Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
Post RE: Mirkwood, always Mirkwood
on: June 14, 2006 05:38
Ardinlas heard Durhen cry, and she knelt by him, surveying his wounds. "We have to get you out of here immediately!" she cried over the din. Without waiting for a reply, she lifted the Elf and took him to a clearing. Shadow sheltered them, and Durhen's horse followed alongside of them, snapping at any spiders who happened to get in the way.

Ardinlas laid Durhen down and went back to look for plants to help in aiding his wounds. She found a few and returned to the Elf. "Please be patient whilst I go for water." She wetted a cloth in a nearby stream and set down to work on the wounds while Durhen drifted in and out of consciousness.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 08:19
Durhen hurt all over, his head was raging murder.
"No...I can not abandon them..." he sat up slightly, pushing back nausea and dizzyness.
Mallgwae pushed his master back down, but Durhen was not going to give up, he grabbed his sword and started to crawl carefully towards where the battle was.
"I will not let them die..." He whispered, before nearly collapsing.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 12:11
((very nice of you))

Raug slashed through another spider, "There's too many of them!" he shouted to Melannon.

At that moment, they scattered. Numerous shadows disappeared into the forest all around, seeming to dissipate into the greenery. An uneasy silence descended--something wasn't right.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 12:15
OOC: Thanks

IC: Durhen heard the fighting stop. He was gasping for breath, and his head was swaying, but he knew something wasn't right. Oh, Valar, what now? He wondered.
He tasted blood on his lips, and propped himself up against a tree. He grasped his sword tightly ready to attack if it came to it.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 12:35
((side character intro))

Raug tensed when he heard horse's hooves pad earth--they were coming fast. In a matter of moments, a chestnut horse burst into the clearing, and it reared in surprise when it encountered Melannon and Raug with swords drawn and darkened.

"Elbereth!" the rider cried.

Raug recognized him--it was the captain of the southeastern border guard. "Borion!" he called, trying to dodge the horse. "Borion, it's me!"

The horse settled slightly, though still rearing, and Borion--a well-built elf with flax hair--replied, "I must speak with Thranduil! The Shadow is following me!"
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 10:44
(( Sorry, have been on holiday....))

Melannon also was alarmed as he heard hooves, but he couldn't see anything. Swaet and blood were running down his face.
He still wondered why the battle had stopped so immediatelly as he found himself next to Raug, encountered by swords.
"Wonderful," he thought to himself.
He also knew the Elf called Borion, but he has never really talked to him.
Then Melannon said: "I think there are many things going on that Thranduil should know."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 04:20
Durhen felt himself losing consiousness again. He struggled to rise, however. He wasn't going to let himself be over come by poison. Durhen leaned against the tree for support, he was amazed that he was standing.
"Then he should be told." Durhen spoke as loudly as he could (which wasn't very loud) "But we can not allow the shadow near the palace. Who knows what it would do if it got in." Durhen's energy gave out and he collapsed against the tree, he was still concious...for now.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 06:18
Ardinlas heard the name of her uncle, and she held her head high, listening for more. After a moment, she turned her attention back to Durhen, and she laid him back on the ground. "You shouldn't have attempted to stand," she scolded softly. She carried him back into the clearing now that the danger was over. "A shadow you say?" Ardinlas asked the newcomer. "I have heard rumors and such, but any real information is needed."
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 06:35
That woke Durhen a little.
"I can stand perfectly well." he said, attempting to get up again. He clutched at his head, he felt like he had drunk all of the wine in the king's cellars. Everything was blurry, and...jumpy. Durhen suddenly couldn't see anymore. He felt his back on the cold ground, and then only an odd sense that he was half drifting away from soemthing he wanted.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 06:45
Ardinlas looked at Durhen and scoffed. "You are in no condition to stand, my friend. You need rest." She looked at the others. "We need to rest here a moment or carry on slowly." Ardinlas didn't understand why she was helping someone she hardly knew, but during the time of darkness, friends were much more needed than foes.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 02:02
Durhen forced himself to wake. He was glad for the help, but he was a mere stable boy, and he had run away. Why would anyone want to help him?
"Thank you." He spoke quietly to Ardinlas, then fell asleep.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 04:35
"I can carry him on my horse," Borion offered, "But I would not advise staying..." Uneasily he glanced back, eyes fearful. "There are several of them, and they swallow whatever they find: my guard was caught unprepared...Even the spiders flee from them..."

"It would not be wise to lead it to the palace," Raug countered. "Is it following you?"

"I don't know, but it is coming this way, and the longer we do nothing the closer it gets."

((any ideas welcome--whatever you all want to do))

[Edited on 22/6/2006 by pitya]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2006 07:08
Durhen woke again. He was frustrated with himself at the moment. He felt terrible, but could not sleep. Perhaps that was the manner of the poison.
"I can carry him on my horse," Borion offered, "But I would not advise staying..."
"I can not go back to the palace." Durhen said, filled with a sudden fear. "Please, leave me here as bait for this evil, I can not go back there. I don't care the cost to me." Durhen pleaded. Though he doubted he would get through to them.
He felt more chilled then he had been, as his body tried ot purge itself of the poison. But now he shivered with fear. He could not return, he would never be able to go free again.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 28, 2006 05:09
"I think you are right," Ardinlas agreed, mounting Shadow again. "The farther away from the palace we are, the better." There was a slight bitterness in her voice as she thought of Thranduil. "And no, Durhen," she added as an afterthought, "you can't stay here. One of us will bear you if you cannot walk." A chill went up her spine. "We really cannot tarry here any longer than need be. Let us head out soon."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2006 09:26
Durhen gritted his teeth adn stood shakily, "I can walk." he said, a tone of barely controlled anger in his voice. He could not return...he would surely be put under constant scruteny. He called Mallgwae over, the golden stallion nickered, and bent at knee to allow Durhen onto his back.
"Let us go then." Durhen said, straining to keep himself from falling off from dizzyness.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 29, 2006 09:05
Ardinlas scoffed as Durhen mounted Mallegwae. "You can hardly stand as is. A true warrior has to know his own limits and be willing to accept help if it is necessary." She rode up on one side and steadied him with her hand. "It would be better for you to ride double with someone who can help support you. I don't say this to mock you; I say this as a friend who knows the consequences of not accepting others' help when given." Ardinlas sighed, thinking of all the times that she had made rash decisions when not accepting aid. It had had dire consequences for her.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2006 10:54
Durhen shook his head slightly...more to clear the dizzyness then out of disagreement.
"I know you don't...I just...if I have to go back to the palace I would prefer doing it without any aide..." He smiled weakly, "It is a long story." He said.
"Very well...at this point, and from the fear of collapsing, I will allow another to bear me. I do not care who." He said this quietly, with only a little frustraition, more so was his tone of surrender.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2006 05:15
Raug offered, "I will ride with you." Quickly he mounted the horse behind Durhen. "There's a garrison just west of here: perhaps they can repel the darkness."

Borion glanced back fearfully. "Lead the way, then. They're getting closer."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2006 03:20
Durhen did his best to stay concious throughout the ride. His head hurt, and the rocking movements of a horse did not help him in any way, shape, or form. He hoped they could escape this, and he hoped he would not be punished to greatly. Mallgwae seemed to share his feelings because he only ran ahlf-heartedly. There was no pride in his step anymore.

OOC: Ok, I'm gone after this post, someone take over Durhen for me! Please and Thank you.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2006 02:35
Raug led the way, holding onto Durhen so the man didn't fall off--he was in a bad way. It seemed as if they weren't moving, for the farther they travelled, the more spooked the horses became and the less they saw of Mirkwood's usual inhabitants.

Finally they reached the garrison--it was a cave, as per Thranduil's orders. Caves were safer than fortresses that were easily seen.

Standing before the gate Borion announced, "We come from Thranduil's halls--there are enemies behind us!"

"Who are you? What is your business?" a guard barked.

"I am Borion, captain of the southern guard!" Urgency filled his voice, and annoyance. "I already stated our business!"

The gates opened and the group hurried in.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 11, 2006 05:35
Ardinlas had glared at the guard at the cave's gate and had been ready to declare she was kin of Thranduil when Borion had commanded they enter. As they rode in, Ardinlas saw many of her uncle's warriors seated around the cave, doing odd jobs. She turned to Borion and muttered, "Have you any idea about how stationary we are here? It would be wise for us to immediately have a council of war while we have the time." She dismounted Shadow and stroked his neck, feeling his tension as all the other horses had.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 03:46
OOC: Yay! Im back from France!
IC: Durhen knew they had made it back to the palace, he recoiled, he knew that he was going to be in trouble, he knew that there was trouble. The horses were tense, the feel of the place was tense, when he opened his eyes, even though his vison was blurred and distorted, horribly bright, and just plain painful, he could see that the guards were not as concerned about the new arrivals as they were about something else. Was it the shadow perhaps?
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 02:28
((sorry for the hiatus))

"Have you any idea about how stationary we are here? It would be wise for us to immediately have a council of war while we have the time."

Borion turned to look at the woman as he dismounted, helping Raug with Durhen. "I agree, though our time here may be dictated by the shade behind us: if it continues in this direction, we may be here for some time."

Once Durhen was safely on the ground, Raug dismounted as well, barking to a guard, "We need a healer!"
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 08:35
(Yea! This is back up again!)

Ardinlas raised her eyebrows in shock. "A shade?" she asked. "Somehow, though, I am not surprised."

An Elf came hurrying toward the group and knelt beside Durhen. "What has happened?" he asked, running his hands over Durhen and muttering something unintelligible.

"Spiders," Ardinlas answered simply. "We battled them as we made our way here. Fortunately, none of the rest of us are sorely injured. Take care of him."

Her attention turned to Borion. "As for the council of war, who else here is in charge? I can be of assistance and possibly a messenger as I am kin of Thranduil, but what of the rest? The more minds we have, the better."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 04:35
Durhen knew of the healer beside him, he tried to tell him hat he was 'all right and needed no help' but it came out unintelligable. He feared the wrath of his adopted father and the king. What would he say?

One of Thuranduil's advisors, Colleril, came in then. He was also Durhen's adopted father.
"It is good to see you well, Ardinlas." The older elf said. His face was gentle, no creases marked his young face. His eyes, a pale ice-blue hue, matched his nearly silver hair. But he seemed lost in some inner turmoil, as if he had lost something of great importance.
"The shadow has grown indeed, as you can tell, I am instructed to bring you to one in charge." He looked at each face of the adventurers, his eyes resting on each a moment, then they fell to Durhen.
His face paled greatly, and he quickly strod over to Durhen, who was in a light healing-sleep thanks to the healer.
"Ai! Durhen, what has become of you?" He whispered to his son, kneeling beside him. Barely maintaining any dignaty.
"What happened to him? Please tell me!" He asked, concern in his eyes. He seemed not to notice the tension that the shadow brought on. Only that his son, adopted or not, was hurt.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 05:00
Raug was startled by the newcomer's sudden concern--who was this elf, and why was he so distressed by Durhen's condition. "It was spiders...He said he was leaving, and didn't want to come back, and we were debating the subject when we were attacked..."

Borion nodded. "I found them scattered, and this lad was in a bad way." Knowing care was needed, he gestured to the healer, "Take him to the healing quarters--make him a priority."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 05:14
"I am in great grattitude to you then, to all. Forgive me, my name is Colleril, I am Duhen's father...well, adopted father. I am one of Thuranduil's advisors." The elf watched longingly as the healers took Durhen to the healing wards.
"Come, I have been requested to show you to a place where you can freshen up before meeting with someone dealing more so on the matter of the shadow." He said quickly, and lead the group down the hall, silent, lost in his concern and thoughts.

Durhen had been expecting an immediate retort, something that would set his teeth on edge, he felt horrible now, for putting his father through that. How could he have been so stupid? He would have to change that...with that he fell into a deeper sleep, unaware of the shadow that drew nearer.

[Edited on 8/8/2006 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 11:28
Ardinlas walked alongside Colleril as he led the group away. "It is good to see you again, Colleril," she said, though she saw that the adviser's mind was on other things. "What news of home? Surely this...shadow...as you call it, is of enough importance for Thranduil to send you here."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 11:47
"It is good to see you again too, Lady Ardinlas, unfortunetly, this shadow has everyone on their toes. No one dares go out, even during the day, there is fear, anger; no, things are not good here." Colleril shook his head sadly, things were worse then he could describe.
"But even still, we hold out, a fool's hope the humans would call it. Even now our troops are getting ready to be deployed in defense of this palace, and the forest. We will not go down without a fight." He said this more determindly. But his mind was still to Durhen.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 11:51
"Of course not! We will fight while there is a chance for us to live!" Ardinlas cried. "What exactly is the danger that is out there, though? I have heard rumours, but please, tell me the truth!" Rumours there were, yes, but Ardinlas was certain that there were true.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 11:56
Colleril shook his head, "I don't know a hundred percent myself, but I do know of a shade, and perhaps...a shadow to the east.They are saying that it is the necromancer (another name for the witch king) risen again. I am inclined to believe them."

Durhen woke, he was restless, he knew he should stay in bed but he could not. Something wasn't right, he could feel it. He rose and as silently as he could he slipped past the guards into the corridor.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 12:35
Borion nodded in return. "As am I. I do not know how this could be, but it is certainly a possibility."

"But the King of Angmar rising again would mean..." Raug paused at the gravity of it. "...It would mean Sauron is rising, too." He'd been in the Last Alliance centuries ago, and still felt uneasy at the thought. He'd been far from the Dark Lord himself, but Raug had seen him, to be sure. "Perhaps it is something else?"

Borion shook his head. "What else could it be? Men do not have the power to create such a shadow, nor do dwarves. Even an elf, should they attempt it, would need the wisdom and evil the likes of which we have not seen in melenia." He looked to the others in hope of ideas, anything to contradict the fear of such a vast threat as the Necromancer.

minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 12:54
"I can think of little else as well. The Valar only know that our time to figure exactly what we are dealing with is short. No one is certain for sure."

Durhen caught up with the group, walking slowly behind them, he had to face them sooner or later, and he wasn't going to let a little thing like a poisoned spider bite stop him.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2006 01:53
((for reference, the shadow is the nine nazgul headed for thranduil's halls))

Raug noticed Durhen join them. "You shouldn't be up and around so soon, lad," he half-rebuked, half-joked. "Valar know you'll need the strength."

Borion frowned at the thought. "Aye."

They came to a large room with ling torches lining the walls; a table able to host them all stood in the center, and on the opposite entrance to them an elven woman joined them. By her garb and mein, she was obviously the commander charge.

((if someone wants to take her, be my guest; if a round passes and no one does, i will.))
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2006 04:20
"Yes son, you should..."
"I am fine, all of you need not to be concerned with my well being. I shall manage." Durhen said certainly, even though he had trouble hiding the tremour of weakness in his voice. "It isn't the necromancer, it has to be something else. It didn't...feel...right." He said walking alongside them.
"Then what is it?" Colleril looked at his adopted child gently.
Durhen just shook his head. He noticed the elven woman join them. SHe had to be the commander he thought.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email