Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
Post RE: The Hope of a Shieldmaiden (keep)
on: September 27, 2006 10:25
Díore had listened to her companions' stories in silence, her eyes roving over the sprawling grasslands that lay before her. "We are just in the Ered Nimrais right now, but we cannot linger for too much longer. But before anything, I believe Feorran owes me an explanation now. About the man, who was he and why does he have an interest in me?" Her tone was abrupt, but Díore was tired of waiting for information.

Her mind wandered to the battle that had taken place. Everyone seemed to be able to take care of themselves, and as Díore had been scouting ahead, she had missed the opportunity to fight against those she had heard about. Her time would come, and being skilled in most forms of weaponry, the fair maid of Edoras was certain that she would become a shieldmaiden when the time was ripe.

"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: September 27, 2006 10:33
((welcome back, dinenlasse!))

Eorla glanced up. "What man?" she asked. Diore hadn't spoken much at all, and the sudden change had startled Eorla, especially with the reference to a man.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 27, 2006 10:39
(Thanks! Been way too busy!)

Díore looked at one of the maids, "Eorla, is it? There is a man that pulled a blade on me in Edoras, and he was the one that knocked out Feorran here. I want to find out as much as I can about him, and if you know anything about him, please tell me. I am anxious about this now, and only with information can we go about traveling so we do not encounter him again."

She fell silent, her instincts on the alert. something was outside the cave, she knew it. Durithil snorted a warning, and his ears flattened against his head. He pawed the ground anxiously. Instinctively placing a hand on her sword hilt, Díore called out into the void, "Who goes there?"
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: September 27, 2006 11:55
Eorla absorbed that information, going over her memory of any man that fit the description Diore gave. She came up blank.

Diore's horse snorted and pawed the ground, earning Eorla's attention. Then Diore called, "Who goes there?" double earning Eorla's attention. She glanced out into the darkness, then suddenly leaped to her feet. Muttering to herself, she stomped out of the cave, grabbed a dark figure, and hauled it into the cave. "Rittio, what are you DOING?!" she yelled, tossing a disgruntled young man to the floor. He glared up at her and mumbled, "None of your beeswax." Eorla glared at the impetuous young Ranger, who had managed to become her bane. He had a habit of following her around and trying to sneak up on her all the time. He usually never did so successfully, but that didn't stop him from trying.

[Edited on 27/9/2006 by Shadowfax_Pip]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2006 05:40
Geongan was surprised at this strange man, Eorla seemed to know him. Geongan sheathed her sword and sat down. She closed her eyes, much was on her mind. She could faintly hear the sound of the man talking, but she was much too busy with her own thoughts. For some reason the thought of her fate kept bothering her, maybe she couldn't avoid it. Then she opened her eyes and watched the man as he lay on the ground, Eorla stared him down. "Sir, you should tell us why you have been watching us. It does seem strange that you were spying on us like that, you owe us an explaintion." Geongan said, her voice was calm and smooth. The man was still hesitant, but she knew Eorla would get it out of him. Geongan stood up and walked over to Feorran, she put her arm around her friend's shoulder. "Are you alright Feorran? You don't look well." Geongan said, she could tell she had been crying again.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2006 05:42
Ciron watched this change of character in everyone in silence, he still hadent got a propert anwers about where they should go next except to travel further into the mountains.
While they were talking he folded thwe map gently and put it away, when Eorla had pulled the man into the cave he quickly got out his sling and a pebble, not that it would have been much use. He realised that he still had Feorrans knife and touched it inside his cloak so that he knew it was still there.
He didnt like the look of the man, even though it seemed he was a friend of Eorlas, but he was almost good at being silent and unseen even as Ciron was, and he was still suspicious of him.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 28, 2006 11:27
Díore peered intently at the man who had entered the cave. "What name do you go by, and why are you here?" she asked harshly, eyeing the stranger calmly. "You are welcome if you are a friend, but if you are here for ill intent, then leave." Her eyes never leaving the man, Díore took flint to tinder and lit a fire that filled the cave with flickering shadows that danced off the cave walls. Drawn by the heat, the rest of the company joined her as she seated herself near the fire and sighed heavily, feeling that she was nowhere to finding out what she wanted to know than before.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: September 28, 2006 02:03
Eorla nudged, none too gently, the young man at her feet. "Well? Speak up! I'm curious to hear your explanation *this* time."

Rittio glared at her, but replied, "My name is Rittio, and I don't mean you any ill, whatever you may think. I've been assigned to chase after Eorla here after she ran--leaving a very vague note with her departure--because she's not in any authority to leave. Ouch!" he yelped as Eorla dug her shoe into his side.

"What does he mean?" Geogann asked. Eorla sighed, running a hand through her hair roughly. "I've been searching for an unknown person for years, ever since that person resqued me from a certain . I was four, but I remember him still." She glanced up, no longer angry, and whispered to Rittio, "Diore here has been inquiring about a dark person that tried to kill her. Do you know of anyone like that?"

Rittio frowned for a moment, then said with all certainty, "I know what she means. He's been haunting Rohan for some time now, attempting to assassinate all the shieldmaidens in this country. We--er, I--don't know his name or purpose, but he's been a serious priority for some time." He stared at Diore. "Have you seen any distinct features on him? Anything that would help you identify him?"
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2006 05:23
Feorran huddled up inside herself as Geongan put her arm round her. "It's the mountains," she whispered. "Whenever I go out it's like they're pushing in on me, and it gets really tight around here -" she gestured to her chest, "And then I feel like I can't breathe, and -" she gave an involuntary shudder and sat down abruptly by the fire. "And it's getting worse when I'm inside too, it's like the entrance is shrinking and getting further away. I want nothing more than to get out of these wretched mountains and gallop across the plains of Rohan once more with Hafoc. He's nervous too, I can tell, and if my horse is nervous it makes me even more so."

She ignored Díore's question and was relieved when the young Ranger made a welcome distaction. She felt utterly drained, she had not slept well ever since she left Edoras. Feorran pulled her travel-stained cloak tighter around her and ignored the Ranger, the older girls seemed to be taking care of him. She stared into the fire and watched the shapes form dancing pictures before her eyes.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2006 08:10
By this time the night had come closing in on the mountains, and outside ther cave was blackness.
Ciron had puled his black hood over his head and from under the shadow of his hood he watched Feorran intently, he watched the worry grow on her face as she looked around the cave and outside.
Then his attention turned to the flames that were leaping around the cold stone floor, licking them with heat.
Whether by chance or some other thing thAt stirred in the flames, he suddenly thought he saw a cloaked man inside a red forest. Only for a moment did this image seem present but the picture remained printed in his thought.
He stood up, and threw back his hood. He started stamping out the fire quickly, and the others stared at him, someone told him to stop. When the fire was out after only a few seconds, questions were thrown at Ciron,
"Hes coming, we have to go now, or stay here silent", he answered.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: September 29, 2006 11:20
Eorla and Rittio jumped from their reverie as Ciron stamped out the flames. "What in Middle-earth are you doing?" Eorla cried, but shut up as she heard Ciron's reason. "Who?" she whispered. The others shushed her, and she sat down, setting her hand on her sword. Rittio sat down quietly, listening hard for any sound. He heard nothing but his pulse roaring in his ears.

He felt a slight tingle down his spine, but otherwise nothing. Then a soft crunch, perhaps a footstep, came from outside. The tension became palpable in the cave. Rittio vaguely saw a black shadow detach itself from the blackness and hurl itself into the cave.

[Edited on 29/9/2006 by Shadowfax_Pip]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 29, 2006 11:57
Díore glared angrily at Feorran for ignoring her question, but she dismissed her anger in light of the ensuing threat. Silently, she took an arrow and fitted it to her bow. Pulling the string to half its strength, she called into the darkness. "Who is there?" Díore cried. "If you are the one who has been pursuing us for a long time, I demand to know who you are and why you are after us, me in particular. I have not wronged you, and there is no reason why you should come after us. Should you be a friend and not a foe, then please forgive my harsh words." Her tone was fierce, but Díore was not angry; she was showing that she was unafraid.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2006 10:09
They all heard a low breath, and then the figure silently disappeared into the night.
"What is going on"Ciron muttered, but then he understood, that now the dark man had seen all of the company and decided it would be too dangerous for him to atack on his own.
"No"Ciron cried and leapt forward into the night.
But the man was gone.
"We need to go, i suggest going straight through the mountains, if no one else has any better ideas i think we should take a relatively safe route that i have trodden before"
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: September 30, 2006 05:13
Eorla seconded Ciron's suggestion, then glanced around at the others. "Well? What are we waiting for?"
Rittio, under the nearly unfriendly eyes of the maids and boy, settled into a crouch. He kept silent. Eorla gathered up her things, deciding it was up to her to take the lead as no one else would, and marched out of the cave. Rittio followed, accompanied by Ciron, Diore, the still-claustraphobic Feorran, and Geongan. Rittio had gathered the horse's leads and passed them out appropriately.

Eorla took Rogue's lead thankfully from her fellow Ranger and patted the mare's forehead. The total darkness created a bit of consternation within her, and she fell back to let the others lead. She swung onto her mare's back, knowing fully that the horse could see much better than she could, and followed the crunch of the horse hooves. Rittio walked, placing a hand on Rogue's side so he would know where to step.

[Edited on 30/9/2006 by Shadowfax_Pip]
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2006 06:43
Ciron was now leading the group, he had a torch in his hand and the flames swam through the dark, leading the others.
He remembered this path, and as it was not used it had remained the same from when he had last trodden it.
Everyone walked in silence and slowly Ciron began to hum a little song he knew, it was in a strange language that he didnt understand but as the tune flowed fromj him it began to cheer everyone up a little. He had learnt it from two mysterious travellers he had once followed.
They had seemed to be glowing with pure light and he had become curious to them, but one night they had dissapeared and so he carried on travelling on his own.
Slowly, the sun began to rise and all around them were elegant peaks and falls. Ciron put out the torch and they all stopped for a while, resting on a clifftop, with a view over a large area of the land before them.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2006 05:35
Feorran let out the breath she had been holding with a sigh as she saw the huge stretch of land. She patted the side of Hafoc's neck and mounted him again, eager to continue though they had been walking through the night. She studied Rittio closely when he was not looking as they travelled on and decided that he posed little threat to her, she was always wary around new people.

The group had been travelling in a tight bunch until then, but gradually the gaps between them lengthened, and they each continued submerged in their own thoughts. Then Feorran heard a crunch a few hundred yards behind her, and with a jolt realised that the dark man had chosen to attack when they were spread out and unable to defend each other effectively. She nocked an arrow and aimed her bow at where the sound had came from, and at the next sound she let it loose. It hit something, but she knew it had not killed the dark man straight away because she heard no thud. Instead the footsteps continued approaching, and Feorran found that she could hear more than one pair of boots. In the dark her senses spread out, but she could not count how many people there were, all she knew was that they were surrounding them.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2006 11:47
Geongan had benn in front of Feorran for sometime, but then she also heard footsteps. She backed her horse up until she was riding next to Feorran. Geongan looked in the forest, she saw the shadow of the man. "He is coming!" Geongan said, then she turned to Feorran. "Go tell the others, we are probably surrounded now. Tell them to prepare for a fight." Geongan said. Then she dismounted and drew her sword. "Come out!" Geongan said, she stood ready for an attack. Suddenly the man came into view. "Another petty shieldmaiden, how pitiful." The man mocked. "You won't think me so petty after I run you through!" Geongan said as she thrust her sword forward. The man quickly blocked. "Fiesty, at least you'll be a challenge." The man said, then he snapped his fingers and a few dozen other men came out. Geongan looked over and saw the others gathering weapons and preparing to fight. "you will not stand against us, and you will leave us alone!" Geongan said, then she began blocking his blows. "You are well skilled, you are different then the others. Are you some kind of Elf?" The man asked. "Why should I tell you?" Geongan said, she thrust again, but it was blocked. Geongan looked over and saw everyone fighting intensely. "You were well prepared, but this will be the end of you!" The man said, he thrust forward. She felt the force of the sword stab her in the chest. She fell down and breathed heavily. "Merely a wound, I will finish you off now!" The man said. Geongan was surprised, she had thought her wound fatal. "Maybe he just hit me in the shoulder, but what does that matter now." Geongan said, maybe this was the fulfillment of the prohecy.

(Just to let you know, she's not dead yet. The prohecy will not be fulfilled to the end and I haven't actually decided wheter she will fulfill it or break it, so not sure yet. So somebody has to save her.)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2006 12:09
(I'll save her then, if that's okay)

As the man raised a serrated knife into the air to deliver the final blow, he made a horrible gurgling sound and fell just to the side of Geongan. Feorran pulled her sword out of the man's back and wiped it clean on her sleeve. When she saw the blood blossoming on Geongan's shirt her eyes widened in horror. She stood staring for a few seconds, and then turned and impaled another man on her sword. When she was confident the men would be beaten down she turned to Geongan and called for Hafoc, she had dismounted some time ago.

She struggle to lift Geongan onto Hafoc's back and then shouted to whoever would listen "I'll be a mile or two up the path! Come once they're all dead, unless you are!" She then turned Hafoc and galloped along the path until the sounds of the battle were out of earshot.

She swore silently when she remembered the weight of the prophecy that was growing ever heavier over them. She examined the wound closely, face grave, and soon she was satisfied the blade had not been poisoned. First she washed away the blood with water from the skin she kept on her belt, and then Feorran looked in a pouch at Geongan's waist. To her immense relief she found a few dried athelas leaves, some of which she ground up and pressed into the wound. She tore a strip of cloth off her sleeve and bound the wound as tightly as she could.

Then she cried, for her knowledge of healing was little and she did not want to lose her friend. Feorran would give her life if Geongan could live without a second thought, and she sat waiting for the others, hoping they had survived.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2006 03:15
Geongan fell into bad dreams, she dreamed all her friends had been killed and the evil man was smiling, then he stabbed her and all went dark. Then suddenly she saw a faint light, she felt some strength come back. Her eyes opened and she saw Feorran. "Feorran, you're alive!" Geongan said, tears rolled down her cheek."I had a horrible dream that those men killed you. I'm glad you're still alive." Geongan said again. She looked over and saw the others coming up to them. "They're alright!" Geongan said happily. She felt a little light headed, but other than the pain she was alright. "Did we destroy all the men? Will they stop bothering us now?" Geongan asked, but she knew inside that the evil man probably just sent those men to do his dirty work, he probably wasn't dead yet.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2006 05:43
Feorran laughed in amazement as Geongan spoke and the others came towards them. "You're lucky to be alive, Geongan!" she said, and shouted to the others. They came over as fast as they could, and were all relieved to see Geongan was alive. Feorran examined them one by one from a distance, looking for any obviously major wounds, but either there were none or they were all hiding them very well.

When the others crowded round Geongan, Feorran walked to a high rock and climbed up onto it, her back to the group. She smoothed out the nicks on her sword with a wet stone and washed the blood from it. Then, without anyone noticing, she mounted Hafoc and returned to what had been their battle field. She rolled some bodies over and pulled all of her arrows out of the corpses. On some, their hoods fell off and she realised with a sick revulsion that they were all boys and men, hired for their brawn or their skill with a sword.

She stood silently, and even Hafoc was silent as the tears welled up in her eyes. Orcs were one thing, but these were men like herself. There she stood, not saying a word nor moving a muscle, for longer than she could tell.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 02, 2006 06:15
Díore held on to Durithil's side with her knees and withdrew her sword. Eyes alit with battlelight, she had charged into the fray without any cries or anything. Her sword flew in among the men with a grace that had been taught by her father. She knew that she would face battleshock afterwards, Hasulfen had warned her, but her thoughts were only of the moment.

------------------

And then the reality of battle had struck Díore, and she hid her head in her hands and a single tear coursed down her face. This was what she wanted to do, and only experience in battle would toughen the maiden up. Díore was skilled in the ways of weaponry, but there was no substitute for experience.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2006 07:55
Ciron walked up silently behind Feorran but when he was about to say something her horse kicked and Ciron narrowly missed an injury, he fell to the mud beneath him.
Feorran looked around in surprise and her sword ready, only to find Ciron staring up at her in embarrasement.
"Im,... sorry, ill just go", he said, and turned around. In his head he was kicking himself for being so stupid, what did he even want to say to her anyway?
He was walking slowly back to the others around a small badly made fire, when suddenly a man sprang out of the trees to his left.
In surprise he stumbled backwards and quickly took out the dagger that was Feorrans.
"Do you honestly believe you can kill me with that", the man laughed.
Ciron broke into a run back to Feorran who he knew would be able to handle the man, but he caught up with him, and Ciron shouted for help. His mouth covered, he was now in the hands of the man who took him away quickly through the trees.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2006 07:55
After a short time, Geongan realized Feorran had left. She waited until the others had started a fire to go look for her. She stood slowly and called Darkfire. She mounted and used her keen vision to spot Feorran's tracks. Then she saw Feorran, and she seemed quite sad. Geongan dismounted, she winched from the pain for a second, then she walked over. "What brings you back to the battlefield Feorran?" Geongan asked. She could tell Feorran was upset that she was walking around while still injuried. "Don't worry, I'm fine. these wounds will heal in no time, but somethings cannot be healed so quickly." Geongan said, her eyes searched Feorran, she knew Feorran was struggling. "I know you have scars that are taking a long time to heal, but you will find your place soon, you will be just like your father. You are already amazing with horses." Geongan said, she tried to cheer her friend, but she saw that that was not the only thing bothering her. Then Geongan looked down at the person she had just taken an arrow out of. He looked like he was Geongan's age, only 17. Geongan gasped, she knew what was going through Feorran's head now. She was upset that she had killed her own kind. "To think that evil man would use boys! It makes you wonder whether they wanted to fight us, or if they would have rathered stayed home." Geongan said. She bowed her head and said a few words in elvish. "Come friend, let us go back and eat." Geongan said, she began to feel weak. When she started to mount up she fell back down. She cried out from the pain. Feorran rushed over, but Geongan held up her hand. "I'll be alright, just slipped." Geongan said, sweat rolled down her forehead. She was able to mount but she gripped her wound as she rode, it felt like the wound was burning. When they arrived at the camp Geongan slide off her horse and slumped to the ground. Everything became a blur, but the pain burned like a fire. Geongan clutched her wound and fell back. "Feorran, get more athelas,it will help with the pain." Geongan said. Feorran did as she was told and the pain began to subside but Geongan just laid there, she knew she would need strength for the rest of the journey.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2006 09:46
Feorran tended to Geongan more hurriedly than she would have liked, but she was desperate to go after Ciron, she did not know whether he was still alive and already she missed his clumsiness and his inability to fight. She grew more and more anxious and impatient and eventually she told Eorla to look after Geongan, mounted Hafoc and sped away. She soon found the tracks, Ciron had struggled so it was easy to tell the exact direction the man had taken him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

After a few hours of non-stop tracking Feorran reached a clearing where a small fire burned in the centre. They had made it of a bark that made less smoke than others, so Feorran knew she was lucky to have found the camp. Hidden in the bushes with a hand on the hilt of her sword, she looked around for Ciron. She saw him on the floor far away from the fire, tied to one of the larger sparse trees. He looked scared but unharmed, and Feorran wondered why they had kept him alive. She was about to wait for the many men to go to bed, for it was nearing evening, but they showed no sign of stopping eating around the fire or sharpening their weapons.

With the impatience of a young teenage girl, she shifted around as the minutes ticked by. She winced as a twig snapped under her foot, and started when everyone, Ciron included, looked up. Feorran tried to escape, but the men caught her and she quickly gave up the struggle as she was tired and not in the mood for fighting. She knew if she did she would die trying to escape. It was only when one man wrenched her arms behind her back that she struggled, and he efficiently hit her on the back of the head. It would not have been so bad had there not been an old, healing wound there already. Stars burst before her eyes and she pitched forward as this time a thick darkness overcame her straight away.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2006 12:26
Geongan laid there for sometime resting, but her thoughts dwelled on her friends who had not returned. She heard the others talking of going to searched, but how long would that take? "I must go, I'm more silent then they would be, and although I can't fight I will be able to find them." Geongan resolved. She slowly rose, the pain had partly subsided,but she knew she couldn't leave her friends. Geongan slipped into the night. She came to a forest and then a clearing, she saw her friends. Feorran was unconscious and Cirion looked terrified. "Why are they still alive?" Geongan wonderd, she was very happy nothing had happened to them, but why were the men sparing them? Then as Geongan turned to go back, the pain came back full force. Geongan fell down with a thud. She groaned, she was unable to move. She was in and out of consciousness. The last thing she saw was a man holding a dagger over her.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Look another girl! Lets kill this one!" The man said, he smiled. "Stop! We can't kill them until our boss says so. He has to find the one he wants. This one's badly hurt so you can just tie her arms and lay her by the others." Another man said, his face was softer than the others and his voice kinder. The man growled but did as he was told.
A short time later Geongan woke. She saw Feorran and Cirion. "Whats happening?" Geongan moaned. Then she cried out, her arms were tied behind her back. One man came over to her. "Shut up, or we hurt you even more." The man said, he held a club. Geongan hushed immdiately. She looked at Feorran. "Are you alright Feorran?" Geongan whispered. When she didnt answer she whispered to Cirion. "What happened to Feorran?" Geongan asked, she was quite concerned.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 02, 2006 02:13
Eorla and Rittio had held their own well during the fight with the dark men, and escaped with only a few nicks and scratches. Rittio had a long cut along his head that, tho he bled profusely, was only minor. Eorla was cleaning her sword when Rogue whinnied shrilly and reared. Eorla, startled because Rogue *never* reared, turned to see dark shadows of men departing. Rittio was gone.

Eorla gasped involuntarily, the recovered. She sheathed her sword, mounted Rogue, and kicked the mare sharply. Rogue snorted, then leaped forward eagerly.

"Geongan!" Eorla shouted. "Feorran? Anybody?" The only answer was her voice echoing. Rogue slid to a halt, snorting and stomping, and Eorla glanced up. In a small stand of boulders firelight flickered and licked around a fire. She saw several dark men and bundles that looked like her companions bound and gagged. Without another thought she drew her sword and charged into the boulders shrieking like a banshee.

((I don't mind if one of you has her captured, that's up to you guys if you think she should. I won't care))
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2006 02:25
Feorran opened her eyes and blinked away the stars. Her head was throbbing and she could not remember what had happened. Then she looked around and saw Ciron looking at her, terrified, and Geongan on the floor, also looking at her.

"It's my head, they re-opened the wound," she whispered. "But this time I'm not going to give in to the pain," she muttered, more to herself than anyone. She lifted her foot to her bound hand, gritting her teeth against the pain, and felt inside.

Ciron whispered, "I've got it," but Feorran shook her head. "There's another," she replied. She was surprised to find that they had not taken away her weapons, her sword was at her belt and the second dagger was in her boot. Slowly, ever so slowly, she sawed gently at her bonds.

Then Eorla leaped into the clearing, and Feorran almost laughed at the welcome distraction. She freed herself, Ciron and Geongan before the men noticed and then set about systematically killing them, doggedly ignoring the pain in her head.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 03, 2006 05:38
Díore heard no one once she returned to camp, and hearing screams, she wheeled Durithil around and charged him toward the sounds. Grabbing out her bow and notching an arrow into it, she let it loose into the clearing that Durithil thundered towards. The stallion broke through loose brush and reared over the nearest man, landing on his arm and breaking it. Choosing her targets carefully, Díore let loose more arrows in defense of her companions. Some men fled, but more stayed and tried to dehorse the shieldmaiden. One who seemed to be the leader took his knife and held it to Feorran's throat. The fighting ceased immediately. "I hold your friend's life in my hands," he said gruffly. "Tell us what we need to know, and she will go free."

Díore sat stock-still on Durithil, the stallion's sides heaving. "What is it then that you want to know?"

(This is a good place for someone with an idea to put in their two cents' worth.)
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 03, 2006 07:18
Eorla had had no idea whatsoever what she was going to do, but the shrieking seemed to distract the men. She finished off several men before they could recover, and jumped off of Rogue to see Feorran held by one of the men with a dagger to her throat. The man demanded information, and Eorla paused, puzzled. Diore asked a question in return, and the dark man smirked.

"The darkness has been quenched, but only just. The day is coming when it will blossom into full power, overcoming all who resist. We seek the one who can provide the key ingredient to this...new kingdom, you might say."

Eorla narrowed her eyes, furiously combing her mind for anything that she might use for pulling information from this leader. "What is this new kingdom you speak of?" she asked. "The only kingdom is the one here and now, with Lord Eomer on the throne of Rohan and Lord Aragorn on the throne of Gondor."

This referral to Eomer and Aragorn seemed to infuriate the man. He tightened his grip on Feorran, who only flinched to show her pain. "I grow impatient," he said. "I demand to know."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2006 09:24
Geongan was quite afraid at this moment. They wanted somethign that she could only give hints about and she wasn't planning on that. Finally she decided that she would do anything for Feorran. She stood slowly. "I know what you want, but taking it won't be easy." Geongan said, her face stayed solemn. The man looked at her, he was shocked. "I have heard of your plan for power, maybe I don't know it all but I can tell people about it and they will rise against you." Geongan said. The man looked angry. "Kill her!" He shouted. Geongan pulled out her sword quick as lightning and cut two men down in one slash. "You let my friend go. I'm the one you want. I'm the one that knows." Geongan said. "You don't seem to understand. If you don't tell me she dies." Them man said, he had an evil smile on his face. "Wouldn't you rather kill me? I know most of your plan, if I get away, I may tell others." Geongan said, she could see she was testing the man to his limits. She could see he was thinking,Geongan knew she had to move fast. Geongan jumped forward and pulled Feorran from his grasp, because while he was thinking he forgot he was supposed to be holding Feorran captive. "Run!" Geongan shouted. Then she turned. "you have failed! May you and your kingdom fall!" Geongan shouted, then she raced up. "darkfire!" Geongan shouted. Darkfire ran over to her and she jumped on his back. "Come, we must leave. Follow me!" Geongan said, she led the way toward the mountains, she didn't know this land too well but she knew they had to escape. She lowered her head and thought. "I hope they will not ask what I know, I do not know enough to go on anyway." Geongan thought, she had heard of a rising darkness,and she had heard some plans, but never did she think they would come true.
(I hope this is okay!)
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2006 09:49
Feorran rode alongside Geongan, guiding Hafoc with her knees and washing the drying blood from her neck with her hands. The man had cut deeper than he had probably intended, but she did not care now they were all galloping free once more, though they were being fast pursued.

"Thank you, Geongan," she said quietly. She blushed to the roots of her hair at her own directness and smiled awkwardly at her. "I think I owe you my life again. And when I had just evened it out..." she thought aloud. Luckily their horses were all fast, especially Hafoc, so the gap between them and their pursuers was lengthening.

Feorran stood up on the saddle with a practiced ease despite the speed they were galloping and strained her eyes into the distance behind them. "They're not gaining on us, still," she shouted to the rest of the group. "If we can keep this pace up, soon we will be through the mountains and from there on we have a higher chance of escaping." She sat down again and urged Hafoc on, his mane streamed back and she laughed and whooped. She, for one blissful moment, forgot of the danger they were in, it was just Feorran and Hafoc, riding into the sky.

[Edited on 3/10/2006 by bow_and_arrow]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2006 05:03
Geongan smiled at her friend, she had not seen her so happy before.
After sometime she began to slow Darkfire to a trot. "I think we lost them, we can slow down." Geongan said to everyone, she could see all the horses were exhausted. Geongan decided that she would tell Diore the secret kingdom they were planning. She didn't know much but she had to tell someone, and she didn't want Feorran to have to worry about anything. Geongan slowed until she was riding beside Diore. "Diore, about the plans, I don't know really what they are going to do, but I have heard a few hints." Geongan said. "I've heard they these men have been wanting to destroy Rohan. They are waiting until our King doesn't suspect anything, then they will strike." Geongan said. "That is all I know, I know it is not much to go on, but maybe we can find out more about it on our adventure." Geongan said, she smirked. Geongan could see Diore was thinking over this. "I'm leaving it up to you if you want to tell our other companions about this, it probably isn't very important, but I believe that the time of their attack will be soon." Geongan said, then she rode up and trotted next to Feorran again.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2006 05:15
Feorran slowed to a trot, still filled with euphoria but no longer flying. Geongan trotted next to Diore for a bit, and then came back, lookingas if she was brooding on some dark secret.

"What is it now?" she asked. "Please tell me before some more ill luck overtakes us, or else I shall forget to ask you and then it will gnaw at the back of my mind for days without me remembering what it is, and then I really shall go mad!"

With Geongan, Feorran felt more carefree, like she could speak her mind instead of blocking all her emotions from whoever she was talking to. "Tell me," she said.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2006 06:36
Geongan sighed, she couldn't keep a secret from her friend. "Well, about those men...I guess I know some of their plan." Geongan said. "What I've heard is that they are planning on destroying Rohan. Thats where they want their kingdom." Geongan said, her voice was a whisper. The mountain loomed above them. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you at first Feorran, I just didn't want to worry you." Geongan said. Then she looked around. "Where are we going from here?" Geongan asked to no one in particular.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 04, 2006 07:08
Díore heard the question and said grimly, "We find out as much as we can, even if it means following them. Then we must let the king know so we can decide on a course of action. My father is a Rohirric captain; he should get us an audience with the king." Her eyes were hooded, her fair face tense.

Her tone lowered as she pulled Feorran aside. "If their plan is to overthrow the king, then what part do I play? Why did that man pull blade to me?" she inquired.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email