring Laurea's comment he said, "Funny, we seem to be being left behind all the time."
He pulled Laurea with him out of the hole and into the streets. He watched as Anita made adaring escape to the roof tops.
"She is quiet agile for a human, is she not?" He questioned Laurea, seeing if she would react to him commplementing Anita.

"We should probably go up, although I am concerned about you, can you climb at all or do I have to carry you?"

[lol]
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 04:51
Laurëa was becoming quite tired of being yanked along every which way by the arrogant Prince. She ignored his complimenting that red-headed coquette, but smirked inwardly. Trying to make me jealous, dear Prince? she almost asked aloud.

"As much as I know you would love to hold and cradle me in your arms again," Laurëa said to the Prince, her eyes glinting dangerously, "I think I can quite manage on my own."

She pushed her way in front of him rudely and looked for a sturdy foothold to begin her ascent. Once she did so, she grasped a wooden beam and---with as much dignity as she could muster---began an odd sort of shimmy up the wall, which soon became increasingly difficult as she realized she was still in her nightgown and had never shimmied up a wall in her life.

[Bwa ha. Can't you just picture Laurëa flouncing over to a wall in a nightie and shimmying up it? Maybe not...but is hilarious image, let me tell you. ]
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 08:33

Anita almost laughed...almost. But she did keep a straight face. Gerard and his sister were crouched low, and when Laurea reached the top, Anita surprisingly helped her up, though the stuffy girl was rather reluctant to take her hand.

Anita leaned over the edge, she lay on the roof with just her head hanging over the side, her red hair falling around her. "Ronin!" She called softly. "Come on! You too Dorion!"
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 05:38
Dorion began to climb, he made it look to easy as he made it up within moments. He planted his feet firmly on the roof and settled down with the others. The view from up here was nice, he could see the forests all around, and a group of riders coming into the town. His eyes narrowed as he focused on the riders, they were dressed darkly and they were cloaked...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Back in Hunvel]

It had been almost a full day since the children had gone.Hunvel was in a state of shock, the elves and residence were trying to go about their normal lives but no one seemed to be focused.
Lady Hiranneth stood on a palace patio facing the eastward sky. It was a beautiful day but something inside of her told her to be on watch. A mother's instincts are never wrong, she knew well enough that the children were ok. Kiran came close to her, wrapping her in his arms. He breathed her scent in deeply and sighed.
"It's a lovely evening, is it not?"
Hiranneth sighed, "All the more lonely than lovely."
Kiran nessled his head on her shoulder. All they could be was silent, no sound...nothing.

Watchers, sat in the trees, scanning the area for the ambush. The troop leader, Brunien, was crouched in a near by shrub talking lowly to his men.
"Make sure that when we attack there are no hesitations. Authon would not like there to be a weak link anywhere."
With that everyone, all 150 men and elf outcasts, climbed their trees and hid behind the shrubs. Their eyes caught the light of the sun that was slowly setting behind the massive palace.

Hiranneth looked at the forest one last time before the sun would finally go. But she saw a human form, with glinting eyes looking at her.
She froze...Kiran felt her fear.
"What's wrong?"
Before she could say anything and terrible sound emminated from the forest edge. War cries stung her ears and made her heart stumble.
Elves in the square were being caught left and right, they tryed to fight but there were to many.
Both Hiranneth and Kiran were seized and pulled away from each other. Hiranneths captor laughed in her ear," Hello doll."
She kicked at him and got away, running down the corridor and into the gardens. She tripped over a pot and landed hard. Getting up in pain, she looked up and saw horse legs in front of her. She stranded her head up and saw a familiar face...Authon.

"Hello, Hiranneth," he said sweetly, "Fancy finding you here."
The warriors behind him laughed at his harsh joke.
Hiranneth did not speak...she simply stared.
Authon got off his horse and gave her a hand up. She took it reluctantly. Authon was different in apperance now that he had lived a hard life in exile. His face was still young but a sinister glare came from his cold eyes, his hair was done in braids and knots. He also had a scar on his right cheek, that she did remember. In the moment of the uprising Kiran and Leeum were both in a sword battle with Authon, one last ditch effort to end the uprising. Leeum had cut his face, making Authon wince in pain and fall, they were able to cast him out of town with that one blow.
Hiranneth finally spoke, " What makes you think that your presence here will be accepted by us?"
Authon smiled and got back up on his horse. Pulling the reigns he called out, demanding the attention of all the elves. The captors let go of there captives, making peace amoungst all of them. Hiranneth winced, what were they doing?

"Attention Elves of Hunvel, my friends and brothers alike," he called out in a voice of command, "It has come to my attention that something terrible has happened in the last couple of days."
The town was on edge.
"The disappearance of your dear Princes... does that ring a bell to anyone?"
The silence was unbearable...if Authon had anything to do with thise, Hiranneth would personally kill him herself.
"I heard and came immdeiately to Hunvel to mourn with you, but on my way I found out something of interest..."
Authon snapped his fingers and two burly men dragged a beaten up Leeum from out of the crowd to the front. People gasped.
Hiranneth asked, "What did you do to him?"
Authon became grave, "Do you mean, what did he do to you...and all of us."
Hiranneth gulped.
"This man you call steward," he spit in leeums face," murdered the princes and plans to take the throne!!!"
The audience went into an uproar, demanding proof. Authon whistled loudly above all the cries and a lone shadow crossed the sky above him and Hiranneth. Hiranneth looked up to see a large hawk, black with brown feather tips coming soaring down onto Authons arm and gave a loud scree of a cry. Its eyes were golden, and in its black beak it held a small piece of jewlery.Authon took it and stroked the bird, calling it Ernilion.

"This," he said at long last, " was found on the property of Steward Leeum and Lady Aheawan. Thanks to the help my my followers. Does it ring a bell my lady?"
He handed Hiranneth the small ring the bird once held. It was Dorion's. This did prove he had come to Leeum's house in the night of the disappearance...was Laurea with him? She hoped.

"This doesn't prove anything Authon."
Authon frowned.
But then the elf maid that had first found the princes were missing came up and looked at it, "It is Prince Dorions ring! Why would he not be wearing his ring if Leeum did not want it for spoils!"
The crowd continued in anger, lashing out with words of insult at Leeum.
Hiranneth bowed her head and began to cry..."be with him," she whispered low.

After a moment Authon turned to Hiranneth and said to evryone who listened, " Why does a mother weep for the murderer of her sons...?"
The crowd became angery, wanting to know why.
Hiranneth gave no answer.
They yelled, "Hiranneth must go! She killed her sons in spirit!"

What could she do, they were right to be angery. they had their right to be supicious and uncertain. Leeum did have a haunting past...she was a mortal...Authon had all the cards in his hands now...

[Edited on 9/6/2005 by SilverLoom07]
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2005 02:47

Anita raised her head in the cool breeze, her red hair whipped behind her like a bright pennon flapping in the wind. "Something is wrong Gerard." She said in a grim voice.

"Aye sister, I feel it too." They both reached for their vials, each wore one, they were each filled with a liquid that was tippically black, however, at that moment it was an angry red.

"We must go." Gerard said, once everyone had climbed up. So the troop snuck accross the roof. Luckily, the town's buidlings were all connected somehow, in a strange complex so that the youth could cross the rooftops without need to descend. Soon, they reached a side of the wall that coiled about the town, and they carefully climbed down. They made a quick sprint so as not to be seen, and parted for the bordering forests.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2005 04:33
Dorion felt a real chill come upon him. His eyes winced and he felt something terrible had happened. He bearely heard what Anita and Gerard had said but followed in a daze.
They reached the edge of the town and descended, making their way to the forest. In the forest Dorion broke out into speaech, breaking the silence, "On the building tops I saw a group of riders...I felt no good from them."
For the first time in his life he felt truely alone, he wanted to be home right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was dark and cold...Hiranneth felt a sudden chill arise in her, for the first time the darkness of this cell clung to her like a cold blanket. She was also all alone, she had be put in her own cell, she had tried to call out to others but as far as she knew there was no one.
In a last ditch effort, she got up and went to the cell door, she called out for Kiran.
"Kiran. Are you there, are you ok."
Nothing.
She sat down again and she began to cry, what was she to do.
Suddenly she heard a faint whisper, almost like someone had come into conscienceness. She popped up and peered out the small window. In the door across the way, she heard movement.
"Kiran?"
A figure appeared in the window across hers.
"Hi, hun," he said softly.
"Kiran what happened to you?"
He grunted softly and said, " Despite a few bumps and bruises and a bloodly lip...I think I'm fine."
Hiranneth sighed. She wanted to be with him, but they were so far away.
"What are we going to do? The elves have turned against us, we have nothing."
"Authon has always been deseptive, the disappearance of the children was a foot hold for him to get a hold of. The only thing we can do is wait."
Hiranneth wasn't satisfied with his answer but knew that he was only trying to comfort. She walked over to the farthest wall and leaned against it. Her sudden movement on the wall caused a small avalanche of dust and leaves to fall on her. A hint of light came through the upper portion of the wall. She was shocked to see it, out of all the cells in the dundeon, they had put her in the one with a view. She picked up a stick that lay next to her and began to prod at it. the window was not large but big enough to see the edge of the gardens and back lot of Hunvel. She breathed the fresh air in deep.
"Kiran I found a window."
Kiran laughed," What are you gonna do with it?"
Hiranneth sighed, "What can I do with a small hole in the wall."
She sat hard with her back up against the wall.

After a moment she heard a strange noise above her...looking up she noticed a shadow cast across her cell window. She got up slowly, hoping it was somthing harmless.
To her surprise, a red hawk was looking at her with beautiful, happy eyes. Hiranneth sighed, "Awww, Kiraton. You have come to help me again. The hawk bleated a small cry and purred loudly, he liked Hiranneth a lot.
Hiranneth suddenly flet a new hope arise within her.
"Kiraton! Help me! Go find Ronin."
The bird perked up at the sound of Ronin's name.
"Go find him Kiraton, for Hunvel!"
The hawk jumped up and flutered away.
Hiranneth sat back down and was very elated with this blessing.
Kiran called out, " Hiranneth what was that about?"
Hiranneth simply smiled and said, "There is still hope in this dark place, a ray of hope that happens to be red."

[Edited on 15/6/2005 by SilverLoom07]
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2005 05:09
[Hmmmm...]

Laurëa did not want to follow the redheads and runaway Princes across the rooftops, but what else could she do? As they walked further into the forest Laurëa began to lose hope that she would return home anytime soon. What am I being led into? she wondered. As her companions---dare she call them that?---discussed their predicament, Laurëa began to feel an overwhelming sense of dread. This was not some playful escapade. Something serious was happening, she knew, and she did not like the way things were going. She wanted more than anything to be in her parents' arms again.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2005 05:28

Gerard took a deep breath and held one hand up. The small group went silent, all eyes were on him. "Ok," he said in a calm voice with a fire raging under it. "To recap for the people that weren't eavesdropping, Hunvel is in grave danger, particularily the friends of Hirraneth and Kiran, I'm sorry Laurea, Authon has a plan to frame your parents. We didn't hear everything, but he has some plan to get back in power, and something tells me, he's winni -" Suddenly, his necklace began to throb.

Anita pulled hers out, and without words, the sibblings combined the dark liquid. It formed a figure like it had done long ago for their uncle, Kiarton. It was a hawk!

Ronin recognised it instantly, as did Gerard. "It's your bird Ronin! Kiarton!" The watery statue then changed, it was now Hirraneth! walls grew from the small pool, and they saw her talking, to the hawk through a window.

Anita poured the liquid back into the vials when it melted back into its shapeless form. "Dorion, Ronin! Your mother must have sent the bird! We must look out for it! Something must be terribly wrong! She was in a prison!" She whispered the last words when she realised how grave the situation was. "We need to get help!"
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 05:36
Dorion looked at Ronin. The worried look on his face could not be hidden now. His bird, Kiraton, must be looking for us. And as far as Dorion knew, Kiraton was never asked to do such a strange thing.
"If your vial is correct, as I fear it is, then we must hurry...," he looked around him, "but I'm afraid I'm not to sure where Hunvel is. It is usually very hard to find on ones own. The elves know the way....I don't."
A sense of dread ran thorugh him. He almost began to cry, thinking of his mother and father.

Suddenly a strange noise came from above. A shadow crossed the sky. Dorion noticed Ronin look up, a smile crossed his face.
It was Kiraton!
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2005 08:31
[This might be before Hiranneth and Kiran are locked up...]

Ahéawan sat at her kitchen table solemnly, holding a necklace of her absent daughter and fingering it with a sad fondness. It seemed as though she had been crying ever since Laurëa had gone; not knowing her daughter’s whereabouts or safety ate away at her insides. And now with the news that Authon had returned…she could not bear to think what would happen if that monstrous man got a hold of her daughter.

A sharp rap on the front door shook Ahéawan out of her reverie. “Who is it?” she called.

From behind the door, a muffled groan was heard, followed by a pained, “It’s Leeum, dear.”

Ahéawan sighed in relief, wiping the tears from her cheeks as she headed for the door. Though it was a nuisance, Leeum had insisted they keep their door locked in precaution. There was no telling what Authon might attempt now that he was back in Hunvel.

“Leeum, I---“ Ahéawan gasped as she opened the door. Standing before her were two darkly dressed Elves, and held roughly between them was a very battered Leeum. “What goes on here?!” Ahéawan cried as she reached out for her husband. Leeum winced at her touch; he seemed to be bruised everywhere.

One of the menacing Elves spoke, “Leeum has been arrested for the murder of the Princes and plotting to take the throne of Hunvel.”

“What? This is preposterous! He did not! He could not! He has been with me since…” But that day that Laurëa disappeared, she remembered, he had gone to search for her and had been gone…No. “You have no proof of this!”

“The ring of the Prince Dorion was found in his possession,” said the other dark Elf.

No! Ahéawan searched her husband’s face. Leeum looked pained and weary, yet there was something else there, something she could not define. “Leeum,” she whispered, “tell them. You were with me, and Laurëa, certainly…” The Steward of Hunvel silently lowered his head.

“His fate has already been decided,” said the first Elf. “And so has yours. You will both be executed in less than a fortnight.”

Both Ahéawan and Leeum looked up, astonished, at this statement. “You said you would not harm her,” Leeum seethed as he began to rise. “She had nothing to do with---“

“She has been proven to be your accomplice in the murder of the sons of the royal family,” the second Elf said sternly.

“No! You cannot do this! I am the only one---“

“I think that is for Authon to say,” growled the Elf menacingly. “Now come.”
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2005 04:04
[story in the view of Authon and company]

It had been nearly 'forever' since Authon had sat on the throne. He planted his seat down slowly, taking in the moment like a precious desert. He closed his eyes and sighed happily.
Before him his followers, now 300 of them sat in the dinning area of the throne room and had meals from their spoils of the homes of hunvel. The men and elves laughed and drank, making quiet a mess of things. Authon watched with a deep seated pleasure. He heard Ernilion come in from behind him and land neatly on his arm chair rest. He lifted up his hand and strocked the bird.
"What do you make of this," he asked Ernilion.
The bird looked at him and gave a small scree.
"It is wonderful, is it not? I have worked for ages to get to this day. I have planted death upon those who oppose me...now, I am victorious."
The bird climbed up on his arm and peeked at the chair.
Authon looked over, "What is it?'
Ernilion pointed out that the chairs had the Hunvel sign, not the sign of Authon. He laughed.
Taking out a knife he began to etche out the insignia until it poped out into his hand. He took it and threw it into the party. The men stopped in a game of drinking to see it. Authon had a dazed smile on his face, and then he laughed.
"Ernilion will be the sign of my house. I wish for the best crafter elves of Hunvel to make one for me."
Some elves went out unto the citizens and found a crafter of considerable talent, he was to make the symbol.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````
In the darkness of the cells, Hiranneth listened the the goings on in the building next door. Her heart grew cold as she listened to things break and laughter spill out at random.
Kiran spoke into her darkness, " Where are Leeum and Aheawan?"
"I heard they will come soon to these cells, by word of an elf maiden who gave me food an hour ago. I don't know why they keep them out so late. They have been gone all night"
Kiran sighed.
Suddenly their silence was broken by the sound of pushing and shoving. Hiranneth peered out and saw a broken Leeum in the guard of an elf, being thrown into Kiran's cell. Then Ahewan was thrown into hers.
She picked Aheawan up and held her.
"Dearest friend, what has happened to you?"
Aheawan said in tears, "They say we killed the children, Hiranneth do you believe them?"
Hiranneth stroked her hair, "I do not."
Aheawan sighed in relief, "you are then the only ones who do."

"I found Ronin's bird Kiraton outside my cell window yesterday."
Aheawan held her breath.
Hiranneth continued, "I thought that he could find them."
Aheawan seemed agitated, "What do you think Hiranneth. That bird doesn't know anything! He isn't Kiraton our lovely friend, he is a bird. Nothing more than that."
Hiranneth answered angerly, " It is not by mistake he came to me. Where has your faith gone in these last days? Kiraton is with us in spirit. I believe, even as we speak he is with our children now."
Aheawan broke away from her grasp and leaned slowly up against the wall.
"What is it," asked Hiranneth.
"Do you think our children are alive. And if they are, what could five children do agaist three hundred strong?"
Hiranneth grabbed Aheawan's hand, " I do believe it in my heart. The children have a daughnting task before them, but if my thoughts are correct, then the children have the biggest hearts of us all. They are the Hearts of Hunvel and they can do anything they put their mind to. That is what we must hope for them now. Otherwise, Authon wins."
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2005 07:54
(cool :cool

Gerard looked up at the dark sky. He heard the soft beat of wings and saw a shape loom out of the night. "Kiarton." Anita breathed heavily.

The bird of prey landed instinctively on Ronin's outstretched hand. "Hello old friend." They heard him mutter.

The bird however, had a mind of its own, as it was off a second later. The children ran after him, crouched low and as silent as possible when you're running after a bird in the middel of a forest. Kiarton was obviously slowing down for their sake, and he doubled back often.

The children ran for quite a ways and when they brgan to slow, Kiarton came back and hopped along the ground, impatiently. He screeched softly and the tired group followed him to a small hut. Smoke was billowing out of a chimney and light poured merrily from the cracks in the window ond door.

"It's one of the elder outposts!" Anita whispered to the small company. Kiarton hopped onto her shoudler and bobbed up and down, as if to say "that's right! Now let's hurry!"

Gerard was the first to approach. He knocked softly on the door, and it creaked open to reveal a kindy old woman. "Welcome children, there is grave news from Hunvel, come in come in!"

Meanwhile, Kiarton was bothering Ronin. When the Prince finally understood why the bird was pecking at his tunic, he took off his ring. Dorion had one like it, but his seemed to have dissapeard. Luckily, Ronin still had his in his possesion. "Here, take this to mother." Kiarton obviously knew what he was doing, and took the ring in his tallons and was off a second later.

(sorry I took over, I hope noone minded, I just wanted to get the chilluns moving)
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2005 05:01
(its fine mook, Lysse and Vilya will be gone a while, so we can take over as much as we want )

Dorion ran after Kiraton with a scense of determination. His heart was full of feelings, he bearily felt his acheing body by the end of the run.
The little cabin that they were brought to was something of a sight. Dorion thought of when his mother told him about his human grandfather who had helped them long ago.
He saw the old women peer out of the door and tell them to come in quickly.
The children came in, the place looked as if it were expecting them. five chairs sat around the small fire place. The tables had lots of food and drinks.
Dorion stood still while the rest met the tables with delight.

The old women looked at him thoughtfully. He stared back, then she seemed to be suddenly embarassed.
"Oh dear," she chuckled, "I'm sorry for staring. You just remind me of Kiran in the face." She walked closer to him and squeezed his arm, "Also very strong like your father."
Dorion couldn't help but smile, " My father is a great man. I'm happy you think so highly of him."
The old women nodded.
This time she turned away and spoke to everyone, "I'm Pigity, my nickname of course, but thats my name. Nelbet will be by in a while."
Dorion's ears lifted up, "Nelbet...is he my..."
Pigity interupted, "Nethusila is your grandfather, he is away for some time in Gondor."
She seemed agitated, so Dorion left it at that.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 03:09
Hiranneth sat still while the day seemed to come with little hope. She felt in her heart that perhaps Kiraton did not find the children in time and was destroyed in the process. She lay her head down on a small pilow provided by the jailers and tried to sleep, but to no avail.
Aheawan was sleeping, but she looked restless in her dreams. She often twitched and sputtered Laurea's name, then silenced.
Hiranneth could understand her pain, she also beared it.

A low scree was heard from outside and Hiranneth quickly shot up. She ran to the window and peered outside. Kiraton sat there, like he did the day before. But this time he had a small ring in his beak. She layed her hand out and he let it go.
She pulled her hand inside and looked at the birds findings. It was Ronin's, and it almost seemed to bear his warmth still. Hiranneth rubbed it to her cheek as if to hug him.
"Kiraton," she said softly to the bird, "Thank you. Now go and be with Ronin untill we all shall meet again." The bird flew off and out of sight. Hiranneth felt an overwhelming joy.
Aheawan woke up and rubbed her eyes.
"what is it Hiranneth?"
Hiranneth sat next to her cot and gave her the ring, "They are still alive. Kiraton gave me Ronin's ring."
Aheawan cluched the ring and smiled.
"Do you think Laurea is with them," she looked up with tears welling in her eyes.
Hiranneth simply nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nelbet walked in with little notice of the company. They all watched with a quiet fasination as he bumbled around and hug up his things. Nelbet wore many strange things, a large fur coat made of various small animals and large boots, far to big for him. Around his neck he had a horse show.
Dorion stifled a laugh.
Nelbet turned to them and laughed aloud.
"Goodness," he wipped his beard, "Pigity, why didn't you tell me we had guests?"
Pigity simply frowned.
"I'm Nelbet," he said frankly, " You may have heard of me...but surely you may have not."

Dorion leaned up against the wall and cast his head down. He was tired and weary of these games. The elders only spoke in riddles, and if not riddles pure nonsense.
"What's wrong my child," said Pigity.
Dorion glared at the floor, "I'm tried."
Pigity looked out the window, "It is late, go on to sleep. You'll be safe here."
Dorion couldn't refuse, so he took his leave and went to a back room. He put his things down on an end tabel and flooped down. He looked around, noticing that the room looked lived in, but it seemed cold. He picked up a small book and flipped through it. It was a journal as far as he could tell. In one such entire it read:
My life is but a riddle... Although the Elders tell me it is simple to understand. What does this mean?
”Child born of unloved consent
Thrown away forever
Nothing more than maiden seed
But that of noble blood.”

Dorion looked up." It sounds like this person ahs the blood of a noble, no a king. But he also has...a mother who is not noble." Dorion put the book down quickly and sharply looked around the room, hoping no one saw him sneaking.

Pigity came in and gave him an extra blanket.
"Here son," she said happily.
Dorion took it and smiled vaguely.
"This was a friend of Nethusila and Nelbet's room. I didn't know him, but they say he was a great young elf."
Dorion looked up, "Do you know his name?"
Pigity opened the door and stepped out, "Leeum, his name was Leeum."
Shutting the door, Dorion was left in silence to wonder...

[Edited on 19/6/2005 by SilverLoom07]
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 04:50
Laurëa sat silently in the small cabin, in shock of everything around her that was happening so fast. So many questions flew through her head she hardly had time to think of an explanation: What is that bird that keeps appearing? Where are they? Who are these Elders, and that Piggy woman? And most importantly, when in the name of Manwe can I get out of this nightgown?

Stewing in her wooden chair for a minute while the younger Prince and the redheads talked in hushed tones, Laurëa decided to solve the least of her problems. The Prince Dorion still had her clothes; she would simply find him, wherever he had gone to, and find something more suitable to wear. Yes.

Laurëa got up with a sneer at the dirty-faced redheads and the equally dirty younger Prince, heading toward the back room she thought she had seen the elder Prince go into. Nearing the room, she heard what was no doubt the Piggy woman's voice.

"Leeum. His name was Leeum."

Her curiosity piqued, Laurëa stepped past the exiting Pig and opened the door to the room. It was cold and dark, but she could make out a lone figure sitting on the bed. Recognizing the figure as Prince Dorion, Laurëa took a step closer.

The Prince, however, did not respond. He seemed to be studying a small book he held. Squinting in the dark, Laurëa saw an incription on the cover of the book that looked very much like---

Laurëa gasped as she recognized the emblem of the house of Leeum on the old book. She traced the marking on her own cheek and took another step toward the Prince. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted her bag of clothing in the corner, but her curiosity about why her father's emblem was in this isolated cabin was too great.

"Prince," she suddenly said sharply, "what have you there?"
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 04:59
Dorion was startled by her presence but he tried to appear calm. He simply said, "It is a journal of sorts."
He put it down and looked at her for a while. He questioned everything he had ever thought about the riddle he read. If Leeum is the seed of the King then that would mean that he was my uncle...making Laurea my...oh gosh, my cousin.
He looked destrested, but the darkness hopefully hid it. There had to be some other explenation to the riddle. Maybe he would ask Nelbet in the morning.
"Laurea? Are you looking for your clothing."

*by the way her name is Pigity *
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 05:13
[I know what her name is, but Laurëa dear is far too snobby to care. ]

Laurëa scowled at the Prince's easy dismissal of her question as he stared at her. "Yes, I am looking for my clothing which you have been holding ransom all day." She sneered at him a moment longer before striding to her bag and snatching up a ruby-colored dress. She continued her stride past him and to the door, but the sight of the "journal of sorts" lying on the bed caught her eye. It was of her house, wasn't it? Shouldn't that entitle her to reading its contents?

Furrowing her blonde eyebrows, Laurëa sat herself on the bed a good distance away from Prince Dorion and picked up the journal with a flourish. Studying the familiar emblem of her house engraved on the front, she noticed small differences between the one on her cheek and the one on the book. This line was curved differently, a dot was missing here. But it was hers, without a doubt.

Noticing the Prince watching her carefully, Laurëa looked up from the book and remarked cooly, "You know, my family is one of the only families in Hunvel that still wears their house emblem. It's a pity the tradition has been lost; it marks dignity and pride for your ancestry, my father says." She smirked at the annoyed look on the Prince's face and peered back down at the book she held carefully in her hands. If the book was indeed of her family, who knew what its pages would contain?
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 05:23
Dorion saw her couriousity as a threat. Not only to her 'fragile' soul but to their relationship. What if she thought what he thought about teh riddle, then she would not pay much attention to him anymore. Wait! what was he joking...why did he care if she payed attention to him anymore. But he would miss her 'charming' ways. The way her nose wrinkled when she scouled. had she ever laughed in front of him, he could imagine that, he wanted to see her laugh.
He leaned forward and took the book with flirtation intinsions.
"I found it first, You can't have it."
He placed it under his pillow, crossing his arms and smiled.
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 07:18
[Does the fact that Laurëa might be Dorion's cousin make her more appealing to him? :twitch: I see we're trying to move things along. :love: I think I'll throw in some more funny-ness.]

Laurëa glared daggers at the Prince as he snatched the journal out of her hands. What angered her more was the impish smirk that played around his lips, as if he knew a secret he wouldn't tell her.

"I don't care if you found it first!" Laurëa fumed. "It's about my father, and I will have it!" She suddenly lunged at Prince Dorion, clawing at him and the pillow in hopes of reaching the journal. However, the Prince easily held her slim frame away from the book.

Laurëa grunted and squirmed, lashing out at him with a furious growl. "You egotistical, selfish, diffident imbecile! Give it to me!" she snarled, the Prince's arrogant smirk just inches from her angry scowl.

At that moment, the bedroom door swung open, revealing a confused-looking younger Prince. Seeing Laurëa and Prince Dorion sprawled and wrestling on the bed in the dark, the young Prince's face went from puzzled, to surprised, to amused. "Well," he said, a smirk immediately springing to his face, "what have we here?"
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 04:17
[well Dorion is hoping that this is a bit of info he has wrong. anyway...Lysse what have you gotten Dorion into ]

At the moment Ronin entered the room Dorion felt a fluster of dread come over him. He froze in place, realizing that this looked odd. Actually more than odd, down right obscene!!!
He pushed Laurea onto the floor with tremendous force and jumped straight out of his bed. Having forgot he was without a shirt made the matter worse, so he pulled a cloak quickly around him. A candle was lite, and all looked around, confused for the moment.
Dorion breathed hard, " It's not what you think...Ronin...She wanted this book."
He took it out from under his pillow and threw it at her.
Ronin stood, leaning against the wall with the most arogant smile on his face. Dorion glared long and hard.
"What do you make me out to be brother, " Dorion said from behind his teeth.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 06:08
(hehe :love: )

Anita heard a commotion in the other room and resisted the urge to eavesdrop, one of her favourite passtimes. She simply shook her head and went to her room. The companions had been seperated into two rooms, Dorion, Ronin and Gerard were in one, while Anita and Laurea were in the other. Anita wasn't entirely happy with the arrangement, but she took it with a straight back and a firm resolve.

She headed to her room and creaked open the door. There was only one bed. She sighed, this was nt going to be a fun night. She worked out that Laurea would surely want the single bed and she would end up on the floor. In that case, she decided to bunk in with the boys. She would rather jump into a freezing pond in her finest gown than spend a night on the floor in the same room as that insufferable whiny git. No. She wouldn't have it.

Anita picked up her things and headed to the other room. She found Dorion standing shirtless over the bed with Laurea sprawlled in a very unladylike manner. She smirked at Dorion and crossed her arms, falling in beside Ronin. "Well well well!" Dorion grabbed a cloak, to (unfortunately) cover himself. He spluttered the usual, it's not what it looks like things and Gerard came in soon after.

His reaction was simply a confused look. Anita whispered in his ear and he laughed. "Would you like the room alone friends? We can all go to the other one, though Ronin and Anita will have to sleep on the floor."

[Edited on 20/6/2005 by _mook_]
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2005 11:41
Laurëa snatched up the journal with a sneer at Prince Dorion. She was not happy about everyone coming to gawk at their predicament, but she was pleased that the Prince was being humiliated. She gathered both the journal and her dress and shoved past the Prince Dorion, snickering at the look he was giving his younger brother.

"Actually, you are welcome to the room. I was just leaving. Thank you for being so hospitable, Prince," she said, leering at him. Not even glancing at the other dirty faces, Laurëa headed back into the room she and the redhead girl were to share to finally change out of her nightgown.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2005 02:54

Anita chuckled and crossed the room. There were two beds, a small cabinet, a wooden chair and a thick carpet of sheep wool.

Anita threw her sack of clothing and provisions down beside the carpet. "I suppose the princes can have the beds." She said to Gerard.

He nodded with a pained look. Anita laughed. "Don't worry, Pigity told me there's a cot in the closet. I'll sleep on the carpet." So she took the soft pillow from the chair and an extra blanket from the closet, with them, she made a make-shift bed.

Meanwhile, Gerard got out the cot and made his bed next to Ronin's. "This will be fun...Dorion, tell me, why did you bring along that girl?"

SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 04:20
[alrighty back ]

Dorion crossed his arms as his room began to empty of the girls. He rolled his eyes and looked at Ronin and Gerard, still smilling.

After gathering his composure he sat down hard on the bed and sighed. Gerard asked,"This will be fun...Dorion, tell me, why did you bring along that girl?"

Dorion looked down at the floor, knwoing full well that this question was something of a mystery to him as well. Could he really say what he ment without being riticuled to death. He shrugged of his thoughts and look at the curious boys.
"Well," he combed his hair with his hand, "I suppose I brought her because...she seemed to need a friend."
Oh great! He knew they were goning to laugh, perhaps laugh him out of the room and he would have to sleep outside. He braced himself for the worst.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 05:43

"You're right." Anita said absently. "She does." The redhead stepped behind a screen to change, while Gerard shook his head. "You'd think a half elf, in hunvel, with her own people could find some friends. I wasn't even born in Hunvel, I was born in some remote town in Rohan, and yet I've still made friends."

"Her standards are too high, that's why." Anita's voice wafted over.

Gerard nodded with a yawn. "I'm tired, I'm going to get some shut eye, in the morning, we make for Hunvel, varda knows what Authon has done to the elves and the king and queen."

"Either way, we'll save Hunvel." Anita stepped out wearing a simple night gown and lay down on her rug. She pulled up her thick blanket and uttered good night to the others.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email