Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hope of a Shieldmaiden (keep)
on: October 09, 2006 11:43
Geongan smiled when she heard Cirion shout, she had had her doubts about him, but he was a good lad. She loved the feeling as she rode fast. Then she noticed Feorran slowed, almost stopped. "Feorran! Whats wrong!?" Geongan called up to her friend. Feorran didn't answer. Geongan rode up to her then stopped. "What is it Feorr..." Geongan started, she stopped in mid sentence. She looked won also confused. "Whats going on?" Geongan whispered.

'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 10, 2006 07:46
((woah, you guys post fast! I'll try to tie up loose ends concerning Eorla))

Eorla had felt relieved after tackling Geongan's abducters, and the long gallop after defeating the dark men helped clear her head. The constant happenings were unsettling even to her, but she became a little less stressed once they were on their way again.

Feorran and Geongan slowed down their steeds, and Eorla did likewise, throwing puzzled looks at her companions. "What's going on?" she started to say, but only a squeak came out of her throat.

A few people, of which Eorla had never seen, had halted and were watching them approach. All were on horseback, but did not look like the normal Rohirric except for one. "Diore?" Eorla asked. "What are you doing here? Who are they?" A thousand questions clamoured for attention, but Eorla held them back until she got an answer to her first inquires.

((okay, would it be okay if I introduced Diore and Alardin here? You've been saying that you want Alardin back in Dinenlasse, so here he is!))
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2006 09:30
Feorran recognised Diore and Alardin at once, and she looked at them with open curiosity. She had not seen them for some time, and she was happy and yet confused to see them there. She drew herself up to her full height and Hafoc stepped forward to face them all.

"I'll put this shortly, what is going on?" she asked, putting a hand on the hilt of her sword. Hafoc tossed his head as if in agreement.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 10, 2006 11:16
(This works, and I suppose that some time has passed now...shall we say about three weeks? And my thinking is that Díore went back to Rohan and went to Gondor? I hope that this is where this is heading...if not, will change.)

Durithil halted near the main gate of Edoras, his sides heaving and sweat glistening on his coat. He had run hard for three days straight with hardly a rest. His mistress hardly looked any better; her hair was mussed, her face pale with exhaustion. Caring for her horse first, the maiden took him to a stable. After that was done, Díore alerted the first guard she saw.

"I need to see the king immediately!" she cried to the bewildered guard, who recognized her and took her home. She resisted firmly, but the guard told her that her father would help her more at the moment.

As his daughter stumbled through the door, Hasulfen stood up abruptly. "For heaven's sake, Díore, what brings you back so early?" he asked.

Díore met her father's eyes and gasped out her story. "I need to see the king now. Only then can be something done."

Hasulfen considered her. "Díore, I do not know how much of this is true, but rumors of such things have trickled into the king. We will see him now." He hustled out the door.

Díore sighed heavily with relief. Hasulfen was noted as being stubborn and unforgiving, but in this instance, he had sided with his daughter. She followed him to the castle and listened as Eomer had a deep conversation with her father and his other captains.

---------------------------

That had been about three weeks ago. And now, with the aid of King Aragorn, they had around twoscore mounted warriors to protect Edoras and the surrounding areas. More were promised. Alardin had caught up with Díore, and now they were at the head of the party with two other authoritative-looking men.

The company had been riding north when they had seen a camp of rebels, with a number that put the defenders at odd. And seeing a few horses galloping away from them with all speed, the company had hastened after them. Now, both were meeting for the first time.

"Are these the people you have been talking about, Díore?" one of the men said, his grizzled face showing the harshness of a warrior, yet his grey eyes shone with kindness.

Díore inclined her head. "Indeed they are, Father."

The other man snorted with derision. "Surely they would seem more."

"Not necessarily, Miahc," Hasulfen said seriously, his keen eyes taking in Eorla, Geongan, Ciron, and Feorran. "These young 'uns have seen some terrible things to be sure."

Díore rode over to the four. "When I returned to Edoras, I raised the alarm immediately, and we were told to ride to Minas Tirith and get aid. A score of us rode out the next morning at daybreak. We rode hard; it would have been too late if we had left later than we did. We are taking Gondorian soldiers back with us, and King Aragorn promised us more aid if need be. But what brings you out here?" Her face paled; it had been that way since she had returned to Edoras. Glancing over her shoulder, Díore saw Alardin looking at her with concern in his blue eyes. He wanted to help her, that was plain, but Díore wouldn't allow it at the present moment.

[Edited on 10/10/2006 by Dinenlasse]
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2006 05:44
Feorran, listening to Diore's answer, was sidetracked as she heard one of the men say how he expected more of them. She gave him an icy stare that could have frozen blood, and he looked down. "I'm Feorran, Horse Sister," she adressed all of the men, "And though you expected more, you should be quite content with a group who has been through as much as we have in such a short space of time," she said coldly.

Hafoc danced on the spot and whinnied, and she looked over to the horizon. She was not tall enough to see quite to them, though Hafoc was big, so she stood up on the saddle and strained her eyes, wishing she had those of an Elf. "More people," she said, confused. "From the direction of Minas Tirith, and all..."

(OOC - Sorry if I've ruined plans, they can still go to Gondor, it's just I think another long journey with nothing but a message is a tad repetitive?)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2006 06:35
Geongan sat quietly as she heard the story. She stared at all the men, looking them over. Then she was distracted by Feorran speaking of people coming their way. Geongan looked over also. "Dark men." Geongan said, her voice had lowered. "They are coming for a fight, but there are not many, this is not their whole army." Geongan said. "They may have thought it was only us, not an army. They will be expecting more men." Geongan said. "I think we have no choice but to fight. What say you?" Geongan asked the others, she really wasn't ready for another battle herself, but she knew if it came to fighting she would have to.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2006 09:21
"I for one'll fight," Feorran said simply, and unsheathed her sword, testing its balance and looking down it's length for flaws. Hafoc's ears were pricked and his nostrils were flared, apprehensive, he was always on guard once Feorran had drawn her sword.

Then Feorran unslung her bow and pulled an arrow out of her quiver on her back, selecting one that was straight, well-fletched and well-balanced before nocking it to her string.

"Another fight," she thought to herself, thinking that soon she would get used to this kind of lifestyle.

Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 11, 2006 09:43
Eorla watched with interest as the men came from the south, resting a hand on her sword hilt. It did not seem imperitive to take her sword out yet, until she knew who these newcomers were, but she wanted to be prepared.

The men approached cautiously, as they seemed to recognize them from earlier, but with no fear. It seemed as if the men had nothing to lose, even their lives, so Eorla drew her sword. The dark men broke into a sprint but the first line was mowed down by a crowd of arrows. She estimated the group of men to be about thirty. 'Easily taken down,' she thought, and swung her sword with all her might at a promising target.

The battle was quickly over due to the increase in numbers on the four companion's side, and soon Eorla was surrounded by slain dark men. Out of a morbid curiosity she nudged one over with her boot, staring into the man's face.

He could have been handsome at one time, but a grotesque fear combined with nameless hatred for anyone marred the features. A trickle of red had run down his chin from a split lip. Eorla looked away, a bit remorseful for having slain him, and did not see his hand stretching towards her leg.

[Edited on 11/10/2006 by Shadowfax_Pip]
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2006 10:10
Ciron had gone to the back of all the men while the small battle was bring fought. He went to higher ground and sat on the hill there, he knew that his friends would be safe because they were so good at fighting, and seven of the men were killed by arrows before they reached the soldier line.
He watched silently, the killing of men to men.
"What has happened to orcs" he muttered allowed,"at least they were not men like these".

He stayed where he was when the fight had ended, and after a few minutes came back down.
Then to his left he heard Eorla scream, and a figure was holding her with a knife to her neck.He disapeared into the lines or worried men.
A few moments later he came to Feoran who was running to the man, he told her to stop, and took the knife out of her hand.
Then as the man began to threaten to kill Eorla he was suddenly silenced, and fell back. To reveal Ciron standing, with a bloodied knife in his hands.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2006 07:58
Geongan fought the men. After stabbing one she turned over to strike down another. When she turned she was face to face with a boy not much older than herself. He looked scared and unwilling to fight. Geongan grabbed him and threw him as far as she could. "Go and hide!" Geongan shouted to him. The boy scrambled away. She fought the rest of the men, she wondered if they all really wanted to be fighting other men or if they all just wanted to live normal lives. When the majority had been destroyed and the few that were still alive fled the battle ended. The boy Geongan had spared ran away with the other men. Geongan looked around, she hated the fact that they had to kill other men, after all she was a half elf. She walked back over to her horse and gently rubbed his nose. "It is sad that it has come to men fighting men." Geongan said sadly. Then she looked over at Eorla. "Are you alright Eorla?" Geongan asked, she had seen her peril and was worried that she had been injured.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 12, 2006 10:59
Hasulfen had ridden to the front of the line, and Miahc, the captain of the guards from Minas Tirith, had readied his soldiers into battle array. Together with Díore, Alardin, and the other four, they defeated the men and had even captured a few as prisoners. Though Eorla was injured, Hasulfen had more important things to attend to. Waving a healer over to the injured girl, the Rohirric captain addressed the captives. "You are lucky that you were not slain today, and you are fortunate that we have no intention of doing so. However, because of your actions, you will be taken to Edoras and locked away. I see no reason why to waste any more innocent lives, though in our place, you would have had us all slain." Hasulfen spoke with barely hidden rage, his grey eyes blazing with an intensity that quelled the hearts of most of the captives.

Díore, listening intently to her father, Alardin at her side, met the eyes of one of the wretched men. His gaunt, pale face showed no signs of life, and his eyes were like death themselves. Upon meeting the gaze of Díore, however, a pitiful flame lit up in the depths of his eyes, and he gasped out with a hoarse croak, "You...you," he whispered, pointing a bony finger at the maiden. "You are the one they want..." The man fell silent, his eyes still alit.

Miahc stared at the man intently. "What do you mean?" he asked harshly, drawing his sword. But the man would say nothing. Alardin covered her hand with his own, for Díore's had gone cold, and said, "Do not worry. Your father and Miahc will sort it out."

"Indeed, what do you mean?" Hasulfen repeated. "What could you want with my daughter? She has nothing to offer, nothing at all."

Díore, however, turned her gaze to Feorran, and her expression clearly said, I want to find out what you know right now. She was tired of Feorran's secrecy; she wanted to know how she fitted in with this whole conspiracy, if she had any part in it at all.

(Díore, and myself for that matter, can be completely wrong about having anything to do with this...but I was under the impression that Díore was tied in with the plans.)

[Edited on 10/12/2006 by Dinenlasse]
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2006 02:23
"Listen, Diore, you are too impatient and you must wait for your destiny to unfold in front of you. This may sound odd, me at fourteen, you my elder, but believe me, if it was within my power to tell you I would. You are desperate to know what is hidden from you, but I tell you with the knowledge of my people that I fear you will find out sooner than later, whether I tell you or no."

Feorran kicked a sword that lay abandoned on the ground, and yelled in her head. She was fed up with being the youngest, and yet being the only one who knew the faint outline of what was going on. She was fed up of being looked down on by those older than her. She was fed up of all the hatred in the world, and all the fighting, the bloodshed and the screaming. She sheathed her own sword with a resentful sigh and mounted Hafoc again, stroking his muscled shoulders and smoothing his ruffled mane.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 13, 2006 10:58
Eorla answered Geongan, "No, not really. I only just about got knocked off by a complete stranger, that's all." She was a bit irritated that she was caught off guard like that, and brushed at a tickling sensation on her neck. Her hand came away red, and she raised her eyebrows. A healer hurried over, instructing her to hold still, and the Rohirric maid fidgeted as he cleaned the cut. It turned out to be superficial, much to Eorla's relief, and the healer finally left her alone. Eorla nodded her thanks and turned back to the captives.

They all were gaunt, in need of many good meals, with hopelessness and a sense of dread in their eyes. Eorla felt a twisting sadness in her chest, and felt tears ing her eyes. No one should look that hopeless without having gone through something horrible. Eorla began to turn away, but someone caught her eye. Feorran sat, her shoulders hunched, on the horse Hafoc. What Eorla had seen was the burning anger in the younger 's face. She stared, transfixed by the intensity of the emotion, but turned away with another wave of sadness. She was not very good at comforting or being a great help, and as such could not watch other's agony. Eorla blinked her tears away and mounted Rogue.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2006 10:18
"Where do we go now"Cirons voice cut through the silence.
He had stole a loaf of bread from one of the soldiers bags quietly and offered some to the rest of his friends.
"However many men weve got here, there will be more of them i think, they are rebels but they are not stupid. And from what i can remember, they have very good defences around their main base."
He sat on the grass beneath him, and was thoughtfull.
"How many men do we have here?"he asked to no particular person.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 14, 2006 07:59
Eorla glanced sharply up at Ciron; the young man seemed to be quite knowledgeable about their current situation and these dark men. "Might I ask how you would know so much about them?" she snapped, regretting the condescending tone her voice took. Before Ciron could answer she continued, "As for how many men there are here, I estimate about fifty. What did you have in mind?" She hoped that by removing the tone from her voice it would soften the hurt she may have caused.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2006 09:43
Geongan listened quietly to the people around her. She felt an ache in her heart when she saw Feorran. Even though Feorran was younger than herself she loved her like a sister, she felt they had a special bond in life. Geongan called to Darkfire and he trotted over. She walked him over to where Feorran was. "Feorran, if you need to talk I'm here, please don't hesitate because I will listen to every word." Geongan said, then she turned and mounted, she rode over to Cirion and offered him her hand. "Come on Cirion." Geongan said, she lifted him onto Darkfire. "Since you know so much why don't you tell us where we are supposed to go?" Geongan asked, she meant it in a kind of sarcastic way though. Then she looked over at the horizon where the small group of dark men escaped.She wondered if that boy was alright, he had such sadness in his eyes, such fear. Geongan wondered what would happen to the boy, she was glad she spared him. A boy shouldn't die needlessly...but what if when he became older he became more like the men that were trying to destroy them...maybe it was folly to let him escape. Geongan shuddered, such thoughts made her afraid, she could see the boy didn't know what he was doing. Then she looked back at the large group of soliders, could they take down such an enemy? "Will I even live to see the end of the war?" Geongan thought, that thought hung in her head for sometime.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 14, 2006 10:36
Díore frowned at Feorran and the tension that seemed to fill the air. Withdrawing her hand from Alardin's, she rode over to the four and sighed heavily for she had heard everything. "Why does it seem that we are angry at each other or have mistrusted? We should be helping each other, not quarreling over meaningless things." Her green eyes settled on each of them in turn. "It seems that I have been left out of the loop for this entire journey, whether in going someplace or having knowledge of these men. You four might have a plan, I do not know, but if you do, include me in on it." A fire lit up her eyes. "We all have a predetermined destiny, and whatever mine is, I want to face it with friends, even if it means starting over again with you four, for it seems that I have been lost in myself with no consideration for you."

(I hope I didn't jumble things up, but if I did, I will edit this.)
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2006 09:56
Feorran carefully removed any trace of the anger she felt from her face, as she trotted to Geongan and said quietly, so that Ciron could not hear, "It's just that I'm fed up with being the youngest, and yet being the only one who knows of what's going on. I'm tired of being looked down on by those older than me, when I am just as skilled in battle and maybe even more so at riding. I'm fed up of all the hatred in the world, and all the fighting, the bloodshed and the screaming that rings in everyone's ears, of having to kill innocent men to protect my own life and everyone else's. I don't want to kill, but I have to or otherwise die or lose all valour and honour. I'm still young, and look how many I have killed already." Feorran's eyes welled up with tears, which she did not bother to push away, as she normally did.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 11:28
Geongan looked at Feorran, she felt the same way. "I understand your feelings Feorran." Geongan said, you could see Geongan also held a great burden, but she tried not to show it, she felt that she had to be strong for Feorran and the others.Geongan had heard Diore and felt the same way with her, she wanted to be good friends with Diore, but she had to get to know her better. "Diore I will follow where you lead. I want to get to know everyone better as well, may the rest of our journey bring us closer in friendship." Geongan said in agreement. She looked at her other companions that she had traveled with. "I hope all of you agree with this also." Geongan said.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2006 09:33
Ciron did not join in with the others but made a promise that wherever they went he would follow. He was a small help, and he gradually became aware of this.
"We need to hunt these men out once and for all"he said and left the rest of the decisions to the rest of them.
But for now he would tag along and follow untill he could show his true worth, and he new that time would eventually come.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2006 07:51
Whats going on with this post, are we letting it go ???
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2006 08:00
(I'll post but I don't really know where we are heading at this time.)

Geongan sat on Dakrfire, waiting for the signal to go. She began wondering what they were going to do with the captives. She remembered again the boy she had saved and freed, she wondered if he was alright. "Well, shouldn't we decide the fate of the prisoners? We have a journey before us and we must begin as soon as possible." Geongan said, she was getting tired of just standing there.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2006 09:04
Feorran did not want to be rude, but then again she was easily bored, and now was one of those times. She noted Geongan's remark with a wry smile, and decided to brush up on Hafoc's skills. She circled him backwards, and asked him to rear and walk forward on his back legs. With a nudge of her knee he side-stepped and walked with exaggerated movements. Content that he was still fit, she stopped and waited again, trying not to look bored or exasperated but failing miserably.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 23, 2006 07:18
(I will post on this tomorrow! Sorry about the wait!!! And I know the direction in which I want this to go, so don't worry!)

[Edited on 10/23/2006 by Dinenlasse]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2006 07:32
I'm going to be gone for a few days..I'll try to catch up when I get back, don't let my character get too lost.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 24, 2006 02:52
Díore sat upon Durithil and pondered the group’s next motion. Hasulfen called her name, and smiling weakly at the others, the maid rode up to her father and asked, “What are we doing now?”

Hasulfen put a hand on his daughter’s shoulder. “We will return to Edoras and imprision these men. They are not fit to do much else than suffer, or so it seems. We will question them and hopefully glean information from them about their leader’s plans and his whereabouts,” the Rohirric captain answered, his grey eyes dead serious. “Miahc will bring his soldiers with us and help protect the surrounding areas, and perchance King Aragorn will aid us more.” The wizened man sighed and shifted with discomfort in his saddle. His awesome bay whinnied and pawed the ground anxiously. Hasulfen steadied his mount with a practiced hand. “As for you, I would have you stay with Alardin as much as possible for he will protect you as well as any other.” His hand slid under Díore’s chin, and she met his eyes. “This is for your sake, pretty one. I know you are well able to defend yourself, but I do not want to take the chances of them capturing you. You will stay with us, and the young ones too, under our protection, until we reach Edoras. Then, if you want, you may return with us to Minas Tirith so that we may counsel with the king about further action. Does that suit you?”

Díore nodded solemnly, filled with anticipation and gratitude for her father. “I thank you, Father,” she whispered, bowing her head.

“You are a good lass,” Hasulfen returned affectionately, stroking Díore’s face. “Your mother and I are proud of you.”

The moment passed, and Hasulfen turned to Miahc. “We will ride now for Edoras with the prisoners in tow.” The large knight nodded and mustered his men. Setting out at a steady pace, the large company struck out north, bound for Edoras. Díore rode in front, happy that things were being taken care of, but at the same time, apprehensive that something else was about to happen. And in the midst of the bunch of rogues, the gaunt man that had pointed Díore out in the confrontation hissed raggedly under his breath, “Your time will come, pretty one. Soon, our own time will arrive, and there will be no hope for anyone.”

-----------------------------------

That day had seemed so long ago for Díore as she lay beneath a thin blanket in front of a meager fire. The wind howled fiercely outside, its keening causing the inhabitants of the hovel to shiver with fright and cold. Snow blew furiously, causing a blinding storm that left destruction in its wake. She closed her green eyes, wanting the nightmare to end, but knowing that it never would.

It had been two years since King Éomer had been overthrown by the rebellious group, whose numbers had swelled so great that no one had a precise count of them. Only a few families remained in Edoras, Díore’s among them. The rest had fled, had been killed in the initial assault, or had been kept prisoner. Aragorn had rushed to Rohan’s aid too late; it had been taken over almost without a struggle. Éomer was held prisoner, as well as his queen Lothiriel and his son and heir, Prince Elfwine. Thankfully for Hasulfen and his family, they had been out of the area when it was overrun otherwise the captain would have been killed (for he was the main one that had captured the enemy previously) and his wife and daughter given to the soldiers for their pleasure. They had been captured upon their arrival back in Edoras, but were released on the condition that they stayed in the city and quartered a soldier in their home.

A lone tear slid down Díore’s cheek as she thought about her friends and companions. They had accompanied the group back to Edoras but had remained behind there once Hasulfen and Miahc rode for Minas Tirith. She huddled further under the blanket and shivered with fear. Where had the pleasant life she had known gone? The winters had been harsher than they ever had been previously, and there wasn’t one person who hadn’t suffered. Her parents had grown thinner, their hair graying even though they were still quite young. Even Alardin had received wrinkles around his eyes, and him being only a year older than Díore. Alardin, the maid wanted to weep. He was her closest friend now, but she hadn’t seen him for nigh three months now. His whereabouts were unknown. Rising from the floor on which she laid, Díore made her way to a mirror that hung over the mantle. Looking it in made her gasp. Her complexion, normally a healthy tan, had faded to a sickly white, and her once bright green eyes were dull and void of life, but such was the way that everyone looked these days. There was a fire in the depths of her gaze now that hadn’t been there before, however. The thought of revenge was sweet, and there was nothing more that Díore wanted than to than to gain Edora’s freedom, but as soon as the thought came up then she thrust away to the back of her mind. The men numbered too great for them to be overthrown lightly.

A knock sounded on the door, and Díore tottered toward it unsteadily. She opened it, and the guard that occupied her house stumbled in out of the blinding storm. He looked upon her lustily and put a hand under her chin. “One day you will look upon me with favor, my dear,” he said huskily.

Díore pulled her head away and replied defiantly, “I would die than accept the advances of the likes of you.” Her eyes bored into his with hatred.

The man laughed drunkenly, seized her hand, and pulled her close. “Your father will give in one day, and my lord [the leader of the men] said that you will be mine eventually. It is only a matter of time, my little bird.”

His breath was fetid on her face, and she wrinkled her nose in disgust. Laughing harder, the guard pushed her away and sat himself upon a chair. If he bathed properly, Díore mused silently, he wouldn’t be so bad looking. His hair was dark, and his eyes a startling blue. His face would have been pleasant to look upon if it wasn’t covered in grime and dirt. Díore shook her head deftly and left him, stoking up the fire and awaiting for her parents to return from the palace where the overlord of Edoras had summoned them. Her thoughts turned again to Feorran, Ciron, Geongan, and Eorla. Where were they? she wondered. Did they fare better than she or were their fates worse? Only time would tell.

(I hope this works, but if there is a problem with any of it, please let me know and I will edit.)

[Edited on 10/24/2006 by Dinenlasse]
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2006 11:24
OOC: sorry but i cant reply until i know this... is that all a dream or have two real years passed since the position we were in
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 24, 2006 11:28
Sorry about the confusion...this is indeed two years after the position. I thought to edge this along, but if it is not understandable, I will change it.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2006 09:40
Feorran thrust her sword with one last effort and killed the final orc. She wiped her sword on the grass, and without a word remounted Hafoc and turned back to Edoras. The wind whipped her hair around her, and she pushed it out of her eyes absentmidedly. She had escaped from her own house where she was being held prisoner a while before, the guard had been drunk and the night had provided good cover. But she couldn't help but think whether the others had been so lucky as to get out alive.

Feorran was joyful to be free again, but she was scared for the others, were they still alive or not? She wiped the tears from her cheek with the back of a gloved hand and sat there, knowing that she was running out of food but not wanting to return to Edoras and be captured again. It was late in the evening, and the sun was setting. She was exhausted, and that night she cried herself to sleep as she had done ever since being captured.

[Edited on 26/10/2006 by bow_and_arrow]
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2006 10:10
Ciron sat against the hard stone wall, and not finding any comfort from the wooden floor. His hands were bound with iron chains. For about a year he and the rest of the group except Diore had been movec around from place to place by the ruling rebels, but somehow Feorran had escaped this time, and they had all been split up in case they planned an escape. Now they were all alone, or at least Ciron was, but he did not know if anyone else had escaped.

They had came back to Edoras from the mountains and there they had helped to build up a defence against the innevitable attack from the rising rebels.They had all been trapped insidfe Edoras and therefore caught, now Ciron did not know where in all of middle earth he was. All he knew was that he was now being treated as a slave by some satanic worshipping rebels in some large house in the middle of no where.

He layed down as best he could, and for the first time since he could remember, he wept.

After a while one of the masters of the house hold came through th dark doorway with a whip. Ciron looked up and when he saw the whip a look of terrow passed over his face
"Get up, slime", the man said and hit the wall with his whip.
Ciron stood crumpled and proudless.
"Follow me" he carried on, and Ciron followed him through bloodred halls and dark pasageways.

OOC, this has made the posting mush more interesting
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 25, 2006 10:26
Eorla coughed, trying to ease the pain in her chest. The bitter cold air hurt her throat, and the harsh wind did not help her situation. She was riding Rogue through a snowstorm, debating whether to attempt to find her companions, stop for the night, or ride back to Edoras after the storm was over.

It was two years since she had made the decision to help her companions fight the dark men, but in the past few months their group had splintered into fragments. She was on her own again, lost in the plains of Rohan.

Rogue stumbled, nearly falling and jerking Eorla back into reality. She dismounted, loosening the mare's cinch and pulling off the saddle. Rogue lay down gratefully, her back to the wind and forming a shallow warm spot. Eorla propped the saddle against the mare's side and lay down next to the warm body. The snow blew over, threatening to bury her, but she did not mind. Sleep was the only thing on her mind. Before Eorla's eyes closed she thought she saw a form, advancing in the whiteness, but with another rasping cough she blinked, falling into the welcome darkness of sleep.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2006 11:55
Geongan had been wandering the lands of Middle earth for two years now, always wondering how her friends were, she missed Feorran much. She had been taken from Rohan two years ago because some of the Rebels didn't like her since she was half elven, they thought she was some sort of sorceress. So Geongan spent long years alone, she planned to one day find Feorran and her friends again, and so now she was wandering the plains of Rohan. As she walked on, her horse trailing behind, she saw a figure laying in the snow. Geongan rushed over and knelt beside the figure. "Eorla?" Geongan asked aloud. She quickly lifted her out of the snow. "Eorla are you alright?" Geongan asked. When Eorla didn't answer Geongan lifted Eorla onto Darkfire, Geongan mounted also. She made sure that Rogue was going to follow then she made her way across the field. Geongan still didn't want to go to Edoras, so she decided to make a camp. She made a small fire so that she could wake Eorla. Geongan shivered, she didn't like these lands anymore, danger was lurking. Then she noticed Eorla began to stir. Geongan rushed over. "Eorla, long has it been since we have seen each other. It is I, Geongan." Geongan said with a smile. "Then Geongan heard a sound. "If you are well enough then we must make haste and leave Rohan, but we will return soon, but the two of us will not be able to fight the evil that guards these lands, not yet anyway." Geongan said. She mounted Darkfire and waited for Eorla to mount. "We will return soon." Geongan said as she looked out at the white plains.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2006 10:18
Ciron had found a small time when he was not being watched and so he hastily ran down corridors and through empty rooms. The house to which he was enslaved was huge, an as he ran the cains that bound his wrists together made echos through the dusty halls.

Ciron was no longer allowed to wear his own clothes, instead he had to wear the dark red and black ones that he had been given, and a strange symbol on his front made him look like the other rebels.

As the house he was in was a few storeys high Ciron found a way to the roof. He opened a door, and he walked out onto the top. Wind howled around him trying to tear his clothes, but he didnt care. He gratefully felt the soft snow fall onto him. He walked to the edge of the house, but the ground was too far away to think of jumping off.

But then he saw it. A plant that had climbed up the side of the house, and ideas of escape flashed through his mind. He ran to where the plant touched the roof and began to climb slowly down the side of the house.

Soon he came to a window, and looking out of it was one of the guards of the house. Ciron looked through the window at the guard, and then urgently he bagan to slide down the wall, only hoping to escape.

But bells were rung, and people were running everywhere, and he was caught when he reached the ground.
There was no escape for him.

[Edited on 26/10/2006 by Irmo_of_lorien]
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 02:16
(OOC - Do I have to make my character two years older in the db?)

Feorran looked up and hastily stuffed the remainder of her meal into her backpack. She mounted Hafoc and spurred him on, for she had seen two figures on horseback not too far away. Hafoc was fast, and she was soon able to see their faces. She reined Hafoc in, and he reared and whinnied, beating the air with his hooves. The sound made the two people turn around, and Feorran looked at them with an overwhelming sense of recognition. She moved Hafoc on to walk towards them, and stopped barely half a metre away, fighting back tears.

She embraced Geongan, and then Eorla, and said their names, feeling the words on her tongue after two years. She looked them both up and down. 'You have not fared well,' she said seriously. In the years that Feorran had been caught, escaped, and roamed the plains of Rohan, she had grown a lot taller, and her face had retained its youthful appearance, but in her eyes was a deep maturity and sorrow. Then Feorran smiled, and all her worries were chased away as she embraced her friends again.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 07:27
Geongan smiled and cried when she saw Feorran. She sat her down by the fire. "I have been traveling the lands for these two years, where have you been?" Geongan asked. She turned and tended Eorla. "I am glad I found her, she would have been buried by snow if I had not seen her." Geongan said. Then she turned back, you are still the same young girl I met so long ago." Geongan said with a sad smile. "I have grown so much, I have seen much sadness in my years of traveling that I hope to never see again." Geongan said, she stared into the fire as she remember the terror of seeing many die when a village was burned by some rebels, she wasn't able to save many, only two people she rescued. "This land must be restored to its orginal beauty, we must get help." Geongan said, her eyes had lost their old twinkle of mischivousness, and all that was left were tears and pain, but still her determination shone through.
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email