Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
Post A love story (free, please join)
on: June 22, 2005 08:18
(OoC: The plot is very simple. Thara is the daughter of Aragorn and Arwen and decides to run away from Minas Tirith, to live her own adventure. You can play Legolas, Gandalf, anyone close to Thara or her parents. Also, someone must play the role of Legolas' son (no name yet, just imagine one), who goes with Thara, and thus the love story begins.)

It was a wonderful spring day in the gardens of the castle. On a bench near the White Tree stood a 13 year-old girl with a book in her hand. But anyone could see she gazed somewhere else, paying no attention to what she was supposed to be reading.

That was Thara, the young daughter of King Aragorn and Queen Arwen. Anyone would think she had a perfect life, but for her, it was dull and boring. Since she had been three years, she had had to read history books and to study the languages and geography of Middle-Earth.

"There must be more to life than studying to become a perfect princess." she said to herself.

Thara thought often to run away, but the idea of being alone in a strange place, far from Minas Tirith, was not very attractive. if only there was someone who would come with her...
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A love story (free, please join)
on: June 23, 2005 02:22
(( i am going to use my charrie, Gilinath, the only difference is now he is going to be younger,like 15))

Gilinath had been on an arrand to see his fathaers old friends, King Aragorn and Lady Arwen. When he approached the castle, he stopped dead and hid. He had not expected to see anyone outside the castle. Young though he was his instincts to hide where good, his timeing not so. He hoped she hadn't seen him but, she looked tobe reading so he wasn't that worried.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 06:53
((-ooc- sorry about that earlier mishap, won't happen again, I promise. I'm going to keep the same character but he's just a younger elf that usually tends to Legolas and has often visited Minas Tirith))

Along the walls silently crept a tall shadow. Tip toe by tip toe he moved, inch by inch all in a silent manner. This was Advadedin, a server under the service of Legolas.
The young elf continued his way upwards, on his way to the gardens most likely where most he lounged for there was it most like home and yet so very different.

He approached from behind the garden but suddenly looked up. There sittig on one f the benches was a young woman but he knew better than that. It was not any mere girl, it was Aragorn King and Queen Arwen's daughter, Thara.

Now stalking around the various plants he came up from behind her and very quickly pounced, his hands gently grabbing her by her shoulder. "Do not worry, Miss Thara, it is only me."

Smiling through his breaks of laughter, he moved in front of her and took a seat. "Studying again? Don't you ever have any free time? Last I came you were studying." he immidiately stopped speaking and looked over.

"Come out here now," he called to the other lad and carefully crossed his arms. "Why are you hiding? Up to something, stranger?" Not really knowing it was his Lord Legolas' son.

[Edited on 25/6/2005 by the1smeagle]
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 09:28
Thara had heard something moving outside the castle, but there were many people who had to see her father. But she didn't notice he was hiding, because she payed no attention.

"Advad, first of all, quit calling me "Miss", I'm younger than you! And next, who are you talking to?" she said, trying to see the man who was supposed to be hiding. Realising she would be unsuccesful, she crossed her arms like her friend. "I guess you have to be elf to see some things!" she thought, a bit annoyed, waiting to see the stranger.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2005 02:59
((If you read gilinath's profile, I use him as an elven ranger. It stats he is Legols' son, matbe, your character, The1Smeagle, can be my character's older brother?))

Gilinath knew he had been found out. He walked out into plain veiw. He then approached Thara and Advadedin. "Good Sir, Miss," Gilinath said, bowing his head. Then he smiled. A charming smile that you would never have guessed. His teeth glinted in the sun light
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2005 05:47
((-ooc- geez, lol, sorry about that, I meant to read about the characters before I did it but blanked out about it! I'll change my posts.))

Advadedin jumped a bit, realizing whom he had scolded for hiding out. Immidiately he gave a bow and muttered. "Excuse, Gilinath, I did not realize it was you."

[Edited on 25/6/2005 by the1smeagle]
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2005 09:14
(Sorry about the confusion with Gilinath. I should have read his profile. But, no harm done, I hope.)

Thara bowed her head.

"Gilinath, good to see you. I thought you were with your father. Nice surprise, anyway. You know Advad, of course."

"This is it!" she thought. Now that Gilinath was there, she could talk to him about her plan. She only hoped he would come with her.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 04:42
((Hey, we all forget things. I don't think it is anyones fault.I forget alot of things so...))
"It is not your fault, Advad. I should not have hid but, I did not relize it was you Lady Thara that stood out in the court yard, on previous visits I had only seen you inside the castle first." He had started his smile because, why had he started to smile, either way, he knew he was now smiling, glad that it was only Thara that he had looked a fool in front of."Advad, I would apprecieate it if you did not mention this to my dad." Then he relized that he was forgeting something, where were his maners,"It is good to see you too Lady Thara, how have you been?"
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 09:40
"Yes, sir. I willnot speak a word of this to him." He bowed his head slightly then slunk away a few paces until he stood at a decent distance from the two.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 10:08
"Well, a lot of work to do. My parents think I am old enough to learn about all the affairs of the kingdom." she frowned. "I hardly have any time left to do anything else."

She stopped for a moment, not sure if it was a good idea to tell Gilinath about her plan. If he told her parents, she would have been grounded for many years. Finally, she decided to take her chances.

"I want to talk to you about something, mellon. But promise first you aren't going to tell my parents, or you parents! It is very...secret."
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 26, 2005 02:16
OOC: I have the go ahead to post from Iaharah. My character is Princess Aregwyn, she's the daughter of Arwen and Aragorn and therefore the sister of Thara. She is in her 20's. Well here goes then...

BIC:
Aregwyn sighed as she bit into the bread bun and chewed it thoughtfully. No one else was present at the long dining table in the Great Hall. Her mother and father, Queen Arwen and King Elessar, were about the citadel on important business regarding the city, Eldarion, her older brother by 10 years, was somewhere in the palace and her younger sister, Thara, was lurking somewhere outside. Aregwyn picked up a juicy, green apple and stood up and stowed it in her pocket for later. She moved to the doors leading to the corridors, barely noticing where her feet were taking her, and then she snapped out of the trance and found herself standing in front of the entrance to the library. She stopped for a moment in confusion but then shrugged her shoulders and pushed the door open.

She looked around the room, carefully but found that no one was in the library so she sighed happily and closed the door quietly behind her. She made her way over to the vast shelves of books on the history of Middle Earth. She stopped as one caught her eye and plucked it out from the shelf. It had a red velvet cover with silver patterns sewed upon it and it was rather heavy. Aregwyn hauled it over to the armchair beside a window overlooking the Pelennor Fields and then she cautiously opened the front cover.
The Notable Elves of Middle Earth

It read. She curiously flicked over to the next page which had a list of contents of the book and then she scanned down the page. Suddenly she stopped as she saw a name she recognised.
The Lay of Luthien

It read in the fancy, flowing font written upon the dusty pages. She remembered the name from a song long ago which her mother once sang to her as a young girl. Arwen had told her that her ancestor was the elf maiden of the song and that she was the most beautiful elf maiden to ever walk the earth. Aregwyn had only been 4 at the time but it was still a vivid memory in her mind of that day as her mothers soothing, angelic voice sang to her as she rocked her back and forth. Aregwyn was lost in the memory until she felt her head drooping, falling asleep. She snapped her head up sharply as the heat of the day surrounded her. She shook her head and slowly got to her feet, still clutching the book in her pale hands. Deciding that no one would notice it was gone she tucked it under her arm and disappeared from the library and down the corridors towards the courtyard. Two guards stood by either side of the huge, wooden doors and as she passed they bowed and opened them for her, "Thank you." She said with a smile as she emerged on the emerald green lawn of the courtyard. She noticed some figures standing not far away and she recognised one of them as her little sister. She smiled again and began walking towards them as the warm sunlight beat down on her and the refreshing breeze whistled softly around her. As she approached she said softly, "Now what mischief are you all up to today?" She joked...
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2005 02:16
Thara froze. She didn't expect her sister to see her when she was about to tell Gilinath her plan.

"Well.."she frowned "it is nothing, just a game, Aregwyn. You know me" she said blushing so bad she felt her face burning.

She looked at Gilinath and stepped on his foot, hoping he would understand her message. If he said anything about her secret, Aregwyn would have told their parents and Thara would have had a lot of explainig to do, before being punished.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2005 03:31
(( Let's see... Gilinath was about to promise Thara that he wouldn't tell anyone and then Aregwun Bargs in. Hmm...here go's this Idea.))

When Thara's sister came round, Thara had stopped what she was talking about and told her sister they were playing a game. At first Gilinath was slightly confused but then Thara stomped unexpectedly on his foot. Then he understood. "Yeah, we were playing Tag and now she's it."Gilinath said touching Thara's arm and then runnng back toward the door through which Aregwyn had come. Gilinath hoped that Thara would follow, then the could continue their conversation. Once he arrived at the door he stopped and caught his breath.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 28, 2005 08:03
OOC: Sorry it isn't very long!

Aregwyn looked at her sister suspiciously.
"Well.."Thara frowned "it is nothing, just a game, Aregwyn. You know me" she said but Aregwyn could see her blushing, she had turned bright red. "Yeah, we were playing Tag and now she's it." A young boy stood beside her said and then ran off inside. Aregwyn watched as he ran off and then turned back to her sister who was looking at the floor nervously. "All right now tell me, what's going on? You look redder than a beetroot. What've you done?" She asked her sister. glaring at her awaiting an answer, "You can tell me, you can trust me..." She told her and looked at her expectantly.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2005 07:52
(Thara is just plain dumb, and instead of running, she gets cought by her sister! Sorry Gilinath... ;p)

Thara knew her sister wasn't about to let her go, so she looked at the door to where Gilinath stood and nodded as saying that his plan didn't work (although she hoped it would) and telling him to come there. If she had to tell the plan, she didn't want to do it more than once.

"Aregwyn, you know how much I...we have to study about everything! We have to know every little detail about Middle-Earth. I think we are the only ones that know all tipes of Elvish and Dwarvish. It's not fair. I'm not even going to rule Gondor. And, to be honest, I wanted to go somewhere else, leave Minas Tirith." she said very fast, and then crossed her arms, looking at both her sister and Gilinath, trying to seem confident, although she felt her legs trembling.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 04:17
"Aregwyn, you know how much I...we have to study about everything! We have to know every little detail about Middle-Earth. I think we are the only ones that know all types of Elvish and Dwarvish. It's not fair. I'm not even going to rule Gondor. And, to be honest, I wanted to go somewhere else, leave Minas Tirith." Her sister said very fast and then crossed her arms and waited for Aregwyn's reply. Aregwyn was in shock, whatever she expected it sure wasn't that. She thought her sister had got into some mischief or something but never expected that. "You want to leave?!" She asked her sister, shaking her head when she didn't get a reply. Thara just stood silent, looking at her big sister. "I've also wondered why...we have to learn everything. I once even asked father and he said plainly: we want you to know about how great and powerful your ancestors were and how much you have to thank them for. I always used to hate studying but then I realised that if mother and father wanted me too then that was a good enough reason. You might rule Gondor one day...anything could happen. But you can't leave! I mean for one thing: where would you go? Why do you want to leave anyway, Thara, you have the perfect life, some would give anything to be in your position. Where would you go?!" Aregwyn repeated and stood with her arms folded, glaring at her sister. To be truthful Aregwyn had too been rather bored off city life and longed to ride over the vast, wide plains of middle earth and explore the elven realms and battle orcs. She'd always wanted to, ever since she was just a young girl. She wanted to be as brave as her daddy, she had often said when she was younger but she realised as she grew older that adventures were for those people in the great tales. Recently she had been thinking of going away for a while, if her parents permitted it (which they probably wouldn't anyway), and explore Middle Earth for herself. She snapped out of her thoughts now though as her sister opened her mouth to answer her...
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 01:25
Thara now felt braver, knowing that her sister wasn't going to tell her parents anything. She might even have a chance to take her on her journey.

"Come on, Aregwyn, I know it all sounds wounderful, having the King and Queen as parents, but we work harder than any child in Gondor. I don't think it's worth it. And I don't want to be ingrateful, I know we have everything we want. But I think a little break wouldn't hurt anyone. And about the place, it doesn't matter, anywhere would be better than here." she said frowning.

She then turned to Gilinath.

"That is what I wanted to talk to you about, Gilinath. I don't want to go alone, maybe you would like to come with me? We could take Advad also, I'm sure he'd love it."

She thought of inviting Aregwyn also, but until she was sure her sister agreed to her plan, she decided to shut up. She glared at Gilinath, wanting to hear his answer. Also, she avoided her sister's look, becasue she was sure it was a bit of a shock to her.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 06:39
Aregwyn just stood in utter shock. She wasn't expecting anything like her sister had just explained at all. Many times she went to speak but then shut her mouth, unable to find the words. Finally she said to Thara, "You can't go alone. You're too young, anything could happen. Think of how worried mother and father would be once they found out! You need someone to go with you Thara, its too dangerous out in the wild by yourself. Don't make any rash decsions (sp?) please, Thara." She said and then looked at Gilinath and Thara who stood silently.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 11:23
Gilinath knew from the moment Thara had started to explian about her plain what she was thinking, he was just waiting for her to say it. Or so he thought. He tried to tell her he would go, after all his heart acctually skipped a beat when she asked him but, with Aregwyn there it was all very much harder. Gilinath knew Aregwyn wanted to go."Um, I would love to go with you Thara. Inviting Advad would be a good Idea as well." He did his best to sound excited.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 07:21
Thara nodded and smiled to Gilinath.

"I knew you wouldn't refuse a good adventure. Now, Aregwyn, that's another reason for leaving this place. Everybody still treats me like a child. I'm 13 years old, so I can handle myself in the wild. But, listen, we could use someone who's older. And I'm sure you had it with Minas Tirith also. Why don't you come along? Mom and dad will surely be worried, but it will do them good, they will realise how we feel and give us a break."

This time she looked at her sister, but she kept smiling, because it seemed that day was going to be the greatest of her life.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2005 02:17
Gilinath no also Looked at Aregwyn. He hoped she would say yes but, at the same time hoped she would say no. He hoped she would say yes because it would be what she would have wanted but, he hoped she would say no because he didn't think Aragorn and Arwen coul handle both their daughters leaving at once.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 07, 2005 09:04
Aregwyn looked at Gilinath and Thara. She realised then that they were not children but young adults. They could take care of themselves but all the same she wanted to be sure no harm would come of them. She turned to her sister, "Thara, I don't know...I mean I do wish to be out of this city but...." Thara smiled but Aregwyn held up her hand to silence her sister who was about to say something, "If you do go, I would like to come with you. Just to be sure your safe. But we must plan and leave mother and father a lengthy letter explaining where we've gone and why. I can't imagine how worried and furious they'd be otherwise... well when do you wish to leave Thara?" Aregwyn asked her younger sister.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2005 10:20
"Tonight!" said Thara immediately. "Aregwyn, could you write the letter? You're better than me at compositions. After that, start packing your things. Make sure mom and dad don't see you. That goes for you too, Gilinath. Make sure your parents don't see you. Lord Legolas will surely tell my parents. I'll go tell Advad, I hope he will come too. Later, I'll try to steal some food from the kitchen, we will need it. And remeber to take your weapons, the road could be dangerous, but we will hadle it." she said, crossing her arms, as a general speaking to his soldiers. "Alright?" she added looking at Gilinath and Aregwyn.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 09, 2005 04:49
OOC: I hope this is alright.

Aregwyn looked at her sisters determined face. "Tonight? Umm...alright then I will do what I can." She said, nodding. Then she left her sister and Gilinath to talk over the plan while she returned to the Citadel. The guards looked at her suspiciously as they had heard her saying something to her sister. But Aregwyn smiled innocently and they bowed and opened the doors for her. "Thank you." She said and entered the Great Hall. There she was shocked to find her father. "Oh, hullo ada." She said walking over to him.
"Aregwyn!" He said, happily and smiled as he ate some fruit from the plate. "Are you okay, my daughter?" He asked concerned. Aregwyn blushed and answered quickly, "Yes, ada, I was just ermmm catching up on some reading!" She told him, holding the book which she had under her arm. "See, I got it from the library. I hope you don't mind!" He raised an eyebrow, "No not at all. Which book is it?" He asked, conversationally. Aregwyn looked up at him, "Oh umm...its Notable Elves of Middle Earth." She read from the cover. "I have to say ada, it mentions mother." Aragorn looked surprised, "It does?!" Aregwyn smiled sweetly, "Yes it does. It tells the tale of how you two met on that summers eve." Aragorn stared at her, "Really?..." Aregwyn smiled, she now knew that her father had gone off in a daydream, remembering that day so she quietly slipped out of the door, without him noticing.

Once in the corridor she hurried down to her room and slammed the door shut quickly. Then she dumped the heavy book on the bed while she rushed around the room, packing items she would need. She quickly flung everything into the bag and hid it under her bed incase anyone walked in suddenly. Then she sat down at her dressing table and took out a piece of parchment from a drawer and dipped the quill in the inkpot. Her hand lay poised in mid air, just above the page. She didn't know where to start. She slowly lowered the ink onto the page and began to write,

Naneth, ada...

I don't really know where to start. All that I can ask is that you can try to understand why we have done this. Why we have went away. By we I mean Thara and I. All our life we have studied hard, learning all the languages and history and geography and I will say that it is fascinating. But when I was younger, exactly Thara's age in fact you might recall that I hated studying! I absolutely loathed it! And I would always try to get out of it by making up excuses! But you always caught me and told me that I should be grateful. And the fact is ada and naneth I am grateful and Thara too, but we need some time away. Away from Minas Tirith. You might recall that a few weeks ago I talked to you naneth in private. About how I felt like live in this city was the same...day after day after day after day. It always repeated. Nothing changed, nothing altered, nothing happened infact. I always wondered what it would be like, out there in the wild! Just riding free over the vast plains, exploring the mysterious forests and marvelling at the breathtaking elven realms. I always wondered...always. Now Thara has explained to me that she feels this way. So we have decided to take 'a break' if you will. But do not worry, everything is prepared and ready. We can protect ourselves out there and I promise to you that I will not let any harm come to Thara. But the truth is dear mother and father, she is not a child anymore and is tired of being treated as such. So by the time you are reading this we'll be gone, myself, Thara, Gilinath and possibly Adavad. I must ask that you do not worry, we will be safe and I will protect them, no matter what. We can protect ourselves and we will try to send you message when we reach a town or city. But until then mother and father I love you...and always remember that we will be safe and this is what we want. Please try to understand...please....

From your daughter,
Aregwyn

Aregwyn finished the letter and then folded it up carefully and placed it in an envelope. She stamped a wax seal onto the back of the envelope and then placed it in her pocket. Her hand brushed against the apples that were still there. 'Food' she thought, 'We will need food. But Thara said she would take care of that.' She reminded herself. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. She gasped and quickly made sure the bag of belongings was out of sight and then quickly smoothed her dress out and opened the door...
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2005 05:00
Thara approached Advad.

"Come with me!" she whispered, because the guards were looking very suspiciously at her.

She took the elf to the gardens, where they could talk without being disturbed.

"Advad, what I am going to tell you is very important, and very secret. Not a word to anyone. So, me, Aregwyn and Gilinath have decided to leave Minas Tirith, because we are tired of our lives. Nothing interesting to do, except read, study, learn. I'm sure you feel like me, even if you won't admit it. I know it sounds childish, we I am serious. And I would like you to come with us. We will go any place we want. There won't be anyone to tell us what to do, or where to go. What do you say?" she said and waited anxiously for his answer.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2005 08:20
Gilinath was both glad and sad upon venturing back into the castle. He had been staying a while, not a very long while but, a while. He entered his room, quietly, and closed his door, quietly. Then he began to pack all his belongings.'Thara was suposed to take care of food,' Gilinath thought as he had picked up some of the Lembas bread, the whole one piece left from his trip here. When Gilinath was packed, he looked under the bed."I knew it." Someone had been messing with his stuff again. When someone went in his room they always put his long sword, elven long bow and quiver under his bed, why he never knew.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2005 02:42
Advad. stared nerviously at Thara, his hands dipped into his pockets. "Me?" he furroed his brow curiously then smiled with a chorus of soft nods. "Yes, I would love to join you! If, it's all right with Gilnath that is. I cannot go without his rightful permission..." His eyes lowered a bit then gradually looked back up. "But if I serve to him and he is going then I have to go anyways! All right, I am coing with you."
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2005 08:20
"Alright! Now go pack your things, because we leave tonight. And make sure nobody sees you. Bye." she said, smiling and hurried to her room.

She quickly took her clothes and put them in her pack. She got a pair of boots, thinking that she might need to change her shoes also.

Fortunately for her, Aragorn let her keep her sword in her room. But her bow and arrows were kept in the weaponry, because Arwen thought it would be dangerous for someone so young to have something so dangerous.

After packing, she hid her stuff under the bed, carefully placing a blanket on it.

"Now, food..." she said and went to the kitchen, thinking hard about how she was going to take enough food for at least a week.

She found the chef there, as always, prepairing the evening meal. Thara smiled and approached with her most innocent look.

"Good evening!" she said.

"Good evening, your highness." answered the man, bowing.

"Mr. Steedwick, me and some friends have decided to camp out in the gardens, and we would certainely need some food. I wonder if you could help us."

"But, of course." said the chef, taking some bread, jam and crackers and placing them on the table in front of Thara.

"Thank you, but, you see, we are staying there for a very long time, about one week, and aren't going to return to the castle. So, we're going to need more than this."

The chef eyed her suspiciously. "We are practicing for life in the wild!" said Thara quickly.

Still very suspicious, the chef got two back-packs where he put lots of fruit, bread, jam, crackers, dry vegetables and some roast meat and handed them to Thara.

The girl smiled broadly. "Thank you very much!"

She hurried to her room, put the things under the bed and went to her sister's bedroom to tell her that everything was done. She knocked on the door and waited...

[Edited on 11/7/2005 by laharah]
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2005 08:30
"Yes, Miss Thara. Right away."

Hurriedly with pounces of excitement, the elf wandered back to the quarters where he was staying. Fortunately the others who were staying in that same room were not there for the moment.

He quickly rummaged under his bed and pulled out everything he had then slowly with some thought placed everything he wished to take in the pack next to him.

Once packed, he shoved all the 'stay behind things' underneath the bed. He was ready. Smiling, he plopped down on his bed and couldn't help but stare out the window, waiting for the sun to lower.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 11, 2005 09:32
OOC; Sorry it's not very long!

She opened the door slightly, "Oh Thara, it's just you!" She ushered her sister into the room and quickly dug the letter out of her pocket, "I have written the letter to mother and father. I hope they will understand but we'll have to leave it somewhere for them to find it later. Anyway I will worry about that...I was thinking that maybe we should change our clothes. If there are any people who recognise us on the road then they will most certainly escort us straight back to here. What do you think? How did you do for food? Oh and did you pack your weapons too?" Aregwyn asked, the questions and ideas coming thick and fast. She was so excited, though she tried to hide it. She had never been out of the city in such a long time and had always longed for the wide open plains to be calling to her, as they were now...
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2005 09:42
Thara nodded.

"We will change our clothes, of course, but before we leave, because if anyone sees us now, we will have some explaining to do. And, about the food, we have enough for an entire week. I hope that is enough, I hope we reach a city in that time. And my weapons are ready, as usual. I mean, my sword. You know mom and dad consider it to be dangerous if I keep my bow in my room. Now, let's wait till the sun sets, and than we'll meet in the courtyard. Make sure you place the letter where mom and dad can see it, ok?" she said, excited, because she realised that in a few hours she will be on the road.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2005 09:24
OoC: Guys, why aren't you posting?
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 15, 2005 06:34
OOC: Sorry I was a bit preoccupied! I hope this post is okay as I don't really have that much time online and I wanted to at least post something!

Aregwyn nodded as her sister answered and then said, "Yeah I will go and hide it somewhere where they'll find it. But if you want I will go and sneak your bow out of the weaponry. And if they ask I will say that we are planning on having a little archery competition before dinner. They shouldn't ask though. I'll take care of that. Which reminds me, I need to go and pack my sword." Aregwyn mused outloud to her sister then quickly went round the bed to pick her sword up from where it was propped up, beside the wall. She sheathed it in the matching scabbard and also picked up the elven bow she had been given my her parents when she was 15. It was of the Mirkwood type, very strong and capable of firing arrows over very long distances. It was light in colour and carefully handpainted were elvish patterns that entwined along the length of the bow. It was expertly made but Aregwyn had never had to use it to cut down a foe, never. And she hoped she wouldn't need it for that purpose either, but if worse came to worse then...
Aregwyn stood back up and rummaged around suddenly. "We'll need to find some clothes. In order to disguise ourselves as simple townsfolk so we don't arise suspicion. But I'll take care of that, somehow. Listen Thara I have to go and decide where to put this letter and I need to take this book back to the library. I will see you at sunset. Is that okay?" Aregwyn asked, tucking the sword in the scabbard, the bow and the pack of belongings under her bed.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2005 09:29
"Ok, I'll check on Gilinath and Advad. See you!" said Thara and walked out of the room.

She went to Gilinath's room, first, and knocked on the door.

"Gilinath, it's ok, it's me, Thara!" she whispered, to make sure he was going to open the door.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2005 05:26
"Thara!" Gilinath exclaimed as he raced to the door and unbolted the lock. He opened the door and let her in."Hello, so, are we leaving soon?"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email