Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: fána en' seere, dolen caure - Veil of Peace, Hidden Fear - No More People
on: February 13, 2007 05:48
Iswallen pulled up a chair and sat near Giode Dine’s bed, wiping her brow with a wet rag. She put the cloth aside and took one of the half-elf’s hands into her own and whispered in elvish, “You are safe now, you are with those who care for you. Don‘t let go, there’s still reason to live. Come back to the light.” She stared silently at Giode Dine, thinking for a moment. She glanced up to Legolas, “Hold her hand and talk to her, in Sindarin preferably. Let her know you are here, and are waiting for her. Just talk to her,” she told Legolas. She glanced over Giode Dine’s body again.

“There is not much else we can do. All her physical wounds have been treated and are healing nicely. Her spiritual wounds are what’s hurting her. All we can do is try to talk to her, convince her to survive. In the end, though, it’s entirely up to her,” Iswaellen said, glancing back up at Legolas. She knew how he felt; it seemed everyone was mourning for someone or something today. In the distance, she could just make out the battle raging on in the distance. In her mind, she felt Rohan was lost. In all the tales and stories, good wins over evil. But now, she felt evil would finally have it’s victory. The tales also said that Rivendell would never fall.

Her eyes filled with tears and she wiped them away, holding them back as best as she could. There would be a time to grieve. Now, however, there was only time for courage and strength.
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
Post RE: fána en' seere, dolen caure - Veil of Peace, Hidden Fear - No More People
on: February 14, 2007 09:39
OOC: Minstral is going to be leaving, but said we may use Garek.

BIC: Warmth seeped around him as if in a hot spring. Softness was under him as if he lay upon clouds. No sound was around him, it was as if dawn was moments away. The darkness began to fade and a warm light breeched through. Sounds, muffled and strange, came to his ears.

Weakly, Jastethlien blinked. He looked around, but did not move to get up. He felt completely drained. “Am I dead,” he asked Aragorn, who was in the room with him. Sluggishly, the elf pushed himself into a sitting position and leaned his head against the headboard. “I know I was foolish,” he said, “Lord Elrond taught me the spell, but he warned me it might be too much. Did it work – at all?” The elf watched Aragorn leave to fight and he tried to stand, but Jastethlien found he was too tired to move and knew that he should rest so that he could help heal those in need.

Merry heard the news. He tightened his hand on his stick and felt for his sword – which was at his side. “I must go fight,” he said to Cora. Before leaving, Merry placed a hand upon her shoulder. “Make sure Pip doesn’t come and try to fight. He needs his rest,” he said, “Keep Gilly out of danger. I don’t think she could handle being taken again. And…and keep yourself out of harms way. Be careful.” He gave her a quick peck on the cheek and then turned and marched out of the room. He drew his sword and also a deep breath. He felt serenity wash over and he felt one with the battlefield. Breathing out through his nose, Merry noted that there were not nearly as many, however, there was another faint smell in the air that was different from before. “Troll,” Merry shouted as it barreled through the door. He let out a scream and jumped out of the way and smack into a goblin. Without thinking, Merry jabbed the creature in the stomach and he heard it fall.

Making his way to the wall, Merry felt his way along, swinging both staff and sword. When it hit something – one of the wildmen – it snapped into a sharp point. Seeing a momentary advantage, Merry used the weapon. As he fought the beings, getting cuts, hits and bruises, more came and the blind hobbit was in the middle of the battle.

Torn between life and death and on the cusp of it all, she did not know what to do. Feelings of insecurity and woe filled her heart. She felt broken – shattered. No longer was she the person that she had been – a third dawning would happen if she survived and if she could put herself together.

Giodë Dine` had no clue where she was or what to do. Everything was black, except herself. She was pale as the moon and naked. Where here clothes were, the half-elf did not know. And she floated. Nothing was holding her – nothing was around her. But she could hear people. A powerful spell had been said. It had drawn her back, not far, but enough to bring substance to the nowhere world she was in. A tree – a tiny sapling with buds was beside her, floating along with her. More voices and then there was soft, chocolaty dirt under her feet and around the roots of the tree. And yet, it was still dark and strange and she was naked. Rain began to fall. Giodë Dine` raised her head. The pouring rain fell down around her and into her mouth, which filled quickly. She bowed her head and coughed.

Like a babe, she grasped Legolas and Iswaellen’s hands. It was weak and feeble and so unlike the grasp she had when fighting. Her chest rose pitifully as air barely came into and out of her lungs and yet, tears of remorse fell down her battered cheeks.

Giodë Dine` cocked her head and crossed her arms over her chest. Safe? How could she be safe? There was no place for her to stay. The half-elf knew that the moment she was seen by anyone except a scarce few, she would be killed. She was a traitor. A sickening feeling came over her – a bud from the tree fell. But, she was unwanted by the goblins. Now, an elf wanted her to come back. What was there to come back to?

As dawn awoke, a mist formed over the lands. Swirling at the feet of the animals and the roots of the plants it covered the world in a soft, iridescent blanket. The sun shone over the mists – making the whole world seem to turn into a mighty sea. Beyond the battle, an elf rode, with the sun behind her, gleaming on her pale hair, turning it a vibrant golden hue. Proud and tall she rode. Her thin, milky hands, grasped lightly the reins of her chestnut bay mare. She pressed the sides of her horse and her pale blue dress overlaid in cream moved without making a rustle. With innocence in the elf’s baby blue eyes, she rode onward, staring at the fight in front of her. Over her shoulder was her sandalwood bow and quiver of arrows. At her hip, hung her sword – she was ready for battle if needed.

The elf got off of her mare and left her to graze. Picking the hem of her elegant dress, she strode through the battle. Her head held high and back straight. Maneuvering through the battle, the elf made her way into the castle unscathed. They knew her and knew not to harm her, so she passed – all most unnoticed. Eva Aranel sniffed the air. She smelled pungent herbs and knew the healing house was near. She stopped at the door of an open room and watched as Legolas and Iswaellen held the hand of a broken half-elf and spoke in her language. “Quel earsiraien amin quen. n'uma edan lambe amin sin,” she said, “Amin essa a` Eva Aranel. EH-vuh AREN-el.” She spoke in a wispy, soft voice. That wavered and quivered and was much like a willow moving in the breeze.

Quel earsiraien amin quen. n'uma edan lambe amin sin: Good tiding I speak. No man tongue I know. My name is Eva Aranel.

OOC: Eva is in the DB.

[Edited on 14/2/2007 by ~Stella~]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2007 10:19
Mirelwen looked at the battle they were losing and she sighed. "I go to ride for battle. I have my weapons and my horse and I am ready to fight. My wounds are healed basically and if I do not return, tell my friends. I will be joining my father, and the son of Elrond. Good-bye and farewell, may the Valar keep you all safe. Mirelwen" She finished writing and asked Eowyn to give the letter to Aragorn. She gave her body a mental once over to see if she was up for it.
Then, Mirelwen ran down the hall and flew past the door that held Giode Dine, Jastethilien, Legolas, and Aragorn. She ran outside and whistled for Bruin. Mirelwen mounted his back in mid run and they rode out of the city to battle. She passed Nethwen and waved a good-bye, for they had met once before. She went and the enemy swarmed around her and she fought with fiercely and mercilessly. Her eyes were ablaze with hatred and anger, her face twisted in rage and madness. Her blades spun on her hands and killed so quickly, the enemy knew not what happened until it was too late.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2007 02:17
Legolas looked up when he heard the voice.
Legolas felt something strange about her, but she didn't seem bad. "Suilad, man le carel si?" Legolas asked.
His gaze continued to go back to Giode Dine, she was just starting to come back.

Cora felt a little angry that Merry was worried more about Gilly than herself, but she decided it was nothing.
She went over to Pippin's side, he started to wake up.
"Where is Merry?" Pippin asked.
"He's gone out to help with the battle." Cora explained.
Pippin shot up and tried to get out of bed.
"No Pippin! Merry told me to tell you to stay here." Cora said as she gently pushed him back down.
Pippin laid down and looked at the ceiling.
"What will he do without me?" Pippin asked sadly.

Nethwen smiled when she saw that Ardinlas was alright.
"I'll meet you in the city!" Nethwen shouted, then she cut down another goblin.

When she came into the city she ran over to Ardinlas and embraced her.
"I have not seen you for so long." Nethwen said with a smile.
"Legolas is inside, he is taking care of his friend." Nethwen explained, but she could tell that Ardinlas wished to speak with someone else.
"I can tell you need to speak with someone? Lord Aragorn maybe?" Nethwen said, she knew that Ardinlas had wanted to speak with him for sometime.
"He is still out there fighting I think, but once he comes back I'm sure you'll be the first he speaks with." Nethwen said.

A few minuted later Aragorn came in carrying a young warrior.
"Nethwen! Can you take this boy to the healer?" Aragorn called.
"Yes, my lord." Nethwen said as she grabbed the boy and took him away.
Aragorn wiped his brow. "You must be Ardinlas, I have heard much about you." Aragorn said with a smile.

OOC: Suilad, man le carnel si? Welcome, what are you doing here?
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 08:32
Záhovar shook her head to regain her senses. She spotted the rider that she had almost collided with earlier fighting close-by. She could not understand why an elf would help her, but she would have to worry about that later. She grabbed her sword and took hold of Nagîthas's mane as the horse got to her feet, pulling Záhovar up with her. As she regained her footing pain came washing over her. In the heat of the battle she had not noticed the gash in her left thigh, and now she could not use it.

"Nagïthas!!" She cried, clinging on to the saddle and trying to fend off the approaching goblins. "Valbat za albai za goi-ishi! Vrat ghâ!!" Nagîthas snorted in reply and dashed in through the gate before it closed.

Well inside the relative safety of the city walls, Záhovar let go of the saddle and examined her wound. It was not deep, the tasset had taken most of the force, but the edges of the hole were bent and had cut into the wound, cutting it open. Záhovar sighed. It would be some time before she could ride again, and she would have to repair her armour again.

She cast a look around. The rider whom she had almost collided with earlier was talking to some stranger. She eyed them warily and pulled her cloak tighter around her, leaning onto Nagîthas for support. It might have been a mistake coming there, and it had definitely been a mistake not getting rid of the Eye markings before she got herself involved in this.

----------
Valbat za albai za goi-ishi! Vrat ghâ! - Follow the elves into the city! Go now!
Tasset - a piece of armour that protects the hip and thigh
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 09:21
(I am going to assume that Aragorn and Ardinlas are familiar with each other though they haven’t seen each other for years. As a note, her father and Aragorn were good friends. See her history in the db for more info.)

Ardinlas bowed her head out of respect for the king. “I am indeed, my lord,” she replied, sheathing Wyndfar in her sword belt. “It has been a long time since we last laid eyes on each other. Your coronation if I remember correctly?” She smoothed out her blood-stained tunic and took her brown hair out of its plait. It fell down her back, and Ardinlas sighed. “It is rough going out there as I am sure you have experienced, but there is much I have to speak with about. Partly about my father Arínar but mostly about reinforcements the enemy are expecting. I was riding out about a league northwest of Helm’s Deep, and I came across a hundred or so foes, mainly wildmen and orcs. I am not aware that you know, but perhaps I am mistaken.”

A bolt of pain shot up her arm and into her shoulder, and Ardinlas winced slightly. She put a hand to the wound that had been inflicted on her forearm. It wasn’t horrible, nothing a poultice and a wrap couldn’t cure. But she would worry about that later. There were more pressing matters that took prominence. “I know that we have been reunited only just now, but perhaps it would be best if I returned to battle. If you have heard much of me, then you must realize that I won’t give up the opportunity to battle. But if you have other things in mind, then let me know if I can be of any more assistance. My sword and my life are at your command.”

As the battle raged outside the walls, Ardinlas heard it calling to her. Sure she was half-elf and could have had more the grace and inclination toward nature that the Sindarins seemed to have, but she was also half-man, and it was their fierce nature that had been passed on to her through her father, Arínar (who had been as close as a brother to Aragorn as both had been Dûnedain earlier).

Her hazel eyes studied Aragorn. There were lines in his weathered face that hadn’t been there when he had been married. His reign had been hard on him; she could see that. His keen grey eyes were infinitely sad, but they demanded one’s respect. It was no wonder why he was king. No one else had the heart and knowledge he did to conform to the commands of such a kingdom and such a time that they lived in now.

Then Ardinlas remembered the elf she had told to follow her. She sighted her and beckoned her to wait. Ardinlas would speak with her later if the elf wanted to. The half-elf's curiosity was picqued; certainly this figure had seen much. But what had she seen, and was it possible that she had seen the same thing as Ardinlas had?
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 03:21
"I thank you for this news, I did not know about it. I will have to send some men to spy on them and find out why they are there and maybe why they are there." Aragorn said.
He smiled when he heard her saw that she was under his command. "Thank you my lady. You are a very good fighter indeed, I will be glad to have you in my service." Aragorn said with a smile.

After Ardinlas had left Aragorn began to walk back into the battle, but then he heard something, someone was watching him.
Aragorn pulled out his sword and walked silently to where he had heard the noise.
He stayed in the shadows and listened for any danger, then he saw someone who seemed injured, but he saw the mark of The Eye on the warrior.
He stepped out and put his sword to her throat.
"I wouldn't move if I were you." Aragorn said.
Then he took a moment to look over her. "You were under the rule of the Eye, you must know that you are not welcome here." Aragorn said.
He waited for her to reply but she did not speak.
"You have been wounded, and we will help you with your wound but that is all we will do for your comfort." Aragorn said.
He told her to stand up, but she hesitated.
"Please stand, I don't want to have to kill you." Aragorn said, he wanted to know more about this person before anything happened to her.

(If this doesn't work for you Mistah_Finderava then I can change it, but I figured your character wouldn'y go down without a fight. Maybe during the duel or whatever she could escape, unless you want her to be a prisoner)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2007 07:06
(((Well, Záhovar is wearing a cloak without markings over her armour, so Aragorn wouldn't be able to see the Eye. But he'd probably recognise her anyway. Záhovar and Aragorn met the first time when Aragorn traveled in Rhûn and Harad, working to oppose Sauron's schemes there. From what i've read, he called himself Thorongil back then, so Záhovar knows him by that name. She got suspicious of his motives and started throwing all kinds of trouble in his path. It all ended with him being discovered, and she chased him all the way to the borders of Gondor and would probably have crossed it too if she hadn't been called back to Mordor.

She can be a prisoner, I have no trouble with that )))

Záhovar hesitated for a moment, then she began to walk towards the one who had beckoned her. Then someone spoke behind her, and she noticed the tiny gleam of a sword's point being held at her throat.
"I wouldn't move if I were you." Záhovar sighed. That phrase was so annoying. She turned her head slightly to look at the one who had spoken, and she froze for a second. She recognised this man. But where..?
"Please stand, I don't want to have to kill you."
Then she remembered. But that time, she had been the one holding the sword.

She slowly straightened up, smiling slightly. This moment was too good to pass by. "Well met, Thorongil. And here I almost thought for a moment that the amnesty of Gondor was more than just pretty words... The Haradrim were really shocked when the news reached them, you know. For some reason they do not seem to understand the concept of 'peace'." She glanced down upon his sword. "Is this what happened to those ambassadors from Rhûn who came to pledge their faith? From what I've heard, many of them never returned home." The last was an outright lie, but considering the situation she thought she could afford to be a little snide. She studied his face, waiting for that slight tension that passed over a warrior's face just before he made a surprise attack, so that she would be able to react in time if that should happen.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2007 10:17
Mirelwen fought ferociously, but she knew she would lose the battle she was currently fighting. It was one on ten at least, and when one goblin or wildman would fall, another three would take their place. She growled in frustration and she saw an opening in the fighting. She spurred Bruin through it and made her way back to the city. She was fighting hard and Bruin was going as fast as he could so she would not get hurt.
"well, my friend. I have a feeling I may fall, here and soon. You go to the city if the worst should happen and looke for Aragorn. Be sure to take my pack with you, for it hold my necklace and I would like for it to go in good hands. So, you be careful and if I fall, you ride like all of the evil in Arda is after you." She patted her horse's neck and he snorted in anger, his hooves churning and striking the enemy. They moved on and made it to the gate, but could not get it. She cursed aloud and went to the door she had shoved Nathron through. Mirelwen pulled the key out of her shirt and took the chain off to unlock the door.
She was through and shutting the door when she was hit by three different arrows. She cursed and let a strangled suprised scream out. The force of the arrows knocked her backward and Bruin stepped up and closed the door with his hoof. He went to her side and nudged her face, but she was getting up as he did so. Mirelwen did a once over of the wounds and the rest of her body. She had taken more blows than she thought, having a jagged gash down her side, one on her arm, and the arrows.
One was in her shoulder, one her leg, and the other in her other side. She locked the door from the inside and then procceded to pull the arrows free. She wraped all the wounds and made her way through the palace, looking for her room. She felt weak from blood loss and she assumed, poison. She had nearly made it to her room when she just collapsed on the floor. Her mind slipped away and she went unconcious, feeling her body trying to let go of her mind.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2007 11:57
(Alright, thats great)

Aragorn felt slight tension but his face remained calm.
"You will have to come with me." Aragorn said, then he led her away with the point of his sword at her back.

Soon he had Zahover in the cell next to the one that Giode Dine had broken out of.
He made sure that guards were posted by her cell at all times, he would not let her escape.

Then he left and walked outside to see how the battle was going, he prepared himself to enter into the battle again.
But he then saw Mirelwen collapse.
Aragorn felt irritated that she had been out fighting, she was not ready yet.
Aragorn ran over and lifted her, he saw the arrows sticking in her.
He raced over to the healers, he laid her on a bed and asked the healer to watch her and make sure she did not leave.

Then Aragorn ran into Jastethlien's room, he saw that he was awake.
"Jastethlien, Mirelwen had been badly wounded, I do not want you to kill yourself with one of your spells but could you come and help." Aragorn said.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 01:39
The pain was vibrating through her lower body as Záhovar forced herself to walk. She felt dizzy but welcomed the pain, embraced it - and slowly, it dissipated. She would not pe able to walk like this for long, but long enough to be able to get wherever he wanted her. She laughed inwards as they went. Thorongil was holding his sword at her back, knowing nothing about the strengths and weaknesses of Morwaith full-plate. Before they left the gate area, Záhovar shot a glance backwards, just in time to catch Nagîthas crush the skull of the Rohirrim who had tried to lead her off, and then galloping away, tail high. She smiled on the inside. She would do alright.

Záhovar studied the prison as they entered. It wasn't much of a dungeon, and where were the torture instruments? Usually they were displayed openly on the head wall, to keep the prisoners busy imagining things while waiting for their turn.

Inside the cell, she decided to check on her wound again. She removed the fauld and the left tasset and began examining her leg more closely. She cursed silently, remembering that the bag where she kept all her healing salves and such was still in one of her saddle bags. She tore off a piece of cloth from her cloak and wrapped around the leg. She gritted her teeth as she tied it. 'This will help for now,' she thought, 'but I need more if it is to heal properly. And I left the painkiller in the saddle bags as well.' She sighed and leaned back against the wall. She eyed her sword which had been placed on a table at the far end of the prison.

Then she grinned darkly as she thought of Thorongil. The human was ridiculously slow. He may be a good leader, but when it came to taking prisoners he had MUCH to learn. He hadn't removed her armour before tossing her in the cell. In fact, he didn't even check if she carried any other weapons. She choked down laughter, and
relaxed. She could wait.

------------------
I'm an armourfreak, I know

Fauld - a skirt made of plate lamellae that protects the abdomen and hips
~Stella~
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 02:02
Eva bowed her head. She dipped into a proper bow. “tuulo' Rivendell amin lon ker. Cuamin linduva yassen megrille,” the elf replied. She looked at the half-elf upon the bed and she frowned.

The enemy surrounded Merry. He had no idea how to fight so many, but he just kept on fighting. It was terrifying for him. The last thing he knew was that he heard a swish of a sword and from his lips he cried, “Gilly!”

Gilly heard the cry. She had been hiding from the battle – trying to keep herself safe and from the chance of being taken. She grabbed the door handle of the room she was in and yanked the room open. “Merry,” she called looking around. She saw a mass of fiends, but no sign of Merry.

Jastethlien stood. He stretched and stood. “Of course I will help,” he said, exiting the room.

Translation: tuulo' Rivendell amin lon ker. Cuamin linduva yassen megrille: From Rivendell I have run. My bow will sing with your sword.

OOC: Sorry so short.
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2007 04:50
Iswaellen glanced up at the newcomer, though didn’t say a word. The name had sounded familiar but she passed it off as nothing. She checked over Giode Dine’s body once again. Perfectly bandaged and healing nicely. She also sensed that her spiritual wounds were beginning to heal, though there still was a long way to go. Iswaellen stood up and crushed some more althelas, letting it’s scent spread through the area and lifting everyone’s spirits. She glanced back over to Eva as she spoke again. She felt a slight sting in her heart when Rivendell was mentioned. She paused for a moment, wondering what Eva meant by that.

ooc: Just a hint, when you’re talking in Elvish, it’s Imladris not Rivendell. sing
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 04:02
Legolas looked at Eva closely. "Le tolo od Imladris?" Legolas asked. He smiled slightly when she said she would fight with him.
Then he noticed her frown when she saw Giode Dine. "He nin mellon. He harn na dagor." Legolas explained.

Aragorn smiled at Jastethlien. "Follow me." Aragorn said.
He led him down the hall to the room where she lay.
"If only she could learn to stay in one place." Aragorn said as he shook his head.

Pippin was very tense, he worried about Merry.
Cora sat by his side, making sure he wouldn't get up, but inside she was very upset, something wasn't right. Merry didn't seem to love her anymore. "You had best stop worrying about it Cora, you will have to talk with him once he gets back." Cora thought.
Then suddenly they heard a cry for help, it was Merry.
Pippin shot up and struggled to get out of bed, but Cora held him down, tears rolled down her cheeks.
"Stop it Cora! I have to help Merry!" Pippin shouted as he tried to push her back.
"But you're hurt, you could never make it!" Cora said.
Then Nethwen walked in with the injured soldier. When she saw the struggle she walked over to help, leaving the lad in the hands of the flustered healer.
"Pippin, calm down. There is nothing you can do right now. Going out there would only get you killed. Why don't I go out there and see if I can find him. I have to go back out there anyway. As soon as I can I will come back with news of Merry." Nethwen assured him.
Pippin calmed down a little, but he still wanted to go out and help.

Cora left the healers room after Nethwen had spoken to Pippin, she figured she wouldn't have to watch him anymore.
She found another empty room and sat by the window and cried, she was very upset.

But Pippin used this opportunity to escape and help.
He first ran about trying to find his armor, once he had found it he quickly slipped it on, even though he felt a little sore he wanted to fight.
Then he picked up his sword and ran out, searching for Merry.
"Merry!" Pippin called. He stabbed an orc that ran at him.
He nearly dropped his sword when he felt a terrible pain shoot up his arm, but he managed to get back into the battle.
"Merry! I'm here to help you!" Pippin called, he still saw no sign of Merry, he could feel his heart racing.

(Elvish translation: "You come from Rivendell?" "She is my friend, she was wounded in battle.")
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 05:30
Mirelwen felt someone enter the room, but she did not bother to look up. Her eyes were laced with pain and she winced when a wave of pain went through her. She looked at Jastethilien and could not help but to think she knew him. Her mind went blank as the next wave of pain came. She did not have the strength to fight it anymore. Mirelwen closed her eyes and her body visibly relaxed as she embraced the comforting darkness, forgetting about staying concious. As she slipped away to unconciousness, she uttered words that were broken and barely audible. "Is my father Glorfindel still alive? If not, then I leave the world." She looked at him and waited for an answer.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 08:08
From the broad back of Shadow, Ardinlas surveyed the battle below. She had halted her horse at the top of a ridge to catch her breath. Alone she was again; that was all right, she could do her part and belittle the enemy. Archery would be more effective in staying the enemy from overrunning the city gates. Not that one person would succeed in driving them from Edoras, but Ardinlas could harass them like a fly does to a horse on a sultry summer day. By lessening their numbers one by one, that was one less enemy to be killed later. At least, that was Ardinlas’ mindset; in reality, her picking off one at a time would be like pulling a leaf from a tree in order to help it ready itself for the winter. There would be hardly any impact.

But at that moment, a slight figure scurrying into the midst of battle caught her eye. Ardinlas urged Shadow forward, and her keen gaze saw something that didn’t appear to be an orc or goblin. “Forward, mellon, we need to help whoever it is that needs our aid,” she whispered to the snowy horse.

Shadow bolted down the hill and back towards the fray. Ardinlas readied her bow, notched an arrow into it, and let it fly. It struck an orc in the neck, and Ardinlas rode past it quickly towards the person. She let out a cry as she recognized not one but two figures. “Masters Merry and Pippin! What in the world are you doing out in the middle of this?” she asked, halting Shadow and sheltering the small halflings.

(I hope that it is all right that she is familiar with them.)
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
~Stella~
Send Message
on: March 04, 2007 10:59
OOC: I am SO sorry for not posting in ages! Lately my life's been so busy. Here is a nice, long post to make up for it!

BIC: Eva Aranel cocked her head to one side. She felt darkness surrounding the woman that lay so near to death. “Uma, amin tul tuulo' Imladris,” Eva said. Her voice was soft and gentle, much like a chime. She closed her pale eyes and breathed in the smell of Athleas. It was a comforting smell and reminded her past. She looked at the direly wounded woman. “He to kirma en` i` goth. Nan`, he n`e yamen` na`.” Eva let her gaze drift to Iswaellen. She gave her a small, timid smile. Her gaze went to Giodë Dine`. How weak her body was, Eve saw, and her mind as well – perhaps it was even weaker than her body.

A light formed. It came like the sun raising above the hills. It was soft and warm. It called her. It told her she would be wanted – she was welcome. In the back of her mind, she knew not to follow, but it seemed that it would be better to follow. She walked - her feet dragging slightly. It was like walking in sand. She stopped. A large hawk flew in front of her. She cried out. The hawk cried, “Back!” The half-elf did not move. She found herself rooted to the spot.

Jastethlien raised his eyebrows. “What brings the smile to your face,” he asked, following the king. He sat down on the edge of the bed. He took her thin hand in his own and stroked it gently. A low hum came from his throat as he readied to heal her. He stopped for a moment and stared down in Mirelwen’s eyes. “When I left Rivendell, he was, you have my word as Lord of Imladris,” he whispered in her ear.

Gilly stood out in the middle of the battle. Her body was as if frozen. Fear was on her face and tears fell down her cheeks. She cried Merry’s name, but no one responded. She then cried for Pippin and Aragorn. But her voice was drowned out from the fighting. The hobbit saw Pippin and raced through the battle. She grasped Pippins arm tightly. Fear was in her eyes. “Pippin,” she cried as tears trickled down her cheeks, “Where is he?”

Merry woke. He found himself surrounded by enemies, or at least the sound of them. His head throbbed slightly. He groped for his sword and felt severe pain in his abdomen. Merry squeezed his eyes tightly together from the pain. He felt his sword and grasped it. He stood as tall as he could, but not nearly to his usual height. One hand protected his wounded stomach and the other held the sword. The hobbit turned and stabbed a fiend Merry could feel was near. Merry lurched forward and found without seeing or feeling anything.

He stopped when someone cried out to him. He brandished his sword, but a sudden wave of pain erupted from his abdomen and he bent double. It hurt so badly, Merry was unable to speak.

Translations: Yes, I come from Rivendell. She is part of the enemy. But, she is placed out.

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2007 12:06
*glad to see you back Stella!*

Legolas stood in silence and watched Eva for a few minutes, then when she said that Giode Dine was the enemy he became upset, she had changed, she no longer belonged to the enemy. "He u coth si, mellon." Legolas said.
"Man car le thel an car si?" Legolas asked, he still felt something was different about Eva.

Aragorn stayed in the room for a short time, but he had to go out and help with the fight again.
"I will be back later to check on you." Aragorn said, then he left with his sword in hand.
When he came out he saw Merry struggling to fight and ran to him.
"Merry, you have been wounded badly. Let me take you to one of the rooms and I can see about getting you to a healer." Aragorn said, he had not been out in battle for five minutes and he was already going back.

Pippin looked at Gilly. "I don't know Gilly, thats why I'm out here." Pippin said.
Then a sword swung over their heads, barely missing them.
Pippin stabbed with his sword and then looked up to see Ardinlas.
"Lady Ardinlas! Have you seen my cousin? He has gone missing and I fear the worst." Pippin asked.

Cora sat alone in a room, watching the battle rage on from her window. She began to cry, she would have to talk with Merry once he got back, because he seemed to not care for her as much anymore.
"I must have been fooling myself when I thought he loved me." Cora said, then her whole body trembled as she began to weep uncontrolibly.

Once Nethwen was sure that everything was all right she was asked by one of the guards to come down to the prison.
"Why? Is the prisoner trying to escape?" Nethwen asked.
"No, but we have lost three guards because they were needed in battle, we could use your help." The guard said.
Nethwen nodded and followed him to the dungeon.

When they came there Nethwen saw yet another female in prison. "Are females really so dangerous?" Nethwen wondered.
The first thing she noticed was that Aragorn had forgotten to take off her armor and she seemed to have some sort of weapon.
"Let me in that cell, she is armed and has armor." Nethwen commanded.
Nethwen unseathed her sword, just incase the prisoner tried anything, then walked in.
"We are lucky that I was able to see this." Nethwen said to the guards.
Then she approached the prisoner and reached to grab her weapon.

(Alright, Mistah Finerava, I figure that this is the point where your character can escape, she can wound Nethwen and you can do whatever to the guards:evil

Translations: She is not the enemy now friend. What do you intend to do now?

Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2007 12:27
*Hey stella, nice to see you back! )
Mirelwen murmured and her body slacked, she let her mind wander further along the dark corridor she was in. HEr hands followed the stone walls and her eyes could barely see the floor it was so dark. She welcomed the fact that she was Elvish and could see excellently.

There was a torch and she grabbed it, making her way better with the light it gave. HEr ears picked up the sound of a very faint hum and whisper, but she chose to ignore it. The passage was dark but she felt she was getting closer to her destination and she quickened her pace. She once again heard a whisper, but it was of noe person, not like the many she had heard before.

She also heard the hum and she stopped, listening intently. HEr eyes wandered to the way she was headed, then back where she had come from. Her mind and spirit longed to go the other way, but something inside her won out the battle and made her turned around.

She went slowly, not wanting to go back, but she trudged on, making her way back to the voice. She heard a statement about her father, she hurried a little more and she suddenly felt an onslaught of pain. She moaned and immediately longed to go back down the corridor.

She felt herself slip away but fought the urge, suddenly she wanted to hold on, to see all of her friends again. HEr eyes opened but they were clouded with pain. She coughed and blood splattered onto the blankets and her shirt and she moaned again. "I will believe your word as the Lord of Imladris, Jastethilien." Her voice was soft and very quiet. HEr eyes closed and her mouth opened to speak.

"What do you mean, Lord of Imladris, I am confused, I thought the sonw of Elrond as well as himself were killled?" HEr memory could not give her the information for some reason and she was curious as to what Jastithlien meant.

Her blue grey eyes opened and stared at him, waiting for an answer. Mirelwen stared at him, her gaze soft yet filled with pain at the thought of her friends dead.

[Edited on 4/3/2007 by Elfalas]
~Stella~
Send Message
on: March 04, 2007 01:48
OOC: I do not know how much I will be able to post, though I will as much as possible. School is quite hectic.

Eva Aranel continued to stare at Giodë Dine`. “Amin hiraetha. Amin uuma an ten` rashwe,” she said. With grace she raised her hand and bowed her head slightly. “Amin indóme maca i cotumo,” she replied, “Lala mellon selma n` harna.” She smiled softly at Legolas. She folded her hands and cocked her head to one side.

Without looking away from the elf, Jastethlien nodded. “Go. You are needed in the battle. I can take care of her,” he whispered as he continued to hum. “O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel,” Jastethlien sang, “Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron...”

As he spoke, he kept his gray eyes focused on the elf in the bed. The elf Lord could feel the pain and brokenness of her body and the fight within. He continued to chant his healing song and hum – drawing her from the darkness. Without removing his hand, he took some athleas and placed it in the bowl of water on the bed stand. It’s smell was pungent and comforting. He took a leaf and chewed it. Spitting it out, he placed it on her wound, trying to ease some of the pain she surely felt.

When she opened her eyes, Jastethlien smiled comfortingly to her. “Shh…save your strength,” he whispered. When he was asked of what he meant, he sighed. “Yes, his son, my brother, Elladan, and the Lord Elrond were killed. However, I was not. It is I, Elrohir.” He sighed. “My people have forsaken me. I am exiled and must go by my alias, Jastethlien for I surely will be killed as my father and brother were.”

Merry grasped Aragorn’s arm tightly. A wild, slightly crazed look was in his sightless eyes from all of the pain he felt. A small cry came from his lips. “Too many,” he whispered, sagging physically, “But, I can do it.”

Gilly looked around. She scrubbed the tears from her eyes. She ducked as a sword care a hairs breadth from her ear. “You’re hurt too though. You need to be resting,” she cried, grabbing the first door handle she found. Gilly yanked it open and closed the door. She collapsed on the door. Tears silently rolled down her face. Hearing weeping, Gilly looked up. “Oh, Miss Cora,” she cried standing, “Whatever is the matter?”

Translation: I’m sorry. I don’t long for trouble. I will fight with sword the enemy. No friend will be hurt.

'From darkness I understand the night: dreams flow, a star shines. Ah! I desire Evenstar. Look! A star rises out of the darkness. The song of the star enchants my heart. Ah! I desire...'

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2007 04:16
Legolas looked at her closely, then smiled as well.
"Im henia, mellon. Le gar tolo an pen." Legolas said.
He thought that he might help this maiden, even if it meant leaving Giode Dine, Iswaellen would take care of her and he wouldn't be gone long.
"Im innas tog le nan mellon le iest govad." Legolas said with a smile.

Aragorn ran in with Merry in his arms. "Do not speak Merry, conserve your energy." Aragorn said.
Then he laid him down in a room. He called upon a healer and told Jastethlien to take a look at him when he could.
Then Aragorn headed back out to the battle.

Pippin refused to go inside and not help with the battle.
"Gilly I have sit still for too long, I want to help. and I am well enough to take care of myself." Pippin said, then he continued to help with the battle.

Cora looked up when she heard Gilly's voice, she glared at her.
"What are you doing in here?" Cora asked, her voice held bitterness.
Then her eyes widened with fear, she ran over to Gilly and grabbed her shoulders.
"Where is Merry!? Is he all right?" Cora asked.
Fear ran through her body and she began to tremble again. Then she suddenly felt a great fear enter her heart and her eyes rolled back and she fainted.

Translations: I understand, friend. You have come to find someone.
I will lead you to the friend you wish to meet.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2007 10:10
Mirelwen stared at Jastithilien with tear filled eyes and her face filled with pain and horror at what he had said. "Oh, Elrohir, I am so sorry. This is awful." She put her arms around him and hugged him with all the strangth she had.

"What happened, and why are you exiled? Oh, Elladan, he was a good friend, and Elrond was like a second father or uncle. I am so sorry Elrohir. If there is anything I can do to help you, mellon nin, let me know."

Her voice nearly broke with emotion and tears ran down her face. Her hands shook and she put them under the blanket to hide it. Mirelwen watched him leave the room and she sat there, not moving even if she could have. HEr shoulder ached as did the rest of her body.

"Oh Valar, why did you take his brother and father, why not me instead? At least this way he would not have known and it would not hurt him." Her voice was quiet and broken, filled with despair and anguish. Mirelwen grabbed her knives from her bedside and pulled them out of their sheaths.

She inspected the bladesfor nicks or scratches. HEr hands twirled the knives deftly in a methodic motion, swinging and twirling back and forth in two mesmerizing circles. She watched them spin and let her mind wander.

Mirewlen put them down and stared at the two trees on the handles, letting her eyes blend them together. She felt horrible after what Elrohir had told her. It made her ill to think about it and she laid down, staring out the window on the other side of the room.

She felt they would not win and the forces would break through the gates. Her mind kept telling her that she would die, but her heart said not yet.
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2007 04:30
Iswaellen scanned Eva’s figure for a moment, before turning back to Giode Dine. There was almost certainty she would live, but it might be a while before she woke up. She looked up quietly as Legolas spoke. “Go ahead, if you need to. You’ve done all you can for Giode Dine and she is safe,” she said quietly, forcing a smile. Her thoughts held a little more hope then they did earlier, though she was still depressed.

She stood up and silently walked to the nearest window. She glanced outside and towards the raging battle. The enemies forces were closer to the walls than they were hours ago, dangerously close and she could now hear individual voices and cries. She turned around gazed over the healing halls. There were more soldiers, even some civilians, being carried in. Tables were used as beds, string used as tourniquets. And sadly, more and more bodies were being carried out. She closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. When she opened them, she walked back to Giode Dine’s bed. As she sat down, she became slightly dizzy for a moment and it was then realized how little rest she had gotten (even for an elf) and how long ago she had last eaten. She took a deep breath and began washing Giode Dine’s face, determined to keep going as long as she could.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2007 05:41
Záhovar was half asleep, but opened her eyes as she heard the prison door open. She felt a stab of pain as she tried to stand on the wounded leg, and shook her head. She would have to stay out of battle for a long time after this.

She leaned against the wall for support, and studied the newcomer. A woman, and an elf at that. Záhovar bit down a growl. She was beginning to have enough of these twittering elves. Lucky? Ah yes, lucky indeed...

The woman reached for the dagger in Záhovar's belt. By doing so, she was too close to use her sword. Záhovar gave her a hard slap across her face, then gave her a hard kick in the belly. Not hard enough to break anything, but hard enough to make her pass out. The next guard wasn't as lucky, and he tumbled back, jaw broken after a well-aimed stroke by a gauntlet-clad fist. After stealing his sword, the rest of the guards were finished off quickly. The last guard managed to disarm her, but she managed to block his blow with a sword-breaker.

The Mordorian armoury had really improved in the years just before the war. When the contact between Mordor and its subjects increased, it had also brought new ideas - mainly weapon and armour improvements. The sword-breaker was one of these; a long, sturdy dagger with slots on one side, like a metal comb. It could be used not only as an ordinary knife but to capture an opponent's blade, and then shattering it by twisting it. Záhovar made good use of this now; the guard's face turned white as his sword suddenly broke near the hilt.

She muttered darkly to herself as she wiped the blade on a green cloak. During the war, she had tried her best to improve the equipment and skills of the orcs, and to convince her masters that skills were much more efficient in winning a war than numbers and brute force. But they wouldn't listen, as usual, and things had gone the way they did. If she had ruled, she would have -

Záhovar spun as she heard a banging sound from the door. There was another bang and then a crash, and splintered wood flew from the door as it fell inwards, ripped from its hinges. She shielded her eyes for a moment, then she recognized a familiar shape. She limped up the stairs, grabbing her own sword as she passed.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2007 11:43
Nethwen gasped when the prisoner kicked her in the stomach. She fell back against the wall, then became unconscious.

Aragorn fought bravely outside. He cut down many foes, but as he looked around he could see that Edoras would never be the same again. A battle as fierce as this one had not raged like this since the War of the Ring.

Aragorn cut down another enemy, then saw Ardinlas not far from him. He wondered why Legolas was not out fighting as well. He knew Legolas was probably still at Giode Dine's side.
Aragorn hoped that someday he would come out and join in the fight, they could use his knives in this battle.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: March 07, 2007 01:55
She shook her head. “I need not to hurry,” she said in elven, “My friend will be here for some time I feel.” She blushed slightly. Her pale cheeks were bright against the paleness. She brushed a strand away from her face. A slight sinking feeling came over her, however, she shook the feelings off.

Merry fought Aragorn. He grasped for the sword that wasn’t there. In furry and frustration, he cried out. However, the hobbit tired soon and lay limp in the kings arms. His breathing was weak and sporadic and blood trickled down his chin with each breath.

The hobbit scrubbed at her eyes. She opened her mouth to respond, but Cora had passed out. She went over to the unconscious hobbit and tapped her face gently. When Cora stirred, Gilly backed away and sat down. She started to weep hard and fast. She took in gulps and could scarcely breathe because of her tears. “I-I couldn’t face the battle,” she cried, “I-I and Master Pippin went looking, but we going separated, I know not where Merry is.” Her words were barely audible as she wept.

After tending to Merry as best as he could, which wasn’t very well in his weakened state, Jastethlien went back to Mirelwen’s room. The words she had said in his head. He sat down on the edge of the bed. “It is terrible,” he said quietly, “There is someone controlling the elves. Very few do not follow him. I know not who it is, but whoever it was, made the elves turn on my father, brother and myself.” He looked at her.

“You asked what you can do and what you can do is not say my true name. Here, I am Jastethlien. King Aragorn is keeping me protected while I am in exile. I fear that there is someone who wishes me dead as well.”
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2007 10:33
Mirelwen listened intently to his words, wondering what could cause Elves to behave in such a way.When he said to call him by Jastithillien, she nodded her head slowly.

"I am sorry Jastethillien, it must have been awful. I will be here if you need a friend to speak with, remember that. It is not like I can go anywhere anyway so I may need someone to talk to as well."

She had added the last part in an undertone, a smei joke at her condition. She smiled and gave him another warm embrace, holding him briefly as a small child would after a nightmare. She then let go and sat there, waiting to see if her was needed elsewhere or not at the moment.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 08, 2007 11:08
Just a note...I don't think that my character has any part in this thread so I am not going to be posting anymore. Sorry for any inconvenience.

~Din~
~Stella~
Send Message
on: March 18, 2007 11:01
Jastethlien shook his head. “It was,” he said, “I have never seen elves so angry before. They stormed into my fathers’ throne room and killed him and his son. It became a pandemonium” He sighed and shook his head. He smiled weakly and stroked her head in a way a healer would.

OOC: Posting part of a JP Elfmaidenoflorien and I did.

BIC:

Legolas looked at Eva, waiting for her to respond to his question. He certainly wouldn't mind taking her wherever she wanted, but would have to return to Giode Dine as soon as possible.
"Im na gelir tegi le." Legolas said. He waited for her to respond.

Cora didn't wait for Gilly to answer her. She rushed out of her room to find Merry, she hoped he was all right.
She opened every door she passed by, and frowned when she found them empty.
"Oh Merry, where are you?" Cora whispered.

Finally she opened a door and saw Merry lying in bed, he was bleeding.
"Merry!" Cora cried as she rushed over to him.
"Oh Merry, you are bleeding badly. I'll go find a healer." Cora said frantically.
When she turned to run out of the room she nearly ran into the healer.
"I've come to help him." The healer said with a smile. Cora tried to smile back.

Cora sat just outside the door waiting for the healer to come back out so she could go in and see Merry. She sat quietly, hoping that he would be all right and maybe someday when all this madness had ended they would be married.
But something deep inside Cora told her that it would not be so, that Merry didn't love her anymore.
"That is absurd! Of course he loves me." Cora said, but her heart sank.

Eva Aranel smiled shyly at Legolas. She shook her head. Her pale hair shimmered in the early dawn light. "Numa, amin a` e`n`uma asca. Lye lii lon a, uh...walk yeste`?" She said softly as she bit her lip.

Merry was aware dimly of everything around him by feel. But, he could care less what was going on. He hurt too much. Merry had no idea what had happened to him, but he could guess. When Cora began screeching, he physically winced, causing his stomach wound to bleed even more.

Jastethlien had followed the frantic hobbit and now was looking down at the blind hobbit who had given the sword too. He grimaced at the wound the hobbit had gotten and sighing got to work. When hewas done, Jastethlien bound the wound for it ws too deep to do a complete healing spell and then left. "Halfling, you may go in to see him," he said quietly.

Legolas nodded. "Let us go then." Legolas said in Elvish.
They walked down the hall, Legolas could hear the sounds of battle outside and wished he could go out too - they probably needed help. Legolas sighed and continued to walk. "Garo le hair an auth," Legolas asked.

Cora looked up, she looked rather frantic, but then she quickly rose and ran into the room.
"Merry? Are you all right, my dear hobbit." Cora asked, she brushed his hair out of his face.
Her tears fell upon his face - she was very worried.
"I don't think you should fight anymore Merry, it's far too dangerous. Leave it to the Men and Elves, we were never meant for war." Cora said.

Eva Aranel let her gaze go to the floor for a moment and then she looked up at him and nodded her head. “Yes, two times I have,” she responded softly in Elven, “And what of you?” She cocked her head to one side and she looked at him with a gaze that would be fit for a child.

Softly, Merry groaned. “Shh,” he mumbled. His head was throbbing as the blood flowed through his veins. He squeezed his eyes together tightly and opened them. He saw blackness – nothing. “I’ll live,” he gasped his voice tight and weak. He slowly shook his head. “I could never, Cora,” he gasped, “The moment I went with Frodo to destroy the ring, things changed.” He blinked. “But perhaps a blind ol’ hobbit like myself shouldn’t,” he whispered, “Then, what? I am useless….”

Legolas nodded. "More times than I can count. My land has been plagued many times by evil." Legolas explained.
He couldn't help but smile at her expression, something about her seemed child like.
"But you say you come from Imladris, I heard that land was in ruins. Tell me how you escaped." Legolas said, he was curious.

"You are not useless Merry. You have done enough for them, for all those people. This is not our war." Cora said.
Then she sat down on the bed next to him. "Oh Merry, I so want to go home. But I know there is no peace there either. Maybe there is no more peace in the world, and it's all because of those elves and men, they are always causing trouble." Cora said angrily. She really did not mean what she said but she was angry and worried.

Eva put her hands behind her back. She let her gaze wander to the left and then to the right. “It was very hard,” she replied in the same musical tone she always had, “In the night, I rode, cloaked…disguised.”

Merry chuckled dryly. “It’s all of our wars. It is not just the elves and mans war. Did you forget that the Shire was attacked Cora,” he asked, “There are some very bad men out in this world, but there are many who aren’t so bad and who would protect us even into death.”

Legolas looked at her. "You are very brave, but many of us must be in these days." Legolas said.
Then Legolas sighed sadly. "I had thought that the dark days were over. I guess hoping for lasting peace was folly." Legolas said sadly.

Cora looked at Merry, she wiped her tears. She nodded her head sadly.
"But there must be a place where we can live in peace. I'm scared Merry, I'm scared of losing you." Cora said, her voice was almost a whisper.

Gently, Eva shrugged her shoulders. She shook her head and more of her golden locks fly from it. “We do what we must do,” she said, slipping out of the castle. The battle was starting to end. The enemy was falling back for the time. She walked over to the water and looked down into the shimmering, still lake. “To have hope, there is no folly in that,” she replied smiling.

Slowly, Merry shook his head. “Sadly, there isn’t Cora,” he said, “That was proven the moment the Shire was attacked.” He coughed slightly and grimaced. “I’m scared too,” he whispered. His eyes shift to one side, even though he cannot see. “Cora,” he whispered, feeling his heart race slightly.

Legolas smiled back at Eva. "You are right, but sometimes that is hard to remember." He said. He took a few steps away from her, looking out at the battlefield.
"I hope that someday all these people who fight for freedom from the evil that plagues us will get freedom. I have seen so much pain, I want to have peace too." Legolas sighed.
Then he looked back at Eva. "I am sorry, such matters are very heavy and I'm sure you don't want to hear them." Legolas said.

Cora took Merry's hand. "What is it Merry?" She whispered. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

Slowly, Eva nodded. She did not say anything as she stared into the water. “Why must we talk war while the battle is nearly done,” she asked. Eva slipped her hand to her back and unbuttoned her dress. She stepped out of it and kicked her slippers off. Eva stepped into the water and dove under. The elf came up a little ways away, spraying water everywhere, making the morning sky shine like diamonds. Her blond hair had tumbled from its bun and veiled her body. With one finger, she beckoned Legolas into the water.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2007 01:47
Mirelwen felt ill at ease sitting and doing nothing since the battle was going on. She could hear it and her eyes held a far off look, filled with regret and anger. She gave a cry of frustration and slammed her fist into the table beside her, and cursed at the pain that filled her hand. She hit her head against the pillows and cursed long and low, many colorful and rude things in Elvish.

She was tired of getting hurt and not able to do anything. HEr hand stayed to her sword and her eyes held a gleam in them at the touch of the hilt of her sowrd. She cleaned it and sharpened the point and edges even more so to the point that it could barely touch her finger and leave a scratch.

Satisfied with her achievement she put it back in the sheath and sat there, very ill content and uncooperative, her demeanor filled with anger and defiance. She did not cooperate with the healers very much, not feeling like doing so and she flet like an animal used to roaming freely suddenly swept up into a small cage barely able to turn. Her eyes were filled with distain and forlorning, longing to be out on the battlefield doing something.

Her hands wrung the sheets of the bed and she ripped them but did not realize what she had done. She pushed back the covers with a growl and got up, going over to the window. She sat in a chair by the window, the other beside her and a table in front of her. With some effort and a good amount of pain she got her feet to rest on the table while she watched the battle unfold.

"This is impossible, I cannot just sit here and do nothing. I will surely go mad with idleness, my mind already stands upon the threshold. A little longer and I shall have arrrived, warmly received and welcomed with open arms." She spoke to no one in partcular, just speaking to hear her voice.

She winced when pain ripped through her side and she fell backward out of the chair she had been leaning back in. SHe cursed again, but this time out loud in the common tongue and she got up, setting the chair upright and seating herself in it once again.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2007 02:46
OOC: JP with Stella and myself

Merry felt Cora take his hand. He felt each finger and the pulse in the fingertips. “I don’t know how to say this,” he whispered, “I thought I loved you. I truly did. I want to love you. But, something happened. Blindness happened. You need to be looked at. You need it like a fish needs water. I can’t do that. I won’t ever be able to give you that. I heard the confusion and hurt when you found out.” Merry paused and waited for Cora’s response.

Cora was stunned by his words, but realized that they were true, although they hurt a great deal.
"You love Gilly, don't you?" Cora whispered sadly.

Legolas was surprised when Eva jumped into the water, and then beckoned for him to join. He felt uncomfortable about this at first, he barely knew her after all.
But her eyes seemed to mesmerize him and he soon followed after her.
"So beautiful." He whispered as he stared at her flawless face.

Merry began to shake his head, but then stopped. Cora’s words were true he knew. Slowly, the hobbit nodded his head. “Yes, I do love Gilly,” he replied. His voice shook and he was scared. “I don’t know how it happened. I thought I loved you. But, Gilly and I connected on the journey here. She saved me.”

Eva smiled at Legolas. She beckoned again. “Túla mi,” she said, “I nen na` lauca.” She dove under the water and came out. A strand of pale blond hair fell and stuck to her cheek. Eva lay back in the water and floated. Her hair veiling her body. She dove into the water and came back up. Eva smiled. “Túla mi.”

Cora sat in silence, thinking about what Merry was telling her. She felt as if she knew that they were falling away from each other, but she had hoped it was only her imagination.
"You do not have to worry Merry. I think I knew this all along, I just refused to realize it." Cora said sadly.
Then she stood to leave, but paused before she took a step.
"I will say that I loved you very much while our relationship lasted Merry. If I was to say that this parting did not hurt me it would be a lie. I love you Merry." Cora said, then she walked out of the room.

Legolas floated in the water for a moment. Eva continued to beckon him in, and he would inch closer to her but he was still reluctant.
Soon he ventured further, until he was beside her. He brushed a strand of her hair from her face. He just stayed there looking at her, his heart thundered in his chest and he couldn't seem to make a decision when he looked at her beauty.
So he simply stayed silent and stood beside her, his mind raced with thoughts, but soon they began to melt away and all he could think about was Eva.

Merry lay there. His eyes were unseeing and unblinking. He felt numb but a weight had been lifted.

Gilly slowly opened the door. She peered around and saw no battle raging. Attentively, she left the room. She saw Cora leave a room and went over to her, but she did not say anything.

Eva smiled at Legolas. She took his large hand in hers and rested it on the small of her back. She came closer and kissed him on her lips and then she rested her head on his shoulder.

Cora was surprised to see Gilly, she looked at her sadly. "I believe Merry would like to see you Gilly." Cora said, she not to sound sad but she couldn't hide it very well.
She managed to smile at Gilly, then walk away.
She decided to try and find Pippin, she needed to speak with a friend and he was the only other friend she had. Of course she knew that Merry and Gilly were still her friends, but she wanted to speak with someone else.

Legolas ran his fingers through Eva's golden hair as she laid her head on his shoulder. He closed his eyes and took in the sweet fragrance of her perfume. He felt like he could stay in this place forever, but something still stirred in his heart, but he chose to ignore it.
"What does one so fair want with me?" Legolas asked, he still held her and his eyes were only opened slightly, he felt so relaxed, except for the stirring that continued to try to warn him of something, something he still ignored.

Gilly watched Cora leave. She frowned. Something was wrong, but what? Slowly, Gilly nodded. She walked towards the door where Cora had come out of and knocked. She heard Merry call, “Come in.”

Eva looked up at Legolas. She smiled at him and pressed herself tighter to his body. He felt nice against her. “Does it matter,” she asked quietly. Eva smiled at Legolas and then rested her head back on his shoulder. “I did not ever think I would ever feel safe again when Lord Elrond passed.”

Gilly peeked in and slowly stepped into the room. "Cora said you wanted to speak with me." Gilly said.
She approached his bed and stood there, waiting for him to say whatever it was he wanted to.

Legolas held his arms around her, he smiled down at her. "I'm glad you feel safe, sweet one." Legolas whispered, he kissed the top of her head.
Then he sighed. "I'm glad I found you." He said. He looked up as the sky became brighter as the day began to come and the morning pass.
He had almost forgotten about the battle, about his friends that were wounded or fighting. All he could think about was Eva, and wanting to be with her forever.

“You are afraid,” Merry said, shifting. He patted the edge of the bed. “Sit,” he said. Merry cleared his throat. “Yes,” Merry began and stopped, “Gilly. I-I have feelings for you.” Merry’s ears went bright pink when he said that.

Eva smiled at him. She bit her lip slightly and kicked the water to stay afloat. “It is rare to find safety in this world,” she said, “It was destiny we found each other. Fate, perhaps, or Eru.” She reached up with parted lips, but before she kissed him, she dove under the water and came up a ways away, laughing.

Gilly was stunned when he told her that he had feelings for her. Gilly suddenly became very shy. "But what about Miss Cora," Gilly asked. She began to tremble, but not from fear. She really wasn't sure what she felt.

Legolas smiled as he watched her swim away. He swam after her, but paused and then came up for air and saw that she was almost right in front of her.
He laughed and squirted water from his hands at her. He laughed when he saw the surprise on her face.
Then he came right up to her and ran his hand across her cheek, then he lifted her chin and lowered his head and kissed her.
Then he backed away from her, he looked as if he was shocked at what he had just done. "I should probably go." Legolas said, suddenly he was brought back to reality. He remembered his friends and his cousin that was probably wondering where he had gone off to.

Merry cleared his throat. “Well,” he began, “We aren’t together. I told her that I couldn’t give her what she wanted.” Merry stopped. He clamped his mouth closed and waited for Gilly to respond.

Eva pressed her lips together as he parted from his kiss. Slowly, Eva nodded. She swam to shore and grabbed her dress. She slipped it over her head and then grabbed her shoes. “Legolas,” she began, but shook her head and walked off. Eva was shaking and her nerve was breaking. She went into the castle and began to search for the person she had been sent for.

Gilly's mouth dropped open for a second, but she quickly closed it.
"I don't know what to say." Gilly whispered. She felt very nervous, but also happy.
"I do like you very much Merry, but why would you like me back? I've done nothing honorable and I'm not very pretty." Gilly couldn't think of any reason for him to like her.

Legolas watched as Eva walked away, then he ran over to her and grabbed her arm. "I'm sorry if what I did offended you. I wasn't thinking." Legolas said, then he let her arm go.
He decided that he should probably go and see where Nethwen had gone off to, and maybe find Aragorn as well.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: March 18, 2007 02:57
OOC: Last part of JP, plus let's end this battle!

BIC: Merry cleared his throat. “Well,” he began, “We aren’t together. I told her that I couldn’t give her what she wanted.” Merry stopped. He clamped his mouth closed and waited for Gilly to respond.

Eva pressed her lips together as he parted from his kiss. Slowly, Eva nodded. She swam to shore and grabbed her dress. She slipped it over her head and then grabbed her shoes. “Legolas,” she began, but shook her head and walked off. Eva was shaking and her nerve was breaking. She went into the castle and began to search for the person she had been sent for.

Gilly's mouth dropped open for a second, but she quickly closed it.
"I don't know what to say." Gilly whispered. She felt very nervous, but also happy.
"I do like you very much Merry, but why would you like me back? I've done nothing honorable and I'm not very pretty." Gilly couldn't think of any reason for him to like her.

Legolas watched as Eva walked away, then he ran over to her and grabbed her arm. "I'm sorry if what I did offended you. I wasn't thinking." Legolas said, then he let her arm go.
He decided that he should probably go and see where Nethwen had gone off to, and maybe find Aragorn as well.

Merry chuckled softly. “You, not have done anything honorable? You saved me life Gilly,” Merry said, “You risked your hide to get me here.” Merry paused. “Do you think how you look matters to me? You’re beautiful inside.”

“Let me go,” she cried. Her eyes were wide. For a moment, her mind played tricks on her and she saw an orc. She shook her head and it was Legolas. “You did not offend me,” she said, “I just, I just have to go find someone.”

Gilly smiled at Merry. "I can't deny that you are the most handsome hobbit I have ever seen." Gilly said with a smile.
She slipped her hand into his, she couldn't seem to stop smiling.

Legolas was surprised by her sudden reaction. He was going to offer her help in finding this person she seeked, but he paused. Something about her had suddenly changed.
She seemed almost afraid of him. "Who is this person you seek? I may know him." Legolas asked, he was curious why she was acting this way but could not ask her the reason to her actions.

She lowered her shoulders. She stared into Legolas’ eyes. Eva bit her lip as her heart beat loudly with fear. “I am looking for Elrohir. I wish to let him know he has an ally,” Eva replied.

Merry’s ears turn even more pink as she said this. He squeezed her hand. A yawn escaped his lips and his eyes close.

Legolas watched her closely. "What makes you think that he fled here?" Legolas asked, suspicion entered his mind.
Maybe she was one of the enemy, maybe that was the warning in his heart. But he would not jump to conclusions, not yet.

Gilly watched as Merry fell asleep. Then she stood and left the room so that he would be able to rest. When she came out of the room she didn't know what to think.
She felt sad for Cora, because she didn't have Merry anymore, but she also felt overjoyed that Merry loved her.

“This is Lord Elessar’s home,” she said. Her brow was furrowed. “Elrohir and he were like brothers. For protection, he would could to Elessar. I was there when the battle broke out. I saw him leave.”

"This is not his home. Surely you know that King Elessar lives in Minas Tirith. Why did you not go to Minas Tirith in search of Elrohir?" Legolas asked. She was hiding something, and although Legolas did not want to be cruel, he wanted to find out what made her come here in search of Elrohir.
"Tell me, would Elrohir need protection from you?" Legolas asked firmly.

Eva frowned. “This is not Elessar’s home,” she asked timidly, “I-I saw him here…I-I thought this was Minas Tirith.” She cocked her head. “You are a strange elf,” she said quietly, “Why would he need protection from me? Do I look harmful?”

Legolas stared at her suspiciously. "Who are you?" He asked. This time he did not smile when she cocked her head or acted innocent.
"If you lived in Imladris, how is it that you did not know where Minas Tirith is? They are renowned for the maps and lore that they have there, how is it that you never took a look at one of those maps, or why didn't you take one with you?" Legolas asked.
"You do not look harmful, but that is not how you work. You act as pleasant as any other beautiful maiden, then you strike. Is that not it Eva?" Legolas said.

“Amin naa Eva Aranel,” She said. Her brow was furrowed in confusion. “I have never been this south of Imladris, Legolas,” she said, “You were not there. I could not take anything with me the battle was so bad.”

She stood in the middle of the battle. An orc grabbed her. She screamed and tried to run, but it would not let her go. She was held captive. A wild man jumped atop her and that was the last thing she remembered until coming too with the battle raging around her. Elrond and Elladan lay beside her, dead.

“Why do you doubt me,” she sobbed.

When he saw her sobbing, he felt upset that he had said those things to her, although he knew there must be some truth to them, something was not right.
Legolas took her hand. "You must forgive me. In these dark days it is hard to trust." Legolas said, he tried to pull her close but she pushed back and he let her go.
"I'm sorry. I know not what you have been through, but I am willing to listen if you are willing to tell." Legolas said.

She drew in a sharp breath. She would be killed if she did not bring Elrohir to them, but she knew she was destined to die even afterwards. They had told her that. She closed her eyes as a small shudder wracked her body. “I saw them die. I saw them be shot down by their own people,” she said. She closed her eyes. “They are evil Legolas. They use their strength to…to threaten and evade the body.”

Legolas looked at her, he looked concerned about her now. "I said I would protect you." Legolas whispered. He watched her as she explained more.
"You do not have to return to them, I can protect you from them." Legolas said, even though he knew that she would probably refuse him.

Eva rested her hand on her stomach. She felt the muscles tighten and relax and the wet dress. She smiled at him and tears were in her eye. “It is too late,” she whispered, “I must do what I must.” She cried out. Her head was bowed. She grasped Legolas’ arm tightly. She looked up at Legolas. “Kill me, Legolas,” she begged, “Or I must do something I will regret and still be killed.” She closed her eyes as tears trickled down her face. “I must bring Lord Elrohir to them, but I can’t. I didn’t know that I would get so attached.” She fell to the ground and grabbed her sword. “Kill me, Legolas, and the child they have placed in me,” she begged, “They will kill me anyway. I would rather die from the hand of a friend than one of an enemy.”

Legolas felt great pity for her, but he knelt beside her and took her sword and placed it away from her, laying it on the ground.
"I cannot kill you, it would hurt me as well." Legolas said.
Legolas helped her to her feet. His blue eyes showed his sadness, his pain.
"I swear to you Eva, I would never let anyone harm you. If anyone comes for you they shall die by my hand, and I will not let you leave. I will not let harm come to you." Legolas said.
He wasn't sure if he was helping her or just upsetting her, but he knew that he could not kill her.
"You are safe here Eva. Can you trust me?" Legolas asked.

She stared at the sword. Eva felt numb. Her hands shook. Confusion was in her eyes. What had she done? Why had she told Legolas the truth? I do not wish to do something disgraceful, she thought and then whispered, “I am a disgrace.”

“How can you trust me,” she asked. Her eyes were wide and full of their usual innocence, but behind her innocence was sadness. As Legolas helped her stand, she held his hands in her own shaking ones. “They will always come,” she whispered. She bowed her head. Could she trust him? She thought she could. “Don’t grab me as you did,” she asked, “But, why can’t you kill me? What have I done to deserve life?”

"I do not know your life story, therefore I cannot judge you. I do know that you came here as an enemy, but is that what you want to be? Do you want to be the enemy?" Legolas asked.
"I think you deserve a second chance. I hope my judgment is not proved wrong by allowing you this." Legolas said.
Legolas watched her face, she looked so sad. Legolas held her hands, he tried to calm her.
"Do you want a second chance is what I should be asking." Legolas said, he looked her directly in the eyes.

She thought about Legolas’ question. Slowly, she shook her head. “No, I do not wish to be the enemy,” Eva said. She closed her eyes. “I do,” she whispered, opening her eyes. She looked into Legolas’ eyes. A fearful innocence was in her pale eyes.

"Then you shall have another chance. You do not need to fear." Legolas said, he smiled slightly. He touched her pale cheek, trying to comfort her.
"I will be here when you need me, meleth nin." Legolas said.

“You trust so easily,” Eva commented. Her voice was quiet and timid. She looked at the ground and sighed. “Do I not,” she asked, leaning against his hand. She nodded her head slowly. She opened her eyes and looked at Legolas. Her lips parted. She bent forwards, but stopped. There was a scream. Her eyes widen when she hears the scream.

OOC: Let the battle begin!

Down the hill the orcs, wildmen and spiders march lead by Grima himself. “Time has come to attack and win,” he cries, “And you, Eva, and your child will be my queen and heir.”

She grasped Legolas' arm tightly and then drew her sword.

Merry heard the scream. He jumped up, wincing, and dressed in haste. He manuvered around, got his weapon and ran blindly into the battle.

Jastethlien threw Mirelwen her sword. "You wish not to be idle? Then lets get out there and fight," he said.

Translation:
No, I be in no haste. We can have a uh...walk first?
Have you ever gone to war?
Come in.
The water is warm.
I am Eva Aranel.
loved one

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2007 04:50
Legolas drew his sword as well, then he saw Aragorn racing towards them. "Grima has brought more enemies." Aragorn said.
Legolas had a look of determination on his face.
"Step follows step. Hope follows courage. Set your face toward danger. Set your heart on victory!" Legolas said.
Then he placed an arrow on the string of his bow and shot at a spider that was racing towards them.

Nethwen woke in the dark dungeon. She saw that the prisoner had escaped, killing a few guards on her way. Then Nethwen heard shouts and crys above.
"Is this war not over yet!?" Nethwen grumbled. She quickly jumped to her feet and raced out, sword in hand.

Cora gasped when she saw the many creatures running about, she ran frantically looking for Pippin. He couldn't stay out in this battle.
"Pippin! Where are you?" Cora shouted. Then she began to wonder if he was lost in battle.
Cora decided that the safest thing to do would be to hide in one of the rooms, she had no skills in fighting.

Pippin gasped for breath. He was exhausted and alone. He couldn't find Aragorn or any of the others he had been fighting with. Then he saw an blonde haired Elf racing towards the shouts and crys that he could hear also. He recognized the Elf, it was Nethwen.
"Nethwen!" Pippin shouted as he ran towards her.
Nethwen stopped when she heard the hobbit and waited for him to catch up.

"Are you all right?" Nethwen asked. Pippin nodded his head.
"I can still fight." He assured her. Nethwen led him towards the battle, and soon they were fighting all manner of things.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2007 09:11
Mirelwen's eyes flashed with pleasure at the thought of fighting along side her friend once more, as she had not done in many years. She smiled and threw her cloak on and quickly girted her sword, then threw her bow and quiver on her back. She seemed in better spirits and had more energy with the thought of fighting more evil beings.

She ran with him, not losing any ground and staying even. She had tried some healing on herself and with his, the wounds had closed and she had more energy. They ran through the halls, heading for where the scream had come from. Mirelwen let out a cry of anticipation and joy, her body swining onto her horse Bruin who was outside waiting for her. Another horse was there also, one she had not see nfor a long time.

"Jastithilien, I do believe your horse wishes to take a ride and we can go faster." She waited fro him to mount and they rode off, the horses neck in neck fighting for the lead and the chance to reach battle first. Mirelwen grabbed her bow and strung it, shooting some orcs and wild men. HEr shots were measured in seconds and the arrow found target in critical points always.

HEr eyes blazed with a fierce hatred and her face was stony, at times contorted with rage. She hated the creatures for all the evil they had ever done, including what was done to her. To finish her feelings off was the fact that her dearest friend and his father had been killed, murdered by their own kin.

That set her on fire, making her fight hard and movments quick. HEr hand went to her sword and she quickly traded her bow for it, slicing the creatures before them. She twisted around to avoid a blade and used the dodge to her advantage, slicing the wild man's head off neatly.
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2007 04:20
Iswaellen watched Legolas and Eva walk off, and sensed a glimmer in her eye, which sent a chill down her spine. She turned back to Giode Dine, leaning back against her chair and resting for a moment. She silently prayed to Eru to end this battle, so she could get some rest.

Moments later, she heard a loud scream, that startled nearly everyone in the room. She hurried to a window and looked out, just in time to see Grima, followed by a large army of orcs, charge into the already desperate battle scene. She watched silently, not sure what to even think anymore. The battle was lost, it was hopeless. Nothing but perhaps a miracle could save them now.

Despite the ever growing number of patients in the room, Iswaellen felt the earge to run out and fight. She glanced back at Giode Dine, knowing she couldn't leave her side after she promised that she would protect her. That and her sword and dagger were rusting somewhere in a Mirkwood forest. She shook her head and walked back to Giode Dine's bedside, her stomach growling the whole way. She sat down and experienced another dizzy spell, this one longer and stronger than the last. She shook out of it and held Giode Dine's hand. "Please wake up. We need you, your people need you," she whispered in Sindarin.

[Edited on 20/3/2007 by legolas_luvr]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email