Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
CelticMoon
Council Member
Send Message
Post Twilight
on: September 03, 2007 03:32
Anyone read Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series?? I bought all three and finished them in three days, I loved them! Just wondering who else has fallen for Edward! Lol
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Twilight
on: September 10, 2007 12:31
I haven't read them but my best friend is absolutly in love with Edward. :rolleyes: She has the book with her every day.
Aralkariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2007 07:09
I just finished Eclipse, and I loved it! :love: I was afraid it would disappoint me like New Moon did, but it was absolutely amazing. I loved the Edward/Jacob parts, the jealousy was quite funny at times.
CelticMoon
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2008 12:29
You were disappointed with New Moon? Well I guess I kind of was as well...it was good I just missed Edward!
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2008 04:36
I only read Twilight...I would like to read the other two, but they are good!
celebrianfelagund
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2008 07:58
Ahhh, I LOVE twilight. Vampires are yum yum.:love:
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2008 12:42
I'm reading New Moon and it's pretty sad.
ainaloth_duredhel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2008 09:20
I do like the books, but Bella's character is often generic and cliché- a Mary Sue of sorts for those of you who know your fanfiction terminology. But I love Edward, nonetheless!

There are two more books on their way, and I'm really excited for the fifth one. I don't remember what it's going to be called, but it's story is parallel to that of "Twilight," and it's told from Edward's POV.
Care76
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2008 07:59
Is anybody excited about the movie? I know movies never do the book justice, but I still get excited for them.

I am abslutely in love with Edward. Bella ticks me off sometimes, and I get mad thinking she could defend Edward better to Jacob, but because Edward loves her with all his heart, I kind of love her too. It's all about Edward though, lol.

I am not sure I can wait for August for the 4th book. I sure hope it leaves me satisfied. I am sure it will though.

ainaloth_duredhel, the Edward book (that's what I call it, lol) is called Midnight Sun and on Stephenie Meyer's website there is a link to the first chapter.

Kind of SPOILER for New Moon and Eclipse:

New Moon didn't do much for me. I don't care for Jacob, so I kept waiting for Edward to come back. In Eclipse I wanted to get that bat and hit Jacob with it and Bella as well. She didn't do that bad, but I always think of things I would say if I were her and I get angry when she doesn't, lol. Although she did much better by that point than before!

[Edited on 6/3/2008 by Care76]
ainaloth_duredhel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2008 08:26
Ah, thank you, Care76! I will read that chapter straight away!

I can't say I'm excited for the movie. I've been wary of book-to-movie transitions ever since I witnessed the slaughtering of the Harry Potter series...awful, awful movies. But I will probably see "Twilight" nonetheless.

I am semi-fond of Jacob's character, but I still cannot see him with Bella. He is too...well, teenager-y, for lack of a better word.
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2008 02:04
Finally got done with New Moon and Eclipse. I really loved New Moon, but I didn't like Eclipse so I only read half of it. My favorite characters are Rosalie and Alice.
Esmerelda~Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2008 02:22
I've only read Twilight and the first few chapters of New Moon but I'm already addicted. Seriousy there's not a moment that bores me, no matter what. And yes, I definately fell in love with Edward. How could you not? It was so weird because way before I even got near reading it someone asked me to describe my ideal guy, and I pretty much described Edward. Then I open up the book, and there he is! lol! Weird, yes. I know. I am definately weird. But I also think I can relate to Bella a lot. Even thign from the not fitting in well to the personality and even to wanting a red truck for my first car. :rolleyes: Go figure. But anyway, I don't find her mary-sue at all. How the heck could she be? She's not beautiful or super-human or anything! (That's Edward's job )
I just finished reading the part in New Moon when
*****SPOILER*****
When Edward tells Bella he's leaving, so I'm really sad right now. :cry:
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2008 07:31
... I love Twilight with every fiber of my being... I am typing like this because I am trying not to explode while waiting for the movie to come out... I love Edward, and I feel bad, like I am cheating on my boyfriend when I read the books, because I experience what Bella does as his girlfriend... that's how awesome the books are. I am re-reading Eclipse for the third time, and I just want to say that Edward should get on with changing Bella. Bella is slightly a Mary-Sue, yet she is also pretty down-to-earth normal as well... Edward, like I said, I am in love with, and I have mixed feelings about jacob. I feel sorry for him because he is a werewolf, and yet I hate him for kissing Bella, and then letting her break her hand by hitting him... I think Robert Pattinson was an okay choice for Edward in the movie, what do you think? -Naera
Esmerelda~Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2008 09:50
I pretty much hate the casting for the movie, and I'm considering ignoring it altogether. The only casting that I consider ok is Jasper and possibly Alice. And I almost cried when I saw Carlisle. he's one of my favorite characters and he looks like he's 40.
Burzlondewen
Realm Head of Tulkas
Send Message
on: March 24, 2008 02:39
I will admit i have never read the book, but i am pretty interested now. My friend was cast as a student in the bio class, and from what i have been hearing, it sounds like it will be a good movie.
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2008 02:29
I have only seen Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart act, out of the whole cast, so I don't know anything about how the acting is going to be... I just hope they don't butcher Twilight like they did Eragon and Beowulf...

Burzlondewen, that is so cool about your friend! She's very lucky. I have never knowingly been in a movie. I may be walking down the street in the movie Asylum... But I think you should definately read Twilight! Other than LOTR, its the best book series I have ever read. Its really good.

:heart: I love Twilight!! :heart:
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2008 11:03
I like New Moon. I loved it when Bella and Alice went to Italy and rescued Edward (spoiler for those who haven't read it.) :blush:
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2008 04:19
I love that part too. I cried when I thought Edward was actually gonna die. I then sketched the scene on my notebook, and wrote a poem. But then, my computer crashed, and lost the poem. :sob:

Anyway, my favorite part of the whole book series is when **SPOILER!!** Edward proposed to Bella and she laughed. It reminded me of... well, me! :heart: :love: :heart: its so funny and romantic at the same time. ** ANOTHER SPOILER!! ** I also love when Alice is showing Bella that she will be okay in the fight against Victoria's army.

I love the whole book series. I am so pysched for Breaking Dawn and Midnight Sun!

BTW? Does anybody want to read The Host? It looks confusing... but interesting...
Demon_Anya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2008 05:12
I do like the books, but Bella's character is often generic and cliché- a Mary Sue of sorts for those of you who know your fanfiction terminology. But I love Edward, nonetheless!

I totally agree. SHe's totally annoying. And I feel like she's playing both Jake and Edward. And I feel horrible for Jake *spolier alert for Eclipse* when in the epilogue, he gets the invite to Bella's wedding and he runs away.*end spoiler*

Poor guy. But I really find myself hoping for a return of Aro...
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2008 04:49
OMG! Stephenie Meyer's site was updated, but that's not whats got me all aflutter... (where did THAT come from : "aflutter"?!) Anyway, here's a link to a behind the scene's look at the movie!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. IT doesn't look too terribly inaccurate, but they only showed the scenes where **SPOILER** Edwards saves Bella from James and when he saves her from Tyler Crowley's car. **End SPoiler** I can't wait for Breaking Dawn, Midnight Sun, and the movie to come out! :heart:
Legolas_roxxs_13
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2008 03:03
Edward is sooooooooooooo yummy!!!!!
And Jacob's an idiot! seriously, I do envy Bella, and Alice is the best character. Definitely.
I can't wait to see Robert Pattinson play Edward, but I might have to kill the girl who plays Bella!
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2008 10:26
I agree... oops, I forgot to put the link in that last post. I will in a few minutes. Sorry bout that.
Deagol112LotR
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2008 06:46
I'm reading New Moon now. My friends got me hooked on it! I can't wait for the movie. :love:
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: May 20, 2008 10:31
I love Edward and Emmett. I can't choose which one I like more :love:
Bella's so annoying!!!! I wish she had died in Twilight....

I'm about to start New Moon. I've heard it's the best one so far.
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2008 12:46
I am so excited, I am surrounded by Twilight fans, so my excitement is only mirrored and increased everyday for both Breaking Dawn and the movie! And, Frodofan, I think that New Moon is good, but I think that Eclipse is the best, but I will probably like Breaking Dawn even better when it comes out... I hope that she didn't really make a narrator change. Bella's annoying, but she is a good narrator, and puts an interestingly funny twist on horrible things like vampires and murder and werewolves... Werewolves rule!! jk, I love the Cullens more... I think...
frodofan14
Send Message
on: May 23, 2008 01:17
That book she's working on about Edward seems interesting...

Okay, it seems like about 15 people have New Moon on hold at the library :dizzy: At this rate, I won't be able to read it before August.
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2008 01:29
I'm SO sorry! I only had to wait a week, and I was having anxiety nightmares about how it would turn out... I hope you get it soon! If it was legal, I would copy it and type it all up for you in a PM.

BTW, does anyone know who is composing the music for the movie yet? I wonder what Edward's lullaby sounds like? I bet its sweet and haunting...
frodofan14
Send Message
on: May 23, 2008 01:45
No, sorry
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2008 01:49
Thats okay, I will go on a researching rampage in a few hours, once I watch I Am Legend, that way I can look some stuff up for that too.... well, I really hope you get it soon. Its good, but I will not tease you about it!
frodofan14
Send Message
on: May 23, 2008 01:50
I hope so too.

Okay, am I the only one that thinks Elijah Wood should have played Edward? He's good-looking enough....

[Edited on 24/5/2008 by frodofan14]
horsey_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2008 02:01
i completely love edward!!! i had a phase when i was reading the books for the first time that i was completely obsessed by him!!! my friends completely didnt understand, but then i got them to read the books...and, well...u know what happens!!:love:
frodofan14
Send Message
on: May 27, 2008 10:19
LOL!!! My friend hates him (I shunned her after that )
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2008 10:57
I think Elijah could be edward, but he doesn't look exactly intense-enough, if you know what I mean....
frodofan14
Send Message
on: May 27, 2008 01:16
I guess, plus I don't really picture him going out with someone like Bella. Or killing animals. BUt He looks good enough
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2008 04:55
hehe, yeah... I watched the first completed scene from the movie. It's where *spoilers if you haven
t finished Twilight* James gets Bella in the ballet studio. The action is very much toned down from how I pictured it, but I guess there's only so much movie magic can do... James was perfect!! I can't wait to hear Edward's lullaby! I saw Breaking Dawn's cover! Its all chess-y... why?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email