Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
arya_luver
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Wiccan/Pagan potluck thread
on: June 11, 2006 01:14
Darn it, I had all my equipment ready, though I didn't get to do it bc my mom wouldn't go to bed last night. D**** it!
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2006 01:56
Greetings, friends. That's an interesting ritual, arya_luver . I like the idea of honouring the time of commitment and making the expectations explicit.

Yes, it's Full Moon time. My calendar says 2PM on Sunday (Eastern Daylight Time). Last night was clear, so I decided to go out then, not knowing what weather Sunday would actually bring.

My ritual is not strictly Wiccan. I am like the people described early in the ritual who follow certain select aspects of the tradition, in a way that enriches their lives. Native North American traditions have also been a big influence on me, as well as the Slavic pagan tradition and ancient Goddess worship.

Despite the many influences, the full moon ritual is a real time of renewal for me. A time to re-connect with the deeper things in my life and to refill my stores of spiritual energy. I really look forward to it each month.

Because I live in a rural area, I have a lot of privacy for my rituals. My husband and sons just know that mom goes out the howl a the mom regularly, They're cool with it.

What do others here do for ful moon?
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
arya_luver
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2006 02:34
Well, while I plan to do what I already posted for my first Sabbat, after that I think I'll use a basic pentacle with the main spirit/element symbols. I'll maybe do so chanting along the lines of:

Audrio Spiritas maenai aiyai Forbee. Audrio Spiritas maenai aiyai Forbee. Aiyai Forbee. Aiyai Forbee. Meneolieeiaim enyo autromay. Ayai. Ayai...
Then (since I do my rituals indoors), I'll mop up the symbols, hide the equipment, and go to bed. Anyone have some good cants/spells I could use???
chreotha
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2006 01:06
I haven't done a ritual yet. But Neenime's sounds very like what mine will be. i also live in a rural area so going outside is possible for me. I'm just not ready yet. I want to learn as much as I can before i try. I am thinking of making my year and a day my initiation ritual my first, but that's in feburary so it'll be too cold to go outside. Ive got plenty of time to think it all through
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2006 10:31
chreotha I think it's great to plan your ritual. What a sense of anticipation. I hope it will express your own unique spiritual view.

My outdoor rituals have to keep in mind both the onslaught of little demons from the underworld (mosquitoes and blackfkies -I mean clouds of them!) and the sub-Arctic temperatures in winter. NOw, I know the little critters are also denizens of Mother Earth, buit really, they don't know how to play nice! Doesn;t the Rule of Three apply to them?!?!?! LOL

“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
chreotha
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2006 06:59
LOL Neenime! I never thought about bugs when trying to concentrait on a ritual. Perhaps they would understand an extra citronella candle on the altar?
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2006 02:31
I would need so many citronella candles that it would look like a minor forest fire. And that would certainly attract the attention of my neighbours!

I am talking about clouds of bugs here in northern Canada. So, I go out in my "bug jacket". It's like a windbreaker, but made of thin nylon mesh and the hood zippers all around the head and face. I look like a bloody Sasquatch (Bigfoot). *sigh* What we do for our spiritual lives!

I'm not really complaining. A little inconvenience is much better than being persecuted!
arya_luver
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2006 03:39
What is your setting like? Mine is a mat on which I lay the goblet, and then a pentacle with regular candles in each spike, and a special pyramid candle in the spirit one. I have a pretty short staff/wand, and I havn't ever used a broomstick. As for a skull, I'm working on it.

This is sorta what my pentacle looks like:

http://horror.blog.hr/slike/1620455458.jpg

Though I don't do much else the same. The pic is from a Christian movie, though, so it is a bit innacurate.
:evil:
chreotha
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2006 05:48
Arya-luver whats the skull for? Ive heard of all the other items you mentioned in your altar but I've never heard of using a skull
arya_luver
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 04:53
Alot of witches use them. Seriously, you don't?
chreotha
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 05:21
no I dont think a lot of witches use skulls. I've never seen or even heard of a reference to a skull being useful in an altar or ritual. What's it for anyhow?
arya_luver
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 08:26
I dunno.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email