Register

<< First56789
Author Topic:
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Ranger's Apprentice.KEEP
on: February 26, 2007 02:32
Nathron walked alongside Silmrahil quietly in thought. He remembered their days in Valinor, their days apart from each other, and their days adventuring with each other. He smiled at the thought.

He jumped a foot in the air when Amdireth fell in the mud, but he knew better then to go help her. She was strong enough to take a few tumbles, but Benn apparently did not know that. He noticed the boy's look of surprise and sadness, and walked up beside him.

Unlike the others the mud did not trouble him overly much, being an elf gave him natural...advantages. One was not having to face the annoying troubles of snow and mud. Though mud could proove more troublesome then snow.

He pulled Benn over to him, "Don't worry overly much, Amdireth can take care of herself. A little mud won't kill her." He clapped the boy on his back then resumed walking.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2007 02:55
Mirelwen trudged slowly behind everyone, limping from a stray rock that had collided with her ankle during the rockslide she had started. Her eyes were focused on the ground, she did not bother to look up at all. Her heart felt heavy and she felt a great sadness and emptiness, but she did not know why.

Mirelwen continued on, her shoulders now slumped and her steps dragging on the ground. She was tired and her ankle stiff and sore, her heart empty and she felt alone. She felt that her friends' trouble was her fault, for many foul things had happened to them since she had befriended them. MIrelwen sighed and let herself fall even further behind, not trying to keep up.

Her foot hurt and she wished to rest, so she sat upon a rock and stretched her foot out, hissing lightly with pain at the movement. She got up and hurried as fast as she could to catch up, but by the time she did, she was panting from pain and trying not to cry out. She saw NAthron ans walked with him, trying to hide her limp as best as she could. HEr foot came down on a rock and her ankle twisted, making a little cracking noise.

She bit back a cry and kept going, not wanting to admit to injury yet. "Do you think that Simrahil will be alright? " Her question was strained and her face tight, only her eyes showed pain, but she tried to hide it.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2007 03:03
Nathron looked at Mirelwen, if Amdireth was unhurt, Mirelwen certainly was the opposite. Beofre she could say anything he had taken her arm and draped it over his shoulder, basically forcing her to use him as a crutch.

"No complaints now." He said with a grin. "As for Silmrahil, he had better be alright, I just realised that he owes me a bag of semi precious gems." nathron was just trying to cheer Mirelwen up, but he saw that it was doing little for her. "I trully hope he gets better. he is strong, but I have never in all my years seen him like this." Nathron said rather somberly. "When next we stop we'll check your ankle." He said.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2007 07:35
Leassa was in a surprisingly good mood when she kept her thoughts from Simrahil. The mud reminded her of mainly good times she had had when still travelling alone, though those days were long in the past. She was surefooted enough to avoid tripping or slipping, and the rain had eased off. As she walked she sang a song she had learnt from a small village near the Gap of Rohan quietly, and the lyrics fitted well with their predicament, which made her smile more. She looked at Amdireth's muddy face and arched an eyebrow, the tune not faltering.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2007 10:58
Amdireth continued to walk on without speaking. She watched her step now so she wouldn't fall again.
The tune that Leassa sang reminded Amdireth of home. They had sung songs like that and soon enough Amdireth joined in with the song.
After they had finished singing Amdireth smiled a little and offered to teach her a song her Father had taught her a long time ago. "I can't believe I still remember it." Amdireth said, she felt a little bit of the sadness disappear.

After a couple hours of walking a cold wind came upon them. Amdireth knew that Winter was coming and Autumn was passing.
"We must hurry, I know it is too early to snow but this is a cursed land. We must reach Imladris with all haste!" Amdireth said.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2007 02:30
ooc: i'm baaaack!!!

Aria had done her best for Simrahil, and she hoped it was enough. He was close to death when she reached him, so she shoved most of her crushed herb juice down his throat as soon as she could. She applied light cream to pieces of her saddleblanket, which was too large anyway, and wrapped them around his arms. His fever could not be controlled no matter what she did, and she was worried her healing abilities were diminishing. Amdireth seemed to be the only one who still had faith in her, and everyone else was depressed by the sickness and death feel of their company. She was doing her best! But sometimes the best isn't good enough. All the friends were comforting each other over Simrahil, as if he were already lost to them, and once more Aria felt like an outsider. This was just like the battle tents; people she barely knew pleading with her to heal their loved one, and blaming her when she couldn't, when it was too late.

What was she saying? These people welcomed her, let her travel with them; she was an aquaintance no longer. She was their guardian, the only one they could rely on to keep them alive when they were an inch from death. Aria raised her head from her makshift shelter beside her horse. She saw Amdireth and Leassa talking with one another. In the distant cave Simrahil rested. Aria grunted as she rose, and went over to him. She removed the bandages, and checked his wounds. They were closed up, nothing but a few red bruises now. She felt his forehead. Warm, but not the burning hot it was before. She had succeeded. He was not to die, but live a longer life than he would've without her. Aria felt bolder, and more confident. She felt like a mother Earth, healing her children.
"Amdireth, Leassa!" She ran up to them, a smile creeping onto her face.
"Simrahil...." They looked at her, expecting the worst: He had died.
"...Simrahil's fever broke! He's going to survive!" She hugged Amdireth, happy for her and her friends. A dragon would not stop them, not with her around.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2007 02:44
Mirelwen kept on, but she collapsed when her leg flatly refused to hold her weight any more. She cursed out loud and it was very colorful. She pushed herself up and stood, trying to get her footing back. Her face was set in aggravation at her weakness, and she pushed herself harder to try and walk some more.

She had heard Aria's news and smiled, it was good to hear that Simrahil was slowly mending. Palanel flew to her and rested on her shoulder, nipping her cheek in affection and trying to encourage her to get up and walk.

She did that, but by now she was limping heavlily yet trying to hide it without success. She growled in anger and lashed out at the nearest object, which happened to be a small piece of a boulder that she kicked. HEr ankle gave a sickening crack and she went white as snow, her eyes wide in pain. She groaned and let out a little hiss of pain, her limp even more pronounced.

She gave up trying to hide it and leaned heavily on a rock, trying to even out her shallow, slightly hitched breathing. She felt like screaming and kicking and punching something, anything at her ignorance and mood. Mirelwen looked around like an injured animal, her face held as straight as she could hold it and her eyes trying to mask her outburst of emotions.

Mirelwen kicked herself repeatedly for the emotional outburst, emotions were not realy her thing and they angered her when they arose. She cursed again and forced herslef to walk again, pushing the pain out of her mind and trying to show no signs of weakness.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2007 02:58
Nathron's own limp was not helped by the fact that Mirelwen kept lashing out, her limp was pretty bad. He 'heard' her ankle snap, and saw her face grow deathly pale. He let her rest a moment. Aria could look at her leg when next they stopped.

He was so grateful to hear that Silmrahil was going to recover. He let his shoulders slump slightly, and it was as if a weight had been lifted from them. He ran his fingers through his red hair.

"Come on, Mirelwen." He said, and suddenly picked her up.

She was not so heavy, and even with his own limp she did not hinder much of his movements. He walked over to Aria, still carrying Mirelwen. He smiled.

"I think that you have another patient, Aria." He said with a laugh. "She heard what a good job you did for Silmrahil and had to find out just how good you actually were, by getting herself ingured no less."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2007 03:00
Amdireth felt her heart sink when Aria came up to them. When she heard that Simrahil was going to live she welcomed Aria's embraced and cried.
Then she pulled away but still held Aria's shoulders. "You are most welcome to travel with us Aria. I believed in you, I knew you could do it. I am so glad to have such a healer and friend among us." Amdireth said, she wiped away her tears and smiled brightly. It seemed more like a smile of relief.

They still had to make their way to Rivendell though, they had sent their horses there and Simrahil was still not well enough to travel and Winter was at their heels.

Amdireth went over to Nathron. "Oh Nathron, is it not a relief." Amdireth said, then she hugged him tightly.
Benn watched as joy spread about the camp. He felt happy that Amdireth and the others were smiling again, but he kept to himself. He had not been involved with the healing of his wounds and he didn't even know Simrahil very well.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2007 09:43
Leassa smiled at first, it was good news, but then a frown crossed her face. She walked up to Aria to talk to her. "True, the fever has broken, but he still has many broken bones that will take time to heal," she said quietly, so as not to spoil the others' joy. Everyone was so happy, Amdireth looked as if a weight had been lifted from her back. She hoped that no one would notice the absence of a smile on her face as they started to move on.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2007 11:01
Nathron laughed as Amdireth embraced him. He hugged her back, indeed it was a relief. He smiled, pleased that Amdireth seemed well again.

"We should keep moving. Even if Silmrahil's fever has broken, there is still a possibility that it could come back. Let us make haste, we can not delay any longer. Besides..." Nathron stretched, "I could use a nice soft bed for a change, my old bones could use a break from all of the pummeling they have recieved in the last few months." nathron wiced slightly as his burnt back tightened, it was nothing more then a twinge though. Nothing worse at the moment then a really bad sun burn. He stopped his friends before they could get all worried about him.

"I'm fine, don't worry." He shook his head and walked over beside Silmrahil.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2007 02:01
Aria smiled at the prospect of another patient, she was beginning to feel very sure of herself. Leassa's words were troubling, however.
"I'm not sure how long his bones will take to heal, Leassa, but the best we can do is keep setting it and wrapping it with thick cloth, and pray for the best. I have so bone strengthening cream, and that will shorten the duration of the healing process. But that's all I can say." Aria felt bad that she couldn't heal everything at once, but what healer can do that, no matter how great they are?
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2007 09:21
"It should take a few weeks," said Leassa tightly to Aria. "But everyone seems to need rest, so they should heal while we stay in Rivendell." She wished that they were at Rivendell, where they did not have to worry about Dragons or other dangers. At the thought of the Dragon her eyes took on a haunted look and her scar began to twinge again, and she shook the thoughts out of her mind.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2007 03:59
Mirelwen was suprised when Nathron picked her up and her body tensed. She knew she did not weigh that much, for she had been eating more on and off for the past few months. She knew she was bony because of it, for Legolas had carried her into her rom not too long ago and he had felt her spine jut out slightly.

She also knew that her other bones could be felt with no problem also, for she had not felt like eating and she had forced herself to eat a little something when she remembered. Her leg ached so she did not protest, but tried to relax. Her mind wandered and she found herself longing to go to Valinor, west over the sea.

"When I get home, I think I shall pack and leave for The Undying Lands. I wish not to stay here." Her words were barely ubove a whisper as she felt herself lose conciousness.

Mirelwen went limp as her mind escaped her body, free to wander in dreams and fantasies of what the Ancient West was truely like.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2007 05:27
"And perhaps you should, you are all skin and bones. And more bones then skin." He smiled gently.

"I think that I shall soon take to the west myself, maybe with Silmrhail it would not be so bad. And you are quite welcome to join us when we go. What say you?" Nathron said gently.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2007 12:38
Amdireth overheard Nathron and Mirelwen speaking of leaving for the West. She felt very sad, she was not sure she was ready to leave yet, but what if her friends left without her?

Amdireth knew she had nothing left here except the Rangers and her friends, if they left she would have nothing.

Amdireth sighed, what a time to be thinking such dreadful thoughts, they were not leaving yet.
"Come on all, we have to get Simrahil to Rivendell, and we can't do it with all this dwaddling." Amdireth said with a smile.
Then she saw Mirelwen go limp and sighed, Mirelwen seemed to be such a fragile soul.

Amdireth helped take care of Mirelwen and soon she was conscious again, but Amdireth helped her walk along anyway.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2007 01:25
Mirelwen mumbled unaudible words and she came to again. She had heard Nathron say she was welcome to go with them when they left.

"Thank you, I think I shall, when you leave. This world is beginning to get old, and I wish to leave, try an escape the pain. I was always fascinated by stories that were told to us as children about Valinor, the Valar, and the Elves there. I am ready to see it for myself, when you and Simrahil go I think I shall also. Thank you, all of you for being good friends and I must say, traveling with you is always fun."

She smiled and relaxed, rubbing her ankle lightly to ease some of the pain. She sighed and looked up at the sky, watching for a certain siluette in the sky. A falcon was seen and the light caught his wings, making his color stand out. Palanel screeched and landed on Mirelwen's shoulder, cocking his small head slightly to the side, looking at her intently. He nipped her cheek and took off, flying in front of them.

She looked around and her arms stretched out, the skin tightening on her arms and forming closely to her bones. She knew she needed to eat something, for she had not eaten in four days, unless one bite of bread could be considered sufficient. She grimaced and shut her eyes, taking in a deep breathe and standing up. She favored her left leg very much, not putting very much weight on it.

Bruin snorted and rolled his eyes so he could see her. Once his eyes caught her, he nickered and his head bobbed in greeting. She went and stroked his neck, but it took her awhile to reach him.When they got moving again, she was helped by Amdireth to walk.

"Amdrieth, I know I do not talk to you much and I am sorry. My ignorance also does not help much, honestly, why would I go and kick a boulder with an already injured leg? We do need to make haste to Rivendell so we can get Simrahil there sooner. I am glad that he will be alright now, those injuries are very serious and the bones will take awhile, but he shall have a very pleasant place to reccuperate."

She smiled at Amdireth and looked at everyone. Mirelwen felt empty inside and could not wait to leave for the West, but she did not wish to leave her friends bahind either. She sighed again and looked down at the ground, as if it suddenly became the most interesting thing in the world.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2007 03:15
(Please check OOC before posting, thanks)

Amdireth sighed. "It was not your fault, you just thought it was the right thing and no one got hurt, other than yourself. Please do not linger on things that mean nothing." Amdireth said.

As Amdireth watched her good friends closely she began to feel a great sadness well up inside her. They all seemed called to leave for the West, and by the way they were talking they were going to leave soon.

When they stopped to eat a quick lunch Amdireth stayed far from the group. She sat cross legged alone on a hill that stuck out in the land, she watched the clouds as they floated in the sky, and she looked around.
She ate no food because her thoughts overwhelmed her and she could do nothing but think.

Then she broke down and slumped forward, she wept into her hands. "Don't leave me alone." Amdireth whispered.
Amdireth began to wander if Leassa thought the same things, maybe all her friends would leave her at once.
Then she looked up at the sky, her face had streaks of tears running down her cheeks.
"Why!? Why can I not be allowed my happiness!?" Amdireth cried, directing her words at whatever Valar would heed her.

Then she silently wept into her hands. Now she didn't want to reach Rivendell, she worried that they would leave once they came there.

[Edited on 4/3/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2007 09:32
Leassa fell into step aside Nathron. "I want to stay on this world longer, maybe until I die. There are paths I have not yet trodden, places I have not visited, things I have not seen, I cannot just leave all them even if going to the West is an option," she sad ruefully. "Much as I would like to go and live in peace, I was not born to live that way."

She thought of all of her friends leaving, and surprised herself by feeling sadness instead of indifference. She shook her head slightly, as if to clear the feelings away, and after stopping to have a light lunch they began moving again towards Rivendell.

Leassa had noticed that Amdireth had sat further away from the group than normal, but thought nothing of it as it was something she would normally have done if she had not wanted to keep an eye on Simrahil to look out for complications in his healing.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2007 03:35
Nathron glanced at Leassa, he nodded in understanding, "I myself have lived far to many years here to want to stay. I have seen wars, times of peace, I don't think I would last much longer here. Peace sounds good." He smiled at the thought.

"You do what you think is best, that is all anyone can ask of you." Nathron fell into quiet contemplation as he walked.

He to had noticed that Amdireth had strayed a little from the group, and though it worried him he did not persue. If she needed some time to herself then he would grant her that.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2007 06:44
(I left Benn out of my last post, so I thought I'd better put him in here)

Benn watched Amdireth as she sat alone. He looked to see if anyone else seemed worried about her, because he had never seen her sit so far away. It was especially strange since she was the leader of their group.

"Do you think something is wrong with Amdireth?" Benn asked Nathron. "Maybe I should go and speak with her." Benn said.

Soon they packed their things and headed on their way again.
Benn noticed that Amdireth's face seemed to glisten, as if she had been crying. Amdireth noticed him staring at her.
"Hello Benn, everything all right?" Amdireth asked, she sounded like her normal self.
"I was about to ask you the same thing." Benn said.
Amdireth patted his shoulder than walked on. Benn quickly followed.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2007 07:17
"Do you think something is wrong with Amdireth?" Benn asked Nathron. "Maybe I should go and speak with her." Benn said.

Nathron looked at Amdireth, she did seem troubled, but as to what she was troubled about he was uncertain. He shook his head, he would speak to her soon. He knew that Benn would want to talk to her.

"If you do talk to her choose your words carefully." He said quietly.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2007 07:33
Leassa kicked a stone on the ground with a sigh. She had heard what Benn had asked Nathron and wanted to speak to Amdireth herself, but she had decided against that instantly as she knew that she would say something that would make it worse.

She was finding life uneventful at that time, with nothing interesting happening until they reached Rivendell. And then there would be nothing to do there either. Leassa was very bored, and she tried to keep her head up for the others, but she wanted nothing more than to run to Rivendell, tack up Ira if she was there and ride out again. But of course the Elves wanted to go to the west, so she couldn't just leave without a goodbye... She frowned and kicked the stone again.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2007 12:01
Benn nodded to Nathron, then walked over to Amdireth.
"What do you want to ask me?" Amdireth asked without even looking at him.
Benn stared in shock. "How did you know I wanted to ask you something?" Benn asked.
Amdireth smiled, although she still looked sad. "I am half Elf Benn." She said.
"Well, I wanted to ask you if you were upset about something." Benn said quickly.
Amdireth frowned, then she took three long strides and continued to walk without a word to Benn.

Benn watched in surprise. "What did I say?" Benn asked.
But he did not follow her, something was on her mind and she obviously didn't want him to know, so he did not press the matter.

Amdireth walked on with an emotionless face. Thoughts raced through her mind, and it wore her down.
I can't keep thinking like this or I am sure I will simply faint from thinking too much. Amdireth thought, but it the idea that her friends would leave continued to prey on her mind.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2007 10:23
Nathron walked up to Benn after Amdireth had walked ahead. He put a hand on the boy's shoulder, offering a comforting-appologetic-look.

"Do not worry about it Benn. When Amdireth is ready to talk she will. If something is trully bothering her you have to give her some space." He smiled to the boy.

Nathron was actually getting quite worried about Amdireth, why was she behaving like this? Why was she so upset? He could feel it coming off of her in vibes. He walked up alongside her with a grin.

"Mind if I walk with you?" He asked innocently.

OOC: Sorry, it will be hard for me to update. Really sick. Will try to update as soon as I can.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2007 10:40
(don't worry about it, we won't leave you behind)

Amdireth glanced at Nathron. "I don't mind." She said.
She continued to walk in silence, she didn't want to talk about what was on her mind yet, she had to think about it more.
But it seemed like the more she thought about it the worst it got.

"Do you miss Valinor enough to want to go back?" Amdireth asked, they did not know that she had heard their conversation and she was wondering if maybe it had just been her imagination.

Benn watched as Nathron walked up to Amdireth, it seemed like they said nothing for a long time but soon the two of them began to speak. Benn wondered what they were talking about.

"Leassa, you know Amdireth better than myself. Is she all right?" Benn asked.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2007 11:02
Mirelwen watched everyone talk and she saw how unhappy Amdireth was. Her face was crossed with confusion and pain as she tried and think about what bothered her. Palanel arrived and landed hard on her shoulder, nearly causing her fall over. She petted him absent mindedly and he gave a cry and took off again.

She sighed and watched him fly away, feeling the emptyness and sadness hit her full force yet again. She cursed her feelings silently and she let herself fall behind, giving the long time friends a chance to talk with each other.

Her hands strayed up to where her knives were and she pulled them out, twirling them in circles and watching the blades flash and shine in the sunlight. HEr hands continued to spin the blades and she put them back, deciding not to have them out with her mind straying so much. She let out a growl of anger and frustration at her boredom and her limp, which made her angry at her own stupidity.

Mirewlen looked around for somethnig to do while walking so she would not be so bored. Her eyes strayd to some wood and she grabed a few long twigs, sticking all but one in her pack. She took the one she had left out and started whittling it into an arrow. Before long she had a long, slender stick with a point and the nock for the string.

She then took some feathers and string, quickly twisting it around to keep them in place. She looked at the arrow and was satisfied at her work, placing it in her quiver. She did not make any more but took the longest stick she had found that was slightly taller than her and began to work on it, making a walking stick to keep her from suffering boredom.

Her hands worked on holding it and carving it, making it seem like a branch of a tree caught in a vine with leaves on it. The top was the branch with the twigs and the bottom was plain and the vine wound around it. satisfied with her work, she held it in her hands and walked as fast as she could to catch up with her friends.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2007 12:12
Nathron looked at Amdireth curiously, was that what was troubling her? He thought on this for a moment.

"I think it is not a matter of if I miss it or not, more along the lines that I am simply very tired. I have seen battles, wars, I have lived for millenia and it is about time that I move on from this existance and seek a more peaceful one. Now, that does not mean I'll leave right away, but soon, I should think. Every day is a little harder to wake up, to do things that are inconsequential..." He said, his voice low so only she could hear. "yes I miss home, but if you wish it, I will stay a while longer."

Nathron smiled at her, "I would hate to see you saddened by my departure. I will not leave yet, not for a good while if you wish it. You are my most trusted friend, I could not leave knowing that I had caused you pain."

OOC: Thanks guys, I'll try to update when I can.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2007 04:10
Amdireth looked at him, she felt the same way. She would hate to make him stay and cause him pain.
She shook her head. "Why would I be saddened by that? It is a natural thing for Elves to want, my Mother wanted to leave when I was married and had children of my own. She never got her wish and I would hate the same thing to happen to you." Amdireth said, she smiled back at him.

She bit her lip, she was lying to him, she wanted them all to stay with her whole heart but she didn't want to cause them pain either, so she decided to just keep quiet for now. She would voice her thoughts when the time came, if it came.

Then Amdireth looked back and saw Benn walking quietly.
"Bwnn, you must forgive me. My mood has not been good. Will you walk with us?" Amdireth said, she tried to put aside her sadness, she would wait until she was alone to think about losing them, she didn't want them to worry.

Benn smiled and ran up to them. "I was only worried about you, but I suppose things are cleared up now." Benn said with a big grin.
Amdireth nodded, but it was not so. If only there was a way for her to go with them.

Then Amdireth had an idea. Maybe she could speak with Lord Elrond on the matter, she was half elven after all, although she had choosen the path of Men.
Maybe there was a way she could change her path, Amdireth knew it sounded crazy but she would have to ask.

She continued to smile that day as she continued to think about her idea, maybe she would have a chance yet and join them in the Land of Bliss.

(I'll be playing Elrond when we get there, and unless someone else wants to play Elrohir and Elladan I'll be playing them as well. I figure they can come in somewhere)
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2007 07:48
Leassa looked back and saw Mirelwen whittling wood into shapes. She picked up a thick stick that looked like it had once been part of a branch and pulled a knife out of one of her boots. Working swiftly, she carved an animal out of it, a dragon. She tried to remember what the dragon had looked like and based it on him. Once she had finished, she looked at it critically. It was surprisingly lifelike, but all the same she threw it over her shoulder and looked at the ground.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2007 07:53
Nathron was not quite satasfied with Amdireth's mood. She seemed to still be troubled.

"Why would I be saddened by that? It is a natural thing for Elves to want, my Mother wanted to leave when I was married and had children of my own. She never got her wish and I would hate the same thing to happen to you."

"Indeed, but still, I will not leave for a while. Maybe after all of these adventures are done I shall. And you need not fear for anything. If it comes to it I shall stay until you do find a husband, if only to make sure he understands what he is getting himself into." Nathron said, trying to cheer Amdireth up, "Come now, let us not dwell on such dark matters."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2007 11:51
Amdireth laughed. "You are very right, I'm sure he would never understand what I am like unless you told him yourself." Amdireth said with a smile.
She decided that it was a silly matter to dwell on and although she still wanted to talk with Lord Elrond about it she would hold off on thinking about it until they got there.

Benn had watched Leassa carve the dragon and was shocked when she threw it away.
Benn quickly ran back and picked it up, then walked over to Leassa.
"Can I keep it Leassa? It really is very beautiful." Benn asked, he smiled at it and ran his hand over the wooden dragon.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2007 10:05
Leassa smiled and felt the colour rise in her cheeks at the compliment. "Of course you may keep it," she said. She returned her old knife to her boot and got out the Elvish blade she had found at the massacred village a long time ago. She balanced it on her fingers, the balance was just right. She read the carvings down the blade and smiled slowly, before returning that to her other boot as well.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2007 07:37
Simrahil was awoken with a start from his deep sleep as the litter went over a large bump in the tracks they were following.
His eyes lifted open suddenly and his voice croaked a little. He could feel pain, but it was lessened from healing slightly. But he ad no feeling in one leg and could not move one arm. His throat was so dry, that he couldn't speak.

The sun seemed very bright to his eyes, but he soon got used to the light, and the soothing heat. He looked around a little, trying to catch someones eyes.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2007 10:12
Mirelwen had been in a trance, looking at the litter snd Simrahil but not really seeing. His movements of his eyes caught her attention. "Mellyn nin, we have company." She went to his side and looked at him, assessing him by his face. She pulled out her water skin and told Bruin to stop. She did not want Simrahil to be in anymore discomfort than necessary. She held the skin to his lips and tilted his head up so he could swallow.

When he was done, she stepped aside so that Leassa could check him further, or Aria, whichever wished to do so. Mirelwen hled back, letting the firends check on him and make sure he was comfortable. She wandered aside a ways and she sat in the grass, leaning back until she was lying on the sun warmed grass.

She put her hands behind her head and laid there, watchnig the clouds and enjoying the brief rest on her ankle. Mirelwen turned it in a circle to keep it from getting stiff and winced, the movement causing a popping and grinding sensation in her ankle. She stopped and laid there, letting herself rest on the wrm long grass. she had dissapeared in the grasses, so she could not be seen from where her friends were.

She pulled a long grass blade and held it between her hands, blowing into her hands and making a long, low whistle. Palanel screetched from high in the skies and he circled low, landing beside her. He was an unnaturally large falcon lookig almost like an eagleflying but not so big as the ones in Middle Earth. He was big enough to have his talons circle her arm and curl under, forming a large cuff on her arm.

She petted his head and stroked his wing, earning a click of the beak and he moved his head over, looking at her with one eye. His eyes were a light amber with some dark flecks and he nipped her hand affectionally. "Palanel, welcome. I needed a friend to talk to. What did you see on your flight, friend?" He gave a small cry and resettled on her arm, stretching his large wings and flapping them briefly before putting them down and resting again.

"well, come, let us rest. It has been awhile has it not? I need some rest, my ankle is hurting quit a bit." the big falcon clicked his beak and flapped his wings again. She smiled and looked up, feeling like she was being watched from somewhere.

[Edited on 8/3/2007 by Elfalas]
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email