Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: fána en' seere, dolen caure - Veil of Peace, Hidden Fear - No More People
on: January 11, 2007 10:35
Aragorn nodded. "I will not tell anyone." Aragorn said. He put another cloth on his forehead. Pippin sighed sadly.
Then his ear twitched, he heard a sound outside. He ran to the window and looked. "Aragorn! Something is coming!" Pippin exclaimed. Aragorn walked over and looked out.
He could see two figures on a grey horse racing to Edoras, and far behind were a great number of creatures, they did not look friendly.
"Pippin, go warn the guards. I believe this is an attack of goblins. Legolas warned me they might attack." Aragorn said urgently.
Pippin nodded then ran out of the room and down the hall. He nearly bumped into Gilly. "Sorry." Pippin said quickly, then he rushed passed her without another word.
He ran out to the guards on the gate. "Goblins are coming! A host of goblins!" Pippin shouted. The guards had already seen them coming. "What are we to do?" One guard asked. Pippin was unsure, he hadn't been given anything else to tell them.
Then the gates opened and Legolas ran through holding onto Nethwen.
Once he had stopped the horse he jumped off. "Who is she?" Pippin asked. "My cousin." Legolas said as he rushed passed him.
Once he was in the sickroom he laid her down and called for Aragorn. Aragorn came in quickly, although he told Legolas that he could not stay long, he would have to watch Merry. Aragorn quickly looked over her. "She is badly wounded, but she is an elf, I think she'll make it through." Aragorn said.

Aragorn stayed in with Nethwen for a while, then came out. Legolas had been waiting outside in the hall. "How is she?" Legolas asked. "Not too good, she lost a lot of blood, but I believe she will make it." Aragorn said. "Is she awake?" Legolas asked. "No, but she has been badly wounded. You need to let her rest. Now tell me, where does your cousin come from." Aragorn asked. "From Lothlorien. She is not too much younger than myself, but she was always my shadow when we were children. I love her with my whole heart and would hate if something terrible happened to her." Legolas said.
Aragorn smiled. "I'm sure she will be fine, but now I must go and see Merry." Aragorn said. Then he walked away.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: fána en' seere, dolen caure - Veil of Peace, Hidden Fear - No More People
on: January 14, 2007 05:57
Cora paced back and forth in the hall, waiting for some news that Merry was better. She turned around to walk into Eowyn.
"Hello, Cora."
"Eowyn! What are you doing out in the hallway?"
"Same as you, I expect, I have nothing to do but worry. Do you want some tea or something? I could get some hot water if you want to take a bath or something?"
"Tea's fine."
"Alright, just come with me then." As they walked along the hallway to get some tea, Cora heard Merry talking to Aragorn. She turned around and ran back to the room, and Eowyn, startled, leaned against the wall to get out of her way. Cora ran into the room to see Aragorn leave.
"Aragorn? I heard Merry talking. How is he?" Aragorn nodded to the bed, wanting her to see for herself. She pushed around him to lean over Merry.
"Merry? Can you hear me?"
"Cora?"
"Oh, Merry! You're speaking again!" Cora's smile broadened, and she gently kissed Merry's forehead, happy he was healing, but knowing he wasn't completely better. Something was wrong. Why wasn't he looking into her eyes as he had always done before?
"Merry? Can you see me?"

[Edited on 1/14/2007 by Aravis17]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2007 03:50
(I am going to post using Mirelwen, she is in the db if you wish to see her profile. I hope it is okay that I join.)
mirelwen was tired she had not slept for a week, and it was showing. She had been doing odd jobs around Meduseld and was going out for a ride on Bruin, when she heard two voices that stopped her, they were old friends and she immediately backtracked and went to talk. She saw Legolas holding Nethwen, whom she had met once that she remembered and then Aragorn who she had watched grow up in Rivendell. She saw all the wounds and was frightened, she was hurt badly.
" Is there anything I can do to help, Estel? If I can, do not hesitate to ask." She used Aragorn's childhood name, and hoped it would not offend him. She wanted to help and save Nethwen's life, she had helped save hers a long time ago. Mirelwen looked around and saw a room with a distraught young female Hobbit in it leaning over a Hobbit whom she new as Merry. He was staring but without seeing, and she had a feeling that he was somehow blind. She focused back at Aragorn and Legolas, who was looking at her in disbelief, since she did not exactly belong here. Mirelwen just turned and started to walk away down the hallway to a room that had a small balcony on it. It was her favorite room being one that she could always slip away and in her mind visit her favorite places in all of Arda, and try to forget those that were not. she reached a tapestry not too far from everyone and looked at it, for it was made beautifully and had many rich colors.

[Edited on 15/1/2007 by Elfalas]
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2007 06:15
(since my first plan fizzled, i'm going to have to get clever :evil: )

Iswaellen watched as the she-elf (Nethwen) rode off nearly as suddenly as appeared. She was so amazed at how she had fought off the wildmen so quickly. She quickly snapped out of her thoughts and gathered all her things and hurried back to the healing halls. She hadn't gotten very far before she heard the noises of a battle in front of her. She stood silently and scanned the horizon, looking for a way to make it back to halls.

Her thoughts were quickly halted as an arrow flew into her leg. As she fell to the ground, wildmen appeared out of trees and from hiding places and quickly bound and gagged her, before she had a chance to even think. They stripped her of all her belongings, including Angor and her bag or herbsA wildman hastily pulled the arrow out and bound the wound before someone painfully pulled her off the ground. She was walked over to a hidden group of other prisoners, bound at the arms and gagged like herself. The wildmen then began marching them away from Mirkwood and towards Isengard.
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
on: January 20, 2007 09:12
OOC: I am introducing a new character. :evil: Welcome Elfalas.

BIC: In the midst of the battalion, a woman clad in a long hunter green coat, brown pants and tan shirt with armored boots and vest stood. In her hand was a bow pulled taught and loaded with an arrow. Her almond shaped eyes were furrowed in concentration. Her long burnt brown hair hung down, yet, peeking through the locks was the tip of a pointed ear. Along her angular jowl were a thin, dark scar and her deep raspberry red lips were pursed in concentration. For years, Giodë Dine` had lived with the goblins. They had become her family. With the shout of, “ghâsh!” the goblins, orcs, wildmen and elf fired their weapons. The battle raged all night and many of each side fell or were wounded in the battle.

Meanwhile, in the healing room, Merry faded between life and death. He heard all, but had no idea what was going on. When Aragorn spoke, Merry sighed and nodded. “Thank-you,” he rasped out, falling into a fitful slumber.

He woke soon after when someone above him spoke. He opened his eyes, but did not see. His brow furrowed and wearily, he sighed. As the being kissed him the hobbit smiled weakly. “In my mind I see you,” he replied in his delirium.

OOC: this is a JP between Elfmainden and myself.

BIC: Three days after the battle of the goblins, Merry's fever finally broke. Those three days had been highly tense in the sickroom. Merry's fever did not ever falter in those three days and his soul had lingered on life and death for that time frame. But, by Eru or by fate, he was destined to live another day.

The dawn of the fourth day, Merry woke. He did not open his eyes, but first surveyed his body. Everything seemed to be functioning and he only hurt in one place, his side where the spider had bit. His skin felt cool, yet sticky and he was quite hungry. Slowly, Merry opened his eyes. All the hobbit saw was shadows, no color, no pure forms, nothing, just gray and black shadows. His eyes widen and Merry chews on his lip nervously.

Pippin had slept in that room with Merry all night. He sat slumped in his chair, but woke when he heard Merry stir. "Aragorn! He's awake!" Pippin exclaimed.
Aragorn stood and rushed over. "The fever has broken, how do you feel?" Aragorn asked.

Legolas sat with Nethwen as she lay on the bed. Her wounds were deep, but they had been healing. Nethwen had not stirred since the day he brought her in.
Legolas was worried that he was losing her. "She is too strong to lose a battle as small as this." Legolas whispered. Then he thought about Merry, and hoped he was getting better. "A good friend and my own cousin, both lay in an almost death like state." Legolas said. A tear rolled down his cheek, he was very worried.

Merry winced as Pippin yelled. A headache was forming. “A little sore,” he whispered, scratching his eyebrow, “I’m also really hungry.” Merry chuckled slightly as he recalled the last time that Aragorn had healed him. He carefully positions himself into a sitting position. The hobbit turned his head in the direction of where he had heard Aragorn’s voice and hoped that no one noticed he could see only shadows. “Would it be all right if I bathe before eating though? I’m quite sticky from sweat,” Merry asked quietly, his cheeks reddening slightly.

Aragorn smiled at Merry. "Of course you can bathe Merry. Pippin you can bring him over to the bath, I'll go get it ready." Aragorn said. He knew that Merry's vision would be a little cloudy right now; he had healed some others with the same fever.

As Aragorn went to ask for some warm water, he stopped and looked to see how Nethwen was. Aragorn sighed, Legolas was still by her side. Aragorn walked over. "She has not stirred yet." Aragorn said. Legolas looked up at Aragorn, his blue eyes were very sad. "Will she wake Aragorn? I did not think she was that wounded." Legolas asked.
"I think she will, she is very strong. She just has to recover." Aragorn said. Then he walked out of the room to fetch the water.

Aragorn came back a few minutes later with the warm water and poured it into a bath. "Pippin, bring Merry over here." Aragorn said.
"Come Merry, you will feel better after this bath." Pippin said as he helped him out of bed.

Merry blinked a few times and smiled. He didn’t know if Aragorn was smiling, but he figured there was a good chance that the man was. “Thank-you,” the hobbit said softly as Aragorn left.

In silence and blindness, Merry sat. What was he going to do? I shan’t tell Pip, Merry thought. “What happened from the time I came here to now? It seemed that there was more activity in the last two days. Did the spiders and goblins attack?”

“Aye, I will,” Merry agreed as he limped over to the bath. He cleared his throat and just stood there. “Would it be all right if I had some privacy while I bathe,” he asked.

"Yes! We had an attack. It was a pretty large attack, but Aragorn thinks there will be another." Pippin said. He tried to think of any other news. "Oh yes, and Legolas's cousin was found not far from here, and she is very badly hurt." Pippin said.

"Of course you can have privacy. Could you go outside Pippin." Aragorn said. Pippin quickly left. Aragorn lingered for a moment. "I know you cannot see very well. I have treated others with your same injury. Your sight should come back, but if you need any help I'll be near." Aragorn said, then he left.

Merry’s unseeing eyes widen. “Oh dear,” Merry said, his face went ashen as he remembered the battles he fought in years ago. He chewed on his lip slightly. “Legolas has a cousin,” he said surprised.

The half-ling bowed his head. “Thank-you,” he said. Merry chuckled humorously. “That’s an understatement Strider. I can’t see anything,” Merry confessed, “Don’t tell Pip whatever you do. I don’t want him to know. It would break his heart. I don’t want anyone else to know either.”

"I won't tell them." Aragorn said before he stepped out.
Aragorn decided to use this time to check up on Legolas again.

"Legolas?" Nethwen whispered. Legolas's head shot up. "You're alright!" Legolas said, he smiled.
"I don't know about alright, I hurt everywhere." Nethwen said. "You got into a bad fight with some goblins." Legolas told her.
"I remember." Nethwen said she winced when she moved slightly. "Why did you come here?" Legolas asked.
"To find you. I want to help you get rid of the goblins." Nethwen said.
"How did you know I was here?" Legolas asked, he was surprised that she knew.
"Thranduil told me where you went." Nethwen said, she smiled slightly.
Then Aragorn walked in. "I see you finally woke up." Aragorn said with a smile. "Nethwen, this is my good friend Aragorn." Legolas said. Nethwen nodded her head. "I'm sure you two want to talk, so I will leave to see how Merry is doing." Aragorn said.

Fumbling, Merry undressed and stepped into the warm waters. Slowly, he lowered himself into the bath. Hissing slightly as the warm water touched his wound, Merry let himself relax. After enjoying the water for a short time, he felt around until he felt the bar of soap. As he scrubbed, Merry began to sing,
“Sing hey! for the bath at close of day
That washes the weary mud away!
A loon is he that will not sing:
O! Water Hot is a noble thing!

O! Sweet is the sound of falling rain,
and the brook that leaps from hill to plain;
but better that rain or rippling streams
is Water Hot that smokes and steams.

O! Water cold we may pour at need
down a thirsty throat and be glad indeed;
but better is Beer, if drink we lack,
and Water Hot poured down the back.

O! Water is fair that leaps on high
in a fountain white beneath the sky;
but never did fountain sound so sweet
as splashing Hot Water with my feet!”
By the time he had finished he song, he was clean, refreshed, and hungrier than ever. Feeling for the towel to dry himself off, Merry stepped out of the tub and began to rub himself dry.

Pippin made himself useful while Merry was having his bath by getting Merry some food. Pippin made sure it was enough to feed a king, afterall Merry was a hobbit and he would be extra hungry.

Pippin knocked on the door before he entered. "I got you some food!" Pippin said. Then he walked in and put it on the bed. "I got all the things that you like and more!" Pippin said. He sat down and watched as Merry ate. He had already eaten while Merry had been taking his bath.

Carefully, Merry took a few steps. He remembered brushing against a chair near the tub. Bending down, the hobbit picked up the clothes and, fumbling put them on. When he was dressed, Merry went back to his bed and sat down. “Thanks, I’m famished,” he said grabbing the first thing on his plate. It was a hunk of dark brown bed. “I haven’t had any of this since I was in Rohan. I can’t believe that Eowyn brought this recipe with her. It’s the only food that she can make properly.” Merry winked and laughed.

Pippin looked at Merry closely, something seemed to be different about him. Pippin just ignored it.
Later Legolas came in. "I see you have recovered." Legolas said with a smile. "Where is Aragorn?" Pippin asked. "He is tending to my cousin right now. He will be back to check later." Legolas said.

Aragorn walked down the hall and went outside. He needed a breath of fresh air. He had been inside caring for Merry and Nethwen all morning. Aragorn smiled, Rohan was very beautiful. He wished he could go off for a ride but he knew Merry and Nethwen would still have to be cared for. "Maybe I can arrange for some healers to watch them while I go out for a ride." Aragorn thought.

Aragorn came back inside and spoke with some of the healers. "I need some time to get outside and wondered if you could watch Merry for me. Also check up on the elven maiden, her wounds are healing fast but she still needs to be looked in on." Aragorn told one of the healers. They could not deny him, and therefore he went out to tack his horse.

Merry overheard Aragorn. He frowned slightly. Merry did not feel that he needed looking for, but he didn’t say anything. When Legolas spoke, he nodded. “Yes,” he said unsure of himself at that moment, “Not completely, but I am healing.”

Finishing the bread, Meriadoc inched his fingers until they brushed the plate. With a shaking hand, he picked the plate up. He picked up the closest food and attentively placed it into his mouth – it was a blueberry. Merry swallowed and then did not take another bite. Instead, he started to sob.

"Merry! What's wrong!" Pippin asked. His eyes widened with worry. Pippin placed his hand on Merry's shoulder, trying to comfort him.

Aragorn had finally tacked up his horse when Legolas walked in. "Mind if I join you?" Legolas asked. "I don't mind. I haven't had a long talk with you in a long time." Aragorn said with a smile.

Soon Legolas and Aragorn were cantering across the plains. "That's where I found Nethwen. I didn't have time to see if there was an encampment." Legolas said as he pointed. "We can look later; I want to relax right now." Aragorn said, he had been working so much, all he wanted was a relaxing ride to get his mind off his worries. Legolas nodded his head, he understood.

Slowly, Merry drew in sharp, gasping breaths. Tears poured down his pasty face as he stared sightless at Pippin. “I can’t see anything Pippin,” Merry whispered, “and I’m scared.” Merry bowed his head as he fingered the plate in his hand. He chewed his lip.

Gilly was wandering the castle. She stopped at the door of Nethwen and entered. “I see you are awake,” she said. Her face was drawn and she looked very tired. The hobbit had scarcely slept since getting here.

Pippin felt fear seep into him. "What do you mean you can't see? Should I get Strider?" Pippin asked. Pippin felt like he wanted to panic, but he didn't want to worry Merry. Pippin felt like crying but held it together.

Nethwen was surprised to see the little hobbit at her door. "Yes, I'm awake." Nethwen said, she could see how tired the hobbit was. "I think you should be getting some sleep." Nethwen said. It looked as if the hobbit would collapse. Nethwen sat up and beckoned the hobbit to come over. "Why don't you sit down and get off your feet." Nethwen said. She could see the worry on the hobbit's face as well. "Are you one of Merry's friends? I heard he was quite ill." Nethwen asked. She didn't know much about the hobbits, but she knew something was wrong and one of them was very sick.

“I mean I am blind. I can’t see a thing. Everything is a shadow,” Merry whispered, “Nay, don’t bother him. He knows anyway. At least, he knows that my sight isn’t as it should be.” Merry scrubbed at the tears, but more fell.

She smiled slightly at the elf, but she kept her guard up. With caution, the hobbit entered and bowed slightly. “I will, when there is time,” she said. For a moment, Gilly just stood there. Her body was stiff. She was unsure if she should enter, but then decided to do so. Gilly inclined her head and sat down on the edge of one of the chairs. Nervously, she fingered the brass ring on her finger. “You could say that I am a friend of Merry’s, miss. He is my master,” she said. Her voice was tight and fearful sounding. “Quite ill, but he is recovering slowly. A giant spider bit him.”

Pippin felt like bursting into tears. "You will see again, won't you? Aragorn can help you, can't he?" Pippin asked. He was desperate. Merry had to see again.

"A spider. Yes, those things can be deadly. I am glad to hear he is recovering." Nethwen said with a smirk. "I would like to meet Merry. Can you show me to his room?" Nethwen asked, she felt well enough to get up and walk.

Aragorn and Legolas rode back to Edoras. It had been nice to ride with no worries for a short time. Then Aragorn walked back to Merry's room. Nothing had happened according to the healer he had put in charge of Merry but he walked in anyway. He was surprised to see Merry crying and Pippin looking extremely worried.
"Aragorn, you must do something. He has to see again!" Pippin exclaimed.
Aragorn walked over. "I was worried this would happen." Aragorn whispered. He knew he would have to tell Merry everything. "Merry, I must be honest with you, sometimes people lose their eyesight to spider bites and it doesn't come back. I have had some patients who lose their eyesight for a short time, then it comes back. And I have had patients who lose their eyesight and it never comes back. I hope you are one of the people who have their eyesight come back but there isn't much I can do." Aragorn explained.
Pippin felt his heart sink, he had hoped Aragorn would somehow get his eyesight back.
"Don't worry Merry, I will do my best. I have a few herbs I can get that may help you, but it depends on how much poisoned you received from the wound, and how long it took to get help." Aragorn said.

“He about died from the bite. Twas a five day journey from Buckland,” Gilly said, sliding off the chair and standing. She nods her head. “Aye, I can. I don’ know whether you’ll be permitted to go in or not. I haven’t been aloud in nary two days,” she said, a slight scowl on her face. The hobbit stood and went to the door. She stopped. “Follow me,” she said, beckoning with her small hand.

The hobbit wiped the tears from his face and no more fell. He hiccoughed slightly as he took a deep breath to steady his nerves. Slowly, he nodded his head. “I know,” was all he could muster. His mind was reeling with all the information Aragorn had told him. He could be blind for the rest of his life. I am not going to let that stop me from doing anything, Merry thought. “How much longer must I stay in the healing houses Aragorn,” the hobbit asked, “I need to get on with my life. I might be blind, but it’s not going to stop me. Gandalf once said, ‘All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.’”

Aragorn smiled at the hobbit, he was a very wise hobbit indeed. "You may get out tomorrow Merry. I'm sure Pippin will be able to help you around." Aragorn said, then he left.

Nethwen smiled at Gilly as she slid out of bed and followed her.
When she came into Merry's room she felt a great sadness in the air. "Suilad, I am Nethwen Estel, Legolas's cousin." Nethwen said with a smile. Pippin looked up and tried to smile, but he felt such pain from the news he had just heard.
Nethwen walked over and sat down near Merry. "You have been wounded badly I heard. I hope you will be feeling well soon." Nethwen said, she knew something was wrong but didn't want to ask.

Legolas went into Nethwen's room, he was surprised to find her gone. Legolas intended on going to find her, but Aragorn stopped him. "I think it is good for her to walk around, get her strength back." Aragorn said. Legolas could tell there was something lingering on his mind. "Is something wrong with Merry?" Legolas asked. "He might not see again." Aragorn said sadly. Legolas bowed his head sadly. "We need not mourn for him, he is not dead. He said he wants to get on with life, we shouldn't hinder him from it." Aragorn said. He smiled again, remembering what Merry had said.

Merry sighed. Tomorrow was the first day of the last of his life. It was a daunting thought, but it enthralled him just the same. He raised his head high as the female elf came into the room. “I have heard of you. Hello. I am Meriadoc Brandybuck, Merry for short,” he said. The hobbit could feel his cousin sulking slightly. “Pip, cheer up. We have company,” Merry said.

He shifted so that he was looking more or less in Nethwen’s direction. “Aye, you could say that,” Merry agree, “I am feeling, well, I don’t know how I am feeling. There were unforeseen complications.” Merry giggled and a smile crossed over his pale face. “Literally,” he said between giggles, “Oh, I am terribly sorry, miss. But I’m just happy to be alive!”

Gilly was pacing the halls. This was her fault. She needed to get some air. She ran out of the castle and breathed deep. Rain was in the air, as was the stench of something. She stopped and peered around.

Pippin smiled slightly at Merry, he was very happy for one who had just received bad news. Nethwen smiled brightly. "I am glad you have such a strong heart Meriadoc. I must go now, but I am sure we shall see each other again." Nethwen said, then she stood and left.

Nethwen wondered where Gilly had run off to, but she didn't bother to go off and find her, she might want to be alone.
Nethwen went around Meduseld, trying to find Legolas. She hadn't really spoken to him since she got here.

"Legolas, there you are!" Nethwen said. "You should be resting." Legolas said. Nethwen smiled. "You sound like a concerned father." Nethwen said. Legolas smirked. "Where has Aragorn gone off to?" Nethwen asked. "I don't know, he said he had some things to do." Legolas answered.

Aragorn was outside, scanning the land. He knew something wasn't quite right. "More goblins?" Aragorn questioned. He was not sure. Goblins were certainly a possibility, but he had hoped they would not come so soon.

She saw Aragorn and went attentively up to him. “There is something in the air. One is rain. The other is foul. But, I don’t know what,” Gilly reported softly.

“I have witnessed many things in my life, ma’am, that are worse then this,” Merry said calmly. He chewed his lip and his stomach growled. “Pip, would you mind telling me where each food is on my plate,” he asked sheepishly.

"I smell it too. It might be more goblins. I knew they were not finished with their attack. I think I will go and warn the guards to be ready." Aragorn said.

Pippin looked at Merry, then at his plate. "There is some meat on the left side of the plate Merry, and some potatoes right next to it." Pippin said. He quickly explained where the rest of the food was.

Legolas and Nethwen stepped outside. Legolas saw Aragorn run off towards the guards at the gate. "Aragorn?" Legolas called.
"I had better go and see what is going on. You stay here." Legolas directed, and then he ran off after Aragorn.

Nethwen sighed. "I'm not that badly injured." She said. Then she saw Gilly and walked over to her. "Something is coming isn't it? That's why Lord Aragorn has run off, to warn the guards." Nethwen said. She looked down at Gilly. "The goblins are very persistent, but I know we can destroy them and send them back to their holes in the mountains." Nethwen said. She smiled slightly. Then she frowned and looked back down at Gilly. "Am I too sure of myself? Everyone says I am, they always say that I can never tell the outcome of a battle." Nethwen said.

Slightly, Gilly nodded. She stood in the plains, watching the scenery around her. It was vast and terrifying to peer at. Her mind was far off, thinking of what had happened and for things to come. When Nethwen spoke to her, Gilly jumped slightly. She closed her eyes tightly and opened them. “Aye,” she said, “Rain and goblins…” Her voice drifted off quietly. “I wouldn’ rightly know how a fight with a goblin was,” she said politely, “I can’ pass judgment, miss. I don’ know you.”

Merry nodded his head. “Thank-you,” he said to his cousin. Cautiously, he picked up a potato and bit into it. “Tell me a story,” he said, “Or sing a song. Anything, please…It’s not the end of the world Pip, that I am blind. I’m still me. That never is going to change. Yes, I could mourn the loss of my sight, but why? What’s the point? I’m still able bodied. I’m alive.”

Pippin smiled at Merry. "A song, let's see." Pippin said while trying to think. "What about that song we sang at the Green Dragon?" Pippin suggested.
Pippin sang the song and danced around the room, he hadn't had much fun since he had arrived.
"How was that Merry?" Pippin said as he sat down and smiled.

Nethwen looked out. Her eyes scanned the land. She saw Aragorn looking around, trying to find out what this was.
Then he ran back towards the Golden Hall. "What is it Lord Aragorn?" Nethwen asked as he raced passed. "More goblins!" Aragorn shouted.
A look of horror passed over Nethwen's face, but it then changed to determination.
"I must go and find Legolas." Nethwen said, then she ran out, trying to see where he had gone.

Soon she found Legolas; he was looking out over the land. Nethwen came up beside him and saw hordes of goblins coming their way. "They are going to hem us in!" Nethwen exclaimed. Legolas was startled slightly, he hadn't noticed her come up. "Yes, that’s what they plan to do." Legolas said.
"What are we going to do?" Nethwen asked. "You will be doing nothing, but we have not planned anything yet for we had not seen them coming until now." Legolas said. Nethwen glared at him with her blue eyes, but then looked back out. "By the time you make a plan it will be too late." Nethwen said.
"You don't need to worry; we will not let them get much closer." Legolas said, and then he turned and walked away.

OOC: Can Legolas know Giodë Dine`?

BIC: Merry laughed as Peregrin sang. His heart felt light and happy. A pleasant smile was upon his face. The food was good and he had good company. “Oh, that was wonderful Pip,” he said after finishing the last morsel on his plate.

Gilly ran through the plains. The goblins, wildmen, orcs and burnt brown haired elf were catching up to her. One of the orcs was near her. The hobbit felt her feet pulled out from under her and she blacked out from hitting the back of her head.

When she woke, she was in the center of the battalion, on the back of an orc who marched near another who had an elf captive.

Aragorn’s soldiers marched and met the enemy. They fired and shot many down. Giodë Dine` fired arrow after arrow, hitting her mark each time. She never fumbled, except for her last shot. That was a mistake. One of the soldiers, Tristan, kit her below the knee, downing her. The man stared at the elf, who glowered up at him, though she held a white handkerchief in defeat. He grabbed her and roughly brought Giodë Dine` into the castle. “Your name, miss,” he kept asking her, but she said nothing. Reaching Legolas and Aragorn, he threw her in front of them. “Good luck, you’ll need it,” He said, “Watch her. She’s dangerous.”
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2007 05:36
OOC: Hey, I've been invited, and so I will use my character, Nathron if it is alright. I'm really happy to have been allowed to join this

IC: He leaned tightly against the neck of the large roan stallion, Ross, his long time companion. His teeth were firmly set as he felt each pounding of the horse's hooves on the ground. A large hedge loomed in front of them, Nathron pushed Ross over it, he could not afford to stop! He had to keep going!

Flashback

Nathron rode through the great forest, the ancient elf felt a great malice, a great hatred, the branches whipped and crackled angrily against each other. The trees groaned and moaned in their places. Nathron, in all of his many years, had rarely been so on edge.

A sudden noise caused him to halt Ross in the horse's steps. The great animal reared as an arrow suddenly flew out at them, hitting the thick trunk of the tree in front of them. Ross screamed a challenge, but in truth Nathron knew that this was not a battle that they should fight.

Out of the trees several dozen goblins and wildmen ran out at the pair. Nathron gave a shout of dismay, drawing his sword. But he knew that this was a loosing battle. The goblins and men charged him and Nathron did the only sensible thing...he fled....right into the midst of another trap.

Nathron swung his long sword low, killing two goblins, he lunged out at a man, knocking him into the fray.

"Elbereth!" He shouted and began to fight in ernest. His blade cutting all about him, killing and driving back his enemy.

Suddenly he was falling, he heard a loud screaming, and everything seemed to have come to a stand still. He tried to cry out but found that his voice was gone. He twisted, rising to his feet, disoriented, everything was a blurr. He parried an oncoming blade, his head was beginning to clear. He saw Ross rising to his feet, the red horse struggled and fought as fiercely as any warrior. Nathron smiled, his red hair had come loose from its tie and flew about him wildly. If he was to die he would not go down without a fight!

Suddenly a branch from a tree fell atop several goblins and men, it left a gap to his horse. Nathron took the chance, though hindered by a limp that he had earned only a few years ago. Nathron grabbed a handful of Ross' mane and swung himself up onto the horse.

"Noro Lim, Ross! Noro Lim!" He shouted, the horse took off without further complaint.

Now

Nathron could see Edoras approaching, the golden hall of Meduseld glinted in the morning light. He silently prasied the Valar, nearly weeping with relief. He had galloped hard for four days strait.

After the goblins and men had learned that he would be a hard to catch quarry they had sent warg riders after him. Nathron had only just managed to kill them all, but he had dared not to stop even so. Now, at the edge of his limits, Nathron could scarcely care less if he were caught. But he knew that he had to go on. Something in his mind kept him going.

He came up to Edoras' great gates. He looked up at the guard.

"What is your buisness here?" The guard asked shortly.

"I...I need....refuge...please...you have to help...me..." Nathron could barely breathe. He could feel beneath him that Ross fared not much better then he, worse if anything. He did not even know if he had been injured in the battle.

Suddenly he felt the knees of his horse go from under him, but it did not regester in the exaused elf's mind. Sleep is good. He thought, his eyes closing as he lay upon the grass before the gates. He vaugely heard some shouting from somewhere but he did not know exactly what the problem was. He was so comfortable for the first time in days, he did not want to awake.

A thick red stain cut across the back of his tunic, and now blood pooled about him on the grass. Nathron could not feel the wound, could not feel anything.

In the forest, Garek was grinning, his broken teeth showed through his filthy lips. His skin was yellowed with the illnesses he had contracted as but a boy, his hair was tangled and unkept. His left eye was missing, compliments of an orc, and his temper as foul as a storm at sea.

He had let the red-haired elf escape. Instead, following him to Edoras, there his scouts were determining the best way to take the city. And now they had returned.

"My lord," Garek liked the sound of that, "We have seen the walls of the city. The best way to approach is from scourging the walls behind Meduseld. If we send the goblins to the front as a diversion we can easily take Meduseld by surprise..." He left the words unfinished because Garek was smiling broadly.

An imposing figure he was, aside from his marred features, he stood at 6'5, he had a heavy, yet slender, build. And he wore heavy chainmail armour.

"Let us be off then, to Edoras!" He shouted to his men, and the goblins that followed. Though by far not the most powerful in Middle Earth he hoped to one day be luitenant. The second in command, after all, then and only then would it be easy to assassinate the supposed 'leader' and he could have the position for himself. Oh, it was so drastically simple that no one would see it coming.

Sure of himself he marched his troops on, day and night. They would reach Edoras soon.

[Edited on 21/1/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 07:24
Legolas looked at this half elf in surprise. "Giode Dine?" Legolas said, his blue eyes were wide with shock. Aragorn looked at Legolas. "You know her?" Aragorn asked.
"Know her! I taught her how to use her bow and she was one of my best pupils, I thought she had died a long time ago." Legolas said, he was very angry but he covered it well.
"What should we do with her?" A guard asked. "Put her in prison, we can't have her getting away." Aragorn said. The guard nodded and led her away. Legolas followed.

"So, what made you join the goblins? What made you turn against your friend?" Legolas asked. She didn't answer. "Giode, they will hurt you if you do not speak, you cannot hide the information they seek forever." Legolas said, he knew she probably wouldn't talk anyway.

(I hope that works for you Stella)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 10:36
mirelwen had watched all that was going on, but no one had asked her to help. So she made her to balcony off of the room that she was staying in, hoping someone would tell her what was going on. It made he very angry when no one would tell her anything. "I wish someone would tell me something, so I at least no what is going on." Then her Elven eyes picked up on movement across the plains. It was a bunch of goblins and many other creatures besides."So that is what is going on." She ran out of her room and down the hallways looking for Aragorn. when she found him she told him what she had seen." My friend, we need to hastily make ready for battle, there are many goblins marching this way, we need to hurry!" She looked into his eyes earnestly, her eyes holding a fire in them that showed she was itching for battle. She was tired of being in this fortress, cooped up. She looked at him and waited for a response. "what are your wishes, I will do everything I can to make battle ready for you, if that is what you wish. I myself am ready for a good fight, I have been idle for far too long." She looked at him and waited patiently.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 02:04
Several of the Rohan guards opened the gates, carrying the old elf, and pushing the weary horse into Edoras. Nathron was barely conciouss.

"We need a healer here!" One of the guards shouted anxiously.

Nathron flinched, hissing slightly, as the man lowered him onto his back. It hurt! Like fire it did. Had he been wounded? Probably, now that he thought of it. But what had his attackers been up to? He had to figure it out, had to tell someone.

Garek grinned, the goblins were taking their places. He ordered his men to begin circling around the city, concealing themselves in the tall golen grass. They slowly made their way around, barely moving. They would attack at night fall. For now, they waited.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2007 10:20
Mirelwen had been walking and she had heard the shouts of the Rohan men. She ran down there, her dark green dress flowing behind her. "What happened? Did you see what happened?" She looked down at the face and saw who it was. She turned him gently over and gasped when she saw his back. "Bruin, tolo." She said the words and Bruin her horse came right to her, geting down so that she could place Nathron on his back. Once he was on, she led his horse to the stables and took Nathron on up to the palace. She brought him inside, but was having trouble. Once she got him to her room, she put him on the bed and immediately started on his back."My lord, what happened? This wound is poisoned possibly. The skin around it is tinged slightly. Do you mind if I use these herbs to heal it? They will sting and itch, but it will draw the poison right out." She had been washing the wound as she talked, and continued talking to him so that his mind would not focus on the slight pain in his back, she knew because the herbs had been used on her many times. "I think you shall live, but be prepared, for I saw something that bodes ill for all who are in Edoras. A host of goblins and other creatures, we need to be ready." She looked at him and went to her clothing chambers and took out her war garb. She went to the bathing room and changed, then back to the room and put all of her weapons on, lastly she braided her hair to keep it out of the way. mirelwen sat on the edge of the bed to check on Nathron, and to see if he would talk to her.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2007 10:44
Nathron did not struggle as he was liften onto the back of the horse, he could vaugely make out the shape of a woman but he could not be certain. He felt, rather then saw, himself being half carried into a room.
Nathron listened to her words, the voice sounded familiar.

"Do what you must," he hissed through gritted teeth. his back felt aflame with agony.

When she mentioned the goblins Nathron tried to rise, but she had already left. He lowered himself back onto the bed. Eventually she returned.

"Mirelwen?" He asked, but her face was blurry, why could he not see well? "You must prepare the defenses, I encountered those goblins in Fangorn...there were many, I do not know exact numbers...but there were men among them. I did not see their leader. They will attack in greater numbers then you can imagine." Nathron looked at her with worry filled eyes. The ancient elf felt the trouble about the lands most keenly.

"Why can I not see well?" He whispered to himself, a little frightened that his sight was failing.

Garek nodded to his men.

"Start sending the goblins in to attack. We'll wear the straw heads down long before nightfall." His second in command nodded, he departed from the gaze of his captain approaching the goblins with ease.

Though he disliked the foul beasts, they prooved useful fodder. He gave a signal and the goblins charged the walls. Cries rang out through the city, warning the inhabitants of the on coming threat.

Garek, watching from a short distance, smiled.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2007 03:29
Mirelwen looked at him when she heard the words from his mouth. She went over to him hurriedly and looked at his eyes closely. "Ai Elbereth. What poison was that? It acts like spider venom. The battle will have to wait. " She crossed the room and went to her pack and got out some herbs. She mixed a few together as a friend had showed her for spider bites. She went back to him and sighed, her eyes sympathetic. "Nathron, I hate to do this mellon-nin, but you will have to drink tihs paste, I am telling you from experience, it is horrible. It makes you want to vomit and makes you shudder, but it works immediately. You have to trust me, without this, your site will flee and you can never get it back. Do you wish to drink it?" Her eyes were filled with tears and they still held sympathy. "It also makes you weak and you cannot move for a few seconds, it paralyzes you. It has also been known to knock out for days, but it does this only to me, so if you are like me, I will have to lock you in a room somewhwere in case the goblins brek our lines. Is this alright with you?" She looked at him again and hoped that the worst did not happen. "I have some tea ready for you, you have to get it down immediately after the paste." She gave him the paste and the tea was in her hands, ready to force to his lips to drink.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2007 05:37
Ki listened to Mirelwen's description of the paste. He swallowed hard, but was quite glad that he had not eaten or drank anything for the last four days. Else, he feared, being sick to one's stomach would not be a rather...pleasant feeling.

He could only nodd, he took the paste in his hands, his eyes could barely make the cup out. He put the cup to his lips, and swallowed the mixture in one gulp. He quickly took the tea, drinking it down just as quickly.

The flavour was horrible! He groaned as he felt his stomach tighten. But there was nothing in it to loose. Nathron could feel himself stiffen as the paralasys set in. His stomach hurt, his back hurt, and his head was pounding as if a thousand horses had been set loose. Nathron felt his body covuldge and shudder rather violently, but he did his best to suppress the horrid feeling.

He suddenly felt his conciousness slipping...he fought for it, despite the fact that he felt positively wretched, he could not speak, could barely breath. He felt cold and hot all at once, as if in a fever. But despite this he managed to stay awake, albiet barely. He could not move one way or another. He felt weak and sick, but he could not sleep, he had not eaten for days, and he feared that if he fell asleep he might not wake again. But in the end he did fall asleep, to exausted to do anything else.

"Ross...look after him." he muttered, his words barely ledgible.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2007 10:43
Nethwen eushed out at the sight of the goblins.
She ran to find Legolas and nearly knocked Pippin over in the process.
"Have you seen Legolas?" Nethwen asked urgently. "No, I'm afraid I have not. Aragorn is down there, he might know where he is." Pippin said, then he raced down to help defend the city.
Nethwen pulled out her curved sword and pushed the goblins back as well. She was wearing her traveling tunic, she had managed to get dressed just as she saw the goblins begin their invasion.
Nethwen continued to worry about Legolas, where could he have gotten to.

Pippin regretted having to leave Merry's side but he knew what had to be done. These goblins would be very dangerous if they got through.
Pippin raced over and stood next to Aragorn. "How is Merry?" Aragorn asked as he chopped off the head of a goblin. "Fine, just as determind as ever." Pippin shouted as he stabbed another.
"Where are they coming from?" Pippin asked. "Someone is sending them, who that is I'm not sure." Aragorn said.
Aragorn looked out acorss the plains, all he could see was a wave of goblins, nothing else.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2007 11:37
The attack was going well, thought Garek as he surveyed the chaos and destruction caused by the foul creatures. He smiled grinly, now was the time to strike. He motioned to his luitenant who whistled in the manner of a bird, the signal to begin moving.

They slowly creaped towards the walls of Edoras, once there several men tied ropes to great grappling hooks salvaged from the wreckage of Isenguard in the quiet of the night. The men threw the ropes as high as they could, the hooks catching on the solid wood.

They crept over the walls, the few guards that were there suddenly found their throat's slit.

"Attack, but get rid of the guards first." He whispered to his men. "Most are still fighting so we should have little trouble." He grinned maliciously.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2007 10:10
"Ai, Elbereth help us!" Mirelwen watched the creatures come over the wall and she grabbed Nathron and dragged him to the floor. She pushed her bed out of the way and grabbed the handle, opening the door. It was hidden perfectly, no one knew except her, for she had found it the first day there. She grabbed Nathron and put him in there, leaving a note and a map, both in Elvish.
Forgive me, mellon-nin, but I did not wish you to be captured in an unconciuos state of mind. I have gone on to fight and leave my personal effects to you for now until I return. If I do not, then give everything to my father, including weapons. I am using Rohirric weapons for now, so mine are with you in this place. The map is to help you leave the city and get somewhere safe. Open the door to your right and follow the passage straight, then open that door and you can go. I have used a little extra wood and metals to strengthen the doors, they were so rotted when I found it that I had stepped on the door and fell through. That is how I founf this place. The way out is simple and you shall escape with your life. I need to go now, but I hope I return, then I shall greet an old friend prperly. Namarie, Mirelwen
She sighed and put the two packs in there with him, one with his own things, and one with her's. She put a blanket down there also and then shut the door,locking the door with the key and putting the key back around her neck. She also pushed her bed back over the door, hiding its position. She grabbed the Rohirric weapons and went down the hallway, warning as many as possible of what she saw. When she reached Aragorn she warned him and then went outside and observed the scenes below, all were different but somewhat chaotic. She whistled for Bruin who came to her and she mounted, stealing to shadows of buildings and behind them, making her way to the entrance of the city.

[Edited on 27/1/2007 by Elfalas]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2007 03:53
Nathron felt rather uncomfortable as he was stuffed into what he figured was a closet. His perception of things was a little distorted. He knew that Mirelwen had stuffed many things in with him. Perhaps her own belongings. He paused to think, he was to weak to fight. To weak to even stand. It reminded him of when he had first injured his leg, in this very place, amazingly. Nathron could only hope that his warning had been recieved.

Garek led his men, killing as many straw heads as he could. He did not stop for women, or for children, they did not matter. All that mattered was his victory. His troops were overwhelming the 'great' hall of Meduseld, they were destroying Edoras, and there was nothing that anyone could do about it.

"Take them all! Leave none alive!" He shouted and a great cheer rose up from his men.

Garek slunk into the shadows, aware that he should not risk his own life. He would wait, and when the time came it would appear as if he had won the battle. When trully, he had let others do it for him. He smiled broadly, his sword still drawn and ready.
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2007 09:42
(ooc: I know my posts have been fairly short so far, but one can only rp by themselves so much. *hinthint*)

Iswaellen stumbled along, still bound. Her once fine clothing was now dirtied and tattered. She was also in very bad shape. She had a deep cut along her right leg, barely anything to eat in days, was dehydrated, fatigued, had whip marks across her back, may or may not have broken rips, and her spirit and moral were steadily falling, something very serious for elves. She had been traveling for days in the company of a few dozen orcs and a few, maybe fifteen, elven captives. She still wasn’t sure why they had been taken, but she assumed it was for slavery, maybe cross-breeding. They were still heading towards Isengard and were in Rohan now, right on the border between Fangorn and Rohan.

“Keep movin’,” yelled an orc behind her, as a whip lashed out at her. She gritted her teeth and bore the pain for two hits. The third, she fell to the ground, partially unconscious. The lashes come at her a few more times, though she did not move, even as one hit her across the face.

“Shoul’ we kill ‘er or carry ‘er along?” the orc asked the nearest leader. The second orc took a moment to examine her, then said, “She’s ‘ood as dead ‘ere. Leave ‘er be, le’ some wol’ take care o’ ‘er.” She heard them walk off and she felt several more orcs kick her and captives step on her before she fell into a coma.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2007 06:49
Nathron opened his eyes, it was still very dark. How long had he been asleep? Where was he? He felt stiff, sore, and cramped. He had to get out of here. He felt about him and found a crack in the wall. He pushed against it, suddenly falling down upon the rug, his balance lost.

Nathron tried to rise to his feet, but found even that task very difficult. Mirelwen, where was she? He looked about, dragging himself to his feet by use of the bed. He was so hungry and thirsty! A sword! A weapon! He needed one.

Nathron looked about the room, finding a letter opener on the desk. He picked it up, his hand shaking with weakness. He pushed through it, he had to find and warn someone! Slowly he stumbled out of the room, being as quiet as he could. Faintly, he could hear the sounds of a battle, and the screams of people. He shut out the sounds, focusing on finding someone.

Nathron was walking when suddenly he heard footsteps. He ducked into a shadow just in time to see five rather large wildmen stalk into the corridor. They seemed warry if pleased of themselves. Nathron recognised them from the forest and hid himself even more.

"The attack is doing very well for Lord Garek." One said.

" I wonder what happened to that elf we ran into, in the forest." Another said.

"Probably bled to death, my blade cut his back, and that was four days ago."

"But he managed to kill the wargs we sent after him."

"Yes, but he would be very weak, and besides, the poison I coated my blade with is very slow and potent. He would not have lasted very long." The man scoffed, "What a weak fool. But he is not the matter at hand, no he is dead and does not matter anymore."

Nathron grinned evilly, he knew the leader was not among them, coward, he thought. He took the letter opener and deftly threw it. The blade imbedded itself into one of the men's throats. He grasped at it before falling to the ground, dead. The others looked at him in shock, and Nathron strod out slightly into the light. Enough to give the men a good scarring.

Nathron smiled wickedly, then retreated into the shadows, vanishing apparently without a trace. The men were baffled, and terrrified. They fled quite quickly, not stopping to think that maybe the elf had survived after all.

Nathron walked out and removed the bloodied knife from the man's throat. He had Mirelwen's sword, he could use it, but he feared that if he did get into close combat that he would not last long. Limping heavily, he made his way ofter the men. He would finish them if no one else.

[Edited on 28/1/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2007 12:25
mirelwen had stopped to hide Bruin in the tunnel she had put NAthron in. Bruin had protested and fought, but he did give in and went. Then Mirelwen ran back to the palace and through the corridors, looking for a familiar face. The one she saw was the one that she wished not to see." What are you doing out of here?! I thought my letter made it very clear to go out the passageway to freedom. Your horse as well as mine are in there, safe and sound. Nathron, why are you out here?"
Her voice softened as she said this last part, but her face held a look of utmost unhappiness, like a mother who has worked hard at keeping a child clean, only to turn him loose and see him covered in mud. She looked at him waiting for an answer, but saw her weapons in a corner lying there where she had left them earlier, even though she had thought they had been left with him in the tunnel. She exchanged them for the Rohirric weapons, but quickly drew one of her daggers, the one with Laurelin on it and she threw it at the man behind Nathron, killing him with his arm poised in the air ready to plunge his knife into his back. She walked around Nathron casually and plucked her knife from his chest, right where the heart was.
As she walked back to Nathron, she stepped right on the man, square on his chest. She looked down with disgust and cleaned her knife off quickly. She sheathed it and turned to Nathron, taking up the conversation from where she had left off. " You know how much pain I have been through, so my heart is pretty much and icy ball, no feelings left hardly for anyone. I myself have had many nights of practice. You can use my Rohirric weapons if you wish. You need to drink this, it is a healing liquid that restores your strength and spirit." She offered him the weapons and the little glass bottle of clear liquid.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2007 02:17
Nathron sighed quietly, so that was what the letter had read. He had given up trying to read as his vision though better was not completely recovered as of yet. Everything had an odd shimmer about it, like when one opened their eyes under water.

He took the Rohan weapons offered, drawing the sword carefully. His arm felt weak, and he could barely find the strength to stand. He was not surprised that he had missed the man creeping up behind him. He accepted the bottle and drank it swiftly, in case it had a bad taste. It did not, and he did begin to feel better. It did not sate his hunger, but his thirst was now dulled.

"The goblins are being led by men. Is anyone in charge of this...army? We must get to them. I ran into these men in Fangorn, they had goblins working for them." nathron said, leaning on a wall.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: January 29, 2007 03:38
OOC: Gilly has been captured and is with your char Legolas_luvr. This is a JP between EMoL and me - this is Part 1! At the bottom, I will add some with Gilly so you will have someone to interact with L_L.

BIC:

She crouched on the cold stone floor. Her fingertips barely touched the stone and Giodë Dine` rested lightly on the tips of her toes. She was scowling at the floor. The elf felt she belonged out there fighting, not trapped in the cell. Her deep red hair hung loose and shined in the dim light. The locks shielded her cold, angular face. In and out, she breathed through her nose and out her full lips. When she heard footsteps, the elf women stood. She crossed her arms over her chest. She was bare of her armor - the guards had taken away her chest plate and armored boots.

For a long time, she said nothing. Giodë Dine` stared at Legolas with a cold, blank expression. "Goblins and orcs aren't so different from you Legolas," she said. Her voice was raspy and not at all soft. "They were once elves." Her upper lip raised in a partial snarl. "I am not afraid of pain," she said, "Pain is part of life!" She shook her head slightly.

She lay in a bed soft and warm. The moonlight filtered into the farmhouse. A human woman sat at her bedside, watching the young elf sleep. Giodë Dine` focused sleepily on the face of her mother. A soft smile was upon her face. She studied the woman in front of her. The half-elf watched the smile fade, replacing with fear as the red haired woman sniffed the air. "Dine` you must run," she cried, scooping the young elf up and hurrying her to the window, "Run! Run as fast as your legs will carry you!"

Slowly a younger Giodë Dine` nodded. Her mother thrust her bow and arrow into her hands as she crawled out of the window. The young half-elf dropped down and ran as fast as she could. Every once in awhile Giodë Dine` would glance behind her. She stopped and watched fire take over her home and the woods around her. Coughing, Giodë Dine` fell into darkness. When she woke, she was in a goblin camp.

Giodë Dine` blinked a few times. "I had no choice," she whispered.

Legolas looked at her; barely any emotion was on his face. "I should have helped you, but I did not know where you were or what had happened. I thought you were dead." Legolas whispered the last part of his sentence.

The fire was smoldering, you could barely breath the air for the smoke would choke you. Legolas walked over to the remains of the house. Tears formed in his eyes.
Then something caught his eye. He bent down and picked up a small leaf shaped pin. "Giodë Dine." Legolas whispered, for the pin was her pin, she had used it to keep her cloak on.
Legolas stood; he placed the pin in a small money pouch. His eyes scanned the land one more time. "Giodë Dine was my best pupil, no one learned as fast as she could. She was so strong, and so young." Legolas said sadly. Then he turned and left the sight of the burning home where he had lost a close friend.

Legolas sighed at these memories. "I wish we could have met again as friends, not enemies." Legolas said. Then he turned and left, he would come back to speak to her later.

Giodë Dine` watched Legolas trudge off in a huff. She chuckled dryly and brushed a strand of her hair away. “It is what you make of people that makes you enemy or friend,” she said, crouching down again.

It was her first day of class with Legolas Greenleaf. Her young, green eyes were wide and fear shown in them. Her father was bent beside her, placing a new hunter green cloak a round her small neck. A smile was upon the rugged elf’s face, crinkling up his merry eyes that sparkled pale like a summer sky. “I am scared Eru,” she said, running a hand over the knee length green tunic dress.
“Do not be, my young Dine`. You will prosper and be fine. It is not always a female gets to train. Be proud,” he said, patting her on the head.

Slowly, Giodë Dine` nodded. She took a deep breath and headed out of her room, glancing at the items that decorated it. She ran all the way to the training area. The young girl stopped and stared at Legolas. Giodë Dine gulped and stood there. She rubbed the tip of her brown boot in the dirt and straightened her brown pants and then the leather belt she wore. Gently, the half-elf tugged at the clasp holding her cloak closed.

Legolas sat alone in his room, feeling so sad. He had lost her.
"I should have continued to search for her. I shouldn't have stopped." Legolas whispered.

Legolas looked over at the young maiden that had just approached. He smiled when she saw that she was quite nervous.
Legolas walked over to her and put his hand on her shoulder. "Are you ready?" Legolas asked. He smiled when she nodded slightly.

Legolas brought her over to the target area. "Ready your bow." Legolas commanded. He watched as she got her bow ready and fired. It did not hit the target.
Legolas went over to her side and showed her how to hold it. "Try now." Legolas said. When she shot, she hit the target. Legolas nodded his approval. "Well done. Now try again." Legolas said.

Legolas sighed. "Evil can change anyone." Legolas whispered.

Her cheeks burned slightly as she missed. She wanted to give up badly, but the young half-elf didn’t. What would her mother and father say? Hastily, though properly, she loaded the bow for a second time. It hit the target, though not quite center. Scowling, the half-elf loaded her bow a third time and it hit dead center. She continued loading the bow and shooting it until all of her arrows were stuck in the center of the target and sweat poured down her face.

Giodë Dine` took in a few ragged breaths. That elf was unsettling her usual calm nerves. “I need out of this place,” she hissed, hitting the wall. Her knuckles bled, but she did care or notice.

Meanwhile, in the goblin troups, she march onwards. Her eyes were wide and filled with fear. Silent tears spilt down her face. Oh, what would happen? Could she ever get out of here alive? Gilly had failed her master. From the start of the attacks, until this moment, she had failed. Wiggling her hand slightly, she felt the brass ring on her finger. Working hard, she slipped it off and dropped it. Her cheeks burned in shame. She was an outcast now - part of no social system. She was not a helper, she was not a peasent, she was not rich. She was nothing. All that was left to her was her name.

She stopped and saw them beat an elf. A small gasp came from her lips. Suddenly, a goblin loomed in front of her. "Geet movin'," he shouted and then kicked her her when she did not move. The hobbit fell onto the ground and cried hard. The sobs shook her body. She looked up when she saw the orcs and goblins march away and she feard being stepped on, but her terror was so great that she could not move.

legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2007 05:59
(ooc: Ah, thank you. btw, what does JP mean?)

BIC: Iswaellen weakly opened her eyes and could barely make out the figure of a hobbit on the ground near her. She could not stand up or even roll over, every part of her body was sore. She realized where they were, and the small chance of survival. They were lost, somewhere near Fangorn. If they didn't starve to death, then goblins from an incoming army would slay them. Though she was thankful that she was not alone.

She stiffly sat up and glanced about. The group was long gone, not a trace left of them but footprints. She looked over at the hobbit again and noticed that she was still laying down. She managed to crawl over to her and mumble, "Are you hurt?" She wasn't quite plentiful on medicines and she was wounded herself, but she could conjure up a temporary fix. She stole a quick glance over her own body. Her back and face stung with whip lashes, her leg burned with an arrow wound and a deep cut, and her head ached with hunger and thirst. Still, she tried not to show it as she aided the she-hobbit.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2007 04:18
OOC: part two of the JP between myself and Stella.

She had come to practice on her own. The young half-elf felt she needed more practice than she had. Giodë Dine` strung her bow and loaded it with an arrow. She could hardly see through the torrents of rain, yet she cared not. Squinting, she fired and blearily, saw it stick in the center. Smiling, she loaded it again, but before she could fire, a bolt of lightning struck just inches from where she stood. The half-elf screamed as she felt the electricity enter her body. She felt numbness and pain. A fire formed around her, though with the rain, it was slowly dying out. However, Giodë Dine` still inhaled a lot of smoke and her clothes became singed and her body covered in ash.

In the morn, she still did not return home. Her father knocked on the door. His green eyes were furrowed in fear and worry. Before hearing a response, the elf stormed into the home. His navy blue coat streamed behind him as he walked. “Legolas! Legolas,” Menehil cried, “Where is she? Where is my daughter?” His eyes blazed and his jaw was set so tightly, it quivered.

Legolas looked at Menehil. "She did not go home? I watched her leave after the lesson." Legolas said this obviously puzzled him.
"Do not worry Menehil, I will go and find her immediately. She probably went back to the training grounds, although I don't know why she would want to practice in the rain,” Legolas said.

Legolas looked around; he almost immediately saw a small figure lying on the ground. He rushed over to her.
"Giodë!" Legolas exclaimed. He quickly picked her up and looked her over.
He could see her clothes had been burned. "Oh Valar, she has been struck by lightning," Legolas whispered. He had heard about the many fatalities by being struck by lightning.
Legolas quickly picked her up and rushed her home.

Legolas slipped his hand into his money pouch without thinking. He was surprised when he felt something smooth in it, and it was not a coin. Legolas pulled out what he had felt it was a brooch. It was Giodë Dine`'s brooch. Legolas smiled slightly. He had completely forgotten about putting it there.

Legolas walked down to where she was being held. He could see she was unhappy to see him. "I thought you might want this." Legolas said. He handed it to her, and then walked away. He didn't think she would want him around.

She stood and looked at Legolas. She then looked at the brooch. “Why do you keep coming back here? Are you trying to torment me,” she asked. Her jaw was set and it quivered. “You are hurting me, Legolas. This place is killing me,” she said, “What do you want me to do or to say?”

Menehil rubbed his tongue against his teeth. He felt range and fear swell in his veins. “No, she did not,” he said with forced calmness, “She knows the dangers of practicing in the rain.” He shook his head. “As soon as you know anything, come get me at the forges,” Menehil said, turning and striding to his job.

Meanwhile, back on the field, Giodë Dine` stirred as Legolas picked her up. She cried out as he touched her. The young half-elf closed her puffy eyes and whimpered. “Legolas,” she murmured. Her hand weakly grasped his shirt. “I’m sorry,” Giodë mumbled softly, “I need…” Her voice faltered and drifted off.

Legolas was hurt by her words and he cringed slightly. "I'm sorry." Legolas whispered. He never wanted to hurt her; he had loved her for so long, she had been like a little sister to him. He always felt very protective of her.
Legolas then turned and strode out of the room and was making it back to his own room when he bumped into Aragorn. "There you are Legolas. I must speak with you." Aragorn said.
Legolas nodded for him to continue. "I want you to question Giodë Dine and see what you can get out of her. We need to find out where the other goblin encampments are." Aragorn said. Legolas was taken aback.
"Why do you think I am the only one capable?" Legolas asked.
"You knew her before, please speak with her." Aragorn said, and then he stood and left.
Legolas sat alone he could not do this. He did not want to hurt her anymore.

"What do you need Giodë Dine?" Legolas asked urgently, but she did not reply.
Legolas quickly ran back to the great cave where all the Mirkwood elves lived.
Legolas took her to a healer. "She has been struck by lightning, I must go now and tell her parents so please take good care of her." Legolas said.
Once she was in safe hands Legolas ran back out into the rain and went to the farm where she lived.
"Menehil! I found Giodë Dine, but she has been struck by lightning. I sent her to the healers, you can come with me and see her there." Legolas said.

Menehil placed the hot iron down. His face turns pale as he hears the news. All of the other elves stop working and stare at Legolas. Slowly, Menehil swallowed and stepped forward. “Take me to her,” he demanded.

Merry felt his way through the halls. He stopped when he heard Aragorn and Legolas speak. As Aragorns voice drifted off, Merry felt his way into the room. “Legolas,” he said, “You must do something you don’t want to, am I right?”

Back in the dungeon, Giodë Dine` looked at the brooch she held. She chewed on her lip and wearily sighed. It had been so long from the last time she had seen it.

Legolas looked at Merry. "Yes." Legolas said simply. He looked down at his feet. "Giodë Dine was my friend, I don't know if she is anymore. I can't interrogate her because I fear that maybe if there was any chance that we might be friends again it would be destroyed if I made her give me answers." Legolas said.

After a moment, Legolas sighed. He got up. "I must go now, Aragorn asked me to speak with her and I cannot deny him, we do need to know what she knows," Legolas said. Then he walked away.

Legolas led Menehil to Giodë Dine. "Has she awakened yet?" Legolas asked the healer.
"I'm afraid not sir, but she doesn't seem to badly injured. I think she will pull through." The healer said.
Legolas asked the healer to leave so that Menehil could have some time alone with his daughter. Legolas looked back once. "She is strong, don't worry." Legolas said, and then he left as well.

Menehil sat down beside his daughter. All of the ash had been cleaned from her and she wore a light nightgown instead of her usually breeches and shirt. She was unscathed except for a long burn on her jaw. Gently, the elf stroked his daughter’s hair and watched her sleep for awhile. Sighing heavily, Menehil stood. “I will be back in a little while,” he said, leaving.

Giodë Dine` heard footsteps. She stood and waited for her visitor. She knew whom it would be. She knew they were afraid of her and viewed her as a traitor, but no one understood. There was only one person brave enough to even face her.

When Legolas saw her he felt a twinge of guilt, but his face did not show any emotion. "I believe you know what information they seek," Legolas said then he took a step closer. "But maybe I should tell you anyway. They want to know where the goblin encampments are." Legolas waited for the answer.

Legolas wandered around outside, he waited for his turn to go in and speak with Giodë Dine.
He smiled when Menehil allowed him in. Legolas walked over and stood by her. He took one of her hands. "Giodë Dine, please wake." Legolas whispered. Then he smiled. "I promise I will not lecture you about the dangers of practicing in the rain, at least not until you are well." Legolas said.
He waited for a response, but none came. A hint of doubt slipped into his mind, but he forced it out. "She's fine, don't worry." Legolas reminded himself.

She shivered slightly and her body lurched involuntarily. Gasping, her eyes open and she sits bolt upright. Fatigue and weakness wash over her and she lowers herself onto the pillow. “Legolas,” she said - her throat cracked and dry, “I needed to practice more, so I make my Eru proud.” Her cheeks burned red and a tear streamed down her young face.

Giodë Dine` scowled at Legolas. “They expect me to tell you,” she said, sighing, “Do honestly think I know where all of the encampments are? Well, I’m sorry to burst their bubble. I know where one is. It’s a five-day march from here, due north and from there, we separated. One group went west, the other east. How far they went, I don’t know. I do know is that Wildmen, Orcs, spiders and wargs are fighting in this battle. Someone is controlling us, though who, I don’t know.” Her accent became thicker and thicker as she spoke. She did not sound as if she were from Mirkwood.

Legolas looked closely at Giodë Dine, he knew she would not know everything but she could be hiding something.
He chose to trust her. "Alright, I trust you. I do not know how wise that is but no matter what you say to me I will always know you as my friend." Legolas said.
He thought it was strange that not even she knew who her leader was.

"Calm down Giodë." Legolas said as he gently laid her back down.
He smirked when she said she wanted to make her Eru happy. "I am proud of you and am glad that you are so diligent, but there should be a limit to your practicing." Legolas said.
Then he placed his hand on her red cheek. "She is burning up. She must have caught a fever from being out in the rain." Legolas said.
He quickly walked out and got a healer to go and tend to her.

“I don’t lie to anyone, Legolas. You know that,” she said in the ancient tongue. In that tongue, one could not speak falsely. Her words were awkward, but still she still pronounced the words correctly, albeit with a thick, strange accent. She cocked her eyebrow and crossed her arms over her chest. “Now that I have told you what they want, when can I leave this prison,” she asked.

She closed her eyes and raised a hand to the scar along her jowl. “I would have been killed if I had not joined them, Hodoer,” she whispered, using the word for ‘wise one’. It had been the name she called Legolas when she was just an elfling.

“I disgraced him, my eru,” she whispered, sucking on the bottom of her lip. Giodë Dine` closed her eyes. She could not bear to look into the eyes of her teacher. “I dis…” she began, but became quiet as Legolas spoke. “How can I not make my family proud if I do not train so much? I am the first,” she whispered. Her mind drifted to off to her shot. “I hit the bull’s-eye,” she murmured.

Meanwhile, above the dungeons, Merry felt his way around. In one hand, he held a long, thin stick, tapping it in front of him before taking a step as he had seen one of the ancient hobbits do. He found this quite queer and difficult. He kept running into things and getting himself turned around, but he finally found who he was looking for. Sniffing, he smiled. “Aragorn,” he said, “See what I found? It helps me feel where things are…sort of. I still run into things.” Merry smiled, though he was facing the wall. “I apologize for the way Gilly acted. She did act quite protective, didn’t she? She has a bit of a time trusting and she’s very protective. Gilly is a good young hobbit though and very diligent,” he said.

Legolas looked at Giode Dine, he felt such sadness when she called him Hodoer, that had been the name she had used for him years ago.
"I do not know when they will free you. You are very much a threat to us Giode Dine." Legolas said. He never thought he would utter those words from his mouth about one he cared about so dearly.

"I am very proud of you. Hitting the bullseye is hard work, and for one so young you have acheived a great task, but now is time for rest." Legolas said.
The healer came in and Legolas left so that she would be able to get well.
"You have a very diligent daughter Menehil, you should be proud." Legolas said with a smile. "I believe she will be someone very important someday, maybe even one of the great heroes that will be sung in songs." Legolas said.
After speaking with Menehil he parted and went to find himself some dry clothes.

Then Legolas took one more look at her. "Muin sell." Legolas whispered as he shook his head. He had said "dear child" in the elvish language. He spoke it as if he had lost someone dear to him, which he had. Then he walked away sadly.

Aragorn smiled at Merry. "I am glad you are getting around now Merry, and don't worry about Gilly. I can understand why she acted that way." Aragorn said with a smile.
After a moment his eyes drifted to Legolas who was walking down the hall, he seemed very sad. "Merry, have you noticed how sad Legolas has been since he arrived? I think it has something to do with our war captive. They used to be friends." Aragorn explained.

Giodë Dine` wearily nodded. She closed her eyes, but did not fall asleep at first. She listened to Legolas speak to her father.
“She tries her best,” Menehil replied, glancing into the room where his daughter lay, “Sevossi worries about Dine` though. She can be stubborn as you know and so very willful. I hope that her path is not led astray.”
The words were muffled and Giodë Dine` did not understand them in her fatigued mind and soon she fell asleep.

Giodë Dine` laughed, but not in a merry tone – it was dry and humorless. “You think I don’t know that,” she said, placing a hand on her hip, “But why? Just because I am of the opposite side? Please. Goblins aren’t as smart as you think they are. But they are far meaner than…than you would ever want to think about.” She moved her hand so that it was under her tunic. She felt the long, raised scars from her training and shuddered slightly. Giodë Dine` gritted her teeth together. She looked at the brooch in her hand and threw it to the ground. She suddenly began to weep and slowly sank to the ground. She brought her legs to her chest and cried.

Meanwhile, Merry turns so that he was facing Aragorn. “Still am getting used to my bearings,” he mumbled, “She takes pride in what she does. She would die to protect me.” Merry pressed her lips together and nodded. “Aye,” he said, “You made him do something he really did not want to do.” Merry fiddled with the cane in his hand. “Have you seen Gilly, Aragorn? She has not seen me well and I am sure she worried to death,” he asked.

Aragorn looked at him, he had not seen Gilly since the battle had started.
"She might have been captured but at this point I am unsure. I must get to Legolas and you must get to safety." Aragorn said, then he rushed off down the hall that led to the prison.

Legolas was walking down the hall, his mind so filled with thoughts he had forgotten about the battle at hand.
Then he saw Aragorn running towards him and he remembered what was happening. "Did you find anything out about the goblins?" Aragorn asked anxiously.
"Not really, but I will tell you what I know." Legolas said. He quickly told him what he knew.
"That isn't much information but at least it's a start. Do you think you can get anything more out of her?" Aragorn asked.
"No, she has told me all she knows." Legolas whispered.
Aragorn put his hand on Legolas's shoulder. "Do you think maybe she is not telling you all she knows." Aragorn said.
Legolas looked up, his eyes burned with anger. "She would not lie to me! She has been loyal to me..." Legolas slowed down then stopped. He sighed. "I did not mean that." Legolas whispered.
"Come Legolas, we have a battle to win." Aragorn said.
Then they both ran out to the battle at hand.

"I am surprised to hear you speak that way about your own daughter Menehil." Legolas said, he wasn't happy that Menehil was speaking evil words like that.
"I must go now. I will be back to check on her tomorrow." Legolas said, then he left.

Merry’s face turned ashen. “I pray that she hasn’t,” he said. Slowly, Merry nodded. He tightened his hold on his staff and walked the halls as fast as he would let himself. He heard the battle go on down below him and he hoped that Gilly was not among the captives. Merry felt the earth shake below his feet. The enemy was approaching. Gulping, Merry hastened his pace. He called out Pippins name every once in awhile. The hobbit was beginning to panic. He couldn’t find his cousin. For the first time since he became blind, Merry felt helpless.

OOC: JP means Joint post.

BIC: When everyone had passed, Gilly looked up. She looked at the elf who had spoken to her. Tears ran down her face and rimmed her eyes. She shook, but did not move from her place. Gilly opened her mouth and all that came out was a tiny, "No." She looked down at the ground and stared at the brass ring embedded into the ground. Her chin trimbled and more tears fell.

Legolas rushed out, his bow in hand. Although he was confronted with a battle his thoughts were still on Giode Dine.
As he ran he tripped but caught himself. He looked down at what he had tripped on. "Pippin!" Legolas cried. He fell to his knees, it looked as if the hobbit had been trampled.
Then someone grabbed the back of his shirt and threw him back.
He quickly sat up and looked into the gruesome face of a goblin.
The goblin picked up Pippin and threw him over its shoulder.
"No!" Legolas shouted. He lunged at the goblin, but it escaped his grasp and the sting of his knife.
He would not lose another friend to the goblins.
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2007 06:00
Iswaellen smiled softly at the hobbit and gently brushed the girl’s hair, her hands still bound. “It’s alright, everything will be alright,” she said quietly. She felt like a hypocrite, offering hope when she had none for herself. She glanced at the horizon, dusk was arriving. She glanced around and found a sharp rock. She crawled over to it and cut the binding’s on her wrists. Weakly standing up, she walked over to a dying bush of berries. Picking the few good ones, she walked back over to the hobbit and held out the small handful of berries, “It’s not much, but eat; it’s good for you.” She placed the berries on the ground next to the hobbit and searched the landscape again. There was no water nearby, and she had no knife, making it near impossible to do any real healing work. “If you can stand up and walk, we need to find water. If you can’t then just lay and rest for a while. I’d go on and look, but I’d rather not leave you alone,” Iswaellen said, sitting back down on the ground. She wondered why leaving her alone would make such a difference, all her weapons were laying somewhere in Mirkwood and she had no way to protect herself or the hobbit. Her stomach churned as she thought back to Mirkwood, then to Rivendell. She hoped there were no armies attacking there. She hated to think of her beautiful homeland being destroyed by goblin forces. Tears fell down her own face as she thought.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 05:35
(Just for the sake of posterity, Ardinlas is familiar with Aragorn, Legolas, and the rest. Also, she is related to Thranduil, but this has already been addressed. If there are any problems with this in the way of other character’s histories, I will edit, especially with the case of Ardinlas’ relation to Thranduil.)

Rohan, normally a placid place in times of peace, but now the stench of the enemy was heavy in the air. The green hills lay covered in masses of goblins and the like, all ugly, all evil, all unwelcome in this land. The sky was beginning to darken, and the night promised to be calm. But all this beauty disguised the tension that lay in the air like a thick cloak. It was like a sour apple; lovely on the outside, rotten at the core.

There was nothing at all placid in the harsh expression of the fire-eyed maiden that surveyed the scene that lay sprawled before her with intense dislike. She hadn’t gone into the main battle as of yet; she was waiting for the opportune moment to strike. From a distance, she had the appearance of an elf. She was slender with a grace not seen by humans. Her ears were pointed, her hands slight. But closer up, one could see there was human in her. She was sturdy, and her gait hadn’t the lilt of an elf’s. Rather, it was heavier, and her demeanor was the solemnity of those who are mortal. Her eyes were as restless as the sea, but in a moment, they could flare up with a fire that quelled hearts. They were a blue-grey green. Her gaze was direct and steady. This was one who feared nothing and no one. Her brown hair was plaited and wound in a knot that lay at the base of her neck. Her clothes were that of a traveler: a white shirt, a brown sleeveless tunic, tan breeches, robust leather boots, and a woodland green cloak clasped at the throat with a silver oak leaf. An amber-studded sword belt hung around her waist. In it was sheathed a blood-red hilted sword and a dagger set with a sapphire pommel stone. An elven bow hung around her shoulder, and a full quiver was on her back. One knew instinctively that this was a warrior, one that could have come full out of the stories.

The horse that stood beside her was awesome in his own way. As white as the moon, he was like his mistress, as light as an elven horse but still had the strength of those in Rohan. He was barrel-chested and tall, his legs strong. His brown eyes were intelligent and expressive. He was just as solemn as the lady that was next to him, but he seemed freer and more restless. One glance at them, and one could tell they were mirror images of each other, both woman and horse.

Both stood at the top of a large rise. The woman muttered to the horse in a low voice, “Na vedui! We have arrived at the right time. I anor hilel, and there they are. Such a beautiful place, and they ruin it. But we shall soon fix that.” The white stallion whinnied and tossed his snowy mane. “Tolo hi. We shall continue to watch their moves.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The maiden went unnoticed by the being that sat atop a Warg, the hideous beast snarling at any others that happened to cross its path. Grima Wormtongue was content; his plans were going according to action. At this precise moment, he was in council with his two most trusted advisors, Gandûk and Rhéthak. His strategy was simple: lay Edoras to siege and wait for it to surrender. Then, he would seize Éowyn, make her his own, kill Aragorn and the other leaders, take captives, and annihilate the rest. Rohan would become his stronghold.
Gandûk, in the middle of the hordes with the other two, voiced his opinion. “Do you think it wise to go against the city like this, sir?” he asked, keeping his eyes to the front.

Wormtongue laughed harshly, sounding like the caw of a crow. “Of course!” he exclaimed, his red eyes gleaming maliciously. “We will win in the end. We have superior numbers.”

Gandûk and Rhéthak, both members of the now-returning Uruk-hai, kept their gazes forward. “It will be as you say, lord,” Rhéthak said, bowing his head and leaving to hassle a contingent of goblins that had fallen out of order.

Gandûk continued. “Edoras will fall eventually, we know that. But why not lead them out here and assault them, and go back and plunder the city while they are engaged with us?”

Wormtongue considered the Uruk, licking his lips hungrily at the thought of the beautiful Shieldmaiden of Rohan. “Because I want them to pay for what they did to me,” he replied, kicking the Warg forward. “The more that die, the better.”

Gandûk shook his head wearily. There was no reasoning with his leader when he was in his vengeful mood.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The lady’s heart began to pound. She wanted to battle, but the time was not right. Aragorn needed to be warned. There were reinforcements of orcs coming, and she had seen them. He was the closest link to her father, and as her father’s daughter, the maiden would help the king as much as was in her power to do so, even if she was related to another king, the king of Mirkwood, Thranduil. “Gurth an glamhoth,” she hissed in Sindarin under her breath as she walked along the top of the ridge. “Gurth a chyth vin!” Her blood was rushing hotly through her veins. Her place was on the battlefield, not as a messenger. But duty to the king came first.

“Tolo hi, Mírlos,” she commanded, mounting him bareback and entwining one hand in his mane. She turned him down the ridge, and skirting the hated enemy, she rode onward at a fast gallop. Her horse, Mírlos (in the elven tongue), or Shadow, as he was better known as, was the colt of Shadowfax, one of the last horses in the Mearas line of Rohan. They claimed lineage to the great horse, Nahar, a far higher line than an elven horse could claim. He was proud, but though he had the spirit of his line, he was far gentler than his fiery brethren. Shadow had been foaled in the North (circumstances unknown), and there his mistress had found him.

Ardinlas, daughter of the Dúnedain Arínar and the Sindarin elf lady Arnedil (sister of Thranduil), was as fierce a warrior as any. Having lived her short life of roughly a century-and-a-half as a wanderer, she knew the lay of the land as well as any. She was skilled in weaponry beyond compare of most men, but the endurance she had inherited as being part-elf had been lessened because of her human father. Both parents had been slain by orcs, and it was because of this Ardinlas had a deep hatred of them and any other enemy. She was fair but not vain. She cared more for battling and traveling than love and things that human women often quarreled over. She didn’t share much in common with elves either other than physical characteristics. Ardinlas was her own person, and nothing could make her change.

Ardinlas kept out of sight as best as she could until she reached another ridge overlooking Edoras. There was no way for her to get inside lest she battled her way through. Making up her mind in an instant, she said almost nonchalantly to Shadow, “Well, if we must get to Aragorn, this might just have to be it.” She withdrew her blood-red hilted sword Wyndfar and nudged her horse forward. Shadow lunged into an explosive gallop and charged down the hill. Both were ready for battle, regardless of any overwhelming odds they faced.

Na vedui!-At last!
I anor hilel-The sun is shining
Tolo hi-Come now
Gurth an glamhoth-Death to the din-horde (orcs)
Gurth a chyth vin!-Death to our foes!
Mírlos-Snowjewel

(As I have said before, I hope this works.)
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 06:29
Nathron limped down the halls as fast as he could manage. Though his vision was mostly returned everything was blurred slightly, distorted. As he paused for a moment he shut his green eyes, hoping to clear them. A little better, but not much. it would probably take the rest of the day for them to heal.

Nathron ran on, driven by urgency. He had to warn somebody that some wild men had breached the city. And that those wildmen held the key to the goblin's attack. He was doing well, he was almost to the doors and from their the stables when suddenly a crushing hand closed about his throat, forcing him against the wall.

Nathron struggled, he squirmed and kicked for his life, he could not brethe very well. He looked at his attacker, through his blurred vision he could tell that this one was human. And from the look of it, he was probably a wildman too. The man laughed.

"Well, well, I seem to recall you. Weren't you the one we found in the forest. You put up a good fight, I must say, but now...just look at you. Weak, and...." He wvaed a gloved hand in front of Nathron's face, "and near blind." Nathron spat in his face, then rammed his knee into the man's groin.

The man groaned and loosened his hold on the ancient elf. Nathron had his rohan sword and this he drew now. He pressed it the the man's throat.

"Who is your leader? Speak!" He demanded calmly.

"Your to late...you'll never win." The man laughed and Nathron grabbed the man's hair roughly, pulling his up and holding the blade against his flesh so tightly that it drew a nick of blood.

"Be that as it may, you will tell me what I want to know." Nathron whispered in the man's ear, placing all of the menace, and hatred into his fair voice. It would have made even a king shudder in fear.

The man began to panic, "No, please, I'll tell you...his name is..." The man never got the chance to answer for an arrow suddenly peirced the man's chest, filling his lungs with blood and killing him.

Nathron hurredly rose to his feet, stubling back. More arrows came through the shadows and he ran, one grazing his face, and another imbedding itself into his leg, the one that was already injured from years ago. The one that caused him to limp. He cursed as he suddenly found himself falling to the ground.

Nathron could not move that dratted leg. He pulled himself to his feet, leaning against the wall for support he pulled the arrow out of his leg. He bit down hard on his tongue, preventing a scream of pain. He had to keep going. He looked at the arrow, sniffed it, and discovered faint traces of poison. Of what type he did not know.

I have to hurry. He told himself. Nathron managed to get to the stables. He saw his own horse there, Ross, he was resting but did not seem to have fully recovered. He grabbed a stable hand by the shoulder.

"Please, I need a fast horse." He said, his breahting laboured.

The boy nodded in his surprise, and ran to get one. He brought forth a rather large grey horse. And Nathron accepted the mare. She would do for now. Nathron climbed onto her bare back and rode as fast as he could to try and find where the King was. He knew the general direction but he could only hope that he did not wander to far off course.

Garek lowered his bow as the elf ran. He would not persue him, there was no point. The black poison would kill him soon enough. And if it didn't, well, Garek would just have to deal with that when he came to it. He smirked, the great hall was there.

He opened the doors, coming across Grima Wormtongue. He bowed his head to the man. As much as he loathed it.

"Greetings my lord. Garek at your service." He smiled evilly.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 11:17
(((OOC Hi everyone! Hope you don't mind me joining. My character is in the db, but here's a short background:

Záhovar was an elf of Eregion who got caught by Sauron during the Dark Years in the Second Age. Tortured for countless years, she broke and turned to serve the Dark Lord until his final fall. In the Third Age she served as an officer in the army, and led the force that conquered Cair Andros during the war. After Sauron's fall her mind was freed from His grip, but she held onto her past and there is no doubt on which side she serves now - her own. She met Aragorn briefly when he traveled in the East lands, and her only meeting with Legolas was when he put an arrow in her back after the battle of Pelennor had been won.

Hope it's okay for me to use this character. I won't play hardcore, so please don't kill her at first sight Also, Záhovar speaks Black Speech, anytime she uses it there will be a translation at the bottom of the post)))

The black rider waited long before moving over the Entwade into Westemnet, carefully making sure that there were no guards on the opposite riverbank. The late night was silent, the rider's sensitive ears and the fear of being discovered turned every sound into a thunderclap in her mind. At least there was no moon, that gave her a little shelter from prying eyes. It was foolish maybe, to venture this far into enemy lands - never mind the "peace", she knew well that there was only one way out for one discovered bearing the mark of the Eye.

Záhovar shook the grim thoughts out of her head and spurred the horse onward. The large Morgul steed snorted in contempt, but moved into a slow gallop, taking the worn Westfold road towards Edoras. She had heard rumours that there was going to be an attack on the city, and a lone wanderer she had caught a couple of hours earlier had screamed something about wildmen before he died. She did not know why she was drawn there; she did not care more for the wildmen than any other weaklings of the west.

They kept the slow pace for an hour or more. The few farms they passed were dark, some of them were empty and shut. Then, seemingly without warning, her black mare leaped off the road (nearly throwing her mistress out of the saddle) and dashed up behind a cliff. Záhovar dismounted.
"Ur pôtat? Zaur vosh, Nagîthas?" she whispered into the horse's ear.

It appeared to be a small group of Rohirrim. She stayed out of the way until they were well out of sight and hearing range. Then she spurred Nagîthas, and they dashed off towards Edoras.

----------

Ur pôtat? Zaur vosh, Nagîthas? - What comes? Which way, Nagîthas?
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 11:40
Legolas pursued the goblin that had taken Pippin.
Finally Legolas stopped and fired an arrow, the goblin fell.

Legolas ran over to Pippin and pulled him out of the goblin's dead hold. "Pippin? Pippin are you alright?" Legolas tried to wake him but to no avail.
Legolas knew he had to get him out of danger but there wasn't any way he could get back to the Golden Hall.

Then Leoglas saw Nethwen fighting not far away. "Nethwen! Tolo si!" Leoglas called.
Nethwen heard his voice and raced over. She gasped when she saw the injured hobbit. "Get him to Meduseld now, and get yourself to safety as well." Legolas said as he handed Pippin to her.
"I will take him there but I want to come back." Nethwen said stubbornly.
"We do not have time to fight about this, swear to me that you will stay." Legolas said firmly.
Nethwen sighed. "Gweston." She whispered.
Then an arrow flew over their heads, barely missing them.
"Drego!" Legolas shouted. Then he stood and began to fight.

Nethwen raced to Meduseld.
Once she was inside she saw that inside the hall wasn't much safer.
She ran to Merry's room and found no one in the room.
Nethwen went out and found a healer.
" He has been wounded but I do not know how or when. I must go now." Nethwen said as she laid him on the bed.

Nethwen rushed down to the prison, where Giode Dine was being held. Nethwen thought that maybe the enemy would try to get her out.
Nethwen decided that if she could not go back out to the battle she would keep an eye on the prisoner.

Nethwen rushed down and ran to the cell. She looked in and saw Giode Dine was still in the prison.
Nethwen nodded then sat on the ground to catch her breath.

Legolas continued to fight. The goblins seemed to never end.
Then Leoglas looked out across the plains from where he stood he could see it and with his elven vision he could see very far.
He saw someone out there. "Ardinlas!" Leoglas whispered.
"I thought Nethwen would be the only one I had to watch out for." Legolas sighed.

(incase you idn't know Dinenlasse, Nethwen is Legolas's cousin)

[Edited on 4/2/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 12:43
His way was blocked! Nathron could make out the forms of dozens of orcs and goblins. The grey horse beneath him reared up in lust, screaming her challenge to the fould beasts. Nathron could no more hold on to the horse, and he felt himself begin to slide off of her back.

The horse seemed to sense something was amiss as the goblins and orcs charged, for she bolted as fast as she could, carrying her latest master far away from the evil. Nathron growled, the pain in his leg spreading. He stopped the grey horse and looked at the wound.

He saw that the arrow had poisoned the blood there. He had no supplies, nothing. He let himself slid off the horse's back he found a small cluster of athelas after some searching and used it to clense the wound. Tightly wrapping the plant to the exposed wound with some fabric.

He had to get help. The only thing left was to return to Edoras. He could not go foreward, all the exits were blocked. He was quite pleased to discover that his eye site was returned by now. Though things were still a bit hazey. He got back onto the grey horse and rode back towards Edoras.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: February 04, 2007 07:53
OOC: This is a keeper please.

BIC:

Merry maneuvered through the halls. He saw nothing but darkness. However, he could feel everything going on around him. He could feel the beings pass by and the tension in the air. Merry could smell the sweat, blood and who knows what else, which made him cough. Merry heard the clash of metal and twang of bowstrings and the hiss of arrows as the sailed above and around him. “Pippin,” he cried. His voice hoarse from all of the yelling he had done.Where is he, Meriadoc wondered. Fear gripped his heart and a small sob uttered slightly from his parched, parted lips. Bowing his head low, Merry prayed to whoever was above him. Please protect my cousin in this time of war.

“Small one,” called a male voice that cut through the battlefield. Before Meriadoc could turn to, blindly, face the being, he felt a hand tightly grip his shoulder. “This is no place for the likes of yourself,” said the man, “I cannot get you to safety, but I can protect you if ye will stay atop my shoulders.”

Nodding, Merry set his jaw. A look of determination was upon his face. Then, puzzlement crossed his face. “I can’t fight. I can’t see. I’m useless to you,” he said, “Who are you exactly?”
A bark-like laugh came from the man. “Hobbit, you say you cannot see, well you are wrong! Tell me now what is going on here. Hurry, fore there is little time,” the solider said, “My name is Jastethlien of Rivendell.”

An elf, Merry thought. His jaw dropped slightly, but in haste, he closed it. Tell him what you hear, smell and feel. Describe the scene, he reminded himself. Taking a deep breath, he slowly began. “There is battle of man, elf, orc and goblins. There is much fear, death, and tension in the air. Many beasts, fair-folk and man are dead or dieing,” Merry explained. He stopped and gasped. As he spoke, the images of battle filled his mind as if he were fully able to see. “Both fiend and ally fight with bow and arrow and swords,” Merry finished. His voice drifted off as he gulped.

“You can see. You might be blind, but you are not deaf,” Jastethlien said, “You are not useless! Here!” The elf shoved a sword into Merry’s free hand. “Pay attention to your surroundings and you will succeed,” he advised as he swung him onto his back, “hold on with your knees. Use your see-staff and the sword.”

Merry nodded and gulped. Being atop the elf’s shoulders reminded him of the time he spent with Treebeard. Now is not the time to be thinking of the past. There’s a battle to be fought, Merry chided himself. Taking a soothing breath in and then a second one out, Merry cleared his mind of everything and just listened to the battle around. Breathing in, Merry smelt the smells – the good people had a different smell than the fiends, who smelled of rotting meat. Coughing slightly, Merry smelled the enemy approaching. He jabbed and felt the blade stick into something and then he heard a hiss. Merry pulled the sword out and there was the dull sound as the foe fell. An evil laugh came from his right. Merry swung his walking stick and hit the goblin on the temple, but just as he swung his staff, the goblin slashed Merry’s arm.

“Are you OK,” Jastethlien asked. His voice rang with worry for Merry. He turned and decapitated an orc and then stabbed another in the stomach.

“Yes,” Merry said. He gritted his teeth and continued to flight. Stabbing and hitting whenever he heard a foe come close. He rarely missed – finding that even without being able to see, he was well aware of his surroundings. However, Merry almost hit and stabbed a few of the allies, but Jastethlien stopped him in time.

Meanwhile, in forests far from Merry and the battle, Gilly sat, sobbing. She felt a tender touch, but recoiled in fear. Slowly, she looked up and wiped her eyes. Slowly, she shook her head. The hobbit opened her mouth, but no words came out. She stared at her chaffed wrists and vaguely wondered how her ties had been severed.

When Iswaellen dropped a few berries in front of her, she picked them up. They were foreign to Gilly’s eyes, but she was hungry. Timidly, she bit into the pink and red berry and made a face. It was very bitter. Her stomach churned as she thought about her situation and of Merry. She was homeless and without a place. Gilly felt bile rise and hastily, she bent and threw up. After she finished retching, Gilly felt considerably better. “I can stand,” Gilly rasped out and to prove her point, she stood, albeit slightly shakily, “I am no weak, hobbit tween.” A scowl was on her face and a determined look was in her eye.

A small, thin woman flitted about the room. She was caring for as many people she could. The woman was usually calm and collected, but this was too much for the woman. Strands of her blond hair had come from the simple braid. A basket of herbs and salves and cloths was in her hands. Sweat was beaded on her pale skin and her dress of rusty orange was rumpled and bedraggled. The green sash she wore usually tied perfectly was askew and her brown boots were scuffed and splattered in blood. “Oh, you can’t bring me another one! This room is too full,” she cried, but Nethwen did not seem to hear her. Betheonia, the healer, sighed and went to tend to Pippin.

Meanwhile, in the dungeons, Giodë Dine` paced her cell, listening to the battle above her. She should be there. That is her place – not locked in a cage. Her eyes flash with frustration and anger and her head swung slightly. Her red hair swung freely around her. Suddenly, she stopped and stared at Nethwen. “Were you sent by Legolas to guard me,” she asked, “I don’t guarding. You think that your enemy will come and rescue me? It’s all beings for themselves.”

[Edited on 4/2/2007 by ~Stella~]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2007 09:38
(I edited my last post, I think Pippin might have been shot or something like that. I will certainly bring Aragorn in)

Aragorn had followed after the people who had been captured, he had watched the people being taken away helplessly, but he had seen two get away and followed them swiftly.
"I've come to help you." Aragorn said as he revealed himself to the elf and the young hobbit.
"Have any of you been injured badly?" Aragorn asked.
Once he had received an answer he nodded.
"We have to get out of here, I'm afraid I only brought one horse with me, if one of you wants to ride back that is fine." Aragorn said.

Meanwhile back at the battle Legolas was fighting hard.
Every once in a while he would look out to see if Ardinlas had made any move to come up to Edoras, but she sat there as of trying to see what they were up against.
Then suddenly a goblin came up to him and cut down on him.
Legolas tried to parry the blow but his knife slipped on the evil blade and the goblin sword cut down on his shoulder.
Legolas cried out in pain but cut down the goblin and continued to fight, the wound was not too servere and he could continue to fight for a while longer.

In the dungeon Nethwen looked at Giode Dine with disgust.
"No, Legolas did not send me, I came myself after promising to stay out of the battle." Nethwen said.
Nethwen knew that every evil thing was fighting to save its own skin but she stayed anyway.
Nethwen sat quiet but stared at Giode Dine. Nethwen could not understand why she would change, but didn't want to speak with her about it.
Then Nethwen heard a shierking sound that seemed to be coming closer. "They've found their way in!" Nethwen gasped.
She pulled out her sword, ready for whatever was going to happen.
Then suddenly there was a loud cry and two guards fell down the stairs that led to the prison. Goblins quickly followed.
When they saw Nethwen they smiled evilly and began to approach, but then they noticed Giode Dine.
The goblin at the front of the group laughed.
"So, this is what they did to the great Giode Dine, eh?" The goblin mocked.
"She hasn't escaped, I'm surprised." Another goblin said.
"Of course we didn't come 'ere just to save your skins Giode Dine, but we might just do it so that we can watch the leader beat you." The head goblin said.
Nethwen continued to stand there and watch as the gblins mocked her, but then she figured this would be a good oppurtunity to attack them, while their focus was not on her.

Nethwen charged into the small group of goblins and beheaded three with one blow.
The others began to panic but tried to fight, barely getting a chance before they were killed.

After the goblins were finished off Nethwen took in a deep breath and brushed her hair out of her face.
"I can't believe you would want to be on their side. They don't care about you, they don't care what happens to you and yet you stay on their side. Why?" Nethwen asked.
Then she stopped. "If it is unreasonable for me to ask then you do not have to answer." Nethwen said as she took a step back, she knew that Giode Dine would probably still be angry and not in the slightest interested in what she said, after all she was still their enemy.

(hope this works, sorry about the Aragorn part but I'm not exactly sure what you guys were planning to do)
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2007 02:21
Iswaellen turned to the hobbit-girl as she spoke, "Good, now, I think we should head east, I think I heard water when we were...". She suddenly stopped and stared into the distance. A figure and horse were approaching. It took her a moment to recognize it. "Lord Aragorn," she gasped, quickly standing up as he approached.

"Are any of you seriously hurt? "Nothing that can't wait," she answered, remembering the arrow wound in her leg. She was thankful that she was immune to infections, unlike humans. "We have to get out of here, I'm afraid I only brought one horse with me, if one of you wants to ride back that is fine." "Gilly can ride, I can walk," she said. Her back was still a little sore from the whip lashes and she didn'tthink it would feel much better on a horse.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2007 03:13
Nathron rode back as fast as he could. He saw the masses of goblins and orcs. Drawing his sword he changed into their ranks. His blade cut through the armour, and torsoes of the foul creatures.

He fought like a man with nothing to loose, and in some ways that was the case. He managed at last to break through them and enter Edoras. He got of fthe grey horse that had been loaned to him, flinching slightly as he landed on his bad leg. There are to many orcs...where is everybody?
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2007 03:22
MIrelwen had been fighting and when she saw Nathron, she fought her way over to him. Her knives flashed silver and gold in the sunlight, as it caught in her knives. The two trees on them almost glowed and they shone with a brighter light when they cleaved and enemy. Her eyes gleamed with a light when she killed another. Mirelwen held a deep hatred for these creatures, and it showed, for her eyes gleamed almost with a thirst for blood.

Before she knew it, she was beside Nathron, covering him incase someone tried to sneak up behind him. She found her mark every time, and she was grave, her faceset like stone in a hating face for the enemy. She was so accurate in her slashing it was as if it was a dance, one that if you watched for too long, you would never see day again. Her blades spun on her hands as she turned and stabbed, killing two goblins at once.

"Nathron, do you know where every one else is? I think we should get to them, so we are not alone." She said this to him in Elvish, so the creatures would not understand. She continued fighting, not loosing a minute, slowly gaining on the creatures. She was always one step ahead, but did not feel the blade that found her side. She saw blood and spun on the goblin, decapitating four in one swing, then swung back and killed three more.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email