Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
Post fána en' seere, dolen caure - Veil of Peace, Hidden Fear - No More People
on: September 02, 2006 03:26
OOC: Everyone is welcome. PM me or post here to join. I need Pippin and Sam. I need Aragorn. I need Arwen. I need Faramir. I need Eowyn. Characters you make up are welcome too! I need bad guys and girls as well as good. All I ask is that you write something longish - 2 paragraphs or more. Legolas is taken.

The plot is that it is five years after the war ended and everything was cleaned up. However, there are beings who are not happy that Saruman was defeated. It is time for the good to band together and fight the bad, so that there is peace once more.

BIC:
In the deep of the night, with lightning flashing and rain thrashing down, two cloaked beings rode upon pony-back on the plains of Rohan and onward. They were headed towards Gondor. Something was terribly wrong. Merry had told her to go there and seek help from King Aragorn. He had told her after passing out.

The Shire had been invaded by wild folk and giant spiders. Few knew what to do or how to fight. Merry was one of the few and she had no clue where Peregrin or Samwise were. The hobbit knew they could help - they had been in the War of the Ring after all -, but only if she could find them. Hopefully, the Big Folk will help.

The woman, Gilly Ploughman, looked down at the unconscious hobbit that she held tightly so that he would not fall from the pony. His eyes were closed and his face was deathly pale. Glancing down, Gilly saw two small holes where he had been bitten. Blood had stained the cloth all around the wounds and the poison had even burnt the cloth's hole. Gilly shuddered. She hoped that she could get to the castle in time. The attack had happened a week ago and it looked as if Merry might not make it.

As the wind picked up and the rain fell began to fall harder, something loomed up suddenly in front of her as she rounded a hill. It was the white castle. She gasped. Gilly had never seen anything quite like this place in all of her days. Pressing the sides of the pony, she urged her steed Fauna onward and up the ramp. There were no guards at the bottom of the massive castle and that surprised her, however, there were guards at the two massive oak doors. "Let me in. It is imperitive that you do. I must see the king. I must."

The two soilder's looked at eachother. They then nodded and let her pass - on the pony. Seeing the king at his throne with a dark haired elf at his side - his queen -, she stopped riding. Her mouth hung open and she tried to do a bow while atop her pony, but it did not work well and she all most fell off her pony. "Your magesties. I have dire news. Giant spiders and wild folk have invaded the Shire and from the looks of it, Rivendell as well. Merry, he needs help. One of the spiders bit him. I do not know if he will survive.

Meanwhile, in Mirkwood, a pale elf with white hair and blue eyes stumbled into the wood. Her clothes were torn and she was muddy and covered in blood. "Help, please," she begged. Behind her, wild folk were closing in on her, chanting, "Revenge for Saruman, true heir of Middle-earh."

[Edited on 26/4/2007 by ~Stella~]
Trasta
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: fána en' seere, dolen caure - Veil of Peace, Hidden Fear - No More People
on: September 03, 2006 10:42
*pouts* legi is ALWAYS taken..ah well, mabye next time
------------------------------------------
My character's name is Meldiron (Mel-deer-On) he is a personal guard for Legolas (I know their is a word for 'personal guard' but I don't know how to spell it and don't feel like looking it up. ) He is Originaly from Imladris but was adopted by a Mirkwood family after his biological parents were killed in a spider attack while in Mirkwood. (He was adopted by Thranduil's head marchwarden and his family) Oh, and his weapon of choice is a two handed elven sword...or a bow.

Well I think that is enough about my character, let the story continue!
------------------------------------------------

Meldiron lie on a rock in his favorite clearing. It was good to be home, Yes, visiting his relatives in Rivendell was nice from time to time, but he was glad to be back in the Wood of the Green Leaves. His precious sword and bow lie at his side, if he should need them, a pack lay at his other side, and all was good in the forest. Or so he thought.

Meldiron was quickly brought out of his thoughts when He started to hear chanting. It grew closer and he relized that the voiced he was hearing were wild men.

Wild men? Out here? Impossible. A frown knit itself into his brow as Meldiron soon relized that these were indeed wild men. He then clasped his quiver to his back and sword around his waist as he heard a cry of help. Meldiron climbed up into a tree, disapearing into the leaves. He was soom right above the wild men. And amoung the dark, matted heads, there was a light haired maiden that was apparently unarmed. Meldiron knocked an arrow, drew back, and let the white fletched shaft fly.

[Edited on 3/9/2006 by Trasta]
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: fána en' seere, dolen caure - Veil of Peace, Hidden Fear - No More People
on: September 03, 2006 11:48
Then the leader of the wildmen appeared underneath Meldiron. He was huge, about the size of a full grown man , and he wore a bearskin on his back and a big black crown on his head. He held up his long thick sword and called the company to stop.
He began to sniff about, like an orc would, and he seemed to catch a scent.
"Can you smell it boys, were close" he shouted at the other men.
The wild men began to nervously look round but their eyes showed excitement.

Then in the distance a strange shrieking was heard and giant spiders, half the size of a man came crawling up at a great speed. Some of the men drew their weapons but the chief with the crown stepped forward.
"It is time that this Rivendell falls. Spiders attack from the north while we attack from the ford.
With a laugh he and his company set off for the river.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2006 12:59
(can i be two characters?? Eowyn and Merry's girlfriend, Cora?)

Marigold Cora Knotwise was running. Running to her love's hobbit hole. She was frightened. Large spiders were everywhere. And Merry always knew how to comfort her.

No one called her Marigold before, except her mother, and now people were starting to talk about her with her first name. That always led to trouble. Something else was wrong, and she wanted to find out what it was.
"Merry? Merry? Where are you?" She wandered around his empty hobbit hole, searching for him.
"Meriadoc Brandybuck! Are you hiding from me?" No answer.
"MERRY?? It's Cora!!" She began to sob. Merry was gone. She had to find him. She left to the Green Dragon to ask around about him.

"Sorry lass, no sign of him."
"I was looking for him earlier, and I didn't find him either!"
"Nope, haven't heard from him for weeks."
There were only a few people in the Green Dragon, as everyone was holed up, trying to avoid the spiders. Cora noticed an old hobbit in the corner, and went up to him. Why, he wasn't old at all! It was Samwise Gamgee, come in from a day in his garden!
"Sam? Do you know where Merry is?"
"Cora! You frightened me. As a matter of fact, I saw him leave a few weeks ago with another hobbit, Gilly Ploughman. She said he was hurt, and needed immediate attention."
"H...h...hurt?? What kind of hurt? Did she say?"
"No, but I reckon it was a spider bite. They are roaming around.
"Thanks, Sam." Cora left the inn, and turned around to go back in.
"Did she say where they were going?"
"I heard her mention Gondor."
"Thanks."
Cora saddled her pony, Ivy, and began riding in the direction of the Misty Mountains. She knew Gondor was beyond them, though she had never been past it. She put on a brave face, packed her things, strapped her hobbit-sized sword and dagger on, and rode off into the dusk, hoping she wouldn't run in to any spiders.

Eowyn was in Ithilien, with Faramir in their bedroom. She was looking out of the window.
"Eowyn, you've been staring out of that window for three hours. What's going on?"
"I'm worried about Eomer. What if he can't handle being king of Rohan? What if the pressure builds up and he can't do it anymore?"
"Eowyn, he was the Marshal of the Riddermark. He led the Rohirrim for many years. He is probably fine. Now come to bed, you are scaring me."
"I'm sorry. But still there is evil out there. Still there are supporters of Sauron and Saruman, and they mean to destroy us."
"Aragorn will take care of most of Gondor. I am only Prince of Ithilien. We can handle this small part of Gondor for awhile. Please stop."
"Okay, I guess I don't have to worry. Not much at least," she lied to her husband, and crawled into bed. She was warmed by his embrace, but her mind continued to wander to Eomer, Aragorn and Arwen, and her father, who she hoped was watching over her and her family. She hoped Aragorn could handle being King of Gondor and being a leader, somewhat, of Rivendell. After all, Arwen was the princess of Rivendell, and now queen of Gondor. How were they going to handle leading two lands?
'Eowyn, stop it. It's none of your concern!' she told herself, and tried to get to sleep.

In the morning, she changed into her green dress, and looked back out the window into the sunrise.
"Not again!" Faramir grumbled.
"I'm just looking at the sunrise, Faramir. I'm done with worrying about my brother," she lied again. She didn't want Faramir to worry about her. Suddenly, she saw a small woman ride up to the halls of Emyn Arnen, with what seemed to be a small, wounded child. She hurried down the steps to greet the woman, and realized that it wasn't a child, but a hobbit, in the arms of another hobbit.
"Merry! What happened to him?" She asked the other hobbit, as she helped him down from the horse. Merry was the hobbit closest to Eowyn's heart, as she had helped him ride into battle. She was the closest "Big Person" he liked, except for Gandalf and Treebeard, if Treebeard could be called a person. She carried him into the hall, as Gilly, as the woman hobbit was called, told her about the spiders' attack on the Shire.

[Edited on 9/3/2006 by Aravis17]

[Edited on 9/5/2006 by Aravis17]
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2006 10:27
(So i got it wrong. THe wildmen and their leaderare atacking the home of the wood elves in mirkwood. The spiders they are allied with are attacking from the north and they are attacking fom the river. So the leaders words kind of work here anyway )

----------------------------------------------------
The great leader of the wildmen, whos name was Greckuk. Was actually one of the very few uruk hai to escape from treebeards assault on isenguard. He had fled into the mountains and slowly gatheres an army of five hundred strong men. Then with high hopes at the undefended fortress of the wood elves he set off for mirkwood. On his way he had comw across giant spiders who were bloodthirsty and angry. It was Greckuk that set them off to the shire for sweet meats....

The company halted at the side of the river, which for some reason seemed to be flowing at a great speed.
Greckuk pointed at one of the men and told him to cross the bridge, which he didnt trust.When the man was halfway across the bridge a snapping sound was heard and the man, along with the bridge, fell screaming into the perilous water.
The nervous men peered round at their leader to see what he was going to do.
"What are you waiting for maggots, build me another bridge" he ordered, and the men set to work.

----------------------------------------------------

The spiders were fast at running, so they ran as fast as they could around the elven kings gate and up the hill that was behind it. They were setting a trap.
First, a few of them went down to the gate and laid iron strong sticky webs on the flood just in front of it, so if anyone tried to come out they would be caught and held fast.
Next the rest of the spiders set about hiding up thew trees and around the gate, waiting for an ambush
~Stella~
Send Message
on: September 04, 2006 09:32
OOC: Gilly is a hobbit by the way. Also, all you have to post is once every other week at minimum, so if you can’t post every day or other few days do not worry. Does anyone want Aragorn? I need someone to play him please.

BIC: Gilly looked at the approaching woman. Her green eyes grew wide from fear. Never before had she seen one of the big folk, except for those horrible wild folk, and the height was terrifying for the hobbit. Her mouth opened in shock as Merry was lifted from her grasp. “Oh, do be careful,” said the worried hobbit. Clumsily, Gilly Ploughman half-slid and half-fell off her black pony. Dusting herself off and stretching her stiff legs, the hobbit followed behind Eowyn. Her red curls flopped up and down as she trotted to keep up and her inquisitive green eyes looked all around the castle. This place was truly amazing. She had never seen anything so big in her life and here she was surrounded by giant things. Gilly wrung her hands as she followed the princess (or at least she thought that the woman was royalty). Every once in awhile, Gilly would look behind her to see if Aragorn was following, but soon they were too far away to be able to see the king and so she gave up her searching.

“Well, m’lady, there is terrible trouble in the Shire. There are giant spiders an’ these wil’ folk. They chant horrible things abou’ avenging ‘Sharkey’,” Gilly began. She shuttered slightly at the memory of that horrible man. “Well, the spiders’ didn’ chant anything, jus’ those wil’ folk,” she corrected, “What happened to Merry? Well, he was fightin’ the wil’ folk an’ the spiders…” Gilly paused and took in a breath. Everything she had just said was spoken in a rush and the hobbit had not taken a breath in since before she had begun to speak. “While fighting a wil’ folk, one of the spiders, bit ‘im on the side. That was a week ago. I don’ think he’ll last much more. He tol’ me to come here for help,” Gilly finished in a rush.

She glanced at Merry, who had not stirred at all, even though he had been moved and the two beings had been speaking not very quietly, and a deep frown came upon her face. Merry looked worsen in the lights that lit the marble halls. He was so pale that he was all most gray, his breathing was shallow and infrequent and the hobbit looked small and frail. Gilly bit her thumbnail as she thought about the situation. It was bad, very bad.

In the meantime as the air thickened and the enemy approached, the fair haired elf ran onwards even after seeing Meldiron. “There is danger following me,” she panted as she whirled around and drew her sword. Her blue eyes shimmered with fear and determination. In her porcelain colored hand, she carried a steel sword which had drying blood on the blade. The elf, Linwe, was prepared to fight and she had fought. Her rust colored breeches knees were torn from falling and one of the arms of her button down embroidered dark blue tunic was shorter than the other from an obvious rip. Her boots were muddy and her hair matted. All of these things were signs that she had been in battle.

The elf, Linwe, gasped as the leader came forward. Her hand that was holding the blade shook wit determination and anticipation. She did not know what he was going to do, but she knew that it would not be good. Her breath caught and was held as she waited for the assault.

Trasta
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2006 10:03
Meldiron jumped down in front of the fair haired maiden and unsheathed his sword and lunged out to strike down the mal-formed leader with one swift motion. He cut Greckuk all the way down his thick arm. In response, the man cried out, in anger rather than pain. after a few minutes of fighting, Meldiron pushed the leader up agaist a tree stump, holding his own sword up against his throat. As he was about to end the uruk's life when he started to speak in a dark, strained voice.

"You and your race are doomed, you will all die! between us and the spiders none of you will escape alive!" Greckuk grinned evily at Meldiron, exposing his rotted teeth.

Meldiron stared at the uruk, hoping he was lying. Looked at the nasty creature square in the eye. He wouldn't give this minion of Saruman the pleasure of seeing terror in his eyes.

"You are wrong." and with that Meliron let his blade slide across the uruks neck. He would *not* loose his family, again. And he would protect his King and Prince to the end. Meldiron whipped around, a new insentive in his bones. Just as he thought he would be overtaken, a farmilliar sound filled his ears. A scout horn. Yes! Some of the hunting scouts must have heard the chaos and come to aid. But who was with them surprised Meldiron. Legolas, his prince, best friend, and responsibility, was fiering arrows left and right. Meldiron grabbed the She elf that was still amid the fight by her upper arm and dragged her away from the mass of wild men.

letting her down behind a large bush, he leaned in to whisper to her.

"Stay here, the prince, his scouts and I will take care of the wild men." With that he fesumed fighting.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2006 09:53
(Well as my character is now dead he he he-dont worry, i quite liked his ending- i will makew a new character, i hope thats o.k.Well hes not quite made, o well youl see.)

In a deserted goblin city underneath the misty mountains men and giant spiders were rushing about their business. In one room a large man had just banged on the door
"Come in" came a quiet slithery voice from inside.
The man breathed deeply and went inside.
He was in a circular room that seemed to be covered in a black blanket. It was completely bare, save the few flickering lamps. But on the other side of the room there was a dark throne, and a man sat upon it.
"My lord, the attack to mirkwood has been sent off a few days ago, im sorry that i have had no time to report it to you"said the man at the door.
"I want all reports on the day that they occur in future , but tell me, what other forces do we now have."said the throned man.
When lord Greckuk comed back he will have a larger army than he took with him my lord, as usual. But in the meen time my men have spotter some cave troll about there mines"
"Well then armour them up, fool"said the man on the throne, who now stood up." I will twell you this now, this stronghold is impenetrable, no one will be able to siege it. The dark lord failed and so did Sarumam. But i Grima wormtongue, Will not.":evil:

--------------------------------------------

In mirkwood, the giant spiders had watched the battle with fury, and now their anger could be felt by the two elves, like a buzzing noise all round them. The doors to the city opened and when a few of the elvezs ran out they were gaught in the webs. The remaining wildmen formed a semircle round the two elves chanting evil words, from the lost land of mordor that put fear into the hearts of all who heard them. The elves had two choices, they could fight the 400 left wildmen and furiated spiders or somehow get over the webs and into the city.The spiders began to spin a giant cone over the top of the elves and oon they would be trapped inside walls thet they would not be able to escape from, even with their elven blades, for the spiders wrath was now terrible..................
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2006 01:19
"Come with me," Eowyn told Gilly, and picked Merry back up. There were a few herbs that could help him, and if worse came to worse, she was only a few miles away from Arwen, who could definitely help if need be. She placed Merry on the table, and whispered in his ear. "Wake up, Merry. I can only help you if you wake up," and, whether by coincidence or not, he awoke, panting loudly.
Gilly made a loud, shocking noise.
"Shhh. He's awake, not healed. Please do not excite him." Eowyn placed a crubled up leaf - like object on his wound, and it began to draw out the poison. Eowyn prayed that it would work, and that Merry wouldn't die.

Cora was passing into Rohan when she came across a wildman. She didn't know why he was alone, because they usually travelled in packs, but he tried to take her off of her horse. She couldn't reach him with her sword, but her horse trampled him as she rode further across Rohan and into Gondor.

(Stella, i won't be here for a few days. i will only be here on the weekends, so don't leave me behind!!)

[Edited on 9/6/2006 by Aravis17]
~Stella~
Send Message
on: September 17, 2006 02:01
OOC: Sorry I haven't posted in ages! I have been super busy! My birthday was yesterday. Plus, I've been sick and I was dumped a lot of homework. Well, anyways, here it goes! Oh, anyone want to temp Legolas?

BIC: She frowned at the elf. Snorting, she left the place she had been place. “I am no weakling,” she said to her, “I can fight just as well as you can he-elf.” As if to prove a point, she stabbed the orc that was rushing towards her. “I needed assistance, not saving,” she said to him with a slight nod. Catching some movement behind her, she twirled and sliced through a leg of an orc. “Sorry,” Linwe said sarcastically as she plowed through the battle and fought the remaining orcs, spiders and wildmen along with the elf. “I think we might need more help. There is more of them than of us,” the fair haired elf said.

Meanwhile, Gilly followed Eowyn as fast as she could. Her feet pattered and made hardly a sound as she trotted behind the woman. With each movement, the hobbit kept a wary eye on her. She did not trust her very well. “Don’t hurt him,” she warned as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Merry panted. His eyes were wide and frightened. There was pain etching his face and in his eyes. Every muscle was tense. “It hurts,” he sobbed. Wearily, he closed his eyes, but opened them again. His mouth gaped in agony. He then cried loud, “Aragorn,” and fell into darkness. Sweat broke out on his forehead from fever and the exertion of the poison trying to leave his wound. He chewed his lip and shifted uncomfortably. The pain was so great, even in his unconscious state.
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2006 08:30
Aragorn sat on his throne talking to Arwen when a messengercame through the doors.
"Your magesties. I have dire news. Giant spiders and wild folk have invaded the Shire and from the looks of it, Rivendell as well."
Aragorn instantly stood and walked over .
He stood asked Beregond to gather his advisers. He then sat back beside Arwen.
"It seem's that the evil of Sauron is not so willing to die as we had hoped." Arwen said mournfully as she bowed her head.

"Sir, your advisors and the captains are here." this was voiced by Faramir, who was followed by a group of men, most in armor.
"Good."Aragorn said."let us plan our course of action.
Aragorn strode towards the long table that centre peiced the room.
"Now, correct me if I'm wrong but, our army is at full strength, is it not?"
"yes, My leige." this was the captain of the army.
"And the navy?"
"Strongest for 300 years." this was the captain of the newly built navy.
"exelent. Now let us plan"...
(sorry I just left it at that but I've got writers block)

[Edited on 28/9/2006 by wordsmith]

[Edited on 8/11/2006 by wordsmith]
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2006 10:21
first, merry and gilly are in Ithilien, not Gondor. second, faramir and eowyn are in ithilien, not gondor. try again!!

Eowyn heard Gilly tapping her feet with worry and impatience.
Merry continued to moan.
"Don't give up now, Merrry! Don't die on me!" Eowyn whispered, frustrated.
"Gilly, my medicine will only last a while. Do you know the way to Gondor from here?" Eowyn asked the hobbit. Gilly nodded, but looked concerned at the thought of leaving her friend behind.
"Go to Aragorn and Arwen. She will know what to do. Tell them that Merry is hurt and I am trying my best to help him, but I need elvish care from Arwen. Hurry!" She handed Gilly the cape that the hobbit had dropped, and watched the hobbit patter out of the room.
'Oh, I hope she arrives there soon,' Eowyn prayed.

--------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Cora had just entered Ithilien. It had been two days since she killed the wildman, and she had been riding hard. She stopped at an inn to water her horse and eat before continuing farther into Ithilien to find her love.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: October 03, 2006 03:15
Gilly watched Eowyn with a clinical gaze. Her arms were crossed and her foot was tapping in a pace that only said she was worried. “Don’t go trying to wake him from his slumber. He needs his rest,” Gilly warned her, “He is very, very weak.” Gilly chewed his lip. She did not want to leave Merry in her hands. She did not quite trust her. Gilly also did not want to ride out alone, especially with the wildmen and giant spiders. Her eyes drift over to the prone figure in the bed and sighed heavily.

“O’ course I know where Gondor is. Merry has shown me his maps and has let me study them. I think I can get there in a few hours time.” She took her cloak she was handed. Throwing it on, she rushed out the room. Before leaving she turned and said, “Give him some water. We ran out yesterday and I am sure he needs some. If you hurt him…just don’t hurt him.” The feisty hobbit turned and marched out of the room. Her feet flew as she ran back into the throne room, where her pony was waiting for her. Jumping onto the beast, she rode off to find help. “It is Aragorn who can help him – Merry said so,” she whispered.

~&~

Merry moaned slightly. It felt as if fire licked his side. The spider poison burnt his skin and it felt like everything was crawling. His stomach was cramping from lack of food and he felt himself retch. Everything seemed to go in slow motion and Merry felt unattached the world around him and his body. However, he did not worry. Merry had no worries.

He floated down a cool stream. He could not move, but truthfully, the hobbit did not want to. He was comfortable, the water was not swift and though it was dark, there was light emitting from the bodies that walked the shore, singing songs of Varda, love and peace. As he drifts through the river that bridges life and death, he passes under the first gate and slowly, in the world of the living, Merry’s soul begins to die, his life candle begins to fade and falter.

~&~

Gilly rode through the plains of Ithilien faster than she had ever ridden. The horse was heaving and foaming and yet it did not stop for a moment. They rode until nightfall. The castle of Gondor loomed ahead of her. She rode up the side, slowing her pony so they did not fall, but was stopped by two guards. “I am here to see the king. It is important. Eowyn sends me,” Gilly said. The guards look at each other and then decide to let her pass.

She again rides into the throne room. Clumsily, she gets off her pony and her knees give out. The red haired hobbit looks up at the king as she picks herself up. She trots forward. “M’ Lord Aragorn, I am Gilly Pickthorn of Bywater. I come baring terrible news. Wildmen and giant spiders have attached the Shire, Bree, Rivendell and Lorien. I know because I have been through every place. I have taken this journey because Meriadoc the Magnificent was bitten a week ago by one of the spiders. I do not think he will make it much longer. He is in Ithilien. Eowyn is with him as we speak, she tended the wound the best she was able. Will you come m’lord?” The hobbit bowed, clumsily to the king and then waited for his response.
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2006 09:47
(Sorry, i edited the post, I hope it makes sense now)
“M’ Lord Aragorn, I am Gilly Pickthorn of Bywater. I come baring terrible news. Wildmen and giant spiders have attached the Shire, Bree, Rivendell and Lorien. I know because I have been through every place. I have taken this journey because Meriadoc the Magnificent was bitten a week ago by one of the spiders. I do not think he will make it much longer. He is in Ithilien. Eowyn is with him as we speak, she tended the wound the best she was able. Will you come m’lord?” The hobbit bowed, clumsily to Aragorn and then waited for his response.
"The first of that terrible news I new already, but the latter part, I was unaware of Merry's plight. I thank you for endevoring to bring this to my attention. I have already made plans to assist the Shire and Rivendell: I and the greater part of the Gondorian army shall sail on the newly rebuilt Grand Fleet and travel to the Gray Havens and then onto the Shire, while the lesser part shall travel over land to meet with the Rohirrim, who are mustering as we speak, I would believe. All that remains to do now is send envoys to Ithilien and other feifs of Gondor to muster the greatest army we can."
Cirnellë
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2006 07:33
OOC: Hey guys, yes you see it correctly. I'm the one who's supposed to play Legolas, but hasn't shown up for ages. For that, you have my sincere apologies. Though I have to warn you, I won't be online a lot, so the times I'll update will be excruciatingly slow. Oh, and I'll be temping Pippin for this post, cause Stella asked me to. That's about it for now, and nice to see this rpg is going so well.

BIC:
Legolas slashed his blades through the underbelly of the spider, spilling black blood on the dried forest leafs. Pulling his twin blades back, he used one to stab a spider in his mouth and his other blade to stab backwards into an orc who wanted to sneak up on the Mirkwood Prince.

While he was fighting the foul creatures, he was aware that Meldiron was fighting them as well. Though he knew his friend was due to come back today, Legolas just wished Meldiron did not have to come back to a situation like this.

Knowing his friend can hold his own in a battle, he returned his concentration on the matter at hand, or rather, at blades. Pulling his blades back from where they were stuck in between the eyes of his opponent, Legolas jumped up into a tree. He swiftly sheathed his knifes, grabbed his bow and strung an arrow, all in one precise movement. Locking his eyes on his target, he fired the green feathered arrow which flew soundlessly through the air and embedded itself right in the head of the intended target. But Legolas wasn't even looking at it, he had already fired another arrow which also struck with precision and another one was strung and ready to fire.

After wiping out most of the evil creatures together with the other archers, he jumped back down and got out his knifes again. His arrows were running out and seeing as he had no problem with being on the field fighting, he decided it would be just as well.

Glancing at Meldiron, he saw he was holding on very well on his own, though he decided he needed to talk to him after this.

Pippin slowed his pony to a peaceful trot. He was nearing the borders of Ithilien, the place where he'd heard Merry would be. A guard was walking up to him, calling at him to halt. Pippin obeyed.

"My name is Peregrin Took. I am here to see Lord Faramir, Lady Éowyn and Merry Brandybuck, I heard he was here too. I am a friend of theirs." Pippin informed the guard, who nodded and let him past through. He also send for a messenger to run up to the Lord and Lady and tell them a hobbit, Master. Took, wanted to see them.

Pippin smiled at the guard and he continued his way to see his old friends and missing cousin.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: October 06, 2006 04:07
OOC: temping Arwen.

IC: Gilly stood there watching the human. She listened with attentive ears. Her face turned red. The hobbits eyes narrow. Was she hearing this king correctly? He mentioned naught of going to Ithilien to help Merry. “YOU are needed in Ithilien NOW,” Gilly said. Her voice was very loud for such a small and petite woman. “Merry is dying as we speak,” she said. Her chin quivered slightly and stubbornly. She stomped her foot. “We cannot wait much longer, do you hear me? I don’t care what your military tactics are. You could send a bunch of goblins in for all I care. I am depending on you, the woman Eowyn is depending on you, and MERRY is depending on you. Merry most of all…” Her voice drifted off for a second. “His last word was your name,” she said, “We must go and with no haste.”

Arwen looked at the passionate hobbit in front of her, but the elf did not say anything. Wearily, she closed her eyes and felt the energy. A small gasp came from her lips. Her brow furrowed and a tear trickled down her pale cheek. “Aragorn, lle maure a' asca no'a Ithilien. Meriadoc ná autaien e'a gurtha. Auta e'asca,” she said quietly.

Translation: Aragorn, you need to haste onto Ithilien. Meriadoc is passing into death. Go in haste.

Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2006 11:20
Eowyn noticed that Gilly didn't trust her. She didn't understand why, since she had taken care of Merry during the WotR and had shared her hope with him. Perhaps Gilly was distrustful of everyone. Merry started muttering. Eowyn jumped.
"What is it Merry?" she asked urgently, but then realizing that getting him excited wouldn't help. He tried to say something to Eowyn, but he suddenly went cold.
"Merry! Wake up, please. Don't die." Eowyn sat down on the floor, sobbing gently. She wondered why Gilly cared for Merry so much, because Eowyn could see that Gilly didn't love him like Eowyn loved Faramir. Perhaps she loves him like a brother, Eowyn thought, sobbing harder when she realized that Merry might die. She had to keep Merry alive until Arwen and Aragorn came.
"I hope Gilly got there alright?!" Eowyn prayed.
"I think she did," Faramir said from behind her. Eowyn hastily stood up and turned around to face...
"Oh, Faramir," she sighed, "I didn't see you there."
I just came down to see how Merry's doing."
"I think he's worsening."
"Are you sure? What does your mind truly tell you?"
"My mind knows only what lies near my heart. And my heart says that Merry will survive."

-------------------------------------

At the exact moment that Merry fell unconscience, Cora awoke from her slumber, panting heavily. Her pony started, and she mounted it.
"Merry is close, and barely alive! I must go, now!" she urged Ivy on, and entered the borders of Ithilien.

[Edited on 10/14/2006 by Aravis17]
Trasta
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2006 08:16
Meldiron was surprised, needless to say, but quickly dismissed the matter.

"Terribly sorry, m'lady, t'was not my place." With that, he thrust his blade into an oppent, and continued on like this for quite some time, until the orcs were nearly gone. "I think they are all either dead, dying, or cowards." He turned to Legolas and the maiden he had run into earlier, but could not put a name to her face. He then waited for one of the elves to talk.

((I know, its really short compared to my ussual posts...couln't really think of anything good. ))
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2006 09:30
"I did not realise that the situation with Merry was so grave. I will travel to Ithilen at once. I needed to muster from Ithilen anyway." Aragorn said, mortifyed. He left the room quickly after saying goodbye to Arwen. He beckoned to Gilly to follow him.
As they reached the stables, Aragorn spoke to Beregond who followed him and Gilly down.
"Beregond, I wish for you to come with me but you must stand as best as you can in my stead. You will sail in my stead on the Grand fleet, whereas I shall meet with Faramir in Ithilen and heal Merry. I will then travel with the rohirrim to Rivendell first."
Aragorn and Gilly left the White City with a small escort of both rangers and Knights.
"I am wondering why you left the shire to come here? I know the shire is under threat, but to get here, you needed to travel through many foes." Aragorn asked.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2006 10:27
OCC: HI sorrry i havent posted in an age, but i didnt really see any reason for me to post as not much has happened which involves me. But ill start posting now. In the actual OCC thread can someone write down the storyline, eg with merry, because im a wee bit confuzzled.Thanx.

The few men and spiders that had escaped the mirkwood beating had come running back to the mountains(misty mountains) and had told reports of all that had happened.
In a huge hall beneath the earth many goblin men and spiders were awaiting the speech of their master:
"A new age we live in, or so they say, and it has started well has it not. But i will have rule over middle earth and you all, my first followers, will have the highest positions in my new empire. Some of you have already tasted war in mirkwood, but that was not a drawback, now we shall rise again, Sauron before us, then sauron, then i Grima, who shall take a new name. From now on all of you shall call me Necremancer."

Some of the oldest goblins were confused at this strange remark, thinking only the dark lord could be called the Necremancer. But on their new lords orders, they went about the lands in disguises and slowly spread word and rumors that the Necremancer was returning.

Meanwhile, a new small army had been orderedto march westward from the new made fortress in the misty mountains(the fortress is somewhere near the SOURCE(BEGINNING) of the Sir Ningler or gladden river). Its sole purpose was to destroy the peacful shire that Grima wormtongue(the new Necremancer) had hated so much when he had been there.

[Edited on 26/10/2006 by Irmo_of_lorien]
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2006 02:18
ooc: i have nothing to add right now, but wordsmith, Arwen is supposed to come too, coz only elvish medicine can heal merry. now if u say u have elvish herbs that Arwen gave him, then fine. if not, Arwen has to come. just letting u know!
~Stella~
Send Message
on: October 25, 2006 02:26
OOC: We planned it that only Aragorn went. He did heal Merry before, so I think of Aragorn as sort of magical in a healing way - do you? But, in my post, I will have Arwen give him herbs. I will post as soon as possible. I am supper busy. Lots of assignments for college.
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2006 07:04
(I'm posting now so i'll have Aragorn use elven herbs to heal merry.)
Aragorn and Gilly reached the boarders of Ithilen quickly and from there they travelled through the forests to reach the house of Faramir and Eowyn. They left the escort out side and rushed in.
Eowyn came to greet them and brought them to Merry.
"It is worse than I feared." Aragorn muttered."Get me some water and a pint of red wine." he barked at a servant.
When the servant returned he withdrew a pouch of herbs that Arwen had given him and crushed half into the wine and made a paste with the rest and some water.
He smeared the paste over the wounds and bound them with linen that had been dipped in the wine mix. Once he had done that he spooned the remaining wine into Merry's mouth.
"This is all I can do for him. He should be awake by morning." he told Gilly and Eowyn, who were hovering around anxiously."Where is Faramir? I must speak with him urgently." he asked Eowyn.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: November 02, 2006 03:58
Linwe smiled weakly at the male elf who had tried to protect her. "Do not judge looks by how one reacts," she repled. Turning gracefully, she stabbed the last orc. Pulling th blade out of the dead fiend's stomach, seh went over to the two elves. "I think we should check the borders before continuing on," she said as she wiped her blade off, "My name is Linwe." She cutsied to the elven king and the other elf.

Meanwhile, in Ithilien, Gilly gazed at Aragorn with a clyincal glare. She did not trust him or the woman. It was hard for her to trust anyone, but the 'big folk' made her particuarly wary. After Aragorn had healed Merry to the best of his abilities, she stood. The hobbit went over to him.

"What would you have done if he had died before we got here? What would you have told Cora, his beloved," she asked, "Why didn't you believe me when I first said that he was direly wounded? Why didn't you wish to come?" She paused and looked at Merry. Gilly then looked at Aragorn. "I came because Master Meriadoc requested that we do. I would not have come if he had not asked that of me." She stopped speaking and waited for him to respond.

Turthermore, in the land that was neither death nor life, Merry felt severe pain. His eyes closed and he wept aloud. He began to flow backwards and out of death. His eyes open weakly, but he closed them. The lights of the room hurt his eyes. A small gasp uttered weakly from his lips.
Trasta
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2006 12:26
Meldiron nodded,

"Then it is a pleasure to meet you, linwe. And I agree, M'lord, we should send out scouts for the borders."
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2006 11:33
ooc: that is the shortest post i have ever seen, Trasta

ic: Cora entered Ithilien, and was nearing the area where Merry was. Within a hundred meters, she jumped off of Ivy, and ran as fast as her hobbit feet would carry her up the steps and into the doors.
"MERRY!!" she called. He moaned as she turned the corner. All of a sudden big hands held her back. It was Eowyn.
"Shhhh. You must be Cora. Merry is healing, but he needs to be quiet right now. You may stay here if you wish, but do not excite him." Cora nodded her head, and stood beside Merry. His eyes were clearing up, but the cloud over his eyes remained. Cora knew he was healing, Eowyn had said so, but she couldn't help but sob. She heard another hobbit's pattering feet behind her as Eowyn left with Aragorn. She turned to look and it was Gilly!
"Gilly! I am so glad to see you! Why is Merry sick? I am glad you brought him here, the one place he could heal, but why didn't you tell me?" Cora hugged Gilly, glad to see her best friend here, another hobbit supporting Merry's health.

Eowyn led Aragorn out to the room across the hall, where Faramir had entered to be in peace, away from the sickness.
"Here you are Aragorn. But I shall stay. I must hear what you have to say. I am, after all, Faramir's wife, and princess of Ithilien. But I am going to go make myself some tea first. Would you like some?" Aragorn shook his head, but Faramir whispered, "Some beer would help." Eowyn left.
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2006 06:49
Eowyn led Aragorn into a room. Faramir was in there waiting for him.
"Here you are Aragorn. But I shall stay. I must hear what you have to say. I am, after all, Faramir's wife, and princess of Ithilien. But I am going to go make myself some tea first. Would you like some?" Eowyn asked. Aragorn shook his head, but Faramir whispered, "Some beer would help." Eowyn left.
"Aah, now down to business." Faramir said when Eowyn returned.
Several hours passed as Aragorn and Faramir talked about everything from tactics to the state of the children today.
"You shall stay here tonight. In the morning we shall start the muster." Faramir told Aragorn. Aragorn accepted graciously.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: November 11, 2006 03:05
OOC: Will post soon. I've a lot of projects I am finishing. Here, finally, is the ooc board for here: http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=27888
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2006 07:55
Cora sat next to Merry, tears falling from her face.
"How could I let this happen?" she said aloud to herself.
"Just one second that I am away from him, one second that I can never recover, and he is attacked. It's all my fault," she choked, and made a move to hold Merry's hand, which was now burning hot. She held it with one of her own, her right hand, and gently rubbed the top of his hand with her left.
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2006 07:47
OOC: Joining as my made-up, Iswaellen. Feel free to read her profile though I warn you, it's...not that good.

IC: Iswaellen rushed through the healing halls over Mirkwood. Every bed and cot held a wounded person. Not only men, but women and children whose homes were attacked. She was a healer, an average one at best, but a needed one. She was not from Mirkwood, but rather from Rivendell, visiting several friends she had here. She glanced up as a she-elf came in, carrying a wounded child, no more then 10. Both were deathly pale, covered in blood, and tangled in webs. Iswaellen rushed over to them and carefully led them to a bed. The woman was not badly hurt, only suffering a few minor cuts and scratches. The child, however, had been bitten by a spider. Iswaellen quickly grabbed a tourniquet and tightly placed it on the childs arm, a few inches above the wound. She then placed several herbs in a crucible, mixed in a few drops of water, and crushed them to make a paste. She applied the paste liberally to the wound and wrapped a bandage around it. "There is not much more I can do," Iswaellen spoke to the crying mother, "He is a young elfling, I do not know if he will make it." She checked on the young boy one last time before hurrying off to the next patient. It was not the first time, nor the last, she would say that today.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 03:55
OOC: So sorry for not posting sooner - life's been hectic! What's your plans for your character legolas_luvr?

BIC:

Slowly, Merry closed his eyes. They had opened when he heard someone cry out his name, but he saw nothing. He grasped the blankets tightly in his hands, feverish – just as the rest of his body was as it fought the spider venom.

Gilly was standing near Merry’s bedside, cooling his forehead with a cool, wet cloth. Her green eyes were troubled and her brow was furrowed. A strand of red-brown curly hair had fallen in front of her eyes, but she paid it no heed.

When she heard Cora cry out Merry’s name, she looked up. The hobbit woman dropped the cloth back into the bowl of watcher that was at Merry’s bedside. She walked slowly towards Cora. Her demeanor was different then when she first came here. Gilly was holding herself the way Merry and Cora were used to – submissive, quiet, and shy. That was who she usually was. It was only when there was danger that Gilly became rebellious and so feisty. “’Ello Miss Cora,” she said properly. She dipped her body into a half courtesy and then placed her hands behind her back and her shoulders lowered. Gilly did not let her green eyes make a direct gaze; instead, she looked at her feet. “Merry ain’t ill,” Gilly said, “He was bitten by a spider. I would’ve told you, but there wasn’t any time. I had to get here as fast as I could Merry all most didn’ make it.”

Gilly’s eyes darken slightly. “I don’ rightly trust the big folk. Lor’ Aragorn almos’ didn’t come after me ridin’ out to get him and I don’ trust the woman.” Her cheeks turned bright red and her freckles stood out against the redness. “I was to bold there to say that.” Gilly cleared her throat and looked at the hobbit in the bed.

Gilly went to the window. She stood there, watching the sun slowly set, turning the sky a vibrant red, and keeping vigil over Merry, who was not faring well. Hearing weeping, Gilly went tentatively over to Cora. She lay a strong hand upon her shoulder. “Tain’t your fault, miss. There were so many spiders. Ye’d be dead surely. Pip was with ‘im. I don’ know how he’s farin’. He was such a brave fighter. Both of them were.” She looked at Merry. He was so pale, yet so hot. His shoulders quivered from fever and sweat glistened on his chest and face. Curly locks stuck to his forehead and the old scar from his journey with the fellowship was starkly visible.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2007 09:38
(alright, this being my first post I hope it works. I'll be playing Legolas and Aragorn I believe. I skimmed through the posts so if I missed anything just let me know.)

Aragorn then came into the room again. He could see the young hobbit maid crying. He noticed that one of the hobbits was glaring at him. Aragorn walked over to Merry without a word to the others in the room.
He looked over him, then brought out some herbs. He began to mix some herbs together with water to help the fever go down.
Once he was finished mixing he lifted Merry's head and opened his mouth so he could take some. "Come Merry, this will help you fight the fever." Aragorn whispered.
Merry could only take a little so Aragorn put it down on the nightstand. Then he turned to the two hobbit maidens that were watching him closely. "Make him take some of this when he can. It will help the fever go down." Aragorn said. He could feel the tension in the room, he knew that the hobbits did not trust in his abilities.
Then as he was about to leave Legolas walked in. "How is he Aragorn?" Legolas asked. "Not well I am afraid." Aragorn said.
Then Legolas noticed two other halflings in the room.
One of them looked angry and untrusting, while the other one just looked sad. "Come Legolas, I believe it would be best to talk outside." Aragorn said. Then the two friends left the room.
Once they were in the hall they began to walk and talk about what had happened. "I see that one hobbit was very untrusting of you." Legolas said. "Yes, I believe they think I don't care, but I do. Merry is a wonderful, and couragous hobbit. I would never leave him to die." Aragorn said. Legolas nodded, but Aragorn could see there was something else on his mind. "What is it Legolas?" Aragorn asked. Legolas looked up at him. "I saw many goblin camps on my way here. I fear they are growing in numbers." Legolas said.
Aragorn became silent as he thought about this. "If they attack in any way I can gather some elves and men to fight." Legolas said. Aragorn raised his hand. "No need to start a battle now." Aragorn said.
Then Aragorn looked back down the hall from where they had come. "I will have to go back in there later. I do not know how well those hobbit maidens will be able to take care of him." Aragorn said. Legolas nodded. "I do not understand why they would not trust you. You are a very good healer, I know you will bring Merry through this." Legolas said. Aragorn nodded, then they continued to walk and talk about events that had happened. Aragorn planned to go back soon to see Merry. Usually he would stay with his patients, but he knew the hobbits would not allow it, not until they grew to trust him.
Then he looked at Legolas again."Tell me how you came here. I know you have not been here for long." Aragorn said. "I was with a group of Mirkwood elves checking to see how many goblins camps there were when I was separated during a fight. The goblins came upon us quickly and we were barely ready to fight. I fought well, trying to keep an eye on the other elves but eventually the goblins separated us all and all I could do was ride away. I thought I should come to warn you." Legolas explained. Aragorn nodded, listening closely. "Now do they seek dominion over our world." Aragorn said.

(I hope this works Stella)

[Edited on 7/1/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]

[Edited on 7/1/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2007 03:23
(ooc: For those who actually read my profile, I’m changing the sword name from Althasil (doesn’t mean a thing) to Angor (Anga-iron Gor-horror).

“Iswaellen, you need to go out and gather more herbs,” shouted one of the head healers, who then preceded to list off a list of herbs. Iswallen quickly nodded and hurried to prepare. One of the downsides of being a healer during a war was going out to gather more herbs in the midst of the fighting. She slid a haversack over her shoulders and hung her sword, Angor, at her side. She then hurried out side and through the forests, pausing only for a moment to cut herbs off the ground.
Suddenly, as she neared the bordor, she paused as she heard footsteps up ahead and placed a hand on the hilt of her sword. As the sound came nearer, she squinted in the distance and realized that it was wildmen approaching. She readied to run, but they had seen her and quickened their pace. Knowing that, even with her quick elven pace, the group would over come her or shoot her down, she unsheathed her sword and stood her ground until the group had come to her and attacked. She skillfully fought them off, but still she was greatly outnumbered. She caught a glance to the horizon and saw two elves coming, a man and a woman, and silently prayed they would aid her.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2007 03:57
(I thought this would be a good place to bring in my own character, if you had another idea I can delete it)

Nethwen Estel and a guard of Mirkwood were riding around, they were searching for Legolas. "Where could he have gone off to?" Nethwen wondered. "You heard about the fight with the goblins, maybe he was taken captive or killed and we have not found him yet." The guard said. Nethwen had a grim look on her face, but she shook her head. "He is not dead, and what reason would they have to take him captive. He must have gone off and just decided not to tell me." Nethwen said. Then she turned to the guard that had been escorting her around. "I had better ask my Uncle if he knows what has happened to Legolas." Nethwen said, then she turned her horse and rode back towards the elven kingdom.
As they rode that way they both saw many wildmen attacking a single elf. "We had better help!" Nethwen said. She pulled out her bow and began to shoot the wildmen, she had been taught by Legolas, although she was not as good as him.
Once they came clsoe Nethwen and the guard dismounted and pulled out their swords and began to fight.

Once the wildmen were dead Nethwen wiped her blade and put it in her sheath. "Are you alright?" Nethwen asked. She nodded. "Well, I must go and meet with my Uncle." Nethwen said, she mounted and raced off without another word.

"Uncle!" Nethwen called when she arrived. "Yes Nethwen?" Thranduil asked, he could tell she wanted something. "Where is Legolas? He has gone missing." Nethwen asked. "He has gone to Edoras. He knew that Lord Aragorn was there and wanted to speak with him." Thranduil explained. "Oh." Nethwen said. Then she turned and walked away. "Where are you going now?" Thranduil asked. "To Edoras." Nethwen said simply. "Shouldn't you tell your Father before you go off on another adventure?" Thranduil said. "Father won't mind. I would rather be off on an adventure with Legolas anyway." Nethwen said with a smile. Thranduil smirked. Ever since they were very young Nethwen had always been Legolas's shadow.
Just before she disappeared Thranduil called to her. "I will send a message to you Father anyway. If he doesn't worry your Mother will." Thranduil said. Nethwen nodded then disappeared.
(I hope this is alright with everyone)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
~Stella~
Send Message
on: January 11, 2007 10:21
Gilly stood protectively beside the bedside of Merry. She watched every move that the man who entered did. Trust did not come easily for her, especially with this man. She was fiercely protective of her master. Absently, the female hobbit fingered the ring upon her finger.

Dimmly, Merry was aware of Aragorn speaking, or at least he knew someone was talking to him, trying to get him to drink something quite bitter. He tried, but found swallowing quite painful.

Gilly nodded her head firmly. "All right," she said gruffly. She stared at the elf that strode into the room suddenly. Her eyes widen and she steps back slightly. She felt her warriness double, but this was different. She felt she might be able to trust this being, unlike the other. She scowled at the elf non-the-less. "Don' touch a hair on his head," she warned, "You'll have to get through me first if you wish to try."

OOC: This a JP between myself and ElfmaidenofLorien and the first couple is by nippip_dna_yrrem or yrrem_dna_nippin. We need a person to play Grima, where did our Grima go?

BIC: As the sun slowly sank behind the hills and turned the sky a violent shade of blood red, a long hobbit stared out of the window. Her green eyes searched the lands beyond for anything, good or bad. In her heart, there was a feeling that told the red haired hobbit woman that something or someone would be approaching in the night. How she knew, Gilly could only guess, but she hopes it twas no fiends that would be approaching.

She glanced behind her at the figure on the bed. He was pale and scarcely breathed. Gilly hoped that the man name Aragorn was right. She hoped that Merry would wake. She was doubtful however. Merry was looking worse for wearing. Sighing heavily, the hobbit servant continued her staring out the window.

Pippin sighed as he dismounted his pony within the borders of Ithilien. It had been a long journey. He worried about Merry. After all Merry was his cousin, with whom he'd had all sorts of adventures ever since he was a child. The danger they thought themselves in, or that they were in during later adventures, had never worried him. He had once said that it was because they were going through the danger together, and halved the worry between them. But now there was no splitting the worry in two.

As he stood by his pony, he wondered what his life would be like without Merry, his cousin, his best friend. He came back with a renewed resolve to help Merry in any way he could. He would do what ever was necessary to save him.

Staring down at the grounds below her, Gilly saw a tiny speck approach and then dismount. Her brow creased as she concentrated upon it as it came nearer. With each passing second, the hobbit woman could tell what it was; a hobbit.

She turned and headed for the heavy oak door. Pausing, she looked at Merry. “Don’t let your hope falter, Mr. Merry. It taint’ your time to leave this world. There are people here who need you,” she whispered. Facing the ancient door, she pulled the wrought iron door handle. Hastily, Gilly ran out of the room and down the hall.

She did not stop until she had found the exit. She ran down the stairs and paused to catch her breath by the white tree. Gilly rested her hands on her knees as she breathed in slowly. She had not known how massive this castle was until trying to run it. When Gilly stood, she let a sob when she saw whom it was.

Aragorn and Legolas walked down the hall after Aragorn had finished caring for Merry. "Those dreaded spiders. The poison has caused a fever." Aragorn explained sadly.
"Do not worry friend. He is a very strong hobbit. I have a feeling he will make it through." Legolas said.
Legolas and Aragorn spoke of many things that were happening in the world. Like the goblins that were invading Mirkwood. "Do you think they will try to rise against us?" Aragorn asked.
"I have no doubt." Legolas said.
Then he walked ahead of Aragorn and stopped to look out the window. "Unless my eyes deceive me that is young Peregrin!" Legolas exclaimed.
"Elven eyes are rarely deceived." Aragorn said as he ran over.
"He has come to see Merry." Legolas said.
"We had better greet him." Aragorn said.

They went down and smiled when they saw him. "How you have grown young Peregrin! It amazes me." Legolas said with a smile. Aragorn smiled as well. "You certainly have grown up." Aragorn added.
Then Legolas' face darkened. "You have come to see Merry." Legolas said.
"You may come with us, I have been caring for him." Aragorn said.
Then the door opened and Gilly came out. She began to sob as she stood before him. Legolas and Aragorn stood as Pippin approached to speak with her.

Gilly looked at Legolas and Aragorn as they stop ahead of her. Her eyes flash and she stiffens. “Go,” Gilly said firmly, “He don’ need your help!” Her voice rose and tears trickled down her face. She knew that Merry did need Aragorn’s help, but her protectiveness of her master over ruled her hobbit senses.

Gilly turned to Peregrin. “He is not doing well at all, Mister Pippin. I’ve done the best that I can, but it tain’t enough. I even brought Merry the tall folk, though he was reluctant to come,” Gilly said. Her lip quivered slightly. “I don’ know if he will survive for long. One of the giant spiders bit him an’ it’s poison has caused such a high fever that won’ break.” She shook her head and then her whole body shook from sobs that wracked her body.

Legolas and Aragorn looked at Gilly, not surprised by her anger. When she began to weep Aragorn walked over to her. "I am doing all I can. Why don't you stay with Peregrin while I tend to him? You should get some rest or I may have to care for you as well, Aragorn said. He was trying to be kind so that she might be able to trust him.
Then Aragorn walked by Gilly, before she could even answer. Legolas stood outside; he knew Aragorn would have everything under control.
Legolas knew that he should probably do something, leave the hobbits alone since he knew Gilly didn't like him, or any tall folk at the time.

Legolas went down to the stables, he wondered if he should ride around and scout for any goblins in this area. "I'll wait until Aragorn gets back. I'm sure he would like to come along, if he can, Legolas said. He knew Merry would need a lot of care.

Aragorn walked into the room and went to Merry's side. He put a cold cloth on his forehead and gave him a little more of the drink he had made earlier.
"Come on Merry, you can make it through. Don't let this spider bite get the best of you." Aragorn whispered. He wanted this hobbit to live just like everyone else; he had risked his life to save him during the War of the Ring he would not let him die now.
Gilly scowled at the retreating backs of Legolas and Aragorn. Angrily she scrubbed away the tears. She looked at Pippin. “I don’ trust ‘em,” she said quietly, “That man, Aragorn, he cares more about military strategy than the life of a bein’.” Her voice lowered even more so. “You know what he said to me? He said, “I have already made plans to assist the Shire and Rivendell. I and the greater part of the Gondorian army shall sail on the newly rebuilt Grand Fleet and travel to the Gray Havens and then onto the Shire, while the lesser part shall travel over land to meet with the Rohirrim, who are mustering as we speak, I would believe. All that remains to do now is send envoys to Ithilien and other fiefs of Gondor to muster the greatest army we can.’” She looked forlornly at Pippin. “I don’ need to know how he will attack, ‘specially since Mister Merry was, is, in need for help.”

Merry felt as if there were two presences in his mind. A comforting, embracing one that wanted him to follow and another longing for him to go away from where he was and Merry did not know what, or which one to follow. The presence that wanted him to leave this place and not follow, made his body burn and head throb if he turned towards it. The other was soothing and gentle, like a warm bath if he walked in that direction. Merry was very confused. He saw nothing. It was a soft, midnight blue – all most like twilight. He knew not where he was. All of a sudden, a spider loomed in front of his much like the one who had bitten him in the first place.

He screamed and thrashed. His eyes opened into a tiny slit, but he closed them again. It was too bright in the room and his head throbbed. Merry shivered uncontrollably as his fever worsened.

Aragorn was surprised by this sudden outburst. He tried to calm him but he was having fever nightmares.
Aragorn walked over to his pouch that had herbs in it. He took out the athelas and crushed it up in a bowl. He placed the bowl of athelas on the bed stand near him so that the smell might calm his mind.

Pippin smiled slightly at Gilly. "Aragorn has a lot on his mind, but I know he will be able to help Merry. I would not trust anyone else." Pippin said.
Then Pippin walked in, he was determined to see Merry.

When he walked in he saw Merry shaking and shivering. "What's wrong!?" Pippin exclaimed. He ran to Merry's side.
"The fever is getting worse, and he is having fever nightmares." Aragorn said, he was mixing another drink for Merry to take.
Then Pippin looked directly at Aragorn. "Tell me the truth Aragorn. Will he live?" Pippin asked.
Aragorn looked at Pippin. "I do not know, but he is a strong hobbit and I believe he could make it if he tries hard enough." Aragorn said.
Pippin nodded sadly.
Then Aragorn looked at the doorway, he wondered where Legolas had wandered off. "What happened to Legolas?" Aragorn asked.
"He went to the stables." Pippin said.
Aragorn nodded, he knew what Legolas wanted to do, he wanted to check for any more goblins.

Gilly scowled at Pippin. “I don’t rightly know if Mr. Merry will be or not. It’s been nary a week days since we got here. I hope that too much time was taken getting’ here. We rode as fast as we were able, but I don’ know if it was enough,” Gilly said as she followed Pippin.

The hobbit’s eyes widen. Her small fists ball up in fear and she stood rigid. “Get away from him,” Gilly shouted, “Master Merry is dieing. Can’t you see that?” Gilly blinked a few times – hard. “Mister Pippin, he will die if his fever doesn’t break soon,” she shook her head. Slowly, the hobbit turned on her heals and left. After exiting the room, Gilly ran as fast as her feet would carry her. She only stopped when she fell on her hands and knees in the stables. The hobbit began to sob so hard she was gasping for air.

Legolas turned when he heard the loud sobbing. He walked out of the horse stall and knelt beside her. "Are you alright?" Legolas asked. He tried to help her up but she pushed him back. Legolas stood up and looked down at her. "I was only trying to help." Legolas said, he understood that she was very scared but they were trying to help.
Legolas walked away from Gilly and went back to brushing his horse. "Maybe you would like to go for a ride with me. Getting away from here for a little bit might be good for you." Legolas suggested.

Gilly looked at Legolas. A fierce determination was in her green eyes, but behind it was softness and there was fear in them as well. Gilly was very protective over Merry and of herself. She hated showing any vulnerability. She knew she should trust these people, but found she couldn’t, but she knew she also needed to try to put a little faith in these strangers. Scrubbing the tears form her eyes, Gilly stood and nodded slightly. “Allright,” she said carefully. Gilly went over to the horse and stuck out her hand so that it could smell her. Upon her middle finger was a brass ring that had tiny letters inscribed “Gilly” on the top on it and “Meriadoc” carved on the underside. The ring represented her stasis in her community. Gold was the highest rank and only officials in the Shire wore this cold. Silver was the next color representing the shop owners. Brass represented the fact that Gilly was owned by Merry – Sam had worn the same type of ring until becoming mayor.

Legolas smiled. He helped her up on the horse. "I suppose you will want to ride by yourself." Legolas said. Then he mounted his horse and rode out. "I was actually going to search for any goblin camps, but maybe I should make this a leisure ride. I wouldn't want you to get hurt in any way." Legolas said.

Back at Meduseld Aragorn was still in the room, Pippin was with him as well. "If his fever doesn't break tonight I don't think he will live another day." Aragorn said.

Pippin sighed sadly, he felt very helpless at this point. "Please make it Merry, I couldn't live without you around." Pippin whispered. He held one of Merry's sweat drenched hands

“I could protect myself, but I’d rather not meet a fiend at this time,” Gilly whispered stubbornly. She clung to the horse and squeezed its sides of the mare. “Me da taught me to ride when I was in my tweens. Master Merry taught me how to swim. All Bucklander’s are mighty fine swimmers,” she said. A sad smile formed on her face as she spoke. For a long while, she rode in silence. “I feel like I’ve let him down. I promised to protect him life or death. Now look where he’s at! I’m the one who should be there, not him,” Gilly said. She chewed on her lip and stared at her horses head. She watched the mane fly out as the horse galloped; oh how graceful it way. Wearily she sighed and looked at Legolas. “Hobbits aren’t meant to see spider attacks or goblins or wil’ men, well, we’re meant for a more peaceful existence. We never did anything to deserve the attacks, but look where we’re at! Buckland’s destroyed and hobbits are havin’ to flee for their lives.”

In the sickroom, Merry shifted slightly. A small grimace formed on his face and he coughs. His eyes open wearily. They were glassy and unfocused. “I can hardly see, but I can still hear you,” Merry whispered. His breath came out weak and ragged. “Of course you could. You’re Pip, you can do anything.” Weakly Merry smiled. “I’m really hot Pip, but I’m so cold as well.”

Legolas looked over at Gilly. He sighed sadly. "Many things aren't meant to happen Gilly." Legolas said. Then he stopped his horse suddenly, he thought he had heard something. He looked across the plains but saw nothing, but he could have sworn that he had heard something.

Pippin almost fell backwards when Merry spoke to him. "You'll be fine Merry, don't talk like that." Pippin said. Aragorn smiled at Merry. "You have been very sick Merry. You still have a slight trace of fever but I think you will make it." Aragorn said, he sounded very relieved.
"What about his vision Aragorn? When he get his full vision back?" Pippin asked.
"Soon enough. He hasn't fully recovered and he will not be moving out of this room until I see that he has fully healed." Aragorn said.

Gilly shook her head. “Fate has brought us to where we are, sir elf,” she said her voice soft and gentle, “There is something we hobbits have done to cause all of this. Perhaps twas Bilbo Baggin’s fault when he went away with a wizard, Gandalf, and dwarves. I was not born then, but my father spoke of it. He remembers the time well. It seems that from then on there has been much trouble.” She shook her head and peered off into the distance. “Perhaps it would be good to turn back. I don’ want to be away from Master Merry for such a long time.”

A small frown crossed his face and then a slight mischievous look crossed his face as he closed his eyes. “I know that I am ill, Strider,” Merry whispered. His voice was weak and raspy. Slowly, Merry tried to wrap his blanket tighter around him. Oh, how cold he was, yet sweat still formed on his pasty face. Weakly, Merry opened his eyes, but through his glassy eyes, he saw only dim shapes. His mind drifted off to thoughts that were confused and muddled from fever. “You could, Pip,” Merry mumbled sleepily.
Pippin sighed. He knew he could live without Merry, but he didn't want to.
Aragorn turned to Pippin. "Get those other blankets for Merry." Aragorn said as he pointed to the bundle on the chair.
Pippin walked over, picked them up, and handed them to Aragorn. Aragorn placed them on top of Merry. "If you begin to get too warm just tell me or push off the blankets." Aragorn said. He was still worried about Merry; he still had to pull through the sickness.

Legolas agreed with Gilly, it was time to go. Something was not right he could feel it.
He spurred his horse to a gallop; he made sure Gilly was close to him.
As he road, he heard the sound again, it sounded like metal clashing with metal. Legolas turned and looked in the direction of the sound. He saw far off goblins fighting with a single person.
"Gilly, you will have to go back to Edoras on your own. Someone is in danger." Legolas said. Then he turned his horse and raced in the direction of the fighting.

The goblins seemed to have heard Legolas coming and fled, leaving the person they were fighting on the ground.
Legolas dismounted before the horse had come to a complete stop and ran over to the figure. "No." Legolas whispered. It was his cousin, Nethwen Estel. She had many bad wounds. There was one cut that went from her temples to her chin. Her body was battered badly. "Nethwen, please speak to me." Legolas begged. Tears rolled down his fair face.
Then Legolas picked her up and took her on his horse. She still had life in her, but she was wounded badly, and he suspected she had lost much blood.
He gave the horse a kick and it lurched forward. "We must reach Edoras with all speed." Legolas whispered.

Merry still shivered, even with all of the blankets atop him. Slowly he nodded and closed his eyes. “Don’ tell anyone I can’t see please,” he whispered, his mind drifting to the face of Cora, “Gilly an’ Cora don’ need to know. ‘T would break their hearts.” His voice grew softer and softer as he spoke.

“Be careful,” Gilly said as she rode back to the safety of the castle. She hopped down off her pony and hurried inside. Before going to the sick room, she peered out the window. In the distance, a mass of people marched towards the castle. There were nary 20,000 creatures. Who they were, she could not tell.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email