Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Ranger's Apprentice.KEEP
on: February 15, 2007 02:50
"They were by the cave the last time I saw them. Benn I haven't seen since Amdireth fell." Aria noticed Nathron flinch when a mosquito landed on his back. He swatted at it, but that just seemed to cause him more pain.
"Do you need some cream, too, Nathron?" she asked gently, while pouring some more on her hands. Without waiting for a reply, she went around to his back and began massaging the cream into the elf's shoulders, working her way down his back.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 03:12
Amdireth woke when she felt something soothing on her burns.
She looked at Aria and Nathron and smiled. "We survived." Amdireth said, she sat up slowly.
Then she looked around for the others. "Where are the others?" Amdireth asked.
Then she saw the sealed cave. "I hope the dragon is the only creature trapped in there." Amdireth whispered.
Then suddenly a fear gripped her heart.
"Where is Benn? I feel something dark has happened to him, or is happening." Amdireth said. When no one answered Amdireth grabbed Aria's shoulders and shook her.
"Where is Benn!? Tell me he is safe!" Amdireth cried desperately. She was in charge of him, she was supposed to keep him safe, but where was he?

Meanwhile Benn was sitting alone under the shadow of the boulder, he had been hiding and watching as the flame burst out of the cave, and he had seen Amdireth and Nathron leap out just in time.
He feared for the worse, he thought they both were dead.

Benn rose slowly and slipped away quietly, he didn't know what had happened the others, he thought everyone had died just as Amdireth said it would happen.
He ran away as fast as he could, tears streamed down his face and a warm wind hit his face.
After an hour of running he found a place to shelter himself and he fell asleep crying, rain had begun to fall and he covered himself with his cloak.
He thought of what he would have to do, he would have to go to Rivendell and get his horse, he would tell the elves to keep the other horses.

'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 03:24
Nathron flinched, accursed mosquito! He swatted at the dreaded insect, no doubt more would soon be attracted by the raw, bloody, flesh. OUCH! He should not have swatted it. Hissing slightly he tried to make himself more comfortable but was failing miserably.

"Do you need some cream, too, Nathron?"

Nathron wasn't given any opportunity to speak, he gasped as the icy cold cream touched his back. He couldn't help groaning, and hissing a bit, it hurt but it felt good at the same time.

"You know, you don't have to make it so light, I think with but a little more trying it could trully hurt." He said sarcastically, biting his tongue as another hiss escaped him.

He noticed that Amdireth was awake and he seemed to melt (think of a cat in a sun beam) in relief. His back did not hurt him anymore, and he was so grateful that Amdireth was well.

"Where is Benn!? Tell me he is safe!"

"Amdireth, get a grip on yourself." Nathron grabbed her shoulders and pulled her to face him. "Benn will be alright. We have to find our other friends first or we will never find him. He is probably just with them. Now come on, we will have to go before it gets to dark." He smiled at her gently.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 09:25
"Amdireth! Nathron!" Leassa yelled in the general direction of the mouth of the cave. She heard a rumble and what sounded like a rockslide, and she leapt to her feet, fearing for the worst. She sighed in relief when she saw Amdireth, Nathron and the others still alive there. Benn was not there, and Leassa frowned, going forward to see if he was there.

"Where's Benn?" she said. No reply. She accepted the healing herbs from Mirelwen and went back to Simrahil to see what more she could do.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2007 04:42
Simrahil slipped into consiousness when leassa was shoutint for their friends. Yet he could not bear to lift his eyelids open. At first he could feel anything. but then gradually his senses became more alert and the pain in his leg and arms began to sweep through his body in waves.

He could hear everyone around him talking about Ben, but didn't take notice of it. After a minute, he was lost again in a world of painless dreams.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2007 12:20
Where's Benn? Leassa asked.
Amdireth felt her heart sink, her mouth fell open.
"He's not with you?" Amdireth asked, she felt fear sweep over her.
Then she turned to Nathron. "Where would he have gone? Is he dead? Maybe he is trapped in the cave!" Amdireth exclaimed.
Then she felt like she had lost control over herself and she ran to the boulder that covered the cave and began hitting it with her fists until they began to bleed.

After a moment she felt Nathron grab her shoulders and she sunk to her knees and began to weep.
After a moment she looked up and saw Mirelwen.
"Why? Why did you cover the cave, Benn could be in there, maybe he's dead." Amdireth said, she felt sadness overwhelm her.

After a little while she began to regain her composure. It was painful to know that Benn was lost somewhere, but she couldn't let all her friends suffer because of her mistake.
"Aria, you must think that I am a great fool, and a terrible leader. I am sorry that you have had to see us on the most terrible mission we have every been given. I hope you will help us find Benn if he is still alive." Amdireth said, she knew that Aria probably thought they were all mad.
Then Amdireth walked down to Simrahil, she brushed his hair out of his face. "Will he be alright?" Amdireth asked.

Meanwhile Benn was up again and walking, he looked like he was in a daze.
He could feel nothing but sorrow, he believed that he had lost everyone to the dragon. "Oh Valar, if it is meant for me to live, let me find some shelter before night fall." Benn continued to whisper that same phrase over and over again, it seemed like that was all he could say.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2007 04:29
Nathron was beside Amdireth, he was rather shocked however when she suddenly flung herself at the wall and started pounding at it. It was fruitless, and she was hurting herself. Nathron walked up behind her and grabbed her shoulders firmly.

She fell to her knees and he bent down beside her, holding her getnly as she cried.

"We'll find him, Amdireth. Benn is strong enough to know how to survive. Hush now. We can not move until Silmrahil is better. He does not look well at all. But perhaps we can send someone, Leassa, maybe you could scout ahead, see if you can find any tracks. You are best at tracking, and are one of the only not injured." He gave Amdireth's shoulder's one last comforting squeeze before moving to Silmrahil.

"Oh, my dear friend, what have you done to yourself?" He said, shaking his head sadly. His oldest friend seemed so helpless, so weak. And Nathron could feel that he was. "Please hold on, mellon nin." He held Silmrahil's cold hand in his warm ones.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 04:13
Mirelwen felt horrible when Amdireth told her that Benn could be trapped. She had watched him grow from a child in Rivendell, but she was sure she had seen him out of the cave. Mirelwen shook her head and took off running, her falcon in front of her. She had told Bruin to stay so that Simrahil could be placed on his back. The horse had protested but he stayed all the same. She ran on until her friends were no longer visible, then slowed to look for tracks. She figured if Leassa came to track, two was better than one, and they could find Benn faster.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 04:41
"Ai! Mirelwen!" Leassa shouted, catching up with the Elf swiftly. She came to a halt and started to search methodically for any signs of Benn. They both searched for over half an hour, not finding anything. Leassa's eyes were still fixed intently on the ground, and soon she smiled. A few blades of the sparse grass were bent over, as if trodden on. When she moved in the opposite direction to the cave, she saw more flattened grass. She was surprised that she had missed the obvious signs before.

"Mirelwen, go back and tell them I have a lead," Leassa said shortly. "I'll go and find Benn." With a bref smile at her friend, she took off, running as fast as she could with her eyes following the obvious signs on the ground. She could tell Benn had been running as fast as he could also, the vague footprints were spread further apart than if he had been walking.

She ran for an hour, seeing where Benn had slept and finding new strength when she knew he was not far off. Three quarters of a hour later, she saw a figure walking slowly away from her. Leassa immediately recognised it as Benn, and smiled in relief. She ran the final few minutes straight up to Benn, and changed to a walk to travel alongside him.

"We all still live, you know," she said wryly. "You left in such a hurry, you did not bother to check. Only Simrahil is badly wounded. Will you come back now?"
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 05:00
Mirelwen nodded to Leassa and ran back to the others, her feet were flying and she was runnig fast and hard. As she reached the others, she tried stopping but her feet wanted to keep on going. She ran a little past them, but she skidded to a stop on the grass. She jogged back to them and stopped. "Leassa found Benn's tracks and she is following them as we speak."
Mirelwen went to her horse and brought him to Nathron and Amdireth. "You can use Bruin for Simrahil so that he may ride. Bruin has agreed to do so, so he should be good." She smiled and turned to go back to where Leassa was. As she went, she thought of many different things that had befallen the friends.
She felt it had all happened after she had become friends with them. I should not be with them, traveling with them. I have probably caused all the trouble they have ran into. Maybe I should leave, I could slip off from them now and they would never know. I was doomed for trouble the day I was born. Mirelwen felt a single tear slip down her cheek. She saw Leassa up ahead.
Mirelwen went to Leassa and told her of her plans. "Leassa, I wish to travel alone for awhile. I fell like a burden on you, all of you. Ever since I met you and your friends you have met a lot of trouble and I fell like I am the cause of it. I am sorry. Bruin is with the others so that Simrahil may ride on him." She turned to Benn and smiled." You do know that being a ranger is a privalage, and I hope you become one of the best."
She hugged him briefly and Leassa, then she turned to walk away, on her own road.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 05:01
Amdireth knew that Nathron was right, she had to be calm about this, Leassa and Mirelwen would find him.
Amdireth walked over to Aria. "Have you checked Simrahil yourself? You are a very great healer and I want to know if you think he'll survive." Amdireth said.

A short time later Mirelwen returned with news that they were on Benn's trail. Amdireth smiled. "I am sorry about the way I acted Mirelwen, I was just afraid." Amdireth said, she hugged her friend.

Meanwhile Benn was still wandering aimlessly.
At one point he tripped and hit his burned arm, he had almost forgot about it.
Benn then ripped apart his cloak and made a sling for his burned arm, he would work on it later, maybe after he found some shelter.
He left the remaining pieces of his cloak on the ground, not realizing it would be a clue.

About an hour later Benn heard someone running up behind im, but he was so intent on getting away from this place that he didn't even look back.
When he saw Leassa beside him he nearly broke down crying.
He hugged her. "Yes, I will go back." Benn said after a moment.

As they traveled back Benn walked in silence, most of the way.
"I'm sorry I didn't even look for you, I was just so afraid. I stayed hidden like Amdireth told me to, but when I saw the cave explode in flames I thought the worst and ran away. I know it was not wise and I will never do that again." Benn said.

When he returned to where the others were he was glad to find that everyone had minor burns, or no burns at all.
"Benn, you foolish boy. How I worried about you." Amdireth said sternly. Benn waited to be punished or something.
Then Amdireth smiled and hugged him. "I'm so glad to see you're alright." Amdireth whispered.
Benn smiled as well.
"Looks like you tried to fix up your arm, but I'm sure Aria can do a better job than that." Amdireth said, she smiled at Aria.

(guys, I want your characters to acknowledge Aria as well, I know she isn't around a lot but she is still in this and we can't leave her completely out)
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 06:45
Nathron sat beside Silmrahil, he had litterally become oblivious to anything else in his surroundings. Maybe if he hadn't gone off in the other direction Silmrahil would not be so hurt. Maybe they should have all gone as a group. He should not have left them in the first place.

Nathron watched Aria as she looked over his oldest friend. He sighed quietly, not moving from his spot. When Benn suddenly appeared with Leassa he smiled, but he could find no words to say. Good lad, he thought. Good lad.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 09:14
When Benn realised it was her, and hugged her, Leassa pulled away, surprised. She still preferred to maintain her distance from others, so this came as a shock to her. She did not speak on the way back, normally she would have told Benn off, shouted at him even, but he seemed to regret it so much that she did not waste her breath.

They finally reached their friends again, and Leassa sat down on a small boulder for a drink from her water skin. She saw Nathron sitting over by Simrahil and went over to him. She sat down beside him and looked down at Simrahil also. "He won't die," she promised Nathron. "If he does, I'll never forgive myself. Until Aria came, I did most of the healing work, and if what I did wasn't enough..." Leassa stopped, shocked at her own words. A while ago, she wouldn't have cared whether they lived or died, but now... She stood up and went to sit by herself again, deep in htought.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2007 10:42
Amdireth saw Leassa go off by herself, she followed.
She knew that it was nice to be alone to think but she wanted to say something to Leassa.
"Thank you for finding Benn. I don't believe he could have survived for long without us." Amdireth said, she watched as the sun began to set and dark clouds began to roll in. Obviously a rain storm was coming.
"I do not want you to blame yourself if anything does happen to Simrahil. It was nobodies fault, if anyone was to blame it would be me because I got myself into a stupid position. I should have stayed with you but my anger got the best of me." Amdireth said.
Then she looked back at Simrahil. "I don't believe we could be the same if he was gone." Amdireth whispered.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2007 12:13
Mirelwen thought of her friends and how she was leaving them without any word. She felt bad, but she felt it was the only way they would be rid of the plague of trouble. She sighed and turned to go back to their camp, but she kept her distance, preffering to rest in a tree not too far from them but far enough to not have to talk to any of them. She saw Bruin and he felt her presence, so he made his way to the tree. She groaned and jumped from the tree, petting him and talking to him.

"Bruin, mellon nin. You should not have come to me. I am trying to hide from them so they shall not be plagued by bad luck any longer. I am sorry, but you will have to go back, you need to help Simrahil and any others who might need it." Her voice chocked with sobs and her tears fell like rain. She stroked his neck and whispered a farewell and told him it would not be forever. He nudged her shoulder and then went back to where the rest of the companions were. She let out a strangled cry of suppressed anger and frustration at her life.

"Why, why must you test me so, make life so torturous for me. I know I have done at least one thing to not deserve this, show me why I must suffer in life so much, and why I must plague those whom I hold dear with danger and turmoil." Her voice was a broken, defeated whisper. She questioned the Valar and her life ultimately. She got back to the tree and sat there, sobbing, weeping openly. She body shook with the sobs as she broke down finally, her memories too much to bear and the recent events made her feel like she should not even be with these people.

"What if Benn had been in the cave, or any of them? I was foolish to seal the cave, it was pure stupidity and that is that. Well, Aria shall keep the msafe and heal them, but I doubt they will need it with me gone, I brought all these events on them. It is my fault that the yare injured, for I befriended them." Her voice was quiet and broken, her eyes sad yet emotionless. She sat with her back to the tree, looking at the storm clouds and they made her think of her life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spacing, paragraphs, please!

[Edited on 18/2/2007 by BerethEdhellen]
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 07:13
"That's alright," said Leassa to Amdireth. "But it wasn't your fault either. And we wouldn't be the same, would we?" she said softly. "It would be really strange..." She looked over at Simrahil also. He was the only person she had told about what she had remembered when talking to Galadriel and if he died then she would maybe have to tell someone else... Her blood ran cold at the thought.

"We might be able to move off soon, we do have Bruin that we could get Simrahil onto..." she said, more to herself than to Amdireth.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 11:35
"No, we had best move him by hand. He does not look well at all. I fear if we move him to much it would worsen his injuries. One of us could carry him, or we could make a litter. But he should not rise."

Nathron finally said.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 11:47
Amdireth nodded in agreement.
"You are right Nathron. I'm afraid I would not be able to carry him, at least not at this time. I want my burns to heal up a little more." Amdireth said.
Benn wanted to help, but then he looked down at his burned arm, he would, once again, be no help to them.
Then he suddenly got an idea.
"I could make a litter for him, I've done it once before." Benn suggested, but he wasn't sure if they would want him to or not.
Amdireth smiled at Benn. "Can you make it with one arm?" Amdireth asked.
"Yes, I think so." Benn said.
Then she looked at Nathron. "What do you think? We can help him, but as long as we have an expert I think we should take advantage of this opportunity." Amdireth said, she waited for their reply.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 12:05
Nathron listened to Benn's proposal, "Agreed, I will help you any way I can. I think we had better get started now before it is to late. What do you all say?" He asked the rest of his friends. "You know the ropes better then any, Benn, lead on."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2007 09:33
Ben began asking people to find the things he would need, like sturdy pieces of timber, not too large but large enough to make a good frame for the litter.

Once he had made the the frame for the litter he began covering the frame with soft ground and other things he could find, like leaves and the like to make it almost like a soft bed of leaves.

Amdireth and the others had to help because of Benn's arm, but they soon had it finished.
Benn wiped the sweat from his forehead. "Now we just need to get Simrahil on the litter." Benn said.
"And will we be attaching this to Bruin or carrying it on our shoulders?" Benn added, he wondered if a horse as wild as Bruin seemed would be able to carry Simrahil safely on the litter.

Amdireth turned to Mirelwen. "What do you think? W ould Bruin be able to do this?" Amdireth asked.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2007 10:11
Mirelwen looked at Amdireth, her eyes were emotiionless and empty. "He will carry Simrahil, I just have to tell him what is expected of him." She turned to Bruin and whispered quietly to him, telling him what was wrong and that he needed to carry Simrahil without moving him as much as possible.

The horse snorted and pawed the earth, his head nodding up and down. Mirelwen turned back to everyone and she whistled to Palanel, who landed on her outstretched arm. "He will carry Simrahil as safely as he can. Make sure he is calm for the trip, otherwise it will cause problems." She turned and walked away, walking slowly and favoring her left leg a little.

She sighed and continued walking, picking up her pack and putting it on her back. She turned and walked back to them, standing baside Bruin to pet him. Her eyes were sad and yet thoughtful, Mirelwen was sad, but she could not pinpoint the reason for her feelings. Bruin stood still and waited for someone to attach Simrahil to him.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2007 02:09
Nathron carefully attached the harness that they had made, that carried Silmrahil, to the horse's saddle. He felt his friend's brow, it was hot. Nathron frowed, a small sigh escaping his lips.

"We should get moving, I'll stay beside him...make sure he is alright."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2007 02:45
"You won't be the only one that stays beside him." Amdireth said, she walked on the side oposite of Nathron.
She knew she had to lead but she could not let herself leave Simrahil's side, he had always been there for her when she was wounded.

Benn walked ahead with Mirelwen. He kept an eye on the road ahead, making sure no enemies would come near, although he doubted that anyone would be crazy enough to be walking around here.
"Where are we going anyway? Will we be heading to Rivendell to retrieve our horses and and get him fixed up? You know the best healer in all of Arda resides there." Benn pointed out.

Amdireth had not thought of exactly where they were going.
"We will need our horses back. I guess Rivendell would be our best bet, what do you think?" Amdireth asked Nathron and Leassa.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2007 04:11
"Rivendell...indeed it seems our best course of action. But we will have to take it slowly, I do not know how much Silmrahil can take. An elf he may be, but these wounds trouble me, he also seems to be slightly feverish." Nathron fell silent for a moment.

"I think that we had better just get there."
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2007 07:23
Leassa watched Benn make the litter intently. After he had finished, she was sure that she could make a litter as well as he had.

She listened to what Natron said about Simrahil's wounds and raised an eyebrow. "I'm not surprised he's feverish," said Leassa wryly. "But we ought to get to Rivendell as quickly as possible." They started to move, travelling painfully slow for Leassa. She felt like a pent-up animal, though there was space all around her.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2007 09:39
Amdireth's gaze continued to fall upon Simrahil's white face, his forehead had drops of sweat on it.
Amdireth sighed sadly and wiped his sweat away with her cloak.
Simrahil had never gotten this ill before, this wounded.

They trudged on, silence surrounded them. No one seemed to be able to think of anything to say, there didn't seem to be anything to say.
Benn looked back at Amdireth, he had never seen her so sad and frightened. Benn thought she looked like a young child that was about to lose her big brother.
Benn was sad as well but he did not feel as much pain as everyone else, he had not known Simrahil for a long time.

Then suddenly dark rain clouds rolled in. Thunder cracked open the heavens and water came down in huge droplets.
Amdireth quickly placed her cloak over Simrahil.
"We should find shelter for the night, for Simrahil's sake." Amdireth said. A loud crack of thunder echoed through the dark sky.
Lightning lit up the night sky with such bright light that for two seconds it seemed like day again.
Benn rushed ahead with Mirelwen and Leassa to find some shelter for them.

Amdireth stayed behind, she gently ran her hands through Bruin's mane to keep him clam during the storm, he seemed a little edgey, but not much, after all he was Elven bred.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2007 10:16
Mirelwen ran ahead to look for shelter with Benn and Leassa. Her eyes scanned frantically for some type of niche or something to use for shelter. She found a little place where some overhanging rocks and she led them to it. Around it was a bunch of evergreen trees and the rock was overhead in a small section.

They put Simrahil in the little niche to keep him out of the storm. Mirelwen went to Bruin and patted his side, giving words of praise to the horse, for his pride was great. He snorted and trotted off into the surrounding trees. Palanel was sitting on a small rock beside Simrahil, staring at the Elf. Palanel gave a cry and dissappeared into the air. Mirelwen turned to Nathron and Amdireth.

"He is in really bad shape and needs some other strength besides his own. Would you like me to give some of mine to him? Lrod Elrond taught me how, but he said only in grave situations should it be used. I think this is as grave as it gets, or I could give him some of the liquid. It would not help as much as sharing my strength, but it would make him more stable.

What do you say, I will leave this up to you two." She turned around and saw Palanel back on the rock beside simrahil. The falcon had went and fetched somw fresh athelas leaves. They were in his beak and on the rock also.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2007 10:29
"I do not think it would be wise to share your strength Mirelwen, you need it for yourself and we still have a long way to go." Amdireth said, but then she turned to Nathron.
"What do you think?" Amdireth asked, her brown eyes held a great sadness in them.

Benn sat under a tree, he still got wet though. Usually when they stopped it was his job to fetch the firewood, but firewood wasn't any use to them at this point.
Benn wihed then that he had not torn his cloak and left it behind, he was cold from all the rain, but he didn't want to complain.
Amdireth looked over at young Benn, sitting alone.
She took off her cloak and gave it to him. "Here, you can use mine. I like the rain, it won't bother me. I also have an extra blanket in my pack." Amdireth said, she smiled slightly.
Benn did not want to accept her cloak but she would not have no for an answer so he took it and wrapped it around himself.
He would be sure to give it back to her in the morning.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2007 11:20
Any breaches in Simrahils skin had started to stop bleeding, sue mainly to Leassa applying pressure onto them. But the wounds themself did not heal very well, some of the gashes were simply too large, and many of them infected. Simrahil remained unconsious for a long time, and occasionally when he began to feel things around him again, he slipped back into darkness.

Findell, who had been a faithful companion to Simrahil throughout his short eagle life, had disappeared. Maybe he had thought his friend was dead, of maybe he was still following them somewhere, and was simply lying in the shadows, with some strange feeling of grief.

minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2007 11:33
"No, do not use your powers yet." Nathron shook his head.

His hair hung limp and wet, he was soaked through to the bone. He tried to dry his cloths as best as he could but it was to little avail.

"Accursed weather....." He said something very colourful in several languages.

Nathron pulled himself into a tight ball, trying to keep as warm as possible. He was not ill, nor hurt (well...except for his back, which was numb right now) he was just miserable. He kept on muttering about how awful the weather was until he finally fell into a doze.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2007 04:12
Amdireth sighed quietly. She remembered the days long gone when she barely had any worries.
Her life as a child she had trouble remembering, it all seemed a blur to her now, after all the adventures she had been on. But she did remember the lands she had traveled with her friends in the passed years and wished it was like that over again.
She looked over at Simrahil and wanted to cry, but felt too tired.
"Coem back Simrahil, I miss you so much." Amdireth whispered.
Without her even knowing a tear rolled down her cheek, it was raining sohard you couldn't tell a rain drop from a tear.

By dawn the rain had subsided, but the land was very muddy.
Benn walked over to Amdireth and laid her cloak over her, she was still asleep.
She woke when she felt the weight of the wet cloak on her.
"Did it keep you warm Benn?" Amdireth asked, she stood.
"For a while, but then it got very wet and cold. Do not worry about me right now, you must make sure that you do not get ill from grief. He has not died yet Amdireth." Benn said.
Amdireth stared at him with surprise. She did not thinking she was grieving, she was very upset but not grieving.

"I don't think you understand." Amdireth said, she looked at Simrahil.
"What wouldn't I be able to understand?" Benn asked.
"You have not traveled the world with him Benn! He is my best friend, everyone here is! Some are closer than others, like Nathron and Leassa but you and Mirelwen came in later in my life. I love you both and would hate to see you hurt but watching Simrahil lie there in a fever pains me, for he is more like an older brother than a friend." Amdireth said, she could not hold back the pain anymore.

Then she covered her face and wept into her hands.
Benn walked over and touched her lightly with his hand.
"Go tie the litter to Bruin. We need to get moving." Amdireth said, she folded her arms across her chest and stared down at the ground.
Benn took a step back then turned around and walked over to Simrahil.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2007 04:38
Nathron had wated to go to Amdireth, to comfort her, but Benn got there first. He smiled, shaking his head. The boy was learning quickly. He had slept near to Silmrahil, watching over his friend closely.

When Benn came over he helped him with the litter. "That was a good thing you did, Benn." He said with a small smile.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2007 10:13
Leassa stood up and wrung her soaking cloak out. Water dripped from the sodden fabric into the already muddy ground, but she shrugged it on all the same as if it was dry already. Wet clothes or dry, it did not matter what they were as long as they were still able to be worn. She checked her sword and knifes for marks or nicks in the blade, something she did every morning and evening, and was ready to move on before the litter was tied to Bruin again.

She saw Amdireth crying into her hands and Benn trying to comfort her, and frowned. She knew that she was upset about Simrahil and knew why. He was not dead yet, but hanging on the brink of death, and no one could bear to see him that weak.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2007 09:04
Simrahil was lying down in the cave, silent, and still. The rain outside was falling gently, and over the fields great belts of rain oculd be seen sweeping across the plains and forests of the north.

Everyone was upset, or in tears. The atmosphere was tense, but free.

In Simrahils mind a darkness hung, deep and unfaltering. Then with a hand of light something stretched out to him. Death reached out to him, waited for a moment, observing the soul before it. But something changed in the mind of the elf, and death moved on slowly, fading into the sky.

Simrahil, though weak and feeble from the fall, was beginning to get better.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2007 01:36
Benn nodded. "I have never seen her so sad." Benn said.

Then they moved on. Amdireth hoped so much that they would reach Rivendell before Simrahil was too far gone to be saved from death.
Then as she walked she slipped in some mud and landed face first into the muddy and wet ground.
Benn jumped over to help her but she held up her hand and pushed herself up. Her hair fell loosely from the piece of twine that held it back.
Amdirteh threw back her dripping wet, and muddy hair from her face and used her cloak to wipe the remaining mud from her face.

Benn was shocked to see Amdireth glare at him then turn back to the road. He had only wanted to help her.
Benn began to wonder what would happen to Amdireth first Simrahil died. She already seemed to be in pain, how would she be able to go on with life if he died?

Amdireth walked on in her own thoughts. Most of her thoughts were about Simrahil, but sometimes her thoughts would stray to the first days they met. She smiled weakly and even laughed quietly.
She had been so young then, Benn's age. Now she was twenty two and a great warrior. She sighed, she didn't care about what she was in the world. So what if she was a great warrior? She would give up her ranks and glory if she could get Simrahil back, get him healthy again.
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email