Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part IV
on: October 23, 2005 07:01
My thoughts on children. Weeell, I am not what you would call maternal. I love the bones of my kids, mind you, and am a tiger when it comes to anyone upsetting them. But, generally, I can take or leave other peoples. Two of my own were enough I cringe when I see how childen behave nowadays, in particular, and would like five minutes with some of them. *cough*. :angel:

:wave:s to Mags, Brandywine and Balrog. Hi girls. Good to see you. :love: Mags, your granddaughter *is* a lovely child, and congrats on the Play, hun.

HT: shwabby!! .... I love it!! Has such a lovely ring to it.

Schwabby, if you want to say hugs, feel free. :love:

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.

Rose

[Edited on 24/10/2005 by Rosearialelven]
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: October 23, 2005 08:59
Hey, we all look great.

Swabby, in a way, I'm with you in that "hugs and kisses" thing. It's probably both a cultural and and individual difference, but I'm not used to it, and it just doesn't come naturally from me. (But, in real life, I hug my family and friends a lot.)

HT, other people's children do annoy me sometimes, but having been through the same, I can perhaps relate to the parents better. And, if they are children to someone I know, like some of our neighbours, I do dare to tell them to stop. But sometimes, I feel that a week away from even my own ones would do me good...
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2005 09:24
Hi everyone

MT I have pm'd you a link so you can find the story I was refering to on Henneth Annuin let me know what you think.

Swabby or Shwabby if you like What to say to express your feelings without going OTT? You could try Bilbo's little speech about liking half of us ...etc etc but like Bilbo's guests we might wonder what you meant. How about ending "Your affectionate friend?

Balrog you had to make a very difficult descision and it can't have been at all easy. Some people seem to sail through life but if you talk to almost anyone and get to know them they all seem to have some problems in their life. Even the happy confident people have their crosses to bear..at least that has been my experience.

Ol Tom keep up with the keep fit! I have missed a couple of my aerobics classes and I just know its going to be harder when I go back.

Love and hugs (I hug my married male freinds as well!)

HT:heart:
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2005 12:21
Mae govannen, to all :heart::love:

So many posts, good thing to keep the brain intact trying to remember everything I'd like to reply on.

I agree, Swabby, I mean Schwabby, you do look a bit like Sean Connery. I appreciate your concern about ending your replies with hugs and kisses. But just being concerned and trying seems to make it all ok with me. I think of us as a fairly non-judgemental group, so perhaps the best thing is just do what you feel is best and are comfortable with. I've also learned in life that you can never please everyone!

Balrog, I so admire your courage and honesty in both your decision to give up your children as well as sharing your story. You did what you thought was best not just for yourself, but for your children. Thanks again for sharing! :heart:

You're so right, HT, about most everyone having their crosses to bear. I love getting to know people and try to understand what makes or has made them the way they are. Sometimes the more a person has been through, the more interesting they are. My close friends are all quite different, but are genuine; my best friend is gay (male) a year younger than my son. What matters most is what is in the heart. :heart:

MT, that is so cool you used to teach Bible school! I picture you as a really cool & fun teacher, btw! Love hearing about your beach walks, I so miss those! :cry:

Well have a little over 2 hours until hubby gets home from work. It really cooled off here so going to finish up the weekend LOTR movie viewing. :love::heart:

Take care all and have a great day/night! :heart::love:
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: October 23, 2005 04:15
There is to many people to remember that have posted so I will say hello to everyone.

I am so glad we don't judge here. I feel such freedom here.

Have you seen the new pictures in the gallery? Some more were added today,but not mine yet.

Swabby , what about love ya? Not to sentimental but still full of feeling I think it would be fine or really however you want to sign off is fine with me.

It is in the 40's here tonight. A little chilly but nice as my father use to say snuggling weather. Our colors are just breath taking and I can't get enough of the views. We had a little rain and then a double rainbow. It was fantastic.

My daughter who went to Beauty School is going to help me get ready for Thursday. My Halloween party for the kids. She will curl my hair and I found a wonderful site to help me see how female hobbits dress. I am so excited just like when I was a child :rolling:
Have a goodnight.:heart:
Awelyn 418
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: October 23, 2005 06:15
Here are some more friendly faces of the FoF.

That would be FF's of the FoF...

balrog

Old Tom and Goldberry

Old Tom and Goldberry 1

Miththoliel

Miththoliel II

neenime

swabby with little miss
awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 02:49
NenyaGold, thanks for the heads up on the photo's.
I am trying to be patient waiting for my picture. MT, you are definitely photogenic. Brandywine's picture is in the gallery to or maybe you mentioned it earlier.

It was in the 30's when I got up this morning switched on my heat and turned on my oven.

I haven't heard anything about my niece yet.

My daughter and I are getting pumpkins today for our annual pumpkin carving contest. Actually there are no losers or winners we just have fun. I do not like getting the pulp out it is so slimy.We cheat we use a pumpkin cutting kit, I can't draw. My son on the other does all his own drawing. He lives in Wa. state but sends me pictures. He is a true artist.
Have a good day or goodnight.
Awelyn418:heart:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 04:48
hugs and kisses 'n' such Hey, we're among friends here. I think we should be free to speak our hearts openly. I agree that we're an easy-going bunch and are unlikely to make a big deal out of something harmless.

Besides, I'm all in favour of quiet insurgency in this matter - slowly, inexorably making it OK for men to express feelings without gettng labelled or criticized. Maybe if they did that,we could keep them off the cardiac and cancer care wards a bit better!

luv'ya sounds real good, too.

surprise! Hey. my photo got into the gallery after just 1 day or so! Cool. Another one uploaded this morning.

I am attempting to post a link here. If not working, just search by name in the Members' Gallery.
http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showpic&pid=26676&orderby=

[Edited on 24/10/2005 by Neenime]

[Edited on 24/10/2005 by Neenime]
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 05:08
I hope everyone had A good weekend and are now full of vim and vigor, ready to face the new week.
Because of my bad heart,I haven't worked since 1992. I may have mentioned it before, but I had an unsuccessful heart by-pass surgery that left me with only half A heart. I have been able to continue doing most of the things I used to do, but much slower than before. Some things, like fishing, I quit entirely because I had to do everything myself and it was so taxing that it left me in A vegitative state for A day or so afterwards. Being out in the heat does me in, also.
Anyway, I miss several things about working that I hadn't realized I would miss untill I no longer had them. Among these are the social contacts that always come with working. Those are gone. I found that I had A need to be productive and to feel that I was needed, that I had value. The productive part I can usually pacify with my hobbies, like taking on challenging art projects. It doesn't matter if I'm in the kitchen cooking, taking out the garbage or doing artwork, I'm very serious when I'm working, and I don't think I could be any other way.
So if you're thinking that all will be peachy when you retire, I'm here to tell you that it might not be so.

I really am enjoying seeing everyone's pictures and can't wait to see the others. If I tell some of you that you look nice or that you're pretty, please know that I would never tell you that if I didn't think it went all the way through you. When I was in my teens, my "hot chick warning light" went off at nearly every female that got near me, except for one. One of my best friends had A younger teenage sister who looked pretty nice, but after seeing her being her real self A few times at his house, I think she could'nt have excited me if she walked by me naked. To this day, I can't stand her. So even as A testosterone-saturated teenager, I could see that beauty was more than skin deep.

I do value the advice that I get here, and some of you have said that I could get A little more expressive with my sign-offs, so I'll just say that my beat-up heart is starting to feel quite affectionate towards you all because you are so lovable. How's that? swabby

HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 06:10
Hi everyone

Swabby you may only have half a heart physically but I would say you have a whole lot of heart in every other way. Hope everyone who likes Halloween has a good time. I am going over to my Roseanne-like Sister in Law on 30th for a small party. Since it is fairly much a last minute thing I am going to cheat with a costume I have bough a cheap white shower curtain and am going to go as a ghost. Now there is a picture I could put up without giving much away!

Love and Hugs:heart:

HT
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 06:27
For easy reviewing, here is a list of all the recent photos uploaded by the FoFr's.

Here's a hint for looking at them... If you right click the link, then click *Open In New Window*, you can review the photo and close it when you're through and still have your original window open to the list.

Brandywine

Morwinyoniel 1

Morwinyoniel 2

swabby 1

swabby 2

scots56

balrog

Old Tom and Goldberry

Old Tom and Goldberry 1

Miththoliel

Miththoliel II

neenime

swabby with little miss
awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 07:01
Neenime, how did your picture get there so fast in the gallery?
What is your secret? Maybe I did something wrong.
Awelyn418
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 09:38
awelyn418 no clue. I think it's that mysterious force being studied by Physics, called "dumb luck". I just submitted on Fri. night or Sat. afternoon (forget which - it was a busy weeeknd) and boom, there it was when I looked this morning.

Confusius say - "Go figure."

So, the right-click images thang doesn't work for me. Must be the way my computer is set up. I have to go the gallery and Search. Oh well, at least I get to see some of your bright,shining faces!

This was a good idea, to post these. Thanks (I forget who got us started on this).
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 09:57
awelyn - I have a feeling since yours wasn't uploaded it's too big. Hopefully they will let you know and I can resize it for you.

Neenime - you just happened to upload right before the admins worked on the new submissions. As I said, with their busy schedules, it can take a week and then they look at everything submitted at once. Elenisil and Aowyn are two very hard working Admins!

Neenime, left clicking the name should bring the picture up in the same window. You shouldn't have to go hunting through the gallery if the right click doesn't work. But if you do, here's a secret... Click the [D] after the Date sort at the top when you are in and it will list the last one uploaded first. Makes finding new photos real easy.

Is anyone else having problems with the links to the photos?

Thank you for your frank and very interesting comments about children. I know the choices we've all made were very personal. I appreciate you sharing. :love:
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 03:20
All the pics are great and you all are so beautiful, I must take mine with a bag over my head! :cry:

Swabby, half or whole hearted, you are charming and can sign off any way you'd like! :heart:

Trying to get another installment of the Aragorn stories up at Henneth annun. I'll let those of you who like to read drivel or are out of Ambien know when it is posted.

It's grade card time....the end of first quarter already! My orklets are beginning to wail...can you hear them? Listen carefully...yes, that's it, faintly off in the distance.

I'm doing a fun thing at school...one of my classes is reading The Hobbit. It's a class with several "inclusion" students in it (when we were in school, the term was special education). I taught them their first Elvish phrase today--Mae govannen, mellon nin---and they really got into it! Have to be out tomorrow for an appointment and I forgot to leave their next lesson on the overhead! Dang!

SE
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2005 02:46
Hey - the left click works now. What's with that?

swabby My hubby has a heart condition, too. Fortunately, it's under good control and doesn't slow him down much. I wish you well with your continued health. (someone tell me how to say that in Elvish, please)
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2005 03:12
Sindy, without ever having seen you, I'm sure you are much too beautiful A person to need A bag on your face, and I'll bet the others will agree with me on this. Thankyou for the kind remarks about my heart, also. HT made A very kind and similar remark, and I thank her also.

Thankyou for your concern Neenime, and I hope your husband lives to be 101. Heart disease is the biggest killer of all Americans of both sexes, so it is something that all of us should take very seriously.

It seems that many cultures share the notion that our hearts are the source, or perhaps the "nerve-center" for love. We talk about "heartaches" or having A "broken heart". We say "Our hearts go out to---" and many other things that imply that love comes from, and resides in, our hearts. During moments of very strong emotion (not anger) I have felt A tightness or ache of sorts in my upper chest and lower throat area, and no, I wasn't having A myocardial infarction. If love does reside in our hearts, what happens when A person gets A heart transplant?
Would any of you like to share your views on this or offer any explanations?

The guy with the loving but beat-up heart, swabby

[Edited on 25/10/2005 by swabby]
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2005 04:07
:wave: Hi everyone, has been a busy couple days here. Hubby is off work Mondays and Tuesdays now. Our schedules never remain the same too long as his work assignments and hours are ever changing.

So many posts and all so fun to read! Love seeing all your lovely pictures and feel so at home here. Thanks for the kind comments on pics, will post some replies when there is more time here. What means the most is that we all like and respect each other for who we really are. :heart: Sindy, you are such a beautiful person and agree with Swabby, you don't need a bag over your face. :heart::love:

Interesting hearing the teacher stories, love reading them. All about the orcklings. :evil:

Good question about the heart, Swabby. And hope yours keeps ticking for a long time to come. I know what you mean about feeling strong emotion inside the chest. Maybe we all relate it to the heart because the heart is there but I think it is something inside us that no one could remove surgically.

Na-den pedim ad :heart::love:
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: October 25, 2005 04:44
Heh... Being a nurse I can tell you that while we do refer to all those things, what makes up the "heart" of a person has nothing to do with the organ in the middle of our chest. What it does have to do with is the soul of a person and somehow that seems to elicit sensations in that very area of our body.

However, a heart transplant I don't believe changes that. Still, I sometimes wonder if such transplanted organs don't have some effect besides the obvious medical ones.

Souls/spirits are not something anyone can truly pin down to "thus and such" as far as where they are. I have watched more than one person pass into the Summerlands and it was quite obvious, aside from the cessation of breath, that the person no longer resided in the flesh.

All my best to you, swabby, that you may continue to grace us and those around you with your presence and that your health remains as optimal as possible.

Sindarinelvish: Tsk... My dear, don't say that at all! We are about as non-judgmental about many things as one could wish for and with such a lovely spirit, I cannot help but believe your physical manifestation shows that. It's wonderful to see the faces behind the names and words on this site.

Orklings... Yes, appropriate name for them sometimes. LOL
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: October 25, 2005 07:53
Sindarinelvish, don't talk nonsense! I'm sure you look quite as good as the rest of us - in fact, in most photos of me, I look like I were angry, drunk, or just woken up (well, in the photo taken in Oxford, I was a little tipsy, but don't look like it ).

Sorry that this remains just a flyby post - have a nice day (or evening), everybody!
awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 25, 2005 11:12
All of your pictures look so great. I will be glad to get my photo in the gallery I am feeling a little left out :cry:

Swabby, I to wish you a long and happy life. I believe your heart is a place not a muscle, your soul like Belle said. Of course I know we all have a muscle that regulates our blood flow and so forth but when we talk about the heart and talk about love it is a different story.
I know what you mean about that sadness though I have never felt such pain in my heart as when my mom died January of 2005. I understand how people can die of a broken heart now.
The heartache was so raw and intense that it hurt to breathe some time.

The weather is still cool here and the trees are putting on their beautiful dresses.
I need to go I will try to come back later but since my daughter came back home she is on my computer quite a bit
Awelyn 418:heart:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2005 12:57
Our ideas about the heart (and the rest of ourself) are culturally determined and over-simplified. The Berbers of Morocco, to indicate that they have fallen in love say "You have captured my liver". Well, since the liver is the production house of hormones and hormones are emotional messengers, the Berbers have it closer to the truth than we do. (But I can;t quite picture reddish-purple livers on Valentine cards, can you?

Emotions and memories are not simply the products of a particular organ or part of the brain. Psychology(my area) & Neurology are figuring out that any brain (or body) process involves several areas working in concert. It's not as simple and localized as we used to think.

So, swabby , who you are and what you feel are wa-a-a-a-a-y too complex to have been changed by one replaced part. So, no worries.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2005 04:35
Aww, swabby, you're all heart (or is that liver?) in my opinion.:heart:

You're beautiful to me SE and I feel that you're probably not bad on the eye either.

Thanks to Nenya for shrinking my whopper size pic down so that I can re-submit. Now what was I thinking?? I will shatter the illusions of mystery and beauty. :cry:

She's here!!! :love: My granddaughter arrived Oct 25th at 1:26 in Heerleen, Netherlands. I haven't figured out the kg translation to pounds yet, but I think she's over 8 lbs. Her name is Eleanor Diana and she's beautiful. Finally...a girl!!

MT
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2005 05:34
Congratulations MT! This makes how many grandchildren for you? However many it is, I'm jealous because I only have one. If some one would help me find A girlfriend my 36 yo son, I might get A few more. Anyway, I am happy for you, MT, and I mean that from the bottom of my liver. (I'm gonna have some fun with this)

I knew my questions about the heart would recieve some very good answers here. Thankyou so much Neenime and Belle for your expert inputs on this subject. I love that one about the liver. "Mi corazon" would become "Mi higado". It just doesn't have the same ring to it, now does it? Artichoke livers? Deep in the liver of Texas? Hmmm, I think I'll stick with the ages-old concept of love being centered in the heart, even if it's wrong.

Later, my lovable friends, swabby
awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 01:30
MTMS, congratulations.
What a lovely name. I am sure she is a beauty.
Swabby you are so funny in the liver of Texas. my dog got me up to early and I am to sleepy to think. So, I will come back later.
Awelyn418
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 02:30
MTMS Congratulations. A grandchild is such as precious treasure. :love:

When will you be able to see her?
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 04:58
*Blinks* I must have wandered off and got lost. It seems a little while since I posted.

Huge, huge congrats MT and such lovely names. :love: :disco: :cheers:

No grandkids here. I am sure they are a delight, but no rush for me, if ever. :twitch:

Swabby, dearliver, I am sorry to hear about your heart. et: :hug: But you are such a live wire, I hope you buzz along for a long, long while yet.

Hmmm, what ailments or peculiarities do I have. Some I can't mention.

Oooh, one I can, or two. I have vertigo, maybe I have mentioned that before .... senior moment...

Well, I have two more ribs than most folks. Where people usually have 12 ribs, I have 14. Extra-cervical ribs, they are called and apparently they are a remnant from the dinosaur age, especially pterydactyls and, as some people would like to believe, dragons (me for one :love: ).

They grow out of my vertibrae at shoulder blade height and nestle inside the collar bone either side of my neck. You can't really see them, apart from two slight bumps just above my collar bones. I think the article said they are where the pterydactyls wings grew.

I was supposed to have surgery, as they press on the nerves, but the doctor said it was such an intricate operation, if I could live with it, I should. Guess what!! I've lived with it all my life. Lol!! Braveliver, here!!

So, my dear friends, you can say you know a dinosaur dragon. Lol!!!! *blows flames and smoke from nostrils*

So, other than my vertigo and my budding dragon wings, I probably have the same creaks and squeaks as we all do who get past the big 40. But as my mum always said 'a creaking gate goes on for ever'.

I can't bring myself to think about transplants, regarding hearts, etc. I hope I never have to, but it's a thought that makes me shudder a little. Don't know if anyone else feels the same.

I am sure I read somewhere though about someone, a man I think, it was way back in the times of Christian Barnard, who had had a heart-transplant, and he said that he felt his personality change drastically from how he was before.

So who knows, although medically I know it's a pump, it maybe that it affects us in other ways.

It's like if you transplant a brain, would it hold the memories in that brain.*rubs steamy window to look out at weather* *sigh* still raining!!

My cats are indoor cats and do not take kindly to inclement weather. I get glowered at!! My back yard (as in a UK back yard - a small enclosure with paving stones and high walls) is netted off, so when the weather is dry they get to go outside. But they are not too chuffed when it rains.

Well, I think I have talked for far too long and you are all probably asleep by now. :sleepy: *BOOOO!!* Sorry. I just had a waffling mood on me.

I think all your pics are amazing. If you want to, you can check this link here. Its pics of all the staff on CoE and if you scroll down you'll find me. For some reason, I have my hair scraped back, but I remember it was a very hot day, and it was cooler that way. Only if you want to.

Hope everyone is hunkydory and in fine fettle. :love:

Well, I'll be off. Got some typing *cough* work *cough* to do, have to pay the bills and scratch a living. *a large hook appears and drags Rose, still chattering, off stage*

ImageImageImage
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 08:54
If only I had exploding fireworks on my posts! (And scantily-clad shieldmadens writhing about with their shiney swords) Rose, you've outdone yourself. The only way I'm gonna be able to match you is to draw that stuff on my post with crayons. I can't even figure out how to put those little smiley and frowney faces on.

Also, Rose's story about the extra ribs is quite interesting. I guess the only physical anomoly I have would be my right palm. I don't remember what you call it, but the horizontal line across your palm that is normally split in the middle is straight and unbroken on my right hand. My left palm looks normal. If any of you are palm readers, you know what I'm talking about.

Thanks to all for your continued nice comments, and thanks to you, Rose for that comment about me being A "live wire". I wish I could have met you all when I was firing on all 8 cylinders. I tell people that I'm A Corvette with A lawnmower engine under the hood. I used run on A 50/50 mixture of testosterone and nitro-methane, now I limp along on A 50/50 mixture of nitro pills and Geritol. Yep, I'm A regular dynamo untill my thimble-sized gas tank runs dry, which doesn't take too long. About the only thing that can get my motor runnin' these days is A LotR movie or some hot chicks, which is why I hang out here A lot. Basking in the warm glow that radiates from you terrific ladies makes me feel downright frisky. (I'm not talking to you, old Tom) Boy, my liver is pounding like A drum. Time for my medicine! Later, my friends. swabby
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 09:01
MT congratulations on the grandchild! Hope you are with her soon.

Swabby what was that about hidago? Are you sure you didn't mean Hidlago? I can think of a few ladies here who probably thought of that one!

I am getting to the stage where I don't know what I would do without all the nice people here - it really is like having an extended family but one that shares my obsession with LOTR that has to be great!

Love and hugs to all

HT:heart:
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 10:04
Here's your scantily clad Shieldmaiden, swabby. :love:

She is an image I used for a Roleplaying character, called Merlayn, from Rohan.

Lhûnelleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 10:38
Hello all,

well this week got off to an interesting start ... I jaunted off to Edinburgh on Monday to visit the Russian exhibition at the Scottish Museum, accompanied by my son who had the long weekend off from Uni .... unfortunately, the weather was just atrocious, .... I luv wet and windy weather, but Monday was beyond a joke ....

the exhibition itself was a bit of a damp squid too actually .... not enough glitz and glamour for my liking .... I thought as the exhibits were from the Hermitage, there would be lots of Faberge eggs etc .... but twas not to be .... a lot of religious artefacts, Victorian dresses and military costumes .... but still, it passed an hour I suppose ....

Last night I had a bit of a shock while browsing online for LOTR images for my website .... a rumour that "La Mortensen" was getting married .... I nearly had a stroke .... however, it remains a rumour as I could not find any news items to support the claim, (and I looked long and hard to find any, trust me).

I'm still wallowing in what has become an autumn ritual for me ... re-reading the Silmarillion .... a joy as ever! ....

I've been considering asking the family for a set of Middle Earth Maps by Daniel Reeve for my chrimbo' pressie this year.... however, the stumbling blocks to such a request are two-fold .... One ... the map set has to be shipped from the US as it's not available in the UK and ....Two .... my family are not in the habit of warming to any requests for LOTR memorabelia, as they see my passion re-same as an "eccentricity" not to be indulged .... so I'll have to work on this one for a while I think .....

anyhoo, I hope this post finds you all safe and well .... and continue to enjoy this little corner of COE ....

best wishes ... ~ L~

awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 12:07
Hello,
Lhunelleth, I have met so many people here but I don't remember you. So, very nice to meet you
What an interesting week you have had and my family thinks I am eccentric when it comes to LOTR that is why I love coming here.

Hi to the other regulars and swabby you take care of yourself.

Rose you outdid yourself with that post
HT ,yes we are obsessed and I love it. You take care.
I have to go back to work.
Awelyn 418:heart:
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 01:46
Hi Lhunelleth, nice to meet you! And hello to all my wonderful friends here in FOF! :love::heart: We certainly are all obsessed with LOTR here. Family doesn't always understand but the "family" you find here sure will. :love::heart: Also, in the book club section here at COE we're reading "Unfinished Tales" which ties in quite a bit with the Silmarillion. You can join in anytime, if that would interest you.

This day rather got away from me, trying to catch up on bits of everything after 2 days of hubby being off. He's totally spoiled since I quit working but keeps everything running smooth here, especially when he's working these 12 hour days. So if this doesn't make sense, it's because the spaghetti sauce got on my brain...tending it in between writing sentences here! :dizzy:

Swabby, you always crack me up, I love all the humor in here. Hope you enjoy your shield maiden pic that Rose posted. I'm curious as well as some of the others, Rose, about how you put all that stuff on the bottom...are they links you put with the signature? Maybe you can do a learning class for us, lol! Can figure stuff out, have had to lots on jobs as well as helping out family members and hubby with computer, but that is something new.

Congratulations, MT on your new granddaughter! How wonderful to have a girl. Have 2 grandsons here and would love to have a girl to love & spoil. Just finished sending Halloween stuff this week and always see something that would be cool for a girl...like the glow-in-the-dark earrings. I'm so happy for you!!! :love::heart: Oh, and I saw some cool toy swords at Wallyworld (Walmart) today. Where did you get yours?

HT, I know what you mean about family here. I can't wait to check my email now as there are always lots of replies on this thread and everyone is truly wonderful here.

Well (wiping sauce off fingers) better go finish the dinner thing. If only I could learn to just open something ready-made, just have this obsession of making things from scratch and love "adjusting" new recipes according to taste and what is on hand. Call it creative cooking and hubby is like the little kid on the cereal commercial that eats about anything. For the most part things turn out well, but have had some funny times like when I first experimented with jalapenos in the meatloaf, lol.

Hope you all have a wonderful night! Silo Anor bo men lin! (May the Sun shine on your road!) :heart::love::heart:
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 02:58
Thanks so much for indulging me in doting on my newest grandchild. She is #3. Joseph will turn 5 next month and Sam just turned 2 almost 2 weeks ago. Probably won't get to see them all until summer. But beware Europe-I'm staying for alot longer this time.
Like Tolkien, I've always wanted there to be dragons in the world, and now I know one. I've never heard such an interesting story, Rose. You are indeed a unique individual.
I,too,believe you are a bit of a live wire, swabby. The sparks might not be as many but you still brighten the night sky. Ya gotta love a man with a good sense of humor, especially one who cooks and writes poetry.

Of course, I picked up on the Hidalgo reference.:love:
Hello there ~L~! Nice to have you with us. How do you feel about kilts? That is in reference to (for some of us here) our beloved Viggo wearing such. What say you?

I got my toy swords at Tolkientown.com, Mith. There were at Target but had been sold out. I do love playing with them and know that I would be a great swordmaiden (or is it matron?) if I had training. But who would take on the task?

Tomorrow is field trip day to the farm. Going to milk a cow, feed goats, chase chickens (and children) and pick pumpkins. Better get to bed early so I won't fall asleep on the bus when we come back to school. Have a wonderful evening and great day tomorrow.

MT
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 04:14
Hi everyone,

Say it ain't so! Rumors about Viggo getting married???? MT, did you hear that?

Mith, I'm reading UT also. Or at least I'm trying but I'm behind already! I'm just at the part where Tuor and Elf friend (Kirk and Spock) meet and head off to Gondolin. I love the pictures that are posted for the books and probably spend too much time looking and not enough time reading.

Swabby, be careful looking at that shield madien picture. It could cause arrythmia of the liver. :love:

MT, congrats on the grandgirlchild!

Rose, there be dragons here! I knew there were dragons! Congratulations on your wings! I thought I heard a bell ring!

One of my students has been wearing elf ears all week...she picked them up at the Ren Festival over the weekend. I'm fearful she applied them with superglue and they're stuck. (Actually they stick out sideways and look more like orc ears.) MT and Scots56, how much extra credit should I give her?

A little off topic, but I read a review in Newsweek about Orlando Bloom (heartthrob of the younger set). I guess Mr. Bloom's acting ability is in question but according to the article, his appearance can't be faulted.

If the weather here cooperates, I'm getting the DH to take my picture this weekend.

MT, my teaching colleague and I used to have bus duty together when we both taught eighth grade. We did a lot of reward field trips then and it never failed that she and I would be snoozing away in the two front bus seats on the way back. We were good field trip monitors and always came back with the same number we left with-- ours or not-- as long as we had 45 on that bus!

She was just recently on a field trip to our vocational school with the orklings and saw a child from another school who had a teeshirt that said "If it's not on the test, I don't care." We decided to create one for our children that says "WHAT TEST??!!!" :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

SE

[Edited on 27/10/2005 by sindarinelvish]
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email