Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First89101112
Author Topic:
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hope of a Shieldmaiden (keep)
on: December 18, 2006 10:29
"Thank you, Geongan," Feorran said, looking wistfully up at the sky. "What I would give to be riding on the plains of Rohan just now, I do not know," she said under her breath.

"Geongan, honestly, how long will it be before we get out of this place?" she asked, looking at her friend with dismay in her eyes.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2006 12:21
Geongan looked at her friend with sad eyes. "I do not think we shall leave until the spring, my friend." Geongan said.
She saw the sadness on Feorran's face and wished there was a way to go home sooner, but she knew there was not.
"Spring will come sooner than you think." Geongan said, her voice was comforting. "I will be in the stable if you need me Feorran." Geongan said, she wanted to go inside and think for a while.
She patted Darkfire. "I wish i could go home too, but I guess we will have to wait." Geongan said. "I fear something will happen when we return." Geongan said, she remembered the prohecy. "But I will not let it come true, dear Feorran needs me as a friend, and I will not leave her." Geongan said firmly. She smiled. "I know it will not come true." Geongan said, she stroked Darkfire's back. Geongan's determination would not give in.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 19, 2006 07:52
Díore left Feorran and Geongan to go where they would, and the maiden remained in the castle. She hadn’t said a word when Eben left, for she knew that the Ranger had his reasons. Her footsteps carried her to her room overlooking the city. It wouldn't be morning for a while yet, and so Díore paced the length and breadth of her room. Sleep eluded her; such was the excitement of the night. Her thoughts turned to her parents. How were they faring? Would Rinfelir ever release them? Díore shuddered at the thought of being in the dank cells below Melduseld. There was nothing to do for the time being until she could see Aragorn, and Díore knew the guards would let them into his presence chamber this late at night.

-------------------------------------------

The rider looked up at the ebony sky and the silver crescent that was the moon and sighed with relief. There didn't seem to be anyone following him. His horse was exhausted, its whole body drenched in sweat. Horse and rider were taking a breather near Amon Hen, about three miles away from the hill.

A sudden noise caused his grazing horse to raise its head and whinny anxiously. The man wearily stood up, mounted his horse, and urged the tired beast into a slow plodding trot. The bay lifted its hooves unwillingly, but the spy of Rinfelir wasn't taking chances. The sooner he returned to Edoras, the better.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2006 07:06
He dismounted as the last fork of the city pathway came up ahead. It would take a closer look in order for him to figure out which way they went, both ways led out.

He kept a hold of Wyn's reign as he knelt down and frowned slightly to see the mud mixed amongst the cobble stone. He knew which way they went, that wasn't hard, but two lumps in the road, maybe him continue to walk further and notice they were shoes, one was in the midst of the fork and they other was a ways down to the right way. He picked up the boot and examined it briefly, before attaching it to his saddle and collecting the other. Making sure they were secure he mounted and clicked Wyn in the right direction.

"Faster, Wyn." he said simply with a sharp whisper. She studdered her steps before nodding her head and continuing, her pace significantly picking up, he needed to try and get ahead of them before they reached the gate.

He neared the gate an saw that it was shut for the night, as usual. How would they get out? He quickly led Wyn into the shadows and dismounted as he heard their approach. He watched as the rider stopped and spoke with the guards, nods were exchanged and the wagon was allowed to exit. Eben frowned...he knew if he had mentioned to the guards, chaos would have ensued and the victim quickly eliminated. The situation frustrated him, however it did not take him long to allow them to exit and then later approach the guards himself in order to leave.

"So, much coming and going these nights..." the guard muttered as he opened a smaller entry for Eben to ride through, as soon as he was out he could see the wagon in the distance, going full-speed. He cursed under his breath and kicked Wyn's sides relentlessly. She wasted no time and was in hot pursuit. He could not let the carriage leave his sights...they would stop soon, then he would strike.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2006 11:31
Ciron heard the clang of the great gate open and then shut and he felt the watchfull quietness of the pellenor fields through the rugs.

He shouted in disgust theat the guards hadnt checked the wagon but no sound came because it was soaked into the rak that was in his mouth. He waited for the wagon to stop and hopefully he could sieze a chance to escape.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: December 21, 2006 10:24
Eorla, having heard that Ciron was kidnapped, followed Eben's advice and stayed around the inn. A feeling of helplessness washed over her as she stared up into the velvet sky filled with silver. How was it that so much despair and followed her path? Ever since she had decided to stay with the band of companions she had seen more action and intrigue than she had known existed. A sob threatened to well up in her throat, but she suppressed it with a great effort. The last thing she needed was to break down with hopeless despair.

After gaining control of her emotions, Eorla decided to wander into the stables. Perhaps she would find solace, if not rest, within its dark comfort. She stepped into the shadowy interior and made her way to Rogue's stall. The mare was dozing, but snapped awake as Eorla leaned against the stall partition. With a sleepy whicker Rogue stepped to Eorla's side as she let herself in the stall. After giving her mare a stroke Eorla slumped into a corner and let her mind wander. In time her head nodded, and she slept.

[Edited on 21/12/2006 by Shadowfax_Pip]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2006 10:33
Geongan walked around outside, she kept an eye on Feorran. She was tired, but could not sleep, she wondered when they would recieve news of Ciron.
"I had best not worry, I am sure Eben has things under control." Geongan convinced herself. Then Geongan looked over where she had seen Feorran standing last, but she was not there. Geongan looked around, but she was no where in her sight.
"Feorran!" Geongan called, she tried not to be too loud, she knew some people were sleeping. Geongan slipped around in the darkness. "Where did she go to?" Geongan asked herself. "Feorran!" Geongan called, she was getting nervous and irritated.

After searching around for a while Geongan fell to her knees. "Oh Valar, please protect dear Feorran." Geongan prayed, she was getting nervous that maybe a spy had stayed behind and caught Feorran as well.
Geongan stood back up and walked around, calling her name.
Then she saw a figure standing alone. "Feorran?" Geongan whispered. She put her hand on the hilt of her sword, just incase she was wrong.

(Hope this is okay with you Bow and Arrow. If not I can change it)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2006 10:49
((OOC - It's fine))

Feorran drew her sword with a metallic scrape, and then realised it was Geongan. She sheathed her sword, and went to her, half - smiling, but her eyes bore a haunted look.

"Geongan, I am probably being irrational, but I need to get out of here," Feorran said, a cold sweat on her forehead. "Everything looks the same, and it's all stone, so unyielding," Feorran trailed off, colour coming to her cheeks. "And I don't feel at all well..." She leaned against the wall with her head in her hands.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2006 10:59
Geongan put her arm around her friend. "We cannot leave Feorran, the spies might catch us." Geongan said, Geongan wanted to go home too, but this was a waiting game.
Geongan knew Feorran would probably disappear in the night if she didn't keep an eye on her.
"Come on, lets go back and rest." Geongan said, she could not think of anything else to comfort her friend. Feorran wouldn't leave. "I wish there was somethign I could do. What do you want to do?" Geongan asked, she knew it was a stupid question, but she asked anyway.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2006 09:22
"I just want to go and sleep," Feorran said, rubbing her temples. "I have such a headache, I haven't been sick for so long - it must have caught up with me." She went with Geongan back to where she had been sleeping, and for a while she lay awake, restless and hot, before she fell asleep and was plagued by the same nightmare she had been having most nights.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2006 11:31
Geongan helped her friend back to the inn.
Geongan satyed up most of the night, wondering how Ciron was, and if Eben would reach him in time.
"I should probably rest if I want to be awake tomorrow." Geongan said.
She laid down and soon fell asleep. A nightmare followed.
A giant shadow stood before her. Geongan had her sword unsheathed, ready to fight. But then the shadow opened his left hand and revealed her friends. Geongan tried to fight the shadow so she could save her friends, but with a scream they were all swallowed up in the shadow.The shadow then spoek to her. "You lost your chance to save your friends, now you shall die with this guilt in your heart, you were never strong enough to save them."
Then Geongan woke. She looked at her friends, they were still sleeping. Geongan swung her legs over the bed and sat there for a minute. Then she stood and walked out of the room.
Geongan walked outside, she knew it was probably just a nightmare, but it seemed to mean more than that. "What did it mean by I was never strong enough to save them?" Geongan wondered. "I've kept good care of my friends. I love them all dearly, why would I not be able to save them?" Geongan wondered aloud.
She walked up and down the street, she wondered if she just had this nigthmare because Ciron was taken away and she felt guilty about not being able to help. "No, all my friends were involved in this dream." Geongan said. Then she shook her head. "It was only a dream, maybe its just my fears haunting me. Losing my friends is the only real fear I have." Geongan said. Then she decided to forget all about it, it was just a dream. "If it is something of importance I'm sure I'll dream of it again." Geongan said, then she began to walk back to the inn. Geongan rarely had nightmares, thats why she was so disturbed by this dream.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2006 09:59
Feorran woke up, and was immediately alert when she saw that Geongan was not in her bed. She got up, still dressed in her clothes from yesterday, and went out of the room, her deerskin boots making next to no sound on the hard floor. She got outside, and saw Geongan coming down the road to the inn. She visibly relaxed in relief, and walked up to Geongan. "My friend, I thought that I would be the one to come outside in the middle of the night. What happened?" Feorran asked, trying to ignore the pain in her temples, the remains of a headache.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2006 10:49
"It was just a dream my friend." Geongan said, she smiled, but it was not like her real smiles, she looked sad.
She could see that Feorran wanted to know what really was bothering her, and what the dream was about.
Geongan sighed. "I had a dream about losing all my friends. You, Diore, Eorla and Ciron." Geongan said sadly. "I guess I just had to think about what it meant, I never have nigthmares, or at least its very rare. I've come to think that it's just my own fear getting the best of me." Geongan said, she tried to smile, but she was just too sad, and even a little scared.
She saw her friend's concern for her. "Please do not worry. I think we should both go back to bed, it was only a dream." Geongan said, she put her hand on Feorran's shoulder.
They both walked back to the inn. Geongan laid awake for sometime, but eventually she did go to sleep, and the nightmare did not plague her the rest of that night.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2006 09:37
Geongan had told her not to worry, but Feorran's face was set in a thoughtful frown for the rest of that night. She could not sleep, in her previous settlement they had put a high value on dreams. But she could not think of what it meant, they had no meaning for the losing of friends, as they had no meaning for family and home burning down, as she had been dreaming at least every other night.

She lay awake, thinking, and soon the first lights of dawn filtered into the room. Feorran got up and pulled the blankets straight again. Spring was coming so slowly...
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2006 07:40
Eben sat in the darkness as he watched them unload the wagon. Wyn stayed by a tree, where she was told and knew not to make a sound. He watched closely as they made camp and began a fire. They must be pretty confident in their abillities to be so open with their whereabouts.

Eben eyed the wagon, they never removed the victim...he was sure later they would give him something to eat, Eben would wait for that to be done with.

As he waited he listened to their conversations, nothing of importance, these men obviously had a small part in this web of Rohan. It was a long time before they got settled and one fell asleep and the other took watch. He sat on a fallen log not too far from the fire picking at the bark with his knife.

Eben though quickly of how he was going to accomplish this...he wanted no killing for he knew these men were probably simply following orders. With quick feet and a precise balance Eben snuck closer to the man sitting upon the log. He knew he had to be quick for he would be in the light momentarily. So with swift movement he grabbed the man from behind coverd his mouth and braced himself for much struggling. Surprisingly the man did not struggle to much so Eben whispered in his ear, "Sorry, my friend." and slammed the mans head into the log he sat upon. He made sure the hit was enough to knock the man out, but also enough for an okay recovery. He laid the man down so, his body would not fall and make anymore noise, to wake the other who still slept by the fire.

The wagon was close, but Eben knew he could easily get the victim without making too much noise and leave without the other waking up.

He came into the wagon from the front, he eyed his footsteps on the boards to make sure he did not step on an old one for it would make too loud of a creak. He saw the boy, just as he saw him. He quickly made motion for him to be silent and began undoing his bonds.

Without a word he grabbed the boy by his arm and led him out towards his horse. When they achieved some distance between the camp he whispered with a rasp, "Be quick, the other's watch will soon be over."
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: December 26, 2006 08:29
After a deep and dreamless sleep Eorla woke. Light came from a 'false dawn', which was the grey lightening just before sunrise. She stood slowly, brushing wisps of straw from her pants. After rubbing the circulation back into her legs she walked over to Rogue and stroked the mare's neck. She did not feel like heading indoors yet, so she chose to give Rogue a well-deserved grooming. The mare was already in good shape as far as her coat went, but Eorla figured it never hurt to brush her. She selected a bristled brush from the box outside the stall and began drawing it over the mare with long, slow sweeps, relaxing Rogue as well as herself. Eorla ended with picking out the mare's feet, but remained in the stall. She would go find her friends later, not wanting to risk waking them up.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2006 08:52
Geongan rose early that morning. She really couldn't sleep when she knew one of her friends could be in great trouble.
Geongan noticed that Eorla wasn't up here and so she decided to go down and see if she was in the stables.

"Eorla?" Geongan called into the stables. She saw Eorla brushing her horse. Geongan walked over and rubbed Rogue's nose. "Are you alright?" Geongan asked, she knew Eorla probably just wanted to be alone.

"I had better go back, just so everyone doesn't start thinking I've been kidnapped." Geongan said, she smiled.
She walked to the door and stopped and looked back at Eorla. "If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here for you." Geongan said, she knew that right now was a time of trial, it wasn't good to hold things in.
Then she turned back and walked out the stable doors.

Geongan walked around for a while. She walked over to the wall and looked over at the plains. A fair breeze blew that day. Geongan looked out across the plains toward Rohan, she could not see it but she knew it was there. "We will free you soon Rohan." Geongan whispered. She sighed sadly.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 26, 2006 12:54
Just a note for everyone...I will not be able to post until the new year due to lack of access to a comp (unless I can later this week). If possible, please do not get too much more further so I can play catch up eventually. Sorry about the inconvinence!
~Din~
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2006 10:58
Ciron and Eben were racing across the fields below minas tirith with great speed. Their cloaks flapped behind them as Wyn ran as fast as she could to the greast city.

Soon the postern gate was opened for the travellers and they came back to the relative safety of the stone walls of Minas Tirith once more.

They dismounted in the square behind the gate and Ciron decided to talk to his rescuer"Thankyou"he said shyly."Your the man from the inn arent you?. But why did you rescue me?"

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2006 04:19
As Geongan stood by the wall she saw two figures racing to Minas Tirth. "Ciron!" Geongan shouted. She raced down to meet them.

"Ciron!" Geongan shouted, she didn't notice that the two seemed to be talking. Geongan threw her arms around him, tears of joy rolled down her cheeks.
Then she pulled him away from her and looked over him for any injuries. "I'm so glad you are alright." Geongan said, her voice was filled with happiness, she felt as if her Ciron was her brother and was so glad to have him back.
"Come, you must show the others that you are alright." Geongan said, then she realized she had said nothing to Eben was was just leaving him there. "I sorry Eben, I have been very rude. Please come with us, you have done us all a great deed." Geongan said, she let Ciron mount his steed again, Geongan walked beside him, since they were both having their horses walk.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2006 06:01
Feorran smiled at Ciron, but her eyes were somewhat preoccupied with thought. She could not help but think that if she had not gone after Ciron, that may have been her galloping across the fields, a temporary relief from the stone walls, a brief moment of freedom. The smile died on her lips as the sharp pang came again to her, of how much she missed just being free and alone, not caught up in a war, just riding and hunting for herself, with no one to look out for. Feorran realised that she would miss Geongan and maybe Ciron if she left, but she had lost more than friends and she had healed well enough from that.

Feorran led Hafoc away from the scene, and she stood looking out away from the city, the wind whipping her hair across her face. She gripped the wall until her knuckles were white, her expression infathomable, and then turned around and stroked Hafoc's velvety muzzle. "Soon we will be out of here, I promise you," she said softly, the tears coursing down her cheeks.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2006 08:15
Eben was glad that he was able to return their friend back safely. Geongan seemed overjoyed, he watched her as she walked with Ciron ahead of him. He went ahead and lead poor Wyn back to the stable.

The stable was lit by the light, and dust particles floated through the air in the few rays of sunlight escaping throw the small breaks in the wall. Wyn nicker with approval glad to be able to rest, as he led her to a stall and proceed to relieve her of her burdens.
"You did well, my dear, if ever I was to find a wife she would be just like you, brave, fast, and stunning." he laughed. She simply shook the flies from her neck and stomped one hoof. He refilled her hay stall, knowing the stable boys would not make another stop for the horses feeding till noon.

Seeing that she was settled and resting he gave her a quick kiss on her forehead whispering other words of approval at her performance the night before. She nodded in response and he smiled.

The lack of sleep hit Eben like a brick wall. The sunlight made him wince as he stepped out. "Either I'm going blind or the sun is getting brighter." he said to himself in a mumble as he walked towards the inn.

His thoughts raced to the previous events of the night before. The boy...Ciron they called him. There was a certain air about him that really caught Eben's attention. It was almost as if the boy seemed familiar in a way. He was young...an obviously not prepared for a battle. Eben made a note to check up on him later first, he must go to the Captain. This must be reported.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2006 11:42
They had all moved to another, less popular inn and they were sitting in the drinking area, with only a few other guests around.

Ciron had recovered from the kidnapping and had heard everyones stories of what had happened whilst he had been practicing his fighting in the courtyard. It cam as a shock to him that there had been other men trying to kill people and that the raid must have been planned.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: December 30, 2006 10:15
Eorla heard some commotion in the courtyard after Geongan deperted and left the stables to see what was going on. She blinked at the bright sunshine and shaded her eyes to look at her companions. She counted four...and Ciron. She ran forward to the young man and embraced him estatically. "Ciron! You're safe!" She released Ciron and glanced at him. "No worse for wear, I see." She ruffled his hair affectionately and followed as they made their way towards another inn. Her relief and excitement for Ciron's well-being erased all consternation within her, and she grinned inwardly. Ciron had spunk, that was for sure. She settled with the others and listened as they each told their own stories of the last evening's happenings.

It suddenly occured to her that Ciron's rescuer, the tall Ranger, had not followed them. With a frown she tapped Ciron's shoulder. "What was his name, the man who rescued you?" she asked.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2006 10:07
Feorran wiped the tears from her cheeks and led Hafoc back to the stables, where she brushed him down. She then went straight back to the inn where they had been sleeping, and lay awake thinking. She was glad that Ciron was safe, but they would be in some crowded inn, where everyone else would be drunk, most likely. Of course, she did not know for sure, but she lay thinking, not knowing how much time had passed, and not caring.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 31, 2006 04:25
Díore went through the entire night without sleep. Dawn broke quietly, and the maid paced her chamber still. She wasn't that tired, just worried. She didn't know where everyone got to, but she hoped Ciron was alright. Soon enough, she became restless and decided to go to the stables to go out on a brisk morning ride.

Díore entered the stables and soon heard voices in the nearby courtyard. Curious, she ventured outside and saw her companions surrounding a figure that looked to be Ciron. "You are back!" she exclaimed, hurrying towards the group with a bright grin on her face. "I know the one who came after you, but I see that he is not with us. His name is Eben." The need to go out swept over her like a wave. She bit her lip. "I apologize, but I need to be going out for a bit. If you'll excuse me."

Quickly, Díore left the courtyard and reentered the stable. She went to Durithil's stall and tacked him up. She led the ebony stallion out of the stable and mounted him. Off the horse trotted towards the gates of the city, his clattering hooves causing many villagers on foot to move out his way.

--------------------------------------

The messenger made it to Edoras just as the sun peeked over the horizon. His mount was taken away to be cared for as soon as the man leapt off his back. Soon enough he was in conference with Rinfelir, revealing everything that had taken place during his time in Minas Tirith.

(Hope this is ok for the time being...it leaves my character pretty open for now.)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2006 04:34
Geongan watched as Diore left. She wondered if she should go after Diore, it was dangerous to be alone.
Geongan stayed put. She wandered around the inn for a while, then she went out and looked over the wall.
She saw a great hawk flying in the sky. It flew down and landed on the wall, next to her.
"Hello there friend." Geongan said, she smiled. "I certainly wish I had wings like you, so that I could fly away." Geongan said.
Then she looked over at the bird. It still sat there as if it wanted to speak to her. "Do you have news friend?" Geongan asked, she didn't know the language of animals very well, only horses.
"I am sorry but I cannot speak to you. Why don't you just go and fly away from this city, be free little friend." Geongan said. The hawk took off and flew away.
Geongan watched and smiled.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 08:19
"Spies, traitors, rogues... I've heard enough already and you come to me not with a simple report but with more news of Rohan." Irritation could be heard in the Captain's voice. He wasn't angry...just frustrated. Eben lowered his gaze as Faramir directed his eyes towards him.

"And...seemingly, Eben, you always seem to get in the midst of things." he said with a smile as he tapped his mouth with a gloved finger. His jaw shifted as he thought. Eben smiled at this remark, realizing the truth of it.

"Where there is wrong, I must set right." he answered simply looking his Captain in the eye. Faramir nodded to him and turned an began his pacing once more.

"The King has sent out messengers, troops are coming from the coast and the North. It will still be some time before anything could really be done." Faramir continued the debate.

Eben cut in. "Sir, send out the Rangers... people are in danger, now. They are prisoners in their own city. Once this Rinfelir finds out we are breathing down his neck, there is no guessing as to what he will do next. We are not fighting another King, who has honor, this man is devious and will refuse to go down so easily. He will aim with cheap shots, women and children are in danger..." he was stern with his words and went on more then he had intended. Faramir had stopped his pacing with his back turn to him.

There was silence as the previous words were being swallowed. "I know the dangers of this man, Eben, but it would be foolish to send men now... He will expect it and you will be over taken, no matter your skill. We do not know how many men Rinfelir has. It would be folly. We must wait till we can send an army...full force. Be relentless. That is the only way to win this."

Eben frowned. He thought of Diore's parents...her worried gaze the night before. However, he heard the wisdom of Faramir and backed down. He was right....no matter how right Eben was, because this man would be sneaky with his ways, they would have to hit with full force. Sending the Rangers in would only give fuel to Rinfelir's maddness.

"I will tell the King, all of what you have reported to me. He will heighten the guard of the city. No one will come or leave without full assurance they can be trusted. You must ride back with Leon and rally the Rangers. They will be with us at war. The King's plan is to send the Ranger's in first, before the actual army. He wants to strike at night..." Eben frowned.

"Captain, Leon will slow me down... Let him stay here, I will ride alone. I could get their quicker and the Ranger's will arrive sooner." Faramir shook his head. "You cannot ride alone, Eben, with talk of spies, the road's are watched...it is too dangerous, you will have to be accompanied. Eben gazed to the stone patterns on the floor. He thought of the boy he saved the night before, his companions, Diore and Geongan. He remembered how restless they were...their precious home was endangered as they waited in the safe confines of this wall.

"Those of Rohan can ride with me." he said straightening up looking to his captain with assurity. Faramir stopped an smiled. "Your own ranger will slow you down...yet a troupe from Rohan will not. I beg to differ..."

"Sir, while Rohan is overtaken, they must hide here until it is safe. Would you take kindly to remain hidden while your home...your family was prisoner? Let them ride with me, let them put their minds at ease."

"No, Eben...they are targets, Rinfelir would want nothing then to have Diore by his side. If she is traveling to Henneth, she would only be an easier target. If they went with you and you were ambushed, you would not be able to live with yourself. They are here for a reason." Eben stopped...his stand up was foolish, yet it nagged his mind.

"Captain, they know she is here. The way to Henneth is secret, Henneth alone is unknown to most. She would be more safe with the Rangers, more than she is here. Her life was at risk, last night. Spies will now have returned to Rinfelir with this knowledge. Send her with me and she will remain safe. They will continue looking to Minas Tirith, while she escapes with me and her companions." Faramir eyed Eben with scrutiny. He folded his arms and put his hand upon his chin. Eben waited in silence an then did something he hoped he would not regret.

"I swear to you, Captain, Diore will remain unharmed an safe. I will let nothing happen to her." he said sternly, looking Faramir in the eye. The Captain nodded, "How many will be riding with you?"

Eben breathed out, "If all agreed...five." Faramir was silent once more. "I will question the King... I believe he will see the wisdom in this, you will have an answer by this evening. Return to me, when the sun begins to lower."

Eben saluted his Captain and turned, sharply leaving. As he approached the door, he picked up pace and a smile snuck upon his face.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He walked down the streets to Minas Tirith to return to the inn an inform all that had transpired and what the young Ranger will be expected to do. Pack his things an move to the barrecks...he would be in Minas Tirith for awhile.

As he walked, just about to arrive to the inn, he saw Diore upon her horse, who was clearing the path. He walked closer to her, forcing her horse to cease his trot and stopped.

"My lady, where are you going? Do not leave this city alone...it is too dangerous." With the excitement of the night before, it was unsafe for Diore to leave on her own.

((alright folks, hope this works an is alright. If not, you know the drill))
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 04:55
(thats great Iri!)

Geongan saw Eben and Diore walk over to her.
She could see that Eben had something to say. "You have news Eben?" Geongan asked.
A smile lit her face when she heard what was going to happen. "How wonderful! I am glad to be leaving this place." Geongan said, then she turned back to him. "Let me tell Feorran, I know where she is." Geongan said, then she took off to get Feorran.
She found Feorran with her horse. "Feorran! I have wonderful news!" Geongan shouted as she ran over. She took Feorran's hands and looked her in the eye. "We're going to Henneth Feorran." Geongan said. "We're going to leave this place, and be yet a little closer to returning home!" Geongan said, she embraced Feorran and tears welled in her eyes, she was happy to be going on another adventure.

Once she came out of the embrace Geongan wiped the tears from her face. "Eben said that we are to follow him to Henneth, he thinks we will be safer there. I'm sure he can explain it better than me, so let us go and see him." Geongan said, she smiled brightly.

[Edited on 4/1/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 09:18
Feorran saw Geongan running towards her and thought that yet another thing had gone wrong, but then she saw the smile on her friends face. After Geongan had spoken, a light returned to her eyes, one that had been dimmed by enclosure, and she smiled, speechless, the tears welling up in her eyes also.

"Eben would be that ranger, the one whom Diore seems to know?" she asked, and at the affirmative she followed Geongan, the smile still on her face.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 03, 2007 08:07
Díore dismounted Durithil and looked Eben in the eye. "Please do not 'lady' me, Eben, for I am not a noble." She saw some light in his eye. "I need to be away from here for a spell. But you are right," she relented. "It is dangerous for anyone to be out alone. But come, why are you out here?" Then a thought struck her. "Did you speak to Lord Faramir?"

Durithil whinnied and fought Díore's restraining hand. She rubbed his mane distractedly and calmed him. "Easy, there is nothing for you to fear. I am here with you," she whispered to him consolingly. "Soon enough we will be at home, with Eomer back on the throne. And then, we can ride the fields like we used to. Or maybe travel around and see other places. What do you think of that?" The stallion whickered and nudged his mistress' hair affectionately.

----------------------------------

"We will wait to see what the king of Gondor does before we go after her," Rinfelir said to his spy as they counseled in his throne room. "We will see what these little men have up their sleeves."
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2007 05:19
((Just a quick reminder; Eben would not be taking them to Rohan...but to where the Ranger's are. Simply his goal is to get them out of Minas Tirith and to keep Diore safe. And he hasn't gotten an affirmed answer yet either, so he doesn't even know if they are going or not, he has to wait till Faramir meets with the King. So if you guys still like the idea...edit your post))

He smiled as he listened to Diore consol Durithil. "Come...my--, excuse me...Diore. I would like to speak with you. Would you like to go for a ride outside the city or settle over a drink?"

He still had to meet with Faramir to get the full decision...knowing the King's decision is what truly mattered. However, he wanted to mention it to Diore...to get her thoughts on it. Would she really want to do it?

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 08:04
Díore cocked her head and glanced at Eben. "A ride is probably more private than a tavern. One doesn't know the ears that can overhear an important conversation. But the choice is up to you." She mounted Durithil and looked around. Little did she know how ironic her statement was; someone had overheard a conversation and at this moment, he was plotting with Rinfelir as to how to overcome Minas Tirith.

--------------------------------------------------

"Do you wish me to go back, m'lord?" the spy asked, bowing before the lord.

Rinfelir considered him. "I would, but I will not take the chance of someone recognizing you. If they were halfway intelligent, they would have realized there were spies among them. We will wait for a bit, and then perhaps I will send you back."

Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 08:16
Eben nodded, "Then I shall go ready Wyn and will meet you at the gate." After she affirmed his suggestion, Eben headed towards the stable where Wyn was lazily laying in the hay...not really up for another ride.

When she saw Eben she jumped up and walked to her stall door, he greeted her with a rub on the nose. "One more ride today, Wyn...then I will leave you alone...I promise." she began to prance in place. Obviously frustrated.

It did not take him long to have her saddled and ready...packing enough food for Diore and himself if they spent longer than expected out on the ride.

Thus, he headed towards the gate, where he saw Diore mounted and ready. He quickly signaled the guards to open the gate and they began their ride.

((ooh..this was a bad post lol))
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 08, 2007 08:05
(Better than nothing! lol)

Durithil eased into a slow canter as his hooves clattered on the cobblestones leading out of the city. Eben rode beside her on his Wyn. She admired his riding skills, but she kept the emotion from her face. The warriormaid did not know him that well to let him in. "And what is it that you wish to speak to me about?" Díore asked, one hand on the reins and the other resting on her sword hilt. It was comforting to feel the weapon at her side.

She didn't know what to expect from Eben; he seemed decent, but at the same time, he was mysterious to her. Well, that could be explained from the fact that he was a Ranger, she thought smugly, tightening her grip on the reins as Durithil checked his pace. What was going on that she knew so little about?
<< First89101112
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email