Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Where is home?
on: July 09, 2006 09:26
Liniel was silently for awhile. It was his own family, that hated him and pushed him away. Don't families usually try to do everything in their power to help a member like Daenion? Liniel didn't notice more warm tears sliding down her face. She too would have tried to take revenge if her family had just abandoned her. Her family was the only thing keeping her alive right now. She still shudders at the memories of her time in darkness, with only thoughts of suicide.

Had he changed? she thought. Was he still killing, was he, even now, plotting to murder Elrond, or even herself? She took a small step closer to him and finally said softly.

"Yes, you've changed. When I first saw you, I was wary like any traveler would be of a newcomer, but I did not fear you. When I broke down you did not leave ... like so many others have. When I was crying after I had that fight, you came to see if I was all right, though it may have been an awkward thing for you. You walked with me, talked with me, and for once I didn't feel like I was strange, or you would judge me, even if you did. You came to listen to me sing!" she paused, "I don't know about you, but in my book that is not the description of a monster. Though it could all be lies, and deception and I could wake up dead tomorrow. So be it, I was wrong ... but please ... don't make me wrong."

She covered her mouth with her hand as a sob escaped her. Liniel hated how she was crying, but she couldn't help it. Her black hair fell into her face as she bowed her head slightly the tears still dripping off her cheeks.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2006 11:51
Daenion felt as though he were looking at a green sun: no one had ever spoken to him so. It was always anger and curses, even his friend Sindon had turned on him in the end. He knew himself to be a monster, for everyone had told him so; but Liniel hadn't. She hadn't abandoned him. She was still standing before him, even after he had yelled his horrific deeds in her face. Somehow, it made him wonder who this woman was, and how she could be so.

Gently he inhaled, letting air fill his lungs. Tears were still falling down her face, and it struck him hard. He had made Liniel cry. "Liniel..." he tried, voice low. "Liniel, look at me..." She did, and her eyes were so honest, he had to pause. "...Thank you. For trusting me."

Then he remembered his previous endeavor of packing and leaving. He wasn't sure what to do now--he'd found the first person to trust him in centuries, but she had come to stay in the house of Elrond. Elrond, Lord of Imaldris. He was caught.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2006 01:00
Liniel stared at him and she had to smile. They both finally trusted each other. She quickly wiped away her tears, her crying now stopped as she took a deep breath and swallowed. On impulse, she actually hugged him, just happy that he wasn't angry anymore, that he trusted her, and that he remained her friend.

"Your welcome," she whispered, soon letting him go, "I think perhaps after a day or two, or after I visit my mother's resting place we'll leave, I know your not very fond of Lord Elrond." she teased lightly, "I can keep him away from you long enough but I think it would be a good idea to depart before anything more dramatic happens."
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2006 11:05
Faenor had followed all the things that had happened in the Hall of fire with his eyes. Liniel went to Elrond. He couldn'T here what they were talking about, but it seemed to be anything else thatn funny. Then, suddenly, Daenion ran out of the hall and not long after followed Liniel.

At first Faenor didn't know what to do. He stood just there, thinking. But then he decided to follow the other two, too. He found them where he had thought.

The were both standing in Daenion's room, deep in conversation. Still thinking if he should enter, Faenor heard them talk about their departure. He hold his breath. Then one thought after another came up. Should he also leave? Wasn't it better to stay? For Elea? But otherwise, wasn't it her that behaved strange?

He came to the conclution that it also would be the best for him to leave all behind and take some time to think it all over.

So he opened the door and went in, already saying: "Can I come with you?"
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2006 03:14
Daenion had been startled at Liniel's suggestion of departure, especially his sway in the decision. Then Faenor entered,

"Can I come with you?"

Taken off guard, Daenion didn't know how to respond; where had this come from? "...I...Yes, of course..." Remebering, "What of the mortal, you love? Surely you would not wish to leave her so quickly..."
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2006 10:31
Liniel's attention moved to Faenor in the doorway who asked if he could come. While Daenion answered Liniel nodded, smiling slightly, glad that both her friends would be coming with her on this journey. As Daenion asked of Faenor's love Liniel became concerned, he had said that he and Elea seemed to be having a few problems. But perhaps a little distance is what Faenor needed. Liniel watched him as she waited for him to reply.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2006 07:13
((Sorry that it took again such a long time. Only two weeks to go, then my work is over....))

Faenor heard Daenion's voice as if it came from far away. His thoughts really were directed to Elea. Was it the right decission to leave?!
Then he turned to his two new friends. Out of the corner of his eyes he had seen that Liniel had nodded at his question. Somehow he felt relieved.
"Well, of course I still love her...." It was too hard to explain, so he just said: "I need some distance from all these things here."
"Where are we going?", he then asked as nobody said anything.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2006 08:52
Liniel pondered Faenor's question, wondering where they should head first. After a moment she looked at her two companions and said.

"Well, perhaps we could head for Rohan. And then maybe even travel further to Dol Amroth. I know that's quite a journey but I've heard rumors that my brother dwells there. But this is just a sketch of the plan, do either of you have somewhere you like to go and visit?" she asked brushing some of her hair away from her face.

She was glad to be leaving Rivendell soon. Though one tiny part of her wished to stay a little longer, she had seen a few friends she hadn't seen in ages. But like her family they were strangers now, but it had been slightly nice to visit her old home. She knew that she would probably come back, if only to sing for the Rivendell elves.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2006 05:12
Daenion was understanding of Faenor's desire for space; he'd never been in love, but it seemed every pair of lovers had moments when they chose not to be together.

Daenion agreed, "I have no destination." I never do. "Somewhere far from Elrond, at any rate, and his kin." Even the young Elladan and Elrohir despised him. "The horsemasters are not overly accepting of strange races, but if your brother is there..."
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2006 07:14
"I also don't mind where we head for," Faenor replied. "Rohan sounds good, I love this country very much!"
So they had decided about this question. Silence was in the room. For Faenor it seemed that it took ages. After he couldn't stand it any longer, he said: "Let's meet tomorrow. I'm tired. I think a bit of a rest will do all of us good."
With these words he turned to the door in order to go to his room.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2006 05:44
Liniel agreed with Faenor saying, "Yes, rest sounds good. Good night, oh but if either of you wish to accompany me to my mother's grave tomorrow I will be going in the early morning. But if you'd like to sleep in I understand completely," she smiled slightly, glad that they would stay with her, and that they had picked a destination.

Leaving the two to their own rooms, Liniel found hers and sighed contently as she softly closed the door behind her. It had been quite an emotional day, sleep sounded wonderful. After slipping into a cotton night gown she climbed into bed, and for once fell into a peaceful sleep.

Liniel woke just as the sun was peeking over the horizon. She dressed herself in a light green long sleeved dress, which was again simple. Before leaving she took the arrangement of flowers that were sitting in a vase on a desk. Slowly she emerged from her room and began to walk down the hallways of Rivendell. Her green eyes drifted to her friends' doors and she smiled, 'Let them sleep,' she thought. All of Rivendell seemed to have her mood, respectful yet sad, as the wind hummed through the trees. Once she arrived, the flowers leaning on the headstone, Liniel felt relieved and let out the breath she held..
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2006 03:49
Faenor went slowly to his room. He had a lot to think about. What was so different about Elea?! Or better say who changed her?! Or was something wrong with him?!

He soon found out that he wouldn't be able to find quiet sleep. After a very long night he couldn't stand it any longer to stay in the room. So Faenor took his cloak and went out into the gardens, even before the sun rose. He wandered around, breathing in the fresh air. It somehow comforted him.

As the first flashes of light shone through the trees, Faenor rembered Liniel's last words. Beofre he went out of her room he night before she said that they could accompany her to her mother's grave. In the evening he had only nodded. But now now he decided to join her.

Liniel already stood beside the grave as Faenor reached her. "This silence is wonderful," he whispered, "isn't it?!"
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2006 08:29
Liniel turned slowly to look at Faenor, then back to the grave. She nodded.

"Yes, it is very peaceful. Thank you for coming Faenor," she smiled slightly, glancing at him again before kneeling down close to the stone, her fingers carefully touching the engraved letters of her mothers name. Villisa daughter of Arnuion is said along with the dates of her birth and death. Below this Liniel read, Loving Mother, her thumb gliding arcoss the words while a few tears rolled down her cheeks. But she smiled.

"I am happy that I came here. I now feel relieved, and I know nightmares shall haunt me no longer. My mother rests in peace, and I will not fear her death anymore," she then whispered, "she is with me.." As if to confirm it, a few rays of sun shined on them through the trees.

Eventually Liniel stood, and moved to stand beside Faenor in silence. She truly was happy that he was here, that she didn't have to be here alone. She whispered another thank you to him and continued to stare at the grave, unable to leave just yet.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2006 01:28
In the early morning light, something was different about Liniel's eyes, and her visage. Leaning against a large tree, Daenion watched from a distance the scene unfolding before him. He'd slept his usual few hours, then woke again; when in the Feanorian army, a warrior learned to operate on only two or three hours of sleep. It had been centuries since, but Daenion could still not shake the habit. It served him well today, however, for it allowed him to see Liniel and Faenor standing in the dawn's light, standing before a grave. It unnerved him, yet called to him in a way he could never quite understand, even after burying his own best friend. Graves had an arcane serenity about them, and Daenion never knew quite how to react.

He was glad at the light in Liniel's eyes now--she seemed happy, released. The look on Faenor's face was not lost on him, though; something was bothering the man, he could tell. Daenion made a mental note to discover what it was, when they next talked. However, now he decided to let the two alone: it was nice to be a spectator.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2006 04:27
Finally Liniel was satisfied and content with her visit. She now was able to close this chapter in her life and start fresh. This black hole in her mind was erased. Now she had friends, and another more agreeable journey to complete. Who knew, maybe she'd even run into her sister on the way.

A smile lit her features and she turned to Faenor, who was in deep thought it seemed. Elea must still be on his mind, she thought.

"Faenor," she said softly so not to startle him, "I think some breakfast is in order. Come, I know a private place where we can eat."

Liniel turned, only to be startled, herself, at the site of Daenion suddenly behind them. This was the second time too. But she smiled.

"Daenion, my friend, you have a bad habit of sneeking up on people. .. Now follow me you two, I don't want to eat cold food." another smile graced her lips as she began to walk back to the structures of Rivendell.

Once they had received the food they wanted, or didn't want, Liniel took them to a private balcony were a table and chairs were set in the middle. A great view spread out before them and Liniel took a moment to stare at the wonderous beauty.

"This balcony belongs to my family, they maintain it, and it is only open for us and invited friends. Like yourselfs." she smiled sitting down, "Perhaps we should plan our route to Rohan.. do either of you know a shortcut? Or easier way to get there?"

pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2006 05:40
((proposing an idea, not entirely sure of it, but it could make for a more interesting adventure))

Daenion remained silent for a moment, then, taking a drink of mead, offered, "There is a safe road through Moria, if we wish to cross before Isengard: Curunir has become on greater guard in his tower, and it is not at all certain he will allow us passage; the last I attempted it, he turned me away."

((in case of confusion, Curunir=Saruman))
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 07:28
Liniel listened to Daenion and nodded, "Moria ... that's a dwarf mine isn't it? Are you sure it is a safe road for two elves and a mortal?"

Liniel had never been near Moria. She had heard some odd sayings about the mine, and wasn't too sure if she wanted to go through such a place. But if Curunir wasn't letting travelers pass ... they could always go over the Misty Mountains, but that was the long way. And those mountains are dangerous too.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 02:04
Daenion considered. "I had little trouble on my way through it--I came through it from the east, and I saw no one on my passage through; if there are dwarves in its halls, I saw none. Then again, I did not go through the major passages..." Looking to Faenor, who seemed to be lost in a thought, Daenion asked, "What do you think of it, master Faenor?"
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 10:37
Faenor was half listening, half thinking. His friends in Rohan really were right when they called him a "thinker". It just came into his mind right now.

The balcony was such a wonderful place, that Faenor couldn't really imagine any dangerous place at the moment. After a short break, he slowly began: "Well, if I got everything we have two possibilities, right?! The way through the Mines of Moria and over the mountains. Both are quite dangerous, but I don't see any bigger problems."

He cleared his throat before he went on: "We are a small group, so we should be able to travel fast and I am not a bad sword fighter. If I guess right you, Daenion, know also how to fight. And I can imagine that Liniel sin't helpless either." He smiled to her.

"So, I would say, let's try it through the mines. Do we have much to loose, expect our lives?!" He grinned into the round and added one last comment: "Time for a bit of action!"
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2006 06:43
Liniel smiled at Faenor, "I think you make a good point Faenor, perhaps the mines won't be too bad. Just so long as we don't attract attention to ourselves, and move through them quickly," she paused, "We will depart this afternoon, if that's all right, I feel we are all eager to leave, so we might as well."

Once she had finished her breakfast, she rose and told the two that she was going to go get ready and that she would meet them by the front gate. But also told them not to rush, for they had the whole morning. In her room she changed into her traveling clothes, and packed her bag with everything she needed.

Quietly Liniel then left her room, and went for a walk. She ended up in the Hall of Fire, which was now fairly empty of elves. If she ever came back to Rivendell, it would be for this room. A smile slipped onto her lips as she looked around the comforting place.

"Liniel? Your leaving again aren't you?" she turned to see her cousin, and nodded to her. "You should stay, I see it in your eyes this is your home!" But Liniel shook her head.

"No, I'm sorry, but its not ... not yet at least. Tell everyone that I'm sorry for yelling at them." her cousin nodded then ran up and hugged her. "I must go," said Liniel, then she left.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2006 02:19
When Daenion had finished breakfast, he took to the woods surrounding the city; he did not wander far, only enough to get away from the structured arches and elves. Solitude was both a blessing and a curse within him, and he knew he was doing the right thing, going with his friends--friends, he repeated to himself. Part of him shrunk back, demanded he leave without telling them and never look back, leave them to their friendship and continue existing alone. But he knew he wouldn't: he liked feeling wanted too much.

Returning once more to the calm bustle of the city, he returned to his quarters and packed his few belongings in a pack, ensuring everything was there. He then strapped on his sword, dagger, and travelling cloak before stepping out into the hall.

He walked right into the path of Erestor.

Seeing Daenion's sword and pack, Erestor paused. "...Are you leaving, Master Elf?"

"Spare the sarcasm, Erestor. I'm leaving, and will never be back."

This troubled him. "Never? We are immortal, Daenion. That is a very long time."

He had no patience for this. "Rivendell is Elrond, and as long as Rivendell exists, I will not return. Do not trouble me with details, Erestor: they have caused too many sacrifices in the past."

Stepping away, Daenion dropped, "Tell Elrond he may sleep easy tonight knowing my sword will not be at his neck."

[Edited on 6/8/2006 by pitya]
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 07:31
Faenor also left for his room after breakfast. But before he reached it, he decided to go once more down into the gardens. He felt as if his own thoughts were eating him from the inside.

Slowly he walked through the shadows of the small path, breathing in the fresh air. The departure might be worse for him than fro the others, but his decision was clear and he wouldn't change his mind any more. The only thing in his life that was sure was the fact, that he left Rivendell this afternoon. But in his heart he was also sure that he may perhaps return after the journey, perhaps....

Suddenly he stopped. He heard noices on the other side of the path. He silently went to the bushes at the side and watched through them. There she stood again. Elea. Faenor felt a pain in his heart. She wasn't alone. A noble Elf was with her. He already had expected something like that. And the pain wasn't eased as he saw the sad expression on her face.

Before he couldn't stand it any longer, Faenor fastened his steps and went back to his room. There he packed his few things and went out again, waiting for the others to come.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2006 12:35
Liniel stood at the front gate as her two companions finally showed up. Smiling she shifted her bag on her shoulder, and let the other two walk out before her. Before she also left, she turned back to stare for a moment at the beautiful elven realm and smiled softly. Her heart was more content with the place and she wasn't terrified of its memories anymore. Hearing her name being called by one of her friends she quickly walked out and caught up with them.

"Gentlemen," she said to them, "I believe we have an adventure waiting for us. Lets not disappoint it." she laughed her musical laugh, then continued down the trail out of Rivendell.

It would only take the rest of the day to escape the forest, after which they would follow the roots of the Moutains, to the Moria Gate. Though she would definitely let Daenion lead them there, since she had never been there. As they walked Liniel looked at Faenor who seemed a bit sad. She moved closer to him and asked.

"Faenor, my friend, you seem troubled. And lately you have been distracted, and in deep thought. What is on your mind?"
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 05:01
Faenor was again in deep thought as Liniel came a bit nearer. He looked up quite quickly because he hadn't heard her coming.

She asked him something he knew the others had noticed, but even they already were very dear to him, it wasn't easy to answer. After a short break, he finally said: "Well, I'm still thinking about my decission. If it was right to leave. And if I should ever return."

He remained silent for a moment again, but then cleared his throat and added: "It's because of Elea. I saw her with a quite noble Elf and suddenly everything became clear in front of my eyes. But I still don't know why and if she still thinks of me."

It was the first time since a long time he spoke of his inner feelings to someone else. He felt a bit ashamed that he was always thinking abotu himself, so he said: "I'm sorry, I don't want to fall on your nerves." He smiled a bit and looked on the path again.

(Sorry again for the late answer, I'm soooooooo lazy at the moment.... Oh, and I'm on holiday on Sunday. I think that I'll stay about ten days, so don't wonder if I'm not posting the next two weeks. Just keep Faenor going.... Cu soon!!!!)
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 11:24
Liniel smiled slightly, "Don't not worry, you're not getting on my nerves. Sometimes it's better to tell someone what your are thinking anyway," she paused for a moment thinking over what Faenor had told them, "If you are unsure of her feelings for you, you should ask her when you're ready of course. Just a suggestion my friend, it is your decision." she concluded.

As the sun sunk further down into the horizon, and darkness shaded the area, the trees around them began to thin. The end of the forest and the beginnings of the Mountains were near. Coming to a halt she turned to her companions.

"Perhaps we should stop for the day. I know my feet are tired, and we'll get an early start tomorrow."

Liniel then looked around for a good place to set up camp, finding a clearing with a clump of trees around it.

"There," she pointed, "that should be a good place, you think? "

A warm bed was always fine, but Liniel loved sleeping outside and under the stars. Though of course, rain and snow were never a good thing when snoozing on the ground. But on a nice night like this Liniel happily would roll out her blanket on the grass.

"Though since we are basically out of the forest, it may be a good idea to set up watches..." she suggested, wanting to know the other's opinions.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2006 05:50
"I'm sorry, I don't want to fall on your nerves."

Daenion paused, smiling slightly--he knew that tone. "Aye," he agreed with Liniel, "Though as we are heading away from her, and not toward her, I would advise forgetting about if for the moment. Worry does nothing but weary one to the point of distraction."

Daenion remained silent most of the day, bringing up the rear of the group; he wondered, watching the two others proceed before him, noting each's unique stance and means of existing...Daenion could see the man still pensating Elea, and the situation he found himself in. But Daenion could understand that. One doesn't forget love and loyalty on a whim. One doesn't resolve inner turmoil in an hour, or even a day. Things would be so much easier if it were so; but Arda did not afford so gentle a lesson to its sons and daughters.

"Perhaps we should stop for the day. I know my feet are tired, and we'll get an early start tomorrow."

He glanced around, surveying the terrain; dully noted were the mountains looming ever closer. It was now a matter of skirting them until they reached the gates of the dwarf-realm, keeping close enough for guidance, and far enough to evade the early chill of winter received by them. The sky guaranteed for a clear night.

"There," she pointed, "that should be a good place, you think? "

Appraising the clearing, Daenion agreed, "I should think we needn't worry about shelter, at least not tonight..."

"Though since we are basically out of the forest, it may be a good idea to set up watches..." she suggested, wanting to know the other's opinions.

"I'd be willing to take the first few watches," he offered. When it received a bit of a strange look, Daenion added, "I do not need much sleep..."
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 02:21
Liniel turned to Daenion and nodded.

"Very well, when and if you do tire wake me up please." she responded.

Heading over to the area she picked out, Liniel began to lay out her blanket and take out some food, offering it to her friends. Liniel usually didn't light many fires when she was traveling so the thought didn't cross her mind as she ate her cold meal.

"Daenion," she started, "Do you know how long it will take to reach Moria? Seeing as how I don't know the way, obviously you'll will be leading us.." she slightly trailed off.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 04:03
Daenion had accepted the food gratefully, and produced his own drink.

"Not too long, several days," he answered, swallowing a bit of meat, "depending on the weather. Last time, coming from the Mines, I was trapped in the rains for three days, and didn't make much headway..." A drink. "It also depends on our pace--how fast do you wish to get to Moria, or even Rohan for that matter?" Pace did not matter to him; he had all the time in the world, in one sense, and only a moment, in another. It all seemed the same.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2006 01:28
Liniel paused for a moment in thought over his words.

"Pace matters not, I am truly in no haste to get to Rohan. But I do hope that we don't get any rain. I'd rather enter the cold mines warm and dry than cold and wet." she finished up her food, then stretched.

"But for now, I am going to get some sleep. Remember to wake me up Daenion, when you need some sleep." she fits her blanket up a little then laid down still facing him, "I don't want you up the entire night all right?" she said a bit firmly, sounding somewhat like a mother telling her son to get to bed. Finally with a sigh, she closed her green eyes and was soon asleep though her ears were alert.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2007 11:39
((terribly sorry about the extended abscence...i should be back for a good while now.))

"But for now, I am going to get some sleep. Remember to wake me up Daenion, when you need some sleep."

Daenion nodded, though he knew if he felt no weariness he would not wake her. It was a bit of a habit of his, to agree to an order and then do whatever he felt like doing. But it had saved his life on several occasions, and so he never saw reason to change. The night was beautiful, as were the stars.

Soon the fire began to die down, and he could hear the easy breathing of his companions. Such a journey for nigh three days' time, he wondered. Nigh three days ago he had been wandering on the outskirts of Rivendell, and now he found himself at even greater odds with Elrond, and in the company of two...two friends. The thought pleased him, and he smiled to himself a bit wanly; how Fate would turn her wheel...

He sat on a rock just on the edge of the camp, intense eyes watching the embers of the fire burn, seeing the shadows it cast on the boles and branches, the sleeping forms. Distantly he was reminded of another fire, another Age, another watch. The night before they attacked, he had sat up as watchmen all night, observing the course of the stars, ensuring those passing through camp were Noldo and not Sinda--he remembered smiling to himself then, too, for he was a Sinda. He was a Sinda in the Noldorin camp, ready to invade Doriath.

He recalled the memory with sadness: suddenly the sword at his belt felt heavy, cumbersome. Ai, but would he never escape this? He found his hand had grasped the pommel without instruction while his mind was lost; pensating, he ran palm over hilt, then scabbard, feeling its presence. And then, as if reliving a nightmare, he loosed the blade from the sheath.

One of his companions stirred, but Daenion cared little. Let them see him with blade.

LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2007 04:08
Liniel was half asleep, half dreaming, and half awake. She shifted to become more comfortable, if that was possible on the hard ground, she eyes opening for a moment. Seeing the moon flash on Daenion's sword, her senses started working and she forced herself awake.

Sitting up, and rubbing one of her eyes she whispered, "Daenion, is everything all right?"

She hoped he hadn't spotted something, for she really didn't feel like fighting at that moment. But it didn't look like he had. Liniel became slightly curious as to why his sword was out. But was too sleepy to care, her hand covering a yawn.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 12:07
"Daenion, is everything all right?"

He didn't answer her question, eyes yet fixed on the blade. He saw her yawn, knowing he had awoken her. He felt a tinge of guilt, but then saw the opportunity to ask a question he had been vexed with since she had mentioned it.

"...Why do you wish to find your brother, Liniel? Do you love him? Or is it a mere sense of obligation? For when you have not seen someone in a long time, your love wanes." Finally he glanced up, eyes catching hers still lined with sleep. "They may try to tell you different, Lord Elrond and others. But it is a lie. The longer you see naught of a person, the smaller your love for them remains. Do you wish to find him because you love him?"
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 02:26
Liniel blinked a few times, rather caught off guard by the personal question. Her still sleeping mind was trying to process the sudden curiosity, as well as her answer. She couldn't help but wonder at his past, for who else would ask such a question?

Liniel just stared at Daenion for the moment, trying to make something come out of her mouth that wasn't a yawn.

"Of course I love my brother," she spoke finally, "You may find it hard for someone to love another after ages have passed, but you don't understand what my brother did for me. He took care of me, as well as my sister, even though she thought she could take care of herself," Liniel couldn't help but smile at her memories of her stubborn sister, "Dantred was our father in a way."

She paused, collecting her thoughts again.

"I just want to make sure he's all right, I couldn't bear to lose him," she gazed at Daenion, giving him a small smile, "Satisfied with my answer?"

Liniel laid back down, pulling her blanket over her as she continued to watch Daenion's expression.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2007 04:43
Daenion's already half-frown deepened. The question in his mind remained unspoken--what if Dantred was already ? If she could not bear to lose him, would it not be better not to find him, or attempt to find him? Surely living with the idea that he was still alive and not knowing for sure was better than discovering he was .

But Daenion was a warrior, not a philosopher of great degree, nor one to say how other's thoughts ought to be run.

"...Not quite..." It was an expression that should have had further words after, but Daenion left it at that. They remained in silence for several minutes until he finally mustered, "...I can watch the rest of the night. It is not long until dawn."
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2007 05:37
Liniel sighed slightly at his 'Not quite' but since he didn't ask anything further, she assumed he wanted to drop the topic for now.

Liniel would have protested to his offer of staying up the rest of the night, but by that time she was almost asleep once more. So she groggily nodded and turned over.

A bit after dawn, Liniel slowly woke up. After a small breakfast, and gathering blankets and whatnot together, Liniel stretched then turned to Daenion.

"It's your turn to lead, for , as I've said, I don't know the way to Moria," she said.

[Edited on 27/5/2007 by LadyPunk]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email