Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910Last >>
Author Topic:
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hope of a Shieldmaiden (keep)
on: November 17, 2006 10:02
As they passed the new flourishing white tree Ciron stayed silent. Then the mighty doors of the citadel opened and the throne room drew out before them, the magnificent pillars reaching towards the unseen roof above them.

Ciron decided to let someone else do the talking, he stod with a stern face, in the shadows of the hall.Aragorn and arwen walked into the room. And arwen placed her gaze upon him for a while, and he was struck down by her beauty. He looked away
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2006 06:33
Minas Tirith was a grand city, but only from the outside. Within the walls, people crowded in the streets, in the markets, hardly leaving any room for a single horse to make its way carefully. The people were not mean, but there were many...too many in Eben's opinion. He waited impatiently with his arms crossed upon the horn of his saddle as more people picked their way down the cobble stone. When there was some room he urged the horse forward, careful not to step on anyone's toes.

"It will get better once we reach the second level." shouted his friend from behind. Eben only gritted his teeth as he urged Wyn forward once more. Wyn was uncomfortable with the many people around her and began to prance in place, nodding her head. Eben comforted her with a deep whisper, leaning towards her ear and stroking her neck. The uneasiness could be seen in her eyes. Eben knew if he did not keep himself collected, Wyn would sense his discomfort and become like him.

"Your horse matches your impatience, my friend." Leon shouted once more from behind.

"Grand observation, Leon, if only you would stop pointing out the obvious and go ahead of me and clear the way, Wyn will not abide this much longer." He cooed Wyn a bit more as Leon made his way to the front and cleared the way for an easy purchase.

It took longer than he would have liked, but they made it to the second level, which was not near as crowded. "There is a stable up ahead, one that has proven itself to be kind to the horses, unlike the lower level." Eben nodded to as he allowed Leon to lead the way.

Having not to worry about the crowd, he was finally able to take the majesty of the city in. He looked up at the tall tower, the height of it causing a bit of dizziness, he looked down quickly. "I hate this place..." he murmured to himself as he sped up closer to Leon. Leon smirked and nodded, "Yes, you are indeed a Ranger of the North if you cannot take the confides of a stone wall."

Eben frowned, "That has nothing to do with it, after all our King was/is also of the Dúnedain and he seems to handle stone walls just fine." Leon continued to smile and shook his head as they arrived at the appointed stable.

Eben looked the stable over, to make sure they would indeed not mistreat his horse. He wasn't very trusting to strangers and never fully understood, how anyone could just hand over their trusted companions to stable hands they knew nothing about. Leon noticed Eben's usual discomfort.

"They are good stable hands, Eben, I've boarded my horse here many times over. Wyn will be fine." Eben looked down at Leon who had already dismounted and allowing one of the boys to lead his horse away, another stood nearby ready to take his. Eben nodded to himself and dismounted, whispering a few kind words to Wyn, knowing she also was uncomfortable about the idea.

When their farewell's were complete Leon followed Eben, adjusting his sword hilt at a more comfortable angle, after the ride. Leon put his arm around his fellow Ranger and smiled, "We need to find you a maiden, Eben, you spend too much time with your steed. When a man spends more time with a horse, than he does with any woman, it is cause for concern. I'm sure, you would fit right in with those Riders of the Mark..." Leon laughed at his own cleverness, but Eben did not find his remarks amusing.

"One day, Leon, you will find that your lack of respect for women and your lack of respect for horses will end you alone and with a mule as your only companion for the rest of your life." he answered.

Leon only laughed harder as they approached the inn. It was still a bit unsavory, having only been on the second level, however it was the most they could afford and much better than the lower levels. Before they walked in, Leon began snickering and pulled the hood of his cloak up over his head and hunched a bit. Eben scowled, knowing full well what his younger friend was doing.

"Come on, Eben, everyone likes a mysterious Ranger entering a Tavern to sit in the corner smoking his pipe and staring at people." Eben snatched the hood off Leon's head, without a word, leaving his long hair tossed. He smirked and opened the door of the tavern as Leon followed.

When they entered they both chose a seat closes to the fire, as winter still clung in the air and within the wooden walls. Eben unhooked his cloak and laid it beside him in his seat as he sat down. Just as Leon and Eben both sat, a young maiden appeared, dressed in a simple dress with a slight smile.

"How, may I serve you gentlemen." Leon grinned.

"Well--"
"Two mugs of ale, and two plates." Eben cut him off before he could say anything more to humiliate himself. The young woman smiled and nodded.

Leon's head turned and watched her walk off, laughing. Eben looked towards the fire. They had been on the road for quite awhile, traveling from Hennen Annun with reports from the Rangers of the North. He hated having been chosen to do this, and being paired with Leon made the ride even longer. Leon would not serve under Captain Faramir much longer if he continued to neglect his skill.

During the WotR, many non-Rangers were recruited to learn the ways of a Ranger, they were young men that had proven themselves able. Eben along with a few of the older Rangers, taught them how to track and hone their skills. Since the War was over, many moved on, still, of course, holding onto the secret of where the Rangers of Ithilien reside.

Leon was one of these trained Rangers, and Eben could already foresee his downfall if he continued this path. "We are to meet with the King and the Captain early this next morn, no staying out after dark, you need your sleep in order to look presentable to the King and Captain Faramir." Eben lectured. Leon nodded, used to this usual speech.

"Eben, are you a real Dúnedain Ranger?" he asked unexpectedly. Eben shook his head. "I am not of that noble blood, I became a Ranger much like you did, but when times were more lack and not as desperate as before. I have been with the Rangers for almost 25 years now."

Leon remained silent as the maid came back placing two large wooden bowls of soup and two wooden mugs of ale before them. Eben thanked her with a nod and a smile. They both ate in silence. Eben thought of the events that should take place and rumors he had heard during his travel to Minas Tirith. There was trouble in Rohan. No more was needed to be said. Eben was eager to get the full story out of the Captain, if there was truth to the rumors. And, if there was evil in Rohan, would Gondor come to their aid, will the Rangers be able to fight once more?
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: November 18, 2006 08:09
Eorla watched quietly as the Lord Aragorn and Lady Arwen made their way towards the four. She thought it a bit strange that, even though they were royalty, the Lord and Lady dressed simply. The only reason one could tell that they were royal was their bearing and elegant crowns atop their heads.

As she waited for someone to explain their situation, Eorla studied Lord Aragorn's face. She knew that he had been (or possibly still was) a Dunedain Ranger, and she wondered if she would recognize him. To her disappointment there was nothing noteworthy about his features to spark a memory, and she lowered her eyes as he swept his gaze across her face.

"Greetings, friends," Lord Aragorn said. "I was told this was urgent."
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2006 10:32
Feorran suddenly felt very awkward and claustrophobic when Aragorn and Arwen walked into the room. But she kept her chin up, and her hand stubbornly on the hilt of her sword. In the stone halls she felt uncomfortable, she would have given gold just then to have met Aragorn and Arwen in a forest with the leaves rustling around them and the wind whistling through the trees.

[Edited on 19/11/2006 by bow_and_arrow]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2006 02:05
(Um, you are Feorran in this one aren't you? You put Leassa.)

Geongan smiled when she saw King Aragorn and Queen Arwen. Arwen reminded Geongan of her mother, her mother had perished a long time ago, and she missed her greatly. Geongan looked over at Diore, was she going to speak, or was someone else supposed to? Geongan just kept smiling, she had never felt such relief, she knew this kind king would help them anyway he could.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2006 11:35
Ciron felt impatient courage rise into his heart and then his throat. He stepped forward and blurted out

"My lord, and lady, we have come from the dismall land of rohan where evil has leaked into even the capital, and a dark smog seems to cover the whole sky. We come to Gondor to find shining citys, crowded with many people who almost certainy spend all their riches on their own leasure. But i ask why, why can your people live in pleasure whilst there are people working as slaves in the rebels houses. Rohan needs your help and aid, and it needs it now. THere is a threat to you if you do not send armies to them now. We have come through fire and darkness to telll you something you almost certainly already know but you jhave delayed your actions for almost 2 years now and there is little time left to save the kingdom of Rohan."

Ciron stopped, and looked suprised with himself, then he stepped back behind everyone else.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2006 03:08
Feorran raised an eyebrow at Ciron's speech but remained silent. He stepped back behind her and she smiled slightly at him before turning back to see what Aragorn and Arwen would say. They seemed to consult for few minutes, and the atmosphere in the room grew so thick you could almost taste it, before they delivered their verdict.

"All able bodied men report to the - " the messenger broke off to cough heavily. "All able bodied men..." Feorran rode down the streets on Hafoc, looking around at the men around past her. Maybe Rohan had a chance after all...
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2006 04:33
Geongan smiled when Ciron bursted out, telling the king all that they needed. She had never seen him act so grown up before. When he realized what he had said and backed up and his behind them, Geongan put her hand on his shoulder. "You made everything quite easy for us, thank you." Geongan whsipered, she still smiled.

Later, after the King had given them the reinforcements they would need, Geongan went around the city, she hadn't been here for a while.
Geongan saw Feorran ride off on Hafoc, probably exploring the town as well.
Geongan walked down the streets admiring everything. When she came to ablacksmith she saw that he had a good selection of weapons. She walked in and saw an amazing dagger. Geongan knew this would be useful for the battle that was to come and she had lost her own dagger a long time ago. She asked the price and could pay him with the last of her money.

When Geongan walked out she looked at it closely and realized that a horse was carved on the hilt of the dagger. She smiled, Geongan knew that everytime she drew the dagger to fight she would think of Feorran.
Then she went over to the stables and mounted Darkfire. "Come Darkfire, let us go and find Feorran." Geongan said. They rode down the street until she came upon Feorran. "Are we going to be leaving soon?" Geongan asked, she looked around and saw that many men were preparing to leave with them.

(I'm going to be gone for six days starting tomorrow, please don't move ahead too far! At least don't do the battle without me, that I want to be involved in!)

[Edited on 20/11/2006 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: November 20, 2006 11:29
Eorla had been incredibly relieved that Lord Aragorn had been willing to help them in any way possible. She had left the hall feeling that a great weight had lifted off her shoulders.

Outside in the bright sunshine she mounted Rogue and guided the mare down the next level of the city. "I'm going to take a look around," she called over her shoulder and spurred Rogue into a trot. In a few moments she lost track of time, gaping at the grandeur around her and grinning like a maniac. The people of the city mostly ignored Eorla, which was fine with her. She slowed Rogue down to a walk, craning her neck to watch a small regiment of soldiers march by. She had never seen anything like it and stared with something akin to awe at the measured steps, the brilliant armour, and calm courage and assurance they seemed to permeate the air with. After they passed she turned Rogue around and made her way back to where her companions were. She found Feorran and Geongan with a goodly number of soldiers and smiled with relief at how many there were.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 02:49
"We'll be leaving as soon as possible, if my will is listened to," said Feorran. "I am not built for stone cities."

Then she turned to Eorla. "This is a good number, is it not? Rohan has a fightind hance now, so to speak," she smiled and shouted a brief warning as Hafoc broke into a trot. They soon reached the lowest level, and there were just as many men on each level ready to fight.

(OOC~Sorry it's no longer, I am very busy this week )
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 11:36
Minas Tirith, Díore sighed contentedly. She had made it in one piece, had gained the aid of King Aragorn, and she had seen her friends come through safely as well. But a loud voice shattered her concentration. She was in counsel with the king more, with Miahc in attendance. "We will not be able to defeat them!" cried one of the king's advisors. "They number too many, and if this girl is a fugitive..." He trailed off.

"We shelter her here," Aragorn said quietly, his authority causing the advisor to bow his head with a muttered "My lord."

"What really can we do?" Díore asked, clenching her hands distractedly. "Rinfelir will hurt my parents and any others in his cells."

"We engage him in battle," Aragron said simply. "With my men, we will be able to defeat them. It will be a long process, but by autumn, Edoras will be free, and the king and his queen will be back in power by then. I promise you this, lady."

Díore bowed her head. "Then I will take my leave and bid you good day."

"I will send for you."

-----------------------------------------------

Díore sat in the inn, musing silently. She needed time to herself. She had been commandeered many times to explain the situation in Edoras, sometimes more than once depending to the person she talked to. She sighed heavily, worried about Hasulfen and Awyndel. She prayed that her parents were faring well. Battle was forthcoming; the men were being mobilized. Díore knew that she would take part in the battle; that was a give-in, but how much command she would be given, if any, was unknown. The king had said they would leave within the week, and there would be no turning back.

She took a draught of her ale and looked over the rim of her tankard. Díore saw two men earnestly in conversation. The maid noted them with interest; she hadn't seen the like of them before. She choked on her drink when one of them looked up and met her eye.

(Ok, Elfmaiden pmed me, and we aren't going to go to battle until sometime later next week, if that is all right with everyone. I will not be able to post until next week Monday, so again I ask that we don't get too far ahead! Thank you everyone...and wonderful post, Iri!!!!)
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 05:26
Leon's face was hidden behind the up turned wooden bowl of soup as he drained its contents with loud slurping. Eben studied the bottom of the bowl with a scowl...unsurprised by his companion's behavior. Leon put the bowl down, and rubbed the remains off his chin with his wrist. He eyed Eben's bowl with a risen brow, "Are you going to finish that, Eben?"

Eben looked down at his soup, he ate the correct portions. As a Ranger he knew never to over load himself with food, due to the habit of never knowing when you will be active. And being active on a full stomach did not have a pleasant outcome. Anyways, they had just been journeying on meager meals, therefore he had to slowly get his appetite back for regular meals, much like fasting.

He shook his head, letting his lips dip down, pushing the bowl towards his eager friend, with two fingers. Leon grinned and wasted no time to finish his leftovers.

As the noise of his friend's slurping continued, Eben scanned the room. A few more occupants arrived. He was glad he got his room slightly early, for he knew, soon there would be none left. He let his eyes roam to the fireplace, allowing his eyes to glaze over as he stared at the flames.

"She doesn't look like she is from around here..." observed Leon, breaking Eben's thoughts. He scowled at his friend who had his eyes fixed on someone behind him. Out of curiosity he turned to see a maiden sitting alone, drinking an ale.

"Indeed, she isn't." He said simply. There was silence between the two as he turned back around in his seat and took a drink from his own mug. Leon's eyes remained fixed.

"Well, where is she from, Eben?" He asked impatiently. Eben put the mug down carefully, matching the bottom rim of it to a mug ring already patterened to the table.

"Leon, look at her features...where would you guess she was from?" he asked challenging his companion. Leon frowned, knowing what he had gotten himself into. After eyeing her a bit more, without her knowing he answered.

"Well, her garb doesn't look like any I've see around here. And the color of her hair is different to that of the other women of Minas Tirith." Eben nodded in agreement, but said nothing, allowing Leon to continue.

"I would say she was from the East..." He said finally with a smile, proud of his accomplishment. Eben sighed and took a longer drink from his mug.

"Expand your thinking, Leon. What is different about what she is wearing that you noticed?"

"The fabric is worn out...home-spun." Leon said, over thinking the question. Eben quickly corrected him. "Her green cloak."
Leon nodded. "Ok, she has a green cloak, what does that prove? You have a green cloak, too, you know."

"That's due to my occupation, Leon. She obviously, isn't a Ranger, so why else would she be wearing a green cloak." Leon was getting frustrated. "Eben it is a cloak, that has been established AND its green. So get to the point."

"The point is, Leon, you need to learn more about your surroundings. Your way of thinking will get you no further as Ranger." Leon was silent.

"Her green cloak is the first clue, it is one of the colors of her people. Her tan skin, shows she stays outside often, unlike most women around here. Probably spends a lot of time riding. Her dark hair, has hints of the sun, another clue she stays long hours out in the sun."

"Ok..." Leon had already lost interest in the subject and was eager to end it. "So, she is from..."

"Rohan." Eben said simply. Leon nodded in agreement, as everything came together for him.

"She must have come alone. Either that or her companion's have left her." Leon stated, much like the tone Eben had been using. Eben simply nodded and finished the last remains of his ale.

Some time passed as Leon finished yet another bowl of soup before heading on up to the room. Eben was waiting for his partner to finish and leave, on purpose.

When Leon was gone and the table was cleared by one of the tavern maids, already most of the tavern was cleaned out. People had begun to retire to their rooms or return to their homes. And yet the Rohirrim maiden remained, which was all the more reason why Eben made the decision to approach her. It was not common for the Ranger, yet the curiosity of the rumors he had heard would not wait for the morning. If he could, he would try to get some information out of this lone maiden without seeming overbearing.

He stood and rehooked his cloak. Casually he walked up to the counter where a man stood replacing mugs that had just been cleaned. He spoke in a low voice, paying for his meal and giving the message that the soup was appreciated.

"No problem, m'lord." he said stiffly, grabbing the coins and pushing them into a bag on his belt.

Eben nodded to him once more, before approaching her table. She looked up at him a bit startled by his unexpected approach. He put on a friendly smile, as not to frighten her, knowing the marks on his face and the over all rugid appearance he dawned would be enough to make one suspicious.

[Edited on 22/11/2006 by Iri]
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 12:45
Can we carry on... or not
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 05:24
Geongan sat on her horse and waited for everyone to be ready. Then a messenger came over. "King Aragorn will not be able to give you all the men you need immdiately, he insists that you all stay here for a few days so that he can properly preapre his men. Will that be alright with you?" The messenger said, he waited to give a message back to the king. Geongan looked at Feorran who didn't seem too happy about this news. "We will do anything the king asks." Geongan said, then she dismounted. The messenger bowed then left.
"We had better go and stable our horses then. We have no need for them right now." Geongan said, she took Darkfire's reins and led him down the street.
Geongan was somewhat happy about staying a few days.
After she had put Darkfire in his stable she went down to one of the taverns. She saw Diore sitting alone. "Mind if I sit here?" Geongan asked with a smile. She sat down. "I giess you know that we will be staying around for a while." Geongan sighed. "I don't really mind though, I do like this city." Geongan said. She asked a passing by waiter for some ale.
"Are you alright Diore? I know you have many troubles on your mind. You can talk with me if you need to." Geongan said.

(I thought this might give Dinenlasse more time, so that we don't move on much more. I hope this is alright with everyone.)
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 07:56
OOC. ok thanks, Potbellyhairyfoot.

BIC:Ciron had wondered the city of Minas Tirith and had eventually bumped into a few guards, they had seemed pretty bored at the time, so Ciron had asked them to train fighting with him. In the coming battle he wanted to be of use and not a little boy who couldnt fight for himself.
He trained with them for a while, and for the rest of his stay in Gondor.

This night he was tired and it so happened that he came to the same inn as Diore and Geongan. he brought some ale and sat next to them, poitely waiting until they had finished their own conversation and then joining in. "When do you think we will be leaving then?"he asked when Geongan told him about the messengers report.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 04:26
As he approached her, two others beat him to his seat and he quickly veered his direction opposite. She obviously had companions...despite what Leon had said. He began walking to the fire place when he heard her stand up an speak to him.

((I edited this post in order to fit the events posted after it, just to avoid confusion...))

[Edited on 28/11/2006 by Iri]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 02:45
(Thank you everyone! The posts are great!)

Díore nodded at her two companions. "I am just thinking, Geongan. It is nice to know that you are there for me." She gave a grateful smile. "And Ciron, I think we will stay here for a while. For my part, it is the best thing to do." Her attention turned to the man that had approached her table but was now leaving. "Sir, can I help you with anything? And please," she added, standing up for she saw that the man seemed intent on leaving, "do not leave for my companions' sake. Anything you care to say can be said in front of them. I would trust them with my life." Díore knew she shouldn't be so open, but there was something about this man. She wasn't sure what, however.

Díore put her hand on her sword hilt and surveyed the man. He didn't look at her with lust in his eyes, as she had seen others do; he met her gaze with a curiosity. He didn't seem to be from around here, but appearances could be deceiving, as the maid knew from past experiences. Instincts told her to beware, but her mind told her to learn what she could. Allies came in the most unexpected forms, and perhaps this man could be one.

[Edited on 11/28/2006 by Dinenlasse]
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 03:49
Geongan sat and watched the man. She smirked when she heard Diore say that she would trust her friends with her life. Then Geongan stood. "Come sir, have a seat and talk with us if you want to." Geongan said, her kindness and optimisim were one of her best traits, she knew there was good in this man, he was just mysterious.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 03:49
"Sir, can I help you with anything? And please, do not leave for my companions' sake. Anything you care to say can be said in front of them. I would trust them with my life."

Eben was taken aback by her blunt approach. At first he did not expect so much guard coming from a maiden, however the look on her face and the way her hand was ready for her sword hilt, revealed Eben the reasons. She had or has been through some very trying times.

"I ask for forgivness my lady, for the intrusion. I noticed your emblem and had a few questions as to Rohan's position and dilemma. I had no intention of keeping anything from your companions. Times seem to be hard, I did not want to add to it."
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 11:06
"Yes, times are hard, and we have passed through many dangers together, trust will not waver in our hearts"Ciron said, looking ath the man. "Please"he carried on,"who are you?, and what business do you have here, or are you here for leisure?"Ciron asked.

Ciron stood and offered his hand to be shaken with the man
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2006 03:09
Feorran was standing outside the door, with a hand on Hafoc's neck. She looked in every so often to check that her friends were all right, but she had many things to think about and she knew how she would feel a while after entering the building.

They were talking to another man, and she wryly wished that they would come out so that she could join in the conversation, but she really didn't mind whether they came out or not, as they seemed quite comfortable inside.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2006 04:27
Geongan waited for the man to speak when she saw Feorran glance in. Geongan smiled, she knew that Feorran didn't want to come in and Geongan knew why.
"I hope you'll excuse me, I have some things to attend to." Geongan said as she stood and bowed.
Then she walked out and stood by Feorran. "I saw you peeking in." Geongan said, she was still smiling. "I thought I'd come out and give you some company." Geongan said, she patted Hafoc's neck. Geongan sighed, her thoughts again turned to Rohan, her home in peril. "I can't wait to go home and save Rohan from the evil that has taken it." Geongan said. "I do hope we shall leave soon." Geongan said sadly. "But enough about how I feel, how do you feel good friend?" Geongan said, she smiled again.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2006 06:04
"Yes, I feel that it is taking too long to get back to Rohan as well," Feaorran said mildly, disguising the desperation she felt. What if they returned too late? "I also feel a bit confused - who is that man whom you were talking to? And tired of this awful claustrophobia," she added, sighing. "But I suppose I am more suited for the outdoor world," Feorran mused.

"And there I go again," she laughed. "I shouldn't be dwelling so on my problems." Feorran leaned against the wall, submerged in her own thoughts.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2006 07:49
"I didn't get the man's name before I came out here." Geongan said she put her arm around Feorran's shoulder. "And don't worry my friend, we'll go home soon." Geongan said, she smiled.
"Come on, why don't we take our horses for a ride, by the time we get back here I'm sure they'll be finished talking." Geongan said, she knew that Feorran needed to do something. "Of course I'm not sure where we are going to ride but I'm sure we could just ride up and down the street." Geongan said.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2006 03:26
"I would love that," said Feorran. "I have been in one place too long, and it weighs on my heart, not being in the plains again. But riding might help to alleviate it."

She mounted Hafoc and he tossed his head. Feorran waited for Geongan to mount, bringing Hafoc up to a high rear to assert her control over him, and then brought him back down again, smiling to herself.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2006 04:55
As Geongan rode down she saw Feorran smiling. Geongan smiled also, she loved seeing her young friend happy.
"Come, let us go." Geongan said, and they began riding down the road.
Geongan was quiet, she didn't really have anything to talk about, so she just thought about what was going to happen.
They were going to go to war, that was certain, but she began wondering about the outcome of the battle. Would she die protecting her friend like her future was predicted? Geongan really didn't want to think about it.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2006 06:41
Ciron stayed in the tavern while the others went outside, and didnt return. As he was on his own he found it more comfotable sitting in one of the dark corners of the room, where he could be hidden by the dark but he could still hear the talk on everyones lips.

He listened intently to all of the conversations around him, but he didnt take anything in. He bagan to listen to some soldiers talking, but soon got bored and stepped outside into the refreshing night air.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 30, 2006 11:34
Díore looked over the man and sighed. "What questions do you have? I can answer them as good as any for I am, as best as could be said, well acquainted with the lord of Edoras right now." She let out no more than this. She wanted to be certain of this man; who he was, where he was from, and such like that. If anything more was allowed to be said, it could spell disaster for her. Díore played with the hem of her cloak fretfully. There was always a lingering fear that she would be caught and forcefully taken back to Rohan. She bit her lip and told herself mentally that everything would work out in the end.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2006 06:39
"Don't look so upset, the battle is not upon us yet and i will never let you die protecting me, I would rather die myself," said Feorran shortly.

"The sun is shining, we ought to make the most of our time out of the heart of some short of conspiracy or battle," she added. They had soon rode down to the end of the street and they navigated their way through them, talking to each other all of the time.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2006 07:55
Geongan smiled at Feorran, her friend was right. They didn't need to think about the battle just yet. They spoke of things that had happned years before, or during that time when they were separated. "I wonder when we shall leave for Rohan?" Geongan said, she couldn't wait ot go home. "Maybe we should go back and find Diore. The men must be ready to march out by now." Geongan said. Then she turned Darkfire and raced back up the street.

When she came back to the tavern, she stopped and dismounted. She handed the reins to a stable boy and then walked into the tavern. "Diore, I am curious to know when we leave." Geongan said as she strode in with long steps.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: December 02, 2006 08:05
Eorla watched Diore and the young man converse quietly but did not listen to their conversation. With a soft sigh she took a sip from her tankard, wincing slightly as the alcohol burned down into her stomach. Although of drinking age she had never quite acquired a taste for ale.

Eorla slid down to a slouching position in her chair, but sat back up as Geongan walked up to Diore asking when they were to leave. Eorla could have cared less when they were leaving; she was weary of constant travel and enjoyed her short stays in civilized areas. Her ale looked more unappetizing than ever and she placed it on a passing waitress' tray.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2006 08:10
"What questions do you have? I can answer them as good as any for I am, as best as could be said, well acquainted with the lord of Edoras right now."

Her companions seemed to not be able to sit in one spot for too long, it was perfect for him to be able to have a bit of one on one with this maiden. He thought before posing his questions.

"There are many rumors wafting in the air, such that Edoras is no longer under the same rule. People are being imprisoned for crimes they didn't commit, trade is down, and many people have left. I simply want a clear answer of what exactly is going on, and what has Gondor decided to do about it....if anything."

He had to be quick and laid it all out on the table. He didn't like beating around the bush. Before she could answer, one of her companions came through the door with a question, her hair was tossed with evidence of riding. She must have been on a short ride however, for it seemed to have only be that she just left, "Diore, I am curious to know when we leave." He mentally took down the name she used...Diore.

bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2006 09:33
Feorran watched the man closely through the door while Geongan asked Diore when they would leave. He seemed very quick, and when Geongan asked Diore she noiced that he caught the name and remembered it. But she was not curious, there were many strange folk aroung in those places, and she, she had to admit, was one of them.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2006 12:44
At that moment as Feorran was thinking these things Ciron walked back into the tavern. He looked at the situation and wondered why everyone was still here.
"Hey everyone, i have news. Already there are armies mustering on the plains before the city, maybe we are going to be leaving sooner that we expected, come on, let me show you all". Ciron said with excitement. This would be his greatest test with his new swordsmanship skills, and he couldnt wait to prove himself to the others properly.
When they reached one of the many walls of the city they looked down onto the flat fields below, flat save the hill where nothing grew. And indeed, there were smany soldiers gathering, but not only from minas tirith. They were pouring in from all over the place, and it seemed that the whole of gondor would be here in a few more days.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2006 05:27
Feorran followed Ciron expectantly, and when she saw the amount of people she gasped. "Goodness," she said, feeling that words could not really get her feelings across.

There was an army that she had never quite seen the likes of before on the fields below.. She had seen the armies of the evil creatures, and they were a huge force, but this army had quite a different feel about it. "We'll be leqving sooner than expected, indeed," she said softly, amazed.
<< First678910Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email