Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Hepsibah
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What am I doing here?
on: July 25, 2005 06:51
~ He had done the stupid thing and gasped when the wall had finally caved in - dust and tiny flecks of debris stuck to the back of his throat, choking him slightly. He coughed and tried to rub the dust from his eyes, completely ignoring the orcs' rambling about how it wasn't their fault that the wall had collapsed. He really couldn't care less about the wall any more - so long as the prisoners were all still in the cells, it was fine. He had slightly feared that one of them had died; the one that had helped the wall collapse. But Shaiel's words had flitered clearly through the orcs' loud waffling.

Slowly, picking his way through the rubble, he looked down at the corner where Shaiel and Marissa were, his nose wrinkled in slight disgust. His own eyes travelled to the young Elf man. He opened his mouth to speak, but another voice, rather quiet but still distinct, could be heard. Quickly, Rhasgolion turned round, his eyes darting about the cells rather nervously, as though looking for the owner of the voice, before speaking again.~
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2005 01:47
((-Ooc- I'm going away for two weeks and won't be able to post at all until I get back. Sorry.))

She buckled over, gagging as dust lodged itself in her throat. Eventually the gagging let to small bits of vomit and she stood back up, wiping her sleeve across her mouth and spitting into the rubble.

Clumsily, she stumbled around on the rubble, tripping on stones and large bits of wall. She fell twice skinning her arm and gashing her leg but eventually came to an unconcious Silver and a seemingly worried Nenndil. But as the man approached to Nenndil, she slunk away and to the other side of Silver where Shaiel was also.

Again she coughed, clearing her throat of dust then glanced angrily to Shaiel. Just you wait, her eyes read plainly. You'll get yours.
ertaurran
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2005 03:40
Seeing the look in Bre's eyes Shaiel took a few steps back closer to Rhasgolion. She looked back at Bre as if to prove that she had nothing to fear but couldn't meet her cold gaze for long. She turned back to her master waiting to see what he had to say.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2005 06:22
MArisha could hear faint noises coming from next to her, but only one she could recognise.
"Nenndy? It's dark... where am I?" She said faintly, not fully concious yet.
She had broken her left arm and hand, and she might have broken a rib, or it was extremely bruised. That was what she could feel.
"I'm hurt..." She added, and though noone could see, exept maybe for the people sitting around her, a tear ran down from her eye to her ear.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 27, 2005 03:57
Nenndil glared at the necromancer angrily for a long moment, but started when he heard Marisha. Looking at him for a little longer, as if to warn him off, he quickly knelt beside her.

"Not Nenndy; Dolthalion." He corrected her softly. "Where does it hurt?" He checked over her quickly, but averted his eyes quickly, seeing her battered clothing that he somehow hadn't acnolaged before. He turned to Bre. "Can you look after her?" He asked softly. "I studied for a while under Lord Elrond but I learnt little, and what I did learn I doubt will be of any use here." He waited for Bre's reply, anxiously.
ertaurran
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2005 12:45
"should I get some water for her, sir?" shaiel asked Rasgolion, ignoring Nenndil's request to Bre. Silver didn't look good and she still appeared very dazed, like she was still in danger of passing out again. It was obvious she needed some kind of aid and Shaiel desperately wanted to prove herself usefull and redeem herself for failing coax much information from the prisoners.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2005 06:33
"Ya know, she might very well have a concussion. She did look like she hit her head pretty hard. Also the girl's suggestion of geting water would be good." Elana said. She knew quite a bit of healing but, it was probably not a good idea to convey this. 'Still,' she thought,'it's not a good idea to let someone die for your own protection, no matter the situation.' Elana thought that it was a good idea to help anyoine she could. Elana was now near Marisha's feet.seeing if she coul do anything to help."If you want, I could tend to and fix her wounds but, I would need a few supplies." Elana tried her best to sound like she was only trying to help.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2005 10:04
"Dolthanion? But... "
"Where does it hurt?" He interupted her and she fell silent, concentrating on where the pain was most severe.

"My arm hurts, my chest hurts, my head hurts, almost everything." She shifted slightly, and moved her arm accidentally. She let out a yelp of pain.
"My arm, it's my arm, I thinks its broken." She said now fully concious, though thinking that that might not last that long.

She closed her eyes slowly, concentrating on Nenndils voice. It was the only thing familiar and she grabbed his arm with her good hand.
"You just wait." She warned him, though it was not a threat. "You'll see..."
Then someone shifted her arm slightly and she clenched her teeth, only to fall into the darkness again.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2005 01:51
"Wake her up, or at least try, you what did you say your name was?" Elana hissed at Nenndil, he could get through to Silver and he was the only one."If she falls asleep and does have a concussion, she may never wake up."
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 03, 2005 04:35
((Naneth banned me from the Internet, so I'll be getting on as much as I can when she's out or by attacking the libary (like now), but I doubt I'll be able to post on the weekend, depending on ada. Sorry!))

Nenndil glanced at Rasgolion again, warning him to stay away, and then turned back to Marisha and shook her gently. Using the Imladris form of Sindarin, and hoping that the necromancer hadn't studied that form of elvish, he spoke softly. "Don't sleep now, Silver. It'll be alright. But you mustn't sleep."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2005 05:38
[Marisha is allready asleep...]

She groaned. She heard a voice, Nenndils voice, but how hard she tried, she couldnt focus on him. Only a few words escaped her lips. "headache... Nenndy... Broken."
Suddenly she gasped loudly, making everyone around her jump. Then she was totally silent again, exept for the ragged breathing.
Hepsibah
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2005 09:22
~ Regardless of Nenndil's warning glares, Rhasgolion took a few steps closer to Marisha's lying body and looked down at her with disdain. As much as he hated his prisoners, he knew they'd be no good to him dead. Quickly, he made up his mind and turned to Shaiel, who had offered to get water.~

"Yes, fetch water. But be quick..."

~ Although the light was nowhere near strong enough to show him how ill she looked, the ragged breathing of Marisha was enough to tell him that she was greatly hurt, and possibly now very ill. Slowly, he turned to Nenndil and pointed the tip of his blade towards him, at enough distance to not hurt him. He had heard the young Elf speak in a foreign, obviously Elvish, language...perchance there was a healer amongst them? ~

"You! Heal her, this instant! If she dies, you will wish you had too."

~ As threatening as the growl in his voice sounded, he wouldn't have dared touch Nenndil in actuality. Anyone close enough to see the look in his eye could tell.~
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 01:56
Could Nenndil heal? Elana was unsure if the man would be able to heal the girl. No one seemed to be payins any attention to what she had to say except Nendil, after all, the strange Necromancer had barked at Nenndil, who didn't seem to know much about healing when, Elana had offered to do it. She wondered that if she were to stand right by the necromancer If he would even notice. 'Experiment time,' Elana thought to her self As she quietly move to stand right next to the necromancer.' Oh what I wouldn't give to be Kiara right now.' Now came the true test, Would the necromancer notice her precance at his side?
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 02:39
Nenndil held Marisha's hand. "Come on, don't do this to me. You have to stay awake, Silver, please."

He looked at the necromancer, distaste and hatred in his eyes. "I have no healing skills." He told him, flicking easily back into the common tounge, before looking to Elana.

"Please, you seemed to know." He said, pleadingly. "Can you help her?"
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 06:40
"I could help but, you'd have to help me. you seem to be the only person she'll recognize." Now Elana was kneeling next to Marisha and Nenndil. "Don't let her fall asleep, no matter what." Now Shail Returned with the water."Can I get some bandages and a splint, Please?" She asked The necromancer.
ertaurran
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 01:19
Shaiel returned with a bucket of water and a relatively clean rag as quickly as she could. She placed it on the ground next to Elana who seemed to be takeing over Silver's care then backed out of the way.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2005 02:05
Elana set to work, cleaning som of the worst wounds first. When she goet finished, she laid the cleanside of the wet rags upon the deeper gashes." In order for this arm to heal properly, I'm gonna need a splint and some bandages, now Shail If you would be so kind?"
ertaurran
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2005 11:55
Shaiel made no move to obey Elana's request. Instead she looked at Rhasgolion, she took her orders from him. She dobted a broken arm would endanger the prisoner's life, in fact it might prevent her and the others from attempting to escape again.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2005 02:36
Silver was caught in another coughing fit, and this time she could only just catch her breath.
She had to be more severe hurt than just a broken arm and a bruised rib.
She could still feel the stones sticking in the beltslashes on her back, but after she had coughed she felt another pain, a searing pain, but also strangely warm.
But she was to tired to speak of this strange sensation in her back, all she did was move her lips, only the word "Nenndy" coming out in a whisper.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2005 08:50
((-OoC- Sorry for my excessive absense, been away but I will catch up.))

BiC:

Bre stumbled backwards but quickly turned to the side for a small pace, her eyes remaining on Shaiel. Every so often she would stop and stare down at Silver before again looking about. She seemed badly hurt. Why wasn't anyone doing anything to help?!

But whirling to a side question she heard: " In order for this arm to heal properly, I'm gonna need a splint and some bandages, now Shail If you would be so kind?" It was Elana speaking to Shaiel but of course, Shaiel refused seemingly and merely looked to her master for guidance. Pathetic.

Growling underneath her breath she awkwardly marched towards the two and pointing in Silver's direction growled and yelled. "Will you help her for Eru's sake?! Unless you would like to loose her, sir, I propose you have this girl here fetch the splint and badages
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 12, 2005 09:13
Nenndil watched Marisha worriedly as she coughed. "Silver?" He asked worriedly.

"Nenndy..." Was the only response that he got. She should tired and weak, and that worried him more than anything. He didn't even bother to try and deny his name again.

"Hush, I'm here." He said, softly. "It'll be alright. Just stay with us."

Nenndil looked at Elana, his eyes wide with worry. "Are you sure it's just her ribs and arm? I don't think she should be this weak."

He dimly heard Bre trying to get Shaiel and her master to help, and mentally thanked her, but said nothing aloud. Thanks would have to wait for now, until the necromancer and his "pet" were gone. He would have to thank Elana as well.
Hepsibah
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2005 03:35
~ Rhasgolion blinked, rather taken aback by Bre's sudden outburst at him. Never had anyone spoken to him in that sense before, not unless that person happened to be higher than him. But a prisoner? A lowly young woman, basically telling him what to do? Mentally, he shook himself and gritted his teeth in irritation, advancing upon Bre with renewed anger.

Bandages? Splints? Where on Middle-earth did they think they were? Did they honestly think that such aide could be found around here? ~

"Little girl, if you dare try to tell me what to do once again, I will simply cut out your tongue. Understood? As alive as I want you, I am willing to sacrifice a few of your limbs if you are imbecilic enough to cross me."

~ With a low growl, he held around Shaiel's wrist and kept her at his side, as visual proof that he wasn't about to let her go on her own. Instead, he spun to face one of the idle Orcs nearby and ordered it to find as much provisions as possible for Marisha's arm, and some clean water...he still had flakes of debris irritating his throat.

The Orc left clumsily. Rhasgolion then turned at Nenndil and Silver, who both seemed busy tending to Marisha's wounds. The blade pointed once again in their corner and he sneered. This healing was taking far too long...something seemed a little suspicious to him now.~

"One of you can heal, I know you can. Do so, this instant..."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2005 06:06
[Marisha IS Silver
Her full name is Marisha Kate Silver]

An evil voice sounded and Marisha winced. His voice seemed like it was cutting through her head, and When Nenndil spoke, the pain seemed to soften.
Suddenly she opened her eyes and she flew forward and sat up. She looked around. It all seemed wrong.
"I am going to die." She said quietly to Nenndil, when realization struck. "I've been sick, and this makes it all worse... Am I going to die?"
She sank back into the slumber and into Nenndils arms again.
"I loved you, you know." She said to him in one breath, which seemed to be the last one she was breathing. Her chest went up one more time, then she lay still.

[Edited on 20/07/2004 by Sigilien]
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2005 08:44
Bre stiffened at Rhasgolion's threat but kept her stance with a stern pasted face. Slow and hesitant now, she shook her head and opened her mouth again to speak but no words escaped.

Her hands curled into rough fists but again she did nothing but turn again and dodge through the maze of moving and rambuncious orcs over to Nenndil and Silver.

Quickly she stopped, leaving a few paces between her and the scene laid before the others. Nibbling on her lip, she cast down her gaze and sighed.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 18, 2005 11:15
((Sorry, a lot of crazy stuff's been happening recently. But I'm off to wales for a week, so I won't be able to respond, and I'm pretty exausted now, but I figured I'd better try...))

Nenndil turned around to glare at the necromancer again. "Can't you see that we are doing the best we can?" He snapped angrily. The distraction that he was causing was not helping Marisha, and if it wasn't for him they wouldn't even be here anyway! "Maybe if you gave us time and space we could do better." He said, bitterly.

Nenndil started when Marisha suddenly moved, but moved to support her as best he could.

"I am going to die. I've been sick, and this makes it all worse... Am I going to die?"

"Sssh... No, of course not." Nenndil reasured her gently. "You'll be fine." He glanced at Elana, trying to met her gaze, unsure himself now.

"I loved you, you know."

Nenndil froze suddenly. "Marisha?" He said, before he could stop himself. "I... don't understand..." She couldn't have loved him! He was a mess, a fool, with no family and no past! Why did she say that?
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 09:54
When the orc finally returned with the stuff to fix Marisha's arm up. she did that, trying her best to ignore the scence she had just seen.She seemed to stop breathing. Elana checked her breathing. Nothing."She's not breathing."
ertaurran
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 05:10
[/i]"she's not breathing"[i]
Shaiel took in a sharp breath. Rhasgolion's grip on her wrist tightened at those words. She knew how valuable these prisioners were to him, if he lost one of them...
even the orcs moved nervously toward the door. If silver really wasn't breathing everyone in the cell would feel his wrath. Shaiel stared at the girl lying on the floor hoping with all her might she would wake up.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 06:58
As the human girl gave no sign of life, people started to get worried.
Marisha looked upon the scene, seeing the pain of Nenndil and seeing the worry of Rhasgolion. She smiled. She never knew that dying gave a pleasant feeling. Her pain was gone and the large cut on her back that the stones had made was merely throbbing.
A few times she was tugged nearer to her body, and pain came back. But she wasnt ready to come back, Nor leave.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 04:17
Nenndil moved a little closer to Marisha, his hand gently stroaking through her hair.

"You can't leave now, it isn't your time." He whispered to her still body, quietly. "Come back to us, please. Don't leave me..."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 09:59
It was as though Marisha had to wait for something.
She still lingered above them and looked at Nenndil sadly.
She wanted to hug him, but she couldnt.
So she sat down beside him and her body.
It all looked so strange from here.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2005 03:49
[sorry for character manipulation, but i would like this thread to go on, I will try to do as little manipulation as possible... Sorry Rhasgolion, for this--->]

Nenndil felt Marisha's polse, but he felt nothing. "She died..." He said weakly and then he was silent.

Rhasgolion looked at the dead girl dissapointed. She had no use anymore.
While Nenndil was mourning over Marisha, Rhasgolion ordered the orc chief to get the body out of here and dump it into the river flowing just outside the building.
The orc lifted the girl up, her limp body hanging in his arms. Then he left the cells and did what he was ordered to do.

Marisha wanted to stay with Nenndil, but her body was taken away so she had to follow. She whispered "goodbye Nenndil" just before she followed her body away from her friends.

The Orc blinked his eyes when he stepped in the eveningsunrays. He looked at the girl once more. Her back was cut by the rocks, the gashes of the whips were full of dirt. Another prisoner dead. But the orc didnt care, and with that idea he threw the body in the river and turned around to head back to wait for orders.

Marisha looked angrily at the orc. He just threw her away! absolutely no respect for the diseased ones. but hey, it was an orc. He needed water more than her!

She followed her body till it stranded one or two miles from the prison, and then she 'sat' down besides it. Her wounds were washed, and she looked peaceful.
This was boring. Why was she still here? What would she do? Follow her body everywhere? No, this was a boring way of life... or death, whatever way it was called... afterlife? Was this the afterlife? or wasnt she supposed to be here?

She looked at the hand of her body. The friendship ring of Nenndil was still on her right middle finger.
She grabbed her hand and looked at the ring. and let go as if she had burned herself... She could feel pain again. her back was hurting.
Maybe?
She grabbed the hand again. The pain grew, but she didnt let go. Instead she grabbed the other hand too and concentrated on her body. She closed her eyes.

She coughed.
Where was she?
Then she remembered. The cell collapsed, thats why she felt so much pain.
"Nenndil?" She asked, but there was no answer. She moved her arm. It was not rock what she was feeling, but it was sand. And her legs were in water.
She opened her eyes. It was a different scenery than she expected.
She could remember floating above her body, nenndil speaking to her... Did she die? Then why did she feel pain?
She coughed again. Her asthma was coming up again. She had been breathing in too much dust.
She stood up.
She was alive.

[MUHAHAHA... THE RANGER GIRL HAS RETURNED TO LIFE... MUHAHHAHA]
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2005 03:57
((interesting, now they have a problem, Marisha is thought to be dead but she is infact outside and alive, interesting...))
Elana was seething. she hated this prison. She hated this annoying, ignorant arogant son of a... Her train of thought was inturupted. This could wait. He must not know what a valuable tool he possed by posesing her, and if she was busy thinking of all that things she would have liked to do to him, killing was last on the list, torture was much much worse, she would be too busy to guard who she was. She was also racked with guilt because through lack of supplies she could not save her friend.

[Edited on 11/9/2005 by Stridlas]
Hepsibah
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2005 09:25
((sorry for the disappearance...had nasty internet problem. I'm back now!))

~ There was more or less peace and quiet in the cell after the Orc had disposed of Marisha's body. What a waste! Now he was down one prisoner...no more could be spared. Letting go of Shaiel's wrist, he slowly moved about the cells and looked at each prisoner in turn with malice and slight disgust - he hated staying around these filthy, dank cells with these pathetic little people.~

"Let that be a lesson to all of you - if one of you so much as puts a toe out of line, you will end up following your precious little companion down the river!"

~ Though his smirk was hidden between the shadows of the prison and thick strands of greasy dark hair, it easily rung in his voice as he spoke to them all. Rhasgolion was disappointed in the death of the girl, but deep down, he actually found it quite amusing. The feelings of sorrow and guilt probably ran through them all, secretly blaming themselves for "not having done enough for her"...or whatever. Them feelings, painful emotions, were probably worse than torture by the orcs - emotional pain always left a bitter sting for a lot longer than physical wounds, and took its time to heal. He'd leave them alone with this burden for a good while, letting them stew in their own juices...if he was lucky, it might send them to hate each other.

An Orc moved slightly, catching Rhasgolion's wandering attention. Ah, of course, he'd have to have the prisoners separated now, in case of another attempt at escaping - besides, he didn't like the fact that these young girls had begun to mix with the Elf-male. He had carried many a weapon upon him when caught - he could probably drive ideas into the women's minds; alighting a hope in them that they could survive these cells.
Rhasgolion opened his mouth to give the orcs the orders, and took a step forward, unknowingly walking into the path that Marisha had made herself when following her own body. A nasty feeling overcame him, bringing a sharp pain to his head; Marisha's scent engulfed his sense of smell; freezing cold shivers coursed over his body. Something "dead" had walked there before, he could feel it. It was all part of being a Necromancer...

Overcome by the sudden feeling, he stumbled back and lay his back against the nearest wall, mentally shaking his head clear of the pains. Something hadn't gone right with Marisha's death...something strange had happened. But what, Rhasgolion had no idea. Panic suddenly surged through him - what if the girl was still alive, but only just, and he had ordered her thrown out? His fingers dug into the rock behind him, and his eyes grew wide with horror as he quickly ordered the orc that had newly returned from dumping Marisha's body, to go and fetch her again - making sure to speak in the orc's native tongue, hoping that none of the prisoners could understand what he was saying.~
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2005 11:19
Bre didn't move. She couldn't. Paralyzed with fear, she opened her mouth to speak but no words escaped. Her body trembled roughly as she watched the limp body of Silver was carried passed.

A cold hand brushed against her and finally the girl agve a small, barely audible cry and jumped from her spot and over to the large stacked pile of rubble.

A slow, sad glance was sent towards Nenndil and seeing him, seeing the look upon his face, she looked back over her shoulder then down.

Suddenly it dawned on her. It was indeed her fault. She had kicked the wall. She had pressed against 'till it cracked and tumbled. She was responsible.

Bre's knees felt suddenly weak and she sat on a large fallen piece of wall and curled her knees up into her chest. She felt so much like crying but couldn't bring herself to do so.
ertaurran
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2005 02:50
Shaiel watched the prisnors mourn sileintly. she chased away any pity she may have felt by reminding herself that what had happened to silver was their own fault, she had even told them trying to escape was a bad idea, . her train of thought was interupted though when she heard Rhasgolion barking an order at the orc. She had spent enough time around the orcs to understand a little of the language, it sounded like he had said something about returning or bringing something back and she could tell by Rhasgolions body language that he was sudenly distressed by something, she wondered what was wrong.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email