Register

Author Topic:
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
Post Where is home?
on: April 26, 2006 04:44
OOC: Ok, I'm going to try starting an rp
My character in this one is Liniel whom can be found in the Database. Once you read that this will make more sense. It starts in Rivendell and it about Liniel kind of finding her place, her home, her friends family etc etc. I would highly appreciate if you'd like to join to drop me a pm.
--

Liniel just stood there like a statue, not even blinking. Her mind was a mess of memories, of conflicts, of pros and cons, and of her heartache. She couldn't believe herself, why did she come here? Come back, with everything that has happened to her here in Rivendell.

At the front entrance of Rivendell stood this statue with a tortured soul, green eyes unfocused, short black hair doing what it pleased. To any passer-by it might be an uncanny, unnerving, or maybe even humorous sight. This elf in an old choice of clothing and very short hair with two swords just doing... nothing.

She should leave.. there was nothing for her here. Liniel couldn't face her past, but still she didn't even turn around. This was pathetic! How completely silly she must look! But still she was like a tree.. not going anywhere. Finally she mustered up her courage and took a step, wincing as she heard a loud crunch of leaves under her foot. Sighing she took a few more steps in, then was suddenly walking at a slow pace into the elf domain. But poor Liniel didn't see the nasty root sticking out of the ground and in a whirl of leaves and twigs she came crashing to the forest floor with a lovely thud.

(Oh, forgot to mention this is before the war of the ring! Any other questions pm me please)
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Where is home?
on: April 27, 2006 02:14
(I hope you don't mind, if I'm joining. My character, Faenor, can also be found in the database....)

Faenor was tired. He has travelled for the last two days, having barley slept. But he wanted to reach Rivendell. A place where he can rest a week in peace.

As he reached the country of the Elves, he saw a woman standing in front of him. She didn't move, but looked straight into the direction he wnated to go. She seemed to be worried.

Faenor decided to wait a moment before continuing his way. Then the woman moved. Now he could see that she was an Elf.

Suddenly she fell down to the ground. What happened? After a moment he rushed to her. Grapping her arm, he asked: "Is everything ok?"
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2006 12:43
(thanks for joining!!)

Liniel groaned slightly as the pain from the fall finally caught up with her. But suddenly she noticed she was being lifted, a friendly hand on her arm was helping her up. When she was up right sitting back on her heels for a moment to collect her senses the man next to her asked her something.

Her head turned to look into surprisingly large, blue eyes. Liniel blinked a few times then realized she was suppose to say something back.

"Oh! .. I'm fine thank you very much sir," she nodded as she stood up taking a few small leaves from her hair. "I was just .. walking into Rivendell.. " or trying to, she thought, "when I tripped over something.. ah... " she sort of looked around to find the obstacle but was fruitless, "whatever it was.." she babbled embarrassly.

Liniel cleared her throat, and pushed her hair out of her face, "Thank you again ..... " she paused and looked at the man again expectingly, searching for his name.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2006 04:49
Faenor had to smile as the woman searched fort he right words. She seemed to be a bit confused.

“You’re welcome”, he said. Then he paused. He realised that the Elf had wonderful green eyes. As he looked inside them, he could see a kind of sadness.

After that he thought that it would be polite to tell her his name. And so he said: “I’m Faenor. And I’m also on my way to Rivendell.”

He was a bit nervous, but he couldn’t tell why. There was something upon her. Without thinking, he asked: “We can go the rest of the way together, if you don’t mind?” He looked around searching for something he didn’t know and before the Elf could answer to his first question, he couldn’t help himself asking another one: “Who are you?”
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2006 08:15
Liniel listened to the two questions Faenor asked then nodded, "I am Liniel, and I suppose it would be all right for us to go together... You can make sure I don't trip over anything else." she rolled her eyes at herself.

As they began to walk down the leaf covered path Liniel felt a little bit awkward. She was not use to having company beside her, so she wasn't sure what to do. Glancing at him, Liniel saw that he seemed weary, obviously Faenor had been traveling a great distance. Finally she came up with something to break the silence.

"Where do you come from Faenor?"
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2006 03:39
Faenor, who had also travelled most of his life alone, felt a bit uncomfortable, maybe because of the silence. But he didn'T know what to talk about.

So he was relieved as Liniel asked him something. Even if it was this question. Normally he just told any country that came to his mind, but somehow he felt, that this time he should answer honestly.

He took a deep breath and said: "I was raised up by an elderly couple in Rohan. They found me as a child on the riverbank, senseless. So I can't tell you where I'm really from."

He made a short break before he went on: "What about you? What does an Elf do all alone out here?"

He stopped walking and again looked into her sad, green eyes.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2006 12:44
Liniel nodded as Faenor told her of his past. She sighed in her mind, At least you had parents she thought. She winced slightly as Faenor asked her the questions.

She stopped herself noticing that he had, she glanced into his blue eyes but then lowered her head. She tried to think of something to say, if she wasn't use to company she was even less use to having conversations. Liniel didn't want to tell him everything, since he was almost still a stranger, but she wanted to tell him something. After taking in a breath she said.

"I... well ..." she winced again as she words came out soft and unsure, "This land.. " she slightly gestured down the path towards Rivendell, "was my home a long time ago, but now I belong ... no where, with no one to be my friend.. " she sighed, "I'm sorry ... I don't look for pity or anything though it sounds like it. ... Being alone while traveling, I have plenty of time to think and don't need to worry about another person ... but," she swallowed, "as you can see it doesn't help my conversation skills.." embarrassly she covered her reddening face with her hands.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2006 10:24
Faenor watched her all the time she told him about herself. She was very uncertain. As she turned slightly red, he ahd to smile.

Then he said: "Your conversation skill are alright. Don't worry about them."

Perhaps it would relieve her if they went on. So he started walking once more.

After a while he asked: "Waht happened?" Now it was his turn to become red: "I... I'm sorry.... I didn't mean to offend you.... I'm just curious." He mordered his thoughts anew and went on: "I just wondered why you didn't stay here in this beautiful country?!"
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2006 01:30
Daenion held back, waiting for the woman to answer--he'd been wandering as he was accustomed to do when his conscience got the better of him, and he'd halted at the two voices. Hidden slightly behind them in the shade of trees, he'd almost revealed himself when the man--Faenor, was it?--asked the question that burned in Daenion's mind. The woman was...He had not seen an elf like her in, centuries, it must be now. But he recognized the seclusion betrayed in her form; he'd seen such a presence in the mirror.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2006 10:26
Liniel looked up again when she spoke, and she was slightly relieved when they began to walk once more, she just wanted to get there and face her fears and be done with it.

She tensed up when he asked what had happened, and why she didn't stay. Liniel looked to the forest floor trying to find the answer there it seemed. Perhaps this would be ten times easier if she just told him the truth.

"What you call a beautiful country, I call a land of .. death." she now stared straight ahead, "My brother, sister, and I all didn't stay because we couldn't. It was too painful after .... " how to put this? she thought, "after our mother .. well... died and father left." It wasn't a lie just a softer version of what happened, she asured herself.

The two were completely oblivious to the lurker in the shadows behind, though Liniel probably could have spotted him, her senses were dulled with memories of unpleasant events. But she did noticed that the actually city of Rivendell was close, even after all these years the trees and land were still familiar to her. Though she shuddered, not sure she would be able to go through the gates.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2006 11:09
Daenion could tell there was more to the woman's words than what she said, and it piqued his interest. Stepping out from the shadow of foliage he announced his presence. "Greetings, friends. What brings you to this country?" Some might say he was meek, but they did not truly know him. He was, after all, a Sinda of the old realm, a man of Eol's house, though Eol had perished centuries ago. He still had the power to appear confident.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2006 12:26
Liniel gasped and turned qucikly at the new voice. Her green eyes wide as she looked upon the man suddenly before them. She didn't reply for a moment trying to get her wits back together.

"Greetings, sir," she hesitated then, pushing back her annoying short hair, "I would first know who you are, then perhaps I will tell you my business." She then quickly added, "To be fair, I am Liniel, sir.."
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2006 07:37
Also Faenor turned round quickly. He hadn't been aware of anyone else before. This happened not very often. Normally his senses were really sharp when he was in nature. He wasn't aware of the fact that he was so concentrated on the little conversation with Liniel. But as she told him about her parents he could feel her pain. There was something more about it, he was sure....

"Greetings!", also Faenor replied. "My name is Faenor and I have no real business. Just a short break in this wonderful country." He looked at Daenion. "Have you been behind us for a long time already?", he asked, looking a bit suspicious. But this was only the shock of not seeing him before.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2006 01:23
"Not too long," Daenion attempted in reply to Faenor's question, trying to sound nonchalant. The woman was looking at him with wide emerald eyes, utterly captivating; he felt as a fly suspended in amber. Turning his attention back to Faenor, he added, "You have nothing to fear from me, Master Faenor, I am no enemy." The words felt foul in his mouth--he was reminded distantly of a day long in the past when he had stood over a pile of elves, sword darkened in their life .

But that was not today. Not now. He was simply Daenion now, and kinslaying was a distant memory. "I am Daenion," he introduced himself, slippind back into reality. "I am a guest in Elrond's house, for the time being. Is that where you were headed?"
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2006 02:52
Liniel felt uncomfortable with these new, unfamiliar people around her. So use to being alone she didn't know what to do with herself. She listened to Daenion and Faenor converse for a moment, her eyes never leaving the new stranger. He said he was no enemy, she believed him, but it seemed his past was just as dark as her's if not darker.

"Yes, we are headed there," Liniel was then unsure, she supposed she should invite him to come along since they were all going in the same direction, but she didn't know what was going to happen once they reached the actually city. Would she breakdown? Or face her past? There are relatives of hers in the city, when she found them what would they think, say and do?

Well, perhaps a couple a new friends is what she needed to help her through. Hoping that these two would stay her friends. She would have to risk it.

"You may join us if you wish Daenion, we are almost to the gates anyway." she finally said softly, playing with the top button on her shirt.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2006 01:50
Faenor hadn't meant to look like that at Daenion. Normally he took everyone as he or she is. So he apologised: "I'm soory. I didn't mean to offend you. I'm sure you're not an enemy."

As he heard Liniel invite Daenion to join them, he silently agreed. This was the right thing to do. The two of them seemed to be quite nice. Perhaps so his stay in Rivendell would last a bit longer or it just wouldn't be boring.

But he felt that Liniel didn't really feel comfortable in the little group. She seemed to be a bit nervous. That was the reason why he finally said: "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go to Rivendell!"
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2006 12:48
Liniel nodded in response, and turned to continue the short journey. She remained silent, and kept her eyes on the ground, still abstant-mindedly fiddling with her top button. Her mind was on fire with 'what if's' and old memories. The closer they got, the more nervous she became.

Then the tangible gates of Rivendell were suddenly only a few yards away. Liniel stopped dead in her tracks, and stared at them her green eyes wide once more, became unfocused. She suddenly sucked in a quick breath.

"I ... I can't," she shook her head quickly, "I.. can't do this.. " Liniel closed her eyes and gritted her teeth, "I'm sorry.. I.."

There was an all out battle being fought within her. To either leave and never come back or to just face it. Many have told her to just get over it; it happened so long ago. But she couldn't, the experience had been different for her than for her brother and sister- she had be young, innocent, everyone had loved her, and she was protected from death and killing. But everything in her life completely changed after ... after her mother ... died. Liniel felt the tears coming, but she stopped them. She had cried enough over this.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2006 01:51
Daenion had been taken off guard by the two elves' obvious trust and acceptance--he'd never encountered such a thing before. Growing up in Doriath had been a less than savoury experience, and then the kinslaying, and everything after. It was startling.

He followed behind Liniel and Faenor up to the gates, and when Liniel halted, stuttering that she couldn't, he came up beside her, puzzled. The look in her eyes was one of near panic, as if a battle waged in her head, maybe even her heart.

"What is wrong?" he asked, unsure of how to behave.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2006 06:16
Also Faneor didn't know what to do. The panic in Liniel's eyes made him stop immediatelly.

"Can we halp you?", he asked shortly after Daenion. His blue eyes were filled with worry.

What had really happened to her?!, he asked himself. He now was completely sure that she didn't tell them the whole story of her past. Of course he didn't blame her, but now he felt very helpless.

He looked sidesways to Daenion. He also didn't seem to know what to do. Nevertheless his eyes were fixed on him, like he wanted to say, do something.

He really wanted to help Liniel, but couldn't get a clear thought. So he just watched the other two and hoped that she would be alright any minute again.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2006 01:20
Liniel could feel their worry and confusion. It made her feel awful for doing this to them. This was her problem not theirs! Face it Liniel! Face it! She kept screaming in her head, she bottled up her emotions, like she always did. She had to do this - no turning back now.

Her eyes opened again, the green pools calm once more, but their sadness remained. She looked between the two men beside her and hung her head.

"Forgive me for worrying you so. A panic from the past took me, but I am well again. I know I must enter this place forbidden to me for so long." she sighed her head rising again to look at the city intangled in the forest before her. "Come, let us go."

Her voice became soft again as she lead the way through the gates. It took her a few mintues to realize she was holding her breath, and she quickly let it out once they past.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2006 02:20
Forbidden? Daenion puzzled. Was it a self-imposed exile, or one in place by powers beyond her? Stepping to her side as they passed the gates, he said, "Lady..."

She glanced across to him.

"Are you barred from entering here, Lady?" he asked honestly. Such a concept piqued his interest--he'd been exiled, or banished, he supposed it was, from Rivendell once. Until Erestor spoke with Elrond. Now the Noldorin lord merely ignored his presence in his halls.

[Edited on 11/5/2006 by pitya]
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2006 03:06
Liniel shook her head, "No one has banished me from this place but myself." she replied, then took a look around the faintly familiar setting of her once home, "But now I return, hoping it will ... well.. I'm not sure what I want out of it, or what I'll get out of this. I suppose I want .. freedom." she sighed, "I ramble ... I suggest we find rooms to sleep in, I know they have enough."

The company continued to walk through the forest city, Liniel automatically knowing which way to turn as she led. The city and its many twists and turns, stairways and bridges had always been kept at the back of her mind all these years.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2006 12:45
Faenor was glad that Liniel now went on. Nevertheless he would have liked to know why she had banished herself from here. But he didn't dare to asked.

The path they went was wonderful, surrounded by huge trees. The magic of Rivendell. He always loved it to be here. He felt himself like wandering through a dream every time he visited Rivendell. Also his companions didn't talk.

He just went after Liniel. She seemed to know the way very well. Then he asked: "How long have you been away from here?!"
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2006 01:26
Liniel stopped herself again, realizing that she was leading the way suddenly, and knew where she was going. She turned slightly to look upon Faenor who asked the question that caught her attention.

"I've been away for ... well I've lost count how many years, a few hundred no doubt... a very long time indeed." she sighed, "I guess the landscape and the lay-out of the city never left my mind." she shrugged then continued walking.

As they passed one of the winding hallways an elf woman with long dark hair and grey-green eyes was coming down it and spotted the travelers. She paused and had a double-take to Liniel. Quickly she followed behind the three trying to get a better glimpse at her.

"Wait!" she finally spoke. The three would stop, and as Liniel turned her eyes grew as the other elf's mouth dropped.
"L-Liniel?...." the woman whispered.

"Hello cousin Nimthera," she said lowering her eyes.

"You ... you're ... you cut your hair!!!" Liniel's eyes shot up as her cousin ran forward and ran a hand over her short black hair, "It had been so long and pretty... and ..." suddenly Nimthera hugged her tight, "I'm glad you're back." she sighed.

Liniel rather awkwardly hugged her as well then held her cousin tighter. She had missed Nimthera, she had been her best friend way back when.

"Oh! Baby Liniel!" Liniel blushed at her nickname, "Wait until everyone hears-" Nimthera stopped suddenly noticing the two men beside her, "Oh forgive me travelers who are you?"
Liniel made the introductions.
"This it Faenor, and Daenion .. friends of mine.." she said hesitantly not sure if they wanted to be called friends just yet.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2006 02:47
As Faenor heard someone call "Wait!", he immediatelly stopped. He hasn't counted on that. But when he saw another Elvish woman, he smiled.

He could see the astonishment in the faces of both Elves. After the warm welcome Liniel seemed to be a bit relieved. He still didn't know why she had paniced before entering Rivendell, but it was obvious that she felt a bit better.

"Hello!", he said to Nimthera. "Nice to meet you." He couldn't think of anything else to say. So he just stood there, watching the Elves and waited for them to start their way.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2006 12:27
Daenion was rather startled at Liniel calling him a friend, though not unpleased. It was simply strange--his last friend had died in the Second Kinslaying. It was good to see Liniel smile, especially after what she had told them, about remaining away for so many years. Daenion recognized Nimthera vaguely, as one is bound to when one has lived in the same city with someone for years. He just hoped Nimthera was not one of those who deemed him a curse, as some were bound to do in Rivendell, though they little knew the truth of their words. "I think her hair looks fine," he growled, for lack of anything else to say.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2006 02:10
"Pleasure to meet you both," Nimthera said, though as she took another look at Daenion he seemed familiar but she couldn't place him at the moment, for her mind's attention was mainly on her little cousin.

Liniel had glanced at Daenion as well, having heard his small comment on her hair. She didn't know why but it made her smile ever so slightly. But before she could even say thank you, Nimthera cut in.

"Where were you three heading?"

"To the guest quarters to find places to sleep and clean up." she replied.

"Well you must stay with us Liniel. My parents will be over joyed in seeing you, so will my brother. He finally got married you know..." her cousin chattered on a bit more about the family until Liniel stopped her.

"Please Nimthera, we can discuss everything later. But all the while my friends grow more weary."

"Oh of course, of course, how rude of me. You remember the way?" Liniel nodded, "All right then, come by later." her cousin then left.

Liniel suddenly became weary herself. She knew everyone would be so incredibly thrilled to see her and ask her every question they could think of, but right then she didn't want to deal with that. She wanted to find comfortable clothes and sit in a quiet room to think.

"Sorry about my cousin. She always was the talker." she said to her two companions, sighing. She then finally took them to the guest rooms, and they were both given one. "I hope you find comfort here," she said to both before they left, "Wash up, eat, and relax or go explore. ... oh and thank you for putting up with me for this short distance."
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2006 10:41
Unsure how to respond, Daenion simply nodded, then turned and left silently. It was how he was accustomed to do things--he came and went quietly. Things always went better that way. With a sort of gladness he hoped he'd see them again soon, perhaps at dinner; Liniel seemed to be a bit more relaxed after seeing her cousin (what a chatterbox, Daenion thought) and finding her rooms. Perhaps this visit would be easier than what she seemed to anticipate.

He was startled to run into Erestor on his way down the hall.

"Daenion?" the counselor halted him with a small smile. "I did not know you were here. I daresay it's been a while since I've seen you in these halls."

Daenion shifted, aware of Faenor down the hallway. "Aye. You have been busy, no doubt."

Erestor caught the uncomfortablilty of the slightly taller elf, trying to overcompensate in normalcy, and nodded. "Yes, I suppose...Does Elrond know you are here?"

"Nay. Not yet." But I'm sure he will now.

The counselor nodded. "I will inform him."

"You would."

Erestor instantly countered-- "Only so he is not surprised when he sees you. It will save him a reaction."

"Of course." Anger mixed with guilt took hold of him, and swiftly Daenion turned and disappeared into his rooms.
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2006 08:47
(Hey, I ended up not finding time to join this rpg, and I'm having some crap in rl going on so I haven't really been feeling up to rpging lately either. ^_^ sry)
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2006 11:21
As the three of them were taken to the rooms, Faenor only used the time to throw his travel cloak on the bed. Then he went outside and down the hallway.

At the other end he saw Daenion talking to another Elf. They seemed to know each other, but he didn't think of it long, even though something mysterious was about Daenion.

But Faenor himself wanted to meet someone he hadn't seen for about three years, when he last left Rivendell.

He went through the gardens whcih shone in wonderful coulours and the smell of flowers was all around him.

Then he reached a space with banks. And there he saw her. Her long dark hair was flowing in the wind as she sat there, silently watching the sky.

Faenor was quite nervous, but then he took a deep breath and went to the Elven Lady. He said: "Hello Elea!"

The young woman knew immediatelly who was standing beside her, only because of the sound of his voice. She turned round and looked into dark blue eyes. "Faenor....", she whispered. "You really came back!" Tears were glittering in her brown eyes as she fell in his arms.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2006 11:51
Liniel stood in front of her aunt and uncle's door, now clothed in a very simple light blue dress, the entire family waiting inside. She could hear them chatting and laughing like they always did. Back then she would have been skipping inside and singing a song to them. Now it felt like she was walking into a strangers house. Liniel didn't know how to act or talk to them.... Sighing she finally opened the door, but before she could even close it behind her her cousin Eathien had picked her up and swung her around gently seating her in an over-stuffed chair in their gathering room.

Right away she was bombarded with questions, and introduced to new members of the family, like Nimthera's husband and Eathien's wife. She tried to keep her wits together as everything around happened quickly but it suddenly became silently when her Aunt asked.

"Are Millera and Dantred with you?" she inquired about Liniel's sister and brother. Liniel shook her head in response.

"I actually had hoped that they might be here... but I... I guess not." her family then shook their heads, and Liniel became as sullen as ever.

"I can't believe they left you out on your own baby-Lin. It must have been hard suriviving out there. We're so glad you decided to come home." At this Liniel became angry.

"I'm not a baby anymore!! I have survived out in the world for hundreds of years now!! I have seen things you will probably never see!! I have only come back to conquer my nightmare and then I'll probably leave again!!" she began to storm out but before opening the door she turned, "This place ... is no longer a home to me ... " she was about to say something else, but shook her head and quickly walked out. Leaving her family dumbfounded inside.

Tears slowly slid down her eyes, but Liniel didn't noticed them as she walked away from the homes. Her feet took her to the guest rooms where she stopped, ran into the room across from Daenion, and slammed the door behind her. Liniel leaned on the door her head back, her hands coming up to hide her face. She knew what she did was probably the wrong thing to do, but it had made her so angry that they couldn't see that she had grown up immensely. Liniel needed to be away from Rivendell more ... right? ....

pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2006 02:41
Daenion openned his door right as Liniel closed hers, on his way out to the stables. However, with the ominous sound of an (almost) door-slam, he paused, unsure. Was Liniel alright? He saw the shadow under the door, indicating she was still standing in front of the door inside, not moving.

Relationship had never been Daenion's strongpoint, at least not in this age. He couldn't remember the last time he'd actually had any sort of relationship with anyone. There was Sindon... But no, he would not think of his fallen comrade. Relationships were no business of his, and so he turned to leave.

But something stopped him. Mere yards from Liniel's door, he could still see the unmoving shadow of her feet. Valar (as if he had any right to swear by them), but his head was confused. Finally, unsure whether he was doing the right thing or not, he walked to Liniel's door and knocked. "It is Daenion, my lady."
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2006 03:57
As Liniel stood there arms now crossed, tears just silently sliding down her cheeks, her unfocused eyes staring at the floor there was suddenly a knock behind her. It abruptly brought her from her trance with a soft gasp.

"It is Daenion, my lady."

Daenion? She wondered, it suddenly dawned on her that he was just across the hall, he obviously had heard her rather loud entrance. Quickly wiping at her streaked cheeks, Liniel opened the door to see a somewhat confused Daenion peering down at her. She sighed slightly.

"Hello Daenion ... sorry if I disturbed you." she spoke softly, leaning on the doorway, "Its.. just been a tough day," a tear escaped from the corner of her eye, and she cleared her throat, "I think I need to get my mind off of ... things." she pushed her hair off her face, "And ... I think.. need a walk or something."

As she actually started to leave, she wasn't two feet away from him when she suddenly whirled around and asked rather embarrassedly.

"You wouldn't want to join me would you?" she said, feeling foolish that she had forgotten her manners.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2006 05:16
Daenion hadn't even noticed he was about to be left behind--people often did such things to him, when he talked to people. It didn't even faze him.

"You wouldn't want to join me would you?"

The question took him off guard.

"I...Well, I..." he stumbled awkwardly, unsure how respond. Eventually, he managed, "Yes, of course." He could tell Liniel needed to move, to relax. "Perhaps, the gardens?"

Liniel agreed, and they started down the hallway.

"Might I ask..." Daenion began, unsure if he should be asking, but his curiosity got the better of him; "...Why were you crying?"
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2006 11:12
Liniel sighed softly, "I went to meet my family, and well for starters they did feel like a family anymore ... just people I've known from the past," her again pushed back her hair as they turned a corner, "Then they asked about my brother and sister, whom I haven't seen in a very long time. When I said they weren't with me they immediately thought that I must have been alone and scared, and could not have fend for myself. I'm the baby of the entire family, and was always the gentle, quiet one and everything was done for me. So of course they thought that. But it made me mad that they didn't even consider that I had grown up."

By now the two of them had reached the beautiful gardens of Rivendell, and Liniel took a moment to soak the site in before adding.

"I ended up yelling at them, and saying Rivendell was no longer my home. And now I feel bad..." she glanced at Daenion and sighed, "I don't think I've ever told someone my problems before ... thanks for listening...if there's anything you want to tell me feel free.." a very small smile crossed her lips for an instant.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email