Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First7891011Last >>
Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hope of a Shieldmaiden (keep)
on: December 03, 2006 11:28
Geongan smiled when she saw the armies. "I knew we would recieve aid." Geongan said, she was still smiling. She smiled as if she knew this was goin to happen before anyone else.
"Looks like we'll be going home soon." Geongan said, she couldn't wait to over throw the evil that had invaded.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: December 03, 2006 02:36
This thread is titled 'Hope of a Shieldmaiden', not 'Three Cheers for Anarchy' !

The author/owner of this thread is Dinenlasse, who has not posted since Nov. 30th. Yet the rest of you have pushed forward without the courtesy of waiting for her responses to the situation or the player with whom she was conversing.

"Diore, I am curious to know when we leave." Geongan said as she strode in with long steps.

Diore was last seen speaking with Eben, yet Geongan comes marching in and without even an 'excuse me' begins speaking to Diore as though she was alone. It is important to read all the previous posts to see where and how involved all the characters are.

"Hey everyone, i have news............. come on, let me show you all...............When they reached one of the many walls ..........

Ciron is another one who interrupts the conversation between Diore, Eben, and of course the already interruptive Geongan, which is bad enough but then he does a bit of 'godmodding'...taking the entire group and placing them at the wall of the city. Is this where Diore wished to be? Did anyone ask her? Or how about Eben, who has nothing to do with this group as a whole.

There was an army -or- there were smany soldiers gathering, but not only from minas tirith. They were pouring in from all over the place, and it seemed that the whole of gondor would be here in a few more days.

Does anyone truly think that even a king like Aragorn could gather together an army...nevermind those from outside Minas Tirith or the whole of Gondor...in less than a day? Messengers and the rallying of troops takes days, sometimes weeks. And as best as I can determine, as the characters have been wasting time riding aimlessly up and down streets, interrupting conversations and dragging each other all over the place, that's about all the time you've allowed the King to accomplish this miracle.

Allow me to point out that it is not necessary to use up all your 'allowed' posts in one day. And let me recommend that all of you who post in the rpg's...here and anywhere else:
...take the time to READ the previous posts, thoughtfully and with comprehension.

...attempt to be believable as to timelines, fighting abilities, healing abilities, locations of places and people (not like we haven't mentioned this many times before)

...do not speak for anyone else or move a fellow player without clearing it with them first or unless it is understood from previous posts.

...Use spell check (there are online dictionaries available as well), paragraphs, and proper grammar. This is supposed to equal the world of JRR Tolkien, whose English was impeccable.

...wait! and take turns in posting. I, for one, would have liked to have heard what the interchange between Diore and Eban was, for it may have played some strategic part in the plot line. However, there are seven posts, most of only a few lines or less, after the conversation began between Diore and Eben, that have neither added reasonably to the storyline nor were they necessary.

In summary, take your time and wait until all players have had a chance to post before you post again, read all the previous posts, being mindful about where your fellow players are and what they're doing at all times, and no 'godmodding'. And write something worth writing, something that deals with the interchanges/feelings between the characters, their location, their surroundings, the storyline...not just aimless chatter to fill in space. This applies, by the way to ALL the threads in our forums.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2006 09:58
Ciron looked out across the walls, Feorran was standing next to him. "It seems that Lord Aragorn already had troops ready to march. They have been quick in arriving"

OOC: Im only talking to Feorran so you can get along with that conversation of yours.

BIC:The sun was setting now, and they watched people come in and out of the city for a while and then Ciron looked back at the tavern. He saw people laughing and having a good time and he said aloud "Its good that there is still a little happiness in the world, whenever one evil is defeated, another one sprouts up from somewhere"
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 05, 2006 06:04
Díore’s hand stroked her hilt as she thought about the man’s questions. “Well, the situation in Edoras is fairly unstable. The overlord, Rinfelir, came to the city with a large number of followers. I couldn’t tell you how much. They took the city by surprise, supplanted King Éomer and his family, and put them in cells.” She sighed heavily, remembering her own parents. “My mother and father were put into them as well when they refused to accept Rinfelir’s offer for my hand.” Díore’s tone became bitter. “I escaped and came here to find help, and the king has offered to aid us. He promised us that we would have Edoras back by autumn, but I feel that with the number of men we need to assemble, it will have to wait until next spring.” Her eyes met the man’s evenly. “Is there anything else you need to know?”

(I agree with everything BerethEdhellen says. The battle will wait until spring so that this is more realistic. I am sorry if I seem harsh, but things need to be kept timely and in accordance to what are the rules here.)
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2006 06:44
((OOC: I agree with that, Dinenlasse))

"There will always be some happiness in the world, Ciron," Feorran said thoughtfully.

She looked out at the army assembling below them ,and then turned away, wiping a tear from the corner of her eye. "It's just that sometimes it is hard to find," she said. Feorran reined in her feelings quickly before they got out of her control, and stroked Hafoc's neck.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2006 03:46
“Is there anything else you need to know?” Her eyes met his and he seemed to be able to see right through her. The troubles this maiden had gone through seemed to be taking their toll on her. Waiting in Minas Tirith for help, didn't seem to be helping matters.

He was silent for a moment and escaped her piercing gaze. "I had no idea...such trouble had come upon our allies. I have no more questions for you m'lady, your supply of information is greatly appreciated..." He stopped, realizing no names had been exchange, despite the fact he already knew hers. He offered his gloved hand across the table for a handshake.

"I am Eben, Ranger of Ithilien."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2006 06:43
(You're not harsh at all Dinenlasse!)

Geongan looked at Feorran. Then she walked down the street, looking around at everything. She had nothing to do at the time. She walked into the tavern again to see the man putting his hand out so that Diore could shake it. "I am sorry I left without a word or an answer Diore." Geongan said. "It was rude of me." Geongan said. She waited for Diore and the man to exchange names, then she put her hand out to him as well. "I am Geongan." Geongan said with a smile.
"I hope you do not mind if I sit down with you." Geongan said.

(I hope this is okay.)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 06, 2006 08:01
(This is fine!)

Díore shook the man's hand. "I am Díore, daughter of the Rohirric captain Hasulfen," she said, smiling warmly, though there was a tired look in her eyes. "Though it doesn't seem that my name registers with you, meaning that you don't seem to be an enemy. That is good to know." She gestured to Geongan. "This is my companion, Geongan. She has been with me through many trials and tribulations." Her tone turned serious, and her green eyes hardened. "Can you be of any aid, sir Eben?"
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: December 06, 2006 10:51
OOC: By next spring, Dinenlasse, do you mean real time or game time? Sorry if I haven't posted for a while...I'm feeling a bit confused about where everyone is, what we're doing, etc. I'll post in a couple days.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2006 06:18
Eben nodded to Geongan with a smile as she sat down beside him. "This is my companion, Geongan. She has been with me through many trials and tribulations....Can you be of any aid, sir Eben?"

Eben was a bit caught of guard by her question but nodded to her, for he already was beginning to think of what still needed to be done. He knew the process and prepartion needed for a battle, even when the need was dire. Memories of the Battle of Pelannor flooded his mind as he remembered fighting relentlessly, waiting...wondering if Rohan would come to their aid. The unexpected battle was very similar to this current one...waiting.

He leaned closer on the table and spoke in a lowered voice, for no apparent reason, it was his way to get his point across to Diore and Geongan.

"I meet with King Elessar and the Steward tomorrow...what was suppose to be a meeting of current affairs will now turn into a more deeper discussion of war and strategy. I will be able to report to you tomorrow of what exactly will be done and how soon. I can speak on behalf of the Rangers of Ithilien when I say, that anything that can be done will be done to prevent the downfall of Rohan. I have a companion who who traveled with me, who I will send out first thing tomorrow, as soon as the King gives the word, to rally the Rangers."

He leaned back in his seat, hoping what he had said would put some peace back into this maiden's and her companion's heart.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2006 06:46
Can everyone now look at the OCC thread to help me and Shadowfax_pip get things straight.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 07, 2006 12:17
(I have posted in the ooc, and I have let my thoughts be known. Yes, I did mean spring in the thread...not in real life!)

Díore finally sat back down in her chair and relazed, allowing the warm atmosphere and her drink settle her nerves. She inclined her head to Eben, feeling grateful that the Rangers were on their side. The maid felt more relieved still when he didn't seem to recognize her name and that she was a runaway. "I thank you for everything," Díore said graciously to Eben, her eyes meeting his. "If there is anything we can collaborate on, I should be interested in learning more of your experiences. I was born only in this age, and unless I am mistaken, you have seen more than your fair share of battle under Lord Faramir."

Díore fell silent, casting a speculatory gaze over the tavern. There was hardly anyone else in there now at this time of night.

----------------------------------------------

Rinfelir stormed down to the musty cells in a furious rage. His temper, not often provoked, was out now. He rushed past the guards who both mumbled a delayed "M'lord," before resuming their positions. He came to a fault in front of Hasulfen and Awyndel, Díore's parents. Their faces were pallid; their eyes were sunken, but in them burnt the light of life.

"Where is she?" Rinfelir asked, barely concealing his anger.

Hasulfen stood up straight and met the lord's eyes evenly. "Even if I knew, I would not tell you. My daughter is far from here, and that is all you need to know," he replied rebelliously.

Rinfelir's patience snapped. "She made for Minas Tirith and the safety of the king. I know this, but my trackers lost her within the city. I have spies there right now, and do not worry, she will be back here as my wife, even if I have to force her." He cursed inwardly; his spies were nowhere nearer to finding her than they were of finding the proverbial needle in a haystack.

However, Rinfelir was not to know that his luck was about to change; for at that very moment, listening in on the conversation between Díore and Eben, was one of his guards. He leaned against the tavern wall and continued to eavesdrop intently as those at the table continued to talk.

(I hope this works as a beginning for the other side.)

[Edited on 12/7/2006 by Dinenlasse]
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2006 09:39
Feorran was watching the conversation with naught more than a mild interest. She mounted Hafoc, deciding to go for a trot around the surrounding streets. The moon cast eerie shadows onto the road, and the sound of Hafoc's hooves on the cobbles echoed around them. But the streets were deserted, and the sky was scattered with stars.

Eventually she decided to head back to the tavern, and Diore, Geongan and Eben were still inside. It was fair to say that Feorran was bored of the waiting, she had much preferred the times when they were travelling or fighting.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2006 04:21
"If there is anything we can collaborate on, I should be interested in learning more of your experiences. I was born only in this age, and unless I am mistaken, you have seen more than your fair share of battle under Lord Faramir."

Eben simply nodded, unless something had to be said he spoke, otherwise if it remained optional he chose to say nothing.

The silence between them grew awkward and Eben stood up and got out of his sit nodding to both of the maidens an excuse of going to bed. "It is late...I will retire for the night. My room is at the end of the upstairs hall on the right. If you need anything more, do not hesitate, in finding me."

With that he walked up the stairs, removing his gloves finger by finger and pushing up the door at the end of the hall. Leon was stretched lazily across the bed with his mouth agape, snoring. Eben stepped in quietly and removed his boots, belt, and cloak. He laid these things against the wall, next to the wash basin and sat down beside them. He would not try to fight for a spot on the bed, he knew it was a loosing battle. The loss of a bed did not affect him however and he remain stalwart as he rested his head on the wall behind him and closed his eyes in a sitting position. Once his body realized he was trying to sleep, it almost instinctly found a more comfortable position on the floor.

------

((OOC: Din signal when it is morning and I can get on posting about the meeting with Eben and the King.))
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2006 04:33
After they spoke for a short time Geongan stood. "I had best leave, night had fallen and I need rest." Geongan said with a smile. She bowed and then left.
When she went outside she saw Feorran riding back up the street. "Feorran, isn't it a little late to be riding around?" Geongan asked, she smiled.
"Come friend, we will need our rest. I know something is coming soon. We'll be on our way back home soon." Geongan said, she could see what was bothering her friend. And although Geongan knew it wasn't time to leave yet, it would happen soon.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2006 06:43
"I truly hope so, Geongan," said Feorran wearily, dismounting and landing more heavily than usual on the balls of her feet.

"I am not fond of the city, all the stone makes me uneasy though I suppose that it is a beautiful place to the accustomed eye. And I think I need my rest more than I thought," she added, stifling a huge yawn. "I haven't slept since goodness knows when."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2006 12:30
Geongan patted her friend on the back. "I had better go and rest also. Lets go." Geongan said, she smiled as usual. Geongan seemed to smile in any circumstance, she almost never saw any bad in any situation.

When they had came to the inn Geongan walked in and fell on her bed. She fell asleep almost instantly.
Dreams weaved in and out of her mind. Dreams of her home in the past, when all was happy and she was carefree.
But dreams of things that had recently happened also came. She had a dream of one of her many lonely travels when they had all been separated.
She woke in the night. She had not been wakened by the dream, but by a sound nearby.
Geongan sat up and looked around the room, someone was outside her door.
The first thing Geongan thought was that it was Feorran, but why would she be sneaking around the hallway outside her door.
Geongan stood and picked up her dagger, just incase.
She began to worry about Feorran, what was going on and was Feorran okay?
Then the door slowly opened.

(don't know who this is going to be, it can be an enemy or a friend. I'll leave it to you.)
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2006 06:21
"Oh, you're still here," said Feorran, shutting the door behind her and collapsing on the bed. "I thought that he might have come in here first," she said, bursting spontaneously into tears. "I have no idea what's happening!"

Feorran sheathed her bloodstained sword - she would clean it later. She choked back the tears. "I couldn't sleep, so i was lying awake, when this man came into my room. He saw I was awake, and drew his sword... It was serrated and glinting..." She broke off and wiped the tears from her cheeks. "But I killed him first, I kept my sword by my bed. But he..." Feorran put her head into her hands, her body wracked with sobs.

((OOC - He could be one of the spies from Edoras, or someone along that line))
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: December 12, 2006 10:38
Eorla had followed the others to their rooms and collapsed gratefully onto one of the beds. Without undressing she drifted off into a deep, healing sleep.

A tearful voice awoke her. Along with years spent on alert in the wilderness came an ability to wake immediately and without the normal fogginess from sleep. Eorla sat up, instantly on alert, and stepped towards her door. Upon opening it she glanced out, and a puddle of liquid caught her eye. It glistened in the trickle of light from the moon, and Eorla knelt to touch the liquid. With a shudder she recognized the sticky, sweet smell of , and she jumped to her feet. Whoever had been injured, it was recent. She scanned the hallway quickly, and followed the trail to Feorran's room. Her heart in her mouth, Eorla opened the door and saw a shadowy lump on the floor, lying in a pool of shining liquid.

Stifling a cry Eorla half-lifted the body. It was too large and heavy to be Feorran, but just to be sure she lit a candle. The yellow light fell upon the face of the person, showing features of a man. His golden beard and hair were stained with red, and his eyes bulged in fear. Eorla glanced away from the ly wound in his belly and stepped out into the hall. Another trail of red lead to Geongan's room, and Eorla half-ran to the door, pushing it open. She took in Feorran, sobbing, and gasped, "What happened?"
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2006 06:39
Feorran looked up, wiping the tears from her cheeks. "He came into my room in the middle of the night, and when he saw I was awake he drew his sword but I killed him before he could get to me."

Feorran shuddered at the recollection of the look on his face. At first he had looked menacing and evil, but he ended up looking obviously shocked at the young woman running him through with a sword. "I thought he might have been in your room first, or Geongan's," she whispered, wiping her face with her sleeve.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 13, 2006 07:58
(The one Feorran killed can be one of the spies, but maybe we should have a set number…how does three sound? The one she killed was not the one that listened to the conversation…I am having him go back to Edoras.)

Díore left the commons and attempted to drag her sore body to her room. Apprehension had crawled up her back, but she knew that it had nothing to do with Eben. It had been an exhausting day, and the maiden wanted nothing more than to lie in her bed and let her weary body rejuvenate. But it was not to be. As she neared the top of the stairs, Díore heard a commotion. She tracked the noise to Geongan’s room, and in there she found Feorran, Geongan, and Eorla. At once Díore noted that something was wrong, and almost at once, she saw a blood trail. Biting her lip anxiously, she followed it to Feorran’s room.

In the room, Díore saw a prostrate figure on the ground. His face was one of death, and a sickly scent filled her senses. Bile rose in her throat, and her insides heaved. She recognized this man; he was one of the guards that had held her when she was before Rinfelir. She backed out of the room and returned to Geongan’s room in time to hear Feorran’s story. Heart racing, she said, “I know who he was.”

----------------------------------------------

The man mounted his great bay steed and kicked the beast into a swift gallop. He rode out of Minas Tirith with all speed and hoped to return to Edoras in less than four days. He had heard every bit of the conversation in the tavern, and he would report all to his lord. The only question was how much he would be paid for this information.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2006 09:21
Geongan sat by her friend, trying to comfort her. "I saw him, he stood by my door, as if he was thinking of what to do." Geongan said, the tone of her voice had lowered to become calming, almost like a motherly voice.

Geongan went to see what had happened exactly. She left Feorran with Eorla and went into Feorran's room.
She saw Diore standing there. "You know this man, don't you?" Geongan said when she walked up beside her.
"He is one of Rinfelirs spies isn't he?" Geongan said, she looked at the man's face.
She knew this man had been an enemy, but had he been like that all his life? Geongan almost always saw some good ina person, even an enemy. The onyl creature she didn't care the slightest about killing was orcs or other vile creatures of their sort.
But this enemy was different. These were men, and she was half man. It was harder, almost.
"We had best not stand around, we should be rid of the body. We cannot leave it in this room." Geongan said. "Do you think we should tell the inn keeper about this?" Geongan asked.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 14, 2006 05:13
Díore inclined her head in acknowledgment of Geongan’s words. “Yes, I knew this man, once. Rinfelir must have sent him here after me. And that means,” she trailed off as recognition dawned upon her. “There are more of them here, and I believe that everything we have discussed has been overheard by prying ears.” Díore withdrew her sword from its sheath and toyed with the handle. “I will return shortly. I need to speak with Eben.”

Díore left the room quickly and went down the hall to Eben’s room. She knocked softly so as not to disturb anyone but insistently all the same. The night, she felt, was only going to get longer, and there would be no sleep to be had.

(Morning will come soon, Iri, but this little bit of action will work in well. I will post more about the spy when two or three days pass in here so as to keep things straight.)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2006 07:47
Geonagn knew what would happen. She had not thought of the fact that there would be more after them.
Geongan ran out of the room, she wanted to stay with Feorran. She wasn't sure if she should warn them about the danger yet.
Geongan walked in and she knew her friends saw that she looked worried.
Geonagn knew someone would have to tell them. "My friends, I am afraid we are in great danger. Diore suspects that there are more spies, the man you killed was not the only one." Geongan said, her face showed a seriousness that usually never showed on her face.
"We must stay together, it would be too dangerous to be alone, we would be much easier prey." Geongan said, she stood ready, she knew they would soon come.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2006 04:57
((sorry it took so long for a post. busy week >.<))

Eben lie awake. There was quite a bit of walking around outside his door, but he remained where he lay. They were steps of urgency...uneasy steps. Their hesitent vibrations allowed him to realize things weren't quite right. However, he knew better than to just waltz into the unknown. He remained with his hand ready on the dagger secured to his shin.

It was then he heard the steps come closer to his door. He glanced over to Leon who remained asleep....
Fool. He thought to himself. He stood up quickly as they approached and stood against the door with the dagger now unsheathed and ready. When he heard the knock he opened it with a crack to see who it was.

Seeing that it was Diore he glanced behind her quickly and opened the door more. He saw the urgency in her eyes and did not allow her to explain. He quickly put on his boots and his cloak, awakening Leon.

"Whats going on?..." he mumbled as he awoke. Eben ignored him and stepped outside where Diore waited for him and closed the door behind him.

"What has happened?" he asked making eye contact with her.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2006 06:29
"More?" Feorran asked. "One was bad enough, though it would make sense if what I've heard is true." She stood up and drew her sword again - the blood had dried on it a crusty brown. Feorran decided to clean her sword before going anywhere, and it was soon gleaming as it always had been.

"Well, I suppose this changes everything, in a roundabout way. So what are we going to do now?" she asked.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 15, 2006 11:39
Díore locked eyes with Eben and laid out her suspicions. "There are spies among us here, and I fear that we are in danger. We might have been overheard, and one of the spies lies dead by Feorran's hand. I believe there are at least two others, and one has probably returned to Edoras and will report to Rinfelir. I know this, and he will probably come after me one way or another. I don't know when, but come he will." She ran her hand along the keen blade of her sword and was rewarded by the sight of blook on her hand. Díore did not fear pain nor did she flinch from it.

Díore inhaled deeply and calmed herself. She met Eben's eyes again and queried, "What do you propose we do?"
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2006 12:33
Geongan sighed, she didn't know what their next move would be. "We will have to wait and see what Diore says about this." Geongan decided. Geonagn waited by the door, waiting, listening for more danger, even though she doubted that another spy would come so soon.
She opened the door slightly and looked out at Diore and Eben. "Diore, do you know what we are to do?" Geongan asked, she kept her hand on the hilt of her sword.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2006 11:49
Ciron was in the dark courtyard of the in. There was a post in the centre, used for tying horses to whilst people were waiting. But Ciron had decided to take advantage of it, and he drew his sword and began to ppractice his techniques on it. He was proud of himself for learning the art of the sword, but he knew there was a lot more to learn. he needed a teacher to inspire him.

The silent moon rose above him ever so slowly. But soon clouds began to cover it and there was only one light in the dark place. But Ciron was safe in Minas Tirith, with his sword.
He watched a man ride out of the inn on his horse, his face looked worried, adn he gazed at Ciron with a strange face. but Ciron tok little notice and soon forgot this. He wasnt disturbed after until later on in the evening. it was about midnight, and Ciron had decided to stop and rest. He leaned against the post that now had many scratches in in, and wiped the sweat off his head with his cape.

But after a minute somethng changed, he felt like he was being watched. And he tried to peirce the intense darkness around him but couldnt. He stood and picked up his sword from the floor. he took the torch that was near him on a metal pole and waved it into the darkness. But nothing was there. He sighed at himself from relief.

But then something stepped out of the shadows and gazed at him with hidden eyes under a hood. Without any more hesitation he ran towards Ciron with his sword pointed at him, Ciron parried, and they began to engage in a fight, dodging, and parrying. Ciron grew weary, and realised that the man had waited for him to feel tired.

Ciron screamed and fell to the floor in despair, waiting for the final blow. But it didnt come, instead he was gaged and wraped in a rug at high speed. Then in a carriage, the man climbed his horse and rode out of the inn. Ciron felt tears sting into his eyes but he coulnt think of what to do, how would he be saved, or would he have to find his own escape, though that now seemed impossible for his hands had been tied together as soon as they had reached the end of the street.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2006 05:05
Geonagn had heard a scream outside. She ran to the window just in time to see someone get wrapped up and carried away. Geongan's heart beat fast. "Does anyone know where Ciron is?" Geongan asked, she tried to keep herself calm. No one seemed to know where he had gone.
Geongan knew what had happened. She ran to Diore.
"Diore, I fear Ciron has been captured. No one knows where he is and I just witnessed someone being captured." Geongan explained. "I must go and find him." Geongan said, she knew she could not go alone though. "I will take Feorran with me, you can stay here, we will be alright." Geongan said. "Anyway, if we were all to go we would be more noticeable, unless you think otherwise." Geongan said, she didn't want many people to come but she would leave it up to Diore if she wanted to come along. "I will be at the stable preparing my horse. Come down when you are ready and tell me your decision." Geongan said, she knew she had not a minute to lose.
She ran back into Feorran's room. "Come Feorran, we must go and rescue Ciron." Geongan said, she rushed down the stairs and into the stable.
Just as she started tacking Darkfire, she stopped. "Maybe it is a trap, maybe we should not go." Geongan whispered. She was unsure now. Geongan stopped and put the saddle down. "Feorran, we must wait to see what Diore has to say about this. I think it might be a trap." Geongan said, she leaned against the wall and began thinking about what would have to be done.
If he was captured then he could be put to death, but if he wasn't and they had left they could have been put to death. It was so confusing.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2006 07:55
"Why, what's happened to him?" asked Feorran urgently. "No, that scream wasn't him, was it?" She went pale.

She leaned against the wall with her head in her hands. It was like her world was falling to pieces around her. "I hope Diore comes quickly, I don't care if it's a trap, I'm not losing anyone else," she said to Geongan softly.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2006 08:17
"What do you propose we do?" Eben turned his gaze downward as his eyebrows lowered. Not much thought could be made for Geongan approached them with urgency,

"Does anyone know where Cirion is?" Eben's thought thought back to the one he saw in the tavern corner.
"Diore, I fear Cirion has been captured. No one knows where he is and I just witnessed someone being captured."

Soon she was out the door with Feorran. Diore looked to Eben once more. He bit his bottom lip as he thought quickly.
"It is a trap, we cannot let them go, they expect it. No one would perform a kidnapping in the midst of danger without wanting to be followed. Go stop them before they leave. Stay alert. I will follow them. You and your companions stay behind and alert those with authority."
She turned to leave, but he caught her arm, "Diore, you and your friends must trust me and remain in the city. You are the target, stay here till my return."

He nodded to her and entered back into the room grabbing his travel pack and saddle bags, which were delievered previously by the stable boys. He checked to make sure he had sufficient supplies and hurried down the stairs and out the back.

In the stable, he prepared Wyn and led her out the back. He mounted quickly and leaned towards her ear, "Shh..." he whispered to her. She knew what her master meant and remained in the shadows. He scanned the ground, looking for tracks, he saw where the struggle was made and followed. If there was to be an ambush, they would wait till they were outside the city.

((hope this is alright folks, Irmo and i have a bit under our sleeves and I wish to use this as my exit to start our little plot.))
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2006 10:14
Feorran made to go after Ciron, but at Eben's words she stopped and kicked one of the stone walls with the ball of her foot. She ignored the throbbing pain, for she had kicked it as hard as she could, and leaned against the wall again.

"Once more, it is a waiting game," Feorran muttered irritably. "We must stay and wait to see what happens about these spies, we must wait instead of going after Ciron, I am tired and sick of having to stay in one place so long!" she exclaimed, brushing a stray tear from the corner of her eye. "I feel so useless, as usual!" she added under her breath. "I can fight, I can run, but I have not the patience neede to wait!"
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2006 02:39
Ciron cursed himself out loud for crying, but accepted that everyone did it, and there was no embarrasement. He managed to find a small hole in the rug he was covered in and peered through it. he saw and knew that he was still in minas tirith. He did not know what to do as his hands were strapped together. But he needed to give people clues to where he was being taken if he was going to be found.

But in the end he decided what he should do. when he saw that the cariage had come to a crossroad where there were many choices to coose from, he kiked off his shoe, and he did the same at another. It was all he could do and he hoped it would speed help.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2006 10:32
Geongan put her arm around Feorran. "Do not worry Feorran, we will have our chance to fight." Geongan said. "I hope you find Ciron." Geogan said to Eben. "Come on Feorran, why don't we go inside?" Geongan suggested, but she could tell that Feorran wanted to be out and running. Geongan sighed, and smiled. "I know that you want to be outside, so I had better stay with you. It's obviously too dangerous to be alone now." Geongan said. She saw how much Feorran wanted to ride back home, Geongan felt the same way inside, but she had to rein in her feelings. The time would come soon, but not just yet.
<< First7891011Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email