Register

Author Topic:
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Twilight
on: June 22, 2009 10:29
This thread hasn't died!
I didn't like Twilight too much...don't know why, I just didn't. Then I read New Moon, and fell in love with Jacob. :heart: I think he has the most character, except maybe Seth, who is also one of my favorites.
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 22, 2009 02:07
A bunch of my friends and I were joking around, talking about how best to remake the movies, and now we're going to make a bunch of spoofs - Lady of the Rings, Prince's Bride, and, the original, Twy-lite. Our only problem is that most of us are girls, and most of the characters are guys. So, Lady of the Rings and Prince's Bride are going to be backward - the girl characters are guys, and the guy characters are girls. It'll be awesome, when we finally get around to it.

I like Jacob, and love Seth, but I must admit, I still adore Edward. :love:
AgordanPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2010 11:47
Well if you guys like Twilight and or Twilight parodies go to youtube and look up VampCamp

My best friend and I run a production company that does Twilight Parodies and also our own personal webshow The Addie and Sam show.

Go check it out!! Our most popular parody is called "It's my birthday" which is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHe56O3jeqE

If you Love Edward...go look at our video's!
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
Post Re: Twilight
on: March 11, 2012 10:49
I'm digging up this old thread because I recently just "watched" a couple of the films and have started reading the first book. I can't believet this thread hasn't been posted in since 2010!

Aaaaanyway...

I hope fans will forgive me when I say that I fell asleep during the films because I found them pretty boring, though I might be willing to give them another chance. So I decided to try the book to see if it was the film version I didn't like, or just the story in general... And surprisingly the book is pretty good! I still can't stand Bella and I'm not sure if Edward is truly in love with her for her, or because she could be food... but meh. I like it enough. I think I might read the second one when I'm done!
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I've never read the Twilight series and i kinda want to but I'm not sure if they're all they are pumped up to be.....
"A sprinter learning to wait."
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
I started to read the series, but didn't get that into it. Should I keep reading? Is it worth it? I haven't watched ALL of the movies either, but I have to say, I'm more of an Edward fan. >w< Just sayin'
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
I started to read the series, but didn't get that into it. Should I keep reading? Is it worth it? I haven't watched ALL of the movies either, but I have to say, I'm more of an Edward fan. >w< Just sayin'
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I have the first two and the last book and just read the first one....blah. I saw the first movie and thought....blah. No offense to any Twilight fans out there. I think I will give the books a try again....they are so simple to read. I like Edward better than...uh...who is he?..No wait, that is wrong....which one is the werewolf? I like the werewolf.

[Edited on 10/22/2013 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I understand Lin It seems like they were made into a bigger deal then they should have. But I might just read them so I can see
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I think you should read them. Do you have them? I was lucky and found 3 at a yard sale for $3.00. I am missing the last book. If you don't have them, I sure wouldn't buy them...I would go to the library.

[Edited on 10/22/2013 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I don't own them, I just get them from my school library!
YES! To all, the series is DEFINITELY worth it! I finished the first book in TWO days! It's THAT good!!!!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, since that last post of mine, I got the last book. Now I have the whole set and it is tempting to start reading them. I seem to think I finished the first book really fast but I really don't remember much about it.

Things sure can change. Now I like the first movie and all I know about the others is the werewolves.

Team Jacob for me. Edward is a bit too..um...pale for my liking.

[Edited on 10/23/2013 by Lindarielwen]
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
I did not care for the series that much, but I'm from the area where it was filmed. My absolute favorite part is the random appearance of Multnomah Falls, which is totally in Oregon, NOT the Olympic Peninsula of Washington.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
That must have been interesting to see a place you know in the movie.

I dug out my 4 books today and might just get started, even though I am still not finished with Fellowship of the Ring. I have not been able to concentrate on my reading as much as I would like lately.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I've never read Twilight, and Im not sure if I want to start. At a young age, my parents were very pushy about what kind of books I could and could not read. I may read them someday when Im up and out of the house, but now, living at home, I don;t want to read something that my parents are so adamently against and I do not want to betray their trust by doing so.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I read ALL the books and they're SOOOOOoooo amazing! Do NOT watch the movies cuz they're REALLY not worth it! They make the books look bad. But, seriously, I made the choice to read them and I do not regret it
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
I was a fan of the books, but the movies destroyed it's image. I mean, i still like the books very much, but the hate caused by the movies made me sad. The author didn't deserve it. And the movies really are BAD. The actors....God! So awful! But I really like the books.
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, you are making me want to dig out the books and start to read. I read the first one and found it an easy read but never read the others.

You have a great avatar LadyElarinya
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Lindarielwen! And likewise. ^^

And if you can read it, you should. In my opinion, it gets better after the first one. Though the second books is a bit...Well, seemed a bit stretched out for me. Which is understandable since the whole series was suposed to be a duology (if i'm not mistaken). My favorite part is when Bella becomes a vampire. The last book was quite amusing. Though, that is one point for the movies. It has a scene which in the books didn't have and people complained that it 'should' have. But I won't give any spoiler.
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Still haven't read/seen.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
It's commendable why you won't read it. But why are they against it?
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^ TOTALLY agree with you about the movies ruining it!!! SO TRUE!!! I love the books!!!
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Have you read "Midnight Sun", Ethelynn?

I really enjoyed it, but when I found out the draft had been illegaly published online I felt bad for reading it. Even when the author herself posted it. It made her stop writting and I can't wait to read the finished book.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
No, I've never heard of it, I'm going to look it up RIGHT NOW
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
It's the first book written from Edward's point of view. But the draft that is on the internet is unfinished, of course. Stephenie Meyer gave it to a close friend or family member when she was still writting it and they put it on the internet. That displeased her so much she kind of abandoned the book. But she says she's waiting for the "twilight fever" to die down to publish it. At least that's what I remember. xD
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Hmmm... that;s interesting, I've never heard of something happening like that before.
But for all you Twilight fans, if you HAPPENED to not see the movie yet, DONT. Just dont. It's a good movie, but it ruins the books for you.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I have heard of publishing without consent so many times and it makes me leery...O.O

Im thinking I might read the books, but protest the movies. Same as I did with Fault in our Stars and Divergent.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I just watched New Moon and found the first half so incredibly dull. I will watch the other movies eventually. Now that I have all 4 books, I will get around to reading them one day.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
My friend told me that Lee Pace makes an appearence in the last film, Lindarielwen.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email