Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
adriel_aroura
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC: Eyes of Thorongil - Semi-scripted (KEEP)
on: August 25, 2005 03:43
umm sry guys.....right here -.-'

But I'm gonna be quite busy these days, and short on time to post.....just a forewarning. i even know what to post next already......Rielle's gonna be looking at her sword when Dauron comes in.....but I have barely the time these days. So sorry!! I'll post asap, I swear...sry again!
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: August 25, 2005 05:09
I hear you, Adriel....okay. Just post anything (two lines if necessary) just to get me out of my head sticking thru your door...I'm getting a stiff neck. LOL

And DD, another fun rainy breezy day headed your way....but I know what you go thru, living as I do in Hurricane Alley off the coast of NC. Hang in there. It'll be our turn next time.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 26, 2005 06:12
yes... hurricane Katrina... I'm dreading it... we'll end up either right smack dab in the middle of it all, or on the east side, getting the tornados and flooding. >.< rrrrrrgh.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: August 26, 2005 06:29
I hate to hear that but I really am relieved when they go somewhere else. I'm still cleaning up from Hurricane Isabel two years ago. Still, you have my thoughts and prayers as I can totally empathize with what you're going thru.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 27, 2005 09:09
thanks! I'm not sure WHAT Katrina is doing now...

I did a little pick-up post in the thread..

and Nell has a new image! here's hoping our other chars get to meet her soon!

adriel_aroura
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 03:04
hey cool piccys DD....^^

I'm back! Rielle feels very troubled now, but I'm back anyways! lol 0.o Sry I was gone for so long!
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 03:55
*squeeee*

Yay, adriel!! :hug:

Good to see you back!

And, heehee, great post!! :disco:
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 04:02
yipee!!
welcome back!

*folds hands and waits patiently for turn to post*
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 04:45
Welcome back, Adriel. Be sure to read how I got my head out of your doorway.....sorry if I manipulated your char but I really had to do something...the thread was coming to a screeching halt. Still, what Dauron saw is totally believable and no one need ever see it again...unless Calwyn makes a habit of running around with a bare back. LOL
adriel_aroura
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 04:53
0.o, bereth......she won't.^^

lol, thx everyone!! Sry again abt being gone and busy for so long!
adriel_aroura
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 03:49
ack....must you guys all know she's a spy now? Lol, but what's the fun in that? I had hoped to have Dauron at least still turn a deaf ear to all the rumours.....I mean, I thought it would be more fun to have Rielle truly reveal herself later, when they met the pirates....but oh well, lol^^ Nevermind.....just thought I'd mention it.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 05:56
Oh, Adriel....I do think with a bit of imagination (which I know you have plenty of *snickers*), you could come up with something believable to account for all this. The tattoo could have been because you were captured years ago. The meals with strange people could have been because you were spying for Gondor. Come on, little spy....be a counter spy....you gotta think yourself out of this dilemma (which you don't even know you're in yet. *grins*). Dauron is only too ready to believe anything you tell him. ROTFL
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 02:15
Does anyone know how to reach Adriel? This thread is coming to a halt. Should we just RP that we've decided to throw her overboard to end the problem of spying and just move on? *laughing hilariously*

Adriel.....can you hear me? We need you!
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 03:29
Yes, we are kind of 'stuck' again.

I've not seen adriel online lately, either.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 03:31
maybe we could write a few general comments from calwyn, gloss over some time at sea and have them reach umbar with calwyn guarded on the ship? thats the only thing I can think of... :/ I really like this thread, and I don't want it to go *fzzzt*
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 03:35
Perhaps... something that just 'struck' me, though - and perhaps something to keep in mind for who knows how many COE members.

I did check adriel's public profile, and she doesn't state 'where' she's from (not even US or a specific State, or anything); but one never knows if a 'missing person' might be one of those affected by Katrina... even if it's just being without power or something like that.

It *isn't* what I'm saying - I don't know at all... just a thought. Also, school has started for many, so she might be busy with the new year.

I'll try to come up with a post by tomorrow - in the meantime, we'll just carry her char along as we cann.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 05:09
I still say dump her overboard. LOL How come no one saw the joke in that? *chuckles*

But now that you mention it, Gwen, that's a good possibility...she may be from the Gulf Coast. Can we find out when her last post was? If it's after Aug. 31/Sept. 1, she's fine.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 05:14
lol! Of course we knew it was a joke!! :hug:

I can check yes.

edit: her last post for *us* is here in the OOC on Sept. 1.

*big* sigh of relief.

adriel, we miss you! :hug:

[Edited on 11/9/2005 by gwendeth]
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 12, 2005 08:00
Thanks for getting us moving again, bereth! :hug:

And, actually, I finally came up with an idea - based on Dauron's suggestion.

I've got to run to the store, but will post when I get back!!
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 14, 2005 05:18
Okay...

I have PM'd adriel to see if she's still interested/has time for this RP. I've still not seen her online in quite a while.

If there's no response or she replies that she can't continue, I think we can quietly exit her char at Tol Falas.

And... as I'd posted when we exited Salkiethia's chars, it will be done in such a way that if/when she returns and/or has time again that she can possibly re-enter.

Otherwise, I can't think of anything else to do and keep the RP moving.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: September 14, 2005 07:25
Yes, I think we exited Sal's char well, and can certainly do the same for Adriel's. *whispers 'dump her overboard....evil grin* Yes, we could take her onshore at Tol Falas and if she wants to rejoin, can find another boat to catch up with us. LOL Poor Dauron...first time he ever fell in love, too. So sad.

Okay, this may be my last post for ??? My village is the bullseye target for Ophelia and we are expecting 24 hours of 85 MPH,gusts to 100MPH, much rain and much flooding. I doubt our power poles will withstand that so have no idea when I will see you guys again. But don't dump me on Tol Falas and leave me there.....I will return....as soon as I can.

See you on the other side..................
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 14, 2005 07:31
bereth please be careful and stay safe!! You're in my thoughts and prayers! dang bad weather....

*hug*
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 20, 2005 07:47
Okay... I think I've waited long enough. adriel's not been online to even read the PM I sent last week.

So... I have posted to quietly 'exit' her character.

adriel, dearest, we *DO* so miss you, and hope you're all right.

I have 'exited' Rielle/Calwyn - however, in such a way that if/when you come back, you are MORE than welcome to rejoin us. :hug:

BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: September 20, 2005 03:45
Well, Gwennie, she better wake up in time to catch the ship before it sails. (at least I didn't dump you overboard, Adriel....*grins*)
adriel_aroura
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2005 07:49
Suilaid everyone…..!

Deepest apologies! I’m so sorry- but like I explained to Gwen already in a pm, I was terribly busy the last few weeks….yep. ^^ (which reminds me- why didn’t you tell everyone I was coming back, Gwen? Lol ^.- ) But newaiz, like I told her too, I’d love returning to this rp. I’ve finally finished reading all the posts since I left….. and I’m quite ready to save poor Rielle and return her into the story. But….I just have one troubling question for you, bereth…..Does Dauron still love Rielle anymore? Because….then, if he doesn’t anymore, I guess there really is no point in me returning to the thread. (But I really want to, so I hope you’ll say he still does! ^.^ lol)

So…..I’m not going to post until bereth can answer me… just in case. But I’m really looking forward to playing the piratess again, so….please say there’s still hope for Rielle! ^.~ lol, thanks, and once again, sorry about my incredibly long absence! x.o

(...I’m BAAACK!! *does a little happy dance* heheh….)
~Adri

(P.S. In case you’re wondering….I live in northern California, so I’m certain Katrina wasn’t quite the reason why I was gone…..>.>) Tla!
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 22, 2005 07:52
why didn’t you tell everyone I was coming back, Gwen? Lol ^.-

I did - just via IM when I happened to catch both bereth and dd at separate times.

Ok - bereth... answer!!! :angel:
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: September 22, 2005 08:37
Adriel.....I am sure we'd all love to have you back and posting but will you be able to stay back and posting? *smiles*

You say you've caught up with the posts so you must have read this part of Dauron's last post:

"The only thing that concerned me is Calwyn herself. She is no stranger to the sea and its tides. Berethion has an herb or two in his pocket to add to her wine. Hopefully they last long enough for us to have sailed before they wear off."

That was written intentionally to give the perfect way to get back online. All you have to do is say in your post is that you didn't feel like wine or something and also that you wake in time to wake Berethion so that both of you make it to the ship before it sails.

Dauron loves Calwyn but is torn between his love for her and the safety of his friends, which he fears she may have jeopardized. He was trying to protect both sides with his little trick. I'm sure he will welcome her back but will still be cautious until he's sure about her loyalty to him. She will have to turn on her charm with him and prove to him that she cares about him a lot more than she has so far.

If you think you can play it that way.....the ship sails at 5:00 AM. *grins*
adriel_aroura
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2005 02:29
aww ok lol, great, thanks then!! *hugs all* I'll post asap.......and don't worry, I know what to do for Rielle already. ^.^ She won't be late!

~Adri
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 23, 2005 03:18
woo! good to see you, adriel!

I'm eager to get to Umbar so Nell can get in on the 'action'...
adriel_aroura
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2005 11:32
ok, I know I haven't posted yet, but I am going to tonight. Just abt 7 more hours......lol ^.^ Hang on, Rielle's coming!! (I have my whole post typed up already )

~Adri
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: September 29, 2005 12:28
Just out of curiosity, was there some good reason you couldn't have copy/pasted your post while you were online? Why must we wait another 7 hours? You haven't posted since the end of August...it is now the end of September...and there have been innumerable posts, pm's, ooc's since then from all of us wondering whether you were planning on coming back or not.

I don't know about anyone else here, but I personally find another 7 hour delay a teaser and thus a royal pain in the 'you know what' . Let's hope you make it this time as it seems a shame to have a thread die due to ongoing lack of courtesy by one player.

bereth
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 07, 2005 08:11
Okay... I have some thoughts on the 'plans' now that the folks are coming in to Umbar.

dd - Gareth will give Naden a 'cover' job to save him from the Corsairs, lol never fear!! :evil:

bereth/adriel - yes, you need to get the 'meeting' done before we meet up with the Corsair guard-ships, please.

adriel - if you want to have Rielle's father on one of those 4 Corsairs, that's fine. However, what needs to happen at this point is suspicion and tension ONLY. Some quick talking may be necessary by my half-elven Captain, but they need to get in to Umbar. This isn't quite the 'point' for a 'blood lust' attack.

Tension and suspicion will need to build to a 'claimactic' point later on. We also need to pick up Niel/Nell!

I'd like us to have fun with getting the spying underway!
adriel_aroura
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2005 07:54
Of course- don't worry, Rielle's father won't kill yet, especially as you're all under disguise. Lol, I know what I'm doing... I was just bringing the charrie in a little. ^.^ The captain will not attack yet, trust me.... perhaps just continue watching.

Btw, do you guys have a good name for the Captain? I think he needs one....>.>

~Adri
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: October 08, 2005 08:56
Adrie,

He's your daddy....I think it's up to you to give him one. LOL

Ber
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 09, 2005 08:09
DAURON!

NADEN!!

And I would post the picture of Gareth, but I'm not sure if Gwen has agreed to it yet. *grin*
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email