Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hope of a Shieldmaiden (keep)
on: October 04, 2006 09:21
Before replying, Feorran asked a question of her own. "Who is your father?" she asked.

"Hasufen," Diore replied.

"As I feared. I think your father has had dealings with these men before," Feorran answered, refusing to say any more. She pulled in Hafoc and returned to her place next to Geongan, her face grim.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 04, 2006 10:01
Eorla had leaped onto Rogue once Feorran was free and followed the others into a furious gallop. Once they were sufficiently away from any immediate threat, she listened closely to her companion's talk.

The news she heard astonished her, as nothing had ever been hinted at this dark plot before. The mere knowledge that something had been going on without her realizing it made her feel uninformed, but she didn't show any emotion for the moment.

A thought ran across her mind: where was Rittio? She hadn't seen him since he had mysteriously disappeared earlier. Eorla frowned slightly, puzzling over this new change of events, when the ground began sloping down from the mountain valley. They were beginning to work their way out of the mountains, but she did not recognize any of the territory. Perhaps her companions knew.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2006 10:31
(Sorry that i have not posted, but you guys have all gone mad with the posting at such a fast rate, i havent posted for 2 days and there is sooooo much)

Thoughts raced through Cirons mind about what the others were talking about, he seemed to have heard some of this before but when he had heard it he had dismissed it because he didnt care about the affairs of kings and high rank people.
"I know something that may be usefull" he said allowed.
When the others quickly looked at him he carrried on...
"I know that it is this year when they plan to strike edoras and sieze the hall, but im afraid i dont know exactly when. I have followed these men before, tell me what does Hasufen look like, ill try and see if i can remember him from anywhere"
They all looked shocked at this news .
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 04, 2006 10:42
Eorla gaped at Ciron's information, thoughts whirling in her head. How was it that so many people knew such important goingson, but she didn't? Her consterantion caused Rogue to become nervouse, side-stepping and blowing. Glad for the interruption, Eorla concentrated on quieting her mare down.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2006 01:15
Geongan was quite afraid, but she didn't show it. "I feared it was close to the day they would attack." Geongan said. Then she leaned closer to Feorran. "I fear that the battle may take my life...I think thats when the prophecy will come true." Geongan whispered. "But don't be afraid, maybe there is a slight chance that it won't happen." Geongan said, she always tried to liven things up. "Maybe...why did you tell her that fool! You know its going to come true! Why don't you just face it!" Geongan thought, she knew her thought were true.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2006 05:38
"We have but three choises now that we can make", said Ciron.
"We can desert our friends and leave them to find out when they may about all this, and then it might be too late. We can go back to Edoras and tell the king of all we know, or we can work together, each of us with our different skills, and hunt down these people, destroying their plans.I will take the third route now, and follow me or not, do as you want".
Ciron himself was impressed by this little speech he had made, and he felt more grown up by each word he said.
"But one of you must come with me, for i dont have a horse of my own", he added with a slight smile.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2006 06:26
"I'll come with you, Ciron, if Geongan comes too," Feorran said. Then she pulled back to Geongan and whispered, "The prophecy won't come true, not if I'm there to kill anyone who tries to kill you!" she said reassuringly, though inside her thoughts were in turmoil.

"So Geongan, will you come with Ciron and I? Please do!" she said, smiling broadly.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 05, 2006 07:29
Díore looked around at the others. “I must warn my father so he can gain audience with the king. And perhaps I can find out more about his dealings with these men,” she said, eyes lighting with a fierce blaze. “I could help you hunt them down, but we need a messenger to alert Edoras. I am the best one to go and explain things.”
Díore waited on the words of the others before she rode off.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2006 08:02
Geongan smiled. "I will go with Cirion and Feorran." Geongan said. Darkfire shifted, he hated standing still for too long. "Lets be off then." Geongan said. "Will we all be going separate ways? If thats so then I hope we meet again." Geongan said.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 05, 2006 08:27
Eorla watched the others ride away, feeling quite lonely for the first time on her trip. She was mulling over this barrage of information, and on a split decision she kicked Rogue into a gallop after Feorran, Geongan, and Ciron. She was as good a fighter as any of them, perhaps even a little better, and felt this was the best route.

The smaller band rode on for perhaps an hour, maybe more, at a swift lope to conserve the horses' energy. Eorla, just wanting to go with the flow, decided to wait until the more competant others chose to stop. She didn't have to wait long.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2006 11:14
For a while they rode and then one of them suddenly asked,"but where are we going exactly", and they all looked at one another.
"When i last followed these men, who i can tell are part of the same group by the clothes they wear, they went deep into the mountains. Not by this route, but i think i know where im going", Ciron answered.
And so they rode south, into the Ered Nimrais, and the mountains grew ever more steep and towering over them.
They soon came across a small stream that Ciron recognised, and they followed it, ocassionaly coming across a site where there had clearly been some action before. But there were no people around, save them.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2006 11:27
Geonga's eyes scanned the land. For some reason this place made her uneasy, like the men were watching them. She hoped they wouldn't stop, she wasn't sure how hostile these lands were. "Are we near they're incampement?" Geongan asked, she tried not to let her fear show.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2006 05:36
Feorran was uneasy, her eyes darted around taking everything in, and one hand was glued to the hilt of her sword. She had to use the other to guide Hafoc, because he was unnaturally nervous, side-stepping and tossing his head.

Then she voiced what everyone else was thinking. "I hate it here. It's like there are eyes watching you all the time. Can we speed up again so we can cover some ground and get out of here?" she asked.

Everyone approved, so they sped up to a steady canter. Feorran's hand never left the hilt of her sword.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 06, 2006 05:50
Díore sighed as she watched her companions depart, and she turned Durithil east (as they had been in the Ered Nimrais). She kneed the stallion into a gallop and rode towards the darkening horizon, her thoughts on many different things. Upon later thought, Díore realized she didn't find everything out from Feorran as she had wanted to, but that would have to wait until later.

(Sorry this is short! Not much time today!)
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2006 08:26
Hey guys, read my post on the occ, i thionk its a good idea

Ciron glanced at the falling sun. Day was so short now that they were in the mountains.
"We cant afford to be caught" he said,"so i think 2 people should be on watch at a time, ill stay up first with someone else, and then well swap when the moon is right above us"

A chill wind then ran through the valley they were in, and it sent chill down everyones spines. A faint howling could be heard, but Ciron dismissed it as mere daydreaming, even though he knew too well that there might be some foul creatures lurking about the mountains.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2006 10:16
Geongan offered to stand guard with Cirion.
That night it was quiet, too quiet. "Cirion, do you feel that we are being watched?" Geongan asked. Suddenly she heard a sound and jumped to her feet, her sword was already unsheathed. Then a bird flew out of the bushes. Geongan sighed and lowered her sword, she wiped sweat from her brow. She sheathed her sword. "Guess I'm a little jumpy." Geongan said, her cheeks were red, she was quite embarrassed. She sat back down. Her keen senses told her someone was there. "Cirion, I know someone is here. Maybe we should slip up and look for the person." Geongan said, she couldn't stand the feeling of being watched. Without a word she turned and walked through the forest, she knew someone was in here.

(The people in my group please look at the ooc to see my idea.)
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2006 10:56
When Ciron turned around and looked for Geongan he could not find her dark silouette in the impenetrable darkness.
"Geongan, are you there" he asked. But no answer came.
He shuffled over to Feorran and looked at her, she looked so peaceful when she was sleeping, and he couldnt help but stare at her. She awoke suddenly and he quickly looked away.
"Geongans gone off somewhere", he told her. And was startled when she seemed to get really worried, she began to quickly pack things up.
"What are you doing,"Ciron asked, "She can defend herself, we cant split up if you go".
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2006 08:43
"I - I don't know," Feorran said, "It's just I have to find her, it's because -" she broke off. It's because of the prophecy. She thought. She could die if she didn't reveal our location or numbers to them! Feorran hoisted her personal bag onto her back and swung herself up onto Hafoc's back.

"Ciron, I have to go, don't you understand?"
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2006 10:06
"No, i dont understand", and he tried with all his weak effort to pull himself onto Hafocs back, but to no avvail, as he slid off ointo the floor time and time again"Ive got to come with you, you cant leave me here, why do you want to go anyway?"he questioned angerily because of his failure to get on the horse.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2006 03:55
Geongan slipped around in the dark, when suddenly a hand came over her mouth. She quickly pulled herself away and pulled out her sword in one swift movement.But when she turned around to she her oppnent, she lowered her sword. He had a arrow pointing at her head. She dropped her sword and was taken away.
Soon she came to a large cave, many of the dark men were there. She was takent o a room in the far back of the cave, they had chains on the walls so she had no way to escape. They quickly chained Geongan to the wall. "So, why would one little girl be wandering in the forest armed?" One man wondered aloud. "I think she may be here with more friends." Another man said. "Tell us please, how many friends are with you?" The leader man said. "Why would I tell you?" Geongan said, she turned her face away from them. "Look, you don't tell me and you die." The leader said. She looked at him with a slight smile. "Then waht are you waiting for?" Geongan said. The mna looked furious, then he turned to the other. "Beat her, make her suffer. When we find her friends then we kill her, before their eyes." The leader said. Geongan figured this is what was going to happen. The mna seemed nervous about beating her, but he brought out a whip and turned her around, he whipped her. Geongan was chained back up on the walled, the whip wounds hurt, but they weren't as bad as they could have been. "I hope Feorran and Cirion and Eorla are alright." Geongan wondered.

Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2006 04:08
Eorla had by now got up and mounted her horse,
"Let me up now" iron said angrilly, to Feorran when she didnt answer.
"Please"he added, because he really didnt want to be enfriendly with her.
"Lets o and find Geongan, we cant walk off on our own here".
Feorran extemdede a strong hand and hauled Ciron onto the back of her horse",
They went through the woody landscape, occassionaly calling Geongans name, but no answer came.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 07, 2006 04:19
((thanx Irmo, I can't keep up with the furious posting ))

Eorla followed Feorran and Ciron, blasting them with questions: "Where's Geongan? How long has she been missing? Do you have any idea which direction she took?"

Ciron told her that she had taken off on a premonition, and Eorla blinked. "She took off when she KNOWS that her life is in danger and could possibly be killed?! What was she thinking? She could have woken one of us up!"

Ciron snapped impatiently, "It wasn't my fault." Eorla started, then dragged her hand thru her hair. "I know, I know," she muttered. Most of her outburst had been because she was worried for Geongan and frustrated with how the trip was going. "Sorry," she grumbled, not sounding very sincere.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2006 09:32
Feorran pointedly ignored Eorla's questions, leaving Ciron to talk as she scoured the ground for any sign of tracks, but it was dark and their flickering torches cast strange shadows on the ground.

"You had to let her go, didn't you!" she snapped. "You could have held onto the tail of her horse, if it took that, instead you just watched her go without even waking me up! Why I helped you up I don't know, a fool like you would be better off where you came from, sneaking around in the shadows!"

Feorran fell silent. "Sorry," she muttered eventually. She felt like a spring, coiled up and ready to explode at any moment. "Right, we can't track in this darkness, we're stopping until day breaks," she said.

Soon they were all seated around a fire, warming their hands, submerged in their own thoughts. Feorran bagan to whistle a tune, softly, but suddenly she gave a loud whistle, and Hafoc galloped past them from the edge of the clearing. Feorran swung onto his back and galloped off, following the tracks she had been pretending not to see. Eorla and Ciron just stared after her, shocked.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2006 01:23
Geongan thought about many ways to escape, but to no avail. There seemed to be no way out. Then the leader came in again. "Will you tell us now where your friends are?" The leader asked. "Far from here." Geongan said, she had to protect her friends. "Looks like we haven't torchered you enough." The leader said, then he pulled out a knife. Geonga's eyes opened wide with terror. Then she decided something had to be done. So she grabbed the chains and pushed off the wall, she swung forward and kicked the leader back. He dropped the knife in front of her. She stepped on the knife, but she had no way to lift it up. "you are a strong girl, but you'll learn your place." The leader said as he stood again. "Wait, if I'm going to die I want to die in a fair fight. Let me fight you." Geongan said. "What?" The leader asked. "Let me fight you, both with swords. If you win you have your trophy, but if you lose I can leave." Geongan said. "This could be interesting...yes,I'll fight you." The man said. She was unchained and brought out into the large room where all the men slept and a fire burned in the middle. The men moved back against the stone walls to watch the fight. Geongan felt like she in some sort of arena, being watch by men who wanted to watch her die. Geongan stared at her opponet with determination, she was given her sword by a young lad, then he jumped back to watch the fight. Soon the fight began, Geongan had much skill, but he was stronger than her and she had been beaten. But Geongan wasn't going to give up, if she was going to die here she wanted to be a legend. The men cheered for their leader, they chanted strange songs and sayings that she didn't understand, but she wanted to have a good fight, even if all odds were against her.
Soon sweat dripped down her forehead, how much longer could she last? The men still cheered. They seemed to have not seen a good fight in a long time. Geongan was slowly becoming weaker, but not yet would she give in.

(Maybe Feorran can come in while they are fighting. She would probably be captured by then. Geongan will somehow pull through though.)

[Edited on 7/10/2006 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2006 08:46
Feorran wiped her brow with her sleeve and jumped on Hafoc, landing on the ground with barely a sound. It had been hours since she had set off, but she was not so tired because of the night's sleep she had had when Geongan left.

Dawn was breaking, and just ahead she could see an entrance to a large cave, from which loud cheering could be heard. She crept up to the entrance, after tying Hafoc to a tree where he could not be seen. She looked in, and all Feorran could see was a group of huge men crowding in a circle around two people fighting. She strained her eyes, and then took her head back out and leaned against the wall. Geongan was fighting a giant man, and she looked like she was tiring. Feorran fitted an arrow to her bow, and hid behind a scrappy bush. She let it loose, and one man fell to the ground. She let more go as fast as she could, but soon they turned and saw her crouching outside. She shot as many as she could, but they advanced at a speed she could not shoot at.

Before they came upon her, she saw Geongan and the leader stop fighting and, relieved, she drew her sword and prepared to fight.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2006 09:52
Ciron had been silent after Feorrans comment about the shadows. When she left he didnt even look up.
He thought that they had been friends but obviously she thought not, he rolled toone side and even though Eola tried to encourage him to follow Feorran he just stayed on his side looking into the darkness.

He heard some faint noises in the dark, and suddelny he jumped up.
"Eorla folow me,"he said, and ran to wherever he heard the noises from
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2006 09:57
Feorran sat sullenly next to Geongan, chained to the back of the cave.

She thought of the prophecy, and her life she had left behind. She thought of Geongan, and their strong friendship, the strong Eorla, Diore gone to take a meassage and Ciron. She supposed she had ruined all chances of friendship with him, running off like that. A shadow fell over her, and she looked up into the leering face of a huge man. "Torture time," he laughed.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2006 10:17
THe man had jut pulled up the whip and was ready to strike Feorran when a boy cane running into the back of the cave
"NO"Ciron cried at the top of his lungs and jumped onto the mans back. THE man was so surprised that he let go of the whip, and ciron caught it.
"You wont hurt her"he shouted and began to whil the man as hard as he could until he ran out of the back on the cave.
Ciron quickly untied therir chains with the keys on the wall.
THen they ran out into the cave and joined Eorla fighting off the rest of the men in this outpost.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2006 05:59
Feorran stared at Ciron in surprise, before jolting out of the shock she had felt initially to pick up her sword and run two men through with it.

Even while fighting, her mind constantly drifted to Ciron. He had some strength in him after all, she thought wryly, before ducking and blocking a blow aimed at her chest. Ciron came rushing over to her then. "What is it?" she growled. Then it hit her, and she ducked another blow whilst reaching into her boot for her knife. "Here," she said, and gave it to him hilt first, stepping away neatly to avoid a crushing blow meant to split her skull.

Why is it always fighting? she thought, sighing.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2006 06:13
Ciron took the knife, and felt its weight again. He only really used it to defend himself because i didnt like the feel of killing people, there was something about it that didnt feel right.
But he kept an eye one everyone else aswell, incase they needed help.
Soon nearly all the men had been killed or had run off into the night.
"We need to go, i dont know where but we have to go quick"Ciron said to the others.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2006 02:17
Feorran ran back out of the cave to Hafoc, he was in good health and had obviously been seen by the men. Her temple was sore, and when she put her hand to it it came away bloodied. She washed it with as little water as she could spare, for she knew it was not deep, it was just that head wounds bled more than was practical.

She untied Hafoc and walked back into the cave, taking her knife gratefully from Ciron. She sighed when she saw it was not stained with blood.

"Ciron, one day you must learn to fight. The man should be defending the women, not the other way round!" Feorran sighed again and rolled her eyes. "When we get to safety, whenever that may be, I will teach you to ride and to use a sword and a bow. It could take you a while to get up to a standard that I would be content with, but I'm sure Geongan and Eorla would help, if you wouldn't mind learning. So, where are we going now?"
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2006 02:47
Geongan was thankful for the rescue. She raced outside the cave and whistled for her horse, she knew not where he had gone. Darkfire raced up to her. She jumped on his back. "Where from here? Back to camp?" Geongan asked, her lashes had become scars now and they didn't hurt too badly. She began her horse at a quick trot, so she could talk as she rode. "I'm sorry I ran off like that, I wasn't thinking." Geongan said, her eyes lowered.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2006 05:25
"Don't worry," said Feorran. "Though when Ciron woke me up to say you'd gone, I could have died on the spot the shock I felt, because of the... Just take me with you next time, please!" she said.

Feorran was glad the prophecy still hadn't come true, but she could almost see it hanging over Geongan's head, as she looked over her shoulder. After thinking deeply for ten minutes, she sighed and smiled at nothing in particular, a weight lifted off her shoulders.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2006 09:06
Ciron rode with Geongan, and they decided that they should go back to Edoras as fast as they could before the the alarm could be raised.
But when the had rode for a while they came suddenly over a hill and there were many torches burning brightly. A huge camp od the rebels had been set up, clearly to stop them from coming that way. In a few moments there were men pouring out of tents with bows and swords.
"Turn around, we must head south, for gondor"Ciron shouted above the growing noise, and they rode quickly away, to the south for a while, arrows whistled past them, but none of them hit beacuse of their tremendous speed.
Ciron clung on to Geongan with all his might. But after a while when the sun began to rise he quite bagan to enjoy the thrill of riding this fast.
"Woohoo"he shouted once more, and embarrassedly looked into some trees when everyone else looked at him and laughed.
It seemed that they had become even more of a team, and now they were heading for gondor, there they would hopefully raise the alarm and help Rohan before it was too late.
Little did they know, that things in Gondor had already begun to stir.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2006 09:46
Feorran laughed at Ciron when he shouted, and then concentrated on spurring Hafoc on.

The rest of the group fell into the distance as Hafoc galloped, hooves barely touching the ground. She felt like shouting herself, and she bent over his neck, racing the wind.

Then she pulled up, staring, confused at what she saw.
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email