Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First89101112
Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hope of a Shieldmaiden (keep)
on: January 10, 2007 11:54
(I hope you don't mind, but I'm going ahead with the idea we talked about in the ooc.)

Geongan walked about the city with Feorran and Ciron and Eorla. The four friends shared their excitement about leaving the city and going to Henneth. "I have heard how beautiful that place is, although I have never been there myself. I think any forest is beautiful." Geongan said with a smile.
Then as they walked and talked Geongan felt something was not right. She looked around and saw nothing but felt as if she was being watched.
"Do you feel like someone is watching us?" Geongan asked, she had lowered her voice so only they could hear. Once they had answered she smiled and laughed. "We mustn't act like we feel this way or whoever it is might come out." Geongan said quietly.
She continued to look around but laughed with the others when they made a joke, or spoke of something they all enjoyed.
Then she saw it. Someone was following them. Geongan pulled Feorran close so she could whisper in her ear. "I see him, we are being followed." Geongan whispered.

(Hope this works)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2007 07:24
"I see, that man back there..." Feorran muttered back. "Shall we.... I don't know, go somewhere quiet so that we will not be noticed, and then catch him and interrogate him or something? I don't know, but I'm not being followed all day by some shifty guy!"

They turned down into a less crowded street, laughing as if some joke had just been made.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: January 11, 2007 11:33
Eorla frowned at the shadow following them. It seemed that no where they went was safe anymore. She casually rested a hand on her sword pommel and eased towards the back of their group to keep a better eye on him, but pretended as though she never knew of his presence.

She slowed down considerably, and the shadow must have thought that this was his chance because he threw off all secrecy and sprinted towards her. Eorla waited until the last moment, then leaped to the side and swung her arm under the man's chin. He hit the ground hard, and Eorla had her sword out and to his throat in an instant. "Who are you?" she hissed.

((OOC: hope this works, the next poster can take this and tell who he is))
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2007 08:24
Half an hour later the man was sitting in a chair in their room with his hands tied behind his back. Four people were staring at him , and it took him a short moment to realise what happened and these were the people who he had been tracking.

After a while they managed to make him tell them who he was, they threatened him but really they did not want to harmhim, only know who he was and why he was stalking them. It turned out that he was a spy, named Gregory, andhe had been hired to assasinate as many as he could in their group, by the leader of the rebels in rohan.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2007 10:09
Geogan looked over the man, he was obviously one of the rebels, he had the insignia on his shirt. Geongan was upset to find another spy, it could mean more were around. "Tell me, are there any others?" Geongan asked. Of course he did not answer, and Geongan didn't really expect him to. Geongan lookef out at the streets, wondering if there were anymore and if they were being watched even now.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2007 09:58
Feorran sighed. She walked behind the man and drew her serrated knife from her boot. "Are there any others?" she hissed into his ear, putting her knife to his neck and pressing down until small beads of blood came up around it. Her face had changed into a picture of hatred. The spy gulped.

"I don't know, I think that one has gone back to report to Rohan, and we haven't seen the other for a long time..." Feorran thought of the one she had killed. "I don't know," he said again. She stepped back and put her knife back in her boot, after wiping the blood on it off on her sleeve. Her expression was inscrutable.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2007 06:09
((sorry the delay...my wedding is this weekend so my post will be rare until next week. I will still try to check back, but feel free to play my character as needed Din, until I can really get back into the jist of things.))

"And what is it that you wish to speak to me about?"
Eben eased, Wyn, the open space made her anxious..she was eager to get a good run in , but she was obedient.
"I talked to the Captain...he will be meeting with the King later this evening, nothing will be final until I meet with Captain Faramir again this evening." He let that much settled at least, before continuing. He hoped Diore would not be upset with him, being a stranger and having already volunteered her to go else where...

"I proposed that you and your company from Rohan should travel, with me, to the Ranger's garrison...Henneth Annun. With spies in the city, you and your friends are no longer safe. The traitor knows where you are and looking for you."

He made eye contact with Diore and noticed her hand ready upon the hilt of her sword, she was not very trusting. It was a good quality and Eben was relieved to see she remained on her guard, despite where she was.

"...Rinfelir knows where you are, if you travel with me, he will not know and you will remain safe...and under my guard. Your companions, if decided, are also to travel with us."

[Edited on 15/1/2007 by Iri]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 17, 2007 05:07
“Under your guard?” Díore repeated, slowly taking in what Eben had said. As the daughter of a warrior, she knew that his advice made sense. “Henneth Annûn is where you are bound? Then I will go with you.” Her eyes locked onto his. “After all that has happened here, I realize that my presence only endangers those around me, you included. Speak with your captain, and get back to me on when you will leave. But as you probably know, being a Ranger, it would be best for us to leave under the cover of darkness, and have its cloak as our shield.”

Relief seemed to be evident in Eben’s gaze. But Díore knew logic would win against full out battle in the long run…or that battle must be avoided for as long as it would take to be fully planned. She spoke again, “I know that we would be under your protection, but do not discredit me as a warrior, or any others in my company, for we have seen things that many others haven’t.” The finality in her tone indicated that refusal was not acceptable in this instance.

She sighed and stroked Durithil, who fought the reins slightly; the ebony stallion wanted to run. Díore returned her gaze to Eben. “Should we let them gallop freely for this might be the last time for a while that it is able to happen?”
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2007 06:27
Eben nodded in reply. A man of few words, he kept to himself when nothing else was needed to be said. Diore's horse ran ahead of him and he encouraged Wyn to follow. Wyn let out a whinny realizing Eben gave her a moment of freedom. He ducked lower in the saddle as Wyn began to pick up her pace.

He looked momentarily up in the sky, the afternoon was waning. Already the sky was beginning to paint a brilliant orange just on the horizon, but it would be a few hours still before the sun finally set.

Wyn was full of energy and also was enjoying the run with another horse. Despite the moment, Eben kept on his guard. As Faramir had said, the roads were watched.

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 12:17
Díore and Eben rode for a few miles before turning their horses back towards Minas Tirith. As they rode, Díore glanced at the Ranger. "When do you think we are leaving?" she asked, holding Durithil's reins in one hand and the hilt of her sword in the other. She resumed looking forward and concentrated her mind on what would happen that night. What would happen, she wasn't sure, but she knew instinctively that she could trust Eben.

----------------------------------------------------------

The group of four spies from Rinfelir followed the pair back into the city. There was nothing significant about them; they looked like ordinary citizens. But they had their mission, and with all luck, it will be fulfilled.

(Díore is going to be kidnapped, just to let you know. Please, I want this to happen, and I don't want any intereference as of yet. Three of them can die (not just yet), but one of them needs to live!)
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 01:52
(great Dinenlasse, I'm in)

Geongan had been walking around, she couldn't wait to leave.
Then she saw Diore and Eben coming.

Geongan continued to walk about. Her thoughts wandered.
Then she remembered that evil spy that the others were currently interrogating. "Maybe I should go and tell Diore and Eben about this." Geongan thought, she ran to them.
"Diore and Eben. We caught a spy following us, he is tied up in our room. I think the others are interrogating him, but I slipped away to get some fresh air. I just thought you might like to know." Geongan said, then she turned and walked away.

Geongan walked over to a wall and looked out, she loved the view.
"You're new around here aren't you." A voice said beside her.
Geongan gasped and jumped back.
The guard next to her took a step back as well. "I'm sorry that I scared you." The guard said.
Geongan smiled. "No, I was just being silly." Geongan said.
"To answer your question, yes, I am new around here. Well, maybe not new, I've been here for a while but this isn't my home." Geongan explained.
"Did you come here with those other people?" The guard asked as he pointed to Diore.
"Yes, she is one of my friends, we've done a lot of traveling together. I am Geongan, by the way." Geongan said as she extended her hand.
"Hilderinc." The man said as he shook her hand.
Geongan smiled and looked out at the beauty of the land.
Hilderinc stayed by her and they both talked, they had some things in common and Geongan liked him, he was the first person he had become friends with during their stay in Minas Tirith, most of the time she had been here they had been dodging spies.

(I thought I could bring him in to occupy Geongan while the kidnapping happens, hope you don't mind.)
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2007 04:31
"When do you think we are leaving?" she asked. Eben shrugged. "A day or two max...I would be eager to leave as soon as possible, maybe even by tomorrow depending on the answer given."

As they entered they could see Diore's friend Geongan approaching them. "Diore and Eben. We caught a spy following us, he is tired up in our room. I think the others are interrogating him, but I slipped away to get some fresh air. I just thought you might like to know." she said and turned, wallking away.

Eben frowned, she was so light of the subject. He turned to Diore who was looking to him. "I suppose we should go see this spy then." he said as they dismounted and stabled their horses.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 23, 2007 11:46
Díore glanced at Eben and remarked, "Yet another spy. How many more is he going to send here to follow us? But let us go and see him." The pair went to the room where the man was tied up. He was sitting in a chair, looking at them in scorn.

"Do you think you can make me talk?" he asked, his eyes showing hatred.

Díore glowered at him. "Not if you don't want to talk. Unlike Rinfelir, we will not make you talk. Such is not our ways. However, I cannot understand why you would want to serve under him when he rules through fear when you could be under the leadership of King Eomer. He is more relenting and kind than your master is."

The spy remained silent, pondering this.

---------------------------------------

The remaining three spies entered the city and waited for the right moment. The sky was beginning to darken; their moment was to come soon. And then Rinfelir would make Díore pay for everything she had done to him.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2007 11:53
Geongan sighed after a long moment.
"I had best return to my friends." Geongan said, it was begining to get dark.
"Will I see you again?" Hilderinc asked.
Geongan felt uncomfortable about this, she just wanted to be friends, but he seemed to like her more than this.
"I'm sure we will talk again friend, but I must go." Geongan said, then she quickly walked back to the inn.

Geongan walked in as Diore was speaking with the spy. She listened to every word intently.
She smiled when Diore had finished, she was a very smart woman. Geongan sat on a bed in the room and wondered what they would do with the spy. Would they let him go? No, that would certainly bring more trouble.
"What will we do with him?" Geongan whispered to Diore.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2007 09:29
Feorran leaned against the wall, listening to what Diore said to the spy. She preferred the more primitive methods than word games, though she was perfectly eloquent herself, but it was clear that using them would only make her on the spies' level.

She walked over to Geongan and Diore, in time to hear Gongan ask what they were to do with the spy. "We can't leave him here, or let him go, and it would be cruel to kill him..." she said. "But if we met him on the road, we would probably have killed him anyway..." She shook her head, at a loss of what to do.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2007 07:05
Eben heard Feorran's sayings an answered quite quickly, "Let the guards of Minas Tirith take him. He is a spy of the enemy and would be dealt with accordingly. We should not handle this matter alone." He could see Diore did not want to allow this man to leave without information that could be helpful, but Eben knew there was nothing else that could be done with the spy.

He paced to the back of the room and leaned against the wall peering out the window as he allowed Diore to decide what would happen. He would meet with the Captain in another hour or so and was pretty sure of his verdict. The horses should be ready by tonight.... He thought to himself, with another spy being revealed he wanted to leave Minas Tirith immediately.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 27, 2007 11:42
"I agree with Eben. Let those who are better able to deal with him do so. A nice prison cell might be the best remedy...or possibly even execution for such a traitor. But I think you will find that King Aragorn doesn't much care for such evil things," Díore said, her hatred of the spy clearly evident in her green eyes and her icy tone.

Her attention turned to Eben. "Soon you will be meeting with Prince Faramir, correct?" She saw his nod of assent. "Then, I can assume that we will speak once you are done with him?" Again, another nod. "I suppose the only thing we can do then is wait."

-------------------------------------------------

Hidden in the shadows of the inn where the group was, the three spies readied themselves. Remaining silent, they knew that they would only get one chance to kidnap Díore. Their horses were tethered nearby so as to make a quick getaway. They would be gone before anyone knew they had hit.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2007 06:12
Eben turned to Diore and nodded to her answer and left the room, walking out of the inn and down the street, the first two evening guards he saw he sent towards the room, to deal with the spy. He then continued on to meet with Lord Faramir.

"By the look of your eyes I can see you already know my answer, Eben." Faramir stated walking towards his fellow ranger. Eben simply nodded.

"Now you tell me there was another spy? Then my decision and King Elessar's was already decided for us. Diore and her companion's must leave, under your guard. Take them to Henneth where they will be hidden and unharmed. However your journey will not be so easy. They are looking for her, Eben. You must hold your promise and not let any harm come to her. I'm afriad Rinfelir will not stop looking for her, proof of that now sits in a prison cell. Ready your horses and leave as soon as possible. Supplies will be sent to you via messenger to the inn you are staying at."

Eben placed a fist acoss his chest and saluted his captain. "Eben, be careful." he said nodding to the salute. Having not said a word, Eben turned and left. When he exited the hall he stopped just outside and leaned against a wall. He had not had time to let his thoughts gather how he got in this situation and then the image of Diore appeared in his mind and he knew why. Wasting no more time he hurried back to the inn to inform Diore and her companions to ready for the journey.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 07, 2007 11:18
Díore listened carefully as Eben explained to them (her and her companions) that they would be leaving that very night. "I had anticipated as much," she said as she wrapped her sword belt around her waist and strapping the sheath to it. Her eyes remained locked on his, and Díore was thankful that they had someone with his expertise among them. Apprehension flooded through her, and Díore shivered slightly. At least the spy had been taken away by members of the guard, under the scrutiny of a wizened captain.

After Eben had finished speaking, Díore commented, "Then it will be less than an hour before we head out." The sky outside was slowly turning ebony. Her supplies had been packed already and were attached to Durithil's saddle. Díore had tacked him up early in case the opportunity arrived for them to leave any earlier. The black horse whickered fretfully from where he was tethered up outside; he wanted to leave right away. And, Díore thought upon reflection, he had good reason to.

---------------------------------------------

"Curse!" one of the spies cried as the innkeeper's wife ushered them away with her broom. The only reason they heeded her without killing her was because they didn't want to be noticed. And so they went out the city gates and waited there. They had overheard Eben talking and would ambush the party as they left for Henneth Annun.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2007 11:36
Geongan quickly went down to the stables and tacked up her horse. "Looks like we'll be leaving this place. I do like it but Minas Tirith is just too much of a prison, for me anyway." Geongan said, she patted Darkfire's mane.

Geongan led Darkfire out when she was ready. She saw that Diore was ready, but the others seemed to still be getting ready.
"Diore, what will we do when we come to Henneth Annun? Where will we go?" Geongan asked, she knew they had plenty of time to decide but she was curious.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2007 09:59
Feorran smoothed Hafoc's mane down as he tossed his head. "We're finally getting out of here," she said, smiling. She tacked Hafoc up. He was dancing on the spot, and Feorran calmed him down quickly so she could get his bridle on. She led him out of the stables after Geongan, following her back to Diore.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2007 05:11
It did not take Eben long to ready Wyn and the supplies given to him. Diore, Geongan, and Feorran were already waiting when Eben arrived to meet them. He nodded to them and then looked to Diore.

"Are any more coming with us? Your friend who was kidnapped, will he be accompanying us?"

Wyn pranced in place. She was excited about leaving, however nervous of the situation.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2007 11:11
cironwalked slowly around the corner, he had recovered fromthe kidnapping and was just about to goto swords practice with the other soldiers when he bumped into his friends.
He saw they were all getting ready to ride outof the city and looke puzzled. "Where is everyone going" he ase innocently.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 11, 2007 07:10
"To Henneth Annun," Díore replied, mounting Durithil and taking up the reins. She inclined her head deferentially to Eben. "I am assuming that you are going to be leading us then, for I certainly do not know the way to our destination." A slight smile lit her face. Díore nudged Durithil forward, and the black stallion whinnied happily, wanting to finally do something other than wait.

-------------------------------------

"Our chance will come," the leader of the spies said to his cohorts. "We will ambush them as they head toward Henneth Annun. Rinfelir can wait a little longer. He knows that this venture would take some time."

They waited until the company was out of Minas Tirith and followed them at a distance, undiscernible to the group of friends.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2007 03:55
"We are going to Henneth Annun Ciron, and if you plan to come with us you will go and ready your horse now." Geongan explained, she tried to keep a straight face but she ended up smiling.

When they were all ready they followed Diore and Eben who were in the lead. Geongan was glad to have the scenery change.
"I'm sure you're glad to be out of there, right Feorran." Geongan said with a smile.
Then she looked back at the beauty around them as they left the gates of Minas Tirith, they were out on a great field.

"I must admit that that place was magnificent though. I would enjoy coming back for a visit, I think, but I do love the open lands and forests much better." Geongan said.
Then she looked back at Ciron, who had been very quiet lately.
"How are you feeling Ciron? You have been keeping to yourself much of the time." Geongan asked, she had to twist her body aroudn to look at him because he was behind her.

Then she turned back to the front. "Maybe you should ride up beside me so I don't have to turn around on my horse to look at you." Geongan said.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 11:43
(Ok, it is time this came back up. I miss this thread.)

The company of friends, heading for Henneth Annun, set out along on a road that led east. The sight of the great plain that lay spread out before them reminded Díore so much of home that her heart tightened. She missed her parents, but yet, she was on her own journey, to make something of herself. The Rohirric maiden might have only been 20, but she had experienced things most others twice her age hadn't. Certainly they hadn't faced the issue of trying to restore their sovereign back to his rightful place. They hadn't escaped the prison of a mad man bent on destroying all that was right. They hadn't had to fend for themselves and hadn't been taken lightly for being fair. What had others done?, Díore wondered. There was the fact that all of the leaders that she had ever known had faced the peril of Middle-Earth being taken over, but this was supposed to be a time of peace. Lost in these thoughts, Díore failed to notice the mounted man that was coming their way.

-------------------------------------------------

Hyldar, Rinfelir's second-in-command, sighted the fair maiden, the Ranger, and the remaining companions as he rode from Ithilien to Minas Tirith. He had just come from conference with Rinfelir's spies in the forest surrounding Henneth Annun. There was nothing spectacular about his appearance; he was dark-haired and green-eyed, the look of a Ranger, but not one. He rode upon a deep brown stallion, well-muscled with powerful legs. At his side was sheathed a sword and a dagger. There was nothing to indicate that he was in affiliation with the 'lord' of Rohan.

As Hyldar approached the others, he scarcely gave them a second glance. But something flickered in his eyes as he glanced upon Díore, a light of triumph maybe?

-----------------------------------------------

The other three spies remained a good distance behind the company, but upon seeing Hyldar, they halted their mounts and awaited the leader.

"Is everything in motion then?" Hyldar asked one.

"Aye. She is to be taken as soon as they reach Henneth Annun," he replied promptly.

"Good. And then what?"

"We will take her to Rinfelir, and he intends to keep her in prison until she concedes to marry him or else he will kill her parents."

Hyldar nodded. "Good. But he knows that he can't kill the maid or Aragorn will be furious, and that might provoke him to attack. The others in Henneth Annun are waiting to aid you if you cannot secret her away in time. Remember, this is secret, we do not want her companions to know that she is missing until the morning. Go now!"

The three spies resumed their tailing of Díore and her companions. Their time was coming, and the reward promised was great.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 03:51
Eben rode in front, leading the way. Dawn was breaking and a new day would soon begin. He could feel the hard winds carrying over the plains, he caught the slight smell of moisture in the air and felt the cool tint.

"We should expect rain, whether it be days from now or by sundown is still unknown." he called back to no one particular. He kept his mind clear of thoughts and heightened his trained skills. The only marks on the road where the normal wagon tracks or travelers. Soon he would lead them off the road, for it was no longer safe to remain. As he scanned up ahead he saw a traveler on horseback approach, he placed a steady hand upon the hilt of his weapon as he watched the rider slow down to a reasonable pace and pass by, his eyes roamed the travelers and not a greeting was said, a particular gaze was pointed in Diore's direction.

Eben turned around slightly and faced her and tossed his head, motioning her to ride beside him. When she trotted up beside him he smirked, "We will travel until the afternoon, how adapt are you to travel, Diore?"

He needed to know how often they would need to stop, he knew she was of the Rohirrim and his question was probably pointless but he needed to have these things cleared and in the open if he were to lead.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 09:09
Feorran rode in silence behind Diore and Eben. Rain, she thought. A minute or so later, Eben confirmed her thoughts, and she smiled to herself. Being cooped up within stone walls for so long had not made her any less adept at reading her environment.

As the rider went past, Feorran's hand went to the hilt of her sword, but when he had passed she removed it again with a glance behind her. He was still moving in the other direction. She could not help but think what a powerful horse he was riding, and what good condition it was in, but she turned back to face the way they were travelling without a second thought.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2007 04:28
Geongan saw Feorran's hand go to the hilt of her sword, she rode up to be closer to her friend.
"Isn't it nice to be out again?" Geongan said with her natural smile.
She personally loved the smell of rain, it had such a fresh scent.
Geongan took in a deep breathe and let it out.

A short time later rain began to fall in big water droplets. Geongan's hair was soaked in a matter of minutes and her braided hair stuck to her wet clothes.
Her horse would occansionally shake her head so that water would fly off her mane in every direction.

Thankfully the rain was not a terribly cold rain, just terribly wet.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2007 09:28
"It's more than nice," laughed Feorran. Even when the rain began to fall, her spirits were not dampened. Her hair was plastered to her forehead, and the water was running in rivulets down Hafoc's sides. Her single braid was heavy on her back, soaked with water.

Eventually the rain became more of a nuisance. Water was soaking into her pack, and looking in it she found that everything inside was wet. She frowned and shut it again, looking up at the desolate grey sky.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 10:18
Díore moved her gaze from the road to Eben. "I am able to travel as long as you wish us to, my lord. If you wish us mounted for the entirety of the day, then I am perfectly fine with it. As for Durithil, he is as well-suited for a hard journey as I am," she said, pulling up her hood as the rain pelted them. Durithil slackened his pace as the rain soaked the road and turned it into a muddy path. The others did the same. The rain did not bother either horse or rider unduly. If lightning was on the horizon, however, then that was a different story.

-----------------------------------

Doggedly the spies continued their pursuit. One of the men shook his wetted head and sent water scattering everywhere. "I am getting sick of this," he muttered, trying hard to see through the downpour. "Why should we be the ones to do this?"

"Shut your mouth," their leader snapped, reining in his horse as it stumbled in the mud. "To speak thus is treason, and it would be your head for that. We are out here because our lord commanded us to. There is no reason to question his will."

Still grumbling, the first man sat on his horse, shivering and regretting that he had been asked for such a quest, no matter the reward promised. It wasn't worth the trouble anymore. Nothing had worked, and only if they captured the maid were they to get their due. The man shook his head in disgust. No, he wasn't sure how much more he could handle.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2007 09:56
Ciron smiled a little, the new cloak he had brought in one of the Minas Tirith stores seemed well adapt to the rain. The water bounced off in a strange fashion. But still it could not stand the storm, and gradually water seeped through and he became wet.
He thought back through all his adventures and was amazed at how much he had done. And he then began to think how much he had grown and matured, into a young man. When he had started his travels he had been little more that an small boy, a child amongst the others.

He came back to the world with a sigh. And a shiver swept through his body as a great belt of lightning lit up the distant horizon. But they must brave the storm toget where they wanted in good time. He decided that he would ride up next to Eben and he nudged his horse forward towards the front of the group. When he came up to Ebens side he noticed how mature the man was, as his eyes scanned the ground and area.
"Eben, will you train me to be a ranger" Ciron blurted out his thought, and then cursed himself silently, knowing that he was not exactly ranger material. But deep inside he eagerly awaited Ebens answer.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 06:38
Eben frowned at the sight of lightening, despite the breed it always seem to make a horse more jumpy. They had gone a quiet pace, no real hurry as of yet. Eben had discarded the hood of his cloak the moment it became soaked, they always seemed useless. Because of that, his hair clung to his face, wet and string...rather unkempt. They could not rest or find a decent camp for the night until the rain let up and he knew by the quick wind it would not be much long, but a quickening of the pace could help.

As they rode he noticed the young man, Ciron had caught up alongside him. Diore and the others remained behind, easing their horses through the now slippery mud.

"Eben, will you train me to be a ranger?" Ciron blurted out. Eben was caught off guard and turned to the young man with a frown. He stopped himself and decided to go about this wisely.

"How old are you, Ciron?"
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 10:32
Geongan's horse sidestepped when thunder began to rumble.
"Calm down friend, it's just a storm." Geongan whispered, but the horse was still afraid.

Geongan watched as Ciron rode up to Eben, she overheard the conversation since she wasn't far behind them and she smiled. Ciron would make a great ranger, she thought.

Then Geongan looked over at Feorran. "How are you fairing friend? It seems like we have not spoken for a while. I fear that weariness is overcoming me. All these wonderful adventures, but I must say, I will be happy when we can return home, whenever that will." Geongan whispered the last part of her sentence sadly. She missed Rohan.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 11:25
Díore turned her face to the thundering sky and saw lightning streaking across the horizon. Durithil remained unusually calm. For a prey animal, he was rather unskittish and was not bothered by much. Díore kept tight hold of the reins however, and let her horse maintain his footing. The rain was falling harder with each minute, and it almost was as if the heavens themselves were crying.

"Eben," Díore cried over the sound of the rain, "do you think we will make it to Henneth Annun tonight? I mind not the rain, but it is not wise for us to be out in the open, not that a forest is any better."

---------------------------------------------

The spies kept up their relentless pursuit of their quarry. For the most part, they remained silent, each clinging to their horses, all wanting to get into shelter and abandon the entire thing. But they knew that Rinfelir would be harsh towards them if they did not do as he asked.

"Would it be wise for us to capture her now whilst the storm is going on?" one of the spies asked their leader. "Our horses are sturdy enough to carry her."

"No, I am not going to give up the element of secrecy. We wait," the leader said, though in his heart he wished they could do just that.
<< First89101112
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email