Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Ranger's Apprentice.KEEP
on: January 20, 2007 09:48
Leassa could not help but grin as the ranger's camp came into view. As soon as she reached it, she dismounted and tied Ira to a tree near the fire. She put her pack at the foot of the tree. Only mildly curious about how the Captain would react to Benn's coming, she did not stay to listen to their conversation.

Instead, Leassa went straight to the fire where all the rangers were sitting and eating, and joined them. She was greeted with claps on the back and shouts of her name, and she smiled back at them, finally back to where she felt was home. They exchanged stories of where they had been and what they had done, and as Leassa told their story everyone fell silent as they listened.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 04:46
Nathron came into the camp, and looked about. He saw the old ranger presently, smoking a pipe away from the fire. He obviously had left space for the younger rangers.

Nathron smiled and walked over to him; the ranger quirked his head at the odd sound he heard, it was more like leaves being blown about by the wind then foot steps but he recognised the voice that greeted him.
"Mae govannen, Turilln, mellon nin," He said, sitting beside the old ranger.
"Mae govannen, Nathron. It has been a while hasn't it?" The old man smiled and Nathorn could see the age written upon his face. He recalled that he was thousands of years this man's age, and still his face was youthful and unmarred.

The two talked about things, adventures for the most part. The old man's blindness seemed not to have affected him. Then Nathron told him of Benn and the reason they had come here, ommiting certain facts as well. The old ranger seemed pleased.
"I will have to set him through his paces when all is said and done." He said, grinning. Nathron smiled as well, he knew that the old ranger was no simpleton.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 07:38
Amdireth sat down with the Rangers as well. She was good friends with all of them. She smiled when Leassa began to tell the story.
Then the Captain came over and sat by her. "Benn is under your command, you are going to be the one training him." The Captain whispered into her ear. Amdireth nodded.
"He's a smart boy, I think he'll learn quickly." Amdireth said. The Captain nodded in agreement.

Benn slept very well that night, he was exhasuted from all the traveling and would have liked to sleep for a long time, but just as the sun was rising someone nudged him in the ribs with their foot.
Benn opened his eyes slightly and looked up to see Amdireth standing above him. He moaned and started to turn over but Amdireth grabbed his shirt and pulled him to his feet. "Time to get up and start your training." Amdireth said.
Benn's eyes widened. "You are going to train me!" Benn exclaimed excitedly. "Yes, follow me." Amdireth said.
She led him to where she had been trained a long time ago.
She made him climb the tree in complete silence, that one took more than one try.
She worked him until night fell, then he couldn't do anything, but fall onto his bed and sleep.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2007 10:29
Mirelwen had watched everyone catch up with old friends, but she had only known two Rangers really, or been friends with two. Aragorn and Turilln. She watched everyone and walked over to a tree and sat down. she watched Amdireth work with Benn and smiled. Her eyes still held pain in them, but she was coping. Mirelwen sighed and absently began to clean her knives, which had onyx hilts and each held one of the two trees of Valinor. One was made from gold and had a topaz aon the end of the hilt, and the other was a mithril tree with an opal on the end. She sat there and stroked them, trying to remember her family before she was taken in by Glorfindel. She was too small to remember, but she knew these had belonged to her father and his family before him. She continued to clean them with love and care, until the blades shone and the jewels were like stars in the night. thyen she took her bow out and inspected it also, checking for cracks and any frays in the string. Once she finished, she made a makeshift talan in the trees and layed there on it, but never fell asleep watching the people below.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2007 02:06
Amdireth sighed. She sat down after a lot of work with Benn.
"Is that all you are going to teach me Amdireth?" Benn asked.
"For now, do you think you could handle anymore?" Amdireth asked with a smile.
Benn sat down and ate some food, it was mid afternoon.

After sitting for a while Amdireth was called upon by her Captain.
"What is it?" Amdireth whispered, she could tell she would be sent on another mission. "There had been a great stirring in the far North. Where the Great Worms live." Captain said in a low voice.
Amdireth's eyes widened with fear. "The dragons!? You are going to send me donw to deal with some dragons?" Amdireth asked, she had never heard of such a mission. "I knew no one else who could handle it. And it will prove to be good training for Benn." Captain said. "I will go, but Benn will not, he is far too young and reckless." Amdireth said firmly.
"Amdireth, you are going to have to trust me, he will learn more skills in the Withered Heath than he will here. Will you go?" Captain asked.
Amdireth looked over at Benn. "I will go, but if Benn dies I'm holding you responsible." Amdireth said. The Captain laughed and slapped her on the back. Amdireth glared at him , she was serious about this.
"I suppose you will take your friends." Captain said. "Of course, I can't do this alone." Amdireth said, she folded her arms across her chest. Captain nodded, then she went to tell the others.

After explaining what would happen she asked, "Will you come? I can understand if you don't want to." Amdireth knew they would come with her, but she had to ask.

(hope this works with everyone, just wanted some excitement, we're going to see the dragons! See ooc please)

[Edited on 24/1/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2007 02:46
Nathron had been lying back, talking to the old man quietly, when suddenly Amdireth approached him. She told him that their next mission was to go hunt Dragons...Nathron's eyes grew as round and wide as dinner plates.

"Surely you jest! Dragons!? Ai, well, now we do know how to be rid of any nuicance, but poor Benn, I thought we were to train him! Not kill him!" Nathron sat up, shaking his head, but he was laughing. It was a brilliant idea!
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 06:37
Leassa swore under her breath and her hand involuntarily went to her left calf, where there was a lingering scar from the last time she had met a Dragon. Not wanting to attract any attention, she said, "Yes, of course I'll come," before standing up and walking away into the cover of the trees.

She stood with her hands covering her face and her forehead leaning against a tree for some time, trying to convince herself that she had just been unlucky the last time. But though she hated to admit it, she never wanted to see a Dragon again, after the pain she had been through. Leassa sat down with her back against the trunk of a tree and breathed out slowly, hoping that no one would come looking for her.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 07:12
Amdireth saw Leass walk off, but figured that she would want to be alone.
Benn sat still with his mouth wide open. He had heard stories about dragons. "Are you sure you want me to come along?" Benn asked, she voice wavered slightly.
Amdireth looked down at him with compassion in her eyes. She knew this would be a big adventure for him. "The Captain says it would be good for you." Amdireth said, although she didn't believe it herself.
"When will we leave?" Benn asked. "I suppose as soon as everyone has recovered from our last adventure." Amdireth said, she brushed her hand against her old wound. It had healed but sometimes it bothered her.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 10:26
Mirelwen walked to where Nathron was sitting and sat down casually beside him."Well, where to now, and what has everyone so excited? I hope something interesting, I need myself another good adventure before I leave these Middle Lands." She looked over at him and smiled. "This mission everyone is going, I am allowed to come, correct? If not, then I will simply have to track you through the wilds and the nmeet up with you at sometime during a battle with something. I have needed some work in tracking, ever since I got back from the War of the Ring, the last battle, Father has let me go no where, unless to a garden not even twenty feet from the Homely House. I have also needed a nice hunt, so I think I shall do just that, if I am not allowed to come. Either way, invited or not, I will meet up on the road ahead with your party at some point." She smiled and sighed, looking up as she did so to see Arnarel. His voice was cold and held no warpth. "I am staying with the Rangers for a few months, mahap years if the coming timesd allow it. I shall be here, then in Rivendell with my brother. Farewell, my friends and may the Valar watch over you." He then turned and went to his horse and rode over to an old time friend, who generally kept to himself and Arnarel conversed with him, taking no notice of anything else. Mirelwen had a few tears in her eyes, but wiped them away. "I am going to bed, let me know what you have decided with the others." Her voice was a horrified whisper and then she made for her tree, quicklty dissapearing in it to cry in silence. Why could he still hold that against me, his voice was so cold. How, why? It was not my fault. She sat there quietly crying the tears falling like a light rain onto her knees which she held her hands around. Her voice was a whisper as she sang an elvish song, which was well-known, being the elbereth chant.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 11:00
Nathron listened to Mirelwen's words...did she really think that they would deny her their company? Of course not! But he let her rant, it would proove a good release of any sorrowful thoughts. She seemed really upset when her silent companion had left. And he watched her go to a tree, becoming part of it as elves are sometimes wont to do.

Nathron walked over to her after a moment, he listened to her lament, one he knew well, he smiled and leaned against the side of the tree.

"I am sorry your friend left...and you need not ask about acompanying us, we will welcome all the help we can get. We are fighting dragons, after all." He smiled, it would appear as if he was talking to the tree, but he knew he wasn't.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 11:35
Simrahil sighed at the thought of dragons. the rangers were clever in these things, but still, they showed signs that they were humans. With hopes of killing a dragon with a few rangers they would need a lot of skill and luck, which Simrahil didn't doubt they had.

He thought about all the things they could do to trick a dragon, as that was one of the only things you could try to capture them. Then he suddenly wondered outloud"Where is this dragon exactly, i havent heard of a dragon in these areas for many a long age."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 11:50
(Just so you know, right now they are not planning to kill the dragon, they are simply going out to see if there is any dragon activity)

Amdireth looked to her Captain when Simrahil asked the question. "They live in the Withered Heath. Some of my men have reported seeing a dragon flying beyond its borders, and that is obviously a danger to our people. We have reason to believe this is the last living dragon, the only kin of Smaug the Great." The Captain explained.
Benn had heard stories about Smaug, he was afraid to meet with his own kin.
Amdireth walked away with the Captain, she had to voice her worrys. "I don't think Benn can manage this. He is far too young." Amdireth said.
"Why can't you trust me Amdireth?" The Captain asked.
"He just started his training, can't he just wait here." Amdireth said.
"Amdireth, you are his trainer, we cannot keep him here. He won't learn anything. Just trust me on this." The Captain said.
Amdireth nodded, she knew she wouldn't be able to change his mind.
"When so you want us to leave?" Amdireth asked.
"As soon as you can. We can't have a dragon roaming around. Even tomorrow would be a good time." The Captain said.
Amdireth bit back some words she would have regretted to say in front of her leader. "Hyldo, we just got here! You can't ask us to leave like this!" Amdireth said angrily, she rarely called her Captain by his first name.
"Do what you feel is right, but leave as soon as you can." Hyldo said, then he turned and left.

Amdireth had never been so angry with Hyldo in her life. First he tells her to take young Benn along on a mission that will kill him, then he tells her to leave immdiately.
Amdireth sat down and fumed.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2007 08:33
Mirelwen gasped and jumped down, right in front of him her eyes were wide and her mouth slightly open. "Dragons? Well, that is good, maybe we shall finally be rids of them and get a good fight out of it. I know I did not need to ask, but it is polite. My instincts tell me that I will not last long on Arda in the years to come, they tell me that I may leave after or during our excursion. I trust them, for I will be able to see Valinor and my mother. Do you know what it is like, I feel that you have seen the light of the two trees, I sence it. Is it as they describe it?" Her eyes shone with eagerness and coriousity. Mirelwen knew how childish she sounded, so she sighed and softly laughed to herself, it was the sound of music as with all Elves. "I am sorry for my childish behavior, but I want to know what it is like there. I have heard stories, but I do not think they even do Valinor any justice. I think it is beautiful there. Is Tol Eressea beautiful also? Never mind, I should not ask you these things, you probably do not know. Forgive me, I am anxious to leave these lands, but not before my adventurous heart is laid to rest, and I am to rest in peace finally. I wish to forget all my sorrows and losses, wish to be free to do what I want and not have my heart weighed down by the weight of my sorrows, losses and the world." She looked over at Bruin her horse, who felt her gaze and came to her, putting his nose in her hand and he stayed there to comfort her.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2007 08:40
Nathron smiled at Mirelwen, "I do not mind the questions...I have lived in Valinor. It was my home those many ages ago. I am as old as Silmrahil...give or take a few years. I used to play by the trees, when but a youth. They always filled my heart with great joy. When they were destoryed....." He trailed off, the dark memory assailing him.
"They were more beautiful then anything on this earth. All of Valinor was. I can not describe it such that it would be done justice. It is far to beautiful for my tongue to say." He smiled faintly. "I will return there some day, some day soon. But as to when, I can not say."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2007 09:30
The next morning Amdireth met with her Captain again.
"Will you be leaving today?" Hyldo asked.
"Yes." Amdireth said, she was still angry at Hyldo.
"Good. I have your packs and horses all ready for you." Hyldo said. Amdireth bowed and walked away.

"I hope everyone is ready." Amdireth said as she mounted Gwenneth. Benn mounted, but Amdireth could see that he was very unsure.
"I know you must be scared, I'm sorry that this has to be your first mission." Amdireth said.
Benn looked over at her. "I'll be fine." Benn said, then he looked back at her. "Do you know anything about dragons?" Benn asked.
"Not much." Amdireth admitted, but she told him what she knew.

Soon they had left the forest of the Rangers and were back out in open plains. Amdireth looked back sadly. "I was hoping to spend some time relaxing there." Amdireth said.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2007 06:34
"Me too," said Leassa pensively. Ira tossed her head and whinnied, and Leassa looked down. She felt strangely detached when she noticed that her knuckles were white from clenching the reins so tightly and her legs were so tensed up that her horse was confused at the signals she was recieving. She stopped clenching her jaw as well, and smiled slightly to herself at how much she was overreacting. But dragons... she thought, and looked away from the others, trying to relax. After all, they were not that near the dragon yet and she did not want to show her fear.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2007 06:45
Nathron could only nod, he had seen dragons before...and he found that he disliked them immensely. So what? His friends were going, and he had promised to look out for Benn, Nathron would go, no questions asked.

He smiled and rode after the others. "Ross, mellon nin, if we survive this one I swear it I will write a book about these crazy adventures." The horse snorted, and Nathron could not help but feel cheered up. Maybe that was a good idea, to write the wanderings of Amdireth and her companions. But that will be left until later, right now they had some dragons to find.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2007 12:37
Simrahil smiled at Nathrons words, Nathron had always loved to write, from his distant memories he could remember that Nathron had a good skill at it and he always used to love reading words by the hand of his friend.

"Lets find this dragon then friends, but i doubt that there will be one so far south because i have travelled these lands so long and have only ever see 2 of the beasts, and then they were beyond middle earth., up in the farthest north regions."Simrahil sighes, and eased Orin into a slightly faster pace.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2007 11:22
Amdireth began to think this whole journey insane.
"What are the odds that we will even find a dragon?" Amdireth asked no one in particular.

Benn looked over at her. "Maybe we should get moving, we should reach there as soon as possible if we are to confront this beast before it ruins the land." Benn said.
"Now you listen here Benn, no one will be confronting a dragon. Hyldo told me we were going to check up on this dragon, not fight with it!" Amdireth said.
"Well, what are you going to expect. If it finds us snooping around we'll have to fight it." Benn said.
Amdireth glared at him. "We will only fight if that does happen, but I am hoping we will not be put in such a situation." Amdireth said, she was obviosuly still a little upset.
Benn suddenly became quiet, he thought he had made Amdireth angry, but she was only worried for Benn.

"Well, come one everyone. We had better get moving anyway." Amdireth said, she spurred her horse to a canter.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2007 01:50
Nathron rode after them, grinning from ear to ear as he listened to Amdireth's line:

"What are the odds that we will even find a dragon?"

Probably very high since she had just said that. He had noticed that it became habit that anytime someone said something along those lines it was bound to happen at one point or another.

Nathron rode over to Benn.

"Don't worry, if you see the dragon I have but one bit of advice for you.....Run, and don't stop. Because dragons tend to be very...agressive." He flinched slightly. He had seen what dragons could do.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2007 11:05
After Nathrons...gentle...words, the group moved slowly through the land in silence, all penentrated deep within their own thought.

Simrahil gazed at the horizon, the red sun was slowly falling out of their sight, and a darkness was falling across the land.
He finally stopped and called to everyone else to do so,"I don't think we should travel any thurther this evening, night is coming quickly, and these could be dangerous areas. Im sure we are no where near the dragon yet, but other foul creatures still prowl these lands."

So they set up a camp and Simrahil asked Leassa if she would help cook a soup whilst the others gatheres firewood and carriewd out other tasks.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 06:33
"Benn, Why don't you take care of the firewood. I'll look after the horses." He did not give the boy a chance to answer, scooting him off towards the trees like he would shoo a spider that had crawled in through the window. Gently, but with urgency. Nathron held no love for tiney spiders. The big ones he could stand, but the little ones made him rather jumpy.

He looked after the horses, brushing them down gently, and watering them from the tiney stream nearby. He tethered them back at the camp and sat upon the grass. It was a nice night, if a little damp.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 08:35
Benn listened closely to Nathron's advice about dragons.
He finally began to believe that a dragon would be a burden if they did have to take one on.

Later that night when they were setting up camp Benn was asked to get the firewood, of course he didn't object.

He soon had all the wood he needed.
He began to make his way beack to camp when he saw something that disturbed him greatly.
He saw huge foot prints in the soft ground, it looked as if whatever it was had swiped something and took it away.
"A dragon would not come this close, would it?" Benn whispered nervously.
Then he turned and ran back to the camp.

When he came back he told everyone about what he had seen. "Maybe the food is scarce where the dragon lives, maybe that's why Hyldo thinks he is a threat." Amdireth suggested.
Benn dropped the firewood down. "No need to worry Benn. You said the tracks were fresh therefore the dragon probably has plenty of food to last him for a while, he wouldn't come down this far if he didn't have to." Amdireth assured him.
Benn sat down near the fire, he was still nervous.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 10:28
Mirelwen saw how uncomfortable Benn was and she sighed and laughed softly, she knew how it felt to be that nervous. She went and walked to Bruin, her horse and good friend. "We will be on a fairly dangerous mission for a while, I need you to keep all your senses on high alert and let me know if anything goes wrong. If I fall on this mission for some reason, then you go with all haste back to father and stay there." At her last words the horse whinnied and danced sideways from her. HE did not want to lose her. Bruin put his ears back and his feet dug into the earth, showing he would not budge if the worst happened. "Stubborn Elvish horse, you never listen when I have the best intentions for you, do you?"
She hugged his neck and he put his head on her shoulder. She let go of Bruin and went to find someone to talk to. She walked around the camp they had made and she searched the shadows for any threat. Once Mirelwen was satisfied, she went back and sat next to Benn, draping her arm around his shoulder. "You would do well to listen to Amdireth, she is right. There is nothing to worry about, just be on your guard and be rational in thought. Do not dispair, we are safe for now." She looked at him and smiled, then she went to her pack and put on her ring and necklace. Whenever she felt lonely, she would put these items on. MIrelwen sat down in a tree and scouted their surroundings and cleaned her twin knives also.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 10:39
Leassa was not listening to the others' conversation, until she heard Nathron speak.
"Don't worry, if you see the dragon I have but one bit of advice for you.....Run, and don't stop. Because dragons tend to be very...agressive." He flinched slightly. He had seen what dragons could do.

Tend to be? she thought incredulously. "Agressive isn't quite the word," she said under her breath, rubbing her leg involuntarily again.

When they finally set up a camp, Leassa lay down and tried to sleep, she knew that she would need as much rest as possible. But sleep did not come. Every time she shut her eyes she saw the dragon on its back legs, shooting towers of flame and smoke into the air before looking straight at her with one beady eye. She tried to run, but the dragon was easily catching her up. She felt the tearing down her leg, and the instant agony, before she woke again, catching her breath and brushing away the tears. It was the middle of the night, and she decided to keep watch as she could not, would not, sleep.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 11:49
Simrahil slept peacefully, after all, he had no fears that there would really be a dragon in these lands. It wass just a mere ranger patrol, and Simrahil was not worried at all that he would ever come across such a beast ever again.

When the sun began to shine its light onto the land, and the birds began to sing their sweet tunes, Simrahil woke to find Leassa staring into the distance.
"Are you alright?"he asked her kindly, because her face showed signs of worry.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2007 11:25
HI everyone, i know this is a bit inconvenient for everyone but bow_and_arrow is having a big problem with getting online and I told her i would try to slow down the posting on the rpg-ing so that she would not get left behind. Could everyone not post as much for a while, im afraid i don't know how long for. She has particulary asked me to hold up the meeting with the dragon ^^thanks a lot.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 12:09
((OOC - Thanks a lot everyone, I appreciate it I'm back now ))

Leassa looked over at Simrahil. "I'm... fine," she said hesitantly, brushing a loose strand of hair away from her face. "Just thinking," she added by way of an inadequate explanation, and turned away selfconsciously. She looked in her pack for a moment, and found an apple. She ate it and then fed the core to Ira, still facing away from Simrahil.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 06:59
Amdireth stood and streched. She looked to see if everyone was awake.
"Well, come on. I know it's early but the faster we get this over with the better." Amdireth said, she was still the slightest bit annoyed.
Benn stood and brushed down his horse, then mounted.
Soon everyone was on their horses and ready to go.

They traveled on for a long time without andy sign of a dragon, Amdireth was happy about that, she didn't want to meet with the dragon until she had to.
Although she was not scared for her sake, only for Benn's.
"So Benn. How have you liked traveling with us? As you can see we are always getting ourselves into the craziest of adventures." Amdireth said, she couldn't help but smile a little.
Benn smiled back. "Well, I must say that it certainly keeps you on your toes." Benn said. Amdireth laughed and patted Benn's shoulder. "You're a very smart boy, I'm glad to have you around." Amdireth said, then she spurred her horse forward and took the lead.
Benn watched her ride ahead with a smile. He liked this group very much and never wanted to leave them, he wanted to go on every crazy adventure with them.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 08:52
Simrahil wondered why leassa still could not feel completely at ease within the group. He sensed that she had something horrible shadowingher past that made her this way. But he decided he would let her grow as they kept travelling together.

He soon grew tired of the campaign they were following and expressed how he felt to Amdireth,"I really don't think we willl come across any dragons in these areas Amdireth" but he knew that she was only taking her duties as a ranger and she had to check the areas.

Later on, when it was dark, and a soft moon was gliding slowly across the sky a rider came across the group. His horse whinnied as he stopped and he looked at the group suspiciously,his face was worried, then he shouted something and rode away into the darkness.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 09:43
MIrelwen heard the shout and saw a the rider take off. She jumped up from where she was laying on a branch and landed on the ground. She went to Simrahil's side and saw his face. "What do you think that was all about?" She saw the moon and stars overhead and then looked at Simrahil, awaiting some sort of answer.
Bruin came to her and he was unnerved about something, but Mirelwen knew not what it could be. He nudged her shoulder, nearly knocking her off balance and she fell backwards on the ground, her back landing on a sharp rock. She cursed not so silently and fluently at that. She pushed herself up and talked to her horse in elvish, trying to calm him some.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 04:41
Nathron had rode silently, pleased to be back on the road and that Benn was enjoying himself. But he could not find it in himself to smile. A worry had settled in the pit of his stomach, and he could not shake off a growing threat.

Later that night Nathron paced about uneasily, he knew that the horses were uneasy as well and that had to account for some sort of trouble. But what?

A rider, Nathron could not see him, and he slipped off without a word. Nathron shivered, but not with cold. He climbed up into the branches of the highest tree he could find, using the branches to overlook the path. He could see nothing. The rider was gone. Still, the fear did not vanish; something was out there. Something bad.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2007 05:02
Amdireth stood quickly when she saw the rider, and everyone seemed quite disturbed by this.
Amdireth ran over to Simrahil. "Did you see who that was?" Amdireth asked. She scanned the land ahead but saw nothing more.
She looked up in the tree and saw Nathron, something was definately wrong. "What should we do?" Amdireth asked.
She looked at her horse Gwenneth, she shifted to the side nervously.
Amdireth walked over and patted Gwenneth's neck.
Benn walked over and looked out to where the rider had gone. "Is someone following us?" Benn asked.
Then Benn climbed up the tree and stood next to Nathron.
"Do you think someone is following us Nathron?" Benn asked again.
"I do not think we should stay around, something is not right about this." Amdireth said. But she knew that it would also be dangerous to travel around in the night.
It was very still, too still. "I don't like this." Amdireth whispered.

minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2007 11:33
Nathron looked back at Benn. He relaxed a margine, sitting down on the branch.

"I do not know, I can only hope that it is as simple as that. But this land has an evil feel about it. It chills my bones, and makes my head hurt. I fear that the dawn is far off for us." Nathron looked about anxiously, worried and feeling very on edge.

"Amdireth, we should not linger here much longer. I do not like this place." He shivered though it was not the cold that troubled him.

"Be on your guard, Benn." He said quietly.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2007 02:02
Mirlewen went to push herself up and she had just stood when Bruin nudged her again, causing to fall on the rock again and it dug into the same spot. This time her curse came loudly and with more, as she mumbled curses in Elvish and they were very colorful. She pushed herself up agian and quickly moved away from the nervous horse before he could push her again. " Bruin, stop. Calm down nothing is going to happen to us, I promise. Be still, and for your sake quit pushing me!" She looked at the horse and Bruin side stepped away from her and he calmed some, but not by much.
She sighed and put her hand to her back, feeling a little trickle of blood. She let out a growl of frustration and and mumbled another curse, but this was in the common tongue. Mirelwen grabbed her pack and wrapped very hurreidly some bandages around her back. Then she looked at the group and she felt the tension and nervousness in the air. She also felt fear and forboding of soemthing to come, whether it was good or ill, they would have to wait and see.
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email