Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A love story (free, please join)
on: July 28, 2005 01:10
"Yeah! We met at sunset in the garden. Aregwyn is going to find us some normal clothes...you know, the ones townsfolk use. That way we can slip easily out of town. See you!" she said and disappeared to find Advad.

When she got to his room, she knocked and whispered: "Hi! It's Thara, open up!" and wated to tell the news to him as well.

She started wondering a bit if her sister was already getting her bow out of the weaponry. She had to admit that, even if she used it only to practice, the bow was a most useful weapon in case of an attack. Although this was unlikely to happen, because her dad had made sure no evil creature survived, it was a good idea to be prepared.

[Edited on 5/8/2005 by laharah]
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 28, 2005 06:13
OOC: I still have writer's block so I have tried my best with this!

Aregwyn quietly slipped out of her room, having hid the bag of belongings and then made her way silently down to the library. She pushed open the door and was surprised to find someone there reading. It was her mother and she was curled up on the chair beside the fire. She looked up when she saw her daughter enter, "Aregwyn! Where've you been all day?" Aregwyn froze in midstep, "Well ummm I was just wandering around really, nothing interesting." She said, walking over to the shelves and placing the book back there. Then she quickly smiled at her elven mother, opened the door and left the library.

In the corridor she quickly strolled towards the weaponry store. She decided that she'd pretend to be going to pratice in the training ground nearby the Citadel. She slowly pushed open the huge wooden door and scanned the room. "Ahh!" She exclaimed as she spotted her sister's bow. She swiftly picked it up, hid it under her cloak and left the room in a hurry, hoping that no one had seen her. Unfortunately someone had but she was in such a hurry that she didn't notice the servant lurking in the corner of the room...

Then Aregwyn walked guiltily down the corridor. Many servants passed her by as she rushed by and this arose suspicion from them. But she didn't notice this as she made her way to the laundry room. She walked down the stone steps and pressed her ear to the door. This is going to be difficult she realised as she heard the clatter of many people inside. She really didn't know how she was going to pull it off but then she had a brainwave and knocked on the door. A young woman pulled the door open, "Oh, m' lady Aregwyn... is there something I can help you with?" She said smiling nervously. Aregwyn smiled sweetly and replied, "Yes I was wondering whether you could possibly find my riding cloak. I seem to have misplaced it, I wondered whether it was down here?" The woman looked at her puzzled. "I don't think so Princess Aregwyn, but don't worry I will look..." She offered and moved into the room to search for it. Aregwyn followed her in and looked around the room carefully. Sure enough there were a lot of clothes ready to be washed but among them she spotted some servants outfits. Those we be the best she could find so quickly while the woman's back was turned she slipped the bundle of clothes under her cloak and folded her arms to hide the bump. The servant woman turned back looking rather puzzled and said to Aregwyn, "I am sorry miss I can't seem to find it amongst your washing pile!" Argwyn faked a look of sadness, "Oh no. I must have left it somewhere else. I am sorry to have disturbed you from your job. I'll go now. Thank you anyway..." She said quickly moving to the door. As she opened it she heard the woman say, "Now where did I put those servant's uniforms?" Aregwyn quickly rushed out of the door and up the stairs, smiling.

When she got to her room she relaxed and placed the bow and quiver and the bundle of clothes down on her bed. She shook out the clothes and held them up. Yes they would be the right size for them. She had hoped to find some clothes that would make them look like townsfolk but these were the best she had so they would have to make them do. But she remembered that she still had to place the letter somewhere for someone to find later, once they were quite far away from the city. "Hmmm..." She thought out loud, "I suppose I could put it on the pillow. When we don't turn up to dinner tonight then mother and father will be worried afterwards and come to see where I am." So she placed the letter under her pillow with it slightly sticking out so as to be seen. Then she tucked everything into a bag and decided to go outside for a bit of a walk before they left. When she shut the door behind she didn't notice a person around the corner, whom had been in the armoury earlier, was watching her carefully....
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2005 06:51
After hearing what Thara had to say, Gilinath was excited. Gilinath looked out the window and saw it was almost sunset. He picked up his cloak and placed it over his shoulders, then he clipped it. he put his hood on his head, to hide his face. He Belted his sword and hung his bow over his shoulder, both were hidden under his cloak. he placed his throwing Daggers in their place in his boots. Also, he remembered that he had his two knives in his soles of his shoes. He slung his bag over his shoulder and remembered he didn't have any arrows left. 'A lot of use a bow will be without any arrows' he thought to himself. He pulled his hood off his head, looked out his door and thought that no one would see him leave his room. He placed his hood back upon his head, closed the door to his room and took of silently down the hall toward the garden. By the time he reached the garden, the sun would surly be almost below the horizon. Sure enough, as he left the door, the sun was barely visible off in the distance. He awaited the arrival of his fated companions and knew that they would soon be on their way.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 10:29
(OoC: Sorry for not posting for a long time, I was a little busy!)

When she saw that Advad didn't answer, she thought that he probably heard her but was busy.

She decided to check on Aregwyn, see if she managed with the bow and clothes.

When she came near her sister's room, she saw her leaving. But there was also another person, a man by the looks of it, which was lurking behind a corner.

"Hey, who're you and what are you doing there?" she asked aloud, making both her sister and that man turn round towards her.

[Edited on 5/8/2005 by laharah]
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 05, 2005 03:39
OOC: Sorry it's not too good. I am gonna be away for a while now. Just look at my signature for more info.

Aregwyn jumped when her sister alerted her to the presence of the man, "Who are you?" She asked him as he stepped out from the shadows. A Citadel guard by the looks of it Aregwyn thought. She turned back to the man who was now bowing to her. "Get up." She said kindly, "Now what exactly were you doing sneaking outside my room?" She asked, an eyebrow raised. The man lifted his head up and then answered, "Forgive me Princess Aregwyn I was just....I was just....well I was just....umm...." She glared at him, "What?!" She asked loudly but he was stuttering. "I am sorry if I caused offence or discomfort, m' lady. But I saw you in the armoury earlier and I just...wondered what......" Aregwyn froze, he'd saw her take her sister's bow and arrows earlier. "Well to be quiet honest with you I do not think that is your concern, however I was simply getting them for my sister who was wishing to practice with me at the training ground later, for your information." She snapped slightly and the man frowned, "Well once again m' lady I am sorry for being rude...forgive me..." He said bowing low and then hurrying off to attend to his job. Aregwyn watched him disappear around the corner and then beckoned to her sister to follow her into her room.

Once she ushered Thara into the room she shut the door quietly, "That was close, Thara. Too close. I've got some clothes here for me and you. I am afraid the best I could do was outfits which the servants wear." She explained holding up the outfit. It was thick cotton dress with the elblem of Gondor stitched onto the apron which matched. (OOC: Sorry i am not very good at describing clothes!) "This is all I could find, I'm afraid." She said, smiling apologetically and handing an outfit to her sister, "We'll need to get changed into them, because we need to go soon, before dinner is served." She said, smiling.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2005 10:28
Thara looked at the clothes smiling a little. She took them and decided to change in her room, because she would have arouse suspicions if she crossed the palace dressed in them.

"Thanks, Aregwyn!" she said as she got the bow and hurried to her room, before anyone else saw her.

She quickly changed her clothes, putting the usual ones in her bag. Unfortunately, she didn't managed to get her bow inside, so she had to carry it with her. She checked once again her bag, making sure she got everything she needed. She looked around her room, with a sense of regret. In the wild, she wasn't going to have such a confortable living, that was for sure, but the idea of an adventure quickly took over her mind and she silently closed the door and rushed outside where she found Gilinath.

"Nice evening for a walk, don't you think?" she said casualy, smiling to him.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2005 09:12
Advad rushed from the Lord Legolas' chamber and in a hurried walk went to his room. Mentally he cursed the elf for making him leave his room for some unimportant matter, surely now he had missed the others.

Once enclosed in his room he changed his clothing, though still in his servent garments but they were different from what he usually wore. Calmly now, he glanced around the room and exhaled snatching his pack from under the bed and putting it over his shoulders.

Advad then grabbed his bow and quiver full of arrows and properly placed them on a side attachment on his pack. Also inside his pack lay sheltered a small, yet harshly sharp blade. He was ready.

Quietly he stalked from his room and walked down the halls as he usually did until coming to the large doors that led to the outside. The air was warm and he smiled at the bright moon. Butin the midst of this he heard a voice and crept towards it only to find Thara and Gilinath.

Quietly he set his things down in the shados and hesitantly approached.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 04:15
"Very nice. Totally apropriate except-" he cut off his word abruptly and held a finger up to silence Thara's coming words. he turned slightly to his left and saw that there was nothing to worry about. It was just Avad. he put his finger down and said, "Avad, don't try and sneak up on us, it's not... nice." he absolutly loved the outfits he was seeing as a disguise. Of course his cloak was enough to disguise him as a traveling Ranger... He still like the disguises he was seeing.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 05:48
OOC: Can I ask a question? How old is everyone because it's kind of a bit awkward (sp?) because Aregwyn is quite a few years older than them. Maybe someone could join them on their journey? Closer to Aregwyn's age I mean. I am sorry for being a bit fussy but sometime's it's just strange cos they are all younger than her. I hope you sort of understand what I mean!

BIC:

Aregwyn smiled as her sister left. They really were doing it, they really were leaving! It had only just hit her and she felt excitement bubble up inside her. But also worry... she worried what her parents would think. She hoped they would understand their choices. Then she changed into the servant's clothes, fastened her travelling cloak around her neck, grabbed her pack from underneath the bed, stowed the sword inside it, tucked her dagger into her boots and grabbed her bow and quiver from where it was standing in the corner of the room. Then she slung the pack over her back and quickly and quietly left the room, making sure no one saw her go.

Stepping outside, Aregwyn breathed in the fresh air. A whistling breeze blew around the silent courtyard and the moon waxed in the darkening sky. She spotted Thara, Avdad and Gilinath talking together and she quickly walked over to them. "Is everyone all right? Ready?" She whispered quietly, all to aware that members of the tower guard were walking about. Some of which knew her father well and would recognise her, in disguise or not. Instinctively she bowed her head lower to avoid detection...

OOC: Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Anyway where and how are they going, wherever they are going? Of course Aregwyn has a horse but would that cause too much suspicion if anyone saw them? And where are they going? I thought that we had better sort that out first, cos we can't post much more until we know!

Namarie,
~Arwen

[Edited on 29/8/2005 by arwen_the_evenstar]
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 08:58
((It would make more sense to decide where they are going before they leave. Here is Gilinath's Thoughts.))
" I think the easiest way to avoid detection is to be seen. Let me explain," He haded to the quizical glances he was getting."If those of you dressed as servents were to take horses and rush through the city and out and wait for me a little ways, just out of sight. It would look as if your masters had sent you out on urgent matters. As for me, A ranger leaving the city, not all that uncommon. As for a destination, Lothlorien seems most Logical. If we go to Rivendell, theres the matter of your grandfather," He added to Thara and Argwyen."If we go to Mirkwood, well, I've seen it all already, afterall I was born there. Rohan, well their bond to know you so unless don't go there too often in the streets of the city. I think Avoiding Eyown and Eomer should be easy enough, so I don't think there would be a problem there but, Lothlorien would be the safest way to Avoid detection until It blows over and your father and mother relize you'll go home when your ready." Gilinath awaited their thoughts.
(( I was also wondering, um, I have a character Elana, i was wondering, because she is aragorn's and arwen's Daughter If I could introduce her Later. Like she left before them but, I thought I would ask You know?))
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 10:31
(OoC: Of course you can introduce Elana. But please make her older, sort of Aregwyn's age. That way Aregwyn could have a closer companion on the way: a sister that is almost her age. What do you think? Any other opinions highly appreciated. )

Thara thought for a moment about Gilinath's idea.

"Yeah, you seem to be right. In Rohan there are a lot of people who know me and Aregwyn. Not just Eowyn and Eomer, there are also many esquires who could recognise us, because dad kept in touch with them since the War of the Ring. About Rivendell, we mustn't even get close to there! Grandfather would kill us if he found out what we were up to." she said looking at Aregwyn and smiling. "In Lothlorien there is great-grandmother, but she won't mind. She always tells us we are overprotected, and that we aren't living our lives as we should. And from there we could go to the Shire. It's been a while since we haven't seen Frodo, Sam and the others. As for leaving the city, we will leave on horses. We can't go without them. And Gilinath realy looks like a Ranger, so no problem. What do you think?" she asked Advad and Aregwyn, who hadn't spoken at all.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 07:39
((Just tell me how old Aergwyn is and Elana will be just a year younger is that okay?))
Gilinath had forgotten the shire. But, he liked what he was hearing. the best way to avoid detection was to be seen, Ha! He was being foolish, they should be seen leavingh the city anyway as the city has gaurds. Duh! Oh well, he needs to pay attention, not think of stupid things like this. He finally shook the thoughts from his brain to find himself nodding at something that Aergwyn.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 08:53
(OOC: Well in this rpg I figured Aregwyn would be like around 17 or 18. I hope that's okay. And by the way when you mentioned about going to see Elrond or Galadriel, well they left Middle Earth, as did most of the elves so Lothlorien and Rivendell would be deserted. Or are we drifting away from the book and movies on this? I assume so...Oh and also Aragorn made a rule when he was first crowned which said that no men were to enter the Shire from that moment on. Although technically they all could enter the Shire. After all Thara and Aregwyn are female and Gilinath and Advad are elves aren't they? This could technically get around the problem I suppose. Unless you want to stray away from the book there as well. Let me know.)

Aregwyn sighed and then snapped back out of her daydream, "Hmmm well I do agree about grandfather, we best stay clear of him." She whispered, looking around to make sure no one was listening. They got a few glances from nearby guards but nothing more so she continued, "Perhaps Lothlorien is the best way to go. It's the borders what are the problem. We'll look like a strange mixture of people to be travelling in a group but I suppose some of the more important guards will know us by sight. If not by name, at least." She finished, tucking a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. "What about the horses though? If anyone in the stables sees us take our horses they will surely alert someone. After all for all they know we are simple servants and why would we be riding the princess' horses? We have to make sure no one sees us." She concluded, glancing around nervously again.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 11:05
(OoC: About the elves, we are straying from the story. Hope nobody minds. And about the Shire, we aren't straying. I mean, they weren't allowed, but do you think Merry, Pippin, Frodo and Sam aren't going to let them in? They surely knew Aregwyn and Thara, and maybe Gilinath and Advad, also. And there is also the technical thing which you pointed out. But another stray is that Frodo and Sam are in the Shire, while in the book they left for Valinor. Again, hope you don't mind!)

"Well, they mustn't see us till we leave from the stables. Afterwards, it will be too dark to notice what horses we are riding. And by the time they see that our horses are missing, Mom and Dad would've surely found out about our departure, so no big deal. At night, there is only one stableboy guarding the horses. Either he is asleep, or Gilinath can distract him. " she said looking at Gilinath. "You are the last one to leave, as you said, and with your hood up, nobody will recognise you. Just keep him distracted till we take our horses, and then we'll met you near the castle wall, outside. Ok?" she finished in a commanding voice. Knowing that leaving was her idea, she felt she was in charge of making sure nothing went wrong. And she was proud of it.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 01:29
((okay, so that would make Elana 16 or 17. no big deal considering, she is ussually played at about that age anyway...))
Gilinath smiled. Thara had a point and of course, he loved the idea."Very good Idea. I think it could work."
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2005 06:30
Thara looked at her friends and sister.

"Very well, then. Are you ready to go?" she said, not managing to keep the excitement out of her voice.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 05:52
Aregwyn looked at her sister and nodded firmly, "Yeah...lets go." She said, a look of determination on her face as she looked at Gilinath and Advad to see what they thought. As she waited she realised, this was it. They were finally off. They really were going away. It was really happening. Aregwyn was amazed at the fact that it was actually organised and happening in such a short space of time. In an hour or so's time, they would be out riding across thre vast plains and their parents would be wondering where their two daughters had got to. They would walk into Aregwyn's room to look for her and find the letter. But by then Aregwyn, Thara, Gilinath and Advad would be far away from Minas Tirith and the King and Queen would have to try and respect their decision...
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 09:04
Thara looked at everything than came in her view: houses, statues, the sky, like she had never seen them in her life. But it was true, she had never seen them with the eyes of a free person. who could do everything she wanted.

Shortly they arrived at the stables. Fortuantely, as Thara said, there was one stableboy standing in front of the entrance.

"Well, Gilinath, this is were you come in! Good luck!" she said, gazing still at the stables.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 12:12
Gilinath smiled.He moved away from the group with out a sound. As he approached the guard he noticed the gaurd was asleep."Asleep on the job I see." It was a whsiper but the guard woke with a start."Who are you?" he asked."None of your business. I was wondering, if you were thirsty." Gilinath pulled a goblet and a flask from his pocket. "Well, yeah sort of." Good, gilinath thought. "Here, some spirits." Gilinath poured a goblet of the draughted water and handed it to the guard."It tastes a little..." He never finsihed his sentence. He fell into gilinath and gilinath sat him down. He looked around then he motioned for them to come.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 17, 2005 07:42
Aregwyn crept out from the shadows where she had been standing, "Are you sure he will be allright?" She asked, nervously but after a reassuring nod from Gilinath she slowly walked into the stables and began to stride over to where her chestnut stallion was kept.

Nessa neighed softly as the door to her stall was slowly opened. She gazed at the person who entered and noticed they were wearing simple clothes of a servant. The horse was about to back off when the person put their hand on the horse's mane and Nessa recognised her owner's comforting touch. A small shaft of light shone down on her, illuminating her chestnut colour and casting a dark shadow upon the floor covered in hay. She stood still as her owner fitted her saddle and lead her out of the stall and into the stables.

Aregwyn quickly lead Nessa out of her section in the stables and into the main area of the building. She watched as Thara went over to her horse and she realised that Advad and Gilinath must be doing so too. With a quick glance outside she spotted a guard looking over to the stables with a suspisious glare. "Quick!" She whispered harshly to the others and mounted the chestnut horse with grace and ease.

OOC: Are you guys still here? We haven't posted for a while.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2005 10:09
Gilinath had stood gaurd outside the stables while the others retreived their horses. Once they were on their way out of the palace, he went back to the stables to retrive his own horse. When he arrived he noticed the stable boy had been tipped out of his chair and was now snoozing on the ground. Gilinath took a goblet of water out and splashed the guy in the face. Since it hadn't been very strong the effects had already started to wear off and he awakened."Asleep on the job? Do you know who has been in here. If my horse is no longer here, heads are going to roll, starting with yours. Go find out if anyone is inside." The cowering stableboy lead the way inside. Gilinath pulled a conselde knife from his sleeve and prepared to grab the stable boy as a hostage if need be. "You little, someone has stolen the royal horses, and one of the elven horses that Legolas had brought." While the gaurd and the stable boy argued, they did not notice that gilinath had slipped into a stall and was now leaveing with his horse. As he left the stable he heard more shouts as the gaurd found out what he had done. He picked his way through the silent streets and met up with the others just outside the city gates."Stableboys, you can always count on them to fall asleep on the job." Gilinath gave a wry smile and motioned for Thara to lead the way."Unless you don't want to lead the way on your adventure?" Gilinath offered.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2005 09:37
(OoC: Sorry for not writing in a while, guys. Been a bit busy, with highschool and all.)

Thara smiled back to Gilinath.

"Of course I want to lead the way." she said putting her hand on her horse, named Steadwick. She then whispered to him, in a low voice so that the others won't hear her: "Well boy, I haven't got a clue where Lorien is, never liked geography. Hope you know, 'cuz else it means we need another leader."

The horse nodded, as if understanding what his mistress said. Thara raised herself in her sit and smiled to the others.

"Well, what are we waiting for, to Lorien!". Her horse broke into a gallop, taking her far from the others before their horses followed.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2005 10:21
((I ben busy and I was able to write and yes with school...))
Gilinath smiled.Gilinath and his horse were the first to catch up with Thara and her horse."If you don't know the way we might get ost. If your horse leads you then we may get lost. Would you mind if we got lost, Cuz I wouldn't." Gilinath smiled at her.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2005 10:45
Thara thought for a second. It was true, if they got lost because of her horse, then even Aregwyn wouldn't have been able to get them out.

"Alright..." she said, admitting defeat. "You lead the way...but I hope you know it, or else it isn't much of a difference."

Her horse, as if understanding what she said, look very offended at the girl.

"Hey, it's not my fault. I trust you Steadwick...but maybe it's safer this way." said Thara, smiling a little.

Steadwick neighed and turned his attention to Gilinath's horse, who was leading now.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 24, 2005 01:18
Aregwyn looked startled as Thara's horse suddenly sped off out of the gates and she smiled and urged Nessa into a full out canter. The horse galloped swiftly over the plains and finally she caught up with Thara only moments after Gilinath. "So, to Lorien? I think our great grandmother should be most happy to see us! At least I hope she will. Mother and father should be eating dinner right about now, and when we are not there they will search for us. Then they will find the letter." She told them, and nodded as she smiled and slowed Nessa slightly to ride alongside them.

(Sorry it isn't very long!)
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2005 08:43
Gilinath smiled. He was content to lead the way."I do know the way." Then Aregwyn caught up with them. She said something about their great grandmother probably being thrilled. He did not follow what she said. He was too busy revaling in his present company. His horse and his favorite person who happened to be the one person he loved above everyone else, Thara.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2005 09:01
Thara burst into laughter.

"I'm just sorry I can't see their faces!" she said to her sister, but kept glancing at Gilinath.

Strangely enough, she felt the urge to impress Gilinath. She was sure that if Gilinath didn't consider her to be the greatest person ever, her life would end. That was weird, knowing that she never was a show-off. And that made her feel even more uncomfortable. She started thinking if the idea of this hole trip wasn't related to her feelings towards Gilinath. But she remembered that Gilinath was thrilled about it, so she couldn't help smiling all of a sudden at the elf, not caring if the others see her.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 03, 2005 12:02
OOC: I hope you don't mind me mentioning Elana. See if we are going to bring her in at some point in this thread then I thought mentioning her in a flashback would be good.

BIC:
Thara burst into laughter."I'm just sorry I can't see their faces!" Aregwyn nodded and laughed to but it soon ceased when she had the image of her parents finding the letter. Maybe they would be upset, maybe they would be angry, maybe they would be disappointed? But she knew that disappointment was far worst than anger. Once when she was younger she had accidently hurt her sister,Elana, by accident of course. They were playing in the training grounds but she'd nearly been hit by a stray arrow. Elana had forgiven her sister completely but Aregwyn had still expected her parents to be angry, even though she explained it was an accident. "We are not angry with you, my daughter, we are just...disappointed." Her father had said and the look on his face had made the young princess so ashamed. She still remembered that day and the look on her father's face.

She sighed as she rode on, alongside Thara and Gilinath and then she looked down at them and saw Thara glancing over at Gilinath and then hastily looking away. She saw her younger sister smile at the elf and Aregwyn sat back with a look of understanding and smugness. 'So Thara likes Gilinath?' She thought to herself, her big sister instincts telling her this was true. Then Thara looked at her and she smiled slyly and urged her horse on even faster over the plains...
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2005 02:06
Gilinath noticed, as he was watching Thara out of the corner of his eyes the whole time the quick glances and the smile she afforded him. Just as Thara looked at her sister, he could contain himself from smiling no longer. A big grin just spread itself on his face. As Argwyen rode forwad more he turned to Thara and said, "I'm sure she knows her way." This time he smield at her and, still smiling he looked to make sure he was going the right way. he urged his horse to walk closer to hers."I have an idea." They stopped the horses and waited for lagard Avad to show up." Her take Thara's horse and go catch up with Argwyen." Gilinath then helped Thara onto his own steed."This is where the fun starts." He urged his horse into a sharp left. The speed on this way for 6 miles. "Now, how long do you think before we catch up with Argwyen and Avavd?" He flashed her a big shiny Toothy grin.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2005 10:39
(OoC: There's no problem about mentioning Elana. She will be part of the story soon enough. And, Stridlas, I don't know if I estimated correctly the time for catching up with Advad and Aregwyn. If it is wrong, tell me so I can modify. )

Thara was at first a bit frightened when Gilinath turned his horse and started going the wrong way. But the moment he spoke to her about catching up with Advad and her sister, she smiled slyly.

"I don't know...if it was my horse, not more than half an hour. But with your horse, I'm not sure!"

She, on one hand, wanted to spend as much time alone with Gilinath as possible, and on the other hand wanted to have fun and just ride as fast as the horse could run. The thought that Aregwyn knew her feelings towards Gilinath made her blush, but decided not to let Gilinath see her face all red.

"Listen, why hurry? We have a lot of time, and Aregwyn trusts you, so she won't worry about us." she added with a soft voice, being a little afraid of the elf's answer.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2005 04:21
"She may trust me, but should she?" Gilinath gave a good-hearted malicious grin. He was sitting turned around on the horse now so he could face her and talk to her. From where he was he couldn't help but see the beautiful woman in front of him and wanting to kiss her. It took most of his effort to restrain himself for he was unsure if it was the proper thing to do. But, then again, who would know...
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2005 07:10
Thara felt the same thing as Gilinath, when he faced her. She felt the urge to confess her feelings, but something restrained her. What if Gilinath would just laugh at her? What if he didn't like her? She prefered to be unsure of his feelings, than to find out it was impossible to be with him.

"Fine, let's find Aregwyn and Advad. That is if your horse can catch up with them." she added with a big grin spread across her face.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2005 01:00
Gilinath turned to face front. "Watch me. Hang on!" He urged his horse forward. The horse quickly ganed speed. He felt Thara tighten her gripp around his waist. He urged the horse on faster and faster. They soon would catch up to Avad and Argwyen. When they caught up Gilinath flew by infront of them and off in the other direction. When he slowed his horse he turned and said,"Oops, I guess I over shot them."
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 10, 2005 05:54
Aregwyn watched as Thara jumped onto Gilinath's horse and sped off in the other direction. She went to call out for them to come back. It was sisterly instinct but she felt she could trust Gilinath... so she kicked her horse gently and leaned down, closer to the horse's head so that Nessa wasn't slowed down by drag. The wind whipped past her, and her hair flew freely out behind her, tumbling up and down in the wind. She glanced back to make sure Advad was following and when she saw him a few metres away she turned back to face the direction she was going and glanced forward with determination on her face...

Suddenly something shot past her at a great speed. She slowed down slightly, puzzled and then saw Gilinath and Thara perched upon his horse and smiling to each other. She saw him say something to her younger sister and then she giggled slightly. Aregwyn met Gilinath's eyes, as if scanning him to make sure her sister would be safe with him and then she shrugged, doubt still clouding her mind, and caught up with them. "Is this a race? Are you challenging me?" She asked, suggestively. "Cos I got to say, Nessa is pretty fast!"
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 12:39
"Let's race her." Gilinath said to Thara so only she could hear after they heard Argwyen's accusations. When she nodded, Gilinath walked his horse next to Argwyen's."So what If I am, slowpoke?" Then Gilinath said, "Three...Two... One... GO!" then the shot off into the distance. Gilinath thusly slightly a head. he urged his horse faster and fast but, he had a bad feeling that something wasn't right just ahead...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email