Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A love story (free, please join)
on: October 18, 2005 08:02
At first, Thara was thrilled about the race between her sister and Gilinath. After all, it was important for them to get along, if she was going to be with Gilinath. They were the closest persons in her life.

But Gilinath's horse was picking speed every second. Thara thought about telling him to slow down, but was afraid Gilinath would consider her a wimp.

Soon her hands were sweaty because she griped Gilinath with all her might. She felt them slip from his waist. And, before she knew it, she fell of the horse and hit the ground with a loud "bang". After that, she knew no more.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2005 02:01
Gilinath felt Thara slipping from his waist but, he couldn't react in time to stop her fall. He had managed to slow the horse sliughtly before she fell. After she fell he slowed the horse and jumped off, knowing the horse would follow him. He ran back to Thara. When he got to her she was unconcious. Gilinath picked her up and put her on his horse and he sat so that way he could keep her from falling. He knew that Argwyen did not know that Thara had fallen, Just as Gilinath had slowed, Argwyen had past him. Gilinath knew that Argwyen would stop a little ways up and then, as soon as Gilinath got there, Argwyen would know what to do. Gilinath came upm to Argwyen."Thara fell. I wasn't able to stopp in time to minimize impact and I couldn't grab her or we would both have fallen and, then you wouldn't have known and she might have died. I did manage to slow the horse however, and I don't think she is bleeding..." Gilinath waited, only now noticing they had totally Dusted Avad and Thara's horse.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 31, 2005 07:07
Aregwyn overtook Thara and Gilinath and then realised that something was wrong. She pulled on Nessa's reins to slow her down and she galloped back to where Gil was now jumping down from his horse. She noticed Thara was sprawled on the ground a little way away, unmoving. She gasped and quickly bounded down from her horse and ran to her sister.
"Thara fell. I wasn't able to stopp in time to minimize impact and I couldn't grab her or we would both have fallen and, then you wouldn't have known and she might have died. I did manage to slow the horse however, and I don't think she is bleeding..." As Gilinath explained she quickly checked her sister for any injuries. "Thara? Can you hear me, please Thara?" She said, softly, brushing the girl's face lightly. "Come on, wake up Thara..." She said, pleadingly. She looked up at Gilinath and Avdad and then turned back to Thara's wounds. "She doesn't seem to be hurt, no bleeding at least." She said, lifting her hair back, "But there is a nasty bruise on her forehead and on her ribs. She might wake up feeling a bit concussed...but she should be allright." She confirmed, nodding firmly to Advad and Gil.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 06:59
(OoC: I don't know what happened after Aregwyn made sure Thara wasn't badly hurt, so I'll just imagine Aregwyn took her on her horse and rode on. Hope that's ok with you. If you have any complaints about the story, or about anything, please tell me )

Thara opened her eyes slowly. She felt the world moving around her, but when she took a better look, she noticed she was riding a horse and someone was holding her pretty tight. She didn't turn to face that person, because her head felt like it had been ran over by a 100 horses. And her ribs felt almost the same, only they hurt less. She remembered riding on Gilinath's horse. He was racing with Aregwyn...and then...Thara felt a sharp pain in her head, as a reminder to what happened, but she couldn't tell what that was.

"What happened?" she whispered in a low voice, because her state didn't allow her to talk too much or too loud.

She waited for the answer, trying to overcome the headache.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2005 01:00
Gilinath heard Thara whisper "what happened" as she rode on with Argwyen."I think she was woken." Gilinaht said.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2005 10:52
(OoC: Guys, if the story isn't working out tell me. This is going very slow. I know I haven't written regularly, but I'm trying my best. Arwen_the evenstar, we need you to continue the story. If you want to drop it, tell me.)
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 09, 2005 08:34
((Oh my, I am soooo sorry guys!! I know I haven't updated for a while and I apologise. I do not want to quit this rpg at all, I really like it! ))

Aregwyn nudged her horse to go faster, they needed to get to Lothlorien as quick as possible. "What happened" She heard a voice whisper weakly. She looked down at her sister and smiled, "You fell, Thara, from the horse. It'll be allright, but we need to get to Lorien as soon as possible. You do not have major injuries but it looks like a slight bruise on your head and it could be minor concussion. You were lucky, Thara." She said, gripping the reins around her younger sister tightly. She checked to see that the others were riding along with her, and had not been left behind. "We must ride as swift as possible. If we carry on at this pace we will be in Lorien by tomorrow night." She explained, softly as her horse churned up the earth with its hoofs. ((That timescale allright with everyone?))
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2005 07:22
(OoC: No problem, arwen! I'm glad you didn't drop us! And I think the timescale is alright.)

Thara's head hurt really bad. She heard her sister say something about her falling from a horse, getting to Lorien as soon as possible and a minor concussion. She couldn't think very clear, so it took her a few seconds before realising what all that meant. So she fell. "How can I be that stupid?" she said to herself, thinking about what will Gilinath say about this accident. But it wasn't long before she couldn't think at all and everything around her went black.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2005 09:35
The next time she woke up, she found that they weren't riding anymore. She was placed on the ground, with a blanket covering her and some kind of cloth as a pillow. The others stood around a camp-fire talking.

Thara noticed her head wasn't hurting as bad, but she still didn't risk moving. Her sister told her that they must get to Lothlorien, which meant she mut have had a serious thing (or that's what she thought).

"So, where are we?" she said in a usual tone, looking around their small camp.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2005 09:58
Gilinath had sat talking with Argwyen. The stop had been unscheduled. They should have kept riding but, they did need to rest, and of course the ride had to be terror on Thara. Gilinath was distracted from the conversation because he couldn't help but think it was his fault. After all had Thara not fallen from his horse? Had he not been responcable for her safty? was he not to feel responcible?
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 15, 2005 11:45
Aregwyn looked at her sister as she answered quietly, "Not more than a day's ride from Lorien. We best hope that the elves there recognise us and let us pass quickly..." She said, dropping the wood she had gathered in her arms into the fire where it crackled merrily as she stoked the fire. She went over to where Gil was sitting and sat down beside him. He looked up and she read his expression immediately and saw regret and blame in his eyes. She placed a hand on his shoulder and he looked at her, "No one blames you Gilinath. It was an accident..." She said, nodding and smiling slightly at him.

Then she smiled slightly once more and stood up and went over to her younger sister, "How are you now? Does your head feel a little better?" She asked, the sisterly-concern now kicking in.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2005 09:08
"Well, a little better. I can stay awake now. And my head doesn't even hurt. Do you think that maybe it's not that serious? Can I get up?" she asked, hoping she would be allowed to spend the rest of the night with them. After all, it was just a fall. And after all, she had already spent a bunch of hours without Gilinath by her side. She looked into her sister's eyes, pleading her to let her stay with them.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2005 02:51
Gilinath realized that Argwyen was right and when he realized this, he walked over to where Thara and Argwyen were talking."Hey girllie how you feelin'?" He asked her, not having heard her responce like a second before.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2005 04:05
"I'm fine!" said Thara, a broad grin spreading across her face at the sight of Gilinath. "Some ride that was..." she added, blushing because she hadn't been able to hang on. "I was just asking Aregwyn if I can join you, my head doesn't even hurt! What do you think?" she asked Gilinath, hoping for support.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2005 09:20
Gilinath looked at Argwyen."I think that that would be okay but, it's up to your sister because she would know better than me wouldn't she?"
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2005 08:04
OoC: Hi, guys! I guess this is my last post this year! I just wrote to wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope you will keep up a great work in 2006 also!
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2005 05:28
(( Happy New year! Since no one else posted that's all I have to say))
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 01, 2006 09:17
"Well, a little better. I can stay awake now. And my head doesn't even hurt. Do you think that maybe it's not that serious? Can I get up?"

Aregwyn nodded, "Of course. I was just a bit worried back there, I guess it seemed worst than it actually was." She said with a small shrug and then she turned to Gilinath as he looked at her and said, "I think that that would be okay but, it's up to your sister because she would know better than me wouldn't she?" She smiled, "Since when has Thara listened to my advice?" She joked and then laughed slightly but her face clouded over with seriousness again, "No seriously though. I am sure you will be fine now. Well one good thing that came out of the accident..." She paused and looked at them, "Now we are less than a day's ride to Lothlorien. I am sure great grandmother will welcome us with open arms!"

(( :disco: Happy New Year everyone! :disco: Hope you had a good one! :disco: ))
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2006 03:43
"If your a a whole glass half full type. Don't do that again...you had me worried!"Gilinath smiled but it was a serious smile.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2006 04:18
Thara got up as fast as she could.

"Don't worry, I won't do it. And don't tell great-grandmother." she said turning to face Aregwyn. "She will be worried sick, and probably place me in bed immediately! That would be no fun."

She went by the fire, followed by her sister and Gilinath. All she could think about was the elf. How could she tell him that she loved him? What if he didn't feel the same way? This was a matter to discuss with Aregwyn, but later, in Lothlorien, when Gilinath wasn't around.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2006 12:41
((i think we seriously lost Avad!?))
Gilinath walked over by the fire and sat next to Thara. Staring into the flames Gilinath thought about how he would have felt if the accident had caused Thara's death. Stealing a sideways glance at her he thought, 'I could not live if it were my fault that she had died.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 05, 2006 06:11
((Yeah I think so, Stridlas. It's a shame cos he was a good character. Oh wel...))

Aregwyn walked back over to the fire and sat down and was soon joined by Thara and then Gilinath. She looked at the dancing flames, flickering merrily in the cold air and then she looked up and saw Gil give her sister a sideways glance. She recognised that look. She smiled as she thought of it and looked at Thara. Yes she saw the same. Perhaps my sister loves Gilinath? She thought and then sighed softly, putting her head in her hands. She'd had that once...love. And then it was torn away from her... Looking back up at Gil and Thara she sighed and stood up, moving away from the camp fire. She sensed they wanted to talk alone.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2006 06:25
(OoC: I think the same. Should we find another character or contact Advad? Or just carry on?)

Thara was startled when her sister left. She was just thinking of speaking to Gilinath in private. Could her sister read minds? She decided to think about that later, because now was her chance of talking to him.

"So..." she said, trying to sound as usual, although her voice was trembeling a little. "It was a nice ride...that is, before I fell like an idiot!" she added smiling guiltly at Gilinath.

A little voice in her mind started screaming to her: "That is your private conversation?! Instead of telling him what you feel, you will talk about your accident! You are such a big idiot!"

Thara blushed, but decided not to pay attention to that. She knew that she couldn't just tell Gilinath openly that she was in love with him.

[Edited on 8/1/2006 by laharah]
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2006 02:58
((i think we should just move on and say we lost him dring the races but, that leaves Thara without a horse because if memory serves, Avad had Thara's with him... Oh and the voices thing, he's not crazy, they are normal ones like the one if your argueing with yourself.))
"Your not an idiot." He said. The voices in his head screamed 'she may not be but you are! Tell her already.' but he tended to ignore them. He was a little shy when it came to his feelings but if only Thara could read the look in his eyes, then she would know."I did try and prevent too much damage from happening but I couldn't slow down fast enough." Now the voices told him, 'Smoooooooth, real smooth.' he tuned them out though.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 18, 2006 11:10
((Just to let you know that I am still here though I cannot think of what else to post... just note that Aregwyn went saying she had to get more wood for the campfire or something so she could give them a moment to talk. She's on the edge of the camp so she wouldn't be able to here them... ))
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2006 07:49
(OoC: I think your option is the best, Stridlas. Let's say a little later in the story that we lost Advad during the race. That would leave Thara with no horse, but they'll arrive in Lothlorien soon enough. Galadriel will probably spare a horse for Thara. Don't you think? )

"It wasn't your fault! It was a race, you had to go as fast as you could." she said smiling to him.

Then, there was silence. It was that kind of silence when people had something important to say to each other, but they just didn't know how. It was a very embarrassing silence, and Thara couldn't look in Gilinath's eyes. Inside her, the voice was screaming louder than ever: "Say something! Now it's your chance, take it."

The girl decided she couldn't bear the silence anymore.

"Gilinath, listen, you...and me...well, we're very close...and I was thinking...I mean, I am feeling something very special for you..." she said, but couldn't carry on and tell him that she loved him. She hoped he got the message and agreed with her feelings.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2006 08:11
"Gilinath, listen, you...and me...well, we're very close...and I was thinking...I mean, I am feeling something very special for you..." she said, but couldn't carry on and tell him that she loved him. She hoped he got the message and agreed with her feelings.
Gilinath looked at Thara, "Thara I.." he puased. 'go on you nincompoop,' the voice said. "I believe I love you." There he said it. he told her how she felt.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2006 10:37
(OoC: I think Aregwyn can come back now, if she wants to.)

Thara looked at him bewildered. She couldn't believe what she just heard. Gilinath loved her. It took her a few seconds before realising what that meant.

Then, all of a sudden, she started laughing. She couldn't remember being so happy ever.

"Gilinath, I love you too. It was so hard to say it, I was afraid you would laugh."
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2006 09:37
Gilinath smiled. Thara's laughing was at first startling but now he knew that it was because she was happy. He didn't know why he hadn't thought that in the first place. His smile showed his extarordinarily shiny teeth. He leaned toward Thara. "Would you mind If I kissed you?" he whispered
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 22, 2006 11:40
Aregwyn came out from the forest, some more firewood in her arms. Then she heard her sister's laugh and smiled. She could not hear their conversation and wanted to give them some time to talk to each other so she went over to her horse, Nessa.

"Hannon le mellon nin." She muttered, patting the horse appreciatively and she gave her an apple from her pack. "Thank you for bringing me this far. Good girl..." She said, brushing her hand along it's mane.

((Not quite yet Iaharah... perhaps she could come back properly when they are kissing and kinda accidentaly walk in on that and they were like embarassed and everything? Just an idea... ))

laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2006 05:52
(OoC: Great idea, arwen! Not to pleasant for Thara and Gilinath, but they'll get through. )

Thara's heart went crazy, hearing what Gilinath just said. "Would you mind if I kissed you?"

"What kind of question is that?" said Thara smiling a little. She leaned forward towards Gilinath, closing her eyes, waiting for what was promising to be the most magical moment of her life.

[Edited on 24/1/2006 by laharah]
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2006 07:11
Gilinath didn't answer. He kissed her. A passonite kiss.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 27, 2006 06:39
Aregwyn walked back over to their camp, her head bent slightly and she looked up suddenly... only to find Thara and Gil in a passionate kiss. Her eyes widened and her eyebrows raised slightly, her sisterly instinct began to take over then. She coughed slightly, alerting them to her presence and looked down at them. "Uh- am I interrupting something?" She asked, looking at Gil and then to her sister. She knew the answer already and looked at Thara, waiting for an answer.

((I think we should get going to Lothlorien, but what shall we do about Advad?))
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2006 09:39
(OoC: Well, when Gil, Aregwyn and Thara leave, they will just say that Advad has lost his way, and that they couldn't wait for him. And Thara will have to ride with either Aregwyn, or Gilinath. Is it alright?)

Thara almost jumped hearing her sister's voice. This was the most embarassing moment in her life.

"No, no, you're not interrupting anything." she said, stepping on Gilinath's foot so that he would say the same. She couldn't help blushing because her sister caught her kissing Gil. After all, she was very young, and this was the first time she kissed a boy. She didn't know if Aregwyn was mad, or just surprised. She looked guiltly at her sister, waiting for her punishment.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 27, 2006 10:53
Aregwyn raised an eyebrow and looked down at Thara. She saw her younger sister's eyes shining and she saw a blush creep onto her cheeks. She recognise that look... she'd worn much a similar one the first time her father had caught her kissing a boy. She paused for a moment and then smiled. "What did you think I was going to do? Run Gil through with my sword?" She laughed with a kind smile at Thara. "Only our brother does that..." She said, jokingly and then smiled, though inside she was sighing sadly.

((Yeah let's do that, Iaharah...I have a question- do you think someone else could come into the rpg, that is closer to Aregwyn's age so she would have someone to ya know talk to and stuff? Just a thought because now we've 'lost' Advad and Thara and Gil seem to be 'together', Aregwyn might just feel a bit like a spare part. You know what I mean? ))
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email