Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Ranger's Apprentice.KEEP
on: January 01, 2007 06:12
When MIrelwen heard about the poison, she looked as if she had taken a physical blow to the face with a very heavy object.
" Wha- WHAT?!" She whispered silently in shock. I can not believe this, who, why?! She looked at Arnarel who was shocked also. "Benn, Why? How? What happened on your journey and before you left, tell us everything, leave out nothing. If you saw anything or heard anything suspicious, tell us. Right here, right now." Arnarel gave him the disapproving/ there will be dire concequences if you do not tell the truth look. Arnarel was gentle by nature, but could become very put off easy.
" I agree with Nathron, I think it is the only chance we have, and if something goes wrong, then we simply take matters into our own hands." Mirelwen said this lightly, but her look told otherwise, her body stiffened and her eyes held a smoldering fire, which would be fed quickly if something happened to go astray.

[Edited on 1/1/2007 by Elfalas]
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 09:05
"I don't blame you for not trusting me, after all, I did not come forth to help when the deed was first done. You are welcome to test it, Nathron, but don't take too much, as I don't have enough supplies to make a second batch of it, so to speak," she said, a little more gentle this time. She had a feeling they wouldn't trust her, especially after she told them why she had been hiding. From their point of view, she looked like some lone enemy who could be attempting to poison Amdireth. But what would be her motivation? These were good people, at least they seemed to be, and this would be one step in the right direction of healing others again. She needed to stop running away from what she thought was a mistake. It was a large battle, and there weren't enough healers.
'Stop thinking you are evil, Aria. It was impossible to help everyone. Now you have a chance to make up for the lost lives by helping others who need you.' she told herself. It would be a long time before she tried to heal a battle again, however, but she was getting there. She was a fantastic healer, and if she would've had time, if those children, women and soldiers had held on, they would've made a full recovery from the brink of death, for that was how advanced Aria truly was. She would prove she was not poisoning them.

"The antidote for this type of poison usually takes a week to fully work, so Nathron, if you want to try it and wait a week, that's fine, but it is one week closer to her death. There are only one downfall: when the patient is healed, he or she will feel as if they can touch the sky, in a manner of speaking, and feel unbeatable." Aria smiled as she said this, because in some cases she had seen before, the patient liked feeling that way. Aria stopped, and turned towards her saddlebag.

ooc: PLEASE RE-READ! I edited it pretty well, and it might affect later posts!

[Edited on 1/4/2007 by Aravis17]
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 09:29
Simrahil now lost his patience.
"Be quiet, all of you, i am fed up with this nonsence. Aria, who knows little about our company and what we do. Tell me here and now, what ingredients you used, and their exact proportions, to make this drug, before we have any testing."

Simrahils eyes narrowed. He was not growing a liking for this new member of their company, who seemed to think she knew everything about medicine. In all his long years he had also studied a vast count of medicines and drugs, some even lost and no longer found anymore. If she spoke the truth now, and the smell of the drug matched what she said, she will have earned his trust.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 10:40
Leassa smiled at Simrahil's words and shifted in the saddle, covering her mouth with her hand to disguise a snort of approval. She leaned back slightly, the smile dying on her lips. If she had been in Aria's position, she would be close to drawing her weapons, shouting, or considering poisoning them. She frowned, still not trusting the Elf, but not taking part in any of the discussion. Ira appeared to notice her discomfort, for she began to dance on the spot, and Leassa calmed the horse, averting her eyes away from the scene.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 11:13
Nathron did his best to try and ignore the image of the effects of the potion described. But he couldn't help it, anyone looking at him would wonder at the odd expression on his face. He got a grip on himself quickly, and was about to agree when Silmrahil suddenly joined the conversation.
"Be quiet, all of you, i am fed up with this nonsence. Aria, who knows little about our company and what we do. Tell me here and now, what ingredients you used, and their exact proportions, to make this drug, before we have any testing."

Nathron glared at Silmrahil but understood his friend's concern. He nodded to Silmrahil in concent.
"Perhaps it is best if you do take a look at it, but do be swift. If Aria is right, and Amdireth poisoned, we must make all haste." Nathron looked to Amdireth, he hoped that this was all just an elaborate joke to make him worried, then someone would say "fooled you!" and it would all be over.
What of Benn? Nathron looked to the lad, who seemed distressed that his arrows might have been poisoned.

[Edited on 1/1/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 11:32
"Hyper?" "Immune system?" "Hypothetical sense" "Side effects?" Good grief! When did Tolkien ever use this type of language? He would never have even heard of them. Do try, folks, to keep language in the age of Middle-Earth and not from CSI.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 01:50
OOC: Sorry for this, I made a few changes to my post so as to better make this seem more Tolkien. So, yea, just wanted to let you know.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 04:33
Amdireth sighed as all her friends fought over who would take the medicine. "Let us stop this none sense. If you say that taking this medicine will prevent me from dying, I will take it." Amdireth said, she saw the looks that everyone gave her, but she wasn't going to change her mind.
She looked at Nathron, she saw that he looked sad. "Do not worry Nathron, I wouldn't want to lose you anyway. I do not believe she is evil, maybe mysterious, but not evil." Amdireth said, then she lowered her voice so that only he would hear. "If anything does happen to me, take care of the boy." Amdireth whispered.
Then she turned back to Aria. "When will you be able to make this medicine?" Amdireth asked.

Benn looked at Mirelwen. "I don't know. I did take these arrows from a camp." Benn said. He saw that she looked very angry. "Please understand, I had no arrows to defend myself. I saw a camp and walked in, no one was there so I took the quiver full of arrows. How was I to know they were poisoned." Benn said, he pulled the quiver off his back and dumped out the arrows, he didn't trust himself anymore.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 04:50
"Let us stop this none sense. If you say that taking this medicine will prevent me from dying, I will take it."

Nathron looked at Amdireth, he would feel horrible if she died, his face must have reflected his concern and sadness because Amdireth met his gaze, telling him not to worry, and that she would not want him to risk himself.
"If anything does happen to me, take care of the boy."

Nathron fought his own feelings and nodded just so Amdireth could tell. Amdireth then turned back to Aria.
He noticed Benn, and saw how distressed the boy was. True to his word, even though there was no need, Nathron called the boy over.
"Benn, come beside me." He said softly. When the boy did Nathron put a hand on his arm. "It was not your fault, Benn, you could not have known one way or another. You were wrong to take, but that was your only mistake. Do not let it trouble you overly much." He looked the boy in the eyes, his own showing understanding and a small smile.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 09:24
Leassa smiled at Nathron. He can always make the headstrong boy feel better, she thought. Amdireth was talking to Aria, and she listened carefully to their conversation in case there was any mention of the ingredients she might have used to make it.

((OOC - Just purely out of interest, how many years after Becoming a Ranger is this? ))
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2007 11:04
"I thre are nomore objections, I say tha we should stop for now and get the antidote made, quickly." Arnarel looked at Amdireth as he said the words, then looked at everyone else, to see if they objected. Mirelwen was at Amdireth's side. She gave her some of the drink that her father and Lord Elrond bestowed to her upon their depature.[/i]Use it only in emergencies, for it is little to last and you only have three vials each.[i] she recited Lord Elrond's words in her head.[/i] I think this is an emergency, she was poisoned by an arrow.[i] Mirelwen pulled it out and held it to Amdireth's lips."Drink it, it will slow the effects of the poison and givve you spirit andstrenth, Lord Elrond and my father gave us thre vials each, to be used in emergencies only. I think this is an emergency, now drink, do not fight, for it tends to make your chest burn for some reason." She looked at Arnarelas she said this, recalling a few instances where the liquid burned her.
Arnarl saw Nathron talking to Benn and went to speak ith them. " Nathron ,do not worry about Amdireth. I think this healer is capabable, but if something should happen to go astray,remember that Mirelwen can help. You have a trustworthy healer who is capable, and one who was trained by Lord Elrond herself, she will be fine.Trust me." He looked at Nthron and smiled as he said this.
"Now Benn, as Nathron said, you should not have takn those arrows, specially from an unknown party,but do not overworry, she should be fine, you know Mirelwen's skill and this new healer seems very skilled also, with both watching her, you nedn't worry, niether of you." He looked at Benn and smiled giving him an all is well look and a piece of dried fruit to eat." Would you like something, Nathron, I have a variety of things to eat in my pack, if you would like something?" He gave a questioning look to Nathron.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2007 02:24
(I'm not really sure how many years have passed, we can discuss it in the ooc)

Benn managed to smile slightly when they tired to cheer him up.
He was still mad at himself for picking up those arrows. "Another lesson learned the hard way." Benn whispered.

"I have no objections, let us begin the treatment." Amdireth said. She was helped down from the horse.
She winced at the pain when she stood, but she managed to walk and sit down so that she leaned against a tree.
"I am ready." Amdireth said.
Benn kept a look out for any danger that might come upon them.
After some time though he sat down. "What am I going to do? I have no more arrows, and I fight best with my bow." Benn whispered. Then he saw Nathron come over and sit beside him. "Oh, you heard me." Benn said, he stared at his bow.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2007 04:09
"No, I am fine, thank you." He said to Arnarl returning the smile.
He stood near to Amdireth, making sure she was alright, still concerned even though he knew that he was probably over reacting.
He noticed Benn go and sit down away from the group.
"What am I going to do? I have no more arrows, and I fight best with my bow."

Nathron heard this and decided to go sit beside the lad.
"Oh, you heard me."

Nathron gave a half smile, "Yes, I did hear you. But fear not, you shall learn. I made a promise to Amdireth to take care of you, speak of it to no one, I will trust you with this secret. We shall all teach you to be as skilled with the sword as you are with the bow." Nathron smiled reassuringly at the boy, then suddenly clapped the boy firmly on the back of his head.
"Now stop moping about and feeling sorry for yourself. Amdireth shall be fine." He said this last bit more of a reassurance for himself.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2007 02:37
Aria smiled. They seemed to be warming up to her, and for that she was greatful. She peeked into her bag, and noticed one of the ingredients was missing.
"The mint is gone! Without one ingredient, this antidote will not work!" she sobbed, angry at herself for being so careless.
"Please help me find more," she begged of her company.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2007 03:32
Nathron heard of the lacking ingrediant. He looked to his friends.
"Your traking skills are far better then mine, I shall stay here to keep an eye on Amdireth, and Benn." He said.
As much as he wanted to help his knowledge of plants and herbs was extreamly minimal. Now, if you put him on a ship he could tell you everything backwards and forwards, but they were not on a ship. So he waited, watching Aria, and Amdireth, closely.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2007 06:53
Five minutes later, Leassa came out from between two bushes with some mint in her hands. "I hope that this is enough, but I can always get more," she said, handing it to Aria.

Leassa went back to Ira and tied her to the trunk of a tree, feeding her an apple from her bag, and set her hawk flying to catch its own dinner. She looked in her bag for some food for herself, and smiled wryly. She had ran out of food for herself, there were two more apples in the bag that she had meant for her horse. She took one out and ate it, wondering when they would get back to the camp and get more food, or when she would have chance to go hunting again.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2007 06:59
Benn knew it was true, and he was moping around.
He nodded his head and decided to forget what had happened and move on.

Meanwhile Amdireth was becoming very restless. "Can this go any slower?" Amdireth thought. She wanted to be on the road to the North already.
Then she noticed that Nathron and Benn were speaking together. "Good, he needs to get to know the rest of the company better." Amdireth thought with a smile.
Then when Leassa returned with some mint Amdireth smirked, her friend was so good at finding herbs.
"Now please Aria, I do not intend to stay here another day, can we please hurry." Amdireth said, she was getting slightly annoyed.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2007 09:50
While she was looking for the mint, Aria had found some acacia, which she was also running out of. The poison would have Amdireth cough terribly, and her throat would be sore for days if it continued. Acacia helped both of these problems. Aria got back to her horse and accepted the mint from Leassa.
"Thank you, no more is needed unless another one of you becomes ill, which doesn't seem to be happening," she said as she ground up the mint in her hands. She pulled out a vile and slipped it in, along with gum from the acacia. Sage leaves were slipped in to reduce perspiration, and Aria explained each of what she was doing, do they wouldn't have any doubts.
"Sarsaparilla root to rid fever."
"Mint to ease the stomach."
"Acacia to rid soreness in the throat."
"Sage to reduce perspiration."
"And echinacea root to cleanse the blood. Really this is the main ingredient to rid the poison, but the others mix well with this and will rid your body of the later sickness that the poison will create. And the sarsaparilla also cleanses the body." Aria paused as she ground the herbs together in the vile.
"Can someone fetch me some fresh water? That is the only way this can be taken, is mashed together and mixed in water," she asked.

[Edited on 1/3/2007 by Aravis17]

[Edited on 1/4/2007 by Aravis17]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2007 04:54
"Can someone fetch me some fresh water? That is the only way this can be taken, is mashed together and mixed in water,"

Nathron rose to his feet, and wandered off for a moment, the stream that Silmrahil had filled his own flask in was still nearby. He took some of the water in his own water flask, and returned to the group.
"Here, you will find it fresh enough." He said with a weak grin.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2007 03:24
"Thank you," Aria said sincerely, and took the water from Nathron and filled the vile with it. She then closed the stopper and shook it so that the herbs were dispersed evenly throughout the water.
"Amdireth, this will cure you," Aria said, and handed her the vile to drink from.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2007 05:38
Simrahil watched over Aria as she mixed the ingredients. He was trying to make sure she got it perfectly right but was also interested in her skill of herbs and making drugs.

"I apologise for earlier, now i see that you truly are who and what you say you are i can accept you. I would like to learn some of your methods of healing, and maybe, if you accompany us on our journey, i can teach you some more older and less obvious ways of healing."Simrahiol said to Aria with a slight smile.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2007 05:59
Amdireth took the vile and drank it.
When she had finished she smiled. "Now we may continue on our journey to the North." Amdireth said.
Benn walked over and helped Amdireth to her feet.
"Should we continue our journey so soon after she was given the medicine?" Benn asked Aria.
Amdireth shook her head. "No objections. I want to get home then get well so I can continue to help you." Amdireth said.
Benn was surprised to hear Amdireth say that the North was her home. "It is probably nothing, she couldn't be a Ranger, could she?" Benn said. He was quite confused now, but tried to forget it while he helped Amdireth onto Ross.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2007 06:18
Nathron did not object to Amdireth's desire to leave so soon. He knew that it would probably be for the best anyway. Amdireth hated being couped up.
"It is probably nothing, she couldn't be a Ranger, could she?"

Nathron heard this and nearly choked on his laughter, the boy had figured it out and didn't know.
"Swallowed the wrong way." he said to the concerned stares that glanced at him.
He walked over to Benn and patted him on the shoulder, doing his best not to laugh.
"You will learn in time, mellon nin." He said to Benn.
He got on Ross, behind Amdireth, and made ready to ride out.
"Let us get going then." He said to his friends, and started down the road.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 09:50
Amdireth was very glad to be on the road again.
Benn was too, since he was finally on his way to the Rangers.
"So Mirelwen, how have you and the others been? I have not seen you for so long." Amdireth asked to break the silence.
Benn looked back at them, he didn't know that they knew this group of people.
Once they had finished answering Amdireth's question Benn asked,"When did you meet them Mirelwen? You never told me that you met them?" Benn raised an eyebrow, but smirked.

Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2007 04:30
Aria stood back from the group, no longer needed, and watched them leave. She sighed, knowing at least one person would live thanks to her. She put her things back into the saddlebag and mounted her horse, ready to ride anywhere, just to release her thoughts.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2007 04:56
Nathron stopped Ross and looked back.
"Aria, are you not coming with us?" He asked. She looked startled, "Come on, you helped us, who knows, we could always use a really good healer around, the amount of trouble we get in should make it a requirment." The lsat line he said under his breath, only those really close to him heard it.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2007 09:20
Leassa smiled, she had been riding just in front of Nathron, close enough to hear. "Yes, come with us," said Leassa, immediately surprised at her own words. She turned Ira and trotted back to Aria, where she gestured with her head for the elf to follow. Ira tossed her head and whickered, and Leassa gestured again. "Come on!" Then she broke into a trot and they started to move again, letting Aria choose whether she wanted to come or not.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2007 09:50
Amdireth smiled as they began to trot. "We are finally getting somewhere!" Amdireth whispered.
Then she looked back at Benn. "You better be taking care of my horse Benn. I shall be ready to ride her soon." Amdireth said. Benn smiled at her, and this time it was a real smile, the first real smile he had since she had been shot.
Benn slowed his horse so that he could ride beside Mirelwen and his other friends from Rivendell. "I am glad you came. I know I would miss you for you have been my best friends since I was a child." Benn said with a smile. He finally felt like he was free from the bonds of sadness. It seemed like the group of friends that he had run into were so kind and loving, he could tell they had been through many things in the past that allowed them to have such fellowship with each other.
Benn sighed, he wished he could have that too. Of course he had friends, but none like the friends that they had.
He knew that he didn't have friends like that because he was always guarded. He had never trusted someone wholly since the day his father died. He knew that it was always good to be cautious, but he wanted to have friends like them.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2007 02:06
Nathron looked back at Benn, the boy still seemed a little troubled, albiet not as much as before. He smiled encouraginly at the boy.
'Take heart' he thought, he could only imagine how the boy must be feeling now.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2007 10:34
" OH, Benn. You know we would leave you all by yourself inthe wilderness, but it is well that you mt with this group, for they are the most noble people I have evr met in my travels, and you would have been safe." MIrelwen smiled and then moved her horse up to Amdireth. "You know all of that pitch about the Lords wanting us to look after Benn is a lie. I had to escape the torture of my father having all the young Elves eligalbe for marrige there to court me. I had to do something, so when Benn told us he was seeking the Rangers,I packed my things and Arnarel helped me in my midnight escape. I just hope father does not force more Elves on me as punishment, or set a certain time frame in which I am to marry. I think you know who I wish to be bound to, for I told you, did I not?" She looked at Amdireth and Nathron both. " I wish to be bound to my love, Legolas. We have been close for so long. We talked it over before he left for the Fellowship, and he agreed.I am simply waiting for the day that we set, so that evryone can be there." At these words Mirelwen's eyes shined with a light that was close to the light of the two trees, and her whole fac was aglow. Arnarel had came u pas she announcd this, for he had known longer than her,and smiled. She ws like a sister and to see her glow like that and to see hr happy even after all the hardships she had faced, made him happy also.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2007 03:29
Amdireth smiled when she saw how happy Mirelwen was. She had never fallen in love like that, the only people she loved were her friends.
Benn smiled as well, he had known about Mirelwen and Legolas for a time. "He is a very honorable elf, I know he will be good to you." Benn said.
Amdireth looked at Benn, she had never heard him talk or seen him act like a caring brother to anyone before. He seemed like a different boy when he was smiling.
Then Amdireth felt a sharp pain where her wound had been. She doubled over and clutched her side while her other arm wrapped around Ross's neck so she wouldn't fall off.
She bit her lip, she didn't not want to scream and worry everyone. She felt beads of sweat forming on her forehead.
Benn looked at her, fear covered his smile. Was she dying? Did the medicine not work? Those were the thoughts racing through Benn's mind.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2007 04:21
Nathron listened to his companion's conversation. He had never had much luck in love. Women had never seemed to like him overly much. The only woman he had even come close to loving was a young sea-faring girl. In his younger days he had sailed many a voyage with her. But she had died, washed overboard during a storm.
Nathron wasn't given a chance to think more because suddenly Amdireth keeled over, he could see the amount of pain she was in just by looking at her.
"Amdireth." He said, trying to keep the panic out of his voice.
She was nearly falling off Ross, Nathron took her shoulders and leaned her back against him, if it was only a passing sympton they could not afford to stop.
"Aria, is this an effect of your potion?" He asked in near desperation.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2007 07:31
Leassa looked at Amdireth, concerned. She moved her horse over to Simrahil's. "What is happening to her? Is there anything in this potion that could have caused such a reaction? Maybe the combination of two herbs or something.... This cannot be just a passing sympton, surely not this severe!" She frowned.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2007 07:39
"Maybe too much of one ingredient or another, i do not know. Aria, what is happening to her, if you know so much about the drugs you are making will you explain this". Then suddely ll the faces turned once again on |Aria, anger and concern covered them.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2007 09:32
Amdireth lifted her hand as she took in deep breaths. "I will be fine." Amdireth said, her voice was a whisper. Then she felt the pain again and lost consciousness. She fell limpy in Nathron's arms.
Benn felt his heart skip a beat. His mouth fell open as he watch her lose consciousness. "We must do something! Aria, can you help her?" Benn asked franticly. Then he realized now was not the time to panic, so he took in a deep breath and calmed himself. "Why don't we dismount and have Aria look over her quickly. We will be back on the road in no time but we can't have this go on without checking to see what is wrong." Benn said. That was the first time he had ever been really calm in such a situation.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email