Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Ranger's Apprentice.KEEP
on: February 08, 2007 09:27
Leassa looked into the trees, but she could see nothing. She drew her sword as slowly as she could without making any noise, and the blade glinted in the moonlight.

"We have two options," she said quietly to Amdireth. "We stay and fight whatever it is, with the chance it will be stronger than us or outnumber us, or we can try and outrun it. Our horses are fast, but we do not know what this unseen enemy is. Of course, it could always be a friend, but what friend would come upon us at night?" She rubbed Ira's neck with her free hand to soothe the nervous horse.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2007 08:40
Simrahil had dismounted slowly, as he expected whatever secrets these lands held were not troubled by darkness. He slowly pulled out his bow, and he took an arrow from the load of them he had.

"What do you think it is"he asked anyone. But a sudden fear gripped his and he loosed the arrow into the darkness by accident. He had never done this before, and it was like a blow to his superior skill. He looked around and saw the others looking at him, then a low, heartwrenching growl echoed around them. And a fire lit up in the near distance, showing the small area around it. Simrahil managed to see a tail quickly vanish back into the darkness, and he shouted at the top of his lungs for everyone to run.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2007 09:04
(I'm curious, does anyone really know what this is, I'll run but is this just going to be an unknown enemy?)

Amdireth glared at Simrahil when he loosed his arrow.
How could he do something so stupid!? Amdireth thought angrily.
Then they heard the low growl and Simrahil shouted at them to run for their lives.
Gwenneth raced over to Amdireth and Amdireth grabbed the saddle as she passed and even while Gwenneth was running she was able to hoist herself into the saddle without slowing at all.
Amdireth took off, she didn't want to look back. Then she heard a cry for help and then she saw a riderless horse race by.
"Benn!" Amdireth cried. She saw that his horse had spooked and left him behind.
Amdireth raced over to him and pulled him onto Gwenneth then they rode away.
"What about Darkfire?" Benn asked.
"He'll return to you, he's probably going to end up following us anyway." Amdireth assured him.
The creature, whatever it was, was still behind them, or at least thats what she thought so they continued to ride on, she knew they would probably ride until dawn finally came.

(We will be needing to get to the dragon eventually, maybe this ride will lead them closer or something)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2007 09:44
((OOC - No idea what it could be ))

Leassa turned Ira round in a wide circle and they started to gallop after the others. She bent low over her horse's neck, sheathing her sword as they fled. She drew her serrated knfe from her boot instead, it make her feel more comfortable that she could defend herself. Then she had a thought, and she felt her blood run cold.

Ira put on another spurt of speed and they were soon galloping next to Amdireth. "Amdireth," Leassa said so only she could hear. "If we keep at this speed in this direction, we will reach the... the dragon in less time than any of us thought!" She tried to disguise the panic in her voice, but it was hard to do.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2007 04:14
Amdireth felt a hint of fear slip into her heart.
"Well, that's what we're supposed to do, find the dragon." Amdireth said, she tried to sound confident but her confidence was wavering.
Benn's eyes widened. "When do you think..." Benn started to ask.
"I don't know, probably by dawn." Amdireth said.
Her eyes continued to scan the sky above them and the mountains that seemed to be coming ever nearer.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2007 04:44
ooc: i think i have almost completely abandoned this website. by accident. i see we want to find a dragon. if one of u could summarized what happened since my last post so i don't have to read 2 or 3 pages and get right back to posting that would be wonderful. i'm sorry i haven't been around.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 05:20
Aria slowed her horse. The group had been traveling for a while now, and she was unusually quiet. They were looking for a dragon. Rather, searching for the dragon to make sure it wasn't harming anything. How could dragons not harm anything? she thought to herself. Everyone seemed unsure of themselves, as if they didn't think they wanted to find the dragon anymore. What are these rangers? Aren't they supposed to be fearless? Unwavering in the face of death, yet shunned by the local person? What was a ranger for, if not for protection within the storm, even in the eye when everything seems alright? Yet I am hearing their voices waver, as if they should turn back, abandon their people? It is not as if there is not a healer around, should one of them fall. Is there no leader to guide them through this? Aria thought all of this, almost disgusted. They were allowed some fear, but that didn't mean to turn back or falter, even if a horse was spooked or a growl was heard. She sped up, her horse galloping to the front. She was a fighter. She fought to save people's lives with her medicin, and now she was going to fight to save them with an arrow and a bow.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 06:24
Nathron had paced along the tree branch. He had been doing it for the last hour. It was horrible, feeling on edge, and as if you were being watched by a thousand shadows. He shook his head and looked back up into the sky.

The sun had barely peaked the horizon. Finally. He jumped off of the branch, stumbling slightly as his injured leg gave out on him. He steadied himself, stood up straighter, and walked quickly to Ross, embarrased.

He patted Ross, then turned to his companions.

"We should leave, now." He said.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 06:36
Mirelwen watched Nathron jump down and saw how his leg gave out on him. She shook her head as she watched him try and gain some composure. She patted Bruin's neck and received a snort of indignance from the proud horse. She laughed at the horse and got her bow on her bakc and her quiver, putting her knives in lastly. She walked over to Nathron and stood beside him. "What do you think that thing was, it gave off a most upleasant feeling, I once again felt as if I was trapped in Mordor, but I think this is more ancient than that." She glanced at him sideways, waiting for a reaction. Bruin nudged her again and she fell on the ground, this time hitting a root. She cursed again and pushed herself up.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 06:48
Nathron looked at Mirelwen with gentle eyes, he looked back over to Ross, grooming the great red horse with care.

"I couldn't say, I know the feel, but not the creature." He shook his head sadly. "Yes, evil is the feel of the creature. It takes me back to the days of the kinslaying, and when Gondolin fell...Those were horrible times." Nathron fell silent.

He suddenly saw Mirelwen fall to the ground, Nathron laughed slightly and helped her up.

"Are you alright?" He asked, still smiling.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 10:36
" Yes I am fine, but my horse is not going to be if he pushes me one more time. I will send him back to Imladris and walk, or send word for another horse. MY father's horse, Asfaloth." She smiled and evilly sweet smile at Bruin and he shook his head side to side violently. Mirelwen laughed and patted the horse's neck. "That makes the third time Bruin has knocked me to the ground, and simply I am sick of it. HE pushed me on a rock the first two times, and it cut me. Then the root, I hate to see what comes next." She gave Nathron a joking look of anger and an amused smile. "I think he has it in for me, he does not like being here at all. HE feels the tension and evil like we do. It just has him shook up a little, he should be fine."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 10:47
"We have to continue, we have wasted enough time I think." Amdireth said.
She looked ahead at the mountains that had come so close during the nights ride. "There is our destination. I don't know how much farther we can take our horses, we are in the dragon's territory now." Amdireth said, she looked at Gwenneth and she side stepped.
"I am going to send Gwenneth off now. She will probably head to her home, Rivendell. Maybe once this whole adventure is over we can retrieve our horses, or send word for them. What do you think?" Amdireth said.

Amdireth led the walk on foot. The mountains seemed so ominous, but Amdireth was ready to do whatever had to be done.
She looked at Benn. "Are you ready boy?" Amdireth asked, she did not use him name to show that she meant business, this was not fun anymore.
"Yes." Benn whispered.
Then Amdireth turned back to the trail ahead of them and kept walking.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 01:46
Nathron rode a little ways off the group, and when they sent their horses away he still walked a little ways off. He felt restless and felt as if he would lash out at the nearest person should one wander to close.

His hand kept inching over the hilt of his sword, and he constantly had to remind himself that the people nearby were friends not enemies. This place scarred him more then he carred to admit.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 02:59
(OOC:O.k, i thought that it WAS the dragon, but obviously i didn't make it very clear that was what i had picturedNever mind, let us leave it as a mystery to whatever that creature was)

Simrahil could not stop thinking about the accident of the arrow earlier. He felt like he had been hit with a severe blow, he had not been so careless before. But the fear that had gripped him was a shock, and he could remember it from a time long ago, when he was fighting a battle. It was a similar feeling, and thats why he had been so shocked.

But he tried to forget about it. He saw the mountains rise out of the horizon, and longed to not be travelling with the group. He was feeling the need to travel on his own again. But there was a pull towards his friends that he could not resist. And the adventure was only beginning.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 03:57
(I'm sorry Irmo, but I didn't know what it was)

Amdireth looked around cautiously as she walked.
She noticed that everyone seemed on edge, but Nathron seemed the most at this point.
Amdireth suddenly turned to him and was about to speak but Nathron pulled out his sword and struck at her.
Amdireth had lightning quick reflexes and was able to block the blow, but she stared at her friend in shock.
Then her shock turned into anger and she pushed him back with the force of her sword.
"What are you thinking Nathron!? I was merely going to ask what was wrong, why you looked so nervous, and you would have chopped my head off if I didn't have my fast reflexes!" Amdireth shouted angrily.
She still held her sword up and ready for anything.

Benn watched in shock, he thought they were best friends.
Now it looked as if they were in for a duel.
"Shouldn't we continue?" Benn asked, his voice was very quiet.
Amdireth glared at Benn, then turned her gaze back to Nathron, waiting for him to reply.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 04:06
Nathron felt so on edge. Was everyone watching him? Were there enemies behind every blade of grass? He shifted uneasily. Something about this place made him feel very uncomfortable, he didn't even notice when Amdireth aprroached.

So, the figure stading beside him was not Amdireth, his friend, but was an enemy come to hurt him. Nathron struck out with his sword. His blow was blocked, and Nathron felt himself pushed away. He could not help but feel very frightened, and very ashamed when he saw that it was Amdireth.

What was happening to him? Why did he attack? He did not seem to be able to get enough air, he felt so scarred and he couldn't explain why. Nathron did not know what to do.

"I......I....Amdireth...I'm sorry....I can't help myself. ...I" He stammered on for a minitue, bu he could not do his tongue justice. He was very frightened.

Nathron turned about and vanished among he trees. Horrified, scarred. He needed some time to himself. He needed to sort this out.

"I'm so sorry, Amdireth." He whispered aloud, putting his head in his hands. He would follow them, but at a distance.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 10:20
Mirelwen had watched the scene between Nathron and Amdireth. She understood being on edge and feeling like being watched, for she felt this way also. She was far behind, but not so far as to not be able to hear faintly what was going on ahead. She wished to walk to alone and soak up what she could of quiet and peace, before they found the dragon. She walked, not paying attention to her surroundings at all, lost in thoughts of her past and possible future. How had so much evil plauged my life. Why all the suffering and pain to my soul? Is there a reason behind this, tourment? Tell me, give me a sign as to why I have to suffer so.
She had thought these things, but did not realize she had dropped to her knees, her arms spread to the weastern sky, questioning her life aloud. She got up and continued walking, trying not to feel anything at all, to harden her heart so that she did fel anything if they reached an old evil again, so it would not bring up such painful memories. Mirelwen watched the group of friends ahead of her and smiled. The ywere all so dear, even if she did not know the mall very well, she felt they were friends, people she could trust with anything. Her head snapped around to the right as she heard a twig snap. She drew an arrow and her bow, letting the arrow fly into a bush.
She heard an animal squeal, the nno more sounds. She cursed softly and went to the bush, picking up a rabbit.
"Well, I guess I shal save this for later, I suppose." she made a face and put it in her pack. Mirelwen felt a tug on her pack and looked around. She saw an old friend on her pack, his head in the opening trying to get the rabbit. "Palanel, you came back! It is about time my friend, where have you been exactly." HE cocked his head and nipped her cheek a little, leaving a small scratch. ONce he got the rabbit, he tried pulling off a piece, but could not. She laughed and held on while he pulled, until he got a sufficient amount of rabbit.She put it back and and looked ahead, the nrealized she had lost sight of her companions. She sent Palanel to see if he could see them.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 12:11
Amdireth felt anger stir in her that she had never felt towards her friend before, and she felt ashamed but it would not leave.

She stormed ahead, not caring that Nathron had retreated.
Benn walked uneasily beside her.
"You can't for get Nathron, he's your friend." Benn whispered.
Amdireth glared at him. "Does a friend strike at you?" Amdireth asked, her voice was cold, like nothing Benn had ever heard.
"No, a friend does not, but you know very well that everyone is on edge. Even you are, that's why you're so angry." Benn said.
Amdireth looked down at the ground. "I don't know Benn, I just need some time alone." Amdireth whispered, then she walked ahead.

Soon Amdireth was just a speck before them. Benn stayed behind with Leassa and Simrahil and the others.
"I have never seen them so upset at each other before. I thought they were inseperable." Benn said.
He hoped they would come around before they met with the dragon.

Amdireth kicked a stone. Voices were yelling at her in her head, she could not sort them out for there seemed to be no morfe room in her mind.
He tried to kill you, you should not travel with him anymore...he is your most loyal friend, you cannot break such a wonderful friendship.
Amdireth just kept walking, trying hard to sort her thoughts.

Then a shadow covered her for a split second.
Amdireth looked up and saw nothing, but felt evil surrounding her.
Amdireth wanted to run back and be with her friends that were almost out of her view, but she knew that if she ran she would be found by the dragon and killed.
Amdireth looked in the direction they had been going, she looked ahead.
The mountain's boulders that had fallen were at the foot of the mountain, she could hide there.

Amdireth took off at a run.
She heard the sound of wings of enormous size lifting into the air.
Amdireth dove behind a boulder just as swirling flame shot at her.
Amdireth leaned against the boulder, breathing hard and afraid to move.
She had a good covering but would not last for long.
After a few minutes the dragon left, she saw him fly back into his cave which seemed to be very close to the top of the mountain that she was at the foot of.
Amdireth breathed out and looked to see if anyone was insight.
She could see no one anymore and that sent a shiver up her spine.
She was alone with a dragon too close for comfort, she would be dead in few days most likely, unless she was able to rejoin her friends.
She thought about going out to find them but images of the dragon simply waiting for her in it's cave entrance haunted her and she could not move from her spot.
Then she thought about Benn, her responsibilty.
"I have failed him, I hope the others can take care of him." Amdireth thought, she knew her friends would.
Then she felt tears roll down her cheeks.
"I'm sorry Nathron." Amdireth whispered, she wished she could tell him that, she hoped she would be able to see everyone again.

(Don't let them instantly find Amdireth, I want there to be a little trouble, and I want them to go into the dragon cave for some reason, maybe Simrahil can get captured by the dragon while they are trying to save Amdireth. I don't know if you guys have ideas too)
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 03:22
Nathron kept his distance away from the group. He was angry at himself, angry that he had lashed out like that. He kept as far away from them as he could. Why didn't he just turn around and leave now? He was surely not going to be wanted!

They would all despise him now, he would be better off leaving them...but he had made a promise to Benn...And that he could not forget, and he could not leave Silmrahil. Ahh! Curse it all, he would stay near.

A shadow passed overhead at a great speed, Nathron looked up and saw the dragon! His voice seemed to have stopped working, he felt such fear as he had rarely experianced. He was literally rooted to the spot.

But the dragon ignored him, instead it grabbed another. Nathron could tell, even at this distance, that it was Amdireth.
Nathron ran ahead, following it as best as he could, it was soon out of sight but still he kept running. Until finally he tripped over a root, falling heavily to the ground.

Nathron laid there for a moment, breathing hard with panick and worry. He gritted his teeth and rose to his feet, he had to keep going and he could not do it alone.

He travelled until he found the others, he stood a good distance away from them, backing away whenever one got to close.

"We have to get Amdireth back." He said, loudly enough for all to hear.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 10:20
Leassa saw the dragon in the skies ahead and felt her muscles seize up. She stood there, rooted to the spot, not capable to move, fear written openly on her face. When it was out of sight, she tried to calm her rapid breathing, and put her hands on her knees, breathing slowly. Her mind was in turmoil. She hated to think of it, but if she was terrified this far away then what would she be like closer to it?

Leassa heard Nathron speak and put her hands over her face. She was torn between going to find Amdireth and staying where she was. Willing her legs not to give way underneath her, she walked up to Nathron. "Yes, we do," she agreed, instantly regretting the decision. "And don't feel bad about what... happened earlier, I used to be like that all the time even when I wasn't scared stiff," Leassa said, smiling. She looked away when a flicker of fear crossed her face, and hoped that nobody had noticed yet. She knew already that it was going to be hard to keep it from everyone, as they got closer to the dragon.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 11:12
Simrahil knew that if they did not stay together then they were all put in serious danger.

"Nathron and Leassa, you take the left side of the mountain, Ben and i will take the right" Simrahil said to everyone, then he looked at Ben, and they both began to run up to the mountain. Simrahil cast a few spare glances at Leassa and Nathron who were growing more and more distant. And hoped they would be alright. But after a while had passed of steady running, Simrahil realised that he and Ben were steadily ascending the mountain, and the little specks in the distant that were his friends were far below them as well as far away.

Simrahil stopped and turned to Ben.

"It looks like we have come the wrong way, We should turn back before anything ha..." And he stopped. a sudden fear playing on his face. Seeing this Ben turned to the direction Simrahil was looking, and he too saw the Dragon descending in circles towards them.

Simrahil grabbed at Bens arm and they began to sprint ven thurther up the mountain. It was tough, but the soil was sandy and they could run for a while longer yet. Soon they found a cave, a dark, and dingy place, but they both shot into it, hoping the dragon was still far away and could not see them.
Simrahil told Ben to be quiet and hide in a corner of the cave. When he looked out into the immense light, he saw the great orange figure come towards the cave they were in, swoop down, and land on the hard stone.

Simrahil stood still for a moment, hardly daring to breathe. and then he attempted to shoot into another corner, but as he did a huge tail came swinging over his head to land before him. Then Simrahil stared into the eyes of the huge beast and realised thathis time was over. Never would he see his friends again, never would he feel the sun on his face, never would he see valinor again.

Simrahil whipped out his arrows and his bow, and shouted for ben to run. Then as fast as lightening, as he saw Ben flee out of the corner of his eye, he held an arow in place and shot it into the stomach of the dragon. But against the tough scales it did little. He The dragon seemed to smile in Simrahils eyes, and the tail came swinging under Simrahils feet, kncking him over. Simrahil felt a crack, but he got up again, and tried to runtowards the exit of the cave, fearing the fire that may come from the Dragon at any time. But it did not, and the tail hit him one last time in Simrahils legs flinging him into the air and over the side of the crevice outside the cave. Smrahil grabbed at anything he could on his way down the side of the mountain, but there were few rocks, and the soil ran between his fingers. He heard snapping on his way down. But from then he could not remember a thing.

He fainted, and soon came to a bulge in the land which ended his fall. the grass around him was spongey, but the fall was from so high, and many of the bones in his legs and arms were cracked. his eyes gently opened, searching for his friends, but there was only peace, and pain. His eyes closed.

(He is not dead, only severely damaged.. Im afraid you may not have seen the end of Simrahil yet)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 10:12
Amdireth gasped when she saw Simrahil falling from the dragon cave.
She ran over to him and pulled him into the safety of the big boulders.
She could see that he was very badly wounded, tears rolled down her cheeks. She wasn't a healer and wasn't sure what to do.
Then she remembered that she had seen Benn with him.
She looked up and saw the dragon trying to corner him.
Amdireth pulled out her bow and began shooting at the dragon.
It only caught his attention and made him angry.
He swooped down and his great claws trying to wrap around her and Simrahil.
Amdireth stabbed at his feet, but was unable to harm him and the dragon then got a good grip around her and Simrahil and he took off into the air.

Amdireth did not struggle, there was nothing she could do.
She saw Benn still standing on the mountain.
"Run Benn! Find Nathron and Leassa and the others!" Amdireth shouted to him.
Benn turned and ran as fast as he could.

Then Amdireth and Simrahil were dropped in the cave.
The dragon eyed then with a smile.
"I thought I would only be getting one meal, but it looks like I'll have two." The dragon said with a smile.
"You will not have either of us!" Amdireth shouted, she pulled out a sword that had been half buried in treasure.
The dragon laughed. "You think that sword can kill me, Lomaw the Destroyer?" Lomaw asked with an evil smile.
The dragon flicked his tail at Amdireth and she flew through the air and hit the wall.
Amdireth felt her breath get knocked out of her but she seemed alright other than that.
Amdireth dragged Simrahil into a dark corner and she sat there, waiting to die.

After what seemed like hours she looked out to see what Lomaw that dragon was doing.
He was watching outside. "He wants the others, we are bait." Amdireth whispered.
"You got that right. One of your party seems injured, and the others will lose their nerve once I get close. It should be an easy meal." Lomaw said with a smile.
Amdireth sank back into the dark corner and began to cry, she was completely helpless.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 01:15
Nathron agreed to go with Leassa. Though he maintained his silence as they traveled, what if he could not control himself next time? What if he hurt another of his friends? Leassa tried to comfort him but he brushed her away. The only reason he was with her at all was for Amdireth and the Dragon.

Suddenly he saw Benn running up, out of breath, a terrible expression on his youthful face. Nathron listened tot he boy's explanation of the dragon attack. He could not wait any longer.

Nathron ran towards the dragon lair. He knew that there was probably a trap set for them. It was often the case with dragons, he recalled, and he carefully made his way towards the dragon.

He was awed by the creature he saw there, but Nathron knew that he would probably fight for his life now. Even if it ment his death. He could not see Amdireth, or Silmrahil nearby.
He hid himself very well and began a riddle, for that is how you destract dragons, while he looked for his friends.

"Oh, such a mighty dragon, indeed, sir, I am humbled by your presence." He said.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 02:34
Lomaw was suddenly distracted by the voice he heard.
He was very upset that someone had gotten past him, he searched madly.
"I see there is a flatterer in my midst, why don't you show yourself, or tell me your name?" Lomaw asked as he pawed around for the person.

After a while Lomaw became very angry. "If you do not show yourself I will kill one of your friends, for I know that is why you have come." Lomaw said angrily.

Then Benn ran in, he didn't know why but he did.
He thought he heard someone calling him, or something and he raced in.
Lomaw smiled when he saw Benn. "Looks like I'll have to settle for killing you." Lomaw growled, he knew Benn was not the voice.
Then he raised his head and seemed to take a deep breath.

"Run Benn! Run!" Amdireth screamed at the top of her lungs.
Benn took off as fast as he could.
Lomaw blew fire at Benn, his growl echoed through out the cave.
Benn felt a terrible burning on his left arm.
Benn looked down at his arm and saw that it was black, and the skin was shriveled up and looked melted, as it was falling off.
Benn cried out and ran to Leassa.
"Leassa, am I going to die?" Benn asked, although only his arm had been burned.
It was a very bad burn but he would not lose his arm, he would probably not be able to use it for a while.

Lomaw watched with a smile as Benn got away, he was merely toying with him.
"You see now, flatterer, what I can do to your friends. Come out and show yourself or one of your friends will become my dinner, not just a toy." Lomaw said, his voice grew in rage as he spoke.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 03:11
Mirelwen had seen the shadow and she had nearly dropped to the ground as her old memories and fears were awakened at the presence. She ran hard to the mountain and saw Benn, LEassa and Simrahil. She gasped when she saw the two males there. Her friend Palanel the falcon, was circling up above high, watching the mouth of the cave. HE gave a whistle and went higher, letting Mirelwen know he had spotted the source, the dragon.
Then she heard the dragon and she was unsure of herself, of how to help, and she was also unsure of why she was here, on the earth. She looked around as if confused, like she was searching for answers to her questions. Her eyes looked around and searched the sky for Palanel, who had dissapeared. "Palanel, tolo si." She called quietly to him, and she whistled like a falcon to get his attention. HE landed on her shoulder and nipped her cheek again, trying to get her attention. She looked at him and his head tilted to the mountain at the top. Mirelwen nodded and sent him on, the nfollowed him and started to climb to the top, all the way to the summit.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 03:26
Nathron was thinking of how to reply, but Benn suddenly came onto the scene. His arm was burt half off, and Nathron had to keep from attacking the creature.

"Ah, your display! I had so wanted to see it! But my name is of deep meaning, so perhaps youll find the answer, perhaps not, but I expect no less for one so wretched as you. I am called the cripple, the I am the old one, I am man friend, and I am elf friend. I have no love. And I am your enemy, foul beast! So name me if you can, dragon!" Nathron built up his courage and moved out into the open.

"Catch me if you can!" He shouted then ran behind a large boulder. He needed to give his friends time to get away. He made appearances of himself every so often, to keep the dragon interested, trying to lure him from his cave.

"Oh! Your not so mighty as I had hoped! You can scarecly catch me, the weakling, the evil slayer!" He taunted to the dragon.

[Edited on 14/2/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 10:00
"No Benn, you are not going to die," Leassa said, smiling reassuringly. She was trying to push the presence of the dragon to the back of her mind, concentrating on dressing Benn's arm. "I can't work properly in this light," she said to no one in particular. "I'll bandage it properly when we get into the light, but this'll do for now. Chew this for the pain. And you're not going to die before we get out, I promise you," she added to Benn, handing him a few sprigs of a herb she found in her pouch.

Leassa turned to Simrahil, and understood why Amdireth had been crying. "Ideally," she explained to Amdireth in a hushed voice, talking to keep the thought of the dragon out of her mind, "I would splint the broken arm, or leg. We have no materials to splint it with, though. I have bandages, but we need sticks of some sort to keep the limbs straight. And I can't even see the extent of his injuries in this light. I don't think his back is broken... Well, we can only hope, otherwise I doubt he will see the light of day again."

She stood up and looked over at Nathron, who was hiding behind a boulder. She knew what he was doing, keeping the dragon occupied so that they could escape. "We going to have to try and get out of here," Leassa said gravely.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2007 02:51
Amdireth nodded, then she looked at Simrahil they would have to carry him out.
She looked at Benn, she knew he wouldn't be able to help with his burned arm, so Amdireth took it on herself to carry him out, since she was the one who had gotten them into this.
Amdireth lifted Simrahil, although it took all her strength.
Benn wanted to help but he couldn't, so he stood there quietly.
"Run Benn, you'll have a chance to escape." Amdireth said.
"I'm not leaving you." Benn said.
"Benn listen, we need someone to get out of here alive so that incase we all perish someone will be able to tell our captain what has happened." Amdireth said firmly.
Benn nodded, then he looked to the entrance.

"You should know better than to toy with me, cripple. You will not stand a chance." Lomaw said, his voice burned with irritation.
Then he blew fire again, the ball swirled around the boulder that Nathron his behind.
Then Lomaw became angry. He began to claw at the boulder, wanting to rip it up.

Benn knew this was his chance to escape.
Benn dashed for the mouth of the cave and ran out.
When he got outside he tripped and rolled a little way down the hill, but he soon got back to his feet and ran down.
When he came to the foot of the mountain he hid behind some boulders and watched the mouth of the cave.

Amdireth smiled, the dragon hadn't even noticed.
Then she realized that she would have to get Nathron out of here.
"Leassa, take Simrahil out of here. I have to help Nathron." Amdireth said determindly.
She did not let Leassa say anything about the matter, Leassa and Simrahil were going to get out of here alive, even if Nathron and herself did not.

Once Amdireth saw that Leassa and Simrahil had gotten out of the cave Amdireth made her way over to Nathron.
"Everyone is out, we have to find a way to dispose of this dragon. If we leave him alive he'll kill us." Amdireth said.
She put her hand to her sword hilt.
"If you are able to make him reveal his most soft area I'll stab him, he does not know I am here." Amdireth said.

Lomaw growled again. "Come out cripple, come and confront me if you are so wise and brave." Lomaw said, then he shot another ball of fire at him.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2007 03:40
"You should know better than to toy with me, cripple. You will not stand a chance."

Nathron bristled as the fireball rolled over the boulder he was hiding behind. That was to close for comfort. SOme of his cloths had burned and he had minor burns on his skin. It was nothing, he did not even notice it.

"You call that power? I call it cowardace" His words were rewarded by another blast of flame. Oh Valar save him! He was such the fool, but his friends needed a little more time. He only hoped he would last.

"Everyone is out, we have to find a way to dispose of this dragon. If we leave him alive he'll kill us." "If you are able to make him reveal his most soft area I'll stab him, he does not know I am here."

Nathron was shocked as Amdireth came up beside him. She was willing to put the 'fight' behind them and help save him. Nathron knew he had to think fast. He nodded to Amdireth, silently thanking her.

"Come out cripple, come and confront me if you are so wise and brave." Lomaw said, then he shot another ball of fire at him.

Nathron gasped against the heat then suddenly ran out into the open, his arms spread wide.

"Here I am you foul beast. And now you have seen yourself bested by a mere elf! Give me your best shot you pitiful worm!" Nathron threw his sword at the dragon, it bounced off of his chest but made him rear back on his hind legs.
Now, Amdireth! Now! He thought as he stood there.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2007 04:51
Amdireth felt fear and anger surge through her, then she ran as fast as she could towards the dragon.
She cried out loudly and stabbed the dragon in the belly.
Then after she stabbed him she jumped back as fast as she could, she lost the grip on her sword.

Lomaw grunted loudly, then fell on his stomach.
He glared at the two friends.
"You may have defeated me, but I have one last flame burning in my throat!" Lomaw shouted.

Amdireth looked to the mouth of the cave but she did not think they would make it in time.
"We have to try, come on Nathron! We must run although we may not make it!" Amdireth shouted, she grabbed his hand and ran for the mouth of the cave.
Then a swirling flame shot towards them, it was so large it seemed to fill the cave.
Amdireth could feel the flames behind her and she jumped, she still had a firm grip on Nathron's wrist.
Amdireth could feel the flames about to ingulf her, she was going to die beside her friend.
"Nathron, I am sorry!" Amdireth shouted, then she fell into darkness.

(Nothing is wrong with Amdireth, she isn't dead or badly wounded. Maybe she is a little burned, but not much, I don't want a lot of fuss, she just unconscious. I don't know if Nathron is still going to be conscious and maybe take her to find the others, but whatever.)
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2007 10:03
Leassa looked up from tending Simrahil's wounds, hearing a shout. It was Amdireth's voice, and she told Benn to look for the Elf and see if she was alright while she finished binding Simrahil's wounds. She noticed as soon as she had finished that she had used the last of her athelas, and frowned.

She stood up to see if she could see what had happened, but she could not, and sat down to wait for Benn to return with news of Amdireth and Nathron.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 09:03
Nathron gasped as he learned the dragon's intentions. He felt a hand grip his arm, somewhere in his mind he knew that it was Amdireth, but all that mattered now was that he run. He ran after Amdireth as fast as he could. He felt the heat engulf both him and Amdirehth.

Nathron threw himself upon Amdireth, though it would do little against the heat. He kne that his back was probably burnt. The fires finally stopped.

"Amdireth?" He asked softly, moving to a sitting position.

He saw that she had burns on her, they were not so serious that she couldn't recover, but she was unconciouss. He sighed in relief. They had both survived, and for that he was eternally grateful. But what of Silmrahil? And Benn and Leassa? Were they alright. A pit formed in his stomach with fear for them, but he shrugged it off for the moment.

He had to get Amdireth out of this cave and to where there was water. He picked her up in his arms, suddenly quite aware of the burning sensation in his back. He hissed, sounding very un elf like, as the remaiming fabric of his shirt touched his burnt skin.

It would heal, in time, but that didn't mean it wouldn't hurt. Amdireth was probably in worse shape then he was in. But no time for that. He carried her about the dead corpse of the dragon, which was quickly decaying, and towards the direction where the others had run towards.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 12:32
Mirelwen watched closely and when she saw that they were all away from the cave opening, she jumped at her chance. She pushed the weak boulder in front of her. At first it would not move, but as she used a thick branch for leverage, she slowly started a rockslide that closed the opening to the cave. It blocked the entrance and when the last rock had fell on the rest, she made her way back down to the others.
"Well, I hope that has sealed the cave nicely, and I hope the dragon was crushed by one rock at least. Leassa, do you need my healing herbs from my pack? I am afraid that the bandages may be bloody, for I had to wrap Palanel's rabbit in something." She offered the pack full of herbs and healing salves, then whistled for Palanel. He landed on her outstretched arm and she told him to check the cave and make sure the rocks had sealed it.
The bird took off, leaving Mirlewen to watch him soar t othe sky, circling above the mountain, watching the cave entrance intently. The falcon came back down and landed on a small boulder beside her. He nipped her hand and cocked his head toward the cave then looked at her. He gave a cry and spread his wings, trying to get his message across that the cave was secure.
(If the cave shutting is not alright, or you have something else planned, let me know and I will edit.)
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 02:37
Aria watched all of this from a distance. She could've shot the dragon with her arrow in the ears, or under the arm, but she had been unsure of her aim. She watched as Amdireth fell and the dragon was sealed in its own cave.
How could I have doubted them? They were just being cautious, is all. Here I sit, stunned by all of this, and they fought to save each other. I must help Amdireth, everything seems to be happening to her! All of this went through Aria's mind as she ran up the slope of the mountain to Amdireth's side, her saddlebag of medicines now thumping against her thigh. She collapsed beside Amdireth, to the surprise of Nathron, and noticed that she wasn't badly burned. Aria opened her bag and pulled out a huge vial of naturally made cream to calm and soothe burns and scratches, and gently applied it to Amdireth's face and arms. Luckily, Amdireth was still breathing, any more fire, Aria observed, and she might've died.

ooc: could someone create a situation where Aria could use more talking parts and not just healing everybody? Because I can't think of anything to actually SAY....

[Edited on 2/16/2007 by Aravis17]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 02:43
"Ai! Aria, you gave me quite a scare there. Where have you been hiding?" He said, smiling, pleased to see that someone had survived.

He sat down beside Amdireth, gently holding her so Aria could apply the cream. His own back was burning, he swore that he did not have much, if any, skin left. Of course he was exagerating, but still, it stung.

"Have you seen the others? Silmrahil, and Leassa, and young Benn?"
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email