Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Where is home?
on: May 19, 2006 04:45
Liniel was the first person to surprise him like this in years--first befriending him, and now offering to listen? He almost couldn't believe it was real. Weighing the situation, he paused; he hadn't told anyone in the new-formed Middle Earth much of anything. After all, what would they say? ((sorry, he's just a little taken off guard)) Eventually he managed, "...I'm sure they will come to understand in time." With a small smile, "It was years before my family realized..." How to put this delicately? "...realized I was no longer a child." Realized I was capable of slaughter.

"You see, I grew up in Doriath."

Liniel seemed rather taken aback at his age.

He smiled slightly at it. "My father fell to the shadow before I was born, and I was raised as...as fragile, I guess." He glanced away. "It was only later, after I had ventured out and returned, they saw me for what I was."
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2006 06:33
Liniel could sense what he said was not every detail to his story, but she didn't mind for she had done the same thing. She also noticed that he was not too use to company, as was she.

"It seems like we've had the same obstacle to face. Did your family ever understand?" she asked.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2006 09:28
Daenion almost laughed. "No, they did not. I was not a particularly likeable person." The idea of them having similar situations was ironic--he doubted she'd accomplished such great deeds as he had, slaughtering his kin. He still woke from nightmares with the guilt caught in his chest, and every glance Elrond sent him was a dagger through his eyes. But then, she seemed sad like him, rather withdrawn. "Do you often talk to others?" It was funny, but now that he started dialogue with another intelligent being, he didn't want to stop.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2006 03:18
Liniel now could only hope that in time her family would accept her again. But she knew this understanding would not come quickly. Perhaps if the same words came from either her brother or sister's mouths they would be more agreeable.

She finally stopped their wanderings through the gardens when she came upon a bench in the middle of the scenery. Once they had sat down Liniel answered the question.

"No, not often. Mostly because I travel alone, and I'm afraid when I talk to someone they will either misjudge me, or think I'm crazy." she actually rolled her eyes, "Conversation isn't my best skill, though talking to you seems easy." She also traveled alone because of her own nightmares of her mother, only recently had she taught herself not to scream when she woke. "What about yourself?" she asked next, absent- mindedly playing with a little white flower she had picked up along the way.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2006 05:57
Elea has gone back into her rooms after a short conversation. Faenor was sure to see her at dinner again, or, at least, the other day.
He sat there for a while watching the birds singing in the trees, as he heard voices familiar to him.
As he turnd his head around, he noticed Liniel and Daenion walking to another bench. They seemed to be in deep conversation.
First he didn't want to disturb them, but somehow he suddenly felt quite alone. So he decided to get up and join them.
As he reached the bench, he greeted them and asked to sit down. But as he saw Liniel's face, a feeling of worry rose in him and he gently asked: "What happened? Is everything all right?" He remembered her panic in the woods before Rivendell. Her face showed a comparable expression. She seemed to be very concerned about something.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2006 11:12
As Liniel waited for Daenion to answer, she noticed Faenor who suddenly appeared before them asking to sit down himself. She moved closer to Daenion so Faenor could sit beside her. When he asked if everything was all right Liniel nodded.

"Yes everything is fine now. Do not worry I just had an arguement with my family." she explained again pushing back a few strans of her hair.

Liniel cast a glance over at Daenion knowing he probably didn't want to talk about what they were in front of Faenor. So she smiled slightly at him, her eyes and expression saying- if he wanted, they would talk later.

"Where have you been Faenor?" she asked him politely.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2006 10:23
Faenor felt, that he had disturbed the two of them in a, perhaps, important conversation. Actually he wanted to go away again as Liniel asked him were he was.

First he was not sure how to answer, because he didn't want them to know all about this event. He was familiar with Rivendell and some of the people there. But he just said: "I've met someone I haven't seen for a few years now." He paused but then went on: "A good friend of mine."

He really had not planned to disturb their talk, so he sat there silently for a short moment and then said: "Well, I think it's better when I go now. Sorry to interrupt you. See you two at dinner?" And with these wors he got up from the bank.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2006 10:59
Liniel smiled slightly as Faenor said he had met a good friend. She was glad this trip was positive for at least one of them.

As he got up she nodded, "If you wish to leave, we will meet you again at dinner." She then handed him the little white flower she had been fiddling with, "Here, a small token of my gratitude for being my friend," she smiled again "but don't worry, you don't have to treasure it! Now go and have fun."

She felt happy for some reason, maybe it was because she finally found some people she could stand to be around.

Liniel then turned to Daenion, "I'll find you a small present as well ... but I'm not sure what right now. You'll have to wait." once more she smiled the dark sadness in her green eyes lifted for a moment to reveal their true beauty.

pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2006 12:55
Somehow, seeing the change in Liniel's face, in her eyes, made Daenion curious. Just what exactly made her so sad?

Turning his attention to Faenor just rounding a bend on his way departing, Daenion offered, rather awkwardly breaking the silence, "I wonder what made him so anxious to leave?" In truth, he had felt relieved to have another male with him; Eol and the sons of Feanor had taught him how women should be looked upon, and it was not properly. He'd learned better, over the centuries. But it still held the slightest tinge of awkwardness.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2006 08:31
Liniel shrugged, "I'm not sure, perhaps he had yet another engagement." she answered simply.

They sat in silence again for a moment. The silence between them was not overwhelmingly awkward, but awkward enough to make Liniel tried to think of something to say or ask. She was glad to have friends now but with friends comes responsibility. Liniel now had to worry about their feelings, and what they would think of her. Finally she said.

"I do wish to know more about you Daenion. .. uh.. how far have you traveled?" she brushed hair out of her eyes as she slightly blushed from her stumbling.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2006 03:48
Daenion was surprised by the question, and unsure how to answer. "Rather far. In Beleriand, from Nan Elmoth all the way down to the Bay of Belfalas..." Doriath, where the kinslaying had begun, and the Bay of Belfalas, where it had ended. "I made several trips to Numenor--before Sauron took hold--and I've traveled rather extensively here..." Slightly awkward, he confessed, "I wander, sometimes. Often." Looking to Liniel, "And you?"
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2006 11:09
Liniel thought for a moment, "I've only gone as far as Dol Amroth where I believe my brother is now, at least he was," she shrugged, suddenly wondering where on earth her sister was, "I do wish I could find where my two siblings are..." she sighed as she trailed off. "I'm sorry," she said shaking her head to get rid of her thoughts, "Another example of my great conversation skills." she said sarcastically.

Glancing again at Daenion she said, "Thanks again for talking with me, but perhaps now we should start to head to dinner. By the time we get there it should be ready." she suggested.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2006 07:30
After Faenor had left the other two in the gardens, he went straight up to his room. There he sat silently on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He felt strange. He dearly loved this place, but something was different.... Or, he thought, perhaps Elea has changed. She hadn't been so quiet before. In his thoughts he still could see the two of them doing crazy things together, having a lot of fun. He wished he could help her.

Then he thought that it was time for dinner. He put on new clothes, a black shirt in good quality, and went down to the hall. But Elea was nowhere. He couldn't see her anyway. Also the other two weren't there yet. So Faenor decided to sit down at an empty table. There he waited for the others two come, while he satisfied his thirst.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2006 10:44
When the pair entered the dining hall, the first person Daenion spotted was Lord Elrond. He sat at the head table, raised on a dias, surrounded by his friends and family. The very sight of it made Daenion sick, and he quickly glanced away.

The next thing he noted was Faenor sitting alone at an empty table. "Perhaps," he suggested to Liniel, "We might...sit with...him?" He did not like to subject others to his presence, when it was possible to avoid it. But Faenor, and Liniel, seemed rather nice, so he dared to venture it.

Sitting down at the table, Faenor glanced up, and Daenion caught his eye on --something was there, something nameless. And Daenion wanted to know what it was.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2006 01:01
Liniel raised an eyebrow at Daenion noticing his edginess when he saw Lord Elrond. She sighed in her head, more secrets, but right now she didn't want to know them.. She was hungry, it had been a long trip for her.

Sitting down she nodded to Faenor, "Hello again Faenor," she uttered, as food was placed on the table, and drinks served. Liniel started to eat, filling her empty stomach, after a sip of water she remarked, "Best meal I've had in ... months! It's actually warm," she sighed contently.

As they continued to enjoy the food, Liniel glanced around the room of elves and travelers. Her eyes rested on Lord Elrond for a moment, noticing that he hadn't changed much, still professional, but happy, still high class, but caring. Suddenly his gray eyes met her green almost by fate, and she stiffened. The Lord of Imladris seemed to be searching for her name and face in his memory as they continued to stare at each other, eventually his eyes brightened, and he broke into a smile while Liniel became worried.

Elrond had always cared for her when she was young. He knew of her past, and probably why she was here. Before he could come over and make a scene with her, she got up excusing herself, and walked over to the half-elf. She bowed to him first.

"Lin!" he grinned, then stood up and walked around the table to actually give her a hug. This only made Liniel stiffen more.

"Good evening my lord," she finally replied slipping from his embrace. He stepped back and took a look at her.

"You cut your hair!" Liniel rolled her eyes, which made Elrond laugh slightly.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2006 01:24
When Liniel rose, Daenion's eyes followed her--right to Lord Elrond. Quickly he glanced away, fearful the half-elf might see him. The lord's rich voice rang in the hall as he greeted her, though Daenion was keen to block it out. Liniel hadn't told him she knew Elrond personally, and it irked him.

"You left earlier," Daenion tried, looking to Faenor.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2006 01:47
"Please come join me at my table," Elrond requested, but Liniel shook her head.

"No thank you my lord. I.. I have friends here whom I am sitting with."

"Who?" he asked, but Liniel remembering Daenion's annoyance with seeing the Lord of Rivendell early quickly dodged the question.

"Do not worry yourself with my friends' identities. T-Tell me how is your family?" As he said a few things about his children and friends, Liniel glanced over at Daenion and Faenor who seemed to be having light conversation. Though she knew Daenion probably wouldn't be happy with her, for whatever reason.

"Why have you come back?" his sudden question brought her back from her thoughts.

"You don't know?" she asked sullenly. Elrond's eyes suddenly grew sad but full of understanding.

"When will you go?"

"I was hoping ... tomorrow, but I .. I don't now if I'll be able to go through with it."

"Very well, but take someone with you, please. I don't want anything to happen to you." Liniel nodded becoming nervous suddenly, she then quickly said farewell and headed back to the table. As she sat down her friends glanced her way, but she said nothing to them now. Liniel just sat in deep thought wondering if she should tell them or even ask them to come with her to her mother's resting place.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2006 11:12
"You left earlier."

Faenor turned around and looked at Daenion. Then he said: "Yeah, I thought you would prefer to be alone. You two had a deep conversation." He wasn't sure if he should talk about anything else of the day. After a break he finally simply said: "And....I....I needed a few moments for my own." These words brought him back to his worries about Elea, but he didn't want to talk about her, not yet.

After a while Liniel came back again. She sat down without saying a word. Her eyes again looked sad and she seemed to worry very much about something. Faenor didn't want to ask anything, because he himself wasn't the perfect talker. So he just sat there and hopes that Daenion would break the silence....
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2006 04:06
((Sorry but I'm going on vacation for two weeks and i'm not sure whether or not i'll be in contact with a computer. I'll post as soon as i get back, you two can still rp without me of course. So long for now!))
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 09:35
(I found a computer!))

Liniel watched her friendsboth seeming somewhat uncomfortable now. She sighed and finally said.

"Don't worry about Lord Elrond, I feel we're not as close as before, though it may not seem so. But I had to talk to him or he would have come over here and probably make a scene and announce that I was back and ask me to sing!" she suddenly stiffened but then said, "Tomorrow I'm going to my mother's resting place," she said sadly, " If either of you want to come with me I would appreciate it but I won't force you... I just need someone with me and after what happened with my family I don't think I could ask one of them."
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 12:16
Daenion was wary--it was only a matter of time before Elrond spotted him with Liniel, and told her about him, about what a monster he was. That word had stuck with him through the years, the name Elrond had called him when the Lord was only a boy in the Havens, and he could not help but remember it whenever Elrond was around.

"I cannot say..." Daenion stated simply. Then curiosity got the better of him. "How did she die?"

[Edited on 14/6/2006 by pitya]
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 01:16
Liniel's eyes filled with sadness and she turned away to look out the window. Her voice grew soft, but she had to tell them she had to get this off her mind.

"We, my mother brother sister and I, were all out in the forest enjoying the weather. We'd hearrd that there had been an orc raid but they said it was under control.. that they had retreat..." she swallowed, "They were wrong, we were ambushed by .. three or four I-I don't remember how many there were. Our mother pushed us to run faster and faster... I was still young and was falling behind." she closed her eyes, "I shouldn't have looked back I.. shouldn't have looked back," she repeated a few times, "My mother had tried to slow them down for us, and for our lives she gave her own and ... was slaughtered... " Liniel was shaking terribly her mouth felt dry and she'd turn white as a sheet. "I've never told anyone.. I.."
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2006 01:50
Daenion did not know how to respond. "...I am sorry."

A slightly awkward silence descended, and eventually Daenion looked to Faenor. "How are you in Rivendell? Why did you come?"
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 11:09
((Sorry, I also was on vacation....))

Faenor had listened carefully and with sadness to Liniel's report about her past. Then Daenion asked him about the reason for his visit in Rivendell. But before he answered it, he turned to Liniel and said: "I'm really sorry for your mother and I can imagine how you must feel." For a short time, he looked down to the ground.
Then Faenor took a deep breath and went on: "The reason why I'm here.... Well, in fact it's a bit connected to you story, Liniel...." He paused to order his thoughts and then said: "These orcs, you've talked of.... Your mother wasn't the only one who was caught. As a young boy I was raised here in Rivendell. I really loved this place and as I grew older I met an Elf maiden, so beautiful. I fell in love, but knew, that as a Man, I wouldn't have any chance to ever marry her. So we met in hidden places, also in the forest. I've waited here for her at this special day, when I heard a cry. I knew it was Elea, the Elf maiden, and so I ran as fast as I could. I found traces on the ground, of orcs. i followed them for about three days. Then, as I found them, I saw Elea, tortured. I somehow managed it in my anger to free her. I put her on the back of my horse and rode back to Rivendell. There I left her in the care of the Elves."
His voice began to tremble.
"I knew that they would never allow me to see her again, because it was in a way my falut that she was hurt that badly. So I packed my few things and rode away from my dear Rivendell, and from Elea. I didn't stand it anymore, so I came back, well, and met you here. And yesterday I've seen Elea, more beautiful than ever. So, I'm not really kenn on meeting another Elf here, also not Elrond."
This was the firt time he told this story to someone else. But somehow he felt, that he could trus them.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 04:50
Daenion smiled slightly--life had made suckers of them all. "Does she still love you?" he asked. Love was a rather foreign concept, and he could not fathom loving a mortal: they would pass so quickly.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2006 04:43
As the sun was setting Liniel saw Elrond out of the corner of her eye. He and others had gotten up and were all heading for the Hall of Fire. She quickly looked away knowing he was giving her that look .. that look of encouragement of kindness. She sighed forgetting for a moment her friends who also spoke of depressing things. Maybe for once she could laugh again, she really hadn't for a long time. Her new found friends had given her joy, but she still didn't trust them like she didn't trust anyone.

However, she had no one to laugh with, no close friends to be with and laugh about nothing. Everyone was a stranger now, like she'd said this wasn't her home anymore. She began to grow angry with herself for being so isolated, and depressing. Why couldn't she lighten up and have fun again?

Looking back at her companions, they both looked sober and sullen. Glancing at Elrond who was still there watching her, only her his hand extended slightly telling her to come. Liniel shifted uncomfortably she pushed black hair out of her face. Then suddenly she stood.

"Please forgive me gentlemen for cutting our conversation short. But ... but I wish to take my mind of sad things for just one night. If either of you wish you may follow me to the Hall of Fire I will not stop you. If not I bid you good-night," she took a breath, "I hope both of you will come ... " she then stood awkwardly before them before turning and walking to Elrond grabbing his hand as she gave a small bow of respect to him. The lord just smiled guiding her away.

((Sorry for not posting sooner!))
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2006 10:29
Faenor watched Liniel standing up. The Hall of Fire.... He had been there for many happy hours in his life. It sounded great.

So he turned to Daenion: "I think a bit of fun will do us good, too. Will you also come?"

Then he also said: "And to answer your last question. I can't tell you, if she still loves me. She is kind of strange since I'm back. But I won't give up hope! And somehow I think.... yes, she still loves me."
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2006 05:01
Daenion smiled. "Perhaps she will be in the Hall," he offered. "I am not much one for singing, socializing..." Too many people knew him. "I don't think--" Then he thought better of it: why not? He could pull his hood up, and be discreet. "I don't think I could let myself miss it."

Rising, the pair followed the train of elves out the archway and into the Hall. Daenion pulled up his hood as they met the crowd, and kept on the outskirts.

[Edited on 3/7/2006 by pitya]
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2006 01:25
Once inside the Hall Elrond left Liniel's side for a moment, needing to talk with others. So she took the opportunity to take in the great Hall of Fire and smiled slightly. It was always a place of welcome .. of comfort. She soon spotted Faenor, but could not find Daenion, though a dark figure in the corner caught her eye.

An elf's singing immediately took her attention and she watched and listened intently, not knowing that a smile had crept onto her lips. When he had finished and others were complimenting him Elrond himself came up behind her.

"Will you not sing for us tonight?" he asked.

Liniel gasped and quickly turned to see the lord's still youthful face. She cast her eyes to the floor.

"I ... I cannot, it's been so long ... and it wouldn't feel right." she answered.

"No? Very well, but many have missed your voice Liniel. And besides when was the last time you showed-off a little?" Elrond smiled, knowing that Liniel has had a depressing life.

Liniel bit her lip, she did want to have some fun tonight. Perhaps a song would lift her spirits. She nodded, then slowly moved to a musician who was playing for the singers. Before she did anything she caught Faenor's eye and gestured for him to come over, for she wanted some support. Then Liniel whispered to the musician, he grinned, and began to play.

Liniel no doubt had a talent for singing. She quickly drew a crowd around her as her heavenly voice rang out rather proud and strong. She sung about traveling, hope, friends, and hardships a look of complete content and happiness on her face.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2006 04:58
Daenion was amazed at Liniel's voice--something about it inspired absolute confidence within him. It did not matter the fear he felt, the guilt, or even the anger. He stepped closer, wanting to see her face.

He drew too close: Elrond saw him. Saw him, and recognized him.

Instantly Daenion withdrew, pulling to the shadows in the back of the hall; Erestor was at Elrond's side and noticed Daenion's sudden disappearance, surmising who had upset his lord. Silently he slipped away and approached the guilty one. They were just out of earshot of those at the other end of the hall listening to Liniel--she sang on beautifully.

"Daenion?" Erestor asked, melding with the shadows of the fire.

He hesitated, then boldly challenged, "I have as much a right as you to stand in this Hall, Erestor. Tell your lord if he wishes me gone then to speak to me in person."

"Daenion, I--"

"It is a poor host who will not throw out an unwanted himself!" He knew he shouldn't be speaking so, but that was the only way to defend himself. He was guilty, and would leave if Elrond asked; but now he had friends in Rivendell, and a reason to desire to stay, apart from food and rest.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2006 08:33
The warmth of the Hall of Fire unfolded Faenor as he entered. Everything was like it had been the last time he was here. Nothing had changed. He felt for the first time really comfortable. He looked round, Daenion next to him. He wore his hood so that you couldn't see his face.

Faenor searched for Elea, but he couldn't see her in the crowd. Instead he caught Liniel's eyes. She couldn't mean this seriously, could she?! But Faenor took a deep breath and went to her. She needed support and he would give it to her.

Her voice was incredible!!!! She sang really wonderful.

But then something else took his attention. Someone went to Daenion and he didn't seem quite happy. Who was this Elf? He pulled Liniel's arm and looked into Daenion's direction.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2006 07:46
Liniel had just finished her song on a lovely high note, her audience applauding her and telling her to sing again, when Faenor pulled at her arm. She looked to Daenion puzzled at what was taking place. Liniel lightly touch Faenor's arm saying softly.

"I'll find out what's wrong," so she began to head for Elrond who didn't look happy himself. Others were complimenting her, and she would smile and thank them but pushed forward to reach the Lord of Rivendell.

"What's the problem my lord?"

Elrond turned quickly to her, his features softening, "Nothing Liniel, go and sing again.." his eyes then turned back to Daenion.

"Something the matter with Daenion, Lord Elrond?" she asked.

"You know him!?" he said highly surprised. She nodded.

"He is my friend-"

"You may not speak with him again!"

"What? Why not?" she asked frustrated.

"He is not who you think he is."

"I may see whom I wish my lord. So far he's been nothing but kind and a friend. I see nothing wrong with him," Liniel quickly stormed away, heading straight for Daenion, and thankfully another elf had started to sing so she didn't attract much attention.

"Daenion," she finally said when she was in front of him, looking very confused, "What is going on? Lord Elrond has just told me never to speak to you again!"

pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2006 02:24
Daenion was startled and hit with a slight sense of panic: where had this come from? Liniel had been singing, and now...
Erestor had turned from the woman back to him, harsh eyes heightening his anxiety. "I..." Elrond's gaze was on him as well, warning him.

A sudden defiance sparked: they could not control him like this. Looking Liniel straight in the eye, unwavering, he stated, "Elrond tells you not to speak with me because you shouldn't. He is wise, and you ought to listen."

Liniel started, "But--"

"I have slaughtered my own kin, Liniel. That is when they saw what I really was: a monster. I do not know if you have heard tales of the Sons of Feanor, or of Eol, the dark elf" --Elrond had started in his direction-- "But I was involved in both. I helped Eol keep his own son prisoner, and then told him when he left so he could hunt him down. I fought with the sons of Feanor and attacked my own home in Doriath, I darkened my hands in the Second Kinslaying for which the gods never forgave us, then moved on to the Havens. I slew Elrond's attendants." The Lord of Imladris was there, and Daenion looked him in the eye, "I would have slain Elrond, too--he was not but three years old--had Maglor not stepped in."

Elrond seized him by the cloak and pulled him away, rage in his eyes. "Stay away from them!" the Lord barked, shoving him roughly toward the door, "Stay away from those I hold dear, or you shall find it a different situation than that at the Havens! It shall be you with the sword at your throat!"

Daenion paused, anger guiding him. Face stone, he snarled, "You need not worry yourself, Elrond. They know who I am now." He set his cloak back in place, then turned his back to him; "They know what a monster I am."

With that, Daenion left the hall, intent on finding his rooms, packing his bags, and getting as far away from this place as possible. He hadn't looked into Liniel's eyes, nor Faenor's, after he had finished. He didn't want to see their reaction, for it would only him further.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2006 08:01
Liniel stood still her eyes wide with fear and worry. Soon everything she had heard him say sunk in. Tears ran down her face, he ... he had killed his own ... he'd tried to murder Elrond himself ... but why ... what made him want to do such a thing. She watched as he was thrown out, just staring at the door where he had already disappeared.

Suddenly she felt warm hands on her shaking shoulders.

"I tried to warn you," she heard Elrond's caring voice, "Please stay away from him, he's a monster Liniel."

"Why? Why is he a monster? He .. he seemed fine, like any other traveler. You think he hasn't changed at all?" she said through her tears.

"I don't know, but he is still dangerous." Liniel suddenly turned.

"Dangerous? Maybe a few thousand years ago he was dangerous, but he hasn't threatened me once. People can change Lord Elrond, perhaps Daenion has. Yes he has done some completely horrific things, but maybe there's a reason - "

"Liniel, you don't understand! If he had the chance he would kill you without so much as a thought. I don't want you to get hurt."

"If I don't understand than I'm going to.." Liniel suddenly turned on her heels and went after Daenion ignoring Elrond's calls after her.

Lifting her dress slightly so she wouldn't trip, Liniel began to run, tears flying off her face as she tried to reach Daenion. She soon found his room with the door ajar, slowing down she opened it and looked inside to find Daenion packing.

"Daenion!" he turned, and would see a very out of breath Liniel, with tear-streaked cheeks, at his door, "I ... I want to know why .. why you've done such things .. was it money or.. or it gave you pleasure .. or .." she stopped to catch her breath, "And ... have you ..changed at all? .. " she asked walking inside the room more.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2006 05:33
Daenion was enraged, but the moment he heard Liniel's questions, saw the tear-streaks down her face, he could not keep up the shield guarding his spirit.

"... I want to know why .. why you've done such things .. was it money or.. or it gave you pleasure .. or .. And ... have you ..changed at all? .. "

He was still trying. "Does it make a difference what I did it for?" he barked. "Would it change things if I said I was forced to do such things, or that I did it out of self-preservation? It doesn't matter!"

Liniel started, "But--"

"I slew them Liniel! I knew what I was doing, and I did it anyway!"

"But why!"

"Because!" he shouted, "Because they despised me! My family knew what I would become to before I did, and they threw me away!" His voice grew softer, almost menacing. "They threw me away, and the only remedy I could find was in the sword; I proved them right. The sons of Feanor came with an offer of attack on Doriath, and I took it with greed. I wanted it. I wanted to slay them, and found pleasure when I did. Once I was cursed, I couldn't go back. There was no reason for me to stay;" a small, ironic smirk, "If you are already receiving capital punishment in Mandos, there is no reason to withold yourself. I continued on with the Cursed, and followed their cause. I had no excuse, Liniel. I did it because I could."

"Daenion--"

He knew what she wanted to hear, but could not give it to her. "You decide, Liniel. Do you think I have changed?" Defensive malice gleamed in his eyes--he always hid behind something.

[Edited on 9/7/2006 by pitya]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email