Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
Post RE: Twilight
on: June 09, 2008 10:03
I finished Eclipse a while ago, and my friend got a special edition and it comes with a poster of Breaking Dawn... one of the pieces is bloodred, do you think that's signifigant?
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2008 02:22
I finished Eclipse a while ago, and my friend got a special edition and it comes with a poster of Breaking Dawn... one of the pieces is bloodred, do you think that's signifigant?
yeah, I think that the color of the peices is significant. I believe that it signifies that perhaps Bella will be thirsty... but on Stephenie Meyer's site, she said that it may be significant, but she can't discuss it until the release.
frodofan14
Send Message
on: June 10, 2008 09:40
Isn't there a white pawn in the background? I bet that means Jacob....
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2008 01:59
I hope so too... I pity poor ol' Jacob... I was kinda rooting for him to get Bella in New Moon... But that may be because I have a goofy, red-haired best buddy named Jacob... he acts a lot like Jacob in the book, before he became one of the pack... I hope my Jacob doesn't ever change that way... and now, ironically, my friends have all started calling me Bella because I'm so obsessed with it... I can't wait to find my "Edward"... :love:

Does anyone think that maybe Edward will go back on his word, and NOT change Bella? I am a sick, twisted person for thinking that, but you, know, it COULD happen :evil: ... I hope he does change her, but maybe... you know, he might chicken out...
frodofan14
Send Message
on: June 11, 2008 09:30
No way. If he doesn't, Carlisle could do it for him.........
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2008 01:30
Or Alice, maybe...

What if the cover has to do with the Volturi? They will probably want Bella for her power, whatever it will be... and there would be a vampire war if that happened, and Jacob would probably convince the pack to help Bella. Hm... there are so many possiblities, I think my head might explode!!

What do you think Bella's new power will be? Other than the normal vampire stuff...
frodofan14
Send Message
on: June 12, 2008 09:53
idk, maybe just like not being affected by other vampire powers...
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2008 01:33
hehe, I guess that is a good power. I would hate for people to see what goes through my mind... or hurt me by smiling... hmm... I can't think of anything but that... glad I''m not the only one who thinks so!
frodofan14
Send Message
on: June 13, 2008 09:56
LOL Yeah I hate Jane.
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2008 02:48
Yes, she reminds me of a girl on my old cheerleading squad. I had to quit because her and her friends tormented me so... and she did it all with a smile!

I am scouring the pages of every book for any hidden meanings for Breaking Dawn. My buddy has New Moon, but I will get it back Sunday... I want to look closer into the Volturi, and see if they have said anything significant to the future...

I had a dream about Twilight last night. I was Alice. It was very nice!!

Someone stole my BFF's copy of Eclipse!! I am so angry!!

My friend is reading the Host. She says it is brilliant!!! I can't wait to get ahold of it!! Its on a 5+ week waiting list at the library...
frodofan14
Send Message
on: June 23, 2008 05:33
Aww, I hope the person who stole it returns it! (doubtful).

Eh, the Host sounds a bit creepy...
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2008 12:07
I'm on the phone with her right now! She says thanks, but she's buying the limited edition in a few days, she hopes. Someone stole it right out of her locker. We are still trying to figure out who did it!

Yeah, it is, but I'm really into sci-fi and the whole, "body snatchers" thing... I'm a true nerd!! But, it was weirding me out when I read the excerpt on Stephenie's site.

Will you see the Twilight movie when it comes to theaters? Or will you just wait for it to come to DVD, in fear of them totally destroying the story? I will have to wait and see before I answer... if left to myself, I will probably do the latter. But my friend will probably drag me to see it opening night...
frodofan14
Send Message
on: June 25, 2008 04:21
My friend has the limited edition but I don't

I think I will, coz it comes out like two days before my birthday, and my two best friends like Twilight, so I'll see it with them for a party.
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2008 07:07
Oh, I really want it, but I already have all the books (except Breaking Dawn ;P...) Maybe if there's a limited ed. B.D., I may get that.

That sounds fun, I wish I had a december b-day. My mom's is the 9th, but she doesn't really approve of anything remotely dark. so that's out... she really doesn't like me reading the books, but I said that there was nothing bad (romance) in it, and that Edward was a "vegetarian vamp" and she said "be careful what I read...:nono:" :rolleyes:
frodofan14
Send Message
on: June 25, 2008 09:38
My parents read a lot of what I do
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2008 01:26
Some things I read they enjoy, but mostly they hate fantasy and scifi, so they don't really like my collection... I wonder what Twilight would be like as a video game...
frodofan14
Send Message
on: July 07, 2008 09:41
Whoa, that would be sick! Like fight James in the studio, or baseball.....
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2008 01:37
Hehe, I would totally buy that game!! If it continued into New Moon and Eclipse it would be even better!!! I would so love to play a gamel like the climax of Eclipse...
frodofan14
Send Message
on: July 08, 2008 04:21
Oh, or try to save Edward from the Volturi or somthing in Italy.... or do somthing with Alice's car....
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2008 07:42
heh, yeah. it would be so fun!! Maybe they will make one if the movie is succesfull enough...
frodofan14
Send Message
on: July 08, 2008 10:12
It probably will be, coz the books are so popular everyone will see the movie... (and be dissapointed, but still.).
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2008 02:13
yes, my thoughts exactly!! I wish that they could leave things unchanged, or just make minimum changes, like Peter Jackson did... they've already changed some dialouge and stuff... which makes me angry!!

But we can always go back to the book when the movie hurts our feelings...
frodofan14
Send Message
on: July 09, 2008 08:10
Yeah
horsey_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2008 10:47
omigosh i cant wait till the film comes out i am gonna be screaming sooo much in the cinema and crying hysterically lol im already screaming about it and OMIGOSH breaking dawn comes out in like 12days2hrs15mins (for england) but obvs i just have to go on holiday the day before so im desperately trying to organise something i love edward sooo much he is like the hottest guy ive ever not met but also hotter than the ones i have lol :drool: i hope they dont spoil the film if they do i will seriously die but i have seen the rpatz cheeky smile and tis AMAZING like breathtaking fainting amazing so thats all good then....soooo jealous of bella (and she has a pretti name!!grrr)

:heart::love::heart::love::heart::love::heart::love::heart:

xxx love the future mrs cullen xxx
frodofan14
Send Message
on: July 22, 2008 11:42

Only aa couple more days to Breaking Dawn..... I hope I can read all of them in time. I finished rereading Twilight a few minutes ago, I should finish them all in time.

[Edited on 30/7/2008 by frodofan14]

Finished I really love Edward. I'm ashamed. :blush: but last night I couldn't sleep, I was thinking about him.... it was so embarressing, I like kept hearing the name in my head and my stomach got all knotted and I couldn't talk and I didn't fall asleep til midnight. So weird.

[Edited on 31/7/2008 by frodofan14]

Only 11 more hours. OMG!!!!!!!!! If Carlisle, Edward, Jasper, Embry, Alice, or Emmett get hurt I am going to be REALLY mad~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 1/8/2008 by frodofan14]

I'm getting ready for the release party. EXCITED

[Edited on 2/8/2008 by frodofan14]
Naera
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2008 05:14
OMG!!! I got Breaking Dawn!! It is so good!! I'm on page 409, and I am about to pee in my pants it is so good!! that is all!!
frodofan14
Send Message
on: August 03, 2008 06:46
SPOILERS FOR BREAKING DAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finished today. I have to admit, I'm a bit....how do I say it? Not quite dissapointed, but dissatisfied. Stephanie said they vampires can't have babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean I thought even if it was just one vamp parent they still wouldn't be able.... geez..... I thought Jacob would imprint on Leah, I feel so bad for her... Renesmee??? Come on!!!!!! Poor Bella at least Jake and Edward are friends now. I really didn't like when the story was from Jacob's point of view, it was really boring. I wish there had been a battle, I was expecting some Cullens would die. (Hopefully Rosalie) but I loved the part when all the forein covens were going to fight the Volturi and they were all saying goodbye to their lovers... I cried at that part. I wanted someone to kill Jane so much!!!!!!!!!!! I liked the Amazon vampires, they're so cool. Poor Charlie. I wonder if they ever told Renee..... At least Charlie's with Sue, so the treaty will probably last a long time, plus Jake's like BBFs with them I really like Seth. I wonder who he imprinted on. And Leah!!! Poor her!!!!!!!!!!! I wish they'd included Sam and Emily's wedding........ I like the J Jenks character, he's cool. I wonder if Bella ever got in touch with Ben and Angela, and Mike. He'd have a heart attack I think if he saw her..... I like Charlie as a grandpa. He's cute. I also like Benjamin, I'd love a gift like that. Bella's gift is kinda lame. No offense, but a shield? I'd be really dissapointed if I were her (though it's proved helpful) I liked the part when Bella was testing out her strength and arm wrestling Emmett. I was waiting for that part, and then she remembered. I am glad Jasper's okay, and Alice. I can't really think of anything else to say about it just yet.... oh yeah the cover. I think the red pawn is Renesmee. Don't ask why.

I think the song Carry You Home is kind of a Bella/Edward song. Idk why. Listen to it, and give me your opinion. It kind of makes me think, if Bella hadn't been pregnant, then it's like the last night before Edward changes her. Like he's watching her breathing for the last time.....
ainaloth_duredhel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2008 07:03
Renesmee has to be one of the strangest names I've ever heard.
frodofan14
Send Message
on: August 04, 2008 11:20
It is pretty weird. I think Edward Jacob is much cooler.
CelticMoon
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2008 05:17
I absolutely LOVED Breaking Dawn....it was a nice shocker!!
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2008 04:09
I didn't want to read the books at first but my best friend and boss (she's both) encouraged me to and finally brought me the first two and said-"read them!"
Once I got passed the first few chapters of Twilight I was hooked. I think the stories are fabulous. Spoiler alert[u][/u]

As for the last story...I was surprised by the pregnancy as well...pleasantly though I couldn't see a good end to it. Jacob imprinting on Renesme was a surprise I hadn't forseen. I also became quite fond of the interaction between Rosalie and Jacob. I think I'd have made the baby's name Esmerenee, kind of like Esmerelda. You get the idea that Bella was really thinking it would be a boy though, so not much thought went into the name. I loved the books though and Stephenie Meyer has left lots of room to write so many more. I thought I saw something online about a book called "Midnight: Edward's Story" but I haven't been able to find it again.
A friend of mine has on her blog the following quote; "My heart belongs to my husband but my neck belongs to Edward." Cute huh!

Brandywine
frodofan14
Send Message
on: August 10, 2008 05:35
I belive it's called Midnight Sun, and you can read the first chapter of it on Stephanie's website. It's really good
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2008 02:03
Thanks for posting that frodofan14 I haven't visited Stehanie's website in a few days. Her dad was actually educated in the small town I live in, here in rural Idaho. I saw her on an interview. She seems genuinely nice.

Can't wait to read her next book and see the movie which has been moved up to November. Woohoo!
lotrlover606
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2008 03:20
absolutly loved all four books, in new moon I wanted to kill jacob but after readin breaking dawn I actually like him. Edward I love him he was what I beieve to be the kinda guy that all women would love to date. Bella got on my nerves at times but overall she's pretty cool.
horsey_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2008 11:45
finished breaking dawn a while ago was sooo sad the end of an era and all that (even though theres still midnight sun and the films!!! yay!!!) but now im reading them AGAIN im on new moon this is the third time ive read the series since july, fourth overall...only...yet!! breaking dawn was surprising, like not what i expected, it takes a while to get used to because its so different, but i still loved it the whole way through

and did i mention?? im COMPLETELY and hopelessly in love with edward. i also adore jacob and seth and emmett and jasper and carlisle...

stephenie meyer is such an amazing author she totally includes you in the story and yeah shes just incredible shes my fave author i think which is something coz i dont really have faves!!

i SO want to be bella!!

xx
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email