Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hope of a Shieldmaiden (keep)
on: October 26, 2006 08:58
"I escaped for the guards that held me in my house a while ago, and I've been travelling the lands since, just as you have. And yes, we must get help. I am worried for Diore and Ciron, the boy never could look after himself. Though he won't be much of a boy now, will he..." She sat staring at the fire. "Look at me! Look at us! We're as miserable as...as...as clean orcs!" she finished. "Come on, she said, standing. "I'm not going to sit here being miserable all night. Are we going to get help or not?" she asked, her old impatience returning. When Geongan stood up, Feorran laughed. "How long have I been this much taller than you?" she laughed, and mounted Hafoc with the same ease and grace.

(OOC - Will someone answer my question please?)
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 11:28
OOC, lol, i dont know if you will have to make her older in the db, because you might want to use her again in another post. Im not making mine older, hes only now 16 for this post

The day after his escape attempt Ciron hads been put in a room with no windows, and a guard, who stood silent in the corner.
Ciron noticed his sword and decided to ask"Can you teach me, please, how to use a sword"
And the man looked at Ciron trying to see what was going on inside the boys head.

In the end he went to get another sword, and gave one to Ciron. Ciron struggled to hold the weight of the weapon. The man laughed as he saw the struggle and lifted the sword above his head, then he brought it down and Ciron was only just quick enough to thrust the sword up to stop the blow. For hours Ciron tried to fight the man, his plan being to kill him and then escape, but the man was too good, and so Ciron was stuck with learning the art of the sword.

By the end of the day Ciron fell to the ground and slept instantly. The guard gave a sneer and said"See you tomorrow, little slave".
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 27, 2006 07:30
(No one has to change the age of their character in the db…the only reason I made it two years later was for more of a dramatic effect.)

Díore heard the door opening and the sound of footsteps immediately. She hustled down from upstairs and was relieved to see her parents framed in the doorway. But in an instant, she knew that something was wrong. Their faces were gaunt; the lines around their eyes had grown ever deeper. “Mother, Father, what is wrong?” Díore queried, noting the look in Hasulfen’s and Awyndel’s eyes with concern.

Awyndel came and took her daughter’s hand. “We were summoned by the overlord, and he demanded of us your hand,” she said hoarsely, her breath coming out in gasps.

Díore reeled, eyes widening in fear. “And?”

Hasulfen, ever the strong one, replied gruffly, “We told the blaggard we would do no such thing, that your love was to be given to whomsoever you chose. His only remark was that we would be held up in the castle until our mind was changed. The only reason we are not there is because we told him we’d consider it.”

Frightfully, the maid clutched her mother’s hand. “But you never would consent, Father, you couldn’t.”

Hasulfen came forward and placed a worn hand on Díore’s thin shoulder. “Never if we can help it, lass. I would die before they had a chance to take you from us.” Glancing around the empty room, the Rider remarked, “Our guard, he is not here?”

The young woman scoffed. “Him? No. He went into town a while ago to take his fill of pleasure at the local tavern,” she said scathingly.

Awyndel sighed happily and went to tend the fire. “That is all well and good so we can have some peace of mind here at home.”

Hasulfen turned to his wife and said quietly, “This isn’t our home, Awyndel. It will never be again until this filth is gone, and until our rightful sovereigns are on the throne again.”

A pounding at the door caused the trio to start. Hasulfen opened the door, and half a dozen guards stood out on the threshold, the snow blowing around them. “Our lord commands the pair of you into the cells for disobeying his will,” one of them said officially, the look on his face one of boredom.

“And how are we supposed to have disobeyed him?” the Rohirric captain returned calmly.

The guard’s face reddened with anger. “Do not question his will. Follow us silently, and you will not be harmed.” He withdrew a broadsword and held it Hasulfen’s throat. “Come now, sir.”
The two women stood near the fire, eyes alit with fear. “The young lady will come too,” the guard said as the others entered the room and took hold of the inhabitants’ arms.

They were marched out of the house in an orderly fashion, offering no resistance for they knew that they were powerless against the soldiers. Chills ran up Díore’s back, whether from fear, the biting cold, or both, she didn’t know.

(For future reference, no one please try to aid Díore right now because I have an idea with what is going to happen with her.)
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 28, 2006 09:40
Eorla had been terribly relieved to see Geongan and Feorran again, as she had missed their company the past two years. She grinned wryly as Feorran observed that she had not fared well. "No, but at least I'm alive," was all she said. She listened carefully as Feorran told of her escape and past few months of wandering, then coughed, feeling flim catch in her throat. She mounted Rogue slowly, coughing again, and turned to the others.

"Where are we off to next? Edoras, rescuing Ciron?" She looked down at her chapped hands, a little curious about how Ciron and Feorran had been captured, but staying silent.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2006 10:24
"No." Geongan said firmly. "We must stay here for a time. I am also worried about Ciron and Diore, but going to that place would be folly. We would only be capture." Geongan said. "I want to save my friends, I would risk my life for them, but I feel the time is not right." Geongan said. She saw the sad look on Feorran's face and smiled. "Do not be sad Feorran, we will rescue them soon, but let us sleep while we can. I fear we will have many trials ahead of us." Geongan said. Geongan wasn't sure if Feorran would listen to her warning, she had already mounted Hafoc.
That night Geongan was slept fitfully.
When she woke the next morning she wished she was back at Edoras. "I miss home." Geongan sighed. Then she looked up and saw the others were awake, she had gone for two years without seeing Edoras, when she met them she had been 17 and now she was 19, she felt anger rise in her. "I hate those men, they took our land from us. I wish I could go back." Geongan said, her hands were in fists. "Maybe we should go back. If we can't rescue Diore and Ciron yet we should see how they are faring." Geongan said. "We will have to be secretive, I guess we could be like spies. What say you?" Geongan asked, but she could tell that they were rwady for a journey back home. Geongan quickly mounted Darkfire. "We're going home boy." Geongan whispered into Darkfire's ear. The horse pawed the ground, he was ready to go. "Is everyone ready?" Geongan asked. "Now remember this must all be kept secret, they mustn't know that we've come to check up on our friends." Geongan said, then she looked ahead and spurred Darkfire to a canter. She hadn't felt so happy in so long, but she also felt a little afraid of what they might see.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2006 05:02
Feorran reluctantlyy dismounted Hafoc, but it was not long befor she was back in the saddle again, ready to visit her friends. She galloped after Geongan, smiling as if she was going to visit her home, but she knew her real one was long since burnt to the ground, or had some other horrible fate. Her smile hardened, and eventually she abandoned it altogether. She could see Edoras on the horizon and the smile that would have come faded as she remembered her brief imprisonment and cold fingers involuntarily clutched her heart.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2006 09:24
When they arrived at Edoras guards stopped them at the gate. "Where do you think you're going?" The guard asked. "We are travelers trying to find a place to stay." Geongan said, she had the hood of her cloak over her head. The guard didn't seem to believe this. "Why don't you go somewhere else." The guard said, and this was not a question. "Please sir, it's very cold..." Geongan began. "Don't you think I know its cold! I've been standing out here for hours, now get moving!" The guard shouted. Then another guard looked out. Geongan knew,even though teo years had passed, that this was the boy she had saved on the battle field. "Come now Berethor, why not let them in?" The young guard asked. The guard couldn't seem to answer. "You may come on through, I'll take you to a place to stay." The young guard said. The other guard grumbled, but he didn't object. "Thank you." Geongan said. "I should be the one thanking you, you are the girl that saved him two years ago." The guard said with a smirk. "You remember?" Geongan asked. "Yes, I've always wanted to thank you. You see, I'm a horrible fighter, you could have killed me if you wanted to but you decided not to and I respect that." The guard said. "What is your name?" Geongan asked. "I am Fhaleen, and what is your name my lady?" Fhaleen asked. "Um...my name is Lilige." Geongan said, she didn't want anyone to know her real name, no matter how kind he seemed. "And you are these prople traveling with you?" Fhaleen asked. "My friends, are we close to an inn? I am very cold." Geongan said, she wanted to get off the subject of names. Fhaleen nodded and then showed them to an inn. Geongan let the other two go in ahead of her but as she began to walk in Fhaleen grabbed her arm. "Lilige I know you are our enemy so if you try to do anything to save your land, although now that is impossible, I will have to take you to my king." Fhaleen said, he didn't sound too happy. Geongan stared, her eyes wide. "I'll be watching you and your friends." Fhaleen whispered, then he let her go and walked away. "Never trust an enemy." Geongan said, she was mad that she had ever thought about him now. She came inside. "Sir, could you give us a room to stay in?" Geongan asked the inn keeper. "Yes my lady, here I'll take you to the room." The inn keeper said. Geongan walked in silence then she turned to her friends and whispered to them. "We cannot trust Fhaleen, do not tell him anythig, not even your names. He said that he will keep an eye on us so we will have to be especailly sneaky." Geongan whispered. "Here is your room." The inn keeper said. "Thank you." Geongan said, then she walked in and plopped down on the bed. "I can't believe I thought I could trust him! I thought maybe he was different." Geongan said sadly.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2006 10:25
Feorran looked in open distrust at the younger guard, but her hood was up so he did not seem to notice. When they got to the room at the inn, she felt her claustrophobia clutching at her heart, she had been outside for so long she had forgotten how acute it could be. Feorran remembered her time in captivity and it only made it worse. She flung herself face down on the nearest bed and whimpered involuntarily. Before it engulfed her completely, she made brief excuses to Geongan and Eorla, pale and shaking, and struggled not to run outside to Hafoc, who was bedded in the stables. She wrapped her arms around his muscular neck and buried her face in his long mane.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2006 02:39
"Are you alright Feorran?" Geongan asked, she had followed her to the stables. Geongan's voice was gentle, she placed her hand on Feorran's shoulder. "You don't need to be afraid, I won't let anything happen to you." Geongan said. Geongan went over to a stool and sat down. "I must admit I'm a little scared myself. I don't know where either of our friends are. And that guard will be watching jus a lot I fear." Geongan said. Then she put her face in her hands. "I've tried to be strong but everything I do seems to end in faliure." Geongan said, then she sighed. "Well, tomorrow I'm going to start walking around and asking about our friends." Geongan said. Then she stood and left.
The next morning Geongan left early. She walked around with her cloak pulled around her, she left her hood down so she wouldn't seem unapproachable. The first person she saw was a little girl, she ran across the street holding a doll. Geongan wasn't going to speak to her but the girl ran up to her. "Hello, are you new around here?" The girl asked. "Yes." Geongan said. "Why did you come here? I hate this place." The girl said. Geongan raised an eyebrow. "I came here looking for someone." Geongan said. "Are you Rohirric?" Geongan aksed. "Yes." The girl replied. "I need to know if you have ever heard of a boy named Ciron or a girl named Diore." Geongan said. "I haven't heard of any Ciron but I know Diore. She is supposed to marry someone soon." The girl said. "Really?" Geongan said, she was surpirsed at this. "Yes, I'm sorry but I know nothing of your other friend." The gilr said. "Thank you young friend." Geongan said with a smile.
Then the girl ran off and Geongan continued her walk.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2006 03:25
Feorran tried to smile at Geongan to thank her for her kind words, but she failed and by the time she was sure that her latest meal would not come up if she opened her mouth, Geongan had left. Feorran untied Hafoc and went out to do some investigating of her own.
Leading Hafoc through the streets, she headed to where she knew the poorest people lived. The poor seemed to know all the gossip, and some she had befriended before she left with Diore and the rest.
When she arrived, she bent down beside two young children huddled in a doorway. Their eyes widened at the sight of such a large horse, and the boy reached out a tentative hand to touch it. Hafoc remained still, much to Feorran's relief, and she asked the boy, "You haven't heard of two prisoners, have you? A boy my age and a girl older?" she asked softly so no one would overhear.
The boy answered boldy. "There is a girl prisoner getting married, and a boy who people say was a thief before he disappeared from here and then came back. My mama says he was a bad boy but I think he sounds amazing," said the boy. "Imagine, a real life thief..." the boy trailed off. The girl, who looked older, said, "They have him in a big place over there - " here she gestured down the street, " - the one with mazes of passages, they say."
"Thank you both," Feorran said from the bottom of her heart, and gave them each two apples she had stolen from the inn. She mounted Hafoc and galloepd off to find Geongan, the horse's hooves clattering on the cobbles.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2006 08:20
Geongan saw Feorran racing over to her. Geongan heard the story and was very happy. "We must think of what to do next. We will have to be wary, we are being watched." Geongan said. She wondered how Ciron was fairing, she knew they would have to get to him soon. "Did you find anything out about Diore? All I heard was she was getting married to someone." Geongan said, Feorran had heard the same. Geongan sighed. "I don't like the sound of it, something is fishy about this sudden marriage, we will have to look into it." Geongan said, mostly to herself. "I will go and speak with Eorla, I know you don't like going inside. I'll bring her out here if she is well and rested." Geongan said.
"Eorla, we have found news about Diore and Ciron, would you like to come with us so as we can divise a plan and maybe find out how they are fairing?" Geongan asked.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 30, 2006 08:30
"Yes!" Eorla half-yelled, catapulting off her cot. "What have you discovered? Are they safe? How did you find out?" Questions poured through her mind like water, demolishing the boundaries in her tongue and streaming out words.

After a moment she paused for a breath, then bit her lip to refrain from asking any more until Geongan had answered. However, one managed to escape: "Where are they?"
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2006 10:45
"Ciron is in a house with a maze of passages, or so the girl said," Feorran said, coming inside anyway. "I do not know where Diore is, she seems to be evading us," said Feorran wryly. "But they know that Ciron was a thief, that could prove ill for him. I think I'll go outside now..." she said and fair ran out of the room.

(OOC - sorry, no time for longer post!)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2006 11:27
Geongan's gaze followed Feorran as she rushed out. "I guess you know, come we must began searching." Geongan said.
Geongan tapped Feorran's shoulder. "Come along friend, we have much to do." Geongan said, her voice was a whisper. They walked down the street calmly, but inside Geongan was ready to jump at anything, she was frightened because she wasn't sure how many people were watching them. She looked around, at every face they passed, were they spies too? "What should we do? Ask more questions about their whereabouts, or look around for them?" Geongan asked.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 30, 2006 11:29
I will put on a lengthy post tomorrow, I promise!
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 31, 2006 03:47
Díore was marched through the door, a guard at each side and one holding her arms behind her back. Seated in front of her on the throne that King Éomer usually occupied was the overlord of Edoras, a tall dark man called Rinfelir. He was a strong built man with dark hair and calm grey eyes. He was handsome in a roguish way, the glint of cunning in his eyes. Without regard to her situation, Díore was drawn to Rinfelir, but when he spoke to her, she remembered the reason for which she was in the castle. “At last you have come,” Rinfelir said calmly with a smirk. “You have grown rather sorry indeed.” His voice was soft yet malicious. He looked to his guards. “Release her,” he commanded, and with a wave of his hand, the guards withdrew to the perimeter of the stone room.

Díore staggered forward, self-conscious of her ragged appearance against the finery of the man. Rinfelir reclined in the throne. “And you realize why you were brought here, do you not?” he asked, stroking his chin pensively.

When she spoke, the maid’s voice was shrill with tension. “I do,” Díore replied. Though her body was shivering with cold, her mind was clear, and her purpose was plain: she would not leave here until her parents were freed.

“And,” Rinfelir continued, “what have you to say?”

“I think you are mad,” she spat bitterly. The hatred in her voice startled even Díore. “To imprison my parents when they think to defy you when they have my interests at heart, it is nothing less than the work of a fool.”

Rinfelir came down from the throne and approached Díore. He placed a hand under her chin and made her look upon him. “You midjudge me, lady. I am not mad or a fool; I am an intelligent man who took control of a realm through ingenuity and strength. I cannot help it if your former king was as incompetent as I took him to be in the first place.”

Díore narrowed her eyes angrily. “King Éomer was never incompetent,” she whispered fiercely, loyalty for her country surging through her like her own lifeblood. “It was you who destroyed our way of life because you were unhappy with yours.”

Rinfelir remained calm though his eyes flashed irately. “And that is why I would wed a woman like yourself, Díore. You are strong-willed, know your own mind, and will fight for what you believe in. Pity I would have to tame that spirit of yours. You would be a rebellious leader, and that is something I cannot have if I want to maintain my place here.”

Díore pulled away from Rinfelir in disgust. “Sir, I never consented to marry anyone.”

Rinfelir raised his eyebrows in surprise. “But do you not want your parents to go free? Agree to marry me, and your parents will be free, as well as any you choose.”

The maid drew herself up to her full height, which only reached the man’s chin. “There are others you can marry. I am of no importance to you. Let me go home.”

The overlord laughed softly. “I couldn’t do that. You are too fair a jewel for me to let you slip away and be tarnished by another. Prior to us coming here, I had been having you watched.” Díore gasped. That would explain the dark man that had been following her up until the takeover. Rinfelir laughed again at the surprise on Díore’s face. “Of course I had planned all this out, my dear. Do you not think that a warlord should not have a pretty wife at his side?”

Anger coursed through Díore’s veins, and she fought the urge to hit the man in front of her. Doing that would only cause further strife for her and her family. The man noted this and remarked, “You are controlling your temper as well. What an asset you will be as my wife, pretty one.”

Through clenched teeth, Díore vowed, “I will never marry you, not if you bribe me with riches or luxuries or the thought of having my parents freed. There is nothing but death for me if I marry you, no matter what you say.”

Rinfelir motioned his guards, and they came forward and grabbed the maid’s arms. “I think you will sing a different song, my bird, once you are without your parents for a while and have no one but my friendly guard in your house…with my permission to do as he pleases.” The man took her hand, kissed it, and returned to his throne. “Take her back to her home, and tell Hurind that he may do as he likes with her, short of taking advantage of her.” Rinfelir waved them away, and Díore strained against their arms, crying madly, “I will live to see the day you die, Rinfelir!”

Rinfelir scoffed. “You will be my wife soon, and so it shall be heralded to those who ask. Then how are you to kill me then, when I am surrounded by servants and guards loyal to only me and not you?”

Then the door closed, and the man was out of sight. Resigned, Díore was led throughout the halls, down the stairs, and brought to her home. There was no smoke coming from the chimney, but the door opened, and Hurind was in the doorway. One of the guards nudged the maid. “She is yours, man,” he said.

“It is about time my lord consented,” Hurind sneered.

“You cannot harm her,” the guard warned.

Hurind nodded and allowed the guards to escort Díore in. She felt a nudge in her palm, and she looked over her shoulder at one of the guards who held her arms. Through his helm, the lady could see a pair of blue eyes. “Worry not, miss. I will help you out soon.” Díore smiled weakly, but as soon as the guards were gone, her smile turned to a grimace.

Hurind commanded Díore to accompany him to a local tavern, and she agreed very reluctantly, knowing that once he was drunk, she could make well her escape for she planned to leave that night if possible. As they were walking through the snow, Hurind put his arm around Díore’s waist and pulled her close to him. She struggled violently, but the guard only tightened his grip. Then, Hurind sighed and seemed to fall lazily to the ground. A knife hilt showed from his chest, and a cloaked man stepped up from amidst the snow. Díore gasped, but was relieved to hear a familiar voice. “I told you I would help you, did I not?” a soothing voice asked.

“Alardin?” Díore whispered, hardly daring to believe the truth. The Rider embraced his friend and said, “It is all right now. I have been a guard of Rinfelir for the past three months, and I was among those who took you and your parents to the castle. Your parents know that I was there, and there are friends of mine who will help them escape, but it is perilous to do anything at the moment.” His blue eyes locked on Díore’s emerald ones. “You did splendidly back in the throne room, and if you can keep up that attitude with him, there is hope.” Díore indeed believed there was hope, and if Alardin was here and all right, then there was some hope of resistance after all.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2006 06:17
"I think we should look around. There cannot be many houses with mazes of passages underneath or in them," Feorran said. Her heart dropped a little nearer to her boots every time anyone mentioned the maze of passages, a maze where she could get lost in the thin, dark, winding passages, and then...She shuddered and continued to stride in the direction the girl had pointed her. Eventually they came to a dead end, and there were many normal houses but one slightly bigger one.

"I think that's it," whispered Feorran, pretending to be busy with her belt. "Now what?"
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2006 09:20
(you weren't kidding about a long post Dinenlasse!)

Geongan looked at the building before them. "I'll go in, but I think you should stay out Feorran, I know how you hate confinment." Geongan said. "I'm sure Eorla will accompany me. You can go around and ask about Diore, make sure she is alright and find out who she is marrying." Geongan said. She could tell that Feorran wanted to argue but Geongan held up her hand. "We must go, no more questions." Geongan said.

Geongan and Eorla slowly walked up to the dark building. Geongan looked at it. The building looked evil. Geongan then walked in, she held her breath as she stepped in, then let it out. She pulled the hood of her cloak over her head. She slid into the shadows so that she wouldn't be seen. "I wonder how far we have to go?" Geongan whispered.
After walking for a long time Geongan began to believe they were lost. "Maybe we should have brought Feorran with us." Geongan said. They came to a fork in the tunnels before them. "Which way should we go?" Geongan asked Eorla. Both ways seemed foul to her, but one to the right didn't smell as bad as the one to the left. "The one to the right seems less foul, maybe we should go down there." Geongan said, then she heard the sound of footsteps. "We don't have a place to hide, what should we do?" Geongan asked Eorla, she was keeping her calm, although the situation was very urgent.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2006 10:26
Feorran strode up to her two friends, who looked scared but ready to fight. "The best way to overcome your fears is to face them head on," she said shortly. "So are you lost?" Feorran took their silence for a 'yes'. "The right fork has less of a reek about it, but then again, they are most likely to keep prisoners in the fouler places, aren't they," she said, taking deep breaths and concentrating on thinking about the two forks. She swore softly and leant with her head against the wall, her eyes closed. When Feorran had got her rising panic under control again, she said, "So which one do we take? I'm as lost as you are," she said, smiling shakily but still retaining her old cheek and mischief, though that side of her appeared less frequently.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 31, 2006 12:19
Díore sighed as Alardin left her on the threshold and closed the front door of her house. The man would return to the castle but then return and visit the daughter of Hasulfen when he had time. She went to the empty fireplace and lit a fire, happy that Hurind was no longer there to harass her. But then thoughts of her parents overwhelmed her, and Díore fell to her knees and fought to stem the tears that threatened to fall from her eyes. A pounding on the door caused Díore to stumble to her feet, wipe her eyes, and throw a cloak around her thin body.

"Who is it?" she cried fearfully, unable to hide the nervousness in her voice.

"Open the door, missie, it is cold out here," a man's voice returned.

"Who are you?" Díore repeated, her voice stronger. "I will not open the door until I learn your name."

"It is Miahc, the captain of the soldiers from Minas Tirith whom you and your father traveled with time and again."

Díore unbolted the door and threw it open in relief. There was Miahc as promised, tall, imposing, and strong. He stepped into the house and said, "Where are your parents?"

"Imprisoned," the maid said bitterly, the taste of Rinfelir's treason sour still in her mouth. "The overlord threw them into cells for their refusal of my hand. But come, what brings you out here?"

"King Aragorn," the knight replied. "He sent me alone to try to find out the position here and to tell you or your father that he will send as many men as it takes for them to be overrun. It won't happen for a long while, but rest assured, there is aid for you when you call on it."

Díore smiled truly for the first time in days. "That is great to hear. Will you stay the night, or what are your intentions?"

"I will leave tonight for I cannot be caught here. I would help your father if I had more men with me, but as I am alone, there is not much I can help you with. I apologize."

"No worries, my friend. Leave when you will, but at least you have come, and there is hope more for us. I have talked with Alardin only today, and he told me that there are others here in Edoras that would rise up soon as well. There is hope for us yet."

Miahc smiled broadly. "That is good to hear, but I must leave now or risk being found out. I hope things work out for you, and call on me if you need more help, and I will do what I can." The man bowed and made for the door.

"Safe journey and farewell," Díore replied. Miahc left hurriedly, and the maid sat near the fire, contemplating this visit and Alardin's and plans upon plans formed in her head, and one after another she rejected them, but at least now some sort of rebellion was getting somewhere.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2006 04:35
Geongan was relieved when Feorran came. Geongan decided to take charge. "I think that we should go down the fouler path, I think that you might be right Feorran." Geongan said, then she led the way down.

It was very damp, and dark, but they managed to make their way through. Soon they came to cells, Geongan was happy that they had found the dungeons at last. "Look in the cells for Ciron." Geongan ordered.

Geongan looked about, she had wandered from her friends but they were still in sight.
When Geongan came to the last cell she had almost given up, but then she saw a small figure laying in the cell. "Ciron?" Geongan whispered. She saw the figure in the shadows lift his head. "Is that you? We've come to get you out." Geongan whispered. She smiled when she saw Ciron come into the light. Then suddenly she felt a large hand grab her shoulder.
Geongan whirled around and was face to face with a mean looking guard.
"Look here, who are you?" The guard asked. Geongan was quite surprised and when she tried to pull out her sword it dropped to the ground. "Trying to steal one of my prisoners eh?" The guard asked, he had a mean smile. Geongan looked across the room but saw that her friends had gone, or maybe she had wandered too far. "I'm going to take you to the king, he'll deal with ya." The guard said. Then he grabbed her roughly and took her away.

Geongan didn't bother struggling, she knew there was no way out, at least for now. Geongan felt her heart jump, she had forgotten about her future. She was going to die saving a friend, was this it?
No, Geongan refused to believe it. Everyone looked at guard and his captive, some looked afraid but some looked glad. Geongan lowered her head sadly, she felt so stupid.

Geongan was brought in, she had chains on her hands. The guard threw her on her hands and knees before the king. "I found this one sneaking around the prison, trying to free one of my prisoners." The guard said.
Geongan stared at the king, he looked at her with cruel eyes. Geongan stood, she did not want to bow before any evil king. The king looked at her as if she was a petty fool."What is this? A little girl, how could you even think you could get passed my guards?" The king asked. Geongan became very angry at this, she was 19, she was not a child any more. "I am no child. I have been through battles and I know how to take care of myself." Geongan said. The king laughed. "You must be one of those petty cursaders that are trying to bring Rohan back to its original glory. Well you have failed, this land and all its glory is mine." The king said. Geongan looked down at the ground, her situation was pretty bad.The king continueed staring at her. "There is something different about you that I have not seen in any other maiden, what are you some half human?" The king asked, he had a mocking tone. Geongan looked up. "I am a half elf." Geongan said, her voice wavered slightly. "A half elf!" The king exclaimed, he beagn laughing. "You are but a petty half breed, what use are you? How could you even think you could bring your friends and over throw my kingdom." The king said. Geongan was hurt by this, her heart filled with hate. "I know what you would be fit for, one of my servants. But first you must spend some time in prison for trying to take one of my prisoners." The king said. Geongan sighed sadly. She was getting what she deserved, she had wandered away from her friends. "She must be kept in the prison until she learns her place." The king said, mostly to himself. Then the guard grabbed her and began leading her away. Geongan wasn't going to be taken that easily, she would have to think of an escape plan along the way, or she hoped to bump into her friends at the dungeons, if they were still there.

[Edited on 1/11/2006 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: November 01, 2006 11:29
Eorla watched from afar in horror as Geongan was taken prisoner and sped after Feorran, who had ducked behind a corner. "Feorran!" She called softly for the , wincing at the echo her voice made. She silently paced through the halls, dodging from shadow to shadow. She began to backtrack after reaching the last cell, but paused at a faint whimper. She turned and saw a figure, the size of a small child, moving in the dirty straw.

"Mama?" the child asked.

"Shh!" Eorla hissed. "I'm not your mother."

"I want my mama," the child whimpered, beginning to cry. Eorla abandoned all attempts to shush it and ducked into a shadow as a guard stomped down the hall. "Shut your mouth, you little brat," he growled. The child just began to wail louder. The guard grumbled oaths under his breath as he began to unlock the door. Eorla saw her chance and pulled her hunting knife from her belt. As the guard lifted his whip he suddenly stopped, a shiny knife at his neck.

"Don't move if you value your life," Eorla hissed.

"You wench!" the guard yelled, beginning to twist around. Eorla, who despised being called a wench, struck the guard at a pressure point in his neck. He dropped like a rock. Eorla grinned and held her hand out to the child in the cell. "Come on out," she whispered. The child crept out and stood next to the wall sucking a finger as Eorla dragged the heavy guard into the cell and locked it. "He won't be waking up for a while," she said.

The child stared at her, quiet for once, and Eorla asked, "What is your name?"

He continued to stare. Eorla, feeling that she couldn't waste any more time trying to get this child to speak intelligently, led the boy to the passageway with the forks. "Now," she said, talking very slowly, "I need to go do something. Can you stay here and not move?" The child nodded once, and Eorla grinned. "Good boy." She slipped into the shadow of the left fork, looking again for Ciron.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2006 12:38
Ciron had found a lucky chance... His guard dropped his keys when dealing with Geongan. He grabbed the sword from his cell and reached through the bars and eventually managed to hook the keys onto it.

When running through the empty corridors with his sword held high Ciron felt free to do what ever he wanted, over the last few days he had learnt all he could about fighting with a sword, and he seemed to have a natural nick with it.
A guard came round a cornewr and before he could draw his weapon Cirons sword had pushed though his stomach. Ciron took the helmet and breastplate, which now fit him as he had grown a lot over the past 2 years.

Then he ran into Eorla, but she did not realise who it was and so engaged him into a quick fight before Ciron could say it was him.
"Stop stop, its me", Ciron laughed, and he took the helmet off his head. THey embraced and laughed.
"Now lets find Geongan"
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2006 06:18
Geongan was being pushed toward the dungeon building, she was not looking forward to this, she really didn't have any plan to escape.
As they walked down the hall Geongan was positive she had seen two shadows duck behind something. Geongan smirked, her friends were near.
Then three people jumped out and bashed the guard with their weapons.
Geongan jumped out of the way of the fight. She smiled when she saw her friends, but at first she did not realise that the tall young man was Ciron. She looked closely at him for a moment, then smiled. "You have grown so much Ciron." Geongan said as she hugged him, she had never felt so happy.
"Now the only person left is Diore, and she is supposed to be getting married." Geongan said. Then Geongan looked over and saw the shadow of a guard that was coming their way. "Come on, we have to get out of here." Geongan whispered. Geongan quickly put the hood of her cloak over her head so no one would see that she was an escaped prisoner, after all the whole city had practically seen her with the guard.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2006 06:58
Ciron proudly led them all out of the house by the quickest route possible and they slowly made their way up to the golden hall, which had been painted all over with blood red streaks. That seemed to be these rebels favourite colour, ciron thought. THe sky was blackening and a storm was apporaching. In the distance thunder could be heard rolling over the plains of Rohan.

"We should get inside as soon as possible, i think this is going to be a very bad storm indeed". Ciron said to everyone else.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2006 09:14
Geongan looked at the skies. "You are right Ciron, where shall we stay?" Geongan asked. Geongan looked at Meduseld. "If we go in there we will need to be disgusied, I have just been in there, going in there again would be folly." Geongan said.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 02, 2006 12:06
Díore hurried out of the house, disguised under a cloak and her face veiled. The wind had died down, but there was a threat of a storm on the breeze. The maid crept down one of the roads that led to Melduseld. She was sick of staying indoors, and she wanted some word of Durithil. Her horse had been taken from her in the initial assault, and Díore had had no word of him at all over the past two years. As she turned down another road, four figures caught her eye. She approached them slowly and said gruffly, "What brings you out here in the middle of the day, and with a storm about to break over our heads?" Díore knew it was foolish to speak out when they could have been guards, but if they knew some word of her companions, then the help would be greatly appreciated.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2006 08:11
Geongan was so happy to see Diore again, but they needed to go somewhere. "We could go back to the inn." Geongan said, she just wanted to get out of the rain. Then she looked down the road and saw a figure watching them from under some shelter. "That must be Fhaleen." Geongan thought. "We are being watched my friends." Geongan whispered. "We need to get to the inn, once we get there we can figure out our next move." Geongan said as she led the way to the inn.

They all sat down in a room, Geongan closed all the windows and blew out any candles. Thunder boomed outside. Geongan pulled her hair into a bun, that way her wet hair would stay out of her face. "Alright, we are being carefully watched by a guard that we met when we first arrived. So wahtever we do we will have to be careful." Geongan warned. She sat down on the bed and waited for some ideas of an escape, or news of some help from Gondor.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: November 03, 2006 09:50
Eorla shook her head, water spraying in all directions. Even from the few seconds outdoors she was soaked. "How do you know we are being watched, Geongan?" she asked, unpinning her cloak and wringing it out. Without waiting for a reply she continued, "Why were you being held prisoner, Diore? What was his name, what does he want, how did he bring Edoras to its knees like this?" She draped her cloak over a bedpost and sat down in a chair.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 03, 2006 12:15
Díore unveiled her face but kept her head hooded. Even indoors she was afraid to reveal too much. "One might say I am being held prisoner, but in truth, I am more free than many. The one who is leader here is the man Rinfelir, but none know truly where he hails from." Her voice was soft but bitter, and the hatred only increased as the maid continued. "When he took over, my family was out of Edoras, but once we returned, we were taken prisoner. On the whim of Rinfelir, we were let go but were forced to remain within the city walls and to quarter a guard. Only today my parents were thrown into the cells in Melduseld because they would not give their consent to have me marry Rinfelir. His reasoning for marrying me was because he deemed me a threat and a rebel, and in his words, he wanted to tame me. However, I blatantly refused, and I was cast out of the hall, but my parents are still there." She fell silent for a moment. "The guard was slain fortunately by Alardin. He is a guard among those at Melduseld, and I will hopefully hear from him soon. There is more I can tell, but I will wait to hear your stories. How have you all fared?"
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2006 12:43
"Yes, Feorran how did you escape fromeveryone because we were together for a while, then you dissappeared. As for me, i have been working as a slave in that huge house, but some good has come out of it. I have perfected my fighting with the sword and now i know a lot about these people."
cirin looked into space trying to remembert all he could about the satanic rebels.

Then he waited a moment for someone else to say something, outside the rain pourred down heavilly, and thunder broke above them.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2006 07:07
Feorran gasped in surprise and looked Diore up and down, before embracing her, like a little girl again, and smiled at everyone. The companions were together again, and at that moment Feorran thought that everything was right with the world when Hafoc cantered down the road to her.

Then there was a huge rumble, and the rain started to pour down. Or not, she thought wryly as the rain dripped off her eyelashes and the end of her nose.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: November 04, 2006 05:17
In reply to Diore's question about how they fared, Eorla replied, "Could have been better. We got seperated soon after leaving you, and for the past eighteen months I have been wandering around the plains of Rohan. Geongan found me almost in a snowstorm and brought me here to Edoras." Eorla sighed heavily. "Then we found Feorran hiding out here in Edoras, then devised a plan to resque you." She glanced out the window, watching the rain pour down. A lightening flash illuminated the room, making her jump slightly.

Weary of talking of her doings (which weren't much) Eorla said, "Ciron, what did you mean by knowing a lot about these people?"
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2006 10:16
Geongan listened intently to all the storys. Geongan didn't think much about her own story since all she had done was travel around the lands of Middle earth. She had enjoyed the journey but was glad to be home. As the lightning flashed Geongan walked over to the window and looked out. She saw a cloaked figure staring at the inn from a sheltered area, it seemed that he was looking right at her but that was impossible for him to spot her through the rain, or was it?
Geonagn turned away and looked back at her friends, then she merely glanced outside and saw the single guard had gathered other guards.
"We have a problem!" Geongan said as she turned back to her friends. "Guards are coming to get us! I told you about that guard that was watching us, well he has sent some guards to come and get us!" Geongan said, her voice was a whisper.
Geongan wasn't sure what to do, but they had to get out.
"The inn keeper will surely tell them which room we are in, we must find another way out!" Geongan said, she ran over to the door and looked down the hall, there didn't seem to be another way out, but maybe her friends had some plans. Geongan closed the door and turned back to the others. "They are coming." Geongan said, she could hear her own heart beat it was so loud, and she was sure the others could hear her heart too.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2006 09:34
Feorran asked Geongan urgently what the name of the inn was. At the answer Feorran could have laughed. "Follow me," she said, and dashed down the corridor. She slipped into a crack that no one would notice except if they knew it was there, and went down a stone staircase. As Feorran walked briskly, she explained. "I used to come in here a lot when I was about ten, and explore. I found this way down to the store rooms, which I think they built in the times of war, in case they needed an escape route or just to get down to the store rooms without being noticed. They - " Feorran swore. They had gone past the store rooms and then Feorran had noticed that the tunnel had caved in. Then, she could have kicked herself for not checking before. Now they were in an even bigger situation than they had been, especially when they heard footsteps coming down the passageway.
"I am so sorry, everyone," said Feorran, kicking the wall until her foot hurt, and drawing her sword part way.
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email