Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: fána en' seere, dolen caure - Veil of Peace, Hidden Fear - No More People
on: February 05, 2007 03:48
Nathron was grateful to have Mirelwen beside him, once again. He duckeda sword and stabbed out.

"I have been attempting to do so. I can not find anybody. But it is worse then you can think..." He punched an orc in the face, the stabbed the foul creature. "There is one...leading the goblins, a wildman. I ran into him on my way here. It is because of him that I was wounded. Those men in the chamber were his guards. He has to much power, I fear." Nathron fought like he would never see the day again. He ducked, parried, stabbed, and all but flew over his enemy.

Garek had watched silently the battle for a while. It was going well, everything and everryone was in comfusion. He smiled, his luitenant might be dead but he was, like everything else here, replacable.

Garek quietly walked and sat on a roof to watch the battle, waiting for the right moment to show himself. He concealed himself so that not even the eyes of those misrerable, hated, elves could spot him. But then again, they were all to obsessed with their battle.

Garek smiled, yes it was a good day today.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: fána en' seere, dolen caure - Veil of Peace, Hidden Fear - No More People
on: February 05, 2007 12:58
The sun stood high on the sky as the black mare skidded to a halt on a hill overlooking the city, nearly tossing its rider out of the saddle. Záhovar grunted. The scent of smoke, blood and battle filled the air, and the area below the hill was in complete disarray. There were dead bodies everywhere, and even more still living. Goblins. And mountain-bred orcs too, from the look of it.

Záhovar's ears caught a creaking sound from behind. Nagîthas spun around, and an arrow whistled past, only inches from Záhovar's chin. at the end of the slope stood a small group of goblins. One of them held a bow. Nagîthas reared, fighting the reins in her attempts to reach the insolent beasts that dared threaten her mistress.
"Are you going to fight me?" Záhovar asked them. They were obviously not prepared to be questioned like that, especially since they were too busy babbling amongst themselves to fight back as she charged.

The black blood was still dripping from Záhovar's sword and from the front of Nagîthas's breast plate as they turned and went back up the hill again. This time she did not stop to watch the view, instead she turned Nagîthas left to try to find some one who could inform her of what was going on. After all, mere goblins and orcs could not have managed to gather a force of this size on their own.

She didn't bother to hide, as there were no one who could reach her with an arrow this far off. She spotted some tiny creatures on the battlefield far off in front of her who did not look like orcs. Rohirrim perhaps? Although they seemed to move to smoothly to be humans. But there were no elves left in the west, they all left for the sea when the war was lost. At least that was the news that had Reached Záhovar's ears.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2007 03:12
Nathron fought with a fury that betrayed his usual calm contenance. He angrily pushed back at the orcs and goblins, glad that Mirelwen was beside him. Nathron was tiring. His leg burned, and the wounds he had obtained earlier hurt as well.

He bit through the pain and simply fought; becoming the sword that he weilded. It was not until later that he saw a figure fighting near to them. She was not so near that he could call out to her, but he figured that she must know how much help they were in need of.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2007 09:29
MIrelwen fought hard and vengfully, without mercy and with deep hatred for these foul beasts. She saw Nathron and he seemed to be in pain, but he was hiding it. So, I see that we have another thing in common, neither wishes to admit to injuries that hinder us. She smiled briefly and then her face went back to battle mode, she did not even flinch when a blade grazed her shoulder. She saw the goblin, who was slightly disturbed at her lack of acknowledgement of the wound, and decapitated him and three others in one swing. She saw the other fighting with them, but they were too far away. She only hoped the two wounds she had sustained were not poisoned.
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 09:40
Gilly nodded her head and followed Iswaellen. She grew quiet as she walked and just stared at the ground and she almost ran into the elf when she stopped. “Aragorn,” the hobbit sobbed and shook her head, “Fine – not hurt.” She gasped slightly when she got atop the horse and was relieved to see the castle soon after getting atop the beast.

OOC: JP of Elfmaidenoflorien and I.

BIC: Night had fallen long ago. The battle had been well fought from both sides and yet, both sides had lost many, but Edoras was safe - at least for the time being.

Jastethlien paced in one of the many studies. His blue eyes were furrowed in worry and his forehead was creased in concentration. He ran a hand through his messed up, long hair and then rubbed his hands on his green wool breeches. He looked at the sleeve of the tan shirt he wore - it was torn and dirty - and his shoes were all most worn out from being stabbed at and a few times hit. Finding the long, brown coat he wore confining, Jastethlien took it off and laid it in the embroidered chair by the fireplace.

The elf continued to pace as he waited for Aragorn to come. He thought about the hobbit and shook his head. He remembered him when he was much younger and carefree. It was amazing how much had changed.

Meanwhile in the dungeons, Giodë Dine` looked at Nethwen. "It's all I have. It's the only life I know," she said, "Join or die, elf...that was my choice."

Aragorn was finally able to slip away, he knew he had someone to meet and he would not miss this meeting.
When he came into the study he almost could not recognize the elf that stood in front of him, he seemed so worried. "Elrohir, tell me what news you bring form Rivendell." Aragorn said, revealing the elf's true identity.
Aragorn walked over to Elrohir's side, he could tell that whatever news he brought it was not good news.

Nethwen gasped at what Giodë Dine told her. "I can understand that you had no choice then, but here you do. You could chose to be on our side." Nethwen suggested, but she knew Giodë Dine would just glare at her and probably not answer.
Since the battle had finished Nethwen left the prison, she had no intention of staying down in that damp place for longer than she had to.

Nethwen went into the room where she had left Pippin. She saw the healer rushing about, she wasn't working on Pippin at that time so she went over to see how he was.
He wasn't conscious yet, but his wound had been treated. He had been shot in the shoulder and it looked as if he had a fight with a goblin for he was bruised badly. "Good thing I got you here in time." Nethwen whispered.
After making sure he was alright Nethwen decided to go and find Merry and bring him here so that he would not have to worry about his cousin anymore.

Elrohir placed a finger upon his thin lips and said, “Shh.” He looked around and extinguished all but the small fire in the fireplace. Jastethlien them continued his pace, but stared at Aragorn. Worry and battle had aged his once youthful face. “Lord Aragorn,” he said, dipping into a bow and clasping the king’s hand and kissing it. “Cormamin lindua ele ana cena a mellon,” he said. He looked up at Aragorn with sad eyes. “My father has been killed and so has my brother,” Elrohir said softly, “I was made Lord over Rivendell, but Rivendell has fallen. My people have forsaken me. They believe it is I who killed him. Someone is feeding them this. They are after me. I come to warn you and I seek sanctuary. No one must know that I am here. For now, I am Jastethlien. That name cannot be echoed in these halls.”

In her cell, Dine` watched Nethwen. “Do I? If I do join you, I will be killed by the elves and man, you know that, and the goblins and orcs will do just the same. Come back here and let me show you the consequences!” The half-elf watched Nethwen leave and sighed.

Meanwhile, in a small room that Merry had stumbled into after the battle, there lay the hobbit in the bed - asleep. He was sweaty and dirty and the only wound was the small cut on his shoulder. However, he woke when he heard someone near. He stood and grasped the sword that Jastethlien had given him. He breathed slowly and shallowly.

Cormamin lindua ele: My heart sings to see a friend.

Aragorn felt his heart sink from the sad news he heard. "Elladan and Elrond - gone. This is not good." Aragorn whispered.
Then he looked at Jastethlien. "I will help you in any way I can, someday you will return to Rivendell as it's rightful lord." Aragorn whispered.

Nethwen was surprised that the young hobbit had a sword. "It is me, Nethwen. I've come to take you to see your cousin." Nethwen explained.
Then she took his hand and was about to lead him down the hall, but he insisted that he could walk on his own.

When they arrived in the room Nethwen directed Merry to the bed.
"He is not conscious right now Merry, he was shot in the shoulder and beaten badly but the healer says he will recover in time." Nethwen explained.
Once he was settled Nethwen left, she knew he would want to be alone.

Jastethlien shook his head. He closed his eyes and bowed his head. “How is my sister faring? It has been long since the last I saw her face,” he said. The elf looked up at Aragorn. “I am in your debt, m’ Lord,” Jastethlien said, “I hope that I will be able to return, but with the evil at hand…” He shook his head. “Master Merry has become quite the fighter, Elessar,” Jastethlien said, “I made sure to protect him the best that I could. For one who cannot see, he is quite nimble and fluid. He downed many fiends with both staff and sword.”

In the small room, Merry relaxed and stuffed the sword in his belt. “Oh, hello,” he said, “Do you like my sword? Jastethlien gave it to me. I helped defend Edoras atop his shoulders.” Worry was upon Merry’s face as he heard of Peregrins condition. “He will be all right, won’t he,” Merry asked, touching Pippin’s face carefully. He mapped his cousins face and cried quietly as he did so. “Oh Pip,” Merry whispered feeling for his cousin’s hand and holding it.

Nethwen walked down the hall, she really wasn't sure what to do, so she decided to find out what had happened to Legolas.
When she found him, she saw that he was busy speaking with one of the Rohan leaders so she left him alone and continued walking.

As she walked, her thoughts wandered to the prisoner Giodë Dine.
Nethwen felt that she wasn't so bad and that maybe she could be turned around.
"If Legolas trained her she must have some good in her." Nethwen thought, but then she remembered the goblins and the pain she must have gone through.

Then she came to the stairway that led down to the prison. Nethwen stood there for a minute, trying to decide whether or not to go down and she Giodë Dine again.
"Maybe if I spend time with her I can become her friend." Nethwen whispered.
Nethwen knew this was a ridiculous idea, at this point it would be very hard to sway her and how her that they wanted her on their side.
Finally, Nethwen decided to go down.
When she came into the dark room she found that the dead goblins and guards were still laying on the floor. "I had best get someone to clean up this mess." Nethwen whispered to herself.
Then she looked up and saw Giodë Dine glaring at her. "I'm not coming here to guard you, I just came..." Nethwen faltered, she really wasn't sure why she had come.

Giodë Dine` rolled her eyes and then settled her gaze upon Nethwen. She furrowed her brow and a long strand of red hair came over her gaze. A beam of moon filtered through the window, illuminating her wiry figure.

“You cam because I had asked you too see the consequences. When I was first taken, I tried to escape one too many times. This is what you get for disobeying,” Dine` said. She pulled her shirt up over her head and cast it through the side. Walking to the front of the cell, she turned and pressed her back against the bars. A map of garish, raised scars disfigured her back. She reached behind her through the bars and shoved Nethwen’s hand onto her bare back. “FEEL! Feel the consequences,” She shouted through clenched teeth.

Nethwen wanted to pull away from Giodë Dine but she held her hand and made her stay there.
After a moment she pulled free, she took a step back; she didn't know what to say. "I'm sorry." Nethwen said, it was the only thing she could think of to say.

Aragorn smiled when he heard what Merry had done and how he had fought.
"Yes, he is very strong and determined. I believe that nothing will hold him back." Aragorn said. "I'm sure you are weary and hungry form your journey. I can take you to a room and you can rest while I ask someone to get you something to eat. Unless you have other plans that is." Aragorn said.

Meanwhile in the healers’ room Pippin lay there, still he had not stirred.
He felt his consciousness begin to return, but he felt like his limbs and eyelids were made of lead and therefore he could not move.
He heard Merry speak beside him but he felt too tired to answer.
After a moment he finally gained enough strength to whisper, "Don't worry 'bout me Merry." Then he became quiet again, darkness overwhelmed him and the need for rest sent him into another sleep.

“You said to me that I could choose to be on your side. I cannot. Don’t you see? You say I have a choice – no I don’t,” Giodë Dine` responded. Her voice was harsh and feral.

Stalking over to the other side of the cell, she picked her shirt up and threw it over her head. “Don’t be. Just realize that everything happens at a price and that things are not as easy as you may think.”

“He is not hindered by his malady. Master Meriadoc seems so changed from when he was in Rivendell. I wish to hear what all has happened to him,” Jastethlien said, “That would be wonderful Mellon nin. Rest has not been easy for me in nary a week. Remember, I am Jastethlien and not Elrohir.”

Forgetting for a moment that he was blind, Merry looked down at Pippin’s face, but he did not see anything. “Sush, cousin. You need to rest,” Merry whispered softly. He curled up next to Pippin and rested a hand on his cousin’s chest. Slowly, he began to hum and then sing softly.

“I pray you'll be our eyes, and watch us where we go
And help us to be wise in times when we don't know
Let this be our prayer, when we lose our way
Lead us to the place, guide us with your grace
To a place where we'll be safe
I pray we'll find your light, and hold it in our hearts
When stars go out each night,
Remind us where you are
Let this be our prayer, when shadows fill our day
Help us find a place, guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe
A world where pain and sorrow will be ended
And every heart that's broken will be mended
And we'll remember we are all god's children
Reaching out to touch you
Reaching to the sky
We ask that life be kind, and watch us from above
We hope each soul will find another soul to love
Let this be our prayer, just like every child
Who needs to find a place, guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe
Needs to find a place, guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe…”

Nethwen could not think of anything to say. She knew she was young and still had so much to learn about the pains and sufferings in the world.
"You are an amazing person Giodë Dine, even though you are an enemy." Nethwen whispered.

Aragorn nodded to Jastethlien.
As they walked down the hall to reach the room Aragorn looked at Jastethlien. "You asked about your sister. She is doing very well, she misses her family very much." Aragorn said. "I will have to send her a message of what has happened soon." Aragorn said sadly.
Then they stopped at a door. "Here is your room. I'll go and see if there is any food that I can bring for you." Aragorn said, then he left.

Pippin felt warmth seep into his chest. He could hear someone singing but could not make out what the person was saying.
His consciousness began to come back to him but he almost didn't want to come back because it was so painful.
Pippin felt an aching pain as he began to regain consciousness and he wished that he could fade back into the peaceful darkness where he felt nothing.
"Merry, my whole body aches." Pippin whispered. He knew there was probably nothing to be done about it.

“I am a survivor,” Dine` said simply, “There is nothing amazing about that.” She shrugged and looked out the small window. “This is not my place to be. I am a fighter. I was born into that role. On my first day of training, I was struck by lightning because I came for extra practice. I hit the bulls-eye in the center. I was only 12 years old in human years.”

Jastethlien stopped at the door. “Be wary of what you say in the letter Aragorn. If anyone knows my true identity, then surely I will be assassinated just as my father was,” the elf said, “Suilad.” He bowed and went into the room. Jastethlien glanced around the room. He went to the bed and lay down upon it. Fatigue and soreness ebbed through his whole body. Slowly, he breathed in and stared at the ceiling.

“I know, Pip,” Merry mumbled, “That will go away eventually. Apparently a goblin used you as a rug.” Merry stroked Pippin’s hand as he spoke. “I was scared you know,” he said, “I could not find you. In the middle of the battle, I searched, but an elf named Jastethlien found me. He got me to believe in myself when I was feeling so very hopeless. I fought with my staff and sword atop his shoulders.”

Nethwen nodded. "I know, Legolas has told me a lot about you." Nethwen said.
Then Nethwen just stood there, she didn't know what else to say, there really wasn't anything else.

Aragorn nodded. "I would not let your identity be known." Aragorn assured him, he wasn't even going to send the message right away.
Aragorn soon found some food and took it to Jastethlien.
He opened the door and found him resting.
Aragorn smiled and quietly walked in and placed the food on the table in the room.
Then he left to find Legolas, he had to speak with him about the prisoner for he knew not what to do with her yet. Aragorn also decided that once Jastethlien was awake he would bring Legolas to talk with him as well about Giodë Dine so that he might help with the decision.

Pippin smiled slightly when he heard that Merry had fought, even without his vision. "I'm so proud of you Merry. You've overcome your blindness," Pippin whispered. When he breathed in deeply his ribs would ache, so he breathed slowly. "Do you think there will be more war Merry?" Pippin asked, he wasn't sure he would be able to fight in the next battle if there was going to be one.

“If you are done, elf, you need not stay,” she said, sitting down on the floor and crossing her legs.

Soon after laying down, Jastethlien ‘woke’ feeling quite refreshed, though slightly stuff. Hastily, after finding the food, the elf ate and went to find Aragorn, but instead for Legolas. He backed up, but then decided he might as well ‘introduce’ himself. “Hello, elf-kindred,” he said to him with a slightly bow.

Merry smiled broadly. “It was very particular. I could see in a way through smell, sound, and feel. I felt the fear, heard the arrows shot and swords clashing and smelled the sweat. It was so vivid. You could never imagine quite what a battle is like, until you experience it through the other senses. At first it was terrifying and I didn’t think I would be able too.” When Merry was asked the question, he grew quiet; then slowly he nodded. “Yes, Pip, I do,” he replied.

Meanwhile, Gilly was trying to hide from everyone. She did not wish to be with anybody right then. She had not gone to see Merry after cleaning up. Instead, she hid in a small room with a seat by the window. She stared out of it as tears trickled down her face. She was unaware of someone coming close to the room or she would have stopped weeping and put a brave ‘mask’ on.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 10:01
Mirelwen saw that NAthron's strength was fleeing his body, so she grabbed hold of his arm and dragged him over to a wall that looked solid stone, but there was a door and she grabbed the handle and shoved him in gently. She killed eight more goblins before shutting the door and locking it from the inside, turning the key in the metal lock and putting it in a pocket. " Come on, we have to find someone and tell them what is happening!" She grabbed his arm again and pulled him with her, supporting him incase his leg gave out. They happened to run into two other Elves as the went.
"Lord Aragorn, have you seen him? It is urgent that we speak to him now!" She did not notice the blood on her shirt or the fact that it was runnig down her side and her shoulder. She held on to Nathron, not wanting him to fall or lose balance and she hissed as th adrenaline rush wore off and felt the effects of battle her body had. "Please, we need help. We are greatly outmatched here, I have seen it. We must find him and tell him what we have seen and experienced." Her knives held in one hand were drippin with blood as was Nathron's sword. She looked at the Elves and waited for an answer.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 03:52
Aragorn had been walking around the halls looking for Legolas, but then he heard a faint sobbing coming from somewhere nearby.
Aragorn walked over to a door and quietly pushed open a door and looked in. He saw Gilly crying.
Aragorn walked up to her. "I'm surprised you aren't by Merry's side." Aragorn whispered. Then he noticed something, she was not wearing her brass ring that told what class of work she was in.
Aragorn looked at Gilly. "Is there a reason why you aren't wearing your ring? I don't think you lost it, or I am sure you would be looking everywhere for it." Aragorn said.
"I know how much you care for Merry and how much you love to serve him. I thought that ring was meant to show what class of work you were in, and I thought you were proud of it." Aragorn said, he didn't want to sound mean but he was curious.

Legolas looked at the elf in front of him. He was speaking with someone but he left so that Legolas could speak privately.
"Elrohir." Legolas whispered, he smiled slightly.
He could sense bad news followed Elrohir, or Jastethlien.
Then as he was about to speak with him a woman and another elf came up to them, one of them was very injured.
"Let me take him to the healers." Legolas said. Then he saw that the maiden was wounded also. "You had best come too. Jastethlien, could you help the maiden?" Legolas said.

When they came to the room where the healer was she glared at them when they brought in more. "We have no room!" The healer exclaimed. "Please, they are very injured. I could maybe help with them a little, my friend can help also." Legolas offered, he could see the woman was very tired and had not much patience left.
The healer nodded then walked over to one of the very wounded men.
Legolas laid Nathron down on a bed and took a look at his wound, it was very bad and Legolas grimaced when he saw it.
"This will take a lot of work, I hope you learned something from your father." Legolas whispered.

(I hope this works for you Stella, if there is anything you want me to change I can.)

[Edited on 8/2/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]

[Edited on 8/2/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 04:35
Nathron was loosing himself in the battle, his next move was purely on instinct alone. When Mirelwen pulled him away he could have attacked her without knowing it. But Nathron stayed his hand, weary and to exausted to fight.

" Come on, we have to find someone and tell them what is happening!"

Nathron did not argue. His old wound, which had caused him to have a permanent limp, was only increased by the other wound that he had recieved earlier. He leaned against Mirelwen for a while; but the scent of blood filled his mind, and he saw that there was much blood on his friend as well. He did not know what to do, he could barely think strait.

Nathron was so very grateful when they were found by two other elves. He let himself be helped by the blond elf, grateful that he was finally safe. He felt himself go completely limp as he was laid down on the bed in the healer's room. He wondered how many had lain there and died that night. There was nothing he could do about it, but still it troubled him.

"Suillad, thank you very much, I think that Mirelwen is hurt more then I. My leg shall heal it is not so bad. But we have news...and none of it pleasant." Nathron sat upright and refused to back down.

"Some of these goblins were led by wildmen. Also some wargs. A good number of them serve a wildman cheifton whoes name I know not. He is resposible for a lot of this. I encountered them in the forest, Fangorn, some days ago before the battle began. And I killed one of his luitenants just the other day. He is dangerous, he does not personally engage in battle himself. He leaves it to others to do it for him." Nathron said this in a monotone voice, he was very tired, hungry, and thirsty. But none of it mattered.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2007 03:06
Záhovar cursed silently as her eyes darted across the field, searching for someone in charge. She noticed something moving on the ground in front of her. She dismounted and went over to it. It was an orc, badly wounded, one of the larger breeds. Not a mountain orc; probably a renegade from Mordor, Záhovar guessed. He was pinned to the ground by a Rohirrim spear, and snarled in pain and desperate fury as she approached.

"Skai, sharat!" she muttered. "Who is in charge here?" The orc kept growling, baring its fangs but unable to move. Záhovar sighed, then she opened her cloak to reveal the Eye symbol painted on her chest plate. The orc's face colour went from near black to ashen grey at the sight. She removed her gauntlets next and showed him the marks branded into the back of her hands.
"Shall we try again? Who is in charge?"

The orc began babbling so fast she could not hear what he was saying.
"Takob um!" she barked.
"G-Gríma! But I've ne'er seen 'im. He could.. be up in the city somewhere.. but I don't know where."
"Then you are of no more use to me."
"But-"

Gríma it is,then, Záhovar thought as she mounted again. She had never heard of the name, but it was not an orc's. He could be anything from a rival Officer to a Dunlending trying to make a name for himself.

She examined the gates from a distance, but decided that it was of no use trying to enter through them. It was a weird feeling, she thought, knowing that five years ago she could walk freely among orcs, with them obeying her every commands. Five years ago they would have committed suicide on her command, and now they were a living wall through which she could not pass. All because SOMEHOW the fire-mountain had exploded and most of the Black Land with it.

Záhovar decided to wait, since there was obviously no way in at the moment. She dismounted near a protruding mountain arm, sent Nagîthas to fend for herself in the relative safety of the bigger mountains, and climbed until she reached a flat part of the cliff where she was out of sight from the city. Then she waited.

--------------

Skai, sharat! - damn it, shut up!
Takob um - His name
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2007 04:49
Legolas listened intently to the news Nathron had.
Once he was finished he called to the healer. "Come and get this elf something to eat and drink!" Legolas called. The woman huffed angrily but went to find something.
Then Legolas turned to Jastethlien. "I must go and tell Aragorn about this. We will have to talk later." Legolas said, then he turned and left.

As Legolas raced down the hall he saw Nethwen sitting alone near a window, looking out. Her deep blue eyes had such a sadness in them that he did not understand what could upset her.
"Nethwen, what is wrong?" Legolas asked.
Nethwen looked up at him. "I was talking with Giode Dine." Nethwen said, she bowed her head sadly.
Legolas grabbed her shoulders and looked her over. "She didn't harm you did she?" Legolas asked, he didn't think she would, but one could never know.
"No. We talked. I'm amazed at how terribly one can be treated." Nethwen whispered.
Legolas embraced her. "You still have much to see in the world Nethwen." Legolas whispered.
After a moment Nethwen pulled free. "You have important news, I can tell. You had better go and find Aragorn." Nethwen said, she smiled slightly.
Legolas nodded and headed down the hall.

Meanwhile Pippin was still laying in bed. He was staring up at the ceiling, listening to Merry speaking.
Pippin sighed sadly when he said there would be more battles.
"I guess it will never end." Pippin sighed.
Then he thought back to the peace they had before this sudden outbreak of war. "Remember the day before you were attack by that spider Merry? You took me out on your boat and intended to catch some fish, but we never did." Pippin said, he smiled slightly at the memory.
Then his smile faded. "Now look at us. It's just like the third age again, the end of it anyway." Pippin whispered. He remembered that the end of the third age was when he truely lost all of his carefree happiness when he was thrust into war, something he had never experianced before.
It had been a nightmare and he was never the same again but he would never have wanted to change back time.

(I wasn't going to let Legolas find Aragorn until you post Stella so that Aragorn and Gilly can talk)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2007 03:28
Iswaellen sat on a soft bed in a room somewhere in Meduseld. She sat quietly, staring out the window. It was away from the battle, so it was yet unscarred. A view of a beautiful landscape, only dotted with trees, the sun accenting every bit of it with shadows. Normally, such a sight would catch her breath and she would sit and marvel at it‘s beauty with awe. Now, however, she felt nothing. Being captured by orcs had changed her; she no longer thought of Middle-Earth as beautiful. She thought back to her home of Rivendell, and of Lady Celebrían. She had been captured by orcs and, though rescued by her sons, she suffered from her nightmares. She soon left Middle-Earth, in search of healing in Valinor. Iswaellen silently hope the same fate was not in store for her.

Iswaellen was feeling much better than she did when she arrived. She had rested for a bit, and had something to eat. Her wounds were treated and were healing fine. Even her tattered and dirtied dress and been replaced with a clean, albeit rather plain one. She stood up and walked to the doorway, barely missing running into a hurried healer. Suddenly, she hurried to catch up with the healer. She did not feel like wasting away in the room, and she knew the halls must be severely under-staffed. After explaining to the healer (who was more than glad to find help), she was handed an apron and directed the healing halls. She ran and stopped immediately in the doorway. Iswaellen had never seen anything this bad before. She quickly snapped out of her thoughts and hurried to the nearest patient, busying herself in her work.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 09, 2007 05:26
(Sorry it has been so long! I am a little bit out of the loop and am slightly confused as to what is going on, but I will make this work...and Elfmaiden, I do realize Nethwen is related to Legolas as well.)

Ardinlas was at home. Shadow wove in and out of the enemy like a ghost, his mistress thrusting and slashing with her elven-made sword. Wyndfar hummed contentedly as it pierced orc and goblin skin like a knife through bread. Ardinlas temporarily forgot her mission for Aragorn; besides, he was probably made aware of it by another. A fire began to burn in Ardinlas' eyes, and all she could see in front of her were her enemies. A sea of them swam in front of her, and it was all she could do not to go beserk.

Eventually, her common sense got to the half-elf, and she turned her horse toward Edoras. The great white horse forced his way through the melee, Ardinlas cleaving a path with Wyndfar and leaving a trail of death in her midst. When her rage was up, one was hard-pressed to overcome her. But duty finally called, and Ardinlas was forced to answer.

She made her way to the gates and broke through the battle. Ardinlas wasn't sure where to look, but then someone caught her eye and frantically beckoned to her.

(I will leave this up to anyone.)

-----------------------------------------

Grima sat contentedly in his chair, stroking the carven arm lovingly. Things were going according to plan, no one had found out it was him (at least to his knowledge). Thoughts upon malicious schemes flitted through his mind, the next one more evil than the previous. He was enjoying himself, and all he did was smile at the figure that lay prostrate before him (assuming this is your charrie, minstral) and considered him with a slight smirk.

"What is it you want, my friend?" Grima asked in a condescending tone.

(I am sorry this is really bad, but it is all I could come up with in a short time!!)
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2007 06:36
Garek looked at Grima, smiling maliciously, "But a peice of the action. If you will. A chance to serve you. I am but a humble soldier, and I am required of a great leader to guide my sword to its mark."

Garek said this in all honesty, but of course, he ment that he was the leader, but Grima need not know that.

"I, Garak, give you my sword in allegance with you." Garek bowed to Grima.

OOC: Sorry for the short post.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2007 04:46
ooc: i guess i am late in saying that i will not be able to continue this thread. i am very sorry, and if someone could take over my chars i would appreciate it. thanks for including me in this thread, but now i must formerly say goodbye!
~Stella~
Send Message
on: February 10, 2007 05:47
Jastethlien stared with a wary and worried look in his midnight blue eyes as Mirelwen came near. He shifted his head to one side so that his features would be shielded slightly – veiled and hid. “It has been a while from the last time I, uh, saw him,” Jastethlien said. His voice was soft and husky. He looked the elf up and down and saw the blood drip down her arm. “Speaking with Aragorn can wait, miss. It seems your friend there is not the only one who needs help,” he said. Slightly, Jastethlien chuckled, a dry and humorless chuckle. “Do we not know that, miss? We are in the midst of war,” he said.

The elf glanced at Legolas. His sapphire blue eyes turned icy and his jaw set. “My name is Jastethlien. I am not Elrohir,” he said firmly. When Legolas asked for his assistance, Jastethlien forgot about being called by his true name and began to help the maiden. “Lean on me,” he said as he helped her to the healing room. When the healer began to shout at them, Jastethlien raised a hand in friendship. “Mad’ dam, these people are in need of help. One of them is direly wounded! I will help. I can help. I was trained by the best healer of the elves, Lord Elrond,” he said. His voice became sad as he spoke Elronds name. “Please,” he begged.

Jastethlien looked at Legolas. “I can do it. I was taught well,” Jastethlien said going over to the maiden. He sat down on the bed and cupped her chin in his hand. Gently, Jastethlien stroked the wounded chin. With his other hand, the elf placed a hand directly over the wound. He closed his eyes and began to chant. “ed’ vara en’ correlon larethian, amin naia sina harwa a` falla. E’ ho mela amin yela falla!” Sweat beaded up on his forehead as he chanted. He was breathing hard and laboriously. Wearily, Jastethlien opened his eyes and stared down at the wound, which was closing. “Bring me some athleas,” he commanded in a shaky voice.

His eyes drifted around the room. His gaze settled upon Iswaellen and cocked his head to one side. “You are not fully healed,” he said to her. Jastethlien’s voice was even and nonjudgmental. “Should you not be resting?”

When he heard Nathron speak, the elf looked at him. “I figured that much,” he said, “Rivendell was besieged by goblins and wildmen. Rivendell fell and with it, M-‘ Lord Elrond and his son Elladan were killed.” Jastethlien let his voice grow quiet as he spoke the last word.

Meanwhile, in the small room where female hobbit and King of Gondor spoke, Gilly sat on the bay windows cushion, staring at her work warn hands and weeping. Her dark brown curls were plaited neatly and glistened from being bathed. The dress she wore was foreign and she did not look herself in the pale blue silken dress. Sitting by the window, she looked so small. She listened to Aragorn speak, but did not look up. Finally, when Gilly did, her face showed a mixture of expressions – sadness, fear, and displacement. “Why do you care,” she first said. Her voice was thick and defensive.

“Why should I be there? He has Pippin,” she mumbled half-heartedly. Slowly, the hobbit nodded. A curly strand fell from its plait. “I did not loose it. You are right; those rings do show your class,” Gilly said and stopped speaking, “I took it off when I was captured. I don’t belong to anyone anymore. I belong to no class.” She closed her eyes and put her hands in over her face. Her sobs grew louder. She glanced up for a moment. “I loved that job, but I do not deserve my position. He doesn’t need me. He can take care of himself better then I can take care of him and so can Cora.” Gilly paused. “I was born with my status ring on. It’s gone and I belong nowhere now. I’m an outcast. I cannot get a new one either,” she whispered, “I have disgraced Master Merry.” She burrowed her face back in her hands.

With Pippin, Merry stared blankly straight ahead – never seeing, but well aware of his surroundings. “I suppose it won’t Pip. I used to think that perhaps it would, but when the Shire was attacked with all of those spiders, I knew it never would,” Merry said, “I remember. I think I did catch something though. It was an old basket felled with empty bottles. Do you remember,” he asked - his voice willowy and quiet. Merry breathed out in a slight snort.

“I don’t think things will be the same. They weren’t when the War ended. Actually, I know they won’t be. Even when it’s over, things will be different.” He grew quiet and deep into thought.

Suddenly, panic filled him and he sat bolt upright. “Pippin, where is Gilly,” he asked. His voice was tight and full of fear. “I haven’t heard from her…If anything happened. Oh my…” Merry’s face went red. “Have you seen Cora? Is she alright,” he asked. Merry felt strange inside – slightly sick in fact. He loved Cora, didn’t he? But, why was he asking about Gilly and feeling all sorts of particular feelings?

Translation: ed’ vara en’ correlon larethian, amin naia sina harwa a` falla. E’ ho mela amin yela falla!: By protection of the one I command this wound to heal. In his love I shout ‘heal’!

[Edited on 10/2/2007 by ~Stella~]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2007 06:18
Nathron sat up in bed, dangling his leg over the side, it hurt, yes, but it was none the worse for wear. The limp he had would never go away, but that had not hindered him in battle, or when riding.

Nathron limped over to where Mirelwen and Jastethlien were. He knew that it was Elrohir, just the man's words, his demenor, and a few other subtle hints had told him as much. Nathron was very old, born in the first age he had seen his share of things. And he had lived in Rivendell for a short time. (Well, short for elves) He knew the twins by appearance, and demeanor, though they might not know him.

And Nathron was greatly saddened when he had heard that all but Elrohir had died.

"Will she recover, Jastethlien?" He asked, looking at him curiously.

The lady Eowyn was exausted from dealing with all of the wonded. She had been helping them for many hours, almost two days, in fact. And still there seemed no end in sight. She longed for some proper sleep. But her people were dying, and she would not abandon them for her own petty needs.

She walked quickly to another healing ward, she saw Legolas, Jastethlien (OOC: she does know of him, right? Even if she does not know him as Elrohir) they were tending to two new arrivals, both elves.

Eowyn was amazed at how many elves were actually here. During the third age the only one she had ever seen was Legolas, but now so many had come. She did not completely understand it. She had expected most of them to sail to their home, leave Middle Earth, but clearly a few remained.

She wiped the bloody wound of a soldier, watching the elves out of the corner of her eye. She had always been curious about the first born. They were tall, slender, and extreamly powerful. And despite all this extreamly gentle. They were also the most beautiful people she had ever seen.

When she heard the news the red-haired elf said she looked around.

"This is terrible news, we have to do something. We can not simply stand idely by in the face of so many enemies. But what can we do? Surely Gondor could send us renforcements." Eowyn said as calmy as her exaution would allow.

OOC: I have been given permission by ~Stella~ to play the Lady Eowyn. I hope I do her justice Thanks.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2007 09:27
Aragorn placed his hand on the hobbit's shoulder.
"I'm sure if you went to speak with him, Gilly, he would understand. Why don't we both go and see him?" Aragorn suggested.

Then Legolas raced in. "Aragorn, I have news." Legolas said urgently.
Aragorn nodded and walked out. "What is it?" Aragorn asked.
Legolas explained it as best he could, but he told him it would be a good idea to go and talk with Nathron himself and that he was in the healers room.
Aragorn nodded and walked back into the room where Gilly was.
"Gilly, I'm going to the healers room and I would like you to come with me." Aragorn said, he didn't give her the option to back out.

Nethwen wandered down the halls by herself.
Giode Dine seemed to be haunting her, the scars on her back the anger in her eyes. "And there is nothing I can do to help her." Nethwen sighed.
Nethwen knew that Giode Dine would be an amazing allie, but she would not sway. "I will just have to forget about her. There is nothing I can do." Nethwen assured herself.

Pippin was surprised by Merry's sudden outburst.
"Don't worry Merry, I'm sure she is fine." Pippin said, he tried to calm him down.
When he asked about Cora last Pippin thought that was kind of strange. "I'm sure Cora is alright too." Pippin said.
Then Cora raced in, tears streamed down her face.
"Merry! I'm sorry I was separated from you!" Cora cried.
She sat on the bed beside him. "I got locked in a room during the attack, but I don't know if an enemy or friend locked me in there." Cora said, she smiled slightly.

Then Aragorn and Gilly walked in. "Merry, Gilly wants to talk to you." Aragorn said. When she didn't move Aragorn gave her a push.
Cora watched Merry's face closely, she saw relief wash over him when Gilly walked in.
A twinge of jealously awoke within her.
Why am I thinking like that! Merry loves me! Cora scolded herself.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2007 01:10
Mirelwen watched the Elf that was working on her wounds, and he looked strangely familiar to her. She shrugged it off mentally and sighed, directing her gaze to Nathron. "So, when do you think we should start back out again? We have to still fight, these people need help and I intend to fully offer my services in battle." Her eyes held defiance and stubborness as she spoke, all the while her gaze on Nathron and Jastethilien. She winced slightly as pain ripped through her side, where one of her bleeding wounds were.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2007 02:09
Nathron shook his head at her, a small smile on his lips.

"You have to rest, you are not strong enough yet, to fight let alone get up. Now please, just relax, and save your strength. And if I catch you trying to get up, I'll break both of your legs so that you can't." He smiled, though his words sounded serious. he wasn't, he'd never do that to anyone.

"Legolas has relayed my message?" He asked Jastethlien.

"And you are quite right, lady, we have to do something." Nathron paused, "Lady, do you know of a young girl who lives here, by the name of Aleah."

"I do." Lady Eowyn said after a moments thought, "She is a fine warrior in her own right, why? Do you know her?"

"I do, I brought her here during the war of the ring. I made a promise to her, to visit her here if I could. Could you have her sent here, if she wants to come. Tell her that Nathron is here."

Eowyn looked at Nathron for a moment, then nodded, she told one of the servants to fetch Aleah from her work. After a long moment the servant returned, but he had no one with him.

"The lady Aleah beggs forgivness, but she is helping the wounded and can not leave for a good while. She can see you later on tonight, though."

"Thank you." Nathron said, shutting his eyes for a moment.

OOC: If you want to know more about Aleah, read "Becoming a Ranger" I won't do much with her, just a quick reunion.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: February 10, 2007 04:07
Jastethlien looked at Nathron. His eyes shown in the semi-darkness – glistening like two gems – and his brow furrowed slightly. A small breeze picked up and ruffled a strand of dark auburn hair from the neat side braids he wore. Folding his hands together, the elf rested them on his knee. Though his conductions of himself, his speech and appearance was the same as it had always been, there was something different about him. Behind his sapphire blue eyes was a haunted expression, which aged his young face. From what he had seen, it had affected him greatly. He would never be the same again. “With time,” he replied quietly when asked if the female elf would be all right.

When Eowyn entered, his gaze became fixed with her. He knew that many, if not all, of the elves in here knew who he was, however, he guessed that she did not know. “I believe there are a few who are faithful to the House of the Peredhil. Not many thought,” he said, “If there are any who live, than, I believe they will help. It would be King Aragorns call to have them help. Only he can decide this. Correct?” Jastethlien stopped speaking and let the information seep in.

“You shan’t be leaving for awhile, at least until you are healed up,” he said, “Let me fix that. Lay back and relax.” He looked at the other elf and nodded. “I am sure he has,” Jastethlien reassured him.

Gilly’s body quivered as Aragorn touched her – from fear and tears it did. She looked out the window and watched as the first rays of the moon shone above the land, turning it completely white and eerie looking. “No,” she whispered, “I-I can’t and he can’t do anything, unless I am assigned to any other class. Once I took that ring off, it was the end of me being a slave. Please.”

When Legolas came in, Gilly gulped. She listened and felt saddened. They were loosing. She could not dwell on her thoughts though. Aragorn was forcing her to leave this one peaceful room. She tried to stop. She dug her heals in. However, Aragorn was much stronger than she was and she had to go with him. “Why,” she asked, but got no answer. She tried to pull away with all of her might, but Gilly was stuck – trapped. She had to go.

In the cell, Giodë Dine` stalked the parameters of her cell. She went to the small window and jumped. She grabbed the bar and pushed with all of her strength with her shoulder. She heard a crack and gasped. Biting her lip, she continued to push. Soon, she had dislodged the cell’s bars and she ran through the night. She soon found her goblin camp. “Idiot! Filthy half-bred maggot! You are not of any worth,” the goblin captor shouted. He pulled his whip from his belt along with his sword and began to beat her, first with the whip, then with the flat side of the blade. By the time he had finished, she was bleeding from head to foot, swollen and soul broken. She let out a lone cry and cradled her dislocated arm to her chest. “Gone from my sight! Gone from this tribe,” he shouted and then the band moved out, leaving her there bruised and battered.

“What have I done,” she cried in a wavering voice, “Eru please forgive me. Have I been forsaken?” Giodë felt suddenly very light headed – not only from blood loss and pain, but from her soul trying to leave.

A cold wind swept over the land. A few stray leaves rustled and rolled. The curtains fluttered in the healing room. Everything was deathly still. Jastethlien felt suddenly sick and weak. He grabbed hold of Legolas’ shoulder and closed his eyes. “Do you feel that,” he asked.

In his room, Merry breathed short, shallow breaths. His sightless eyes darted around and he chewed his lip. “I’ve asked of her too much,” he whispered, “Oh, what have I done?” He let out a small sob and then raised his head high when Cora came in. “I am glad that you are safe,” he said, reaching blindly for her hand, “I was atop an elf fighting. It’s all right. It will be all right.

His shoulder’s lifted and a small smile spread on his face. She was alive! Slowly, Merry stood. “I will be back,” Merry promised. He grabbed his seeing staff and walked out of the room with Gilly behind him.

OOC: Would someone care to do a JP with me with plauying Gilly for this scene?

[Edited on 11/2/2007 by ~Stella~]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 10:29
Legolas did feel it, he felt death and pain in the night air.
"I will be back." Legolas said, then he left.

Legolas ran out, he found himself a horse to ride and took off.
He wasn't sure what it was but someone was in great pain, and he had to help.

He rode for a long time, his blue eyes searching left and irght for the person in trouble.
Soon he stumbled upon what used to be a camp, or something. "Goblins." Legolas whispered bitterly.
Then he saw Giode Dine. "Giode Dine!" Legolas called.
He jumped from the horse's back and was at her side in a heart beat.
"Giode Dine, what have they done to you." Legolas whispered sadly.
He looked all over her and everywhere he saw scars and wounds. He knew he did not have much time.

Legolas helped Giode Dine onto the horse and then sped away.

When he came back to Edoras he ran into an empty room holding Giode Dine in his arms. "She escaped and went back to the goblins, as you can see it ended badly." Legolas said as he placed her down. He had brought Aragorn and Jastethlien with him into the room. "Jastethlien, you have great skills of healing as does Aragorn. I ask you both to help my friend." Legolas said. He had brought her into an empty room so that none of the men would be afraid of having a potential enemy loose.

Nethwen had felt the same terrible cold wind and she wondered what it could be.
She went down into the prison and walked until she came to Giode Dine's cell. She gasped when she saw it was empty.

She ran back upstairs and asked where Legolas or Aragorn were, they told her that Legolas had ridden off somewhere and Aragorn was in the healers room.
Nethwen knew this would all be solved because Legolas would find her, so she relaxed and went to her room to rest.

Aragorn smiled when he saw that Merry seemed happy that Gilly was alright, he knew there would be no hard feelings between the two, or at least he hoped.

Pippin smiled when he saw the two hobbit girls were alright.
"Hello Cora, got yourself locked in a closet did you?" Pippin said with a smile.
Cora blushed slightly. "It is nothing to joke about." Cora said.
When she saw Merry walk out with Gilly she became a little upset.
"Merry loves me, doesn't he Pippin?" Cora asked, then suddenly she felt stupid for asking.
Pippin looked at her curiously. "I think he does, but shouldn't you let him tell you that." Pippin said.
Then Pippin laid back down and fell asleep.
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 10:38
Iswaellen watched Jastethlien as he performed the spell. He was very skilled, almost as skilled as Lord Elrond. She herself had never learned many spells, only a few simple ones. She was somewhat startled when he turned to her and spoke. Iwaellen had nearly forgotten about her lash marks and her bandaged leg. “Why rest when there’s work that needs to be done and I have the skills to do it? My wounds have been treated enough, they will heal.” She suddenly wondered if he was not talking physically but spiritually and mentally. Rest would not heal those wounds. The elf looked strangely familiar. Perhaps he was also from Rivendell and she had passed by him once.

She was about to turn to another patient but his words once again caught her attention. Rivendell was besieged by goblins and wildmen. Rivendell fell and with it, M-‘ Lord Elrond and his son Elladan were killed. Her eyes widened in horror and her stomach churned. Tears quickly fell down her face as she quickly sat down for fear of fainting. Rivendell...gone? Elrond and his son...dead? Everything she had truly loved was now lost, there was nothing left for her here. If it weren’t for an army of orcs outside, she would have been preparing to leave for Valinor.

Iswaellen glanced up to ask the stranger more when she felt the cold breeze. She closed her eyes and for a brief moment felt dizzy. She opened her eyes and glanced around. Legolas had rushed out of the room and she had neither the strength nor the will to care about the wind. She sat in silence as she thought about everything she had lost.

[Edited on 11/2/2007 by legolas_luvr]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 10:53
Mirelwen watched everyone around her. She saw Jastethilien leave and some others go down the hallway with a very wounded female. She pushed herself up and went to the window, but collapsed beside it. Her strength was further gone than she had thought, for she had given Nathron soem of her own when supporting him into the palace. She uttered a sigh as she felt herself go into unconciousness.
She thought of all she had done in life adn what she still wanted to do. Her body ached from the wounds and from not enough strength to keep her there. It was a strange feeling, not being able to respond, her limbs stubborn and still. She knew she had put too much of her own strength into Nathron and she felt herself letting go, even with her fighting. Her body was fighting a war, and she felt no change until her mind started to clear a little, but she was still unresponsive and her limbs remained still and stubborn.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 01:43
Nathron noticed Mirelwen, but did not move until he saw her collaps. He moved towards her stiffly and caught her as she slipped to the floor. Nathron carried her back to her bed and covered her gently with a blanket.

"Will she be alright?" The lady Eowyn asked Nathron, a little concerned.

"I think so, she is just exausted. I am called Nathron, fair lady, this is Mirelwen."

"I am Eowyn, it is a pleasure to meet you." Eowyn smiled and Nathron smiled back, he knew the title that went with her name.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 01:48
Jastethlien rubbed his forehead. He was trying to knead the knot and tension away. However, it was not working. “Be careful and wary,” the elf cautioned quietly. He checked the elf he sat near over and saw that there were two other wounds, but neither were horrible or deadly. Pushing himself up off the bed, he went to the cupboard and retrieved a vial and enough gauze to wrap the two wounds. Coming back, he sat the items on the table. “I would use magic to heal your wounds, but I have a feeling my abilities will be needed,” he said as he went to work wrapping the wounds. “There,” he said, “That should suffice. I will check the bondages when the sun has risen.

“Without rest, your body and cannot heal. Without your body fully healed, it cannot go far or with much endurance,” he said to her, “But the mind is just as important to be healed. If not rested, one cannot make sound judgment and act irrationally. I was taught by the best of both spiritual wellness as well as bodily heath.” Jastethlien folded his hands together and rested them on his knees as he had.

“It is very sad news at their deaths. They were much like family to me,” he said forlornly, “They forsake their new king as well. It was horrible. A very sad day in deed this is.” He sighed sadly and looked out the window.

Near the abandoned goblin camp, Giodë Dine lay, almost unconscious, but not quite. She could feel herself slipping further and further form the living life. However, she did not care. She lay upon the cold, hard ground, shivering uncontrollably and gasping. Her face was drawn and pale in the moonlight. Listlessly, her head rolled and she opened her eyes and stared blurrily up at Legolas. “Leave me,” she said – her voice was barely above the sound a mouse made – and momentarily lost all sense of all being. However, she was drawn out of this by severe pain as Legolas moved her. Spastically, Giodë Dine` breathed in – letting her body and mind separate so that the pain would not drive her insane. It was an involuntary reaction and she was not even aware of doing it.

Jastethlien stopped and stared at the half-elf upon the bed. He gasped and stared at Aragorn. “I don’t know if I can heal her, Legolas. My skills are not as good as they could be,” he said, “But I will try.” Jastethlien stepped forward. He rested a hand on her chin. “Let me into her mind,” he said in elven. He let a forlorn cry come from his lips and he drew his hand back. “Her soul is broken besides her body being so damaged. She feels deserted, abandoned. I fear she is far gone.” His brows knit together with worry and he looked at Aragorn. “What are we going to do,” he asked.

Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 02:29
Záhovar had fallen into a near-trance, and she rather felt than saw a tiny rider leaving the city and return after a long while. But the return felt... different. It took a while before she realized what it was - the faint echo of a soul on the edge of breaking. She knew this feeling well. She had been there, and returned on her own accord.

Záhovar shook her head before the memories took hold. She stood and stretched, wincing at the sound of cracking joints. It was too long since she had a proper rest. But she had had enough of sitting idle when interesting things were happening elsewhere. She leaped off the cliff, her ironclad boots scraped the rock as she skidded down to the ground. She sent out a call for Nagîthas - a shril cry, like that of a nazgûl far away - a moment later a similar, more horselike scream echoed against the cliffs as Nagîthas rounded the nearest hill in full speed. The Morgul steed's muzzle was covered with partly dried blood; she had probably been off hunting when Záhovar called her back.

She mounted and turned Nagîthas towards the goblin horde that kept her from entering the city. Now she WOULD get through!
With that thought in mind, she charged.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 04:24
Aragorn looked at Giode Dine with confusing. He had never met someone so broken.
Aragorn walked over to her. "We must do what we can, we can take care of her wounds, the rest is up to her." Aragorn said sadly.
He crushed some Athelas and placed it on the bedside table, the scent flowed through the air and he hoped it might keep her alive.
Aragorn began work immdiately, he did all he could.

Legolas watched quietly. He was losing his friend right before his eyes. "Come back Giode dine, please come back." Legolas called in elvish.
That was all he could do, he continued to talk to her, trying to call her back from the darkness that had enveloped her.

Once Aragorn had cleaned and wrapped most of her wounds he stepped back. "That is all I can do. I'm sorry Legolas, but I don't think she has much life left." Aragorn said, then he walked out to help the other wounded.

Nethwen had been walking down the hall, making her way to the room she had seen Legolas take a wounded person in.
When she opened the door her mouth dropped open.
"What happened?" Nethwen asked, she stood by Legolas.
"I think she returned to the goblins and she found out they did not need her services anymore." Legolas explained sadly.
"Is there anything we can do?" Nethwen asked.
"I-I don't know." Legolas said, he was becoming choked up.
Then he covered his face with his hands and wept quietly.
Nethwen put her arm around his shoulders.
"I'm so sorry." Nethwen whispered.
Then she looked closely at Giode Dine. "She is still alive Legolas, don't give up hope yet. She is strong, she can live if she trys hard enough." Nethwen said.
"Did she ever really want to live Nethwen? Did she ever speak of the joy of being alive. She was never happy, not after the goblins took her and she never wanted to come back to us, now she is lost, wandering in the dark." Legolas whispered the last part.
Nethwen looked at him with surprise. "She is wandering in the dark Legolas, we have to help her find the light. We will be her friend and we have to let her know that." Nethwen said.
Legolas looked at Nethwen, then at Giode Dine.
"You're right, we can't give up yet." Legolas said, he wiped the tears away and looked with determination.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 09:21
Wormtongue looked at the figure in front of him. "I accept your sword, but what exactly can you offer me?" A smile lit his evil face. It was great to be in power. His white hands smoothed the worn wood of the chair again. He imagined it to be Éowyn's marble skin, so soft, so white, so smooth. How it would be to get her on her own...a voice interrupted his thoughts.

Gandûk entered the stone chamber and bowed slightly in preference to his master. "The reinforcements have arrived."

"Good," Wormtongue replied. "And their numbers?"

"Around threescore or so, m'lord. And more to be sure in about a week."

"Good, good. We will overrun them yet."

------------------------------------------------------

Ardinlas dismounted Shadow and made her way towards the person who hailed her. But with her sight still clouded with bloodlust, there was no one. The streets seemed silent, even with the enemy outside the city gates. The importance of finding the king overwhelmed the half-elf, and she stared around wildly. There were more enemies to be expected, but how was he to find out? She knew not where he was.

Ardinlas walked to a commonsquare and glanced around the area. There was no one to be had. Where were they? Was there a reason for her to be here? Aragorn...she had sworn an oath to help him whenever the opportunity presented itself, but how could she honor it when she couldn't find him? Ardinlas felt she owed more to Aragorn than she did to Thranduil.

Ardinlas sighed in disgust. She had no bearings as to where Aragorn should be. Maybe returning to the battlefield was best. It was where she was at home. She let out a whistle, and Shadow came. Mounting him, she cast a last glance around the empty square and charged her horse out of the gates, back into the midst of the enemy.

(I am still not sure how Ardinlas could be incorporated into this...any ideas are welcome!)
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 11:26
Záhovar aimed for the gates as she and Nagîthas crashed into the horde of goblins. The impact nearly threw her out of the saddle, but she managed to hold on. Some of the goblins threw themselves out of the way screaming, but all were not so lucky. Nagîthas cared not; her mission was to get her mistress as close to the goal as possible, at the cost of her own life if need be. They ploughed through the goblins and had almost reached the gates as Záhovar felt their pace slowing down.

Not now! Záhovar cursed soundly as she drew her sword. There were only another fifty meters left! Nagîthas bucked wildly, sending a couple of goblins flying. Záhovar felt something bumping into her left leg, the second after that her sword split the goblin in two. She fought her way towards the gate, using both sword and horse as weapons.

Záhovar and Nagîthas were about fifteen meters away when the gates were suddenly thrown open, and another rider came charging out. 'Elf!' shot through Záhovar's mind before she had time to react, Nagîthas reared in shock and surprise but one of her hind hooves slipped in the blood-covered ground and she came crashing down onto her back, with Záhovar somewhere below. For a moment all was chaos with goblins, weapons, mud, whirling hooves and a screaming horse in the middle of it.

((Hope this is okay Dinenlasse This way, at least our characters are not alone anymore.))

[Edited on 12/2/2007 by Mistah_Finderáva]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 03:26
"I can offer you many things." Said Garak laughing. "I am a commander of men, and goblins, and wargs. You have seen my small but loyal band out there. They can be of great service to you. Also, I am told that I have a way with...aquiring goods that are hard to find. If you are searching for anything I might be able to locate them." Garek grinned maliciously.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 04:13
OOC: JP between elfmaidenoflorien and I.

BIC: Merry walked carefully through the halls. He rested one hand against the wall as he walked and tapped the seeing staff in front of him slowly and surely. Feeling a doorway, Merry stopped. "Anyone in here," he called. When there was no answer, Merry went into the room.

Gilly followed behind. She felt nervous inside, what did he want to talk to her about?
When she was nervous she would usually twist her ring around her finger but it wasn't there so she wrung her hands.
"Merry, I'm sorry. I-I took off the ring." Gilly said. She felt tears begin to well up in her eyes but she tried hard to hold them back.

He felt around the room until there was a chair under his grasp. Slowly, Merry eased himself into it. “Sit,” Merry said. He waited for a moment before continuing. “Why did you do that, Gilly,” he asked her.

Gilly sat down and stared at the ground, she could not look him in the eye.
Then she got up enough courage. "I-I don't know." Gilly started. Then she sat up straight. "Yes, I do. I took it off because I know that I have failed. I don't deserve to be in your service." Gilly said - her voice was weak.
"I wanted to help you Merry, but I didn't even get you here in time. Maybe if I had been a little faster I would have made it here and you wouldn't be blind." Gilly said, a tear rolled down her cheek.

Merry pressed his hands together. He swung his legs as he sat there, listening to Gilly speak. “Failed,” he said slowly. There was a dumbstruck tone to his soft voice, along with a contemplative tone. “You did not fail, Gilly,” he replied, “You did get me here in time. I am alive aren’t I?” Merry blinked and chuckled. “Being blind isn’t so bad. I don’t notice it really. I seem to forget because I can hear and smell so well – I get mental images of everything. Like, I know you’re crying. I smell the salt of the tears and hear the hitch of your voice” Merry stood slowly and maneuvered over to her. He felt her hair, slipped his hand down, and brushed the tear away.

Gilly smiled slightly when he wiped her tear away. "I'm glad you're happy. That's all I want," Gilly said.
Then she looked down at her finger. "But, I still don't have my ring. Aren't you upset at me about that?" Gilly asked, she felt ashamed of herself still.
Then she sat back and looked outside, the dawn was coming through and the sun was rising through the cold darkness.
Gilly felt a shiver run through her body, then she felt warm as the sun rose.
"The sun is such a beautiful thing." Gilly whispered.
Then she suddenly felt sick to her stomach, Merry couldn't see the sun.
How inconsiderate! Gilly thought.
"I'm sorry Merry." Gilly whispered sadly.

Merry nodded. “I can’t say I am fully happy, but I am holding on as best as can be expected with war all around,” he replied. The hobbit thought about the question. “Slightly, shocked is a better way to describe my feelings. Why would you get rid it, Gilly? I don’t know what I can do. I can’t give you another one,” Merry said. His cheeks flush as he thought of one solution, which deep down made him feel warm and fuzzy, but he then pushed the thought away.

Merry maneuvered back to his seat. He breathed in slowly and stretched – stiffness from fighting elf-back seeping into his bones. “My blindness does not hinder me, Gilly. I fought in the battle,” He said. A small chuckle came from between his lips. “Yes, it is, Gilly. It feels so good. It gives me hope,” he replied.

She smiled when she heard him talk of how beautiful the sun was and about his fight on the back of an elf.
Then she looked down at her hands. "I don't know why I did it, I explained it as best I could. I just felt like I didn't deserve to serve you anymore." Gilly said.
Then silence loomed over them, Gilly could not think of anything to say and stayed quiet, waiting for Merry to speak and tell her what he thought of her.
He seemed to be in a good mood, he wasn't mad at her.
Gilly waited, she wondered what would happen, would she have to leave Merry's side and go off as a wandering hobbit?
She knew she wouldn't dare go back to the Shire, she couldn't now.

“We have more pressing matters to worry about that why and what, I suppose,” he said after a long wile. “I think we had best go back to Pip’s room. Cora I am sure is waiting for me,” Merry said. He sounded slightly sad as he spoke her name.

~*~*~

As Aragorn worked upon Giodë Dine`, Jastethlien chanted chant after chant of healing spells that drew the person back and healed the brokenness of the body. “I don’t think I knew anyone could be so broken,” he whispered after finishing his last spell. Wearily, Jastethlien sat down in a chair by her bed.

The elf looked at the half-elf in the bed. “She still has some fight, but it is barely there,” he said to Legolas, “Lord Elrond has healed many and he taught me how to heal, but, I was never prepared for this.” He raked a hand through his hair and brushed it away from his face.

Forsaken – abandoned – by my own and by those who reared me. I have no one. Nothing left in that world. But, something says to me – stay.

Jastethlien stared at Legolas and then Giodë Dine`. “Can I save her? Will I myself perish,” he whispered, “It’s worth a chance. My father would do it.” Hastily and abruptly, the elf stood and strode over to Giodë Dine`. He lay a hand upon her forehead. “You want nothing more than this death. I see it in your eye. But I cannot let you. We have come too far. We have held on too long.
Reach! You cannot let go. You cannot leave me,” He chanted in elven. The world suddenly went black and cold. He felt his body crumple and felt the floor under him.

A ragged breath came from Giodë Dine`. She began to cough and tears streamed down her face.
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 04:47
(Seeing as most of the roleplay is happening in the healing halls, I thought you guys would like to read this http://www.istad.org/tolkien/healingStudy.html. It explains some things about healing in middle-earth and explains A LOT about altheas)

Iswaellen stared at him for a moment. A look of anger suddenly spread over her face. “And why should I take the advice of someone who has no idea of what I’ve been through the last few days?” she said angrily, in Sindarin. “Do you know what it feels like to suffer for days, that you fear the next time you lay down, your spirit will lose hope and leave. Do you know how it feels to learn the only thing that has given you hope has been destroyed and her leaders killed? Don’t tell me I need to rest. To rest would only lead to thinking, and I plan to keep my mind distracted for now, I’ll stop and grieve when the time is right. As for irrational choices, what do those matter? What could I do that could make anything worse? I have lost everything I love. For now though, I will stay here and do my job.” Iswaellen quickly stood up and walked away, into the crowd of healers.

----------------------------------------------------

Iswaellen had watched Legolas bring the half-elf in and once again, watch Jastethlien perform his magic. She overheard the discussion and she too agreed there was not much hope for her survival. However, there was still some left. She quietly walked over towards the group, wiping her hands on her apron (now covered in blood). “Perhaps if I staid by her, I might be able to convince her to fight for survival.” She turned towards Legolas, “You and her have some sort of bond, correct? If you can, please stay here. You seem to be the closest person she has to a loved one, and that may aid in the healing. However, if your abilities are needed elsewhere, I won’t stop you.” She skimmed the half-elf’s body. “My poor child, what have they done to you?” she whispered in elvish.

EDIT: Heh, I think the above post with Jasthelien fainting appeared after I posted mine so, yeah, ignore what i said to him, I edited it out

[Edited on 14/2/2007 by legolas_luvr]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 09:54
"Jastethlien!" Aragorn shouted. He grabbed his friend and held him up as best he could.
"I must take him to somewhere so he can rest, he had used too much energy." Aragorn said, he helped Jastethlien out of the room.

Legolas watched Jastethlien fall and then Aragorn take him to his room.
He listened to what Iswaellen had to say.
"I will not be leaving her side, she is a dear friend." Legolas said.
Nethwen stood in a dark corner nearby, watching all that was happening.
She didn't want to leave yet.
Then a guard rushed into the room. "There is another attack my lord, we need all the leaders to help!" The guard said.
Nethwen looked out and saw the enemy still rushing around, trying to destroy the good.
Legolas hesitated, he didn't want to leave Giode Dine's side.
"I'll go in your place." Nethwen said as she stepped out.
"No." Legolas said simply.
"You need to stay here, you heard what Iswaellen said. Giode Dine needs you." Nethwen said.

Then Giode Dine coughed.
Legolas grabbed her hand. "I'm here Giode Dine, I won't leave you. You are safe." Legolas whispered.
Nethwen smiled and knew this was her que to head out to battle, she knew that Ardinlas was out there as well.

As Nethwen ran down the hall, her weapon ready, she bumped into Aragorn.
"What are you doing?" Aragorn asked.
"Going to take Legolas's place in the fight." Nethwen said.
Aragorn seemed to want to protest but he didn't.

Soon they were both out in the middle of a battle, it was not as big as the first battle had been but it was still going to be a long battle.
Nethwen cut her way over to Ardinlas, but she saw an enemy rushing over to her, Nethwen knew she would not reach her in time.
"Ardinlas!" Nethwen screamed. "Look out! Ardinlas!"

Cora was very happy to see Merry back.
"What took you so long? Pippin fell asleep." Cora asked.
Then she looked over at Pippin, he still hadn't stirred.
"Maybe we should leave him to sleep." Cora suggested, she hoped that Merry might take her away from everyone and talk with her quietly, so that they could be together for a little bit.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 11:24
(Thank you for the opening!!!)

Ardinlas halted Shadow in the midst of battle as she saw another horse fall with a rider beneath it. At the same time she heard a voice hailing her, but the fallen figure demanded her attention. Dismounting quickly but still wielding her sword, she stood over the fallen rider. She would protect both horse and rider until they had gained their footing, and then Ardinlas would find out more about said person as soon as there was a moment.

Foes swarmed around them, intent on cutting down both horses and their riders. Shadow reared up and struck out at a goblin that hefted a halberd over Ardinlas’ head with his powerful front hooves. A gash was cut in the foe’s head, and the half-elf dispatched it with a stab in its eye. Others kept coming, and Ardinlas was hard-pressed to keep a clear circle. An arrow flew past her head and landed in the neck of an orc, but another one found her shoulder. Gritting her teeth, Ardinlas withdrew it and turned on the archer with great fury. Her anger was aroused, but common sense prevailed. They needed to get out of danger until the time was right to continue, and as the figure stood, Ardinlas let her voice be heard.

“Tolo, mellon. Follow me. It doesn’t bode well for us to remain,” she shouted over the melee of battle, pushing back a strand of loose hair; her plait had fallen out of its knot in the midst of battle. Blood stained her white shirt and tunic, and her cloak was torn. Another wound on her sword arm bled slightly through her shirt, and there was a scratch beneath her eye. But other than that, Ardinlas was in good condition, and thankfully, Shadow was unscathed.

Ardinlas mounted Shadow and began to weave a way through the enemy, hacking and hewing at those who dared oppose her and all the while keeping an eye on the rider who followed her slowly. Aragorn would still need to be warned, but with the enemy all around her, there was no way for her to gain entrance after the first failure of finding anyone in the city. She could bide her time; there wasn’t that much of a hurry.

Then, her thoughts turned to the voice she had heard. It had sounded like her kin, and as she looked over her shoulder, she spotted a cousin of her's, Nethwen. "Nethwen!" she cried. "Follow me, and we will talk later!"

------------------------------------------

Wormtongue nodded slowly as if acknowedging Garek. "I suppose I could use your help. Care you to be my second-in-command?" And then kill him and take command over his troops, was the second thought that never came out.

He leaned against the hard back in his chair. "And what goods can you acquire?" he inquired, his red eyes srutinizing Garek.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 03:20
Mirelwen looked around as things came into focus once again. She groaned and sat up, looking at Nathron. "So, when are we to go back to battle? We need to defend this place, they are short handed. What are our plans, for we need to make haste." Her eyes were determined and she would not be swayed from her views. She got up, but nearly fell, due to her lack of strength. She took a vile from her belt and quickly downed the clear liquid, her strength being replaced. She got back up and grabbed her weapons, fastening her quiver to her back and the knives sheathed.
She picked her bow up and looked at him questioningly. "Do you need some of the liquid also, for I have more." she looked at him and then put her cloak on, but took her weapons back off when she realized she had not put her armor on. She groaned in frustration and put her armor on, then her weapons. Once she had her things back on, she stood at the window, watching the attack.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email